Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are elder gays worried? ( I know I am )

Trump may pocket Social Security funds to build new presidential palace -reminiscent of hitlers unfinished domed monstrosity-painted in gold leaf.

by Anonymousreply 4July 7, 2024 5:32 PM

I'm not elder but my parents are and I hope to live long enough to receive my earned social security benefits.

Social Security is only one reason why I will never, ever vote Republican.

by Anonymousreply 1July 7, 2024 2:29 PM

That's the ONLY reason R1???

by Anonymousreply 2July 7, 2024 3:31 PM

All the noise of tribal social media ack ack has obscured what's at stake in this election - and "Trump's presidential palace" just places the discussion in exactly the noise that distracts.

Trump has a specific and publicized plan for his presidency: Project 2025. It's telling in the last few days he's distancing himself from this detailed plan that his people developed - his instinct is that he can't win if people completely understand these intentions. He also knows his most rabid supporters demand exactly what Project 2025 promises.

THE END OF SOCIAL SECURITY

THE END OF MEDICARE.

GET RID OF EPA, FDA, NOAA, FEDERAL RESERVE

ESTABLISHING DETENTION (CONCENTRATION) CAMPS AND DEPORT UP TO 15 MILLION PEOPLE

USE THE US MILITARY ON AMERICAN CITIZENS DEMONSTRATING

MAKE BIRTH CONTROL ILLEGAL

REMOVE ALL LEGAL PROTECTIONS FOR GAY PEOPLE

THE "PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS" IN THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE REALLY MEANS THE "PURSUIT OF BLESSEDNESS" AND AN IMPERIAL PRESIDENCY WILL DELIVER A CHRISTIAN-CENTERED GOVERNMENT- LEADING TO INCARCERATION OF THOSE WHO DON'T ABIDE BY "CHRISTIAN VALUES" - CLOSE MOST BUSINESSES ON SUNDAYS IN ORDER TO WORSHIP THE LORD ETC ETC

And on and on. Many economic experts predict a complete economic collapse for the US if Project 2025 is implemented. Should elder gays pay attention? Ya think?

by Anonymousreply 3July 7, 2024 4:12 PM

R2 has reading comprehension issues

by Anonymousreply 4July 7, 2024 5:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!