Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The struggles of being a LGBTQ+ Librarian these days

From public book bans to their own gender and sexual identity, these librarians have a struggle on their hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 7, 2024 6:24 PM

That anthropomorphization of those animals is intolerable. Give them space!

by Anonymousreply 1July 7, 2024 2:23 PM

I feel badly for librarians. They're these quiet, studious bookworms and now they get to deal with mouth-breathing MAGAts and Proud Boyz.

by Anonymousreply 2July 7, 2024 2:33 PM

These people are insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 3July 7, 2024 2:34 PM

Chaz doesn’t struggle to lift they’s fork from they’s plate to they’s mouth.

by Anonymousreply 4July 7, 2024 2:56 PM

Bitch please.

by Anonymousreply 5July 7, 2024 3:04 PM

Title should read: The Struggles of Being a Lesbian or Gay Librarian

by Anonymousreply 6July 7, 2024 3:11 PM

How about: most librarians are straight and have the same problems.

by Anonymousreply 7July 7, 2024 3:24 PM

R7 Because they don't have the same problems.

by Anonymousreply 8July 7, 2024 3:26 PM

They buy the same problem books.

by Anonymousreply 9July 7, 2024 3:27 PM

R6 Why ?

by Anonymousreply 10July 7, 2024 3:27 PM

The Phooey Decimal System

by Anonymousreply 11July 7, 2024 3:41 PM

I worked for one of the largest K-12 publishers in the country for over a decade. Librarians were our biggest customers and I spent tons of time with them.

They work in a chronically underfunded profession and have to stress about losing their jobs every year, since cities/schools target libraries for budget cuts before almost anything else. And, in recent years, they have to worry about their physical safety because of the fucking GOP.

Want to support librarians? Take out a library card and use it. Librarians are hero’s as far as I’m concerned. They’re tough motherfuckers and rarely back down from a fight with the lunatic right.

by Anonymousreply 12July 7, 2024 4:06 PM

Nothing worse than a pissed-off cat lady….

by Anonymousreply 13July 7, 2024 4:23 PM

[quote] They work in a chronically underfunded profession and have to stress about losing their jobs every year, since cities/schools target libraries for budget cuts before almost anything else.

I live in a well-to-do city and our library is well-funded.

by Anonymousreply 14July 7, 2024 4:49 PM

Your privilege barn door is wide open r14.

by Anonymousreply 15July 7, 2024 6:18 PM

[quote]Nothing worse than a pissed off cat lady...

IKR?

by Anonymousreply 16July 7, 2024 6:21 PM

I'm r6 BTW.

by Anonymousreply 17July 7, 2024 6:22 PM

[quote] Librarians are hero’s

R12? Perhaps you should have chosen your English teacher as your hero.

by Anonymousreply 18July 7, 2024 6:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!