Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Heart cancel remaining tour dates as Ann Wilson undergoes cancer treatment

Heart star Ann Wilson is undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy after doctors discovered cancer during a recent medical procedure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 8, 2024 3:27 AM

I think sister Nancy had agreed to perform and tour. The two had had a falling out and I think the relationship was still shaky.

The falling out was because of an incident involving Ann's husband and Nancy's son. The son left the bus door open, husband's dog escaped, and Ann's husband went nuts. Police were involved.

by Anonymousreply 1July 7, 2024 6:04 AM

🎶Let Me Throw Gravy On You!!🎶

by Anonymousreply 2July 7, 2024 7:47 AM

Oh that's sad. But at least they lasted longer than a Janet Jackson tour.

by Anonymousreply 3July 7, 2024 8:27 AM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 4July 7, 2024 9:06 AM

I'm glad I didn't shell out $100 or more to see them in December here in Vancouver. I hope Ann's treatment goes well and she goes into remission. 74 and still able to belt out tunes. Simply amazing.

She and Nancy were hot AF back during their Dreamboat Annie days.

by Anonymousreply 5July 7, 2024 9:42 AM

R1, here's an old thread about their feud. Ann's husband sounds like a troublemaker.

And yes to R5, Ann has the best voice in rock 'n' roll IMO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 7, 2024 10:11 AM

What's this trend now of revealing cancer but not the type? The type is everything. I'm a nosy bitch and want to know.

by Anonymousreply 7July 7, 2024 10:31 AM

We know. We heard your whining tbe tenth time.

by Anonymousreply 8July 7, 2024 11:59 AM

I bet it's cancer of her epizutis.

by Anonymousreply 9July 7, 2024 12:06 PM

They need to fucking stop touring. Ann is 74, footage of the few shows they did in April/May shows her sitting through much of the show and that voice just isn’t there any longer, she huffs and puffs trying to sing. Nancy tries to strut around on stage hoping not to break a hip. I certainly don’t wish Ann to have cancer but something has to stop these two from touring in their 70s. They both look ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 10July 7, 2024 12:26 PM

[quote] I certainly don’t wish Ann to have cancer but something has to stop these two from touring in their 70s. They both look ridiculous.

Well, thank heavens you didn't wish the cancer on Ann (sic), but we're also so happy you're pleased with the results.

We know the song of the loon when we hear it. A little sexist, dear?

by Anonymousreply 11July 7, 2024 1:11 PM

You know Nancy is PISSSSSED

by Anonymousreply 12July 7, 2024 2:53 PM

Yeah, Ann's husband sounds like an ass, but Ann allows it. I think Ann has an inferiority complex. Even with all of her talent, she still feels like the unattractive fat girl, lucky to get a man.

by Anonymousreply 13July 7, 2024 4:23 PM

Ann's husband sounds like a control freak asshole.

by Anonymousreply 14July 7, 2024 4:25 PM

Ann and Nancy seem co-dependent and thoroughly enmeshed with each other.

by Anonymousreply 15July 7, 2024 4:52 PM

I love them both. I love Heart (except for the shlocky 89s pop songs). I love that they were hard rock chicks and not slutty.

by Anonymousreply 16July 7, 2024 6:15 PM

The VH1 Behind the Music episode on Heart was entertaining. Especially the parts where they described Nancy and one of her bandmates (Roger Fisher, I think) dating and then breaking up. After the breakup, they still would perform together in Heart. According to Nancy, Roger would strum his guitar and stare at her face with an expression of "WHY?!!!"

by Anonymousreply 17July 7, 2024 6:47 PM

Is that VH1 episode the one that describes Ann incubating the baby grunge rockers Chris Cornell and Eddy Vedder among others? I love that she did that.

by Anonymousreply 18July 7, 2024 6:50 PM

I guess they had a change of heart.

by Anonymousreply 19July 7, 2024 6:56 PM

R15: I’ve heard that Nancy is the financial fuckup and has no money and Ann is doing just fine. From a financial perspective this affects Nancy, not Ann.

by Anonymousreply 20July 7, 2024 7:26 PM

Both of them should not *have* to tour and work like this. Nancy must be bad with money. It's obvious that they are no longer friends.

by Anonymousreply 21July 7, 2024 8:29 PM

Till now I always got by on my own

I never really cared until I met you

And now it chills me to the bone

HOW DO I GET YOU A LOAN??? HOW DO I GET YOU A LOAN???

by Anonymousreply 22July 7, 2024 8:34 PM

Did Nancy not get a substantial amount in her divorce from Cameron Crowe?,

by Anonymousreply 23July 7, 2024 9:53 PM

R20, a lot is covered in the thread linked above. Neither got a lot of money from Heart but Nancy is married to a music executive. It's very likely she doesn't have to work again.

by Anonymousreply 24July 7, 2024 10:41 PM

Who remembers "Almost Paradise" by Ann Wilson and Mike Reno? From the Footloose soundtrack.

At this Professor of Rock video, Ann and Mike each tell their sides of the story (the recording of the song) and it's like Rashomon.

Mike: Ann didn't show up on time (for the recording) and while people waited for Ann, he became drunk as hell.

Mike: I was given my choice of female singer for the duet. I chose Ann.

Ann: She had an arm injury and, no, she wasn't high. She never mixes drugs and music.

Ann: I was given my choice of male singer for the duet. I chose Robert Plant, who was booked up. Second choice was Paul Rodgers, no dice. Third choice: Lou Gramm, no dice.

My synthesis: Ann's career was in the dumps and it was always going to be Mike Reno. Ann showed up super late and on pills. Despite both being drunk / high, vocal talent was strong. The person in charge of the recording was sick and tired of waiting for Ann and said Take # 1 was good enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 8, 2024 12:58 AM

As much as I like Nancy, I think she's kind of dumb. I've heard enough interviews with her. She talks kind of meandering and slow and you think she's coming to a point and then ... not much.

by Anonymousreply 26July 8, 2024 2:11 AM

R26, I disagree with that totally. Nancy strikes me as very smart, very perceptive and also pretty mature.

by Anonymousreply 27July 8, 2024 2:48 AM

r25 Your take on the video sounds like quite an exaggeration

by Anonymousreply 28July 8, 2024 3:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!