Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden Leads Trump in Wisconsin and Michigan

The debate humanized Biden. We all mess up here and there. Either way, Biden is within the margin of error in 5 out of 7 states. Not including WI and MI in which Biden leads. It's all gonna come down to WISCONSIN, MICHIGAN and PENNSYLVANIA. Their opinion is the only ones that matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 8, 2024 11:03 PM

W00T!

by Anonymousreply 1July 6, 2024 7:50 PM

good news is that wisconsin supreme court allowed drop boxes again after GOP scum outlawed them

by Anonymousreply 2July 6, 2024 7:51 PM

I thought we were being told here to disbelieve polls.

Please make up your mind.

by Anonymousreply 3July 6, 2024 7:55 PM

Everyone knows you disbelieve the bad polls, and believe the good ones.

by Anonymousreply 4July 6, 2024 7:57 PM

We’re being told to disbelieve anything that is inconvenient for the Biden campaign. For those of us old enough to remember, this is sounding like Mark Penn in 200& trying desperately to convince us that Clinton could still win the nomination after Obama had enough delegates.

by Anonymousreply 5July 6, 2024 7:58 PM

[quote]We’re being told to disbelieve anything that is inconvenient for the Biden campaign.

Actually, you people make up 80% of the hysteria currently on DL and the rest of us are being told BY YOU that the election is lost already.

by Anonymousreply 6July 6, 2024 8:00 PM

Well, to be fair? Logic, history, polling data, and our own eyes are showing this.

If Biden were capable, he could have put this to rest day after the debate. Unscripted appearances, live interviews, press conferences. You know, all the things his campaign prevented him from doing over the last year so we wouldn’t be asking these questions.

by Anonymousreply 7July 6, 2024 8:07 PM

The media is still hysterical over the whole debate. Some blonde woman named Martha on ABC looked and sounded like she was going to hyperventilate and pass out, she was so hysterically assuring us that Biden is not ok and that every democrat is panicking,

I don’t know…I’m a democrat and I’m fine, I’m gonna have some ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 8July 6, 2024 8:30 PM

Fetterman said Democrats needs to grow a spine or get a set and not abandon Biden.

by Anonymousreply 9July 6, 2024 8:33 PM

I was content with a president operating competently, quietly, within his skill set. Now that we've got him performing like a chicken on a hot plate at the fair everything is in sudden disarray. It's foolishness, not on Joe's part but on the Henny Penny barnyard that's the American media. And, of course, the critics with their agenda to overturn American democracy. Is it ideal? No. But I never thought it was wise keeping septa and octogenarians at the highest levels of governance in the first place. And an enfeebled elder is preferable to a malevolent felon who only wants the job to keep himself out of the pokey and to visit wrath upon the justice department of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 10July 6, 2024 8:33 PM

OP this poll has Biden down by 7 in Pennsylvania. Why would you endorse it as Biden cannot win without Pennsylvania?

Oh that’s right, because you are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 11July 6, 2024 8:35 PM

More good news! Reporting from Deplorable Haven, FL, neighbor #2 has given up on Trump. I can't believe it! In fact, he's pissed off that they're not putting Trump in jail!

This guy's 40, has his own small business (out of his garage), and was the perfect conservative Trumper. When he started bitching to me about Trump this morning, I was so happy, I wanted to cry.

There is hope!

by Anonymousreply 12July 6, 2024 8:35 PM

Reddit is pushing the “Trump is a pedophile, was at Epstein island and alleged to have sex with a 13 year old girl” message. Will it take hold? Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 13July 6, 2024 8:38 PM

[quote] Fetterman said

A month ago datalounge was hating the guy. If he has been cancelled by this board why listen to him now?

"John Fetterman virtually says brain damage made him more conservative "

Again, please make up your mind

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 6, 2024 8:50 PM

THANK YOU, R8!

I'm about to cut a thin slice of both the lemon and chocolate halves of my Gambinos Lemon/Chocolate doberge cake, and have them with a cup of ice-cold Fairlife 2% milk.

I'll see all you hysterics on 11/06/2024.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 6, 2024 9:18 PM

To the simpleton at R14: you do realize that there are multiple people with differing opinions on DL, no? And that as an anonymous board, I, with one opinion, might have a different opinion that another anonymous poster? And that there never, ever has been a consensus of opinions on any topic on DL?

by Anonymousreply 16July 6, 2024 9:26 PM

Fetterman is among the gaslighting crowd. Nothing to see here; move along.

They do not address the very real issue that Joe is cleary diminished, has been for some time, and those closet to him have been hiding it.

The American people know from personal experience that elderly people in decline don’t get better; they get worse. Sometimes quite rapidly.

They will not vote for an old man who is physically weak and mentally diminished.

Oh! Look at Trump, not Biden! Trump is worse.

True, but irrelevant to what we do as Democrats.

I honestly don’t understand what the “Stick with Joe and shut up” crowd is thinking. They certainly don’t tell us. They pretend nothing’s wrong.

by Anonymousreply 17July 6, 2024 9:28 PM

When Biden loses, what will you say?

by Anonymousreply 18July 6, 2024 9:30 PM

[quote] Fetterman said Democrats needs to grow a spine or get a set and not abandon Biden.

Meanwhile he can’t even put on long pants and a shirt that’s not a hoodie.

by Anonymousreply 19July 6, 2024 9:32 PM

Oh, Jesus, people. Just pipe down and resolve to vote for Democratic candidates only in November, including whoever the hell their presidential candidate is. I'm fine with Biden but will vote for any Democrat against Trump. We need to stick together on this and not get caught up in fighting. Remember, this election is democracy vs. dictatorship. The choice is really easy.

by Anonymousreply 20July 6, 2024 9:38 PM

We need to get votes from people who do not subscribe to “Any Democrat will do” theory of politics.

Biden should be trouncing Trump. Trump is a convicted felon, a moron, a psychologically disturbed person who has his own signs of dementia.

Why is Biden behind?

People care that he is weak and old.

We need a fresh face to beat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 21July 6, 2024 9:44 PM

I wonder if these poll results will be used by the Biden people to keep Biden as the nominee until it’s too late. On the other hand, if these results are the same in the election, Trump wins. He can afford to lose Wisconsin and Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 22July 7, 2024 12:44 AM

Oh please, r17. Dems are their own worst enemy. Dump is incredibly more damaged than Biden, but you haven’t heard a peep from Repukes.

by Anonymousreply 23July 7, 2024 1:03 AM

“But what about…” = the slogan of Blue MAGA

by Anonymousreply 24July 7, 2024 1:04 AM

R23, are you suggesting that covering up an incompetent candidate is a good thing???

by Anonymousreply 25July 7, 2024 1:06 AM

I won't vote for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 26July 7, 2024 1:07 AM

That's fine as long as you don't vote at all.

by Anonymousreply 27July 7, 2024 1:34 AM

Most people have had it up to here with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 28July 7, 2024 1:42 AM

I don't appreciate DL's disrespect for flyover states - our votes matter!

by Anonymousreply 29July 7, 2024 1:48 AM

[quote]Why is Biden behind?

The same reason every other Democrat is behind Trump. A significant number of Americans are deeply, tragically, irretrievably stupid.

by Anonymousreply 30July 7, 2024 1:49 AM

[quote] The same reason every other Democrat is behind Trump. A significant number of Americans are deeply, tragically, irretrievably stupid.

That disrespect by Democrats is how they lost the working class.

by Anonymousreply 31July 7, 2024 1:58 AM

Good! However I worry that this won’t dissuade all the liberal media including of course the NYTimes which have obviously all got their marching orders over the past week to immediately call for Biden’s head to a high degree of hysteria unmatched it seems since the Salem Witch Trials’ accusations, good heavens.

by Anonymousreply 32July 7, 2024 2:04 AM

The article shows Biden is losing Pennsylvania, thus, he loses the election. Maybe read next time before posting, OP.

by Anonymousreply 33July 7, 2024 2:06 AM

R30, that’s exactly the reason people left the Democratic Party. Calling voters stupid doesn’t make one want to vote for you. The Democratic Party supports nothing but the fringe elements of society and blacks. Guess what, the majority of voters are white.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 7, 2024 2:08 AM

Time to get rid of the Electoral College and one person one vote becomes law.

Like in the rest of the world.

by Anonymousreply 35July 7, 2024 2:12 AM

R34 Because you sound like someone people should listen to. A race-baiting asshole whose post sounds like it came straight out of the MAGAT playbook. Go fuck yourself!

by Anonymousreply 36July 7, 2024 2:25 AM

R34, what the fuck are you talking about? Dems have won every presidential election popular vote in the last 30 years except for 2004. Go join the Nazi party if you want a party of exclusion.

by Anonymousreply 37July 7, 2024 2:32 AM

Hahahha anyone who believe this is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 38July 7, 2024 2:34 AM

R27 no I won't vote for Trump either. I live in CA so it won't matter one way or the other but I will vote the down ballots for Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 39July 7, 2024 2:38 AM

R34 is right actually.

by Anonymousreply 40July 7, 2024 2:38 AM

[quote]The Democratic Party supports nothing but the fringe elements of society and blacks.

By “fringe elements,” you mean everyone but straight white men, of course.

by Anonymousreply 41July 7, 2024 2:50 AM

There you go again, r41. Thank you for proving my point.

by Anonymousreply 42July 7, 2024 2:54 AM

[quote]Calling voters stupid doesn’t make one want to vote for you.

Oh, no, did I offend the MAGAts trolling DL? Quel dommage.

by Anonymousreply 43July 7, 2024 3:01 AM

Woot. Woot. Finally some good news.

by Anonymousreply 44July 7, 2024 3:10 AM

R4 Marry me.

by Anonymousreply 45July 7, 2024 3:11 AM

This could help explain Wisconsin and Michigan. There’s a huge discrepancy in spending between Biden and Trump in those states. In Pennsylvania, where Trump is ahead, Biden is only outspending Trump 2 to 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 7, 2024 5:27 AM

[quote]I won't vote for Biden.

Why, R26?

by Anonymousreply 47July 7, 2024 7:17 AM

Doesn't he have Pennsylvania, too?

And that's all that really fucking matters.

by Anonymousreply 48July 7, 2024 7:21 AM

Biden could afford to lose Pennsylvania if he can flip North Carolina. They have an equal number of electoral votes.

by Anonymousreply 49July 7, 2024 10:33 AM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 50July 7, 2024 10:58 AM

R47, because he’s a MAGAT troll. I have him blocked and I only block MAGATs.

by Anonymousreply 51July 7, 2024 11:16 AM

r47, r26 can be a Log Cabinette who feels his money will insulate him from being sent to a Project 2025 Concentration Plantation.

by Anonymousreply 52July 7, 2024 12:13 PM

R3, you're too short for that gesture.

by Anonymousreply 53July 7, 2024 1:31 PM

[quote] because he’s a MAGAT troll. I have him blocked and I only block MAGATs.

So have I.

by Anonymousreply 54July 7, 2024 1:36 PM

For those of you who claim Biden will step down, when do you think he will do it and what is he waiting for?

by Anonymousreply 55July 7, 2024 2:12 PM

Not stepping down.

Asked and answered.

by Anonymousreply 56July 7, 2024 2:15 PM

[quote] For those of you who claim Biden will step down, when do you think he will do it and what is he waiting for?

I don't know what he will do, but maybe he's waiting until the end of the GOP convention to lock the republicans in on a VP choice (assuming that might matter to them).

by Anonymousreply 57July 7, 2024 2:18 PM

I guess they will keep asking him everyday anyway. People behind the scenes are spreading rumors he has to deny all the up until they can announce a replacement plan. Just sharing the rumors (not substantiated my me).

by Anonymousreply 58July 7, 2024 2:18 PM

Not stepping down.

Asked and answered.

by Anonymousreply 59July 7, 2024 2:19 PM

[QUOTE] Biden could afford to lose Pennsylvania if he can flip North Carolina. They have an equal number of electoral votes.

If Joe Biden can’t win the state of Pennsylvania, he shouldn’t be running. God help him if those Pennsylvania numbers are accurate. And no, he can’t afford to lose it.

by Anonymousreply 60July 7, 2024 2:22 PM

[quote] Not stepping down. Asked and answered.

If the polls, starting this week, begin to fairly consistently show increasing slippage, the pressure on him by the party, office holders, candidates & fundraisers could be too great to overcome. I've seen too many politicians eventually swallow their initial vows to fight on to take Joe's commitment now as the gospel.

by Anonymousreply 61July 7, 2024 2:25 PM

There will not be any “increasing slippage,” R61. We already have numerous post-debate polls and they almost all paint the same picture as before: a tight race that slightly favors Trump. I know the Gavinistas are praying for a string of polls that start to show Trump with a 10 point lead, but it’s not happening. Joe is still keeping it close, and he’s still the best bet to defeat Trump.

The only person who would do better is Michelle Obama, because the American people truly want Barack back in the White House and that’s the only way we could do it. But she’s not running.

by Anonymousreply 62July 7, 2024 2:33 PM

They are showing people are turning on the media and Biden is gaining in the polls.

But polls are stupid game show ratings.

Asked and answered.

by Anonymousreply 63July 7, 2024 2:34 PM

[quote] The only person who would do better is Michelle Obama

Moving forward and beyond this election, we need someone who is going to fight. Not someone who is going to declare that we need to 'take the higher road' or 'turn the other cheek' or whatever it is that she said.

by Anonymousreply 64July 7, 2024 2:53 PM

[quote] Doesn't he have Pennsylvania, too?

Nope. Trump beats him there.

by Anonymousreply 65July 7, 2024 3:01 PM

[quote] There will not be any “increasing slippage,” [R61]. We already have numerous post-debate polls and they almost all paint the same picture as before: a tight race that slightly favors Trump.

The most recent polls haven't been uniform, but we do have the top related The New York Times/Siena College poll which went from Trump 3+/6+ to Trump 6+/9+. So yes, “increasing slippage.” And definitely outside the margin of error, not merely "a tight race that slightly favors Trump." In the immediate aftermath of the debate, polling gurus were saying we really wouldn't know the lay of the law until polls released starting tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 66July 7, 2024 3:13 PM

[quote]For those of you who claim Biden will step down, when do you think he will do it and what is he waiting for?

If the drumbeat gets louder from Congressional Democrats and donors, and it will if Biden doesn't start doing a lot more (successful) unscripted appearances, I don't see how he can survive. Congress and donors are privy to a lot more inside info than we are ... or, at least, inside rumors.

Then again, there were several pundits on the morning shows this morning that basically said, "Never underestimate the power of inertia in DC," and predicted Joe would still be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 67July 7, 2024 3:19 PM

[quote] if Biden doesn't start doing a lot more (successful) unscripted appearances,

If he could, he would. That's the problem. Too many, myself included, dismissed his failure to do a softball Super Bowl interview. In hindsight, it was a tell.

by Anonymousreply 68July 7, 2024 3:35 PM

[QUOTE]If the drumbeat gets louder from Congressional Democrats

Not happening. The overwhelming majority of Democratic politicians are standing with Joe. He’s in Philly right now at a church with the two PA Dem senators by his side, including Casey who’s on the ballot this year. There is no “drumbeat” outside of the New York Times editorial board.

by Anonymousreply 69July 7, 2024 3:36 PM

A phenomenon I’ve noticed through the years is that the GOP support dips in polls that are taken around a holiday. The Bloomberg poll was done 7/1-7/5. It will be interesting to see what polls look like that are conducted starting next week.

by Anonymousreply 70July 7, 2024 6:14 PM

Never heard of that.

Pull something else from your ass

by Anonymousreply 71July 7, 2024 8:32 PM

Yes, people watched the debate and thought, what a nice old man. Let's give him 4 more years with the nuclear codes

by Anonymousreply 72July 7, 2024 8:35 PM

And who, R72, wants an 80something Trump with the nuclear codes?

by Anonymousreply 73July 7, 2024 8:37 PM

That's an interesting premise, R70, and one I've never heard. Would you have any evidence to present, or perhaps a link or two backing you up?

by Anonymousreply 74July 7, 2024 9:55 PM

R74, how hard is it for you to look at the historical poll results over time and decide from that if you agree or not? You don’t anyone to provide you with anything to do that.

by Anonymousreply 75July 7, 2024 10:01 PM

I watched the debate, R72, and I was of two minds: the first was, of course, horrifying disappointment in Biden's performance which started out bad but improved over the course of 90 minutes; second was just sheer horror at every word that came out of Trump's orange mouth-anus as he descended into nothing but lies. And he told some real whoppers, from it being him who actually lowered the price of insulin — simply not true even in the wildest stretch of imagination — to the lie that world leaders are laughing at the US because of Biden — again, a total fabrication as world leaders (with the exception of Putin, of course) welcomed sanity back to the US and have worked with Biden and his administration on a host of issues. But there were too many lies to even begin to account here, so I'll leave it at that.

Now that we've had some time for the debate to sink in, what appears to me is that [italic]The NY Times[/italic] really, really wants Biden to step away. Of course, they've had it out for Biden (and, well, Democrats in general, going way back) since he refused to give them an exclusive interview, which really, really upset TPTB at the Old Grey Lady. I think it's important to remember that the Times ran stories about Hillary's emails above the fold on the front page every fucking day between the Democratic convention and election day 2016, with Maureen Dowd specially tasked with promoting Hillary hatred. Now, they have spilled so much ink over Biden's lackluster debate performance that they apparently used it all up before they could say a word about the sheer lunacy and completely incoherent lies that Trump vomited onto CNN's stage.

The fallout from the debate was undeniable, and Biden has done little to correct it. On the other hand, he's been preoccupied with calming the punditry down in the face of the attacks from [italic]The Times.[/italic] This Bloomberg poll is the first sign of hope I've seen, and it is welcome. There is no doubt that Biden faces a steeper hill now than he did before the debate, so polling that suggests the people get it despite the media and pundits' best efforts offers what I would suggest Democrats focus on: Biden on his worst day is still head and shoulders above Trump on his best day.

by Anonymousreply 76July 7, 2024 10:18 PM

R76

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 7, 2024 10:28 PM

Well, R75, R70 said "A phenomenon I’ve noticed" which leads me to believe that either he has some special insight or is just making shit up, so I thought I'd give him an opportunity to prove which is true. It is not my responsibility to prove or disprove his premise, and apparently you can't either... so why not ask R70 to expand on his claim?

by Anonymousreply 78July 7, 2024 10:31 PM

If the other side can unsee Jan 6 & all the related maneuverings to steal an election, the criminal conviction, the disastrous Covid leadership, etc., we can unsee Biden's debate performance.

by Anonymousreply 79July 7, 2024 10:59 PM

R79, but will the public be able to unsee every public appearance by Biden between now and the election?

by Anonymousreply 80July 7, 2024 11:31 PM

None of this is going away. Biden is screwed. This is going to be worse than Hillary and the email shit. Biden is now a laughing stock worldwide with countries doing sketches featuring him as a demented fool in a wheelchair drooling.

by Anonymousreply 81July 7, 2024 11:40 PM

The sad thing is, everyone knows Trump. There’s nothing he can do at this point to lower her poll numbers. The only one who’s going to keep plummeting is Biden. All Trump has to do is do what he did during the debate which is pull back and let Biden hang himself publicly. I knew liberals lost it when they convinced themselves that Trump wouldn’t show up to debate. The rest of us knew that Trump wouldn’t miss that for all the money in the world. This is a repeat of 2016 when liberals said that he would back out of debating Hillary. They’ll never learn.

by Anonymousreply 82July 7, 2024 11:42 PM

[quote]None of this is going away. Biden is screwed. This is going to be worse than Hillary and the email shit. Biden is now a laughing stock worldwide with countries doing sketches featuring him as a demented fool in a wheelchair drooling.

Oh noes. r81, whatever will you do???

by Anonymousreply 83July 7, 2024 11:48 PM

R81 = the lowest level, lowest-effort trolling

by Anonymousreply 84July 8, 2024 12:00 AM

[quote] The sad thing is, everyone knows Trump. There’s nothing he can do at this point to lower her poll numbers.

True. Everything Trump has ever done or ever said is already baked into his numbers. It would have to be something totally new to affect him, and not just a new variation of his past behavior.

by Anonymousreply 85July 8, 2024 12:01 AM

With the new Emerson poll, it does look like the Bloomberg polls were out of the norm. Wisconsin is now +3 for Trump and Michigan is +1 for Trump. However, the Emerson results may also be suspect since they too were done during the holiday period.

by Anonymousreply 86July 8, 2024 11:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!