Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

TCM this Sunday (July7)

First up is 'Whatever Happened to Baby Jane ? ' at 1:30 pm, followed by 'Psycho'. At 8 pm it' s 'Yentl' followed by 'The Way We Were'.

Please, don't let Mario Cantone be cohosting again.

by Anonymousreply 16July 7, 2024 4:10 PM

Pass on Yentl

by Anonymousreply 1July 6, 2024 7:42 PM

Quite the lineup. Should have aired Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte in there for its fabulous slapping scene and the satisfying ending. But how did it really end?

by Anonymousreply 2July 6, 2024 7:45 PM

I am so excited!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 6, 2024 7:47 PM

I’m So Excited

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 6, 2024 7:58 PM

CAGED is on right before Baby Jane.

by Anonymousreply 5July 6, 2024 8:07 PM

Spectrum is dropping TCM from its lineup. My mother is practically on suicide watch.

by Anonymousreply 6July 6, 2024 8:17 PM

R6. Wait. What? I pay $15 extra per month for some bogus entertainment package just so I can have TCM when it used to be free.

by Anonymousreply 7July 6, 2024 8:29 PM

Check your bill.

by Anonymousreply 8July 6, 2024 8:39 PM

[quote]First up is 'Whatever Happened to Baby Jane ? ' at 1:30 pm, followed by 'Psycho'. At 8 pm it' s 'Yentl' followed by 'The Way We Were'.

So, a horror lineup.

by Anonymousreply 9July 6, 2024 8:41 PM

Yes Yentl is horrible

by Anonymousreply 10July 6, 2024 8:42 PM

TCM has never been able to replace Robert Osborne with a good host. Someone who was knowledgeable and as charming and likeable as Osborne.

Carol Burnett could've been a great choice a few years ago (she's 91 now, not sure she'd be up to it though she's been doing pretty great in interviews the past few months). Burnett loves old movies, and has the charm factor. Streisand would be great, too, but I don't think she'd be interested.

by Anonymousreply 11July 7, 2024 3:52 AM

R11, I totally agree. I think Ben is the closest to match Robert's charisma. Dave Karger is cute but a little wooden. The other hosts though I can't stand.

by Anonymousreply 12July 7, 2024 4:56 AM

Ben and Dave are the ones I like the least - both are a bit too smug for my taste. DK is attractive, but he seems to think he's more attractive than what he really is.

by Anonymousreply 13July 7, 2024 1:17 PM

Ben Mankowitz is my favorite

by Anonymousreply 14July 7, 2024 3:15 PM

Yentl is the scariest of these movies.

by Anonymousreply 15July 7, 2024 3:20 PM

WTF is going on with Mario's hair? Friday night he looked like he was wearing a bad rug.

by Anonymousreply 16July 7, 2024 4:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!