Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Air France Safety Video

Only the French can even make an airline safety video seem bitchy.

That female flight attendant is a real CU Next Tuesday.

She's just dripping with contempt for us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 6, 2024 7:18 PM

Look how doily the male stewardess walks down that staircase, he smells cookies for sure.

by Anonymousreply 1July 6, 2024 12:48 PM

You’re projecting.

by Anonymousreply 2July 6, 2024 12:59 PM

Je lui lècherais le shitteur.

by Anonymousreply 3July 6, 2024 2:04 PM

The Mona Lisa is Italian.

by Anonymousreply 4July 6, 2024 2:05 PM

The guy looks British to me, so didn't get used to his French accent. I thought the woman was having fun, not condescending. Great video, especially the fashion show, but having them both repeat the same thing made it seem long. I suppose captions in both languages were good for hearing-impaired.

by Anonymousreply 5July 6, 2024 2:16 PM

Elaborate video, enjoyed the far-flung locations, including what looked like the Riviera. She seemed perfectly nice to me. The French do ‘crisp’ and ‘businesslike’ very well, They speak French quickly, the way New Yorkers speak English and that can seem intimidating.

They don’t do the kind of ‘casual warmth’ Americans do effortlessly and often seem to expect from others.

by Anonymousreply 6July 6, 2024 2:24 PM

Quite a lavish production for a safety video. I half expected the woman to end her recitation with a Gallic shrug. "Nothing we are showing you will save you in an emergency". But i like that about the French

by Anonymousreply 7July 6, 2024 2:27 PM

The crew on the Tour Eiffel were real crew:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 6, 2024 2:52 PM

I didn't find her condescending. I enjoyed the video, it was a really cool concept and made dull information enjoyable. The male steward was sexy.

by Anonymousreply 9July 6, 2024 2:56 PM

We just flew Air France and noticed how lavish this video is. Delta does something similar now where they show people putting in seatbelts and folding trays that aren’t really on a plane. Like in a beach chair instead of an airplane seat. Kinda weird but it’s inormation that should be obvious anyway so I guess they are just trying to be creative.

by Anonymousreply 10July 6, 2024 3:13 PM

United Airlines has gone with a Rube-Golberg machine, of all things, for its new safety video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 6, 2024 3:25 PM

I like it. It’s quirky, beautifully produced, and showcases some stunning parts of France. Well done!

by Anonymousreply 12July 6, 2024 3:41 PM

I wanna have the steward's baby.

by Anonymousreply 13July 6, 2024 3:43 PM

The United video looks like it's imitating the Survivor final challenge with the rolling ball thing. Tedious, boring, irrelevant and distracting. You want to look away.

The French video keeps you in travel mode--lets be safe to make sure we reach our lovely destination!

by Anonymousreply 14July 6, 2024 3:43 PM

[quote] The male steward was sexy.

[quote] I wanna have the steward's baby.

[quote] The guy looks British to me, so didn't get used to his French accent.

[quote] Je lui lècherais le shitteur.

His name is Yohann Fourneau, and he's an actor.

Most likely gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 6, 2024 5:59 PM

Yohann Fourneau also goes by Yoann Pigny Fournereau.

And he is very handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 6, 2024 6:01 PM

mmmmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 6, 2024 6:08 PM

OP do you know anything about French culture and most importantly the French language? She is not a cunt. That's one typical style of crisp prosodic chunking. Very declarative. This intonation is frequently misinterpreted by speakers of other languages. Her cool facial expressions can be misread as well.

by Anonymousreply 18July 6, 2024 6:09 PM

So, he's married with a kid?

by Anonymousreply 19July 6, 2024 6:37 PM

Much too long. I lost interest halfway through. I guess that shows my interest in safety. But I wonder how many people's lives have been saved because of this information in any airplane emergency or crash.

by Anonymousreply 20July 6, 2024 7:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!