Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Darling Gorgeous Young Gentleman Gets Shaved

That face, those cerulean eyes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 8, 2024 11:19 PM

Warning: excess vocal fry in this otherwise-cute video.

by Anonymousreply 1July 6, 2024 4:45 AM

What a beautiful kitty!

by Anonymousreply 2July 6, 2024 4:53 AM

Catzilla.

by Anonymousreply 3July 6, 2024 4:53 AM

I can’t believe I just watched that entire video.

by Anonymousreply 4July 6, 2024 5:03 AM

Thus is my cat altho he tolerates the groom a lot better.

by Anonymousreply 5July 6, 2024 5:26 AM

Doll face thread

by Anonymousreply 6July 6, 2024 5:27 AM

Aw, the kitty is cute

by Anonymousreply 7July 6, 2024 5:38 AM

Mine doesn't get the serenity toque. And the groomer always holds him up with his arms out like Frankenstein at the end and kisses him. Lol

by Anonymousreply 8July 6, 2024 5:47 AM

The repeated "heart murmur" story reminds me of Liza repeating "I had my knee replashed" on the Home Shopping Network.

by Anonymousreply 9July 6, 2024 6:58 AM

What a darling fur baby. I hope he keeps on the road towards a happy, healthier life.

by Anonymousreply 10July 6, 2024 6:59 AM

If this gorgeous gentleman was brushed on a daily basis like he requires and deserves, this total shave would be unnecessary. Why do people get these kinds of cats, only to neglect them?

by Anonymousreply 11July 6, 2024 12:05 PM

My ragdoll grows tight dreadlocks very close to his skin overnight. It is overwhelming and very difficult to deal with them all during twice.yearly shedding cycles. I now get him shaved a few times a year to keep up and refresh his coat. Also less shedding in the house!

by Anonymousreply 12July 6, 2024 2:22 PM

Beautiful cat, but that woman’s voice—nails on a chalkboard.

by Anonymousreply 13July 6, 2024 2:48 PM

He shan’t forget what his owners put him through. They better sleep with one eye open.

by Anonymousreply 14July 6, 2024 3:22 PM

My big fat orange male needs groomed but he won't let me. And he won't do it himself. I don't know if he's depressed or what. I'm afraid if I took him to a professional groomer it would be like a scene from Alien.

by Anonymousreply 15July 6, 2024 3:42 PM

Thank you, OP. I put it on mute at 2x speed and it’s a wonderful work of art.

by Anonymousreply 16July 6, 2024 4:13 PM

R15 it's much easier for a stranger and professional groomer to do them. They just assume the position and don't fuss because they are in a strange environment. I tried home grooming a couple times but they are cagey and outsmarted my in their home environment and fought and ran and hid. Taking them to salon I'd much easier on everyone!!

by Anonymousreply 17July 6, 2024 4:14 PM

I had airedales and the clipping job requires four to eight sessions at home because clippers get too hot (cheap blades need to be changed out each clip) and even the kindest airedale got sick of my bullshit real fast.

They were grateful for the the ass and haunches trimming and knew armpits really needed attention. The rest was just for looks..

by Anonymousreply 18July 6, 2024 4:27 PM

R8, I love “serenity toque”! Did you coin that phrase?

by Anonymousreply 19July 6, 2024 4:44 PM

Also, the OP cat is an intact male. Do cats get anal gland problems?

by Anonymousreply 20July 6, 2024 4:50 PM

r12 your Ragdoll must be outcrossed with another breed or DSH because it takes months if not years for purebred Raggies to mat.

by Anonymousreply 21July 6, 2024 4:52 PM

I think part of the matting problem may be diet and age. Crappy diets and an older cat make for matted coats.

I have a long haired Turkish Van. He rarely lets me brush him, but his coat doesn’t mat. He’s only 5 years old and I feed him what the vet recommended to me.

The last time I took him to the vet, he couldn’t get over how beautiful Maximus’s coat is and that I rarely brush him.

The cats eat better than I do, so naturally they are prettier.

by Anonymousreply 22July 6, 2024 5:52 PM

Forgot link for Turkish Van

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 6, 2024 5:53 PM

R21 I bought him as a purebred ragdoll but also have never had a ragdoll before. When he was about 6 mo old I thought he had alopecia but it was a patch where his kitten hair started to be replaced with a dark elephant grey colour of hair. The rest of him was still light grey and white. Anyhow, the patch presented suddenly with tight dreadlocks mats and took forever to get out. Then his hair was fine for a couple.years. now he is 3.5 yrs old and this shedding cycle in Feb-Mar his mats were terrible and so close to his skin I couldn't remove them myself be ause I was afraid I would nick his delicate skin. and I was grooming regularly. I was panicked but found an excellent groomer, thank goodness.

by Anonymousreply 24July 6, 2024 10:34 PM

R11 yes I coined serenity toque.

by Anonymousreply 25July 6, 2024 10:34 PM

I don’t think that’s a rescue cat!

by Anonymousreply 26July 6, 2024 10:38 PM

I have a very old long haired Siamese who stopped grooming parts of his body a few years ago. I suspect arthritis and/or general disinterest as the cause.

He doesn’t care for brushing but semi-tolerates it. I find it easier to pick out incipient mats with my fingers or with the aid of a seam ripper.

I still buzz him down at the start of every summer. It’s kind of an ordeal for everyone involved, but he seems happier with the buzz cut in the heat.

I want that bubble helmet!

I love my old cat.

by Anonymousreply 27July 6, 2024 11:27 PM

In general neutered male cats seem much more easygoing and trusting, even friendlier, but perhaps not as fastidious with their own grooming habits.

by Anonymousreply 28July 7, 2024 12:25 AM

R27, I just think they should also make human sized bubble helmets so that when it’s time for buzzcuts, everyone is suited up.

by Anonymousreply 29July 7, 2024 12:48 AM

[quote] I don’t think that’s a rescue cat!

That’s one of them high falutin Whiskas cats.

by Anonymousreply 30July 7, 2024 2:14 AM

Do cats gets shorn regularly?

by Anonymousreply 31July 7, 2024 2:16 AM

It depends. My ragdoll will go 4/yr. I like the lion cut. My old Himalayan used to get a mowhawk 3-4/yr. So adorable.

by Anonymousreply 32July 7, 2024 2:43 AM

Larry of No. 10 Downing must now share with another cat.

There is photographic evidence that Larry can throw a fucker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 7, 2024 2:55 AM

Brilliant, first start the feline party then we run a cat for president. Problem solved

by Anonymousreply 34July 7, 2024 4:48 AM

Whattaprettycatt suchagoodboy. Deserves tuna in oil.

by Anonymousreply 35July 7, 2024 7:37 AM

Kitty got a foreskin wrapped around his head.

by Anonymousreply 36July 7, 2024 10:50 AM

He looks so damn relaxed and snug in that foreskin, he takes a nap at one point. Notice how easily she glides across his back, compared to his neck and chest where it's all matted. Love how he jumps when she inspects his hole – he has stated his boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 37July 7, 2024 11:01 AM

Do cats not hate the grooming? I thought they’d scratch your eyes out. My doggie absolutely loooooves being groomed but I don’t strip her and I am very careful when I clip nails.

by Anonymousreply 38July 7, 2024 12:36 PM

Neutered boy cats tend to be pretty docile. Also, as someone has already mentioned, it's a stranger doing the grooming at an unknown location, so they're in a bit of a shock. The head wrapping and later the Snoopy cap both help a lot because cats love being swaddled like that.

by Anonymousreply 39July 7, 2024 1:35 PM

I can't stop watching these. Here's Sheldon, who had to come in for an emergency grooming after he returned home all matted from a week of whoring around. She puts him in a "rage cage" after the bath pisses him off too much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 7, 2024 3:26 PM

She may be an expert groomer, but her narration is not so great. “I’m going to explain to you what this is like: I have no words for this.”

by Anonymousreply 41July 7, 2024 3:36 PM

In fairness, it's a doormat, but it's also cat hair at the same time. I'd be at a loss for words as well.

by Anonymousreply 42July 7, 2024 3:44 PM

The video is very long but this groomer is excellent. She’s super observant and patient.

by Anonymousreply 43July 7, 2024 3:59 PM

It’s fine to be at a loss for words, but don’t promise an explanation first.

by Anonymousreply 44July 7, 2024 4:00 PM

Once they figure out you are being gentle.with them and trying to help them some of them relax and have a little snooze. Like getting a massage or spa treatment as a human.

by Anonymousreply 45July 7, 2024 4:00 PM

They should not have developed a breed that cannot groom itself. It’s cruel.

by Anonymousreply 46July 7, 2024 4:01 PM

I'm keeping the bucket on my head for the next six weeks.

I can't be seen out in public looking like this.

Dear God.

by Anonymousreply 47July 7, 2024 4:08 PM

She had to put those yellow dishwashing gloves on with Mayo after he drew blood. Says she saved his life a year before by paying for his medical bills out of the YouTube ad revenue she earns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 7, 2024 4:16 PM

I find her videos oddly relaxing and have watched several of them.

What a strange thing to enjoy watching. I had no idea I was so odd.

by Anonymousreply 49July 7, 2024 5:15 PM

It’s not odd. There are lots of “skillfully cleaning up a mess” videos of all kinds for a reason. It’s satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 50July 7, 2024 5:21 PM

Yeah, I used to watch rug cleaning videos from this one Polish guy, and culvert/drain unclogging videos by another guy from Maine. Really satisfying and relaxing stuff.

by Anonymousreply 51July 7, 2024 5:50 PM

Plus the cats are very cute. Unlke a culvert clog.

by Anonymousreply 52July 7, 2024 6:12 PM

He put up night vision cameras a couple of times, so we got to see those New England beavers working their magic under the cover of darkness. Since then, I find culvert clogs kinda cute as well because I imagine the beavers carefully placing those twigs in with their adorable little paws, then fuming and cursing that Maine guy when they have to repeat the process all over again.

by Anonymousreply 53July 7, 2024 6:17 PM

Beavers are cute! 🦫

by Anonymousreply 54July 7, 2024 6:51 PM

Until they dam up your hallway, r54

by Anonymousreply 55July 7, 2024 8:00 PM

Zoe is not happy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 8, 2024 11:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!