Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stephen King’s Storm of the Century (2002)

Chile, I just had an edible this morning and for some reason, this landed in my Hulu queue. I’m not even kidding, this might be the best goddamn thing I’ve ever seen on television!

I’m actually serious, it is so good.

by Anonymousreply 9July 5, 2024 5:26 PM

That's definitely the THC talking.

by Anonymousreply 1July 5, 2024 4:17 PM

It's terrific -- one of the best King movies in any format. Colm Feore's amazing performance as André Linoge anchors the whole thing, but the cast is stuffed with wonderful actors: Tim Daly (never better) as the lead, plus Becky Ann Baker (for once not playing a cunt), Myra Carter, Kathleen Chalfant, Jeffrey de Munn, Julianne Nicholson . . .

The plot is a clever interweaving of Shirley Jackson's THE LOTTERY and Friedrich Dürrenmatt's THE VISIT OF THE OLD LADY.

by Anonymousreply 2July 5, 2024 4:19 PM

I agree - a great film. Lots of atmosphere. Terrific cast. One of the best King adaptations.

by Anonymousreply 3July 5, 2024 4:25 PM

I’m watching Dune 2. I’m not high but this movie would be EPIC if I was.

by Anonymousreply 4July 5, 2024 4:39 PM

Dune 2 is dreadful, even when high

by Anonymousreply 5July 5, 2024 4:47 PM

OP I may check it out. Also is chile a new slang or were you attempting to use the black female vernacular Chil’. You spelled the name of a country.

by Anonymousreply 6July 5, 2024 4:49 PM

I’m black, I know how it’s spelled, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7July 5, 2024 5:23 PM

[quote]R6: Also is chile a new slang or were you attempting to use the black female vernacular Chil’. You spelled the name of a country.

Op's usage is correct. There has to be an 'e' on the end of the word in order to convey the proper 'long I' pronunciation.

𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞²

[ chahyl ] Phonetic (Standard)

𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧

a phonetic spelling of child, representing dialectal speech of the Southern United States or African American Vernacular English: 𝑂ℎ, 𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑚𝑒!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 5, 2024 5:25 PM

I’m on episode three and the town has just taken flight. So this might be going off the rails here. Too early to tell, but I’ll report back, chile.

by Anonymousreply 9July 5, 2024 5:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!