Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden says he's ‘first black woman to serve with a black president’ in latest gaffe

Oy vey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 7, 2024 6:50 PM

Mein Fuhrerneesha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 5, 2024 2:34 PM

Oh, look, another Biden doomscrolling thread 🙄.

by Anonymousreply 2July 5, 2024 2:35 PM

It's so depressing. Trump can fart out and fuck up just about any wack-ass statement or incoherent MAGA word salad, and there are zero headlines questioning his fitness to serve.

Biden cannot come back from this dynamic because the dynamic itself is a trap. You can't win this game because the point of the game is to amplify the moments you (and only you) fail, and only those moments. The sooner he gets it and accepts it and withdraws, the better. The polls won't be improving. Dem leader support won't be improving.

Sadly, next up it will be Kamala Harris's turn in a similar kind of barrel.

by Anonymousreply 3July 5, 2024 3:26 PM

I mean...I STILL think Biden can do the job. Unfortunately, articles like this are not helping win over anybody on the fence. We really should either push Kamala or find somebody else (Gavin or Ossoff or Clinton). At this point, I'm not liking Biden's chances against Fuhrer Trump.

by Anonymousreply 4July 5, 2024 3:32 PM

Oh look, another asshole to FF, block and delete

Bye, Cunt

by Anonymousreply 5July 5, 2024 4:09 PM

It's really fascinating to watch people here denying reality. And shaming people who just report what happened. Classic children of alcoholics behavior. "Dad's drunk, he hit Mom." "Shut up, you little asshole."

by Anonymousreply 6July 5, 2024 10:06 PM

R6 SHUT UP TRUMPTARD.

HOPE YOU ENJOY FASCISM.

HOPE YOU ENJOY GETTING YOUR RIGHTS OBLITERATED.

by Anonymousreply 7July 5, 2024 10:11 PM

I think he meant to say we have the first black female VP, the first black President (Obama), and Supreme Court, etc., etc. He was just making a list of how we have come far as a country, and we have.

He was NOT believing himself to be a black president, come on.

by Anonymousreply 8July 5, 2024 10:27 PM

So glad I'm old. This mess is only getting messier. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 9July 5, 2024 11:26 PM

“I’m every woman!”

by Anonymousreply 10July 5, 2024 11:31 PM

R6, Datalounge is behaving the same way it did in 2016 when people said that Hillary wouldn’t win. This is a really big issue with the Democratic Party now. It’s going to cost the country bigly.

by Anonymousreply 11July 5, 2024 11:34 PM

R8 That does not matter. Every flub Biden makes will be used against him, and Trump will hammer it into the ground.

He really should bow out.

by Anonymousreply 12July 6, 2024 10:34 AM

[quote] He was NOT believing himself to be a black president, come on.

R8 Exactly. That he doesn't reliably know what year it is, okay, but to read this out of those lines is a little much. He wants to say he had the first black vice president etc. There is plenty to criticize but not that.

by Anonymousreply 13July 6, 2024 10:47 AM

They’re already running Biden is demented ads on a loop.

by Anonymousreply 14July 6, 2024 12:21 PM

R6- It’s like these people saying- How dare you say this Senile person is Senile!

by Anonymousreply 15July 6, 2024 12:50 PM

Why, they're simply lace-curtain Irish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 6, 2024 12:58 PM

R7 Hope you enjoy being led into WWIII by whomever is running the country while Joe naps. Some of you crazies can't figure out that you don't have to be a Trumper to just see what's in front of you for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 17July 6, 2024 4:37 PM

R13 Then why couldn't he say it? You could say it. I could say it.

by Anonymousreply 18July 6, 2024 4:38 PM

Even on DL we hold Biden and Trump to different standards. Trump's bar is so low, even falling asleep, shitting his diaper and making up gibberish words are seen as typical. Biden mispeaks or has a senior moment and we are all shitting ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 19July 6, 2024 4:53 PM

[quote] Even on DL we hold Biden and Trump to different standards. Trump's bar is so low, even falling asleep, shitting his diaper and making up gibberish words are seen as typical.

Every time Trump falls asleep, shits his diaper, or makes up gibberish words, there are multiple new threads about it on DL. Your attempt at gaslighting is absurd.

by Anonymousreply 20July 6, 2024 4:59 PM

I thought he was Jamaican, really, at the most.

by Anonymousreply 21July 7, 2024 3:00 AM

How difficult is it to comprehend the Dems? Repugs are satisfied with their presumed nominee; Dems are not.

by Anonymousreply 22July 7, 2024 3:12 AM

R19 Only because of the perception of it. I can't speak for others in this thread, but I feel Biden can still do the job, AND he'll get my vote.

BUT this snowball is justa rolling down the hill and getting bigger and bigger.

by Anonymousreply 23July 7, 2024 10:10 AM

[quote] I can't speak for others in this thread, but I feel Biden can still do the job, AND he'll get my vote.

R23 With all due respect, this can only be denial. If you saw a lawyer speaking like Biden did in that debate (or numerous other times), would you want him to defend you in court? If you were a parent would you want him running your child's school? Or as the chief of police or the fire dept. where you live? I wouldn't. Yet you still think he can do the incredibly demanding and complex job of President of the US, someone who wields incredible power? It makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 24July 7, 2024 11:57 AM

R22 But it comes down to the high unlikelihood of a replacement for Biden with less than 4 months to Election Day being able to beat Trump. If it were January I would say yes. But July? No.

by Anonymousreply 25July 7, 2024 12:20 PM

[quote] I feel Biden can still do the job

R23 Which job would that be - running a country, making decisions that will determine the future of America and the world? There is not a single paid job in the world that Biden would be physically and mentally capable of doing. Let's take simple jobs, and assume you can sit during the job so that physical prowess isn't an issue, like ... Selling people something on the phone, maybe? Sorting papers? He wouldn't make a full eight hours. Caring for your dog while you're away? He would forget you ever had a dog on day two because he thought it was 2020. Please, name ANY paid job, no matter how small, that anyone would look at Biden for and say "Yeah, he's our man!" The DEMs put America into an awful situation: Voters can decide between a massive idiot with zero morals and a vegetable and his enablers. Shameful.

by Anonymousreply 26July 7, 2024 12:40 PM

President Trump Says He And Kim Jong-Un 'Fell In Love' I prefer Presidents who don't fall in love with dictators.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 7, 2024 1:07 PM

R24 No denial. I'm being realistic, and I don't do hypotheticals. The man is slow because of his age. That doesn't take away from his experience.

R26 Yes to ALL of that. He can STILL do the job despite showing every bit of his 80+ years. I mean...please with ALL of this panic. He ALSO has a cabinet including a Vice President. He wouldn't be making decisions on his own or on a whim.

They could bring Biden out in a wheelbarrow, and he would still get my vote over of FUCKING Donald Trump or any other Republican.

Unfortunately, that's the situation we're in. I HOPE they change their minds and put up Kamala as a replacement because I don't feel confident about Biden's chances.

by Anonymousreply 28July 7, 2024 6:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!