Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Christmas song in a dream

I had this odd dream that I was watching an old episode of “Friends,” and I guess it was some Christmas episode, and at the end of the episode, this upbeat song started playing, sort of in the vein of “Put a Little Love in Your Heart” by Annie Lennox and Al Green, but when it got to the chorus, it went to this very intense::

Merry merry merry merry merry merry merry merry merry merry merry merry merry merry Christmas

Merry merry merry merry merry merry merry merry merry merry merry merry merry merry Christmas

It was so bittersweet and celebratory sounding, like someone had been struggling with hard, emotional times, but was finally getting the miracle they deserved. I cried in my sleep from listening to it, even though it was just a dream. I wish I could type the melody.

Is this a song I composed in my dream, or is there a song like that that already exists?

(It wasn’t “Carol of the Bells”)

by Anonymousreply 2July 5, 2024 5:44 PM

Was it ‘Merry Christmas’(War is Over) by John Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band?

by Anonymousreply 1July 5, 2024 10:47 AM

No, R1

by Anonymousreply 2July 5, 2024 5:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!