Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What’s the Fire Island like?

I hear it’s a nice little retreat for the Gays. But I’ve also heard some stories, will I be hanged for being a melanated individual? Also, what are the odds I may get into a scuffle with a “catty”gay?

In all seriousness, what’s it like this time of year? :)

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2024 3:29 AM

Is there a 'black' Fire Island? I know it's depressing, but with Project 2025 in our future it might be advantageous for someone to resurrect the old Green Book system.

by Anonymousreply 1July 4, 2024 6:03 PM

Never been, but the movie “Fire Island” is my favorite gay movie next to “Love, Simon”. I’m a sucker for a happy ending.

by Anonymousreply 2July 4, 2024 6:44 PM

Pretty much like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 4, 2024 7:01 PM

pretty voice

by Anonymousreply 4July 4, 2024 7:39 PM

Never seen it before R2. Gonna have to check it out then!

by Anonymousreply 5July 4, 2024 7:41 PM

Don't eat at the canteen unless you want to spend almost thirty five dollars for chicken tenders, fries and a drink.

by Anonymousreply 6August 12, 2024 9:25 PM

The Pines and Grove are fabulous.

I've experienced it as a hawt young thang and as an eldergay. It's peaceful and beautiful and remote and gay gay gay.

I fell in love there, I danced past dawn there, I broke my heart there, and I came back with gray hair and wrinkles and I loved it all over again.

by Anonymousreply 7August 12, 2024 9:34 PM

On Fire Island, all seemed to breathe peace and freedom, and to make one forget the world and its sad turmoils.

Plus: there are lots of sexy Hispanic muscleboys for rent wearing Speedos.

by Anonymousreply 8August 12, 2024 9:50 PM

Louis Edmonds (actor on Dark Shadows) "on the gay beach at Fire Island in the 1970s".

It was a very gay show - Louis, Jonathan Frid (Barnabas), Joel Crothers (Joe), Humbert Allen Astredo (Reverend Trask, the warlock, etc.), Christopher Bernau (Philip), Anthony George (Burke), and others.

Facebook link with photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 12, 2024 11:07 PM

Completely booked. Try New Hope?

by Anonymousreply 10August 12, 2024 11:09 PM

R6 every establishment charges outrageously now for everything

by Anonymousreply 11August 12, 2024 11:18 PM

Lots of cunty gays.

by Anonymousreply 12August 12, 2024 11:52 PM

Fire Island is full of the gays you went out of your way to avoid in the city.

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2024 1:40 AM

What r13 said.

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2024 1:41 AM

R3 -- Aww, how's l'il Seth Sikes doing these days?

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2024 1:42 AM

Imagine Sex and the City in real time, but all four girls are Carrie Bradshaw.

by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2024 1:43 AM

Go check it out, make up your own mind and report back here.

by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2024 2:06 AM

It’s a beach with a bunch of men of all races & backgrounds having fun & trying to get laid, OP.

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2024 2:23 AM

Cherry Grove is more my happy place — the Pines seems more cliquey and cis-male and white

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2024 2:32 AM

Cherry Grove has a lot of straight people now.

by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2024 3:04 AM

It's a chill Hell's Kitchen with a beach.

Is there a black Fire Island? Sure, Asbury Park NJ. (a considerably more mixed crowd)

My (POC) ex hated it with the heat of a thousand suns. YMMV.

by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2024 3:18 AM

For the most part gays who go out to Fire Island are the upbeat, social "joiners". If you are not that kind of gay, it might not be your thing. Still, it's incredibly pretty and peaceful, and the beach is gorgeous, so if you just want to bring a book and some vodka and relax you might still love it.

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2024 3:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!