Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

R.I.P. Ellen's career.

Cancels four dates

[quote]Ellen DeGeneres has canceled several show dates less than one month after kicking off her Ellen’s Last Stand…Up tour in June. Ticketmaster issued an “event canceled” message to ticket holders for DeGeneres’ Dallas, San Francisco, Seattle, and Chicago shows, which were scheduled for dates between July and August.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147July 10, 2024 6:55 AM

She earned it!

by Anonymousreply 1July 4, 2024 2:01 PM

Very few wanna see this cunt live. I’m sure she’s feeling how JLo feels right now.

by Anonymousreply 2July 4, 2024 2:02 PM

never got into her, daytime TV is essential a no-go zone for me so I've rarely encountered her before. but gosh, she sure burnt out quickly

by Anonymousreply 3July 4, 2024 2:04 PM

Portia’s gonna have a black eye.

by Anonymousreply 4July 4, 2024 2:04 PM

She looks like an evil elf.

by Anonymousreply 5July 4, 2024 2:05 PM

What’s odd is I was actually looking at maybe going to the Chicago show and it had actually sold quite well…so it wasn’t a “low ticket sale” issue.

Whatever one thinks of her, she still had her fans.

I wonder what the real reason is

by Anonymousreply 6July 4, 2024 2:06 PM

She’s really not in a place where she can afford to alienate the few fans she has left. Yet, here she is, canceling shows. What a slap to the people who bought tickets. She doesn’t care about her fans or their experience of her. This only reinforces what a selfish, self-absorbed twat she is.

by Anonymousreply 7July 4, 2024 2:15 PM

R4 🏆 🤣

by Anonymousreply 8July 4, 2024 2:16 PM

Portia's having the implants reinserted and checking the yachting schedules.

by Anonymousreply 9July 4, 2024 2:33 PM

#prayforportia

by Anonymousreply 10July 4, 2024 2:50 PM

Couldn't happen to a nicer person.

by Anonymousreply 11July 4, 2024 2:51 PM

Portia! Being me the axe!

by Anonymousreply 12July 4, 2024 2:53 PM

Time to arrange the Deborah Vance tour sites.

by Anonymousreply 13July 4, 2024 3:20 PM

And have the lesbians boo her and throw Birkenstocks at her.

by Anonymousreply 14July 4, 2024 4:14 PM

Dakota Johnson strikes again!

by Anonymousreply 15July 4, 2024 4:25 PM

Portia get to the safe room NOW!!

by Anonymousreply 16July 4, 2024 4:39 PM

She’s said that once this tour is over and she’s taped her final special, she’s done and we won’t be seeing her again.

by Anonymousreply 17July 4, 2024 4:53 PM

Why do entertainers think they need to keep working until they drop dead. Normal people Ellen's age retire and enjoy the rest of their lives in quiet obscurity. Ellen needs to take her 100s of millions and go and do whatever rich old lesbians do

What do rich old lesbians do, anyway? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 18July 4, 2024 5:03 PM

[quote] but gosh, she sure burnt out quickly

She’s been around forever.

by Anonymousreply 19July 4, 2024 5:19 PM

In my years working in restaurants/hotels in LA and NYC, I have encountered too many celebs to count. Honestly, most were wonderful and best and totally fine at worst.

But some were cunts.

Ellen ranks as the very cuntiest woman of the all the cuntiest women. Tied with a man (Tim Robbins) for overall worst. I have heard nothing but the same from other people who had to deal with her in other areas of life.

She is truly loathsome and I hope all her shows are cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 20July 4, 2024 5:26 PM

She has a huge fortune. She can retire if she wanted to. She’s not hurting by any means.

No sympathy for this bitch after she tried to make gays the enemy after the Kevin Hart fallout. She should call Roseanne and work the MAGA circuit together if she’s that hard up for attention.

by Anonymousreply 21July 4, 2024 5:29 PM

[quote] she tried to make gays the enemy after the Kevin Hart fallout

Whah?

by Anonymousreply 22July 4, 2024 5:36 PM

R18 and R21, see R17. She’s retiring.

by Anonymousreply 23July 4, 2024 5:39 PM

She’s my cunt!

by Anonymousreply 24July 4, 2024 5:40 PM

@r23, That's what they all say until someone flashes enough cash at them to do the reunion tour of their farewell tour post final tour 🤨

by Anonymousreply 25July 4, 2024 5:43 PM

I remember seeing Cher twice two years apart still doing the same farewell tour

by Anonymousreply 26July 4, 2024 5:45 PM

All the abuse and suffering she experienced as a child really added to her demons.

There's absolutely no reason to treat people poorly -- ever. When you've hit the Hollywood jackpot, and you treat people like bugs, it's going to bite you in the butt in today's world sooner or later.

Any abused intern can call up Variety or TMZ or the Hollywood Reporter and read their boss for filth.

Ellen had the audacity to treat people poorly and then even more audacity to be offended that she was called out on it.

by Anonymousreply 27July 4, 2024 5:50 PM

I think Ellen means it re-retirement. She’s sounding incredibly bitter that she’s been made to see like a villain.

Not her asshole who claims their quest to uphold high standards excuses being a miserable jerk to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 28July 4, 2024 5:53 PM

^ Ellen is an alcoholic who are always looking for any lame excuse for their failures

by Anonymousreply 29July 4, 2024 5:55 PM

She had celebrities make fools of hourly workers on her show on the regular.

She humiliated audience members with glee in those games.

She made a schtick out of terrifying people with jump scares.

by Anonymousreply 30July 4, 2024 5:56 PM

[quote] Ellen ranks as the very cuntiest woman of the all the cuntiest women. Tied with a man (Tim Robbins) for overall worst.

R20, I'm a former restaurant / hotel worker, as well.

What happened with Ellen and Tim Robbins?

by Anonymousreply 31July 4, 2024 5:59 PM

Honestly, I don’t get why Ellen being a cunt is career ending. Plenty of celebs are cunts. Hell, Rosie was the “Queen of nice” before we learned she’s a cunt. But she kept working and people just shrugged. That Ellen feels the need to retire speaks more to how thin skinned she is than anyone truly giving a shit that she’s mean.

by Anonymousreply 32July 4, 2024 6:05 PM

Ellen and Portia are into high-end house-flipping. I'm sure they can continue to do that.

by Anonymousreply 33July 4, 2024 6:07 PM

She's not sick.

She's drunk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 4, 2024 6:11 PM

It's sad that Ellen, who always espoused 'be kind' and other niceties, was the furthest from living those ideals.

But all comedians have a dark side they say - some more than others. I guess it's not that surprising.

by Anonymousreply 35July 4, 2024 6:12 PM

@r32, I was always under the impression that Rosie was only a cunt to people who deserved it

by Anonymousreply 36July 4, 2024 6:13 PM

It’s feeling like she’s so angry as (rightly) being portrayed as an asshole that she’s punishing us all by going away.

Okaayyyy…

by Anonymousreply 37July 4, 2024 6:13 PM

Rosie must be laughing her ass off. Rosie's career is taking off again and Ellen's is DOA.

by Anonymousreply 38July 4, 2024 6:16 PM

“Don’t pay attention to them, they’re a small group of people. WE’RE a huge group of people …”

by Anonymousreply 39July 4, 2024 6:22 PM

That's because Rosie's a more stable person, who doesn't have rage issues.

by Anonymousreply 40July 4, 2024 6:22 PM

Ellen is probably a mean, miserable bitch but the energy directed towards her is so disproportionate.

by Anonymousreply 41July 4, 2024 6:26 PM

[quote] Tied with a man (Tim Robbins) for overall worst.

No wonder he was basically marrried to Sarandon for like 20 years. One cunt deserves another.

by Anonymousreply 42July 4, 2024 6:27 PM

[quote] That's because Rosie's a more stable person, who doesn't have rage issues.

REALLY????

[bold]“Since I was 12, Rosie has been verbally abusive and that was something I didn’t like, making me feel that there was something wrong with me,” Chelsea alleged. “When I was 13, 14 and I was at boarding school in Utah, I had gotten into trouble and I was in a locked room. She had come to see me and they let her in. We started arguing because I didn’t want her there. She got really close to me. I tried to push her away from me and she hit me. We started fighting more until she was asked to leave. A few years later, she apologized and said she regretted doing that.”[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 4, 2024 6:27 PM

Rosie absolutely has rage issues, I don't know wtf that poster is smoking.

by Anonymousreply 44July 4, 2024 6:29 PM

R43 That’s a good story, where did you read it?

by Anonymousreply 45July 4, 2024 6:31 PM

^ Um... Hey, I love Rosie, but the lady can RAGE!

by Anonymousreply 46July 4, 2024 6:35 PM

[quote] That's because Rosie's a more stable person, who doesn't have rage issues.

Not at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 4, 2024 6:36 PM

@r37, "she’s punishing us all by going away"

Don't let the screen door hit you...

by Anonymousreply 48July 4, 2024 6:37 PM

Murdoch NY Post links give clickdollars and SEO to people who hate gays.

by Anonymousreply 49July 4, 2024 6:40 PM

I saw Ellen's show a few weeks ago and it was consistent laughs, but when it was over I thought it wasn't GREAT material for a Netflix special. She didn't bomb at all. It was very good for a comedian and I laughed more than I do at most Netflix standup specials, but it wasn't an amazing final set. She was not drunk or mean. She said she was doing this last tour because she loves standup and missed doing it.

by Anonymousreply 50July 4, 2024 7:05 PM

Rosie has rage issues but she is kind to underlings.

Ellen’s fatal mistake was being unkind to her staff and only being pleasant to other famous people.

by Anonymousreply 51July 4, 2024 7:10 PM

What’s the Kevin Hart story?

Inquiring minds want to know

by Anonymousreply 52July 4, 2024 7:11 PM

Ellen loves you as much as she needs you.

by Anonymousreply 53July 4, 2024 7:12 PM

R31, I will tell you an Ellen story that happened to my best friend's childhood friend. I think this perfectly demonstrates who Ellen is.

"Tom" was in his early 20s, trying to be an actor, and struggling. Really struggling. He couldn't find a job. He couldn't find a place to live. He was couch surfing. He was super depressed over how hard LA had been for him. Just couldn't quite land on his feet. Despite his best efforts.

Tom loved animals and he finally landed a good enough job working at a high end pet groomers. He also found a great place to live. And even got an agent! Things had finally turned around for him. After two or three years of hard times.

Then Ellen walked into the pet groomers. Now, Tom is hysterically funny. He's super self deprecating. Very quick witted. Massively insecure, but he uses it as fodder for his big gay humor. So there's that. And, again, he truly loves animals. Lives for them.

He and Ellen instantly clicked over both his humor and his love for animals. Can't remember how, but somehow they exchanged numbers. And a strange little friendship started to form. After a few weeks of this, Ellen asked him if he wanted to be her assistant. She said she really liked him and thought they'd be a perfect fit.

Tom was a bit torn. He'd heard stories that Ellen (from me!) could be tough. But she'd been nothing short of great to him so far. He really loved his job, but working for Ellen seemed too good an opportunity to pass up.

He told Ellen about how hard the past few years had been and that he'd finally landed on his feet. He just wanted to make sure she really thought it'd work out for the long run. She eased any fears he might have. Said it would be great.

Assured by this, he put in his two weeks and started working for Ellen. He was SO excited!

She fired him three weeks later. Why? She claimed Portia didn't like him. Even though he and Portia had exactly one interaction and it was nothing short of great.

And that was that. No severance. No letter of rec. I think she even blocked his number. She never spoke to him again, that's for sure.

It was so cold, so cruel, so mean. He swears she planned it all along because he was dumb enough to tell her how he wanted to make sure he would have job security.

No one liked Ellen more than him before all this happened and no one hates her more after.

Oh, he wasn't able to get his pet grooming job back and was so distraught over the ordeal, he left LA and moved back to South Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 54July 4, 2024 7:13 PM

When an adult bullies a child, said adult is a sociopath. That’s Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 55July 4, 2024 7:26 PM

^ With Ellen cruelty is the point

by Anonymousreply 56July 4, 2024 7:49 PM

[quote] Why do entertainers think they need to keep working until they drop dead. Normal people Ellen's age retire and enjoy the rest of their lives in quiet obscurity

People with Narcissistic Personality Disorder need attention until their last breath. It’s like food or water with them. She would suffocate without it.

by Anonymousreply 57July 4, 2024 8:01 PM

[quote]Why do entertainers think they need to keep working until they drop dead.

Entertainers and politicians, All with inflated egos.

by Anonymousreply 58July 4, 2024 8:06 PM

That's not Justin Bieber in OP's pic?!

by Anonymousreply 59July 4, 2024 8:25 PM

Maybe she canceled because of severe vaginal fungus.

by Anonymousreply 60July 4, 2024 8:32 PM

Obviously, this is just speculation on my part. But I think Ellen was irrevocably changed by the A-list fame and staggering wealth she acquired after her comeback from late-1990s sitcom humiliation.

Her 80s and 90s comedy was so hilarious, and she really had a great self-deprecating charm/quality during that time. She was hysterically funny, very likable -- and into the late 90s with her coming out, an apparently good celebrity role model for our community during that critical time of our fight for equality.

Then in the 2000s with her talk show, the increasing fame and wealth seems to have infected her. I've worked with plenty of high-profile business executives who -- while not celebrities like Ellen -- had carefully crafted public images that were varyingly at odds with some or many aspects of their private personas. This is definitely a "thing."

When all the "Ellen is mean" stories started dripping out a few years ago, they struck me as credible based on my observations of some high up in the business world. Plus, there were just too many of them to discredit the claims entirely. It's tragic, but I think Ellen's stratospheric rise eventually made her see her shadow. She'd be wise to be thankful for her great fortune: the decades-long successful Hollywood career, the massive wealth she acquired, the long-term love with Portia, the lucrative real estate side gig...and retire gracefully from public life.

by Anonymousreply 61July 4, 2024 8:59 PM

[quote] She was not drunk or mean.

Of course she wasn't those things on stage, R50.

by Anonymousreply 62July 4, 2024 9:10 PM

She realized the cancelled cities are part of a geo-sigil against her dark aims.

Look for Corpus Christi; Portland, Maine; Bakersfield; Greensboro, South Carolina; and Boise to be added to set a pentagram.

by Anonymousreply 63July 4, 2024 9:12 PM

Although she is the center of attention in her career, she said she is naturally shy. Having so many people say they love you and want your attention must be hard on some people so we should cut her some slack. She also said she never wanted to be a boss, just an entertainer, but her shows forced her to take on executive roles and she didn't like that.

by Anonymousreply 64July 4, 2024 9:24 PM

Oh, Mary R64! Yes, she was "forced" into being an executive producer! They put a gun to her head!

You are the dumbest apologist for this cunt who has yet to show up here.

You know her so well you can discuss her nature?

by Anonymousreply 65July 4, 2024 9:31 PM

People who love playing practical jokes on people are assholes who live off humiliating others.

I remember seeing her interviewed by Barbara Walters. It was probably when her sitcom was on TV. I liked her at that time but I didn’t after the interview. She was completely humorless and acted as if she had been forced to do the interview. I actually felt bad for Barbara, who worked like hell to get more than one word answers out of Ellen.

Post interview, I thought that Ellen was filled with rage. It didn’t surprise me at all when the stories started flowing about her nasty behavior.

by Anonymousreply 66July 4, 2024 9:32 PM

She had that game show for a while where she got people to degrade themselves crawling around on the floor wearing masks and they'd cut to her just laughing with delight.

She loves to see others humiliated.

by Anonymousreply 67July 4, 2024 9:34 PM

I get a similar vibe of disingenuousness from David Sedaris, only she's more toxic.

by Anonymousreply 68July 4, 2024 9:36 PM

R20, I bet, with some hard work and maybe some help, you absolutely COULD count them.

by Anonymousreply 69July 4, 2024 10:04 PM

r65 complaining Ellen is a horrible person yet you act like a horrible person.

I've never met her, I'm just saying that I've heard her say she is naturally shy and likes being creative but not the business side of show business. Up your medication, troll.

by Anonymousreply 70July 4, 2024 10:23 PM

[quote] I've heard her say she is naturally shy

Well, R70, if she says it, it must be true.

by Anonymousreply 71July 4, 2024 10:26 PM

R30 nailed it. Projected her demons on regular people by making it funny to lock them in a glass booth and watch them grab for money as violent windstorms abound .

Only a true cunt would do that . Untreated alcoholism and mental illness plus millions of dollars never end s well

by Anonymousreply 72July 4, 2024 10:48 PM

Never watched her daytime show, except a clip of Tom Cruise jumping up and down on the sofa.

But her sitcom was not very funny. I never thought she was either clever or funny. Presumably she got enough footage for the Netflix show in the live shows so far.

by Anonymousreply 73July 4, 2024 10:58 PM

R61 my interactions (as well as my friend's assistant experience) with Ellen were a year or so before her talk show started.

She was horrible then. I imagine she only become even worse after her talk show hit.

by Anonymousreply 74July 4, 2024 10:59 PM

Actually, now that I'm trying to remember the exact timeline, I think my friend's assistant story was right when the show started. Maybe in in it's first year or two. Late 2004 I think.

But my interactions with her were definitely 2002.

by Anonymousreply 75July 4, 2024 11:02 PM

R73, I think that was Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 76July 5, 2024 2:20 AM

Retire Ellen, live a lush life with your bucks.

by Anonymousreply 77July 5, 2024 2:23 AM

She a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 78July 5, 2024 3:24 AM

Perhaps she and Portia should get out of show business completely and try something new. There’s big money to be made in owning UHaul franchises and Birkenstock outlets!!!

by Anonymousreply 79July 5, 2024 3:38 AM

R32, most bullies have thin skin.

by Anonymousreply 80July 5, 2024 3:49 AM

Some who knew her way back have said she was lovely at first, but as her fame grew and she became surrounded by more and more yes-men, she definitely changed.

I’m sure the anger was always there, but she became less successful at hiding it as the years went on. You can see a hardness in her later talk show episodes that wasn’t as apparent early on.

by Anonymousreply 81July 5, 2024 6:11 AM

My work is done here.

by Anonymousreply 82July 5, 2024 6:17 AM

What will she and Portia do in retirement? Have lots and lots of sex, I’ll bet. —Lesbian Bed Death

by Anonymousreply 83July 5, 2024 7:01 AM

She has millions upon millions, she should just go away quietly and do whatever retired lesbians do and leave us alone.

by Anonymousreply 84July 5, 2024 7:16 AM

What exactly is the demographic of audience that would want to see her?

Even if a show was sold out in a major city it may not be profitable unless all the others hit a certain number by a certain date. Times are tough for a lot of people right now and concerts have dropped as a priority for a lot of people.

I don’t think it’s especially an Ellen reason, but that certain milestones weren’t met, requiring less of a payout, some of the tour costs got too high or couldn’t be assured certain expected standards. The entire tour might be bankrolled by a professional investor and they decided it was too risky financially.

by Anonymousreply 85July 5, 2024 8:22 AM

I also have a friend who was an assistant for Ellen when her show first started. He housesat for her and worked on the show. She used him on air occasionally and let him help out as a writer’s assistant. It was a sweet gig for him, until the WGA strike started in 2007. When all the writers left the show she asked him to stay and write, since he was non union. He did as he was asked and thought it was a good career move, because Ellen had also promised him a position as a writer once the strike was over. As a reward for being a scab. When all was said and done, Ellen never gave him a job above assistant.

I have also witnessed, on multiple occasions, a group of strangers bonding over Ellen horror stories and heard my friend’s name used at the definitive example of what she does i.e. “Sounds like you got Daved.”

by Anonymousreply 86July 5, 2024 8:23 AM

@r85, "What exactly is the demographic of audience that would want to see her? "

Ladies who nutloaf 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 87July 5, 2024 8:43 AM

Ellen= Karen=Julie?

by Anonymousreply 88July 5, 2024 9:27 AM

The other date in San Francisco is still on. Likewise for the venue in Seattle. The other date in Chicago is still on, but sold out. Dallas is the only city that didn't have another date.

by Anonymousreply 89July 5, 2024 10:02 AM

[quote] What exactly is the demographic of audience that would want to see her?

Apparently, Minneapolis - where all three of her August shows are sold out.

by Anonymousreply 90July 5, 2024 10:19 AM

I find her hard to look at.

by Anonymousreply 91July 5, 2024 10:29 AM

R64 = Portia, trying to avoid being beaten with a sack of oranges.

by Anonymousreply 92July 5, 2024 12:09 PM

^ I get the feeling Portia calls the shots in that relationship. Years ago I remember an interview with both Portia and Ellen where Ellen came off nervous and insecure and Portia was this huge stabilizing influence. Ellen would wonder off into some neurotic babel and Portia kept reeling her back in. It was very insightful

by Anonymousreply 93July 5, 2024 12:44 PM

Will Portia change Ellen's diapers or will she put her in a home?

by Anonymousreply 94July 5, 2024 12:46 PM

^ Live-in caretakers, they're very wealthy

by Anonymousreply 95July 5, 2024 12:50 PM

It couldn’t have happened to a better dude

by Anonymousreply 96July 5, 2024 1:55 PM

Is there even a sliver of doubt Portia is in it just for the money?

Elken is ugly, much older and has a rancid Cluster B personality disorder. Her only positive quality is her bank account.

Portia is essentially a lesbian prostitute.

by Anonymousreply 97July 5, 2024 2:03 PM

It was definitely Oprah where Tom Cruise jumped on a sofa proclaiming his heterosexuality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 5, 2024 3:58 PM

@r97, I guess you could say that about anyone who marries someone wealthy. How would you know otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 99July 5, 2024 4:05 PM

[quote] She looks like an evil elf.

They're called dark elves.

Retired wealthy lesbians flip houses.

Regarding her cancelations, her fee and expenses are probably such that she requires a sell out to make a profit.

by Anonymousreply 100July 5, 2024 4:58 PM

Bingo. R99.

I know people who look down on the adult film industry but all they can talk about is Theo James's dick in White Lotus or was that really a prosthetic in sex/life.

All relationships are transactional on some level.

by Anonymousreply 101July 6, 2024 7:13 PM

Look say what you will about her but she really moved the ball forward in a big way.

by Anonymousreply 102July 6, 2024 7:20 PM

Perhaps by circumstance and timing, R102.

But, yes, to an extent, she did.

by Anonymousreply 103July 6, 2024 7:24 PM

[quote] Look say what you will about her but she really moved the ball forward in a big way.

She certainly did. She proved a woman can be as evil and toxic as any corrupt man in show business.

Bravo, Ellen. What a trailblazer.

by Anonymousreply 104July 6, 2024 7:44 PM

In 2022, she was reportedly worth $500 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 6, 2024 9:10 PM

One of the prominent traits of a narcissist is victimhood. Like Bill Cosby I got a dark vibe from her long time ago. In both I sensed serious anger and inability to laugh at themselves- only others.

by Anonymousreply 106July 6, 2024 10:03 PM

R105, I don’t even know who 2,3, and 4 are.

by Anonymousreply 107July 6, 2024 10:06 PM

You might very well be an idiot, r107. The head scratcher is Byron Allen, but we can save that for another time.

by Anonymousreply 108July 6, 2024 10:35 PM

^ Byron Allen started out as a teenager on the funny video show "Real People" he then became a huge Hollywood mogul working mostly behind the scenes

by Anonymousreply 109July 6, 2024 10:40 PM

Nobody feels bad ghosting her since it came out that she’s a giant cunt.

by Anonymousreply 110July 6, 2024 10:42 PM

Byron Allen has always been ubiquitous in front of the camera, but I think his empire is built on the framework of broadcasting networks he’s created.

by Anonymousreply 111July 6, 2024 11:18 PM

[quote] he then became a huge Hollywood mogul

Thanks for "explaining" this to me. I know who he is. Real People to Hollywood mogul is quite a leap and that's the part that I don't get.

by Anonymousreply 112July 6, 2024 11:28 PM

Never ever found her funny, even as a kid. I remember being 8 and seeing her on TV and thinking to myself “Why is her rambling supposed to be funny?”

by Anonymousreply 113July 6, 2024 11:36 PM

She was funny.

by Anonymousreply 114July 6, 2024 11:42 PM

But, is she funnier than Paula Poundstone, Janeane Garofalo, Rita Rudner, or Sarah Silverman?

by Anonymousreply 115July 7, 2024 1:51 AM

Ellen is not in the mood to dance.

by Anonymousreply 116July 7, 2024 2:00 AM

^ No one's funnier than Paula Poundstone 🙄

by Anonymousreply 117July 7, 2024 2:32 AM

R54 If that story is true then she really is a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 118July 7, 2024 3:16 AM

Sarah's never been funny

by Anonymousreply 119July 7, 2024 5:11 AM

[quote]Retire Ellen, live a lush life with your bucks.

She's definitely perfected the lush life.

by Anonymousreply 120July 7, 2024 8:40 AM

With all her money, she should try to make herself look more human.

by Anonymousreply 121July 7, 2024 8:44 AM

I’d love to hear more dirt about her sitcom.

When Joely Fisher, Clea Lewis and David Anthony Higgins appeared on her talk show in 2017 to reminisce about The Puppy Episode, they didn’t really get to share any of their own personal memories from the show. It was all “tell me how fabulous I was to come out!”

And when they wheeled that “Good for You, You’re Still Gay” cake out at the end, Ellen stood up and looked over before the flats even moved. Some “surprise”.

by Anonymousreply 122July 7, 2024 9:18 AM

Ellen CANCELED

by Anonymousreply 123July 7, 2024 9:28 AM

[quote]I get the feeling Portia calls the shots in that relationship. Years ago I remember an interview with both Portia and Ellen where Ellen came off nervous and insecure and Portia was this huge stabilizing influence. Ellen would wonder off into some neurotic babel and Portia kept reeling her back in. It was very insightful

I read that back when she did the first big HBO and got $20 million, Portia tried to convince her to quit the show and just do one special a year ( t that price of course) and not have to work so hard all year.

by Anonymousreply 124July 7, 2024 10:38 AM

She and J-LO should team up and co-headline. With J-Lo's half sold house and Ellen's half, they could fill the venue.

by Anonymousreply 125July 7, 2024 10:39 AM

Whom do we Datalounge homos dislike more

Ellen Degenerate

or

Rosie O’ Lesbo?

by Anonymousreply 126July 7, 2024 11:34 AM

Ellen Degenerate! How clever!

by Anonymousreply 127July 7, 2024 11:54 AM

R126 is Jerry Falwell posting from hell.

by Anonymousreply 128July 7, 2024 12:06 PM

[quote] Whom do we Datalounge homos dislike more Ellen Degenerate or Rosie O’ Lesbo?

Love Rosie. We grew up about 5 miles from each other so I get her. Speaks her mind. She was 100% right about Trump while the entertainment world of Letterman and Kimmel let Trump go on for years attacking her. She adopted hard to place children and fought for Florida to overturn their gay adoption ban. While the friends she made while doing Broadway were dying of AIDS, she quietly paid their medical expenses and funerals.

by Anonymousreply 129July 7, 2024 12:12 PM

We hate Ellen. A lot. She sucks her own dick and then asks for people to tell her how great she is.

I don’t even like her mother, who shamed and shunned Ellen when she came out to her earlier in her life. Did she kick Ellen out? Maybe? I think she did. Until Ellen got famous and very wealthy. Then she acted like some big gay ally. And Ellen dragged her everywhere. Just gross.

by Anonymousreply 130July 7, 2024 1:35 PM

I have no doubt Portia is sexually aroused by Ellen and values her solely for her love, warmth, personality and companionship.

by Anonymousreply 131July 7, 2024 3:39 PM

R129 agree! Rosie is nuts, but she’s authentic. I certainly wouldn’t want to be in a relationship with her, but she has the courage of her convictions, which I admire, even when those convictions are crazy. Also, she can laugh at herself.

Ellen is angry and humorless (about herself) and the DL well knows her history of staff mistreatment.

Oh, and it takes zero talent to flip mansions when you’re a gazxilionaire. Her technique seems to be to dump the contents of the nearest Restoration Hardware into a house and move onto the next beige project.

by Anonymousreply 132July 7, 2024 3:50 PM

the whole live event industry needs to crash and die so that ticket prices can go back to their real value

by Anonymousreply 133July 7, 2024 4:26 PM

R125 Ellen shows were sold out. Low sales were not the reason for cancellation. She is likely going to rehab for alcoholism.

by Anonymousreply 134July 7, 2024 4:31 PM

Is there such a thing as rehab for being a cunt?

Cunt rehab?

by Anonymousreply 135July 7, 2024 4:38 PM

R135 no but there is a place where you can perfect it.

by Anonymousreply 136July 7, 2024 4:40 PM

Said it here years ago, she seems to be a sadist. She took great glee in scaring people. Then the humiliation game show.

by Anonymousreply 137July 9, 2024 3:03 PM

Creepy producer Andy Lassner moved to The Jennifer Hudson Show.

by Anonymousreply 138July 9, 2024 3:06 PM

Didn't she try to get a Server fired because her nail polish was chipped?

She's next level insane and the opposite of "kind".

by Anonymousreply 139July 9, 2024 3:07 PM

I hate the word "Old." "Is the bread still good?" No, it's old.

I've never felt older than when I'm at a restaurant trying to read a menu. They make it so uncomfortable. Once you hit a certain age, that tea light candle on the table is not helping us. There's no reason to even have that there. You put the phone flashlight on, and the font size, you need a jeweler's loupe. It's a tiny, tiny font size. There should be a menu for older people. There should be a children's menu and a large font menu. Or, like an audio book. Like, Meryl Streep reads the Cheesecake Factory menu..."Spaghetti..."

I really don't feel my age. When I was younger, 66 was ancient. I went for a check-up the other day, which is ridiculous. They just look for things. I was fine. I went to the doctor for a check up and they said, "When's the last time you had a bone density test?" And, I was like, "What? I don't need it, I'm strong, I work out all the time." He said, "You should get a bone density test at your age." So, I get a bone density test...I am off the charts...below it. I'm not even on it. I'm full on osteoporosis. I don't know how I'm standing up right now. I am like a human sand castle. I could disintegrate in the shower. I have to get that Prolia shot, ya know that commercial on television where the woman's like "Whoah-oh-oh!" and a kid rolls out in front of her.

by Anonymousreply 140July 10, 2024 3:12 AM

[quote] Said it here years ago, she seems to be a sadist. She took great glee in scaring people. Then the humiliation game show.

Yep. Though I confess I loved it when she made Meghan Markle go out in public on a sidewalk and eat nuts like a squirrel. Smth like that. Good times! Thanks you old beeyatch.

She could work at a prison and torture Steve Bannon, Giuliani, and omg, DJT !!! I bet she could come up with some wonderful ideas.

by Anonymousreply 141July 10, 2024 3:24 AM

Sorry - I am SO over Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 142July 10, 2024 3:25 AM

She certainly doesn't look very ladylike.

by Anonymousreply 143July 10, 2024 3:26 AM

So how much does she drink?

by Anonymousreply 144July 10, 2024 4:31 AM

Does this mean no "Mr. Wrong Part 2"? I've been waiting....

by Anonymousreply 145July 10, 2024 5:06 AM

r140 is from her new tour. It's funny in person. The audience had a good time, consistent laughs.

by Anonymousreply 146July 10, 2024 5:28 AM

R118 sad to say it's true.

by Anonymousreply 147July 10, 2024 6:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!