Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Brooke Shields looks awful

I think she'd look a lot better if she finally plucked her eyebrows. She was stunning as a child and young woman and the thick brows worked but now she's gaunt and haggard looking and I think plucking would open her eyes up.

by Anonymousreply 93July 7, 2024 8:57 PM

jesus, OP. LINK, FFS!

by Anonymousreply 1July 3, 2024 4:37 PM

You don’t want to peak in childhood.

by Anonymousreply 2July 3, 2024 4:56 PM

I don't mind her in this yellow but I think she's gotten a little too muscular and looks to be is taking too much HGH. That center part does her zero favors.

by Anonymousreply 3July 3, 2024 5:01 PM

Sorry, link below ^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 3, 2024 5:02 PM

Yellow is definitely NOT her color.

by Anonymousreply 5July 3, 2024 5:06 PM

As a young woman, her slightly masculine face mixed with the bloom of youth was beautiful. Now, she’s left with just the masculine face. Agree some eyebrow reshaping could help…unless she feels her brows are her trademark?

by Anonymousreply 6July 3, 2024 5:21 PM

Shields has always had surprisingly bad taste in clothing and personal styling. You'd think she'd know better, but apparently not.

That said, she seems like a good egg.

by Anonymousreply 7July 3, 2024 5:32 PM

She does feel like her eyebrows are her trademark, I think.

She could tweeze some of the hairs on the underside of her brows and STILL have thick brows.

Right now, it looks like her eyebrows are sitting right on top of her eyes.

I like the yellow dress on her. The Crocs? She can get away with it because she's tall.

by Anonymousreply 8July 3, 2024 5:37 PM

I watched her Z list marriage movie. She didn't look awful in that movie, nor in OP's link.

by Anonymousreply 9July 3, 2024 5:46 PM

she was one of the hottest people in the world for over a decade easily. can people be allowed to just give it up at some point? who the fuck are we

by Anonymousreply 10July 3, 2024 5:49 PM

Jennifer Connelly needs to follow OP's advice, too. Gorgeous woman, but she's got two middle-aged caterpillars on her forehead. It's time she broke up with them.

by Anonymousreply 11July 3, 2024 5:51 PM

Nobody looks good in yellow Crocs.

by Anonymousreply 12July 3, 2024 6:00 PM

She’s thicker in the middle these days. She is probably eating whatever she wants…

by Anonymousreply 13July 3, 2024 9:05 PM

It’s called post-menopause honey.

by Anonymousreply 14July 3, 2024 9:28 PM

Her skin would make an excellent leather handbag.

by Anonymousreply 15July 3, 2024 9:30 PM

R13, she is what, 59? She is in the top 1% of trimness and looking fabulous. Whatever the fuck she's eating, it's working.

by Anonymousreply 16July 3, 2024 9:30 PM

R6 - you're exactly right - it's the masculine kind of face that was softened with youth and estrogen.

Same thing happened to Cindy Crawford - she seriously looks like she wants to beat someone's ass. She looks hard and not fresh or feminine looking. I think it's hilarious she does these skincare commercials - because she looks old and tough looking.

They were both absolutely stunning when they were younger - but that look has a shelf-life.

by Anonymousreply 17July 3, 2024 9:34 PM

No Brooke Shields thread is complete without this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 3, 2024 9:38 PM

Cindy didn’t help herself with getting things like brow lifts and such in her 30’s.

by Anonymousreply 19July 3, 2024 9:39 PM

She wore crocs at the Tony Awards, OP, because, as pointed out in a NYT profile, she has messed up feet, mostly from her work on the Great White Way.

by Anonymousreply 20July 3, 2024 9:58 PM

We should all look so "awful".

by Anonymousreply 21July 3, 2024 10:03 PM

I like the yellow outfit with the crocs. It succeeds in getting attention and she’s having fun with it.

She turns 60 in less than a year and looks fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 22July 3, 2024 10:14 PM

Aside from her modeling work is there anything she's done that isn't pure shit? She sucks.

by Anonymousreply 23July 3, 2024 10:42 PM

Remember when her granny bones broke on an exercise ball?

by Anonymousreply 24July 3, 2024 10:43 PM

R23 has clearly never seen Freeway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 3, 2024 10:52 PM

What did she play? A piece of wood in the middle of the road? Perfect casting.

by Anonymousreply 26July 3, 2024 10:53 PM

Brooke as a child and teen was one of the most exquisite looking humans I have ever seen. I think she is still pretty, but there’s nowhere to go but down when you’re that gorgeous in your youth.

by Anonymousreply 27July 3, 2024 11:08 PM

Oh r18, I’m embarrassed for her…

by Anonymousreply 28July 3, 2024 11:30 PM

let her age gracefully

by Anonymousreply 29July 3, 2024 11:35 PM

Once she went to college she never was the same looks wise. She was a beautiful child.

by Anonymousreply 30July 4, 2024 12:27 AM

If she only had a softer chin length bob with highlights she could keep the caterpillars as they would be hidden . Yellow accentuates the extreme sun damaged chest !!! Just enlarge it and you will see .

My sister has the similar sundanage — not uncommon . She uses a flesh toned SPF which covers it nicely . She checked into a procedure she can’t afford which Brooke can — fraxil

I would be surprised she had a stylist

by Anonymousreply 31July 4, 2024 12:43 AM

I actually read one of her books, the one she tried to write about her mother. Jesus what a slog. She is seriously neurotic and irritating, as well in need of an editor. It's all about her and how her mother wrecked her life by drinking. No one else matters in Brookeland.

by Anonymousreply 32July 4, 2024 12:51 AM

She does seem like she would be emotionally exhausting. Listen to Kath Griffins take on Brooke's weddding.

by Anonymousreply 33July 4, 2024 1:05 AM

As a 25-year old in 1982, I remember telling my older sister & her friend, both sophisticates of a sort, that I did not think she would age well. They dismissed me as if I was a rube.

by Anonymousreply 34July 4, 2024 1:09 AM

She was very beautiful. She had a perfect '80s look with the big, full hair and bushy eyebrows - perfect figure for that time, as well.

Considering everything she's been through, she came out pretty good, I'd say. She seems like a kind and considerate person, not full of herself.

by Anonymousreply 35July 4, 2024 1:09 AM

A few added pounds look good on her.

by Anonymousreply 36July 4, 2024 1:11 AM

Both her grandfather and father were hot as hell. Here's gramps. You can see where she gets her looks from. I used to think she looked just like her mother until I saw her father and grandfather.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 4, 2024 1:13 AM

I can't be too hard on her, she was/is very pro-gay. But I'm still weirded out by her "date" with Michael Jackson at the Grammys.

by Anonymousreply 38July 4, 2024 1:17 AM

Well, at least she wasn't dumb enough to marry Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 39July 4, 2024 1:21 AM

Andre Agassi sounds like he was a terrible husband. I thought he was so cute back in the day, I didn't know that was a wig!

by Anonymousreply 40July 4, 2024 1:22 AM

She really was flawless

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 4, 2024 1:23 AM

Her father was 6'7".

by Anonymousreply 42July 4, 2024 1:25 AM

Remember that shitfest Sahara?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 4, 2024 1:36 AM

Child surfing the other night I came across this Brooke Shields documentary on Hulu and really enjoyed it. It dives into her life and also talks a lot about the era of feminism and how it impacted the sexualization of child models, something we still see today. It's definitely not a hagiography. Definitely worth a watch if you're interested in her story and these issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 4, 2024 1:43 AM

*channel surfing

by Anonymousreply 45July 4, 2024 1:44 AM

She now looks like Fabio.

by Anonymousreply 46July 4, 2024 1:46 AM

[quote] Child surfing the other night

by Anonymousreply 47July 4, 2024 1:49 AM

OP is trolling. She looks amazing at 59 years old.

Yes she could thin the brows a little. Most women her age would kill for that 'problem'.

by Anonymousreply 48July 4, 2024 2:01 AM

She blowed up real good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 4, 2024 2:57 AM

The Vulcan eyebrows have to go — but overall, she looks fine for her age. I like that she had some fun with the garish yellow crocs to match the dress. No boring older woman clothes for her!

by Anonymousreply 50July 4, 2024 3:37 AM

I once stood behind Brooke Shields in line to get into a party for Madonna's birthday that was being thrown by Donatella Versace. Yes, I used to be fabulous. She was in very high heels and literally towered over me—I'm 5'10. She almost looks like she has one of those genetic conditions with an extra X or something like that. Her very tall stature and mannish, striking physique give her an Athena-like, goddess vibe, certainly not Aphrodite. This huge goddess with broad shoulders looks every bit the woman she is—she doesn't resemble a trans person. Her features are just so grand; maybe that's why she photographed so well and became one of the most successful and iconic models of all time. Anyway, about the party—Madonna's a midget. Donatella looks worse in person, but it was a fun party.

by Anonymousreply 51July 4, 2024 4:00 AM

r51 how many years ago was that? Brooke was attractive for a bit when she had that tv show in the 90's.

by Anonymousreply 52July 4, 2024 5:58 AM

I once shared a gym locker room with her. She’s very tall and big. Not fat just a big boned person as we used to say. I’m surprised she made it as a model because they’re usually so skinny. She seemed friendly and nice, The other surprise for me was Lauren Hutton, short and lackingin presence for a model. I guess she photographed like a superstar.

by Anonymousreply 53July 4, 2024 6:53 AM

Lauren Hutton is 5'7". Not short. Maybe short in comparison to Sasquatch Shields.

by Anonymousreply 54July 4, 2024 11:14 AM

Brooke wasn’t really a typical fashion model. She was more like a person who was famous for her beauty. She modeled Calvin Klein jeans, but that was just clever marketing on CK’s part.

by Anonymousreply 55July 4, 2024 1:49 PM

Did Brooke ever do the runway?

by Anonymousreply 56July 4, 2024 2:53 PM

She actually has pretty good comedic skills. Suddenly Susan is forgotten today, but it was one of the better network sitcoms.

by Anonymousreply 57July 5, 2024 8:24 PM

[quote]She really was flawless

She was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 5, 2024 9:19 PM

Endless Love is one of the most sickening songs ever

by Anonymousreply 59July 5, 2024 9:29 PM

how could someone be so beautiful and end up so ugly? It's not just her being a memaw now. It started in her mid 30s. When she was young though no one even came close to her beauty. Not by a long shot.

by Anonymousreply 60July 5, 2024 9:34 PM

R57 is right.

by Anonymousreply 61July 5, 2024 9:42 PM

Suddenly Susan was funny in spite of Brooke. Look here though. The only one who came close to this was Gene Tierney

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 5, 2024 9:44 PM

very masculine...she so...big boned, too

by Anonymousreply 63July 5, 2024 9:49 PM

R62 Brooke was good in Suddenly Susan. She has very good comedic timing.

by Anonymousreply 64July 5, 2024 10:03 PM

When she got that bit on Friends as Joey's crazed stalker, it changed people's minds about her comedic timing. She was hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 5, 2024 10:46 PM

I thought she was good on The Middle. She played a trashy mom in the neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 66July 5, 2024 10:48 PM

Andre Agassi was at that Friends taping and he got so angry when Brooke started licking Matt LeBlanc's hand, he stormed out of the taping, drove home, and destroyed all his tennis trophies. Girl's got a temper.

by Anonymousreply 67July 5, 2024 10:54 PM

I think she looks fine.

Listen, her features are all heavier. It’s what happens. She’s 59 and had a couple kids. (If you know people her age, I bet few look nearly as good.)

She’s never going to be that porcelain teen. That’s okay by me.

by Anonymousreply 68July 5, 2024 11:06 PM

Like I said earlier, there was nowhere to go but down. I also can’t think of anyone who is 59 and as as beautiful at their youthful peak. Brad Pitt looks good, but c’mon…

by Anonymousreply 69July 5, 2024 11:10 PM

Brooke and Drew Barrymore. Maybe late '80s or early '90s, based on Drew's looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 5, 2024 11:11 PM

I read Brooke's book mentioned upthread and liked it a lot. It's an excellent chronicle of life in NYC in the 70s. Her mom adjure, Teri was a major alcoholic who never got the treatment she needed. Brooke writes about a failed intervention that took place before the word was so commonly used. she wrote another book about postpartum that I did not read, but, to her credit, she writes her own books without the help of a ghost writer. She took time out from her peak years in the spotlight to go to Princeton. Brooke is no dummy. and imo that's why she's still among us. And she never gave up on NYC; she lives in the West Village.

by Anonymousreply 71July 5, 2024 11:23 PM

R65 She was good on Friends.

by Anonymousreply 72July 5, 2024 11:48 PM

She’s still a very striking woman but she desperately needs a new hairstyle. Her hair looks stringy and thinning. A long bob with angles and a side swept bang would add a lot of fullness and volume to her hair and soften her facial features.

Her daughters are gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 73July 6, 2024 12:05 AM

[quote] how could someone be so beautiful and end up so ugly?

I've never seen anything like it in all my life!

by Anonymousreply 74July 6, 2024 12:15 AM

[quote] Girl's got a temper.

Sounds like Sean Penn.

by Anonymousreply 75July 6, 2024 12:19 AM

Brooke's an icon and is still beautiful. In her book, you have to feel sorry for her childhood because not only was she forced to be mom to her own mom but the breadwinner as well. I think the book is good for people who may have grown up with an alcoholic in the family to see she survived it, even if it came at a price.

by Anonymousreply 76July 6, 2024 12:31 AM

R31, I have always loved this shorter style on Brooke:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 6, 2024 12:40 AM

R77, that looks much more flattering on her. The shorter, thinner hair makes her features less masculine.

by Anonymousreply 78July 6, 2024 1:01 AM

Her hair still looks pretty thick, to me. I think she looks good with the long hair. At R77, that looks like the Rachel / Jennifer Aniston haircut.

by Anonymousreply 79July 6, 2024 2:53 AM

She and Mariska Hargitay are best friends. I bet Mariska bullies her around.

“Tell them I’m amazing.”

by Anonymousreply 80July 6, 2024 3:57 AM

Teri was a difficult person.

by Anonymousreply 81July 6, 2024 6:22 AM

Teri was more than a difficult person -- she couldn't even stay sober for her daughter's high school graduation. It's clear from the book that they have a love/hate relationship, and I think Brooke still carries those feelings around with her and that they impact her thought process and way of doing things. Toward the end of the book, you begin to realize Brooke is drinking herself. Family tradition.

by Anonymousreply 82July 6, 2024 8:09 AM

She is glib!

by Anonymousreply 83July 6, 2024 11:14 AM

I hope Brooke is not drinking in excess, now! That would be horrible.

by Anonymousreply 84July 6, 2024 4:56 PM

When was Brooke drinking?

by Anonymousreply 85July 6, 2024 4:56 PM

FFS, if Brooke were drinking to excess, there's no way she would look so damn great at almost 60.

After 50, the tiniest bit of booze shows right up on the skin. Brooke is a good egg and looks fantastic. The End!

by Anonymousreply 86July 6, 2024 5:41 PM

Agassi seemed like such an ass to her, and that’s based on his own book! She was actually very kind to him in hers. He made her sell her NYC apartment and move to that hellhole Vegas where he smoked crack and lusted after Steffi Graf.

I always admired Brooke for her comeback comedy career and not being afraid to look/be silly.

by Anonymousreply 87July 7, 2024 9:17 AM

Agree that Brooke's book about her life and mother was admirably restrained. Not a harsh word about anyone. The closest she came was in her description of Susan Sarandon during the filming of Pretty Baby. Even there Brooke was kind.

by Anonymousreply 88July 7, 2024 10:34 AM

Thanks R88. I was about to buy her book but since she's nice forget it. You want dirt and mud slinging in the type of book.

by Anonymousreply 89July 7, 2024 2:59 PM

What did she say about sarandon?

by Anonymousreply 90July 7, 2024 3:41 PM

R90, IIRC, it had something to do with Sarandon being stand-offish.

by Anonymousreply 91July 7, 2024 3:50 PM

Sarandon was probably jealous of the attention Brooke was getting.

by Anonymousreply 92July 7, 2024 8:48 PM

Sarandon slapped her face hard and repeatedly in a scene they had in “Pretty Baby.” She didn’t hold back at all.

by Anonymousreply 93July 7, 2024 8:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!