Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING NEWS: The Dems meltdown over Biden's shitty debate performance was for nought

First post-debate poll is out. Biden & Trump are both UNCHANGED from two months ago. Why the actual fuck the DNC didn't wait to ASK constituents before flying into Chicken Little "SKY IS FALLING!!!" mode is beyond me, but I hope they didn't create a self-fulfilling prophecy. And don't get me started on that Texas dipshit rep who's already calling on Biden to step down...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 4, 2024 7:06 AM

Trump put the bar so low for Biden that the old man just speaking put a lot of regular folk at ease. This election will be about the economy, stupid. Inflation is easing so that's great news for the Blues.

by Anonymousreply 1July 3, 2024 1:32 AM

That article is absurd.

"CNN’s last national poll was in April, when Trump had a six-point lead in a head-to-head matchup against Biden. In the new poll, Trump has … a six-point lead. In fact, the top-line numbers are exactly the same as they were two months before."

Why are they comparing now to April? April was 3 months ago. During that time Trump lost ground to Biden. And now, after the debate he's back up again.

A 6 point lead in July is not good.

by Anonymousreply 2July 3, 2024 1:32 AM

Hillary had a six-point lead in July.

by Anonymousreply 3July 3, 2024 1:34 AM

There are other post-debate polls that do show Biden losing support, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4July 3, 2024 1:35 AM

We just need polls from Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin. Those states are the only ones that matter . What are they thinking? Joe is relatable because he's so normal.

by Anonymousreply 5July 3, 2024 1:36 AM

[quote]Joe is relatable because he's so normal.

So true.

He's like your average 81 year old with signs of dementia.

by Anonymousreply 6July 3, 2024 1:47 AM

R6, are you trained to give those diagnoses?

by Anonymousreply 7July 3, 2024 1:57 AM

one doesn't need to be trained anyone with eyes can see it.

by Anonymousreply 8July 3, 2024 2:01 AM

Burying the lede much OP! Trump leads by 6 for three months. It means Biden is certain to lose for him, could have dropped out in April and avoided this humiliation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 3, 2024 2:01 AM

It will take two weeks before we get an accurate read on the state of the race. It takes time for voters to digest everything. Take these early polls with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 10July 3, 2024 2:06 AM

Democrats didn't meltdown, the President has won the nomination in a landslide. The media is alarmed at the appearance of an 81 year old, looking old.

The media wants a convicted rapist and insurrectionist in the White House.

The media loves shitty diapers and smelling it, scat queens all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 3, 2024 2:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 3, 2024 2:43 AM

Look at the aggregate data for all this polling stuff. FiveThirtyEight does a decent job and what they’re seeing is not so good for Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 3, 2024 2:57 AM

[quote]The media is alarmed at the appearance of an 81 year old, looking old.

Oh, that's really all this is? It's all be cause he looks old?

by Anonymousreply 14July 3, 2024 3:06 AM

538 now has Biden's approval rating at the lowest point in his Presidency: 37.3%

by Anonymousreply 15July 3, 2024 3:10 AM

Who gives a fuck what 538 says. Is this October 2016?

by Anonymousreply 16July 3, 2024 3:16 AM

screenshot.....HRC (and the THEMz Community) are unhappy with Biden. AGAIN. Today. Go look at the "trans influencers" swearing to vote Trump. Biden is losing too many votes in too many places. It's over. Biden will not win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 3, 2024 3:17 AM

JFC it is not because he looks old the man cannot string a sentence together. Trump looks old but he can at least put a sentence together. It's all lies but he is a known pathological liar. People are used to him lying and they don't seem to care.

by Anonymousreply 18July 3, 2024 3:18 AM

Trump won in 2016 because the Chicago Cubs won the World Series that year. Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin believed they could change shit by voting for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 19July 3, 2024 3:19 AM

Installed. Not won.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 3, 2024 3:26 AM

A portly insurrectionist who wears adult diapers (and uses the diaper in public), is the picture of masculine virility.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 3, 2024 3:29 AM

The public knows everything there is to know about Trump.

Now what?

by Anonymousreply 22July 3, 2024 3:35 AM

Joe Biden must crap his pants every time a camera is on him. They gotta get that guy on a schedule.

by Anonymousreply 23July 3, 2024 3:36 AM

BEARKING NEWS

by Anonymousreply 24July 3, 2024 3:50 AM

Oh no! What am I supposed to think now!

by Anonymousreply 25July 3, 2024 3:51 AM

Please tell me what I’m supposed to do! I’m so confused!

by Anonymousreply 26July 3, 2024 3:52 AM

The meltdowns came from white, ex-republician men and MSM pundits paid to act like assholes and lie while ignoring all of Trump's crimes, including the new info dump about his "fun" with his bestie Jeffrey that was released today.

Those people should have a nice, big group cry and then go fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 27July 3, 2024 3:55 AM

25 Democrats are going to ask him to leave. One of the headlines tonght said that Kamala would probably be at the top of the ticket which means we will lose to Trump. Druge is claiming that Michelle would win by 50 to 39 against trump. I'm not sure I believe that.

by Anonymousreply 28July 3, 2024 3:57 AM

President Biden does not have to wear adult diapers, your orange Jesus is incontinent, wears diapers and smells.

And.You. Like. That. Odor.

by Anonymousreply 29July 3, 2024 3:58 AM

^^Drudge

by Anonymousreply 30July 3, 2024 3:58 AM

Mel, its turd baby mama doesn't like the odor. And won't put up with it anymore. Not for any amount of money..

You do. And you do it for free.

by Anonymousreply 31July 3, 2024 4:00 AM

Trump is mean and cruel. Joe won.

by Anonymousreply 32July 3, 2024 4:01 AM

Proof positive the President is old and out of it? He agreed to debate it as if it's a real candidate. On CNN of all venues!

Debating it gives the impression of legitimacy. Undeserved.

The president does not understand that its no longer 1988, the other side has been consumed by magats. There is no other side. There is no Republican party, not anymore.

There is nothing left across the aisle except this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 3, 2024 4:12 AM

Here's what CNN has been up to.

A magat moderator. A magat audience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 3, 2024 4:18 AM

Joe would never do anything deliberately to hurt you. He's old but he's not mean. That counts a lot.

by Anonymousreply 35July 3, 2024 5:05 AM

But he has.

by Anonymousreply 36July 3, 2024 5:21 AM

In what way?

by Anonymousreply 37July 3, 2024 5:28 AM

Our choice is clear. Biden loses if he is on the top of the ticket. Sitting down with Stephanopolis is meaningless unless he is quitting. Telling George about how "fit" he is will be nothing but ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 3, 2024 8:12 AM

[quote]The media is alarmed at the appearance of an 81 year old, looking old.

Personally, I’m more alarmed by the ghosts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 3, 2024 8:32 AM

R38, A taped interview is meaningless, it has to be “live”.

by Anonymousreply 40July 3, 2024 8:41 AM

Personally, I am more alarmed by it having a parole officer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 3, 2024 11:27 AM

Denial is more than a river in Egypt, OP. Who's paying you to continue to gaslight everyone? From this morning's WSJ:

A CBS News/YouGov poll released on Sunday found that 72% of registered voters now believe Mr. Biden doesn’t have the “mental and cognitive health to serve as president,” up substantially from the network’s previous poll. An identical share said Mr. Biden shouldn’t seek re-election, including a remarkable 46% of his own party.

Biden needs to go to Shady Pines!...and take Evita Jill Biden with him.

by Anonymousreply 42July 3, 2024 11:32 AM

On the other hand:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 3, 2024 11:36 AM

Who is conducting the polls. How large is the sampling.

Why did registered Democrats vote for President Biden in a landslide?

by Anonymousreply 44July 3, 2024 11:41 AM

It's WaPo, so it's agency propaganda. I trust the NYT to be more independent and honest on this front. IOW, don't be surprised when he loses in November.

by Anonymousreply 45July 3, 2024 11:50 AM

You sacrificed a musty goat and the family dog, along with several horses to pray for the election results of your magat fantasy. But.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 3, 2024 12:01 PM

R43, registered voters and did not include Kennedy. Of course there’s also a MoE: 3.5%. Plus a Democratic candidate has to beat the Republican in the popular vote nationally, not tie, because so many Democratic votes are wasted votes in California.

by Anonymousreply 47July 3, 2024 12:53 PM

[quote] The race for president has shifted in Donald Trump's direction following the first 2024 presidential debate. Trump now has a 3-point edge over President Biden across the battleground states collectively, and a 2-point edge nationally. A big factor here is motivation, not just persuasion: Democrats are not as likely as Republicans to say they will "definitely" vote now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 3, 2024 12:57 PM

Is your response, R45, to the Reuters/Ipsos poll noted in the preceding post? If so, note that the (17th rated) Reuters/Ipsos poll is wholly unaffiliated with the (2nd rated) ABC/Washington Post poll.

by Anonymousreply 49July 3, 2024 1:31 PM

538 now shows Trump at 41.8% vs Biden at 39.9%

That's Trumps highest lead since April.

RCP betting average: Trump 55.5%....Biden 14.5%

by Anonymousreply 50July 3, 2024 2:34 PM

!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 3, 2024 2:37 PM

The poll was partially conducted before the debate.

by Anonymousreply 52July 3, 2024 2:39 PM

Michael Halperin was on Sirius earlier this hour with the following observations:

1. Biden is, "by far," the most likely nominee, he initially opined. When asked to consider whether Harris or someone else might be the nominee, he said it was 80% likely that either would be the nominee. Breaking the 80% number down further, he said that it would be 60%-20% Biden over Harris.

2. Biden's poll numbers haven't collapsed because his physical decline was pretty much "priced into the stock."

3. Biden wasn't the favorite to win before the debate, but is now in "big trouble." Including in "safe" states such as NH, Minnesota & Virginia (he also mentioned another state; I believe it was Oregon). Trump went from being the "mild favorite" to the "heavy favorite ... for now."

4. When asked who might have the most influence - I assume outside the family - in persuading Biden to leave the race, he pointed to the scenario of Schumer & Pelosi giving him this offer: Either you make the choice or we'll make it for you.

5. When asked to consider potential running mates for a Harris candidacy, he mentioned the governors of Kentucky & NC.

by Anonymousreply 53July 3, 2024 2:57 PM

^ Mark Halperin

by Anonymousreply 54July 3, 2024 2:59 PM

By the way, now the official version is that he "nearly fell asleep" on stage. No cold is to blame after all. He was jet lagged.

[quote] At a Virginia campaign event on Tuesday evening, the US president blamed his weak debate on his international trips leading up to the event, saying: “I wasn’t very smart. I decided to travel around the world a couple times, going through around 100 time zones … before … the debate. Didn’t listen to my staff and came back and nearly fell asleep on stage. That’s no excuse but it is an explanation.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 3, 2024 3:42 PM

All these stupid made-up excuses are bullshit and make them look like idiots who don't know what they're doing. He's too old to run again for President. He has to step down otherwise we will lose the election.

by Anonymousreply 56July 3, 2024 3:44 PM

[quote]Go look at the "trans influencers" swearing to vote Trump.

If I ever needed proof...

by Anonymousreply 57July 3, 2024 3:53 PM

[quote]He was jet lagged.

Jet lagged from where?

He had been back from Europe 12 days prior to the debate.

by Anonymousreply 58July 3, 2024 3:59 PM

This latest explanation is so much more unimprovably upmarket than the common cold. Biden was being Presidentially a busy internationalist - activity not needed from courtroom attendee and felon Trump.

The creditable explanation might have had more impact had it come sooner, come first, not as an afterthought. But here we are, and Biden's leadership surely remains in the balance.

by Anonymousreply 59July 3, 2024 4:00 PM

The only thing that would help Biden right now is for him to pass cognitive tests by a doctor at Walter Reed Medical Center. But we all know that he won't do that, because they're not sure he can pass. Trump probably couldn't pass, either.

by Anonymousreply 60July 3, 2024 4:11 PM

R60, If Biden could survive a two hour “live” town hall where the questions were not known beforehand, everyone would shut up.

by Anonymousreply 61July 3, 2024 4:16 PM

Biden's curve after the debate looks like the trajectory of a plane crash at 538. Sorry Joe, game over for real this time.

by Anonymousreply 62July 3, 2024 4:20 PM

How can Howard Dean go on MSNBC and tell viewers that he’s confident Joe could serve another four years?

by Anonymousreply 63July 3, 2024 4:30 PM

Has anyone noticed the eulogy language Biden’s “supporters” are using? They’re praising his accomplishments and his good character. Maybe they’re priming him for a graceful exit. Joe Scarborough sounds like he’s reading an obituary whenever he discusses Biden.

by Anonymousreply 64July 3, 2024 4:31 PM

R58 My thought.

by Anonymousreply 65July 3, 2024 9:31 PM

[quote]How can Howard Dean go on MSNBC and tell viewers that he’s confident Joe could serve another four years?

Howard Dean: expert in optics 😂 😂 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 3, 2024 9:37 PM

Dean wasn't responsible for how that was reported. Television was. TL;dr The only sound they used was from the unidirectional microphone in front of him, which did not pick up any of the background noise of the crowd. He was yelling over the crowd.

[quote]Those at the event recalled the crowd being so loud they could not even hear Dean; this experience was not reflected in television broadcasts of the rally, as the audio they used was from the unidirectional microphone Dean was holding that significantly decreased the background noise.

[quote]"none of the reporters on the press plane were talking about [the Dean scream]"; only when a CNN associate producer brought it up when at New Hampshire was she aware of it. Eric Salzman, who reported Dean's campaign for CBS, revealed it was the network's editors that chose to focus their coverage on the scream despite insistence from journalists at the rally not to: "It was an interesting example of the power of television, because editors said to their reporters, 'Hey, I saw it. I watched it on TV. I know what happened.' And the reporters were trying to say, 'No, it was different if you were there.' And the editors were like, 'Hey. I'm telling you I know what the story is, and this is what we're reporting.

by Anonymousreply 67July 3, 2024 10:04 PM

Kamala is already being mopped up on social media.by the right wing loons. Apparently she has been saying stupid shit for years and we didn't pay attention. WE ARE SCREWED.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 3, 2024 10:15 PM

[quote]Apparently she has been saying stupid shit for years and we didn't pay attention. WE ARE SCREWED.

r68, disingenous doesn't suit you, ya fuckin' troll. God bless!

by Anonymousreply 69July 3, 2024 10:30 PM

It is not clear the President loses. This is a magat fantasy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 3, 2024 10:30 PM

R69 Grampa Magoo isn't winning. And Kamala has been one of the people hiding his health [bold]Educate Me----->>How do YOU think this is going to turn out?[/bold] It is time to fucking panic!!

by Anonymousreply 71July 3, 2024 10:35 PM

I am panicking, ya feces flinger

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 3, 2024 10:38 PM

[quote]r71 - It is time to fucking panic!!

Well, sweetie, you can just panic for the rest of us, 'kay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 3, 2024 10:39 PM

Future Emperor Trump up SIX POINTS.....PANIC!! ...............R72 thinks throwing dirt on a filthy person is going to someone help Biden "win"? Fuck you. We are losing this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 3, 2024 10:40 PM

Can we at least change out Kamala Harris? She’s about as authentic as a hard shell taco, and has proven herself to be best left in the background.

by Anonymousreply 75July 3, 2024 10:41 PM

I am panicked. Y'all like to play with your own shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 3, 2024 10:41 PM

Take your SHRIEK! PANIC!!! posts somewhere else, r74. As of now it's Joe vs Trump. Pick one.

by Anonymousreply 77July 3, 2024 10:43 PM

Biden will lose. Fact.

by Anonymousreply 78July 3, 2024 10:44 PM

Not understanding. But your side doesn't do logic. Your side does insurrection and fecal play. President Biden, who easily won the Democratic nomination, should step aside, because you said so. His vp, should also step aside. Because you said so. And Governor Handsome should be the nominee.

Because you say so?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 3, 2024 10:45 PM

The taped Biden interview with Stephanopoulos is only going to be fifteen(15) minutes in length, a stipulation made by the White House.

by Anonymousreply 80July 3, 2024 10:46 PM

All through the day 538 and RealClear have been adjusting their averages.

538: Trump in the lead (+2.3) at 42.1% vs 39.8%

RCP: Trump in the lead (+2.9) at 46.7% vs 43..8%

Funny thing is the RCP Betting Averages have Kamala with greater odds to the WH than Biden.

by Anonymousreply 81July 3, 2024 10:47 PM

[quote]because you said so.

R79 it's not because we say so. It's because people who count say so.

[quote]But your side doesn't do logic.

The one not doing logic is you.

by Anonymousreply 82July 3, 2024 10:50 PM

"I think we have to face the truth that no one seems to want to admit. This is no longer a case of excessive narcissism or grandiosity. We're not simply dealing with an unusually large ego. The president of the United States is seriously, frighteningly, dangerously unstable. And he's getting worse by the day"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 3, 2024 10:52 PM

Go back and read that article and look at the charts. Kamala a lot stronger than expected. Exceeds Biden on non-white, women, independents, and the young. And the others are in striking distance of Trump. Rip the bandaid off and GO!

by Anonymousreply 84July 3, 2024 11:02 PM

I donated to Biden yesterday, & plan on volunteering for the campaign on weekends.

The debate did distress me for a few days, & then I realized that giving up on someone who had one bad night is absolutely ridiculous, & not my style.

I understand the concerns, however, this is where we are, & it’s NOT the time to give up and say, “Fuck it. I’m out.”

by Anonymousreply 85July 3, 2024 11:18 PM

[quote] Burying the lede much OP! Trump leads by 6 for three months. It means Biden is certain to lose for him, could have dropped out in April and avoided this humiliation

Live, from Vladivostok - R9!!!

by Anonymousreply 86July 3, 2024 11:27 PM

R85, you'd remain on deck playing Nearer My God to Thee, right?

by Anonymousreply 87July 3, 2024 11:35 PM

Tell your handlers you deserve to be punished. More.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 3, 2024 11:38 PM

Where do all the donations go? Nobody watches those tired commercials *click* With the internet and 24/7 news shows- why would you have to spend a dime? Do rallies, kiss babies, travel, etc ?

by Anonymousreply 89July 4, 2024 12:53 AM

R88 This isn’t the Cambodia I know.

by Anonymousreply 90July 4, 2024 5:03 AM

You know the world is upside down when Boris and Svetlana from St. Petersburg and Biden's campaign staff are joining forces to gaslight us.

by Anonymousreply 91July 4, 2024 7:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!