Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bebe Returns to “Frasier”

Harriet Sansom Harris will reprise her role as agent Bebe Glazer on a "Frasier" Season 2 episode, while Rachel Bloom will guest as her daughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 3, 2024 3:42 AM

I hope they invest in their writing staff or all of this casting will be for naught. Maybe Grammer can get fellow MAGAt Dr. Phil to repriese his role as the Devil.

by Anonymousreply 1July 2, 2024 4:26 PM

"I am a STAH MAKER!"

by Anonymousreply 2July 2, 2024 4:30 PM

Bulldog and Gil Chesterton are also set to appear. And of course there’s Roz’s recurring role.

Lots of Seattle faces but no Boston Cheers ones yet. Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 3July 2, 2024 4:40 PM

Why don't they simply recast the holdouts?

by Anonymousreply 4July 2, 2024 5:36 PM

R4 "Niles, when did you become Black and nonbinary?"

by Anonymousreply 5July 2, 2024 7:29 PM

For the first thirty years of her decent career Harriet Sansom Harris was just Harriet Harris. Then after all that time she added Sansom which is really awkward and has no flow to it at all!

by Anonymousreply 6July 2, 2024 8:09 PM

I haven't watched the reboot but why did they use the name Bebe for one of the characters? Was that a dig at Bebe Neuwirth?

by Anonymousreply 7July 2, 2024 8:13 PM

R7 Coincidence, but that question comes up a lot.

by Anonymousreply 8July 2, 2024 8:28 PM

The guy playing Frazier's grown (now) son is the weak link in the cast. It also seems so off that Frazier's bookish son grew up to be that guy.

by Anonymousreply 9July 2, 2024 8:37 PM

One post and it's a Trump thread. Absolute kudos. Slay kween.

by Anonymousreply 10July 2, 2024 8:38 PM

The other Bebe (Neuwirth) and Rachel Bloom were on "Julia," along with David Hyde Pierce.

by Anonymousreply 11July 2, 2024 9:01 PM

Rachel as Bebe's daughter would work

by Anonymousreply 12July 2, 2024 9:11 PM

I don't recall Bebe having a daughter.

R9 - Frederick was a nerdy kid, but I'm not sure how bookish he was. He needed Niles' Thanksgiving turkey and Lilith's "connection" to Golda Meir to get into an exclusive prep school. Later in the series he schemed to try and get a dirt bike from his parents. And the last time we saw him he'd become a goth.

by Anonymousreply 13July 2, 2024 9:22 PM

Yeah as much I loathe to defend this show, R13 is right and don't forget the Crane camping trip when Freddie just want to fuck around with his little girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 14July 2, 2024 9:24 PM

I always thought that it couldn't be a coincidence that the writers named her "Bebe" since it's not a common name and what type of character she was.

It seemed like a small dig at Bebe Neuwirth.

by Anonymousreply 15July 2, 2024 9:29 PM

R13, Bebe's son appears in the final episode, and he's a bald, middle-aged man (the joke is that Bebe has had such great plastic surgery that she's actually much older than she appears). I think she also mentions having a kid at Stanford in an earlier episode.

The original Frasier wasn't consistent about a lot of details involving Bebe, so I'd hardly expect the sequel series to be as well.

by Anonymousreply 16July 2, 2024 9:47 PM

I absolutely love Rachel Bloom. I'll watch anything with her. Including Crazy Ex Girlfriend every 16 months.

by Anonymousreply 17July 2, 2024 11:57 PM

I understand Rachel has bad a boob reduction

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 3, 2024 12:24 AM

Most of the press about season 2 so far is focusing on all the guest stars they’ve lined up. While it’s an exciting prospect to see these characters again, it’s not ideal to care more about guests than the core cast.

I hope the writing for the new ensemble makes them more appealing this season, and integrates them with the guest characters in ways the original show did with the Cheers gang. For instance, Eve being an aspiring (albeit bad) actress could make her pursue Bebe for representation. Meanwhile, Bulldog teaches David how to be smoother with the ladies and turns David into an obnoxious horndog, which gets him #MeToo’d. Something like that, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 19July 3, 2024 3:14 AM

[quote] in ways the original show did with the Cheers gang.

Hiya, gang at Cheers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 3, 2024 3:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!