Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Marlon Brando on Clint Eastwood: 'Can't Stand That Kid with the Gun'

Eddie Murphy is recalling a memorable conversation he once had with the late Marlon Brando.

In excerpts from a newly published chat for the New York Times podcast The Interview, Murphy said he was once at Brando's home following his first-ever film role, in 1982's 48 Hrs., when the actor told him he wasn't a fan of Clint Eastwood.

"This is how long ago it was: He was going, 'I can’t stand that kid with the gun.' I was like, 'What kid with the gun?' He said, 'He’s on the poster!' " recalled Murphy, 63.

"I was like, 'Clint Eastwood?' 'Yeah, that guy!' He was calling Clint Eastwood 'that kid,' " added the Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F star.

Notably, Brando — who died at age 80 in 2004 — was only six years older than Eastwood, who recently celebrated his 94th birthday in May.

Meeting up with Brando at his home was the second time the two hung out, according to Murphy. The first time, he said, was at a rooftop restaurant at the L’Ermitage luxury hotel in Los Angeles.

And the impact of those moments isn't lost on Murphy today. "I was having these famous people that I grew up watching on television wanting to have a meal with me," he recalled. "After 48 Hrs., Marlon Brando calls my agent and wants to meet me."

"Now I look back and go, 'Wow, that’s crazy. The greatest actor of all time wants to have dinner with you!' " Murphy continued on the podcast. "But back then I just thought, 'Well, that’s the way it is. You make a movie, and Marlon Brando calls.' "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 2, 2024 1:05 PM

Can the Eddie Murphy stan stop trolling all these threads on Eddie Murphy ? It's not 1984, it's 2024.

by Anonymousreply 1July 2, 2024 12:03 PM

Hmm, Brando invited Eddie Murphy to his house? Eddie is clearly leaving out the most important details of the day.

by Anonymousreply 2July 2, 2024 12:16 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking, R2.

It was back when Eddie was younger, too.

I'm guessing that Brando was all over him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 2, 2024 12:19 PM

Marlon, Clint and Eddie. Makes me feel all nostalgic.

by Anonymousreply 4July 2, 2024 12:52 PM

No one cares about the transwoman-disappearing Murphy.

He's as dirty as shit.

by Anonymousreply 5July 2, 2024 1:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!