Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden’s family privately criticizes top advisers and pushes for their ouster

Members of Joe Biden’s family privately trashed his top campaign advisers at Camp David this weekend, blaming them for the president’s flop in Thursday’s debate and urging Biden to fire or demote people in his political high command.

There is no immediate expectation that Biden will follow through on that advice, according to three people briefed on the family conversations but not directly involved. The three people were granted anonymity to discuss the matter.

Among the family's complaints about the debate practice: that Biden was not prepared to pivot more to go on the attack; that he was bogged down too much on defending his record rather than outlining a vision for a second term; and that he was over-worked and not well-rested.

The blame was cast widely on staffers, including: Anita Dunn, the senior adviser who frequently has the president’s ear; her husband, Bob Bauer, the president’s attorney who played Trump in rehearsals at Camp David; and Ron Klain, the former chief of staff who ran point on the debate prep and previous cycles’ sessions.

“The aides who prepped the President have been with him for years, often decades, seeing him through victories and challenges. He maintains strong confidence in them,” Biden campaign spokesperson Kevin Munoz said in a statement.

A senior Biden aide also pushed back, saying it was “not true” that frustration was directed at Dunn, Bauer and Klain.

Biden allies and staffers have sought to blame a variety of factors in the aftermath of Biden’s dismal debate performance, including that the president was ill, was over-prepared and that the CNN moderators failed to fact-check former President Donald Trump. But as the crisis continued into a third day, the finger-pointing has turned inward toward some of Biden’s closest advisers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282July 9, 2024 2:04 AM

Many expected to receive their pink slips on Saturday but the president forgot.

by Anonymousreply 1July 1, 2024 1:29 AM

Biden's family is tough.

He's lucky to have such strong, loyal, and unwavering support from them.

by Anonymousreply 2July 1, 2024 1:34 AM

I'm really starting to hate Jill Biden. I'm starting to see her for what she is. She doesn't give a fuck about the country. She wants to keep her unearned status and power.

"You answered all the questions, Joe!!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 1, 2024 1:43 AM

Poor little Boris at R3.

So angry because President Biden and his STRONG wife are standing up to bullies who are trying to push him out of the race.

Go fuck yourself.

He's not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 4July 1, 2024 1:45 AM

R3 That clip is so cringe.

by Anonymousreply 5July 1, 2024 1:47 AM

R3 Has a point. I had similar thoughts when I heard his family is pushing him to run again.

by Anonymousreply 6July 1, 2024 1:48 AM

Wow, R4, you STILL don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 7July 1, 2024 1:48 AM

[quote]CNN moderators failed to fact-check former President Donald Trump

If they had done that, they would have also had to fact check Biden, who told 15 half-truths or outright lies

In fact, Biden was fact checked during the debate when he said the Border Patrol Union endorsed him. The head of the union got on Twitter and said they had not.

He also said no troops had died during his administration, yet he attended the ceremony of the transfer of remains of those who died at Kabul Airport (you remember, the ceremony where he kept checking his watch everytime they unloaded a coffin.)

by Anonymousreply 8July 1, 2024 2:03 AM

R5 It was very cringe yo. But yet saying that in DL makes you a freeper or a Russian operative. Rolls 👀. No matter what I’ll support whoever is Democratic nominee because Trump simply cannnot win. He cannot.

by Anonymousreply 9July 1, 2024 2:04 AM

Biden is giving us a second Trump term. He’ll be hated long after his death.

by Anonymousreply 10July 1, 2024 2:04 AM

[quote] He’ll be hated long after his death

He’ll be hated long after his death BY RIGHT WING TROLLS, for THWARTING A SECOND TERM for Tronald Dump.

THERE, I fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2024 2:07 AM

In the end, it's nobody's fault but Joe Biden's. The not so veiled suggestion is that he's too fucking feeble to know what's going on, to know what advice to take, to be trusted to his own devices.

And that's certainly the outward appearance of things as well. The blame game and lame excuses don't improve on the image of things.

Biden could be sharp and deliver his message with laser point accuracy without ever making a misstep for the rest of the campaign - and never shake off the woefully bad impression of that first debate.

Earlier I had hoped that Biden would give outward appearances of running for reelection and then step aside just before the convention with some strong successor choices ready to step forward. It's looking like there's fat chance of that now.

by Anonymousreply 12July 1, 2024 2:12 AM

It’s time to shut the fuck up about that damned debate. Get a grip and move on. We need to support President Biden to prevent Project 2025. As a gay man, I don’t want my rights stripped away, to be dragged into a concentration camp, to be stoned to death.

by Anonymousreply 13July 1, 2024 2:29 AM

There are other options to Joe and I don't know why people are so resistant to that. There's still time and it may very well work out for the better. I don't think he'll beat Trump because he comes across as weak. And he is weak, he's 81 years old, that's natural in the circle of life. To put it simply, as a president, weak is bad.

by Anonymousreply 14July 1, 2024 2:35 AM

You’d think the Democrats would have learned the lesson with Ruth Bader Ginsberg. But noooooooooo, pride over common sense.

by Anonymousreply 15July 1, 2024 2:46 AM

Biden didn't come across as just weak, he also repeatedly came across as cognitively compromised and old & feeble.

by Anonymousreply 16July 1, 2024 2:49 AM

R13 I think all of us feel your sentiment. We just disagree on the path to prevent that. Love you.

by Anonymousreply 17July 1, 2024 2:51 AM

[quote] Biden didn't come across as just weak, he also repeatedly came across as cognitively compromised and old & feeble.

Hey, asshole.

Whatever it is you THINK you're doing, isn't going to work.

The more you keep repeating your tired old trope, the more RESOLVED I will be to vote for Joe Biden, and convince others to do the same.

You repeating your stupid shit over, and over, and over again will just be a reminder to me of how hard you assholes are working overtime to get Trump elected.

Therefore, I shall do the same, and work with the same intensity to get Joe Biden elected.

So fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 18July 1, 2024 2:55 AM

R18 I mean the poster isn’t saying anything paid democratic television pundits were not saying right after the debate,, so why name call. And many claim high up elected officials said similar things during the debate with texts and conversations the next morning. I’m just saying.

by Anonymousreply 19July 1, 2024 3:00 AM

"Mighty Joe's Family Bullied by White House Insiders"

by Anonymousreply 20July 1, 2024 3:05 AM

"Pride only hurts. It never helps."

Marsellus Wallace explains the pride of the Biden family and not a few Democrats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 1, 2024 10:44 AM

R18, I'm just stating the truth as I see it. Some of us saw Biden as the catastrophe that was going to happen from way back, and for other reasons besides the most obvious one, but we got castigated every time the obvious was pointed out. Instead, fools like you allowed yourselves to be lied to repeatedly and on a daily basis, by Biden, the Administration, and the MSM which is clearly just the democratic party's mouthpieces, which is extremely dangerous for out country and democracy. I voted for Dean Phillips in the NYS primary, btw.

The problem with people like you is that your hatred of Trump is more important to you than the truth, what is best for the party and the future of the country. People like you have from the beginning given Trump much more power than he ever actually ever had. Fuck, he controls you so much you can't even see reality or even fucking think straight. Another problem with people with you is that you are so fucking naive that you believe everything damn thing you see, hear and read if it is on MSNBC, or in the NYTs and WaPo. You'll keep getting exactly what you deserve, stupid.

- R16

by Anonymousreply 22July 1, 2024 1:38 PM

I was beginning to wonder if there was someone in his group that was trying to sabotage him.

by Anonymousreply 23July 1, 2024 1:43 PM

r16 you're right, he did come across like that or people wouldn't be so upset. The next day he was much stronger. I am going to say that because he had a cold and we don't know how much it affected him, he had a few long days at Camp David, probably a long day the day of the debate, it was 9pm and he was probably exhausted, all attributed to his performance. Trump on the other hand probably sat around all day watching tv, making himself angry over whatever and was raring to go by the time the debate started. Trump never gets nervous or at least doesn't show it but makes himself angry instead.

by Anonymousreply 24July 1, 2024 1:58 PM

The hatred of Trump is simply due to having no guiding philosophy of what you should be FOR, or what you want to CHANGE. These people merely want to buttress a status quo which nobody really likes.

Biden is the perfect candidate for the status quo-ers - a man on his way to knackers.

by Anonymousreply 25July 1, 2024 2:02 PM

[quote] with some strong successor choices ready to step forward.

Right. Is he going to order them from the factory?

[quote] There are other options to Joe and I don't know why people are so resistant to that.

Because you dump Biden posters are so resistant to telling us what these other options are?

by Anonymousreply 26July 1, 2024 2:03 PM

I don't give a shit what Biden's family says. Of course, Jill Biden will support whatever decision her husband makes. He should listen to the elected, top officials of the Democratic party and his political advisors.

We've spent the past eight years complaining about and ridiculing the influence of family members of that racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile, who is also a convicted felon. Why should we care about the opinions of the family members of Biden? Yes, Jill Biden is smart and intelligent. His surviving son is a convicted felon and completely unsuccessful at life apart from his family's connections. I have no idea what Biden's daughter does. But family does not matter here.

Yes, that racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile, who is also a convicted felon gave the far worse performance at the debates. He lied throughout it. But Biden looked old, tired, and appeared confused. Image matters over substance. Anyone recall the Nixon/Kennedy debate?

Biden needs to step aside.

by Anonymousreply 27July 1, 2024 2:07 PM

R26 we tell you what the options are all the time. Even Pete Buttigeig, a gay man with butt in his name, pulls similar numbers to Biden in hypotheticals.

by Anonymousreply 28July 1, 2024 2:07 PM

Lord deliver me from politicians' families! They are a pain in the ass and are usually the worst people to get advice from.

by Anonymousreply 29July 1, 2024 2:09 PM

The numbers are not looking good for Joe. Are you all really going down on the Biden ship and hand another presidency to DUMP??? This is exactly why the party is in shambles. Too many people have their heads in their asses.

by Anonymousreply 30July 1, 2024 2:12 PM

[quote] we tell you what the options are all the time.

Buttigeig? You think a gay man is going to defeat Trump? Fantasize much? What else ya got?

by Anonymousreply 31July 1, 2024 2:20 PM

We have to let this play out a little longer. The media is driving the Dump Biden effort with a bald, brazen arrogance ai have rarely seen. For months they have framed Biden as too old and written a barrage of stories about his cognitive abilities. They played gotcha on that debate stage. They have been practically giddy about watching him fall on his ass. They reacted similarly towards Hillary in 2016 when she got sick.

The backlash to the way the media is playing this is beginning to gain momentum. A lot of Dems are pushing back at the complete lack of scrutiny Trump gets. He is getting a pass. Yes there was some acknowledgement of Trump on the Sunday shows, but it is far from the steady drumbeat Biden has been facing for months. Trump is a convicted felon. He is awaiting trial on other indictments. He's a fucking criminal. And the media treats him and his ranting, his lies, and they minimize his dangerous plans and his support for Russia, China, and North Korea. Trump is the personification of evil. He is a literal existential danger to our democracy, and there's no urgency to their criticisms, and they have normalized him, treated him as inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 32July 1, 2024 2:24 PM

Trump said ABSOLUTELY INSANE things during the debate.

by Anonymousreply 33July 1, 2024 2:27 PM

No, I was using Buttigeig as an example. Buttigeig is worthless as is most of Biden’s cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 34July 1, 2024 2:28 PM

R32 this is how trumpers talk. You have become what you hate most.

by Anonymousreply 35July 1, 2024 2:30 PM

R34 Still waiting for all these options you claim you told us about.

by Anonymousreply 36July 1, 2024 2:34 PM

R36 no you aren’t.

by Anonymousreply 37July 1, 2024 2:44 PM

no one is really to blame for a person's cognitive decline, but the Dems are perhaps to blame for trying to gaslight everyone into thinking into thinking it wasn't happening. They had 3 years to come up with a better candidate to run against Trump.

by Anonymousreply 38July 1, 2024 2:51 PM

[quote]They had 3 years to come up with a better candidate to run against Trump.

I think it's actually better to spring a (relatively) youthful and sharp and (relatively) little known candidate, to use the element of surprise, the sense of "suddenly, a fresh choice" who can run mostly by showing himself as smart and agile against Trump -- a candidate that gives Democrats and Independents a choice they hadn't considered and robs from Republicans the boogeyman of Biden as the most wicked person in the world (well, beside Hillary Clinton and her emails and Pizzagate.)

Of course the problem with this idea is that Democrats want to blow the dust off some old codger for whom this might be the last chance to run for the office (before Death takes that chance away). How they do love the "deserving candidate whose time has arrived" over the candidate who might win and who hasn't made everyone sick of their name and only too aware of all their past scandals and missteps.

It just could work if only Biden would bow out of consideration gracefully and promise to serve only until the end of the year. But that will be bungled as badly as his first debate.

by Anonymousreply 39July 1, 2024 3:25 PM

That all sounds like complete fantasy r39, and the fact that you can't even name some obvious alternative is part of the problem here. And the problems continue. First, pretty much everybody starts by dismissing Kamala Harris, often in favor of a white guy. So, do we honestly think that won't piss off a lot of black and female Democrats? Desperately needed voters this November.

And this new candidate had better be instantly great on TV. One big stumble and we're back to square one, wondering if the candidate can really go the distance. And of course, the media will be working overtime to find anything shady in his past that they can latch onto for shits and giggles. Hopefully something petty and stupid that they can all gas on about without having to do any complicated explanations. And on top of that. Who is this guy? Why did THEY pick him, and what did he have to promise THEM to get it. We already have one loon all over these threads, sure that the Illuminati have it all planned out (well, other than that whole Nikki Haley gets the Republican nomination part). Now we'll have dozens sure that it's all some big plot.

I think we're stuck with our deeply wounded candidate. That sucks. It sucks how badly he did at the debate. But he remains the only real nominee, chosen in the primaries. He is going to have to work hard and get the hell out there, and show that the debate was a fluke. And we will have to work hard to remind people that the alternative is Trump and his merry band of fascists. Yes, it's an anti-Trump not pro-Biden election, of course. That's where we are. We do have one big thing on our side: the very limited attention span of the great and good American people.

by Anonymousreply 40July 1, 2024 4:29 PM

Biden is Hindenburg, Trump is Hitler, and the Supreme Court just delivered the Enabling Act. The surviving Biden family will be in camps within 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 41July 1, 2024 4:55 PM

R40 is waiting in line to board the cattle cars. Because it sucks, but what can you do?

by Anonymousreply 42July 1, 2024 5:03 PM

R39: Do you not realize that the Dem establishment would ONLY permit woman-of-color Harris to run? There is NO other choice possible (unless Harris agrees).

by Anonymousreply 43July 1, 2024 5:07 PM

Yeah, whatever r42, nitwit.

by Anonymousreply 44July 1, 2024 5:11 PM

[quote] So, do we honestly think that won't piss off a lot of black and female Democrats?

No.

She’s really not popular.

Obama still won despite the PUMAs and Hillary had a lot of people who were DEVOTED to her. No such loyalty exists to Harris. She is a nonentity, largely due to Biden’s failure to develop her - which given that the argument the campaign is giving against Biden stepping down is that she’s weak - appears to have been intentional.

by Anonymousreply 45July 1, 2024 5:11 PM

Does no one remember during the 2020 primaries Biden was a laughing stock and fading fast. When the Dems realized the other jokers running for office were zero threat to Trump they got behind Biden, a known commodity. He was supposed to run for one term to save the soul of our nation and then gracefully bow out.

He and his power-hungry wife need to step aside for the good of the country.

Here's a Politico article from 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 1, 2024 8:19 PM

If it were mid 2023 and Trump were not running I would be all for an alternative candidate to Biden. But we have 4 months to go and there is no viable alternative candidate to Biden that can beat Trump. Biden is an established and known quantity that cannot be substituted.

by Anonymousreply 47July 1, 2024 8:22 PM

Yeah. That was Joe's problem.

by Anonymousreply 48July 1, 2024 8:25 PM

Then R47, he has to get rid of Kamala. There would be less anxiety among the base and independents if he had chosen a VP based on accomplishment instead of bowing to identity politics.

by Anonymousreply 49July 1, 2024 8:49 PM

That will be the best thing to come out of this: he'll get a brandnew, dynamic campaign staff.

by Anonymousreply 50July 1, 2024 8:51 PM

Is anything that they are saying incorrect?

by Anonymousreply 51July 1, 2024 9:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 1, 2024 9:25 PM

You can't signal that you are a one term POTUS because it totally weakens your negotiating power and ability to carry out the duties of y our office. Not just getting legislation thru Congress but also with foreign leaders. And to those who insist "no one likes KAmala' tell that to her harmy of sorority sisters the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority and the Deltas which is the other huge Black Sorority...oh, and HBCU ALums. LOL! So much of what I hear is mostly from patronizing White folks who want to talk about how they know better, it's about how unlikable Kamala is, and they want a woman but not her. Same shit they said about Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 53July 1, 2024 10:00 PM

Men (black or white) don't want to have to deal with uppity women (black or white) who are smarter than them, R53.

by Anonymousreply 54July 1, 2024 10:08 PM

60% of viewers thought Trump won, only 20% thought Biden did. Taking guidance from the liars who propped up Biden the last two years is insanity defined. We cannot listen to the Biden hacks who have zero incentive or desire to tell the truth.

by Anonymousreply 55July 1, 2024 10:20 PM

Certainly, Kamala wants Biden to continue. If he drops out before the election, she will not be the Democratic nominee; if he drops one way or another after he's re-elected, she will be President.

by Anonymousreply 56July 1, 2024 10:37 PM

Does anyone on this thread (or the other 13,568 other threads identical to this one), or in the MSM even REMEMBER 1968? When far-leftists, anti-war activists, the MSM, and even a large swaths of Black Americans all clamored for LBJ to resign at most; at least not run for a 2nd full term, "for the good of the Democratic Party."

Guess what--THEY got their wish.

Guess what happened next?

by Anonymousreply 57July 1, 2024 10:55 PM

Nixon started the EPA He wasn't that bad of a president except for the Watergate thing. Nixon wasn't that conservative. Not like conservatives now.

by Anonymousreply 58July 1, 2024 10:58 PM

R57 And LBJ announced he was dropping out of the presidential race on March 18, 1968. There were already two viable Democratic candidates running, Eugene McCarthy and RFK. Hubert Humphrey joined the race in April. RFK was assassinated in June, and Humphrey became the front runner and then the nominee. Momentum is very important in a presidential race, almost as much as the party platform. Any replacement for Biden will be at a great disadvantage. So long as Biden's performance at the debate is due to a bad night and not due to a cognitive decline, we should all stand behind him.

by Anonymousreply 59July 2, 2024 12:03 AM

RFK Would have won had he not been killed.

by Anonymousreply 60July 2, 2024 12:09 AM

Or I should say murdered.

by Anonymousreply 61July 2, 2024 12:09 AM

R59 I Remember and the fact is Mc Carthy was not ever a "viable candidate." No way. And Bobby was dead by June 6th. Humphrey was the only thing left. Nixon won. If he were living to day he would have been part of the George Bush/Dick Cheney wing. Did you know the George Wallace got 46 electoral votes in 1968? Yeah. We were fractured because of Vietnam. We had the Draft back then. We have some controversies about the Palestinians today, but it is not nearly at the scale of the protest and rioting of 1968. And when you get down to it, we do not have the draft and no American Soldiers have been deployed to fight in a war. People vote based mostly on economic issues. Because people are always afraid.Always worried about the economy. That is #1. And people are easily manipulated by their fears. The second thing people fear is crime. So Trump tying immigrants to crime is a no brainer. He and the GOP love to scare people. Divide people and offer NOTHING. The tax cuts he is proposing the deregulation? it isn't about us. It has nothing to do with our lives. The Republicans will do NOTHING for us. And you better pray like hell we keep the Senate because there are going to be two seats opening on the SCOTUS.

by Anonymousreply 62July 2, 2024 12:15 AM

RFK had the name and legacy but I still think he would have lost against Humphrey / Muskee bill in the primaries unless he joined forces with Eugene McCarthy .

by Anonymousreply 63July 2, 2024 12:17 AM

I don't know but all I remember was it was my first vote and it hit me especially hard. It made me even more cynical than I already was. We will never know if he would have won or not.

by Anonymousreply 64July 2, 2024 12:22 AM

R63 that was never going to happen. Being against the war was McCarthy's one issue. Period. And he was out there with it long before Bobby. But McCarthy had the personality of a dishrag and he was an arrogant son of a bitch. Abrasive and insisted he was an intellectually superior being. Horrible personality. Bobby jumped in because he knew McCarthy couldn't get the delegate support to win. Bobby was his brother's wrangler at the 1960 Democratic Convention. And in 1962 and 1963 he was already doing the leg work for JFK's re election. So nailing down delegate support was something he knew how to do. Bobby getting in the race in March of 1968 was the straw the b roke LBJ's resolve. He bowed out which in hindsight was about the dumbest thing he could have done. LBJ knew how to call in favors. He could have fought Bobby for the nomination.It would have been bloody but LBJ would have prevailed. But of course then Bobby died. LBJ should have decided to come back in, but he would have lost face. I think his ego stopped him. Things were too far along.

by Anonymousreply 65July 2, 2024 1:50 AM

Get Buttigieg to help him, Pete is great at debating. I have seen clips of him on FOX news where he blows them away.

by Anonymousreply 66July 2, 2024 1:58 AM

r18 I would vote for Biden's corpse before I vote for a Repug.

But let's be realistic, he proved right every "Sleepy Joe" "he had dementia" claim by the Deplorables. The way he had his mouth open while listening to Trump and the mumbling mixed up words made a terrible impression. He really blew it.

by Anonymousreply 67July 2, 2024 2:04 AM

Even Democrats are completely ignoring Trump dementia and incoherence that we have been witnessing for the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 68July 2, 2024 2:07 AM

I agree with The Family. Joe stays but his debate team goes. They messed up.

by Anonymousreply 69July 2, 2024 2:11 AM

And worse, r68, his debate performance proved that the media and Biden’s staff were lying to us to cover up his condition. Back when there could have been more robust primaries.

They ran the clock down, and now are insisting there’s not time to replace him. And why would anyone want to replace someone who 72% of Americans don’t think is mentally capable of the job?

by Anonymousreply 70July 2, 2024 2:12 AM

Carl Bernstein was on CNN saying people around Biden have been going to Ron Klein for a year saying he was deteriorating and Klein and the family didn't want to know about it.

by Anonymousreply 71July 2, 2024 3:28 AM

and many are blaming Jill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 2, 2024 3:36 AM

R58 neefs to DIAGF!!

by Anonymousreply 73July 2, 2024 4:21 AM

Sky News, r72?

Do try harder.

by Anonymousreply 74July 2, 2024 4:24 AM

Do try watching it R74

by Anonymousreply 75July 2, 2024 5:50 AM

btw R74 did Sky News lie to us like much of the mainstream media?

by Anonymousreply 76July 2, 2024 5:52 AM

A pack of lies!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 2, 2024 6:06 AM

R59, March 31, 1968.

by Anonymousreply 78July 2, 2024 6:25 AM

[quote]So long as Biden's performance at the debate is due to a bad night and not due to a cognitive decline, we should all stand behind him.

Look at news clips of Biden for the last year or two and you will see some evidence if an aware and focused Biden, but you will also see lots of evidence of a Biden who seems to not know quite where he is or what he is supposed to be saying. This problem is rather clearly accelerating not improving.

I would vote for a turnip before I voted for Trump, but that's not far off the truth of the choice

by Anonymousreply 79July 2, 2024 6:51 AM

He's old, Bla, Bla, Bla, we know that, you cant beat a dead horse. It's not going to change anyone's mind. The one thing I learned form MAGA is never turn your back on your own guy, no matter what people say about him. [bold]Biden has my vote! 💙💙💙💙

by Anonymousreply 80July 2, 2024 7:21 AM

[quote] Carl Bernstein was on CNN saying people around Biden have been going to Ron Klein for a year saying he was deteriorating and Klein and the family didn't want to know about it.

Bernstein says there have been 15-20 occasions in the past year and a half where Biden appeared similar to the way he appeared during the debate. He says there has been a marked decline in the past 6 months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 2, 2024 7:24 AM

After what we've seen happening at the Supreme Court t his month, especially in the past two weeks, I have a bad feeling that it almost doesn't matter whether Biden or Kamala or WTFever runs on the Democratic side, the fix is in and the activist court populated by corrupt extremists will decide this election for the Extreme Right. Even now in every single state the Republicans are doing everything they can to set up the mechanisms to make election results invalid if they don't like them. I am serious. Go state by state and check out the "new" rules or the rules already in place. Republican dominated state legislatures have been "fixing " the game. It's 4:30 AM where I am right now and I woke up an hour ago out of a sound sleep with anxieties through the roof. This shit is very bad. Very bad.

by Anonymousreply 82July 2, 2024 8:33 AM

R81 YAAAAAWN.

by Anonymousreply 83July 2, 2024 9:34 AM

Republicans can only win when they cheat R82. Unfortunately they have been doing a lot of that the last few years. Don't give up, FIGHT! Get active, do someone for your country, talk to a friend, co-worker who is leaning right but still not totally Trumpy, their minds are made up. Even if you convince one person to vote for Biden or just not vote for Trump, you did a good thing. You will sleep better at night.

by Anonymousreply 84July 2, 2024 9:38 AM

R82, I am an activist. I have been for years. But the recent Supreme Court ruling has demoralized me in a way I have never fe lt before. THis is beyond discouragement. This almost resignation. See, I can cope with the usual bullshit of the psy-ops that campaigns engage in. And I can cope with the dumb assed media promoting one side over the other. I've seen it before and I always urge others not to fall for it. But this is different. These fucking Neo Nazis are going to used the law, bad laws, to enact their coup. I agree with you. I am not going to stop working to get the Democratic wins. I would like to make their victories, where ever they happen, very costly. But I am going to say this to everyone. We have to fight dirty. No more going high. We have to kick their asses everywhere, all the time. Everything's on the table.

by Anonymousreply 85July 2, 2024 12:54 PM

Now that this ruling has been made and published, this court knows full well that it is not exclusive to Trump but that it would apply to any President. Since this court is a MAGA Court, in which life time do you believe they will allow a Democrat or any other non fascist to assume the PResidency? They are solidifying their power. Courts , legislative and executive. All the levers of government, including the military will be compromised. We did not finish the job in 2020. We should have never allowed the House to go to them. We are looking at the toughest Senate races possible this year and if we lose the Senate we are fucked. The Senate is the only way to stop this. And of course we need leadership from the WH. I never thought I would say this, but given the ruling on immunity, I would urge B iden to bow out.ASAP. Between Biden and MErrick Garland, the entire period post -insurrection was totally mishandled. The members of Congress 147 of them, who voted against Biden's presidency being certified should have been expelled. The rioters should have been arrested en masse and incarcerated while awaiting trial, at some military base in the coldest region around. I remember there was an abandoned military base in the Upper peninsula of Michigan that would suit. Biden should have appointed a special military Tribunal to handle the trials, and Trump should have been the first one in hand cuffs. But now if we can hold the senate with an aggressive POTUS, we can reform the court. First by expanding it, then by passing laws to put Clarence, Sam, and the rest of those extremist fuckers, including Roberts, in jail. We talk a lot about "saving our democracy." But no one has taken any meaningful action and moved with urgency. If we don't move now when will we? All of this hinges on Biden bowing out. He reminds me of an old prize fighter. He has no fist in his glove.

by Anonymousreply 86July 2, 2024 3:13 PM

Biden';s family is delusional. He needs to do what Nixon did. Biden asked his family what he should do according to reports. But Nixon didn't. Nixon TOLD his family he was resigning.

by Anonymousreply 87July 2, 2024 3:15 PM

[quote]he way he had his mouth open while listening to Trump and the mumbling mixed up words made a terrible impression. He really blew it.---------Even Democrats are completely ignoring Trump dementia and incoherence that we have been witnessing for the last few years.

BOTH of these statements are correct

by Anonymousreply 88July 2, 2024 3:20 PM

"Nixon TOLD his family he was resigning."

Nixon TOLD his family he was resigning after he was TOLD by Henry Kissinger and others that Nixon's presidency was DOA.

I just wanted to add a historical little tidbit that R86 conveniently forgot to include.

by Anonymousreply 89July 2, 2024 3:21 PM

[quote] The members of Congress 147 of them, who voted against Biden's presidency being certified should have been expelled.

this I agree with

by Anonymousreply 90July 2, 2024 3:21 PM

[quote]Biden';s family is delusional.

I keep reading on the DL about "biden's family". like jill? Hunter? I'm sure none of them need to have him in office. what are you going on about? I need receipts

by Anonymousreply 91July 2, 2024 3:22 PM

Actually, when Nixon knew he had to resign, he spoke with daughters Julie and Tricia, not with wife Pat.

Both daughters encouraged him to fight, but he knew it was hopeless.

It was Julie who broke the news to Pat, Nixon couldn’t bear to tell her himself.

by Anonymousreply 92July 2, 2024 3:28 PM

Nixon’s farewell to the WH staff.

No matter what you thought of Nixon, this was very moving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 2, 2024 3:30 PM

My apologies to R86. It was R87 who made the stupid remark, not R86.

by Anonymousreply 94July 2, 2024 3:31 PM

R89 I didn't forget to include it. In fact, in addition to Kissinger, Nixon was told by a delegation of Senators, Barry Goldwater among them, that the votes weren't there., he would get impeached and he would get convicted in the Senate and he ought to cut his losses instead of toughing it out and damaging the party. The point I was trying to make was singularly focused on family dynamics. These reports of Biden's family wanting him t o stay,, and him "consulting " with them, was a contrast to Nixon who told his family he was leaving office.

by Anonymousreply 95July 2, 2024 3:35 PM

I love how he’s supposedly taking advice from his crackhead son. A paragon of good judgement for sure.

by Anonymousreply 96July 2, 2024 3:42 PM

r96 eats bloody stools...

by Anonymousreply 97July 2, 2024 3:45 PM

I’m just calling it like I see it. Jimmy Carter didn’t bring his brother in for strategy sessions.

by Anonymousreply 98July 2, 2024 3:46 PM

Jill has been enabling Joe and continues to do so. ‘We Will Decide Our Future’ is chilling now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 2, 2024 3:49 PM

She’s the new Edith Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 100July 2, 2024 3:57 PM

She’s the new Nancy Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 101July 2, 2024 4:00 PM

R98, If the late Billy Carter only knew that his daughter married Van Jones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 2, 2024 4:02 PM

Scathing.

[quote] “The fact is, there wasn’t an open dialogue about whether he should run except for the people who would benefit from him running,” said a Democratic operative close to the campaign. They described the inner circle, Donilon especially, as convinced “that this was going to be about Trump, not about Biden, and at the end of the day, people just wouldn’t vote for Trump. But here we are, we’re sitting in July, and the race is about Biden, and it’s about a trait you can’t fix.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103July 2, 2024 5:42 PM

Watching her take him down the stairs after the debate......inject that right into my veins.

by Anonymousreply 104July 2, 2024 6:29 PM

????

by Anonymousreply 105July 2, 2024 6:33 PM

If this is to be done right then there needs to be an informal group of people he trusts, like maybe Obama, and a couple of others, and they need to tell him he must get a medical exam. He should be assessed by a doctor and then based on that, make a decision. It has to be clean and clear.

by Anonymousreply 106July 2, 2024 7:04 PM

but he has had a medical exam done. several. he's just been lying to you about the results.

by Anonymousreply 107July 2, 2024 7:06 PM

For some reason I keep reading this headline as some type of sordid love affair with a top in Biden’s family.

by Anonymousreply 108July 2, 2024 10:50 PM

[quote]Biden';s family is delusional.

Have you met the Trump Crime Family?

by Anonymousreply 109July 2, 2024 11:02 PM

The grandkids have spoken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110July 2, 2024 11:16 PM

He probably asked them too.

by Anonymousreply 111July 2, 2024 11:30 PM

If Kamala weren’t a woman of color, she wouldn’t have progressed as far as she has.

This hasn’t worked out very well, has it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112July 3, 2024 10:56 AM

If Trump weren't an ostensibly 'Wealthy", White, Male, he'd have never gotten past the "grab them by the pussy" remark.

And yet, Trump, being a Wealthy, White, Male has worked out very well for him, hasn't it?

I love how all of a sudden Harris is subject to performance and ability standards when Donald "Inject Bleach" Trump has been allowed to thrive with none.

by Anonymousreply 113July 3, 2024 11:03 AM

R109, this thread is about the Bidens. Read the title, stupid.

by Anonymousreply 114July 3, 2024 11:36 AM

The playbook for attacking HArris is old and stale. It was used exhaustively to attack Hillary. Fool me once, shame on you. We won't be fooled twice.

by Anonymousreply 115July 3, 2024 1:05 PM

Are Hunter and Jill not fucking smart enough to see the writing on the wall? Is 4 more years in the White House that charming to them? It's time to hide papa's car keys guys.

by Anonymousreply 116July 3, 2024 1:11 PM

[quote] Are Hunter and Jill not fucking smart enough to see the writing on the wall?

You don’t understand rich people.

Why would Jill give up four more years of taxpayer funded servants?

If Joe isn’t POTUS, she may have to take his crap stained underwear to the laundromat herself. Imagine Jill sitting in the laundromat, smoking a ciggie and watching the dryer go round and round while “All By Myself” plays on the staticky radio that’s not quite tuned to the station. That’s what Jill imagines her life to be.

by Anonymousreply 117July 3, 2024 1:50 PM

Jill is fine, you're fabricating the whole thing

by Anonymousreply 118July 3, 2024 2:25 PM

R117 that's cute but the Bidens have tons of money. As former First Lady, she'll write a book and she'll have all kinds of offers and possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 119July 3, 2024 2:39 PM

R119, r117 posts like he is talking about an again upper east side society girl in 1943.

by Anonymousreply 120July 3, 2024 2:44 PM

Obviously, the Bidens want to keep the cash pipelines flowing. Hunter has made millions from the Chinese and Ukrainians, so why stop the good times?

by Anonymousreply 121July 3, 2024 2:48 PM

I don't know if Hunter and Jill are smart enough, but I guarantee they've been fucking, and for a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 122July 3, 2024 2:49 PM

R122 ????????????

Lawdamercy. And if that bomb you just dropped has any ounce of truth you need to spill the tea. Don’t worry we will protect you here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 123July 3, 2024 2:53 PM

There's a savagery to the attacks on Jill. It's shameful. She is doing what all wives...or most wives of politicians do. YOu have no idea what really goes on in their relationship or what she tells him. Attacking Jill is unjustified. Totally out of line. But this is the way you can tell there is a Republican signature to all this hand wringing. And BTW yes, there is definitely going to be a difference to what some people say privately to what they say publicly, but these headlined breathless stories about what the Dem leaders are say8ing privately, is designed to undermine and divide, and sow distrust .

by Anonymousreply 124July 3, 2024 4:05 PM

Barbara Sinatra pushed Frank to keep performing even though it was obvious he was in cognitive decline.

Jill Biden is doing the same with Joe.

by Anonymousreply 125July 3, 2024 4:09 PM

R124, it is very simple and very clear, Jill doesn't give a flying fuck about our country. She's been covering for him for a long time and betraying us in the process. Also, she's just his fucking wife, she is totally overly involved in the media and in the whole masquerade. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 126July 3, 2024 4:58 PM

Fuck off, r126 and get your Trump licking ass back to Truth Social, or whatever his internet cesspool is called.

r124, I agree with you, but, Jill ought to be figuring out with Joe he bows out.

by Anonymousreply 127July 3, 2024 5:48 PM

how he bows out^

by Anonymousreply 128July 3, 2024 5:49 PM

[quote]that's cute but the Bidens have tons of money. As former First Lady, she'll write a book and she'll have all kinds of offers and possibilities.

The Clintons were so cash strapped, they went on a "speaking tour". They were giving tickets away and the Clintons had to go back to grifting with their Global initiative.

by Anonymousreply 129July 3, 2024 8:40 PM

Bill & Hill Tour

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130July 3, 2024 8:41 PM

About that NY Post, r130...

by Anonymousreply 131July 3, 2024 8:42 PM

R131 What is false in the article?

by Anonymousreply 132July 3, 2024 8:45 PM

[quote][R131] What is false in the article?

Nothing, it's just not on the DataLounge approved news source.

by Anonymousreply 133July 3, 2024 8:48 PM

Of course you'd go there, r132. It's a right wing tabloid rag. Why would you link to or believe something that comes out of a right wing tabloid rag?

by Anonymousreply 134July 3, 2024 8:49 PM

[quote]Why would you link to or believe something that comes out of a right wing tabloid rag?

Right wing tabloid rags have been saying for months that Joe Biden is not mentally fit for a second term. We all saw it during the debate. A broken clock is right twice a day.

by Anonymousreply 135July 3, 2024 8:53 PM

The taped Biden interview with Stephanopoulos is only going to be fifteen(15) minutes in length, a stipulation made by the White House.

by Anonymousreply 136July 3, 2024 10:45 PM

Surely the White House is limiting the length because Biden is just so busy!

This gaslighting is why many of us Democratic faithfuls are furious. The Biden campaign put their own interests above the nation.

by Anonymousreply 137July 3, 2024 10:51 PM

R146, We’ll need to see the outtakes.

by Anonymousreply 138July 3, 2024 10:53 PM

You know they desperate when a spend an operative to come back and post the future.

by Anonymousreply 139July 3, 2024 11:02 PM

R138 is Joe

by Anonymousreply 140July 3, 2024 11:55 PM

There were problems long before the debate J

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141July 4, 2024 4:18 AM

Friday evening the day after July 4th?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142July 4, 2024 5:09 AM

“I know what we’ll do, we’ll dismiss the advisors!”

by Anonymousreply 143July 4, 2024 5:47 AM

Coming soon to a bookstore near you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 4, 2024 5:30 PM

Two critical flaws of Biden: 1) his inability to articulate his accomplishments, assets and skills; and ) his inability to aggressively read Trump to filth at every opportunity. These will be his downfall.

If he is unable to speak for himself then he needs to send out a team of emissaries to do the job. Or all they will have is "I'm Not Trump".

by Anonymousreply 145July 4, 2024 5:51 PM

A team of emissaries would not help him on a debate stage.

by Anonymousreply 146July 4, 2024 5:54 PM

[quote]his inability to aggressively read Trump to filth at every opportunity.

This would be unnecessary if he had anything for #1. All he would have to say is: "Trump is a loudmouth while I'm assuring that Americans can afford groceries." But he can't do that, so he gets into fights with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 147July 4, 2024 8:04 PM

[quote] If he is unable to speak for himself then he needs to send out a team of emissaries to do the job.

If he does that, it will be obvious to Trump, the media, and everyone else that he's sending out the surrogates because he's not capable of doing the job himself. He'll become known as "Hidin' Biden." And people will wonder: "If ____ (Newsom, Whitmer, Buttigieg, etc.) are so much better than Biden at this, why aren't THEY the ones running for president?"

by Anonymousreply 148July 4, 2024 9:36 PM

I said in another thread that I wondered if someone was setting Joe up..I read yesterday that at the debate he was set up. They angled the camera on him from the side so it always looked like his head was hanging down and they put the camera straight on for Trump. They never adjusted Joe's mike for sound so it sounded like he was weak when he spoke. Everything from here on in is a set up against Joe.

by Anonymousreply 149July 4, 2024 9:57 PM

They definitely screwed with the lighting.

by Anonymousreply 150July 4, 2024 10:03 PM

OP R2 R4 R11 R18 R73

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 4, 2024 10:26 PM

R149 is a mental case.

by Anonymousreply 152July 4, 2024 11:03 PM

[quote]Jill Biden is doing the same with Joe.

MAGAT ALERT.

I see this same talking point on Fox YouTube sites that have anything to do with Biden. They are trying to frame it as "elder abuse". A-holes making shit up like they always do.

by Anonymousreply 153July 4, 2024 11:33 PM

Typical MAGA talking points, if you point something wrong, make shit up about the other guy so you can say both sides do it.

NO both sided are not the same. Jill is not pushing Biden to do anything. Contrast that with Trump's sexcapade with a porn star and playboy bunny as his son is just becoming an adult IS THE REAL ABUSE. How humiliating to have the whole world know your father cheated on your mother right after you were born. And then comes out in the news right as you hit the dating age. Not to mention daddy's rape charges.

by Anonymousreply 154July 4, 2024 11:37 PM

In the past week or so Biden has revealed what we all feared/wondered/suspected: he's feeble as fuck and has only who knows how many "good" hours in a day.

And in the past days he's revealed that he's stubborn as fuck in denying that he's anything short of fit as a fiddle and the perfect man to campaign vigorously and be president for another four years.

He's blown it. He's not fit for the campaign, he's not fit for the job. No matter that even a hugely befuddled old vegetable is a vastly better president than Trump, he's not up to the magical illusion of campaigning, or inspiring confidence, of inspiring voters.

O don't care if he remains as president, but step aside from campaigning for a second term and let someone with a chance have a chance. The stakes are too high for the proud to stick stubbornly to plan when the plan is a doddering old geezer who doesn't know where he is or what he's supposed to be doing.

Buy sure, an 8.00 bedtime is going to solve all.

by Anonymousreply 155July 4, 2024 11:43 PM

R80 R83 R84 R109 R153 R154

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156July 4, 2024 11:47 PM

Trolls and MAGAts are out in force. Russian Chinese and Iranian bots from troll farms, all doing the same thing. Now they are reporting "Obama tells allies he is concerned..." First of all Obama is notoriously close about what he tells anyone, and no true ally would report what Obama said to them. Whitmer came right out and denied what they 'quoted" her as saying. This shit is on steroids. And no matter what Biden says or does, even if he bows out, the media and the trolls will keep pounding the Democrat. they don't want a Democrat in the White House. Russia, China and the Middle East do better when they have their pawns in the Republican PArty in place.

by Anonymousreply 157July 5, 2024 1:16 AM

A lot of Democratic politicians are saying one thing in public and another thing in private. Publicly, they're insisting that Biden is just fine and had a "bad night," while privately, they're freaking out and trying to find a way to get Biden to drop out. I wouldn't trust any of their public statements right now.

by Anonymousreply 158July 5, 2024 1:23 AM

From what I now understand, Biden was dealing with several factors: Jet lag, lack of sleep, over prepping for the debate, a cold and sore throat, and he took cold med. At 81 all that was bound to take a toll on him. And yes, if he were 10 years younger he probably could have managed all that and still performed well at the debate. Personally, at age 60 just a cold with cold meds would have made be groggy and I would have trouble concentrating, because it has happened to me at work.

by Anonymousreply 159July 5, 2024 1:30 AM

[quote]Now they are reporting "Obama tells allies he is concerned..."

The Washington Post is even reporting that.

Gee those Russian bots are everywhere!

by Anonymousreply 160July 5, 2024 1:30 AM

Remember in 2020 when the Dems had 17 candidates, and he seemed to just push through when he initially seemed to be a more middling candidate? I just remember that debate stage was like a spelling bee and Marianne Williamson was there with her crystal ball?

by Anonymousreply 161July 5, 2024 1:32 AM

[quote]From what I now understand, Biden was dealing with several factors: Jet lag, lack of sleep, over prepping for the debate, a cold and sore throat, and he took cold med.

Are you really that gullible?

How do you suffer from jet lag when you've been back in the US for 12 days?

If he was exhausted and suffering from a cold, please explain to us why he was out and about immediately after the debate greeting people and ordering food at a crowded Waffle House?

by Anonymousreply 162July 5, 2024 1:34 AM

And he did not take cold medicine according to his spokeswoman. There is a video of Obama very recently walking Biden offstage with his hand on Bidens back as if he needed to be guided offstage. You can't tell me that Obama didn't know what was going on.

by Anonymousreply 163July 5, 2024 1:38 AM

[quote] Biden was dealing with several factors: Jet lag, lack of sleep, over prepping for the debate, a cold and sore throat, and he took cold med.

Here's Karine Jean-Pierre explicitly saying that he wasn't taking any cold medicine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164July 5, 2024 1:44 AM

Marianne dusted off her crystal ball last week:

"I foresee a year of miracles. I foresee a new beginning. I foresee tears to triumph. On a cold January day, through the mist on the Mall arrives a new political and spiritual savior, riding a humble burro and wearing a tasteful yak wool poncho. And the sun breaks through as she becomes the new president. Slender but strong, like the willow. Modest but wise, like the owl. Juices like wine, but hungry like the she-wolf. It is I, your Commander and Chief Marianne."

This vision of the future was paid for by Team Marianne 2024, Inc.

by Anonymousreply 165July 5, 2024 2:01 AM

R159, jet lag? He returned from a trip abroad two weeks before the debate. He know he's a very old, decrepit man, but a 90 year old could recover from jet lag sooner. Try another bullshit excuse. They are all fucking lying to you.

by Anonymousreply 166July 5, 2024 11:35 AM

[quote]A lot of Democratic politicians are saying one thing in public and another thing in private.

Have you met the Republicans?

Here is a little teaching moment, it does not matter what they say in private, it's what they do in public. They keep voting for Trump regardless of what they think in private. So it really does not matter what Democrats say in private either, it's what they do in public.

by Anonymousreply 167July 5, 2024 11:42 AM

For you R165

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 5, 2024 11:51 AM

[Quote] I agree with The Family. Joe stays but his debate team goes. They messed up.

Biden messed up. This IS a case of blame the messenger. What did the debate team do wrong? Biden's been in politics since 1973 and half a century later he's not prepared!!!

by Anonymousreply 169July 5, 2024 3:23 PM

Why on all the video footage of Biden from the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, etc. is there not even a hint of a stutter?

by Anonymousreply 170July 5, 2024 3:47 PM

Face it, we're in "Weekend at Bernie's" territory. The books that are going to come out about what was going on behind the scenes during this debacle are going to become legendary.

by Anonymousreply 171July 5, 2024 4:11 PM

These political dynasty families are not what Ametican politics is supposed to be all about. You just know they are doing it for the wealth.

by Anonymousreply 172July 5, 2024 5:51 PM

This whole scenario sounds so much like Kate-Gate in the UK, earlier this year.

by Anonymousreply 173July 5, 2024 8:19 PM

[quote] Sen. Mark R. Warner (D-Va.) is attempting to assemble a group of Democratic senators to ask President Biden to exit the presidential race, according to two people with direct knowledge of the effort.

[quote] Warner is telling Democratic senators that Biden can no longer remain in the election in the wake of his faltering debate performance, according to the people familiar with private conversations who spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak freely. Warner has told others that he is deeply concerned that Biden is not able to run a campaign that could beat former president Donald Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174July 5, 2024 9:05 PM

R174 that is not confirmed. His own office would not confirm it.

by Anonymousreply 175July 5, 2024 10:03 PM

[quote] His own office would not confirm it.

But his own office wouldn't deny it either. Their statement doesn't exactly sound like a ringing endorsement of Biden:

[quote] Warner spokeswoman Rachel Cohen would neither confirm nor deny that the senator thinks Biden needs to drop out of the race, instead issuing a statement that read, “Like many other people in Washington and across the country, Senator Warner believes these are critical days for the president’s campaign, and he has made that clear to the White House.”

by Anonymousreply 176July 5, 2024 10:11 PM

All the proves is that Sen. Mark R. Warner is on a power grab. Oh he wont confirm or deny it? What happened to transparency? If he truly believes the right thing to do is ask Biden to step down, why not be open about it.

by Anonymousreply 177July 5, 2024 10:17 PM

ABC Evening News just aired clips from this evening’s interview with Stephanopoulos.

Stephanopoulos: Did you watch the debate?

Biden: (Pause) I don’t think I did.

Multiple sources had reported that Biden watched a recording of the debate and was humiliated.

by Anonymousreply 178July 5, 2024 10:40 PM

Oh jesus, R178. Copious amounts of pot, here I come.

by Anonymousreply 179July 5, 2024 10:41 PM

Stephanopoulos to Trump: Did you sit in the dinning room next to the Oval office for 3 hours during the insurrection and not call the national guard? Oh wait, this never happened. Media loves Trump.

by Anonymousreply 180July 5, 2024 10:43 PM

Why has no journalist either in that debate or during this agonizingly long campaign, asked Donald trump who won the PResidential election of 2020?

by Anonymousreply 181July 5, 2024 11:25 PM

The "insurrection" excites highly partisan Democrats. Swing voters ... not so much.

by Anonymousreply 182July 5, 2024 11:45 PM

R182 WRONG. Stop spreading lies. 78% in Independents are very upset about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183July 5, 2024 11:51 PM

R181 The press has been protecting Biden for far too long; that's the problem. If Dems and the media had not been gaslighting us this wouldn't have blown up in their faces at this late date

" . . .half of Mr. Biden's 2020 voters don't think he should be running this year — and when they don't think so, they are less likely to say they'll turn out in 2024, and also more likely to pick someone else, either Trump or a third-party candidate."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184July 6, 2024 12:31 AM

[quote]Biden was dealing with several factors: Jet lag, lack of sleep, over prepping for the debate, a cold and sore throat, and he took cold med.

FFS, his last jet travel was to L.A. and back the next day -- 11 days before the debate. His two international trips were in mid June and the third week in June.

A sore throat makes him stare glassily off into the unknown, his bottom jaw halfway to the floor, and recall his Sojourner Biden adventures as a groundbreaking black woman?

To have sympathy for the man is one thing, to respect his past likewise, to defend his delusion that he's remotely a strong candidate is insane

by Anonymousreply 185July 6, 2024 12:34 AM

^^^ Their gaslighting is insulting. We.ve all had colds, experienced jet lag and have seen people suffering from dementia, and they are not remotely the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 186July 6, 2024 12:45 AM

I was expecting to see Trump hurl poop across the debate stage but now I think when it comes to who is going to be the first to do that both candidates are in a dead heat. However I still expect Trump to do it first because he only has to reach into his Depends, whereas it's not that straightforward for Joe.

by Anonymousreply 187July 6, 2024 1:11 AM

I don’t blame Biden. My mother has dementia, yet dreamed and argued about moving back to our hometown by herself where she would do all the things she used to do when she was younger. When she’d lose her keys or purse or forget what town she was in, she would joke it off. It must have been confusing and terrifying.

The people around Biden are responsible for concealing this.

by Anonymousreply 188July 6, 2024 1:22 AM

The difference is your mother did not have a huge team of seasoned professionals running the show keeping the trains running on time in the first place. It really would not matter if your month had a company running on it's own and she cant remember where her keys were, the company will still get the job done like they always have. It's a very minor issue at that point.

I have actually seen CEOs who started companies and got to that point. I have even been warned before going into a meeting by someone on the staff to just let the speak, we will talk about the details after the meeting. Nothing bad happens. they just wait until the guy gets so old he decides not to come in anymore. Had no negative effect on company profits or success at all. Basically a figurehead, which is what the President, any President of America really is.

by Anonymousreply 189July 6, 2024 1:45 AM

If we just need a figurehead, why do we need Biden? He’s unpopular, not recognized for his achievements, and in decline. The idea that anyone would say the candidate doesn’t matter even if he is mentally incapable is shocking.

by Anonymousreply 190July 6, 2024 1:49 AM

Biden was more popular t than ALL the others who ran for president so I don't know where you are getting your information. In fact he got more votes for president than any other in history. Reagan was more of a populist figurehead if you really want to be honest about it.

by Anonymousreply 191July 6, 2024 1:52 AM

and Joe's and Kamala's approval ratings in every poll have been consistently low for nearly 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 192July 6, 2024 1:53 AM

R191, popular in 2020 is not the same as popular in 2024. 75% of Democrats want a new candidate. Had Biden done a debate or town hall, he would have shown his deterioration in January or February. But his staff did not have faith in his ability to do that, just as their answer to a poor debate was not a press conference or live interview.

This cover up is incredibly damaging to Democrats. If they are gaslighting us over the president’s mental health, what other lies are they telling?

by Anonymousreply 193July 6, 2024 2:00 AM

Power's a helluva drug.

by Anonymousreply 194July 6, 2024 2:29 AM

Ronald Reagan had Alzheimer's while he was President. I know for a fact he often forgot the names of members of his cabinet. I know people who met him at the WH and spoke to him, and he was mentally deficient. His staff and the Media covered it up. Members of Congress covered it up. They knew. This is about Biden's foreign policy. Period. It is about NATO members meeting in Washington, D.C., and it is about Biden adopting a harder line with Netanyahu. Guys like Ari Emanuel are pissed about Israel, and he gives it away when the come out with their threats and ultimatums. Putin wants to destroy NATO. He wants a weak United States and a weakened Europe. The war in Ukraine is hurting his economy. Putin is actually the connecting thread. He bankrolled HAMAS to attack Israel financing it through Iran. Iran is also supplying him with weapons for his war in Ukraine. He has borrowed ridiculous amounts of $$ from China and China is in trouble with a weakened economy. They regret their support of Putin. Getting Trump back in the White House and getting control of both the Senate and the House will solve a lot of Putin's problems. And he and Trump may be Anti- Jews, but they hate Muslims more.

by Anonymousreply 195July 6, 2024 2:53 AM

My favorite Reagan gaffe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 6, 2024 5:12 AM

Here's Reagan who was then the oldest President responding to a question regarding his age in a debate with Mondale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197July 6, 2024 5:43 AM

The day Reagan left office in January of 1989, he was 77 years old.

by Anonymousreply 198July 6, 2024 6:15 AM

^^^ and in comparison, Biden looks like he's well into his 90s.

by Anonymousreply 199July 6, 2024 6:23 AM

Reagan destroyed the economy for the average person with his bullshit Trickle-down economics, closed the mental institutions and seeded the massive homeless problem, and turned back the clock on clean energy like solar and electric and wind. So there is that.

by Anonymousreply 200July 6, 2024 9:13 AM

Yeah, but I got some swell designer clothes and lots of nice china, R200.

by Anonymousreply 201July 6, 2024 10:23 AM

Give back all the red dresses Nancy, they were on loan. We told you that when you took them.

by Anonymousreply 202July 6, 2024 12:01 PM

Exactly, R200. He also cut the budget for public housing by 75% which helped create the homeless problem. I worked in local government during Reagan and we had families living in their cars and lining up for food a parish soup kitchens. It was horrible.

by Anonymousreply 203July 6, 2024 3:19 PM

There is an excellent 4-5 part series on Ronald Reagan on Showtime, it's a documentary, and it is excellent. A real eye-opener. His affability masked a real rotten son of a bitch. I find it interesting that for Reagan the HIV/AIDS crisis in his mind affected only Gays so he had a so what attitude, and for Trump COVID originally was portrayed as a virus affecting mostly the elderly and the poor and disadvantaged who had little access to healthcare, etc. so his attitude was so what? In both instances, they felt all the "right people" would be spared.

by Anonymousreply 204July 6, 2024 3:22 PM

R203, And he declared ketchup a vegetable.

by Anonymousreply 205July 6, 2024 3:36 PM

I forgot Bush Senior was Reagan's VP.

by Anonymousreply 206July 7, 2024 12:13 AM

[quote] And he declared ketchup a vegetable.

Not quite. During his administration, after cuts to funding for school lunches, the USDA reclassified foods. Someone or someones proposed counting ketchup and pickles as vegetables. It was an ugly, mean-spirited time.

by Anonymousreply 207July 7, 2024 3:45 PM

[Quote] He also cut the budget for public housing by 75% which helped create the homeless problem. I worked in local government during Reagan and we had families living in their cars and lining up for food a parish soup kitchens. It was horrible.

and 4 decades later what has any President: Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump, Biden done to effect change?

by Anonymousreply 208July 7, 2024 4:27 PM

Well, Congress stopped working shortly thereafter (thanks to Newt).

by Anonymousreply 209July 7, 2024 4:29 PM

R209 so, there's been no change of congressional leadership since Newt served as speaker of the House from 1995-1999?

by Anonymousreply 210July 7, 2024 5:10 PM

He was a pioneer obstructionist, R210. Everyone since has followed his lead, up to and including refusing to seat a Supreme Court justice.

by Anonymousreply 211July 7, 2024 5:12 PM

When the Republicans are NOT in leadership they make daily business in Congress as difficult as possible.

by Anonymousreply 212July 7, 2024 5:15 PM

so, there's no reason to vote since everyone is helpless. Is that it?

by Anonymousreply 213July 7, 2024 5:16 PM

Uh, no, obviously the Republicans are more odious and I do vote against them, R213. But Congress doesn’t deliver much but defense dollars.

by Anonymousreply 214July 7, 2024 5:42 PM

[quote]so, there's been no change of congressional leadership since Newt served as speaker of the House from 1995-1999?

He PISSED in the punch bowl and it's been forever tainted. Both Republicans and Democrats said before he came along, at the end of the day, they all got along. They would go to each other's events, parties dinners, baseball games, understanding politics was not a personal attack. Now none of those guys even talk to each other in the halls except dirty looks or shouting matches.

by Anonymousreply 215July 7, 2024 10:30 PM

One person was responsible for all of that R215?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216July 8, 2024 1:17 AM

Why can't we all just get along?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217July 8, 2024 1:19 AM

Rob Reiner, hysterically shrieking, as always, that the sky is falling.

I think he fancies himself some sort of shadow President. He certainly thinks he's a major mover and shaker of American history.

by Anonymousreply 218July 8, 2024 1:34 AM

Unless you're in the room, with the entire Biden family, you have NO idea what's being discussed. Maybe they want the President to step down, maybe they want him to resign.

Jill Biden is damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. She just can't say she's against her husband, running again for office. Can you imagine the chaos it would cause? She and her family must stay the course. Biden should undergo medical testing from an independent doctor, not the White House physician. If the test results are poor, then Biden should resign. Vice President Harris will replace him. She can do the job and she can be elected! Also, she'll have the advantage of being an incumbent.

by Anonymousreply 219July 8, 2024 2:37 AM

[quote] 'It's Shakespearean': Long-simmering tensions between Biden's family and aides spill out

President Joe Biden’s family is attempting to become more involved in his campaign and White House affairs as their anger with his staff spills into public view.

“The debate fiasco has opened up a lane for the family to surpass staff and start helping out their father and brother who they love dearly,” one of the people with knowledge of family dynamics said.

The split between the president’s family and some of his closest aides has long been simmering, and his debate performance has exacerbated the dynamic, 13 sources familiar with the dynamics told NBC News. In the view of some Biden aides, the family is seizing on an opportunity to try to settle old scores. In the view of family members, the debate is the culmination of misguided advice from aides who they don’t believe have helped the president best showcase his political appeal.

The infighting has angered some Biden staffers, who have found the finger-pointing to be getting in the way of all-hands-on-deck approach needed to help the president battle this crisis.

“It’s not helpful,” one Biden campaign aide said. The view of some Biden allies is that the president’s aides are doing the bulk of managing and coordinating the post-debate strategy, while the family is approaching the situation more emotionally.

Another person close to the president said the Biden family is not seeing the political reality clearly.

“It’s Shakespearean,” this person said.

On Friday, Biden said he took full responsibility for his debate performance, saying in an interview with ABC News that it was “nobody’s fault but mine.”

Hunter Biden’s appearance in White House meetings this week was just one instance of what is expected to be a deeper Biden family involvement. The president’s sister, Valerie Owens, also traveled to Washington this week to join other family members at the White House and planned for face-to-face meetings about her brother’s campaign.

Biden family members have discussed whether he should fire senior White House adviser Anita Dunn and her husband, Bob Bauer, who is Biden’s personal lawyer, two people familiar with the matter said. Even so, four sources close to the Biden family said there is no active effort to shake up staffing right now. They said there is an effort among those close to the president to be measured, focused, thoughtful and deliberate.

“The president and first lady have full confidence in their team, including Anita and Bob,” White House chief of staff Jeff Zients said in a statement. “There is absolutely no truth to these unfounded and insulting rumors.”

Since the debate, Biden family members have felt that some of the president’s top aides in the White House and on the campaign have thrown the president under the bus rather than taking responsibility for what led to a catastrophic debate performance, according to one of the sources.

“I believe the family has witnessed blunder after blunder by key staff personnel, and the debate is likely the straw that broke the camel’s back,” the source said. “Post-debate, the supposed loyal staff, instead of taking responsibility, pointed the finger back at the president and said: ‘His fault.’ I can think of no other singular action that would agitate the Biden family more.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220July 8, 2024 9:43 AM

I dont recall electing Meat Head to office, why does his opinion matter? Sure he's entitled to think or say what he wants but why is it being elevated to party leader status with news articles? He's just a guy like the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 221July 8, 2024 11:08 AM

[quote] Some of us saw Biden as the catastrophe that was going to happen from way back, and for other reasons besides the most obvious one, but we got castigated every time the obvious was pointed out. Instead, fools like you allowed yourselves to be lied to repeatedly and on a daily basis, by Biden, the Administration, and the MSM which is clearly just the democratic party's mouthpieces, which is extremely dangerous for out country and democracy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222July 8, 2024 11:46 AM

[quote]He's just a guy like the rest of us.

No, he’s not like the rest of us. He grew up in privilege and never had to struggle to get what he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 223July 8, 2024 12:00 PM

R220 that article is more of the same anonymous sources, speculation and rumors. Of course there'd be tension after the debate. It was a debacle from start to finish. But the news media is not reporting news.It is driving this story and literally campaigning to dump Biden. I'm disgusted with the bullying. My personal opinion? I was not hot for Biden in 2020. But I "got on the fucking bus" and voted for him. He surpassed all my expectations. I like him. He has done an excellent job. Whether he decides to drop out or not, I am voting BLUE. I will not vote for a convicted felon. I will vote for Joe Biden or Kamala Harris or whoever it is, and I sincerely hope the Dems stay united and don't stage any bullshit at the convention. We need to keep our eye on the prize. Defeat Trump and Defeat the Republican Neo Fascist PArty. Period. It gets real simple and clear. Turn off the TV and enjoy Summer. Get involved in voter turnout in the Fall. Fuck all this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 224July 8, 2024 12:50 PM

[quote]“I believe the family has witnessed blunder after blunder by key staff personnel, and the debate is likely the straw that broke the camel’s back,” the source said. “Post-debate, the supposed loyal staff, instead of taking responsibility, pointed the finger back at the president and said: ‘His fault.’ I can think of no other singular action that would agitate the Biden family more.” [see R220]

Fucking hell. I suppose "the supposed loyal staff" are responsible for what? For covering as much as they can can to create a business as usual look only to be u.d9nr by Biden himself, being led down stairs, off stage like a little child, only not so smoothly.

Against an incontinent, diapered Trump, himself forever befuddled and rambling the majority of the time about who knows what, it's now Biden who gets the "poopy.pants" moniker, who looked for.all the world lost as fuck as to where he was, who those.people were, who he was, he wife engineering a skedaddle to get him out of view.of the cameras.

It's the fucking greatest gift ever to Trump. Even that idiot had sense enough at (and since) the debate to sit back with a goofy grim and let Biden dig a hole for himself much deeper than any hole Trump could ever dig for him.

But no, any one who doesn't deny Mighty Joe's horrifying downward spiral is a Russian farmer of disinformation. The Russian bots are all on holiday - they are not needed at the moment because the Bidens are doing their work so much the better by showing the reality by by blaming everything on the staff.

by Anonymousreply 225July 8, 2024 1:31 PM

Does "the Biden family" really want to play chicken, seeing the nomination go to someone else if he refuses to technically withdraw? DNC can pretty much re-set the rules to get around Biden's pledged delegates I'd necessary, no?

by Anonymousreply 226July 8, 2024 1:35 PM

[quote] DNC can pretty much re-set the rules to get around Biden's pledged delegates I'd necessary, no?

DNC robbed Hillary of lots of pledged delegates but Hillary wasn't the president, at least in name.

by Anonymousreply 227July 8, 2024 1:45 PM

R226 it would be a massive effort needing all hands on deck in terms of party leadership. literally hundreds of phone calls and persuading. TIme consuming and fraught. These are Democrats, not sheeple. It would get very messy. There is the very real concern that switching horses will result in a loss. And honestly the media bullying, literally campaigning for him to drop out is working against the possibility of him dropping out. If he were to drop out now, it would look like the media ran him out and it would weaken the Democratic ticket for November. I think they need to dial it back and let Joe decide. He needs to decide on the basis of #1 his health and stamina, #2 is the internal polling reflecting serious problems # 3 does he have the support of Donors and members of Congress. There are more than 250 Democratic members in both houses of Congress. When you have 6 publicly saying he needs to go, that is nothing. But if there's traction and it snowballs it would be embarrassing. Bottom line is Joe needs to make an honest assessment of his situation irrespective of the media bullying. His assessment has to be fact based. The main point is that we have to insure a Democratic victory. How do we do that best?

by Anonymousreply 228July 8, 2024 1:56 PM

He’s going to be the candidate and he’s going to lose. Just more Hillary, RBG, Feinstein etc self-interested bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 229July 8, 2024 4:15 PM

If Biden wants to stay in the race and regain control of the narrative, he should offer to take a cognitive test and release the results, plus challenge Trump to do the same. Trump would probably refuse, allowing Biden to say "I'm the only one in this race who's being candid about their mental health and fitness. What is Trump trying to hide?"

Of course, Biden and his team won't do this because they know a test would probably reveal that he has suffered cognitive decline. His team is so scared of doing anything that might hurt Biden's chances even more that they'll end up not doing anything that might help him. And he'll limp along to defeat in November.

by Anonymousreply 230July 8, 2024 4:42 PM

Looks like Jake Auchincloss(D-MA) was given a scolding by Hakeem Jeffries over the weekend.

After being critical after the debate, he’s now on a media tour declaring he’s all in for Team Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231July 8, 2024 4:57 PM

The Mooch, Rob Reiner and Stephen King.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232July 8, 2024 5:45 PM

I really hate the stupid aviators.

by Anonymousreply 233July 8, 2024 5:50 PM

[quote] I really hate the stupid aviators.

Wearing his dark glasses on you can try to persuade yourself his eyes are open and alert.

by Anonymousreply 234July 8, 2024 7:31 PM

[quote]I really hate the stupid aviators.

You would, r233.

by Anonymousreply 235July 8, 2024 7:33 PM

Having too many family members in high places and running the show behind the scenes is perhaps a look best avoided.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236July 8, 2024 7:34 PM

None of those three were "running the show", r236.

by Anonymousreply 237July 8, 2024 7:36 PM

No, but one was privy to many opportunities and lined her nest quite nicely indeed, R237.

The bigger point is that it's always at least a little unseemly to have a president's family members feature too prominently. Politely advocating on behalf of literacy projects or beautification schemes is certainly acceptable, but engaging in battles with White House staff -- qualified professional staff-- as to who gets to put a hand up a senile old man's ass to make the puppet say he wants to run again is the unseemly end of family involvement. I liked Biden and would vote for him if it comes to that, but hell, what a rotten choice, and exactly when a strong candidate is needed to eviscerate Trump at every opportunity.

Instead we have Dr. Jill Gatekeeper running the show more obviously than even Nancy Reagan did, and a president who needs his hand held to be ushered off a stage (yet again.) The president's family blaming the White House staff for not covering the problem up better is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 238July 8, 2024 7:58 PM

[quote]If Biden wants to stay in the race and regain control of the narrative, he should offer to take a cognitive test and release the results, plus challenge Trump to do the same. Trump would probably refuse, allowing Biden to say "I'm the only one in this race who's being candid about their mental health and fitness. What is Trump trying to hide?"

And MAGA would not care, Republicans would not care and the Media would not stop driving the narrative. All that would do is give more cannon fodder to his haters. Do you really think it would change any vote in Biden's direction for those people? Be honest, the answer is no. And the media would ask Trump about his lack of doing it maybe one time. No daily call from news paper editorials to step down, no daily badgering every time he misspoke which Trump does often.

by Anonymousreply 239July 8, 2024 8:13 PM

R237, Ivanka was an OFFICIAL White House Advisor to the President of the United States. Not just daddy's little girl. She technically was running the show, or part of it at least. She sucked at it of course but that's another story.

by Anonymousreply 240July 8, 2024 8:15 PM

I'll give you, Jared, r240, but Ivanka wasn't an "advisor". What could she possibly "advise" on? She was only there to be a calming influence and do as she was told. Like getting patents on voting machines.

by Anonymousreply 241July 8, 2024 8:20 PM

R241 has a short memory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242July 8, 2024 8:29 PM

They mocked and laughed at her, r242, don't you remember? I'm not arguing she wasn't given the job title, but she wasn't advising on anything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243July 8, 2024 8:42 PM

Marianne Williamson on X, July 7:

Biden stepping down and then automatically turning this over to Kamala Harris is a terrible idea for the Democratic Party. We need a democratic process and open convention. Let the people decide.

by Anonymousreply 244July 8, 2024 9:11 PM

Biden one really bad public incident away from a completely unsalvageable situation. The only plan I heard to turn around Biden’s losing position was to have an early debate in June. The plan now is to make up magical statements (“he beat Trump,” “12 keys!”), attack the people who are seeing this situation with clear eyes, and complain about the press and their coverage of Trump. No vision, no agenda, no plan.

This is not a shining hour for democracy.

by Anonymousreply 245July 8, 2024 9:20 PM

[quote] Let the people decide.

Fuck the people.

by Anonymousreply 246July 8, 2024 9:20 PM

That’s Dr. Jill to you!!

by Anonymousreply 247July 8, 2024 9:21 PM

[Quote] Biden stepping down and then automatically turning this over to Kamala Harris is a terrible idea for the Democratic Party.

Harris checked all the right boxes except for competency; she's a joke who most don't want to be President.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248July 8, 2024 9:25 PM

Oh yes, lets take Marianne advice, she's never even won a seat on the city counsel. And yes she's tried. I have known about her for years, I have met her in person. She was always a kind of go-getter personality and her intentions were good at the time, she created Project Angel Food for example, she raised millions for AIDS charities, but now 35 years later, when I hear what she's up to, [bold] I think she's off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 249July 8, 2024 9:25 PM

Trollina at r248 is getting scared of Kamala. Sky News is such a hack right wing show. Let's look at the facts. Kamala was ELECTED as Attorney General of CA for 6 years, then ELECTED to Congress and finally serving as Vice President of the United States. She's more qualified than most presidents at this point. The joke is that people are so gullible to right wing talking points that they repeat them like Sheeple.

by Anonymousreply 250July 8, 2024 9:29 PM

[quote]Biden one really bad public incident away from a completely unsalvageable situation.

That's every politician dude. Remember Howard Dean's one time ye-haw hell at the end of a speech? That's all it took, sank his campaign just for being excited during his speech. Not even a actual word.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251July 8, 2024 9:33 PM

You do you R250 but Sky News wasn't gaslighting people and making excuses for Joe which has now resulted in a late date disaster. People have turned on Joe, his enabler wife and the media. btw did you watch the video? also most polls indicate that Kamala probably wouldn't beat Trump if she were to become the nominee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252July 8, 2024 9:41 PM

I think Joe's statement where he talks about the process is valid. Now the media and others can spin it or "interpret it" as whatever. Some claiming he is "defiant." But the fact is he did go through the Primaries, people voted, and he did secure the nomination and he was what? A month or two younger than he is today? So this is bullshit. People knew how old he was when they voted. And he wasn't exactly hiding. He was making appearances and speeches and impromptu comments, all along. Does the Media think we're stupid? That we don't remember primary season from a few months ago?

So how does he just bow out? How does he say, Look, the Disney heiress and three or four hedge fund guys and Ari Emanuel all want me out. Rob Reiner and Stephen King want me out. The news Media wants me out. And Tim Ryan, Jerry Nadler, and Seth Moulton want me out. So fuck all the 3,600 or whatever many delegates pledged to me, I guess I better drop out. Once Joe drops out it will be a shit show mark my words. You know what we really cannot afford? We cannot afford a shit mess circus at the convention, with a party in disarray, fighting, divided and challenging one another. And there are people who are compromised, who are chaos agents who will definitely encourage that kind of mess.

We need unity and we need to focus on getting Joe, Kamala, the House and the Senate. Some asshole on TV on CNN claimed that if Joe stays in it would cost us the White House, the House and the Senate and Trump would rule the world. He was predicting a worse case scenario to scare people if Joe stays in it. That is pure total bullshit. There are 50 states. In ever state you have a solid grassroots party organization NOT run by people like Lara Trump and they are busting their asses making phone calls writing postcards raising money and campaigning for the Congress, the Senate and the state legislative races. These TV pundits are so uninformed it scares me.

by Anonymousreply 253July 8, 2024 9:42 PM

No Trollina R252, you do yourself. Let it go already, you are not convincing anyone here with your BS. We see you, it's not working. Go back to your bottle of cheap vodka, I am sure that will be more satisfying for you.

by Anonymousreply 254July 8, 2024 9:58 PM

This needs to be repeated:

[bold]" the fact is he did go through the Primaries, people voted, and he did secure the nomination and he was what? A month or two younger than he is today? So this is bullshit. People knew how old he was when they voted. And he wasn't exactly hiding. He was making appearances and speeches and impromptu comments, all along."

by Anonymousreply 255July 8, 2024 10:01 PM

R249 -R251 Biden didn't have one bad day for there are numerous examples including the one I posted @ R252 of Biden losing his train of thought, drifting off, speaking on non sequiturs, looking lost and being led away by Jill. The debate debacle was not a 1 time thing nor was it caused by jet lag or a cold.

by Anonymousreply 256July 8, 2024 10:01 PM

He went through the primaries essentially unopposed, just as was the case for most of the 2020 primaries (after SC deal).

by Anonymousreply 257July 8, 2024 10:11 PM

His campaign also took advantage of our good will. They didn’t put him in any kind of unscripted event because there was more time to replace him then. Now they throw up their hands and say nothing can be done but hope people will elect an incapable old man over a malevolent old man.

by Anonymousreply 258July 8, 2024 10:14 PM

So R258, you never questioned his age before the debate? It never crossed your mind? You never saw any of the millions of video clips from MAGA on FaceBook, IG, TikTok, Fox, OAN, Talk Radio? Get out of here with your BS about good will. You are the only one on the planet that feels duped. The adults in the room knew all his weaknesses and voted for him anyways because he's the best man to get the job done.

by Anonymousreply 259July 8, 2024 10:23 PM

Democratic primary voters rarely visit MAGA sites, R259.

by Anonymousreply 260July 8, 2024 10:27 PM

Oh for fucks sake r260, Biden's age has been all over social media for years. You dont have to go to MAGA sites to hear it.

by Anonymousreply 261July 8, 2024 10:30 PM

Biden has already lost. There is no coming back from this. He’s a complete distraction and PR disaster. His downfall sells newspapers. What you’re seeing now is what you’re going to see all the way through November if he stays in. The fact of the matter is, there is something wrong with him. That’s simply the truth. If it was some Right-wing smear, maybe he could bounce back. However, it’s the truth. He’s only going to get worse. The public has already made up its mind.

by Anonymousreply 262July 8, 2024 10:43 PM

The people who are all shocked about Biden are those who live in echo chambers and listen to nothing but MSNBC all day. That network wouldn’t dare air what we have been seeing for months. That’s why so many of you were so excited for Biden to wipe the floor with Trump. The rest of us knew it was going to be a catastrophe.

by Anonymousreply 263July 8, 2024 10:44 PM

The fact of the matter is, he's still a better President than Trump. End of Story.

by Anonymousreply 264July 8, 2024 10:45 PM

Being hopeful someone does well in a debate is not living in an echo chamber. Grow up little boy, unlike FAUX news viewers who would NEVER change the channel, most progressives I know and people who watch MSNBC actually do check out the other side from time to time to see what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 265July 8, 2024 10:47 PM

I’m sure Joe believes his call into “Morning Joe” this morning has put the lid on any discussion of him being unable to serve another four years as President.

by Anonymousreply 266July 8, 2024 10:47 PM

[Quote]The fact of the matter is, he's still a better President than Trump. End of Story.

But that's not the end of the story R264 Better President or not, he can't beat Trump at this point.

by Anonymousreply 267July 8, 2024 10:52 PM

You have no facts to back that up r267, as discussed, polls are usually wrong, remember Hillary was predicted to win? Obama to lose. So what FACTS do you have to back that up. I have one, Biden actually kicked Trump out of office. That's the story.

by Anonymousreply 268July 8, 2024 10:54 PM

I don't see how Biden even needed advisers to prepare him for debating Trump. The problem wasn't his preparation.

I like Biden and at this point don't want him to drop out but I have noticed him declining within the past year. It looks terrible that he never does real press conferences. But I noticed something else yesterday when I saw photos of him in PA. He's gained weight. He looked a bit puffy, for him. And my first thought was - is he on steroids for something?

He did sound pretty good when he called into Morning Joe this morning from what I heard. But I only heard the last few minutes. Did he do anything besides just give a speech, because that's all I heard. I didn't hear anybody actually ask him questions.

I've sent my congressmen (all Democrats) message via their comments forms online that I support Biden and don't want him to step down because it pisses me off the way some Democrats in congress are discussing getting rid of him publicly. That REALLY pisses me off.

But waiting and hoping desperately that Biden doesn't fuck up again is just nerve wracking.

by Anonymousreply 269July 8, 2024 10:58 PM

CNN’s Jake Tapper opened Monday’s edition of The Lead with a rebuttal to President Joe Biden, who claimed “elites” – and not rank-and-file voters – want a different Democratic nominee at next month’s convention.

“Earlier today, President Biden called into one of his favorite TV shows – Morning Joe on MSNBC – and he railed against what he called ‘the elites,'” the host said before airing a clip of Biden.

“I’m getting so frustrated by the elites,” the president said. “Now, I’m not talking about you guys, but about the elites in the party.”

Tapper responded:

President Biden seems to be trying to frame what’s going on right now as, the average voters who want him versus the elites of the Democratic Party – donors and lawmakers, and opinion makers, many of whom have serious concerns about Biden’s ability to be the candidate and have called for him to step down after that debate performance that, let’s call baffling. In reality, 72% of voters say that they believe President Biden is too old. That’s according to CNN’s most recent polling. Voters have been saying this for quite a long time. The reality is that the Democratic elites are mostly late to acknowledge these age and ability issues compared to the rest of the public. The elites have been forced to reckon with it after the debate just 11 days ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270July 8, 2024 11:07 PM

[quote] polls are usually wrong, remember Hillary was predicted to win? Obama to lose.

The polls never predicted that Obama would lose. They always consistently showed him ahead of McCain in 2008 and Romney in 2012. In 2016, when Hillary ran against Trump, some of the state polls were a little off, but the national polls were pretty close to the actual result.

[quote] So what FACTS do you have to back that up. I have one, Biden actually kicked Trump out of office. That's the story.

Yes, Biden kicked Trump out of office in 2020, when he was four years younger, was able to beat Trump in the debates, was able to do most of his campaigning remotely thanks to COVID, and didn't have polls showing that three-quarters of voters think he's mentally unfit to be president. 2024 is not 2020.

by Anonymousreply 271July 8, 2024 11:10 PM

Biden had one job during that debate. One.

Put that fucking criminal Trump is his place, on national TV, in front of the largest audience of the campaign, so far.

He failed, spectacularly. And spare me the "bad night' bullshit.

Of course, Trump is his human foe, but forget that right now.

Biden's actual foes have NEVER lost a fight. And they're relentless, and inexhaustible. We'll all hit the mat before they ever will. Here are the standings:

Time, Aging and Gravity - Trillions (taking into account ALL biological life forms of Earth)

v.

Humans - ZERO, GOOSE EGG, THE VERTICAL HULA-HOOP, DONUT HOLE

I'm so fucking mad right now that President "Empathy" can't see or understand we're at our wit's end, averting our eyes and ears from him, too fucking nervous waiting for him flub, fall or just peter out.

Shouldn't that be taken into account?

I know, I know. What a cruel fate, "tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow" hands us.

I love Uncle Joe. But he's hurting us.

And don't bother. I'll "Mary!" myself.

by Anonymousreply 272July 8, 2024 11:11 PM

[quote] “I’m getting so frustrated by the elites,” the president said. “Now, I’m not talking about you guys, but about the elites in the party.”

Weren't the "elites in the party" the ones who helped clear the Democratic field in 2020 and rally around Biden after he failed miserably in the early primaries and it started to look like Bernie Sanders might actually end up winning the nomination? I supported Biden in 2020 and thought he was the right choice, but let's be honest. His victory in 2020 was never because of grassroots enthusiasm for Biden. It was because party elites realized that he was strategically the best option to take on Trump, and voters quickly fell in line. It's hilarious to hear Biden now blame his current misfortune on the party elites.

by Anonymousreply 273July 8, 2024 11:25 PM

R273 in hindsight, Democrats should've just let Trump win in 2020.

Post Covid/George Floyd America was never going to be an easy task for anyone.

And now four years later, people have become disillusioned with the Left and are nostalgic for Trump's first term.

by Anonymousreply 274July 8, 2024 11:39 PM

The way the media is campaigning to oust him is bullying. They are mostly anonymous sources. The reporters are getting confrontational on the air with members of Congress who publicly support him. They are intent on sowing chaos. If Biden quit tomorrow who ever replaced him would be treated the same way. The media isn't looking for solutions. If they weren't so fucking mean spirited and relentless, I believe Biden would have seriously considered stepping away. They have left him no exit ramp.

by Anonymousreply 275July 9, 2024 12:30 AM

Biden's delusional, and so are his supporters. The choice is:

(1) support Biden and lose in November

vs

(2) replace Biden with another Dem nominee, and have a decent chance at winning in November

by Anonymousreply 276July 9, 2024 1:00 AM

[quote]Biden is one really bad public incident away from a completely unsalvageable situation.

When someone says that the Lord Almighty is the only one he'll listen to, the situation is already pretty much unsalvageable....

by Anonymousreply 277July 9, 2024 1:35 AM

Most of what is being discussed by the media and the pundits is meaningless. Polls are simply skewed snapshots. Professor Allan Lichtman discussed the 13 keys that have successfully predicted every next president for the past 40 years. I remember this guy since the Obama elections. A very interesting 30 minute discussion on why Biden will in fact win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278July 9, 2024 1:50 AM

I believe he'll win too. I have dealt with a lot of journalists in my previous life working for a member of Congress. Yes it was like 30 years ago, but I can tell you from what I have been reading they have nothing they put a lot of air in their reports, or as my old guy used to say, a lot of yeast, but they facts elude them. They are deliberately trying to give the impression of a building consensus. In fact they are driving that narrative. It's overkill. I 'm glad you posted that R278.

by Anonymousreply 279July 9, 2024 1:55 AM

R278 We've never had a Presidential candidate with the issues Biden is facing, physically, mentally and from within his own party. His "formula" doesn't take any of that into account.

by Anonymousreply 280July 9, 2024 1:59 AM

We can't depend on the mainstream media for any legitimate political news. They are shit. They report rumors as fact, they speculate, they use so many anonymous sources and they mischaracterize "top politicians" no one ever heard of. When you read an article read it looking for fact based information and you will see how slanted it all has become.

by Anonymousreply 281July 9, 2024 1:59 AM

[quote] We can't depend on the mainstream media for any legitimate political news. They are shit. They report rumors as fact, they speculate, they use so many anonymous sources and they mischaracterize "top politicians" no one ever heard of. When you read an article read it looking for fact based information and you will see how slanted it all has become.

As was Trump, but this time 50 million got to watch it live without the media in the way to muddy the waters..

by Anonymousreply 282July 9, 2024 2:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!