Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wimbledon 2024

May as well get a head start on the thread.

by Anonymousreply 34July 10, 2024 11:34 PM

Is it on the fucking Tennis Channel, which seems impossible to get unless you have cable? Even the TC app excludes live matches that are being broadcast on the TC itself.

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2024 11:58 PM

Play starts tomorrow, Monday. ESPN is broadcasting in the US.

by Anonymousreply 2July 1, 2024 12:07 AM

R1, TC only has the French (and that just got taken away).

by Anonymousreply 3July 1, 2024 1:21 AM

R1 It's on Eurosport here in Norway.

by Anonymousreply 4July 1, 2024 5:25 AM

If you have a VPN, choose a server in the UK, click on the link below, choose your court and you're good to go. I think I'm going to go with (Not So) Young Grigor. Not all servers work though. I use NordVPN and I have to browse through UK servers before I find one that still works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 1, 2024 11:04 AM

Watching court 2 right now and Young Grigor Vs. Dušan Lajović is a joy to watch for any OHBH lover and for any male body lover. I can't believe how blue Dušan Lajović's eyes are. Young Grigor is up two sets but not yet up Dušan's butt...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 1, 2024 11:17 AM

Steve Carell on why he's an Alcaraz fan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 2, 2024 1:00 PM

Anyone watching cutie Etcheverry vs Arnaldi? Actually they're both quite hot. Nardi needed a MTO due to a nosebleed.

by Anonymousreply 8July 2, 2024 1:11 PM

Where's the dick at?

by Anonymousreply 9July 2, 2024 1:14 PM

Anyone watching Rublev vs Comesana? Comesana won the first set. I still think Rublev will win in 4. But good on Comesana for winning that set. He is playing well. Rublev has anger issues and should seek treatment. He has had several outbursts during this match.

by Anonymousreply 10July 2, 2024 1:55 PM

Gay umpire Nacho Forcadell is umpiring the Tsitsipas match.

by Anonymousreply 11July 2, 2024 5:32 PM

This thread is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 12July 2, 2024 6:00 PM

R12 How so?

by Anonymousreply 13July 2, 2024 6:01 PM

Which thread should we use? This or the gays and tennis one?

by Anonymousreply 14July 3, 2024 11:32 AM

Gay umpire Nacho Forcadell in the Ruud match right now!

by Anonymousreply 15July 3, 2024 12:06 PM

Andy Murray has really grown into his looks. He's a handsome guy but I thought he was older. He's only 37?

His farewell was so awkward. Just standing in center court answering questions for half an hour. He looked like he wanted to be anywhere else. Why wouldn't they have them sit down and make it feel more personal? That guy was ready to go, and I saw him grab his back a few times, so he had to be in pain. The clips were nice but did Murray have that much of an impact? I felt like he was constantly getting outshined by Fed and Nadal--rightfully so-- in every aspect of the game. He was just kinda there. I've always liked him tho.

Apparently, Shelton takes off his shirt every chance he can get. They even talked about it during the update breaks.

by Anonymousreply 16July 5, 2024 10:10 AM

Novak Djokovic is kicking ass AGAIN

by Anonymousreply 17July 6, 2024 7:33 PM

Is Pat Cash playing this year?

by Anonymousreply 18July 6, 2024 7:35 PM

I just saw Novack’s shorts go up into his ass crack! Hot!

by Anonymousreply 19July 6, 2024 7:40 PM

White trash turds do not flock to professional tennis

by Anonymousreply 20July 6, 2024 8:06 PM

R5? It wants me to register to get in -- should I?

by Anonymousreply 21July 6, 2024 8:42 PM

I'm going tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 22July 6, 2024 8:44 PM

Emma Radacanu withdrawing from doubles with Andy Murray is headline news here in the UK.

Despite having a centre court farewell alongside his brother last week featuring Martina, Roger, Novak and many others he now won't get another farewell in the mixed doubles. Mommie Dearest Judy clearly not happy and is getting pushback for tweeting that Emma's decision was "astonishing".

The BBC covered the astonishing tweet and simply referred to "Andy's mother" and didn't mention her by name. Ha.

by Anonymousreply 23July 6, 2024 9:26 PM

A common occurrence when someone wants to focus on the singles tournament. I’m sure it does not both Andy a wit. He knows better.

by Anonymousreply 24July 6, 2024 9:46 PM

It does make you respect champs like BJK, Martina and Mac who racked up singles and doubles titles in the same tournament. BJK scored several triples in her career. Each of these three were outrageously talented in every shot and every part of the court.

by Anonymousreply 25July 6, 2024 9:49 PM

Bother, not both above.

by Anonymousreply 26July 6, 2024 9:50 PM

Yes R5, you have to register. Then it will ask you if you have a license and you say yes (they don't even check) and off you go. But I couldn't connect for four days because all the NordVPN UK servers I was trying had been "blown" and I was having the dreaded notification that the BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Luckily, it worked again yesterday and I've noted the name of the server but this is very touch and go and this working server might also be blown come Monday...

by Anonymousreply 27July 7, 2024 7:39 AM

Humbert can be tricky for Alcaraz. He's a leftie and a big server, nightmare for Alcaraz.

by Anonymousreply 28July 7, 2024 12:37 PM

R22 here. Just back from a day at Wimbledon. We saw the Alcaraz/Humbert match and what a match it was. They are both very powerful players, Humbert defo gave Alcaraz a run for his money. We saw the first 2 sets of Radacanu/Sun. Emma seemed defeated before she even started. Sun is a very good player.

by Anonymousreply 29July 7, 2024 9:01 PM

R29 You see any celebs?

by Anonymousreply 30July 8, 2024 10:06 AM

Only from afar. I was seated directly across the stadium from the Royal Box. I saw Mary Berry and Salma Hayek (who was barely there - left after the first Alcarez set). And Richard Osman and his newish bride who snuggled throughout. But I only saw them from a distance, no one walking around. The celebs all tend to stay in the hospitality suites, not wandering around with us plebs.

by Anonymousreply 31July 8, 2024 8:37 PM

Can Alcaraz beat Djokovic?

by Anonymousreply 32July 10, 2024 11:23 PM

R32, he can and has, but his form right now is uneven. The highs are high, but in every match he has stretches where his abilities simply vanish.

by Anonymousreply 33July 10, 2024 11:33 PM

It’s his recovery from injury fool r33

by Anonymousreply 34July 10, 2024 11:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!