Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A stranger fat-shamed me while I was grocery shopping

The man who fat-shamed me at a grocery store in Irvine, California, bounced into the store, wearing his too-short shorts and a tank top that revealed his contoured abs. At a glance, he appeared as the epitome of a California stereotype: a health nut and yoga enthusiast, perfectly poised, with his nose a little too high in the air.

I don't fit in that stereotype. I am a plus-sized woman who spent the majority of my life in the Midwest. When I moved to California to start my life over as an adult, I was shocked by the options for Botox and contouring surgeries, the focus on organic foods, and the attentiveness toward fitness.

And yet, no person I met in California has ever treated me as less than or looked down upon me — at least not until this man showed his face in the grocery store.

I remember lighting up when I saw this man and greeting him with a huge smile. Honestly, he looked like some of the men I've dated — men who were delighted with my plus-sized body, many of whom declared a preference for someone shaped like me.

I'm not sure what I was expecting when I greeted him. But I wasn't expecting him to say, "You don't need those," as I walked by holding my only grocery item — a package of bakery cookies.

It took me a minute to register what he said because I was so shocked. When the message registered, I looked back in horror — only to find him cocking his neck, intently staring back at me with a huge smirk. His piercing glance declared pride in having disseminated such a judgment.

I held it together long enough to walk across the parking lot to my car — a distance I purposely kept to get extra steps in. I asked a stranger to take a photo of me because I wanted to remember the moment when I became fearful, when I no longer felt safe to walk around as myself, and when California's humanity showed its face as the mean and vile place many people expect.

It was October 9th, 2020, at 3:28 p.m. — precisely three years, three months, and three days after I moved to California.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332September 30, 2024 9:04 PM

I'm shedding crocodile tears for this FRAU 😥

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2024 7:56 PM

Which one of you judgemental DL muscle Mary's did this? 🤣

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2024 7:58 PM

That is kind hilarious in a very mean way

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2024 7:59 PM

She doesn't look gross. Rude is rude, MYOB buff jerk.

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2024 8:01 PM

It had a promising start and I thought it was going to turn into another chapter in the shit brickhouse troll saga. Alas, it did not.

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2024 8:01 PM

Datalounge people - I think our FRAU here is suggesting this person was a gay male- she mentions his TOO short shorts.

I wonder if she was referring to Richard Simmons.

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2024 8:01 PM

You're still fat.

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2024 8:01 PM

"....bounced into the store, wearing his too-short shorts and a tank top that revealed his contoured abs."

Wass this DL's own Shit Brickhouse Troll, flouncing around in his Daisy Dukes and turquoise tank top, on his merry way to being gang raped in the parking lot of Whole Foods?

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2024 8:03 PM

So this woman starts off by judging the judgy guy…

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2024 8:03 PM

It was October 9th, 2020, at 3:28 p.m. — precisely three years, three months, and three days after I moved to California.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2024 8:03 PM

You guys would fat-shame Ma Joad, honestly.

by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2024 8:04 PM

He was right…. You didn’t and you don’t need those.

He just said out loud what every single person you come into contact with is thinking dear.

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2024 8:04 PM

[quote]I looked back in horror ... I asked a stranger to take a photo of me because I wanted to remember the moment when I became fearful, when I no longer felt safe to walk around as myself, and when California's humanity showed its face as the mean and vile place many people expect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2024 8:05 PM

What a cunt that dude is lol. I’m sorry that is some awful shit to say to a female. Fat shaming is not cool unless it’s a cunt celeb who is insufferable. If I were in that aisle I would have stood up for that woman. And by the way some people are naturally big boned and not intended to be slim.

by Anonymousreply 14June 30, 2024 8:05 PM

The guy should have never said that to her and she should have never taken this to the press. I wouldn’t want to hang out with either of them.

by Anonymousreply 15June 30, 2024 8:07 PM

R12 And there's nothing wrong with saying our negative private thoughts about people aloud at all.

by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2024 8:07 PM

She should worry less about her spiritual “energy” and more about her physical health. She might have normalized morbid obesity but the rest of the world hasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2024 8:07 PM

Synopsis: Fat woman (who didn't need the cookies) insulted by rude asshole dressed like Richard Simmons.

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2024 8:08 PM

[quote] Datalounge people - I think our FRAU here is suggesting this person was a gay male- she mentions his TOO short shorts.

And his nose was a "a little too high in the air."

She fully clocked this KWEEN!

What sealed the deal for me, was when the lady turned around and saw Miss Thing "cocking his neck, intently staring back at me with a huge smirk. His piercing glance declared pride in having disseminated such a judgment."

What a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2024 8:08 PM

Ok bitches I kept reading and yall know I don’t like liars. Something a little too self righteous about her oversize cookie dilemma and box of cookies purchase. Bitch you wanted some mafuckin cookies.

by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2024 8:08 PM

From the article:

[quote] One such person told me that LA is "the heart chakra of the US"

If you'll excuse me, I'll be laughing my ass off for the rest of the day. LA (including Orange County) has many things going for it, but it also lives up to a lot of its stereotypes. Making genuine connections with new people, rather than transactional ones, can be really tough. It is also every bit as vanity-driven as this story would imply. Frankly, I'm surprised the author made it three years, three months, and three days without encountering a random, fat-shaming asshole much sooner than she did.

by Anonymousreply 21June 30, 2024 8:09 PM

I don’t think she thought he was gay because she states he looks like a lot of her ex boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2024 8:09 PM

R16 did I say he was polite to say it to her? He saw right through her. I just waddled in to buy one cookie I swear! I even parked on the other side of the parking lot to get my steps in so I *deserve* it. Yet still somehow walked out with a bag of cookies.

by Anonymousreply 23June 30, 2024 8:12 PM

This. Never. Happened.

by Anonymousreply 24June 30, 2024 8:13 PM

Sorry, but she IS fat, and her description was clearly homophobic, a dogwhistle to her fag-basher fellow fatties. Sure he was rude. But she’s the one who wants to be indulged to death, patted on the back for being plus-sized like all her fellow fatties insist on these days.

by Anonymousreply 25June 30, 2024 8:13 PM

First she slams him - too revealing shorts "bouncing" into the store, perfectly poised with his nose a little to high in the air. She's implying that he may be gay - then she said he looks a lot like men she used to date who appreciate curves.

Bitch is DELUSIONAL. Guys who look like that are not jostling and pushing each other over to get to her obese blob of a body.

Also - she lives in Irvine in ORANGE COUNTY. Look the fuck around you. You ARE too fat and you do NOT need those cookies. He may have been a doctor or work in the medical field. A box (BOX mind you) of bakery cookies is not needed.

Just like she added in all these things about how he entered the store, now she adds in all of these items (craning his neck, smirking) that probably didn't happen either.

by Anonymousreply 26June 30, 2024 8:15 PM

She types fat

by Anonymousreply 27June 30, 2024 8:15 PM

[quote]Wass this DL's own Shit Brickhouse Troll, flouncing around in his Daisy Dukes and turquoise tank top, on his merry way to being gang raped in the parking lot of Whole Foods?

If it was, she should've shamed him for his puny cocklet!

by Anonymousreply 28June 30, 2024 8:17 PM

We know it wasn't a Datalounger, because one of us would've added, "Move it along, toots!"

by Anonymousreply 29June 30, 2024 8:18 PM

She went to the Jussie school of victimization

by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2024 8:18 PM

I can not imagine walking into a grocery store and leaving with ONLY a box of cookies. Baked goods are something you add on top of a regular trip, they are not the only thing you buy in a supermarket.

by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2024 8:20 PM

The details dripping with pathos and the dramatic unveiling of Exactly What Happened In My Experience.... it comes across as made up and drenched in stereotypes. I don't doubt this kind of thing does happen, some people are shitbags, but it doesn't happen exactly like a bad episode of a fat-girl-centric TV show.

by Anonymousreply 32June 30, 2024 8:20 PM

“Big talk considering your ass is hanging out of your shorts.”

by Anonymousreply 33June 30, 2024 8:21 PM

Oh - look at her Insta and her LinkedIn. She's an author / speaker / consultant and mystic midwife who helps other conceive and grow their own creations (not children).

She's from Des Moines. She thinks she's really special.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 30, 2024 8:21 PM

I read this story too today on Yahoo. I kept waiting for a conclusion in which she states she took this as an opportunity to get serious and lose the extra weight. But Nope didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 35June 30, 2024 8:21 PM

Bless her overly stressed heart!

by Anonymousreply 36June 30, 2024 8:22 PM

[Quote] Baked goods are something you add on top of a regular trip, they are not the only thing you buy in a supermarket.

MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 37June 30, 2024 8:22 PM

I think she moved to California specifically so this outrage would happen and she could blog about the stigma for clicks and kicks.

by Anonymousreply 38June 30, 2024 8:24 PM

I'll bet the man spends his days at home, naked, phone camera targeting his throbbing cock, pleading for followers.

by Anonymousreply 39June 30, 2024 8:24 PM

[quote]three years, three months, and three days after I moved to California.

At a box per day, I wonder how many bakery cookies this is.

by Anonymousreply 40June 30, 2024 8:26 PM

I think the fat bitch id taking a creative writing night course, and this was her final product.

by Anonymousreply 41June 30, 2024 8:28 PM

[quote] three years, three months, and three days after I moved to California.

How many hours and minutes?

by Anonymousreply 42June 30, 2024 8:29 PM

Obviously this never happened, but still:

[quote]It was October 9th, 2020

In other words, when people were still required to wear masks in stores, and yet somehow he saw her smile and she saw him smirk?

by Anonymousreply 43June 30, 2024 8:30 PM

R43 - good point. Yeah - nobody could see her HUGE warm smile or his smirk under REQUIRED masks in 2020.

She's exhausting - and a liar.

by Anonymousreply 44June 30, 2024 8:32 PM

The caftan crowd in Palm Springs might be more welcoming, and, in fact, tell her, "I just bought three boxes of those at Walgreens for half the price, honey."

by Anonymousreply 45June 30, 2024 8:33 PM

wtf is homophobic about her essay. Is this the twilight zone?

by Anonymousreply 46June 30, 2024 8:33 PM

He's a deficiency-motivated douche and she's an attention-seeking lard-ass, but this is the kind of thing that gets those coveted outrage clicks.

by Anonymousreply 47June 30, 2024 8:34 PM

R44 you do realize there were several months in 2020 in California where you did not have to have the mask on walking around the store particularly later in the year and of course in the month of January. And this is coming from someone who lives in California.

by Anonymousreply 48June 30, 2024 8:35 PM

Correction - he’s a fictional character, r47

by Anonymousreply 49June 30, 2024 8:40 PM

R48 - Californian here - there was a surge of COVID in Oct and Nov. Everyone was wearing masks - and SHE of all people, with her morbid obesity, should have been wearing one. Even if it was optional back then - but I don't remember that it was.

No.

by Anonymousreply 50June 30, 2024 8:42 PM

Some enterprising YouTuber needs to do a dramatic reenactment of this encounter (like the one of the fat frau complaining about her 🍑 bellini 🕯 at Bath and Body Works).

by Anonymousreply 51June 30, 2024 8:43 PM

Another case solved by DL!

by Anonymousreply 52June 30, 2024 8:43 PM

Who was actually going into the grocery store in October 2020– IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA? (A covid hotspot)

I don’t think I went into a grocery store a single time from March 2020 until I was vaxxed March 2021.

by Anonymousreply 53June 30, 2024 8:44 PM

Has the offender been doxxed? We’d like a word.

by Anonymousreply 54June 30, 2024 8:45 PM

That was not a dramatic re-enactment, r51. That was real.

by Anonymousreply 55June 30, 2024 8:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 30, 2024 8:47 PM

I take a water walking class once week to help my knee and I was chatting with one of the women who was quite large. She was telling me how rude the men in France were to her. She was shocked.

by Anonymousreply 57June 30, 2024 8:48 PM

Who doesn’t fear being judged for their own looks when visiting California? And who doesn’t realize that when they are this obese, people will stare, snicker and snark. I’m sorry, lady. You can’t put lipstick on a whale with overstrained organs and call her “Shrimpy”.

by Anonymousreply 58June 30, 2024 8:50 PM

Anyone who believes this actually happened is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 59June 30, 2024 8:52 PM

I mean, he’s not wrong.

by Anonymousreply 60June 30, 2024 8:53 PM

[quote]you do realize there were several months in 2020 in California where you did not have to have the mask on walking around the store particularly later in the year and of course in the month of January. And this is coming from someone who lives in California.

She's got the kind of face that should require year-round mask wearing.

by Anonymousreply 61June 30, 2024 8:54 PM

Ok sugar lamb. Listen your old uncle here sugar darl’n. Keep an eye out for this here snake at the grocery store. Run up to him and scream and sob “YOU’RE MY HUSBAND AND IM CARRYING YOUR BABY. YOU LEFT ME AND OUR BOY WITH NOTHING AND RAN OFF WITH MY SISTER! MY SISTER! I NEED CHILD SUPPORT, WE HAVE NOTHING TO EAT! AND WHAT ANOUT THIS BANY IM CARRYING? WE CANT KEEP LIVING IN THE SHELTER. YOUNPTOMISED ME A THOUSAND DOLLARS A WEEK! REALLY LAY IT ON AND KEEP THE TEARS COMING. I HUARANTEE SOMEONE IS GOING TO PULL OUT THERE PHONE AND POST ON YOU TUBE. HE’LL BE THE MOST HATED MAN IN AMERICA .

by Anonymousreply 62June 30, 2024 8:54 PM

It could also be turned into a bestselling, emotional memoir, an inspirational Lifetime movie, and a Tony Award winning Broadway musical with a chorus of transplanted, plus-sized, midwestern farmers' daughters singing a showstopping, subversive cover of "California Girls."

by Anonymousreply 63June 30, 2024 8:55 PM

[quote] And who doesn’t realize that when they are this obese, people will stare, snicker and snark.

90% of Americans

by Anonymousreply 64June 30, 2024 8:56 PM

Perhaps his nose was in the air for sniffing

by Anonymousreply 65June 30, 2024 8:56 PM

R53 I certainly did but I’m young. Ughhh so refreshing no traffic.

by Anonymousreply 66June 30, 2024 9:00 PM

[quote] I certainly did but I’m young. —ThrillerNight

More lies from the junkie. Shocker.

by Anonymousreply 67June 30, 2024 9:02 PM

Yeah - I read her bio on Business Insider - just what I thought. Both her parents died, her son grew up and went off to college and she lost her job of 25 years in the insurance industry.

Mama's starting a NEW LIFE! She takes the assets from her parents house, sells her own house - and lives off of that for awhile while trying to find her way in the LA area.

I'm betting funds are running low cuz she's pumping out these articlettes on different sites pretty frequently.

I'm not saying she hasn't encountered a cutting remark or insult from a stranger before - but so have most of us. And we don't write an article about it, make up half the story, and say we no longer feel safe leaving the house!

by Anonymousreply 68June 30, 2024 9:03 PM

A little creative writing never hurt anyone, OP.

by Anonymousreply 69June 30, 2024 9:05 PM

R67 dude what is your problem?

by Anonymousreply 70June 30, 2024 9:06 PM

I don't like lying junkies, Teafake. And considering how many times you've been thrown off here, neither does anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 71June 30, 2024 9:07 PM

He was just trying to be helpful. It's like when you see obese people with shopping carts loaded with 2 liter bottles of Pepsi. They don't need those.

by Anonymousreply 72June 30, 2024 9:07 PM

r48 She's wearing a mask in the photo she asked the stranger to take

by Anonymousreply 73June 30, 2024 9:08 PM

Typical Karen. They want to be independent and left alone to do whatever the hell they please to develop as their truest, most authentic selves. To hell with society and its oppressive, suffocating expectations!

BUT we all need to pedestalize them for their basic behavior. Only going to get worse with Trump back in office.

#KEEPKARENSKARENING

by Anonymousreply 74June 30, 2024 9:08 PM

I have a soft spot for plus size women. They have always supported me with my struggles over my sexuality and the disease that is addiction.

by Anonymousreply 75June 30, 2024 9:09 PM

Reading this opened my eyes to a hard truth about myself. I am so self-involved that I have literally never noticed what strangers are buying at the grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 76June 30, 2024 9:09 PM

Now I see why a deranged lunatic that is a convicted felon is still doing pretty alright. Have all Americans lost human decency. I’m assuming most of you are American. There is some shit you just don’t say to a woman especially one who may be self conscious about her weight. That dude was down right mean and no respectable guy who was raised right would say such a thing to a random stranger.

by Anonymousreply 77June 30, 2024 9:11 PM

[quote] I have a soft spot for plus size women. They have always supported me with my struggles over my sexuality and the disease that is addiction.—ThrillerNight

No they don't, fuckface. They think you're trash, too.

by Anonymousreply 78June 30, 2024 9:11 PM

Yeah, they finally get to feel sorry for someone other than themselves. They're just using you to feed their ego, which is ultimately what all women do.

How long have you been alive?

by Anonymousreply 79June 30, 2024 9:15 PM

R79 35. That’s an awful thing to say. I don’t think that’s true. I’ve never lived on the streets or anything like that. I’ve always been a highly successful functioning addict.

by Anonymousreply 80June 30, 2024 9:17 PM

An addict with a need for validation that fat women give you. They realize you're the only they can validate. The rest of the world despises them too. Why are DLers so naive?

At 50, you'll be able to look at your relationships and the world with a bit more clarity. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 81June 30, 2024 9:24 PM

R81, you don't actually believe Teacunt is 35, do you? He passed 50 a while back. He's pushing 60.

by Anonymousreply 82June 30, 2024 9:26 PM

Southern California is full of fatties like here. R24 is probably right about this never happening.

by Anonymousreply 83June 30, 2024 9:28 PM

R82 I’m 35. Stop derailing my threads.

by Anonymousreply 84June 30, 2024 9:28 PM

[quote]But I wasn't expecting him to say, "You don't need those," as I walked by holding my only grocery item — a package of bakery cookies.

He shouldn’t have said it out loud. But let’s be real. Everyone was thinking it.

by Anonymousreply 85June 30, 2024 9:28 PM

[quote] I’m 35. Stop derailing my threads.—ThrillerNight

YOUR thread? That's news to the actual OP, you junkie.

by Anonymousreply 86June 30, 2024 9:30 PM

R86 you know what I’m talking about stalker. Mad at me cause that ass can’t get laid.

by Anonymousreply 87June 30, 2024 9:31 PM

Maybe it was her "lighting up and smiling" she probably was putting the moves on someone way out of her league.

by Anonymousreply 88June 30, 2024 9:32 PM

I would love to treat you to a speedball, Teacunt. Spread your toes.

by Anonymousreply 89June 30, 2024 9:33 PM

Go get some cookies for your fix and fat frau friends. This thread ain't about recovering junkies.

by Anonymousreply 90June 30, 2024 9:36 PM

ThrillerNight - you know she made this up though, right? There was a mandatory face mask rule from June 2020 through most of 2021 in California. They even had it outdoors when supposedly she had this stranger take a picture of her.

And the way she described the man was indeed dog-whistling about him being gay.

So much of this story is utter bullshit - it's sad that you can't see it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 30, 2024 9:36 PM

He's not recovering. Ask "Genie."

by Anonymousreply 92June 30, 2024 9:37 PM

This TeaCunt thing needs to be put out of its mafuckin misery.

by Anonymousreply 93June 30, 2024 9:37 PM

[quote] ThrillerNight - you know she made this up though, right? There was a mandatory face mask rule from June 2020 through most of 2021 in California. They even had it outdoors when supposedly she had this stranger take a picture of her. And the way she described the man was indeed dog-whistling about him being gay. So much of this story is utter bullshit - it's sad that you can't see it.

Why would you expect him to see it? You understand this is Teacake you're talking to, who has made up several identities, lies about being black, about being younger than he is, about living in NYC, about having a corporate job and pretty much everything else. this is a person who came on here last week pretending to be his fake sister, and told us (through her) that he was in the hospital and would not be posting for a long while because he was so ill. This fat broad is George Washington compared to Teacake.

by Anonymousreply 94June 30, 2024 9:39 PM

Fat people should be shamed. How else are they going to lose weight?

by Anonymousreply 95June 30, 2024 9:46 PM

R91 Bruh I live in Southern California and did not walk around with a mask while grocery shopping from like October to December. Furthermore some places inland Cali like the inland empire never enforced the mask rule.

by Anonymousreply 96June 30, 2024 9:48 PM

R91 Please do not believe anything that my stalker says.

by Anonymousreply 97June 30, 2024 9:49 PM

You are such a liar, Teacake. How many times have you told us you live in NYC? Which is it, liar?

by Anonymousreply 98June 30, 2024 9:49 PM

R96 - Bullshit. And this wasn't Inland Empire - this supposedly was OC.

But the chances that BOTH decided to not have masks on during the pandemic is complete bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 99June 30, 2024 9:51 PM

R98 stalker please find a lover because your loneliness is exhausting. I grew up in New York. I now live somewhere different from where I grew up. I still occasionally visit New York. You are so fkin wack. You are to DL what Madonna is to acting.

by Anonymousreply 100June 30, 2024 9:51 PM

R99 All I know some grocery stores in San Diego county we was wasn’t always rocking the masks in the those fall/winter months.

by Anonymousreply 101June 30, 2024 9:52 PM

Whatever you say, Teacake. No one believes you.

Ask "Genie."

by Anonymousreply 102June 30, 2024 9:53 PM

R98 And I have never said I live in New York currently bitch. Never. I’ve said I’m from New York and such and such and such when commenting about its politics. I’m sick of your mafuckin ass lying on me. In real life you’d be touched.

by Anonymousreply 103June 30, 2024 9:54 PM

[quote] we was wasn’t always rocking the masks in the those fall/winter months.

Oh boy, he's blackin' it up! We're about to see some hilarity as he goes into his ghetto phase.

by Anonymousreply 104June 30, 2024 9:54 PM

I think this actually happened in 21 and she is misremembering. Or was that article published last year?

by Anonymousreply 105June 30, 2024 9:55 PM

R104 fkin racist piece of shit. I am black. I’m actually mixed but I present black.

by Anonymousreply 106June 30, 2024 9:56 PM

Another lie. How many is that now, Teacake?

by Anonymousreply 107June 30, 2024 9:57 PM

R101 - WRONG - I live in San Diego. Nice try bitch. And again - this was in Irvine - can you not read?

by Anonymousreply 108June 30, 2024 9:57 PM

Oh, in case anyone didn't see it last week, this is Teacake's previous alias, Warrior, pretending to be his sister, and trying to elicit sympathy for the poor drug addict.

Yeah, we don't believe a word you say, you bag of garbage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 30, 2024 9:59 PM

R108 I do clearly remember wearing the masks all summer long but not that entire year. Maybe I’m mixing it up with 2021 where people was sometimes wearing the masks again.

by Anonymousreply 110June 30, 2024 9:59 PM

Of course you didn't wear a mask, Teacake. How could you snort drugs with one on?

by Anonymousreply 111June 30, 2024 10:01 PM

Regardless of whether it happened or not, she has a health problem far more serious than what some stranger said to her.

by Anonymousreply 112June 30, 2024 10:04 PM

[quote]r110 = where people was sometimes wearing the masks again.

Same ol' home-schooled Teacake!

by Anonymousreply 113June 30, 2024 10:04 PM

R74 calls the woman “basic” but trots out the “Karen” slang.

So hip!

So edgy!

by Anonymousreply 114June 30, 2024 10:05 PM

“You don’t need those!” 🍪

by Anonymousreply 115June 30, 2024 10:05 PM

“Karen” was always white trash lingo.

by Anonymousreply 116June 30, 2024 10:06 PM

It's always a good idea to side eye all "this happened to me" stories by freelance writers. This woman figures it's okay to invent this story because the subject is relatable and viral worthy. Plus, there's no way to fact check it. Perfect!

She does have an odd shape. Why are her biceps so bulgy? She's also got a weird bump on her right upper thigh -- is her ass square?

by Anonymousreply 117June 30, 2024 10:07 PM

R111 😆 good one. That’s what Im saying. If you gon rank on me about my addiction at least be funny. Real talk tho. I don’t remember us wearing masks all year long. There were so many pretty people during that time. And then they had to take off the mask 😆.

by Anonymousreply 118June 30, 2024 10:07 PM

She should have said, "You have no business projecting all your obvious body issues onto a complete stranger just going about her business. You'd better save them for therapy. It sounds like you need that much more than I need these cookies."

by Anonymousreply 119June 30, 2024 10:17 PM

[quote]I can not imagine walking into a grocery store and leaving with ONLY a box of cookies.

You must have the preview thumbnails turned off.

by Anonymousreply 120June 30, 2024 10:20 PM

Ma'am, we would never be judgmental about one's cookie habits. Unless you don't buy them from us. Then we firebomb your house.

by Anonymousreply 121June 30, 2024 10:21 PM

What happened to "Warrior"?? Another red-tag??

by Anonymousreply 122June 30, 2024 10:44 PM

Only a complete fucking asshole would say something like that to a stranger. Just mutter it under your breath.

by Anonymousreply 123June 30, 2024 11:01 PM

R114 = Karen

by Anonymousreply 124June 30, 2024 11:10 PM

I don’t doubt that some sluttily dressed bitchy LA queen said something nasty to a fat chick. These are the same queens that post on DL about how utterly lonely and miserable they are (now that they are no longer young and beautiful). They also can’t seem to connect their insufferable personalities with people wanting nothing to do with them.

by Anonymousreply 125June 30, 2024 11:33 PM

Plus size means don't wear tight clothing in public.

by Anonymousreply 126June 30, 2024 11:50 PM

That fat thing is kidding herself if she thinks she has not been judged in California for being fat since the first day she arrived. Don't be fat there. And if you are fat, you don't buy packages of bakery cookies. And if you do buy packages of bakery cookies you have the self respect not to make it your ONLY item you buy. You toss it in your basket with a bunch of other things. You can't just be waddling up to the check out with your fucking cookies. What an asshole you are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 30, 2024 11:56 PM

It's never cool to be rude without provocation, but this woman is kidding herself. People judge her all the time. The real issue is her overall health, which cannot be good at that weight.

by Anonymousreply 128July 1, 2024 12:03 AM

ThrillerNight is of course Teacake/BrickPollitt/Lipstick Lesbian. Same phony black dialect mixed with pedantic lexicon of the academy and let's not forget the frenzied weekend postings and bizarre Michael Jackson fixation.

by Anonymousreply 129July 1, 2024 12:09 AM

can people shut the fuck about the mask?

The fattie was wearing a mask.

And this IS Orange County. The man could have been a Huntington Beach or similar escapee. They didn't wear shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130July 1, 2024 12:38 AM

R114 is a white trash MAGAT. Quelle surprise.

by Anonymousreply 131July 1, 2024 12:50 AM

That should be r124

by Anonymousreply 132July 1, 2024 12:50 AM

Let’s go to the OC and grocery shop like we live in Nebraska.

by Anonymousreply 133July 1, 2024 1:16 AM

And, of course, this fat twat, because she's ashamed of her enormity and stink, doesn't realize the man was simply saying that sugar isn't good for her.

Not a polite comment, but compared to her blob-like expansion into the interweb and crazy, long search for gratification against an imagined insult the man was St. Francis feeding the wee birdies.

Cunts is cunts.

by Anonymousreply 134July 1, 2024 1:34 AM

YOU'RE A FUCKIN GODDESS! RIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 135July 1, 2024 1:53 AM

[quote] Honestly, he looked like some of the men I've dated — men who were delighted with my plus-sized body

0/10

by Anonymousreply 136July 1, 2024 1:59 AM

The sky was so blue that day.

by Anonymousreply 137July 1, 2024 2:00 AM

Even I am exhausted by this mess!

by Anonymousreply 138July 1, 2024 2:26 AM

[quote] 😆 good one. That’s what Im saying. If you gon rank on me about my addiction at least be funny. Real talk tho. I don’t remember us wearing masks all year long. There were so many pretty people during that time. And then they had to take off the mask 😆.—ThrillerNight

Stop trying to suck everyone's dick, junkie. No one likes you.

by Anonymousreply 139July 1, 2024 2:29 AM

[QUOTE] It was October 9th, 2020, at 3:28 p.m.

And she's writing about it now? Three and a half years she's still wrapped up in the off-hand (albeit rude) comment made by a total stranger? Jesus Christ, lady. Obesity is not her worst problem.

by Anonymousreply 140July 1, 2024 2:29 AM

Hello, it's me I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet To go over everything They say that time's supposed to heal ya, but I ain't done much healing Hello, can you hear me? I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be When we were younger and free I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet There's such a difference between us And a million miles Hello from the other side I must've called a thousand times To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done But when I call, you never seem to be home Hello from the outside At least I can say that I've tried To tell you I'm sorry for breaking your heart But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore Hello, how are you? It's so typical of me to talk about myself, I'm sorry I hope that you're well Did you ever make it out of that town where nothing ever happened? It's no secret that the both of us Are running out of time So hello from the other side (other side) I must've called a thousand times (thousand times) To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done But when I call, you never seem to be home Hello from the outside (outside) At least I can say that I've tried (I've tried) To tell you I'm sorry for breaking your heart But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore (Highs, highs, highs, highs) Ooh (lows, lows, lows, lows), anymore (Highs, highs, highs, highs) Ooh (lows, lows, lows, lows), anymore (Highs, highs, highs, highs) Ooh (lows, lows, lows, lows), anymore (Highs, highs, highs, highs) Anymore (lows, lows, lows, lows) Hello from the other side (other side) I must've called a thousand times (thousand times) To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done But when I call, you never seem to be home Hello from the outside (outside) At least I can say that I've tried (I've tried) To tell you I'm sorry for breaking your heart But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore

by Anonymousreply 141July 1, 2024 2:32 AM

Team Kween here. No one likes a fatty.

by Anonymousreply 142July 1, 2024 2:40 AM

The fatty’s story does seem to be lacking something.

I think it needed the fellow customers to rally around her in spontaneous applause for it to be really believable.

by Anonymousreply 143July 1, 2024 2:45 AM

I can't imagine anyone commenting on my fatness but if she can't even muster up a 'I can lose weight but you'll always be a worthless cunt' response, I don't know what to tell her.

by Anonymousreply 144July 1, 2024 2:47 AM

“She’s a California 5x!”

by Anonymousreply 145July 1, 2024 3:01 AM

[quote] I asked a stranger to take a photo of me because I wanted to remember the moment when I became fearful, when I no longer felt safe to walk around as myself, and when California's humanity showed its face as the mean and vile place many people expect.

How does she know the guy is even a Native Californian? Because she says so. declaring him to be the epitome of some California stereotype she has?

This is clearly just another anti-California piece.

by Anonymousreply 146July 1, 2024 3:02 AM

R130 - if the fatty was wearing a mask, how the hell did she give him a huge smile AND see him smirk afterwards?

You're gullible AF.

by Anonymousreply 147July 1, 2024 3:36 AM

"Honey, you NEED THOSE."

by Anonymousreply 148July 1, 2024 3:42 AM

The sequel, three years later:

"Shouldn't you be in the Ozempic aisle?"

by Anonymousreply 149July 1, 2024 3:43 AM

If only Mama Cass had a catty gay muscle mary to tell her she didn't need that ham sammich...

by Anonymousreply 150July 1, 2024 4:26 AM

I love the delusion that hotties want to fuck her.

No, they don’t.

by Anonymousreply 151July 1, 2024 4:55 AM

R151 - I'm sure some scrawny alcoholics picked her up at bar close and had their way with her in Des Moines.

But catching a dick and dating are very different. Any woman can get fucked if they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 152July 1, 2024 4:59 AM

[quote] Reading this opened my eyes to a hard truth about myself. I am so self-involved that I have literally never noticed what strangers are buying at the grocery store.

Guess what? You SHOULDN'T be noticing what strangers are buying at the store.

Because it's none of your damned business!

[quote] And, of course, this fat twat, because she's ashamed of her enormity and stink, doesn't realize the man was simply saying that sugar isn't good for her.

Bullshit.

That nasty queen knew what he was doing. Especially with smirk at the end.

Just toxic kweens being toxic kweens.

by Anonymousreply 153July 1, 2024 5:07 AM

That nasty queen was a figment of her imagination.

Besides, no self-respecting toxic queen would waste his venom on an easy target like a dumpy middle-aged fat woman. There’s no joy in degrading them. It’s humiliating if you fail and commonplace if you succeed.

by Anonymousreply 154July 1, 2024 5:21 AM

You should see what they say when I shop in Bakersfield!

by Anonymousreply 155July 1, 2024 5:25 AM

This is also the first time in "three years, three months, and three days" that a male has attempted to engage her in any kind of conversation beyond, "May I take your order please?

by Anonymousreply 156July 1, 2024 5:42 AM

^ “This is microagrression. He assumes I eat fast food!”

by Anonymousreply 157July 1, 2024 5:44 AM

He sounds like an insecure little control freak.

by Anonymousreply 158July 1, 2024 6:58 AM

She thought he was going to flirt with her and then he dissed her with a smile. Yes he is an asshole but so is she. Years ago I knew a red headed chick with a huge ass and not skinny who thought every man who spoke to her was in love with her. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 159July 1, 2024 8:02 AM

She is an “apple” shape, holding her fat in her midsection, and her fat rolls have fat rolls on top of them. This has already been proven dangerous to your health to gain and hold fat this way. He may have saved her life by telling her!

You cannot smooth every sharp edge towards a journey of losing or maintaining weight, it is a fallacy to do so.

I have routinely gone into a store and bought only cookies because I brown bag my lunch and would never buy them for home, so I can relate. There is one checkout girl that’s autistic, that always comments about my purchase. I actually think twice about the purchase because of her.

Not a bad thing if she reflects on it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160July 1, 2024 8:46 AM

All the joking aside, it's clearly not appropriate to offer unsolicited opinions to strangers. Fat people know they're fat and they know what makes them fat. So it's not like they need it pointing out to them.

I think if someone feels the need to put others down publicly it's usually because they feel a bit shit about aspects of their life.

by Anonymousreply 161July 1, 2024 9:20 AM

[quote]Now I see why a deranged lunatic that is a convicted felon is still doing pretty alright. Have all Americans lost human decency. I’m assuming most of you are American. There is some shit you just don’t say to a woman especially one who may be self conscious about her weight. That dude was down right mean and no respectable guy who was raised right would say such a thing to a random stranger.

R77 that's be completely out of order pretty much anywhere in the world. I'm slim and fit but I wouldnt dream of saying shit like that to anybody however fat. That said like R76 I'm just too damn busy with my own life I wouldnt notice what other people buy. Who's actually got the time for that shit anyway?

by Anonymousreply 162July 1, 2024 9:28 AM

guy sounds Black.

by Anonymousreply 163July 1, 2024 10:10 AM

At least he didn’t ask if she was a size 14.

by Anonymousreply 164July 1, 2024 10:31 AM

“Just the one, dear?”

by Anonymousreply 165July 1, 2024 10:41 AM

My mom has absolutely no “censorship chip”, and with a plausible deniability, would poke a backhanded compliment at people she hadn’t seen in awhile that gained weight by saying sincerely-

“Wow! You really filled out nice!”

by Anonymousreply 166July 1, 2024 10:46 AM

[quote]I remember lighting up when I saw this man and greeting him with a huge smile.

See, this is why I don’t smile at strangers in public.

by Anonymousreply 167July 1, 2024 10:53 AM

R163, I’m with you, it was likely a good looking Black guy and she automatically assumed he thought she was attractive because of past experiences with black men that love curves, and felt scorned.

Is this really any different than a gay guy that fetishize and make assumptions and generalizations about staggeringly good looking Black men?

Everyone is a little bit racist.

by Anonymousreply 168July 1, 2024 10:59 AM

The guy was wrong. But the fact that she’s still obsessing over this THREE YEARS later…suggests that she needs to work on her coping skills in addition to her diet.

by Anonymousreply 169July 1, 2024 11:30 AM

This story is absurd from beginning to end. It never happened.

by Anonymousreply 170July 1, 2024 12:50 PM

insulting people is just how sassy black gays make friends.

by Anonymousreply 171July 1, 2024 1:32 PM

We need a lot more fat shaming in this country. It is not ok to be obese. It is a burden on the health care system. SHAME SHAME SHAMOO!

by Anonymousreply 172July 1, 2024 2:02 PM

That's why I like to order my groceries on line and then just drive over and let them load the bags into the car. Fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 173July 1, 2024 2:27 PM

R168 Chonky black guys like fat white women.

Thin, gym-going black guys don’t.

by Anonymousreply 174July 1, 2024 2:44 PM

R174 My eyes my eyes!

by Anonymousreply 175July 1, 2024 2:49 PM

A Black guy in OC?

Asian, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 176July 1, 2024 2:57 PM

[quote] as I walked by holding my only grocery item — a package of bakery cookies.

How do fat people have no shame about that? Fatties should be embarrassed, and certainly made to feel embarrassed, for even being in the bakery area or cookie aisle. It’s a sign of how fatties have been allowed to normalize their behavior.

It’s sad that it took so long for someone to speak up and advise her not to get cookies. When it comes to observing fatties making bad choices, when you see something, say something.

by Anonymousreply 177July 1, 2024 3:01 PM

Does anyone believe this actually happened exactly as described? Was he really dressed like that? Did SHE look at him with disgust first?

by Anonymousreply 178July 1, 2024 3:02 PM

[quote] “Just the one, dear?”

Now you see?

THIS would have been the cunty remark that would have shocked her into putting the cookies back.

It's cunty, but not mean.

by Anonymousreply 179July 1, 2024 3:03 PM

Sure, she judged his appearance and manner, but she kept it to herself. He could have done the same thing. Instead he really did show his ass.

by Anonymousreply 180July 1, 2024 3:04 PM

R165 Much better.

by Anonymousreply 181July 1, 2024 3:14 PM

At least he cares. Most of us don't care if she eats herself into diabetes, heart attacks, strokes, etc.

by Anonymousreply 182July 1, 2024 3:27 PM

So R182, do you think everyone who isn't fat should suddenly start monitoring strangers in grocery stores to show they "care?"

by Anonymousreply 183July 1, 2024 3:32 PM

I've been noticing obese people a lot this summer and wondering why someone would want to live that life. I would do anything- surgery, drugs, starvation whatever- to not stay like that.

by Anonymousreply 184July 1, 2024 3:41 PM

Before NYC was gentrified the correct response would have been mind your FUCKING business. Accompanied by a threat to beat their ass. Those days seem gone.

by Anonymousreply 185July 1, 2024 3:42 PM

She may have been fat shamed for a few moments, but did she WAIL in a parking garage for 20 minutes? I don't think so!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186July 1, 2024 3:48 PM

As a fellow fat person (not that fat, but still fat) , I have a hard time believing this is the 1st time someone has fat shamed her. She should have done what most of us fellow fats do, suck it up and take it, because it's the truth. The way to avoid these comments is to do something about it and lose some weight. I am trying. I sure as hell wouldn't have still bought the cookies, for fucks sake. You learn early on when you're larger that the world does not have to be nice to you. She could have just ignored him but no, she had to make a YUGE deal of a nothing burger.

by Anonymousreply 187July 1, 2024 3:51 PM

R180, but DID she keep it to herself? A look of disgust is sending a hurtful message too. I can fully see a scenario where she makes her opinion of him clear with her face, then he's like not today, bitch, and reads her for filth.

by Anonymousreply 188July 1, 2024 3:51 PM

PUT THE ENTENMANNS DOWN, YOU FAT WHORE!

by Anonymousreply 189July 1, 2024 3:54 PM

She's being fat shamed more for calling attention to this. She had 3 years to lose weight and revenge herself on that kween but instead wants to whine and carry a grudge.

by Anonymousreply 190July 1, 2024 3:54 PM

fette Sau!

by Anonymousreply 191July 1, 2024 3:55 PM

The correct response is “the cookies are a treat for my dying father.”

by Anonymousreply 192July 1, 2024 3:55 PM

To make it clear, I'm doubting her greeted with a smile claim. She critiques his appearance in her telling of the story. I dont think this happened like she suggests We are always the heros in our stories.

by Anonymousreply 193July 1, 2024 3:56 PM

Too bad she didn't live in a stand your ground state. A strange man confronting a woman in a grocery store seems like a good place for it.

by Anonymousreply 194July 1, 2024 3:56 PM

[quote] I've been noticing obese people a lot this summer and wondering why someone would want to live that life

You realize that's exactly what people say about gays, don't you???

Dumb, hypocritical CUNT!!

by Anonymousreply 195July 1, 2024 4:08 PM

I moved to LA in the 90s when I was 22. I was about 5’5”, 125 pounds. I would get judged by salesclerks all the time for being “LA fat.”

One said to me “are you sure you can fit into that?” when I was buying something.

And these cunts worked on commission back then!

Of course I haven’t even thought about this in 30 years, much less wailed in a parking lot.

by Anonymousreply 196July 1, 2024 4:12 PM

R196 is Vivian from Pretty Woman.

by Anonymousreply 197July 1, 2024 4:20 PM

[quote] You realize that's exactly what people say about gays, don't you???

Being gay won’t kill you and it isn’t a choice like obesity really is in the end.

by Anonymousreply 198July 1, 2024 4:29 PM

[quote] This story is absurd from beginning to end. It never happened.

But she wishes it did and that's what matters.

[quote] They're just using you to feed their ego, which is ultimately what all women do.

News flash--that's what everybody does.

by Anonymousreply 199July 1, 2024 4:44 PM

[quote] Being gay won’t kill you and it isn’t a choice like obesity really is in the end

Totally! R198

by Anonymousreply 200July 1, 2024 4:48 PM

[quote] Being gay won’t kill you and it isn’t a choice like obesity really is in the end.

Deplorables and MAGATS would say that it IS a choice.

Doctors might argue that being obese is hereditary and NOT a choice.

So shut the fuck up you fat shamer!

I'm not fat, but I really hate bullies and hypocrites

You demand acceptance from straight people, and yet you display your bigoted and discriminatory hatred towards fat people.

That is the ULTIMATE hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 201July 1, 2024 5:34 PM

[quote] yet you display your bigoted and discriminatory hatred towards fat people.

SHRIEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

MOOOOO! MOOOOOOOOO! STAMPEDE!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 202July 1, 2024 5:37 PM

Lady, it's spelled P-H-A-T.

by Anonymousreply 203July 1, 2024 5:38 PM

No one's saying weight loss is easy or that people should stay out of sight until their BMI is 25 or less. It's just plain delusional, however, to pretend that the only issues are cosmetic.

by Anonymousreply 204July 1, 2024 5:54 PM

[quote] No one's saying weight loss is easy or that people should stay out of sight until their BMI is 25 or less.

Indeed, it should be hard, as the just consequence for fatties letting themselves go. They should stay out of sight if they while they are engaged in gluttony or buying unhealthy food products. It generates a lot of disgust in the normal people who see them do it.

by Anonymousreply 205July 1, 2024 6:02 PM

Everytime this thread pop ups in ny feed I kept help but to read her shirt in the Rick Ross “Everday I’m hustling” melody.

by Anonymousreply 206July 1, 2024 6:22 PM

R205 you do realize these are human beings with feelings and rights, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 207July 1, 2024 6:43 PM

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

by Anonymousreply 208July 1, 2024 6:45 PM

[quote] you do realize these are human beings with feelings and rights, don't you?

I believe r208’s reply is the proper response.

by Anonymousreply 209July 1, 2024 7:52 PM

Fat people don't like being fat and they don't get fat on purpose. If anything, fat people have low self esteem and they don't know how to treat themselves and their bodies well. Food provides a comfort that they don't get from friends and family or the world at large that reinforces they are not good enough. It's a vicious cycle and not helped by bouncy cunts telling them to put down the cookies.

by Anonymousreply 210July 1, 2024 8:05 PM

[quote] Fat people don't like being fat

Sadly, they don’t like being pulled from the feed trough more than they don’t like being fat. You have to increase a fatty’s dissatisfaction with being fat, through shame or otherwise, until it’s greater than their desire to be gluttonous.

by Anonymousreply 211July 1, 2024 8:34 PM

[quote]AIDs victim

Guess you’ve never been to Africa.

by Anonymousreply 212July 1, 2024 8:41 PM

[quote]You demand acceptance from straight people, and yet you display your bigoted and discriminatory hatred towards fat people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 1, 2024 8:44 PM

I wonder if he'd comment on her choices in feminine hygiene products.

by Anonymousreply 214July 1, 2024 8:51 PM

Does she have a partially missing leg?

by Anonymousreply 215July 1, 2024 8:59 PM

I think peer pressure is also partly to blame. I couldn’t imagine living in some hick town and being health conscious. A bunch of toothless weebles making fun of the one guy who was out jogging.

by Anonymousreply 216July 1, 2024 9:07 PM

[quote] Does she have a partially missing leg?

I assume she ate it.

by Anonymousreply 217July 1, 2024 9:14 PM

A few posters here are eating their feelings.

by Anonymousreply 218July 1, 2024 9:49 PM

Please, come to Indonesia, honey. We'd love to have you.

by Anonymousreply 219July 1, 2024 10:35 PM

🐄 🐄 🐄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220July 1, 2024 10:48 PM

Body dysmorphic here. I always hated my skinny 6'2", 175 lb body. I did everything I could to gain muscle and fat because all I saw was a skeletal, pale waif. Now that I'm in my 40's, I'm a good 50 lbs overweight and I'm now beginning my weight loss journey because I'm recognizing this is not healthy. It's been a shitty ride.

by Anonymousreply 221July 2, 2024 3:24 AM

Fuck off, R221.

Motherfucking humble bragger.

by Anonymousreply 222July 2, 2024 4:12 AM

R221 MARY!

by Anonymousreply 223July 2, 2024 6:23 AM

This thread is a perfect example of the cruelty of gay people that this lady was talking about.

by Anonymousreply 224July 2, 2024 1:48 PM

Helping fat people to see when they are making bad food choices, as the man in the original story tried to do, is not cruel. If she been more open to accepting help, he might have been a catalyst for her to put down the cookies and turn her life around.

by Anonymousreply 225July 2, 2024 2:02 PM

Who’s losing sleep over some dude running around in daisy dukes and a crop top insulting them?

by Anonymousreply 226July 2, 2024 2:36 PM

R225 if you saw somebody smoking a cigarette would you tell them they'd get cancer? I mean wouldn't it be "cruel" NOT to?

by Anonymousreply 227July 2, 2024 2:37 PM

[quote]This thread is a perfect example of the cruelty of black people that this lady was talking about.

There you go. Does it sound better or worse now?

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 228July 2, 2024 2:39 PM

One may assume that grocery store she went to, was not a health food specialty store.

by Anonymousreply 229July 2, 2024 2:46 PM

Fat fat water rat fifty bullets in your hat!

by Anonymousreply 230July 2, 2024 3:17 PM

Obviously, grocery stores love fat people, so they aren’t going to do anything about the issue of fatties buying snacks and desserts. Society has to step in.

by Anonymousreply 231July 2, 2024 3:52 PM

She better not go to Asia. They don't hold back about fat comments.

by Anonymousreply 232July 2, 2024 4:37 PM

Gurl call me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233July 2, 2024 5:48 PM

R231- The processed food companies like Nestle's and Kraft also LOVE fat people. I've decided they might be behind movements like FAT ACCEPTANCE.

by Anonymousreply 234July 2, 2024 8:31 PM

Good god. Some people are fat. You obsessive control freaks need to get a life.

by Anonymousreply 235July 2, 2024 8:57 PM

Does she have a snack purse?

by Anonymousreply 236July 2, 2024 9:02 PM

R236- No, she has a snack POCKETBOOK

by Anonymousreply 237July 2, 2024 9:05 PM

This gets me every time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238July 2, 2024 9:17 PM

[quote] Good god. Some people are fat. You obsessive control freaks need to get a life.

The only thing necessary for obesity to triumph in the world is that good normal sized people do nothing. It’s an obligation to speak up even if it makes people uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 239July 2, 2024 9:26 PM

That heifer should move back to the Midwest pronto! Thr rest of us don't want to see fats.

by Anonymousreply 240July 2, 2024 9:45 PM

OP's pic is upsetting. There's an incalculable amount of weight on just one hoof. You can almost hear the trembling of the bones before they give way and snap.

by Anonymousreply 241July 2, 2024 10:04 PM

How many total strangers have you confronted in the grocery store, R239?

I can answer that: ZERO.

by Anonymousreply 242July 2, 2024 10:07 PM

He must live in an environment where thar sort of this is seen as ok; feel sorry for him. I'd say he believes he has to be flawless or he'll be torn to shreds by his 'friends'. Happy, decent adults don't insult people for no reason...his empathy Meter is way off.

by Anonymousreply 243July 2, 2024 10:28 PM

Keep in mind, r242, to do the right thing, you can also use clear expression to communicate nonverbally to a fatty that they are doing wrong. If they have any shame left, they go back and put the most offending products back on the shelf.

by Anonymousreply 244July 2, 2024 10:28 PM

Omg GET A LIFE.

by Anonymousreply 245July 3, 2024 12:08 AM

Imagine if black people had social media in the Jim Crow south. Lawd. Internet servers would overload and crash.

These white people need to toughen up.

by Anonymousreply 246July 3, 2024 12:23 AM

R241- ORCA I mean Oprah is quite the HEIFER much of the time. You would think with her $3.5 billion net worth and her annual income of $300 million dollars! She would be able to afford a proper trainer and health regime.

I know my second sentence was all fucked up - so don't OH DEAR me.

by Anonymousreply 247July 3, 2024 1:09 AM

R241 I think she is an amputee.

by Anonymousreply 248July 3, 2024 1:19 AM

^ Was it the diah-beee-dis?

by Anonymousreply 249July 3, 2024 2:46 AM

[quote] ORCA I mean Oprah is quite the HEIFER much of the time. You would think with her $3.5 billion net worth and her annual income of $300 million dollars! She would be able to afford a proper trainer and health regime.

She tried Ozempic, but then it started coming out of both ends!

by Anonymousreply 250July 3, 2024 3:54 PM

I've never been in that exact situation but when someone in a grocery store made a rude remark to me, I ripped him a new one in front of his kid and told him he was an embarrassment as a parent because he set such a poor example. I don't remember the particulars of the comment, but it was about being old and not moving quickly enough with my cart.

When people attempt to bully someone they perceive as weaker or less able, they don't anticipate a humiliating response. Deal with the situation then and there and then never think of it again, unless there's a DL post about something similar.

by Anonymousreply 251July 3, 2024 4:14 PM

DL catnip

by Anonymousreply 252July 3, 2024 4:16 PM

She should have responded "and you don't need those teeth, and keep running your fresh mouth I'll make sure you lose 'em".

by Anonymousreply 253July 3, 2024 4:17 PM

R252- Meow meow Henrietta Pussycat Meow meow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254July 3, 2024 4:19 PM

She only came in for 1 cookie, she was planning on eating 1 cookie from the pack and freezing the rest

by Anonymousreply 255July 3, 2024 4:20 PM

This is when you use a delivery service and have them leave it at your door so you don't have to see them

by Anonymousreply 256July 3, 2024 4:26 PM

R253 He doesn’t need the teeth because he sucks dick.

by Anonymousreply 257July 3, 2024 5:20 PM

[quote] This is when you use a delivery service and have them leave it at your door so you don't have to see them

That would be better if eating cookies were fat people’s secret shame rather than having them in the grocery store flaunting their disregard for society’s proper disapproval of their bad food choices.

by Anonymousreply 258July 3, 2024 5:25 PM

[Quote] —ThrillerNight

Wachu tokin bout, willus?

by Anonymousreply 259July 3, 2024 5:30 PM

If she used a Snap card (food stamps) to pay for it the guy probably would have hissed at her.

by Anonymousreply 260July 3, 2024 6:20 PM

It’s true that if she was using SNAP the situation would have been worse and she would have been even more guilty.

by Anonymousreply 261July 3, 2024 6:31 PM

All men are delighted by my plus-sized body, many have declared a preference for someone shaped like me.

by Anonymousreply 262July 3, 2024 6:56 PM

[quote] All men are delighted by my plus-sized body

When you fall over? Fat people falling videos are hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 263July 3, 2024 7:15 PM

R255 - a third of those cookies were gone before her car left the parking lot.

by Anonymousreply 264July 3, 2024 7:42 PM

You’d be surprised how many men like sex with fat people. That’s what the bear community represents.

by Anonymousreply 265July 3, 2024 7:55 PM

R265 - well, I take issue with what is allowed to be called 'bears'. Used to be guys who were 25-50 pounds overweight and hairy. Husky. Now it's all the guys who've never seen the inside of a gym call themselves bears.

In the same way, some men prefer curves - which means bigger breasts and ass, but still a defined waist. Now all obese women say they're curvy - but you can't see a single curve on them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266July 3, 2024 9:30 PM

I she leaning on an electric fence?

by Anonymousreply 267July 4, 2024 3:13 AM

Some people are assholes it’s weird this particular asshole made her so upset she wrote an article

by Anonymousreply 268July 4, 2024 4:25 AM

They love our money not our values.

by Anonymousreply 269July 4, 2024 4:54 AM

She is obese and needs to lose weight. She’s also a psycho for obsessing on a stupid event. An asshole saying it doesn’t change the reality.

by Anonymousreply 270July 4, 2024 7:10 AM

R266, bears has always been a broad category in terms of weight for as far as I know. There's just more of them on the bigger side now because America is fatter. But it always could mean husky or fat fat or fat fat fat. But with body hair. What's more interesting is the guys on scruff that call themselves bear but are ripped with nice pecs.

by Anonymousreply 271July 4, 2024 7:32 AM

Good.

by Anonymousreply 272July 4, 2024 9:27 AM

I don't understand why she greeted a stranger in the supermarket in the first place. As an introvert, I find that in itself extremely offensive. I don't care what size you are, but don't be trying to converse with me when I don't know you.

by Anonymousreply 273July 4, 2024 10:36 AM

She missed an opportunity. All it would take is for her to respond " can you tell what food choices would be better?". If the guy is a jerk he'll just blow her off. If he's genuinely wanting to help her he will have a conversation with her about those better choices and perhaps show her where to find them in the grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 274July 4, 2024 11:15 AM

Whatever the reality of the situation (and I still strongly suspect she gave a judgy look at his attire before he got catty), it was four years ago. Does anyone here remember what some random bitchy queen said to him four years ago? I doubt it. At worst, a rude remark sours your mood of the moment, but you've forgotten it by dinner that night. I cannot imagine obsessing over something like this to the point I know the exact day and am writing about it four years later.

by Anonymousreply 275July 4, 2024 11:45 AM

R274 He'd probably roll his eyes and ask if she read or meanly suggest salad, fruit and veggies, lean proteins. Then throw his hands up in the air and say how can someone not know this? Are all whale people so ignorant? Then dance down the aisle singing no pain, no gain.

by Anonymousreply 276July 4, 2024 12:52 PM

The woman chose to make this story not have a happy ending. After the encounter with the man looking out for her well-being, she could have decided to put the cookies down and make a vow to lose all the unsightly excess weight. It would have been a sweet story of how a stranger changed her life immeasurably for the better. Instead, she chose to be the cunt who blamed the messenger rather than using the opportunity to turn her life around.

by Anonymousreply 277July 4, 2024 1:09 PM

Melissa is a certified life coach who prefers a hug to a handshake and has been known to dance with clients—while letting integrity lead. Her authenticity, approach, experience, and passion has been instrumental in the development of an extensive and loyal network of friends and co-creators who call her a friend.

At her core, Melissa desires each person she connects with to achieve the results they desire. And this is what makes her unique. She’s armed with knowledge, resources, experience, solutions, passion, and inspiration to not only dream big, but make dreams come true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278July 4, 2024 1:23 PM

How could anyone trust an overweight life coach, when she can’t even coach herself to fix her problem with overeating?

by Anonymousreply 279July 4, 2024 1:28 PM

Loyal network of friends who call her a friend?

by Anonymousreply 280July 4, 2024 1:30 PM

Life Coach- Those who can get a job . Those who have no skills or abilities become Life Coaches.

by Anonymousreply 281July 4, 2024 1:32 PM

An in-shape person who has to address a complete stranger and say "You don't need those" is obviously suffering from his own emotional issues and insecurities. You don't have the right to invade other people's boundaries who are minding their own business. I don't know why that's even in dispute.

by Anonymousreply 282July 4, 2024 2:16 PM

[quote]I she leaning on an electric fence?

Unlikely. The fence is still standing.

by Anonymousreply 283July 4, 2024 2:19 PM

Not much of a life coach if she can't accept some friendly advice, is she?

by Anonymousreply 284July 4, 2024 2:44 PM

R278 Only whores wear sequins during the day.

by Anonymousreply 285July 4, 2024 3:27 PM

R278 Corpulent influence would be a better name. What does “Uncorped” even mean?

by Anonymousreply 286July 4, 2024 3:32 PM

It's an outmoded term but the man was no gentleman. It never hurts to be one.

by Anonymousreply 287July 4, 2024 3:34 PM

[quote]An in-shape person who has to address a complete stranger and say "You don't need those" is obviously suffering from his own emotional issues and insecurities

The in-shape person is not the bad person here. Remember, the fat woman is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 288July 4, 2024 4:06 PM

YOU are the problem, R288.

by Anonymousreply 289July 4, 2024 6:02 PM

[quote] After the encounter with the man looking out for her well-being

Oh, please.

He wasn't "looking out for her."

He was just being a nasty cunt.

by Anonymousreply 290July 4, 2024 6:03 PM

[quote]YOU are the problem, [R288].

Are you a great big fat person, r289?

by Anonymousreply 291July 4, 2024 6:07 PM

Yeah, I'm on team she's being overdramatic, especially after four years, but the idea that, assuming it transpired as she says, he was just looking out for her is ridiculous. He was being a bitchy queen. Don't turn him into a hero, because he is not.

by Anonymousreply 292July 4, 2024 6:09 PM

[quote]Don't turn him into a hero, because he is not.

Well, a lot of people wish they could confront fatties about their eating, but they don't have the nerve. This guy spoke out, so there's some credit for that.

by Anonymousreply 293July 4, 2024 6:13 PM

R292 - he IS a hero because she made all of this shit up.

She is the villain - making up a story, lying about it, insinuating the man was gay, claiming massive victimhood and writing about it 4 years later?

by Anonymousreply 294July 4, 2024 6:18 PM

[quote] What's more interesting is the guys on scruff that call themselves bear but are ripped with nice pecs.

That was the original meaning of bear - hairier guys who were a bit more thick bodied but still relatively solid/fit.

Until the obese fatties took over the meaning and destroyed it.

by Anonymousreply 295July 4, 2024 6:24 PM

[QUOTE]She is obese and needs to lose weight. She’s also a psycho for obsessing on a stupid event. An asshole saying it doesn’t change the reality.

ROFL talk about obsessing over it, look in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 296July 4, 2024 6:29 PM

[quote] Well, a lot of people wish they could confront fatties about their eating, but they don't have the nerve. This guy spoke out, so there's some credit for that.

In what world is it okay for someone to confront a total stranger about their eating habits, which are NONE of their business??

I swear, some of you are fucking deranged!!

by Anonymousreply 297July 4, 2024 6:30 PM

R297 - if people can make comments to smokers or to excessively drunk people, then why do they get this bubble of protection?

The reason why people are supporting him - which by the way, never happened during the pandemic - is because she's making herself such a victim over an obvious lie.

Obviously nobody supports shaming people in public - but I support him in this made up scenario because I hate liars and playing the victim.

by Anonymousreply 298July 4, 2024 6:37 PM

Seacow thread.

by Anonymousreply 299July 4, 2024 6:43 PM

[quote]In what world is it okay for someone to confront a total stranger about their eating habits, which are NONE of their business??

We need people to get involved with society, especially to combat the obesity epidemic. This wasn't a fat woman in the produce section, trying to do the right thing. She had a package of cookies, her only purchase. The situation was clear.

by Anonymousreply 300July 4, 2024 6:44 PM

R299 more like Moocow thread.

by Anonymousreply 301July 4, 2024 6:45 PM

Why is this thread popular? Are u all fat and insecure?

by Anonymousreply 302July 4, 2024 6:47 PM

R300 - you are absolutely insane.

by Anonymousreply 303July 4, 2024 6:55 PM

Since when did someone’s bad eating habits hurt anyone but themselves? Smoking has the potential to hurt others through second hand smoke, drinkers or druggies can drive or assault someone. If someone eats too many eclairs I’m not going to feel it.

Men just don't like looking at fatties and try to rationalize their irrational behavior towards them.

by Anonymousreply 304July 4, 2024 7:21 PM

I see some of you becoming Guardian Angels, hovering over the Entenmann's display, ready to bodycheck a fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 305July 4, 2024 8:11 PM

I see some of you becoming crazy enraged vigilantes protecting the Entenmann's display from everyone whose very existence you want to terminate.

by Anonymousreply 306July 4, 2024 8:31 PM

THE GUY Bacteria HAS TAken OVER MAH brain And Tells me TO Get the Sugar and the Fats!!!

I DO what the Gut Bacteria Say and I eat the fat and sweet!! It's the BAD GUT BACTERIA CONTROLING MAH BRAIN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307July 4, 2024 9:57 PM

[quote]I see some of you becoming Guardian Angels, hovering over the Entenmann's display, ready to bodycheck a fat whore.

What you are saying unintentionally is that it would require someone to physically prevent a fat person from buying several boxes on Entenmann's and eating them in one sitting. Why can't the scenario be that a fat person tries to buy some Entenmann's, a Good Samaritan notices and advises the fat person that it is inappropriate for them and the fat person puts in back?

by Anonymousreply 308July 4, 2024 10:20 PM

This thread is making me hungry as HELL!

by Anonymousreply 309July 4, 2024 10:59 PM

I'm going to get something low-calorie, low-fat from the freezer and have that for dinner. Vegetables sound good, plus maybe a veggie burger.

by Anonymousreply 310July 4, 2024 11:06 PM

She said guys who looked like him slept with her and told her they loved her body type.

by Anonymousreply 311July 4, 2024 11:07 PM

[quote]She said guys who looked like him slept with her and told her they loved her body type.

Now that's describing a guy who is psychologically damaged.

by Anonymousreply 312July 4, 2024 11:14 PM

Maybe they just like larger women. It's possible. There's closet chubby chasers out there.

by Anonymousreply 313July 4, 2024 11:18 PM

[quote] I'm going to get something low-calorie, low-fat from the freezer and have that for dinner. Vegetables sound good, plus maybe a veggie burger.

You're really fucking annoying.

by Anonymousreply 314July 5, 2024 12:14 AM

r314, if it inspires someone to cut back on overeating, it's a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 315July 5, 2024 12:17 AM

What you all might be missing is why this tank topped, ripped abbed, short shorted, FIT, healthy dude might have perceived as she sashayed toward him with lustful eyes and bright wide smile.

It's the same look the good-looking, hot guys in the gym or at the bar on on the dance floor get over and over and over as creepy, old dudes wink at them, or fat, sweaty blobs think they have the right to cruise way, WAY out of their league and expect the beautiful men to be nice, to be engaging, to be humble and say, how sweet of you to notice. Get real. These guys get hit on all the time because they spend a great amount of time, energy and ambition looking that way. But that doesn't give anyone the right to just pop into their space fawn all over them.

He saw her coming with just that attitude she describes as "I've had guys like that before who DIG my look" so YOU will too. He might have been so tired of that bold, clueless approach and simply put her in her place immediately albeit a bit rudely. The sly smile back wasn't necessary but his way of saying, Stay in your own Lane, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 316July 5, 2024 12:34 AM

“Shouldn’t you be eating salads?”

by Anonymousreply 317July 5, 2024 12:48 AM

R316 that is a fair point. If she made the first approach that does change things somewhat

by Anonymousreply 318July 5, 2024 3:54 AM

Agree, r88. She was about to hit on him, he blocked her, and she ran whining to get her photo taken to commemorate her victim status.

by Anonymousreply 319July 5, 2024 11:48 AM

She’s a bit skinny, poor thing

by Anonymousreply 320July 5, 2024 12:10 PM

r169 her food issues are her coping skills.

by Anonymousreply 321July 5, 2024 12:15 PM

She looks like she has two sets of breasts like an Indian Goddess warrior. It could’ve been so much worse, she could’ve been accused of shoplifting.

by Anonymousreply 322July 7, 2024 12:56 PM

R316- This reminds me the same type of situation with that woman who had the VERY long chin and looked like a FUCKIN WITCH and she flirted with some good looking guy on bumble or somewhere and he rejected her and she ragged out and got him fired from his job. She was going after someone WAY out of her league too.

by Anonymousreply 323July 7, 2024 3:23 PM

What a whiney whore! Bitches like her are why I moved out of Woke California!

by Anonymousreply 324July 7, 2024 8:14 PM

Amen, sister @R324. Between the gays and the overweight, LA and Mailbu is H-E double hockey sticks. For the sake of my faith, I had to leave. God's Great American Family is straight and white.

by Anonymousreply 325July 7, 2024 9:46 PM

[quote] I held it together long enough to walk across the parking lot to my car — a distance I purposely kept to get extra steps in

Aw.

by Anonymousreply 326September 28, 2024 12:43 PM

OP Heal with a friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327September 28, 2024 12:48 PM

[quote] The man who fat-shamed me ... [was] wearing ... a tank top that revealed his contoured abs. [H]e appeared as the epitome of a California stereotype: a health nut and yoga enthusiast[.] ... I remember lighting up when I saw this man and greeting him with a huge smile. Honestly, he looked like some of the men I've dated — men who were delighted with my plus-sized body, many of whom declared a preference for someone shaped like me.

This part didn't make sense. I call bullshit on her dating men who are in good shape with contoured abs, who have a preference for her body type.

by Anonymousreply 328September 28, 2024 11:30 PM

How fat is OP?

by Anonymousreply 329September 29, 2024 1:20 AM

A robust HISS back at him would be the proper Datalounge response!

by Anonymousreply 330September 29, 2024 1:44 AM

"I remember lighting up when I saw this man and greeting him with a huge smile."

I live in a big city. Strangers who "light up" and smile "huge" smiles either want to have sex with me or want to sell me drugs.

by Anonymousreply 331September 29, 2024 2:44 AM

Some people are fat. Your disapproval will not change that. Feeling superior to fat people is a very small moral "victory."

by Anonymousreply 332September 30, 2024 9:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!