Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Genoa City Summer

How are you spending your summer days in Genoa City?

Enjoying the Chancellor-Winters escapades?

Waiting for Diane and Kyle to get into a full scale war?

Savoring Victor's impending revenge against Jack?

Counting the days until Jordan escapes prison and returns to get revenge on Nikki and the Newmans?

by Anonymousreply 73July 25, 2024 10:37 AM

Link to the previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2024 12:59 AM

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens with Conner and his OCD.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2024 1:05 AM

I miss Vanessa Prentiss

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2024 1:18 AM

Where the hell is Lorie Brooks when you need her? We need something heavy going on.

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2024 3:17 AM

is pig nose Nina still on? How did they get rid of Jill?

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2024 3:48 AM

R5 Junkyard JIll is in London being treated by Snaps, but she's still around. We saw her barking her lines into a web cam last week. Look for her on Monday as well.

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2024 12:36 AM

I love how there's a Chancellor-Winters corporate board meeting, yet there's no secretary there to record the minutes. Not even ditzy Esther? .. And if Jill was against the split up, why didn't she talk FIRST to try to make her case?

Dear gawd in heaven. Alan says he just read Traci's novel "Echos of the Past" and couldn't put it down, saying he stayed up all night to finish it. .. He must watch Lifetime Television for Women as well. .. Let's not introduce Alan to Danny Romalotti. .. Traci might miss out.

Harrison Harrison Harrison ... Think anyone will ever start calling this kid "Harry?"

by Anonymousreply 7July 2, 2024 3:24 AM

We need Gloria back fulltime.

by Anonymousreply 8July 2, 2024 3:56 AM

The board has like what, five members? This show doesn't even try. Can we at least move past this ridiculously boring CW storyline that NO ONE cares about?

by Anonymousreply 9July 2, 2024 2:11 PM

In recent years, I only turn it on for a couple minutes at a time.

What strikes me is how, lately, they’ve given up on blocking.

So many scenes where almost everyone is sitting. It’s visually inert. There is no sense of movement.

by Anonymousreply 10July 2, 2024 7:38 PM

[quote] Let's not introduce Alan to Danny Romalotti. .. Traci might miss out.

Guess who shows up in Paris next week.

by Anonymousreply 11July 5, 2024 9:31 AM

Could I get an interview?

by Anonymousreply 12July 5, 2024 2:30 PM

R12, you made me laugh!

by Anonymousreply 13July 5, 2024 3:17 PM

OMG! .. Nick actually mentioned Christian.

by Anonymousreply 14July 5, 2024 8:14 PM

It stinks here

by Anonymousreply 15July 5, 2024 8:24 PM

Agreed. Stinky cheese and tuna nastiness that would get them banned at their "home boards"

by Anonymousreply 16July 6, 2024 1:47 AM

Aunt Jack seemed downright giddy over the prospect of Traci gettin' some from Alan. .. Made me laugh. .. Girlfriend wants the deets.

And of course, Alan is a big fan of Rock On's. .. Gee .. If Danny and Cricket want to tell Alan a funny story, they should recount the time when Cricket Blair Teen Model found Traci with her head in the oven, and instead of calling 911, she called Danny to come over. .. They waited so long to call emergency services, I'm surprised Traci didn't end up brain dead.

Please, no .. just no to Shick 4.0 or whatever version release this would be. .. And Nick doesn't want to try dating apps? .. Why not? .. He'd be VERY popular. .. Or, he could also just go hang out in the GCAC Steam Room.

Goat Daddy sure did like whatever that was he was scarfing down at Crimson Lights. .. It looked like the same croissants sitting in front of the quartet in Paris.

Did anyone else notice JaBottom's butt hanging over the end of that bar stool at Society? .. Best scene of the day.

by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2024 7:17 PM

Dear Gawd in Heaven. I thought Y&R had finally stopped playing that old record about Daniel being responsible for Cassie's death.

Let's review:

!) Being underage, Cassie wasn't even supposed to be at JT's keg party, but had to go, because she knew her "crush" Daniel was going to be there. She put on makeup and wore these ridiculous disco boots to try to make herself look older. Plus, she was already grounded due to bad behavior, and to go out, she lied and begged her parents to let her out one night to go to the movies with her friends.

2) Because Daniel had been drinking, he knew he shouldn't drive, so he did the RESPONSIBLE thing and crawled into the backseat of his car to sleep it off.

3) Unbeknownst to Daniel, stupid Cassie decided she could drive her crush home, so without his permission, she took his keys and got behind the wheel of his car.

4) Being only 14, Cassie had no driver's license, plus she was wearing those silly boots - not good for driving, ever.

5) Cassie ran them off the road and crashed the car; she could have killed the sleeping Daniel, who wasn't even strapped in with a seat belt. It was believed Cassie herself hadn't been wearing a seat belt (why she was thrown from the car).

6) Cassie was in the hospital and post-surgery was considered stable .. that is UNTIL she decided to take off on her own, walking the dirty streets of Genoa City.

7) It was that action that led to Cassie's infection worsening and turning into SEPSIS, so she basically KILLED HERSELF.

by Anonymousreply 18July 10, 2024 9:40 PM

Cassie’s arms weren’t as FAT back then. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 19July 11, 2024 5:52 AM

Wouldn't a couple of houseplants in red and black wigs be cheaper, and equally effective, as keeping the Tessa and Moo-riah actresses?

by Anonymousreply 20July 11, 2024 3:28 PM

Traci sweats like a pig.

by Anonymousreply 21July 11, 2024 3:32 PM

R18, were Daniel, JT, and their crew of legal drinking age?

What was the name of Lily’s friend (or maybe she was Cassie’s friend?)? The actor was related to a higher up on the show, I think.

Also, whatever happened to Cassie’s Corner at the coffee shop?

by Anonymousreply 22July 11, 2024 4:36 PM

Lily and Colleen’s friend was Sierra (Oreo Cookie, as they referred to her on old message boards). The actor (Asia Ray Smith) was related to then head writer, John Smith.

by Anonymousreply 23July 11, 2024 5:10 PM

Is this the same show that had Adam play gay, dress like a woman and gaslight Ashley, burn a fetus in the fireplace, and run a little girl down like a dog in the street? And now he drinks coffee and zooms with Miss Connor?

by Anonymousreply 24July 11, 2024 5:32 PM

I love how mother-of-the-year Victoria is just now asking Katie about school. She's been home how many weeks now? Also I hope Katie's turn to being nice to Claire is only a ruse to get close to her so that she later shoves Claire into a burning building.

by Anonymousreply 25July 11, 2024 6:13 PM

Thanks, R23! I liked that character.

by Anonymousreply 26July 11, 2024 6:45 PM

I noticed today that they've finally removed Brytni Sarpy from the credits. .. I guess "executive in charge" Steve Kent must finally be earning his pay, having looked around and asked, "Who the hell is this 'Elena?' character, and why is the actress still on-contract after nine months of not being played?"

by Anonymousreply 27July 11, 2024 7:37 PM

R22 JT would have been 21 that year (2005), since Coleen helped him celebrate his 19th birthday in 2003. And I believe Daniel had just turned 18. (He was said to be that age not that long after when he and 17-year old Lily ran off to Vegas to get married with her forged consent form "signed" by her bio-father Malcolm). And yes, one of the charges against him when Cassie was still alive was underage drinking while the more serious charge of DUI was erroneous.

by Anonymousreply 28July 11, 2024 9:31 PM

I just want Chance to reveal as much flesh as possible on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 29July 11, 2024 10:40 PM

Regular probably ain't gonna happen now that Chance has been bumped to recurring.

by Anonymousreply 30July 11, 2024 11:03 PM

[quote]I noticed today that they've finally removed Brytni Sarpy from the credits

I supposed Brytni could go back to General Hospital as Valerie Spencer. However, GH used her even less than Y&R did.

by Anonymousreply 31July 11, 2024 11:13 PM

Is that pig nosed tramp Nina still on?

by Anonymousreply 32July 12, 2024 12:13 AM

Nina. I do not appreciate people sashaying into MY office unannounced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 12, 2024 12:57 AM

Looks like someone bought a postcard of Pittsburgh at Sunset.

by Anonymousreply 34July 12, 2024 5:52 PM

Where is Aunt Jordan these days? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 35July 12, 2024 6:20 PM

Aunt Jordan's getting to know her new cellmate, Large Marge.

She never knew prison could be so much fun!

by Anonymousreply 36July 12, 2024 11:04 PM

Audra’s gettin’ some BBC on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 37July 12, 2024 11:07 PM

It would be news if town slut Audra wasn't getting cock

by Anonymousreply 38July 12, 2024 11:09 PM

Traci’s mussy is moist! Can Alan even find it? Get out the flour and roll Traci in it.

by Anonymousreply 39July 12, 2024 11:16 PM

Alan better bring a can or two of Blow-Off Air Duster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 13, 2024 8:43 AM

R40, Another suggestion for Alan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 13, 2024 9:31 AM

Susan Walters is the best actress on the show. I really never felt much about the character, but she really zings it.

by Anonymousreply 42July 13, 2024 10:32 AM

The best thing this show could do is dump Nikki, Victor, Jack, etc.

The characters are all played out. Hell, they were played out 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 43July 13, 2024 2:30 PM

Pity most of her scenes are with Jabottom and Aunt Jack

by Anonymousreply 44July 13, 2024 2:56 PM

I don't want to alarm you but your Jack is an impostor.

by Anonymousreply 45July 13, 2024 3:15 PM

Speaking of BBC, Queen Fairman reports that a casting call has been issued for a black actor to play a prominent contract role. Mid-forties with no less than 10+ inches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 13, 2024 10:51 PM

Can someone please arrange a day pass from the asylum so Miss Connor can take Lucy-Woman to get an age-appropriate hairstyle?!

by Anonymousreply 47July 17, 2024 5:10 PM

Uh, Lucy is busy stalking dull-as-dishwater Faith to bother with her hair.

by Anonymousreply 48July 17, 2024 5:59 PM

The lezzies disgust me! No Tessa and FAT Mariah!

by Anonymousreply 49July 17, 2024 6:44 PM

R23 why did they call her Oreo cookie?

by Anonymousreply 50July 17, 2024 6:47 PM

Of course, Paul doesn't want annoying Heather and OldLady Lucy dropping in on him over in Lisbon.

He's got a new Portuguese houseboy he's breaking in.

by Anonymousreply 51July 17, 2024 7:08 PM

How could Old Lady Lucy not be popular when her grandpa is Danny Ravioli? She could brag he's a hit in Paris right now. How does a strictly bowling alley/cheap cruise ship act rate that???

by Anonymousreply 52July 17, 2024 8:46 PM

I'm surprised Faith didn't ask Sharon why this strange 35-year old woman was giving her a bracelet: "She doesn't think I'm like Tessa and Mariah, does she?"

by Anonymousreply 53July 17, 2024 9:06 PM

Claire Claire Claire!

by Anonymousreply 54July 17, 2024 10:45 PM

Is Griffith trolling poor Camryn? He has waiflike Tessa watch Moo-riah stuff her face on a park bench for their anniversary? Will they go swimsuit shopping at Fenmore's next?

by Anonymousreply 55July 24, 2024 4:52 PM

Why is international singing sensation Tessa working as a hostess at Society?

by Anonymousreply 56July 24, 2024 7:25 PM

R56 Tessa's tour came to a SCREECHING halt when she developed some problem with her vocal cords a couple of years ago. She had to have surgery on them. I don't remember the exact outcome, but she hasn't sung much since then. I think the idea was that she might still be able to release songs online now and again. Right after that, she took a non-singing job (at Marchetti).

by Anonymousreply 57July 24, 2024 8:08 PM

I wish we could have a story where Nikki's total lack of business expertise, education and only being where she is because she is Victor's wife lead to the destruction of Chancellor Enterprises.

by Anonymousreply 58July 24, 2024 8:49 PM

[quote]Nikki's total lack of business expertise, education and only being where she is because she is Victor's wife lead to the destruction of Chancellor Enterprises.

That would definitely be a story! Quite a wild one.

Nikki's inexperience at Newman Enterprises leads to the destruction of Chancellor Enterprises.

But we've seen wilder business stories than that on Y&R. So bring it on!

by Anonymousreply 59July 24, 2024 9:13 PM

At this point she’s actually held legit corporate jobs for 30 years though.

I’d like to see the story with a newly entitled spouse or adult kid tho.

by Anonymousreply 60July 24, 2024 9:24 PM

When will Danny be making his next music video? Seriously though, this show was on all pistons during the brief time of Cricket, Nina, Phillip, Danny, realJill, Tracy making fun of fatty, and that gimp secretary up in everyone's business. Oh, and Niki trying to find a replacement for her when she thought she was dying. Oh yeah and a Brad in the shower when that crazy lady with the beautiful hair was holding him hostage. I loved Niki's sister KC. I was in highschool on the couch with a broken leg. I loved this show. I fell in love with Phillip. When the leg was done I gave up on the show but I do remember it being really good. I've watched various clips on YouTube from time to time. Sheila was the most. I almost tuned back in for her.

by Anonymousreply 61July 24, 2024 9:41 PM

Nikki actually has more corporate experience than DuhVon, Lily, and Billy.

DuhVon inherited his $2.7 billion. Before that he was a former street kid turned wannabe recording artist-producer. He went to college, but his degree was in music.

Lily and Billy are both nepo babies. Lily's path to the corporate world is much like Nikki's. She started out as some kind of model, then got into cosmetics. And just as Nikki bought her way into Jabot some 25 years ago by paying off the company's loans, Lily was handed a job by her father/brother to work at Hamilton-WInters. Can't recall? Was that before or after she was in prison?

And we all know Billy's story. If he weren't an Abbott, then Fuck Up Billy would be the cellphone counter clerk at Walmart. After attending one semester at GCU, he dropped out.

by Anonymousreply 62July 24, 2024 9:51 PM

Let’s not forget Mrs. Newman’s foray into politics.

by Anonymousreply 63July 24, 2024 9:55 PM

[quote]At this point she’s actually held legit corporate jobs for 30 years though.

Yet she still manages to come across as being in her very first week on the job.

by Anonymousreply 64July 24, 2024 10:00 PM

How dare you forget Billy’s venture as one of the world’s most exciting podcasters!

by Anonymousreply 65July 24, 2024 10:22 PM

Billy's best job was using his trust fund money to buy "Restless Style" and turn it into a quasi-tabloid that did exposées on the townsfolk.

Waiting for the day when Miss Connor decides to do a school report on his dad and comes across the article elaborating Adam's lust-filled hookup with Rafe. Billy got the details from longtime buddy Rafe.

by Anonymousreply 66July 24, 2024 10:51 PM

Y&R is so boring! Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 67July 25, 2024 1:21 AM

Mami still forcing cottage cheese on Traci while everyone else gets pancakes for breakfast?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 25, 2024 1:29 AM

That Tessa character comes across as mentally challenged. The way she was acting in the park with Mariah—baby talk, giggling, the silly fantasies—she just seemed develpmentally disabled, or special ed, like she needs a case worker and a conservator. Then, out come the stupid hats that look like they were made in a special day class.

by Anonymousreply 69July 25, 2024 4:58 AM

I heard Y&R is spending the most money in decades on the new set for Tessa and Mariah's new digs.

by Anonymousreply 70July 25, 2024 5:06 AM

It seems like they've been spending quite a bit on new sets lately. They had no less five new sets for the Ashley story in Paris; and there was the hotel suite in Baltimore for Adam and Chelsea. They've also reconfigured or added to the Chancellor Park set for the new space that everyone seems to be going to now (where Nate first brought Audra to watch the fake sunset).

by Anonymousreply 71July 25, 2024 5:11 AM

I live in Baltimore and never saw Adam or Chelsea walking around!

by Anonymousreply 72July 25, 2024 10:33 AM

Tessa is useless.

by Anonymousreply 73July 25, 2024 10:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!