Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The View — Part 29

In the whirlwind of the Campaign!

by Anonymousreply 600September 23, 2024 3:29 AM

Prior thread,

Keep on going!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2024 1:10 PM

Joy seemed miffed when Ana pointed out that she is the same age as Biden.

by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2024 4:41 PM

Fuck Joy. All she did was deflect back to Trump and use the cold excuse for his lackluster performance. As Sara said if a cold can take you out then maybe you shouldn't be POTUS.

The video of him at an after-party did show him to be much more animated. I'll bet he has debate anxiety and you could see some of his speaking patterns were to hold back the stuttering. Still, optics matter.

by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2024 9:27 PM

It's weird how Biden was perky and spry not much longer after his brutal debate showing. It occurred to me he could have been given something to fuck his head up. Anyone else suspicious that a drop of something gnarly was given to the old man prior to the debate?

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2024 1:45 AM

Did anyone suspect Tru.os deadly farts and toxic fumes?.

Did Trump get something from Putin for pooting?

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2024 1:47 AM

Surprised that Sara was so adamant that Biden step down. And that she called the show out for contributing to the minimization of Biden's problems.

Sunny of course retweets an article after the show implying that the debate was racist because it only focused on the problems of old, white men. Did she bring that up at all during the show?

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2024 2:06 AM

[quote] It's weird how Biden was perky and spry not much longer after his brutal debate showing.

His completely different demeanor at his event today makes me wonder if he “sundowns” and suffers from dementia in the evenings.

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2024 2:21 AM

R7, Putin gave Trump a new form if Novachok in odorless butt gas form. Trump took the antidote before he changed his diaper.

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2024 2:35 AM

R6, she and Ana went off on his use of the term "black jobs." From what I recall, Ana said she was working for CNN to get Latino and Afro-Latino thoughts on the election. She chimed in with "latino jobs." I honestly think Sunny just looks for any excuse to be offended and of course to scream racism every chance she gets.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2024 2:37 AM

They're in repeats next week. Why do they get an entire week off for the Fourth of July when they're going on hiatus for the month of August?

Lazy bitches. See Joy, this is why you have energy and Biden can barely shuffle to a podium. Work hours.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2024 7:45 PM

I'm surprised they are going into repeats this week with so much going on for Monday (Supreme Court decision on Trump, possible news about Biden running or not if the NBC reports are true).

by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2024 1:26 AM

I'm surprised this is STILL the number one daytime "news" show. It's unwatchable without ME!

by Anonymousreply 12July 1, 2024 4:32 AM

Tired of Whoopi’s “We all poop our pants” analogies And not what you want to say regarding Biden at this point. And Ana and Whoopi proclaiming they know Biden personally? Why does everyone on this panel think they can end a discussion by saying they know that said person they’re talking about?,

And Sunny why did you push so hard for a black woman VP if you don’t think she can win as President? That was a fence sitting response.

Sara gave the most reasonable view out of all of them.

At least Joy wasn’t there today.

by Anonymousreply 13July 8, 2024 3:39 PM

Did they really need to spend three segments on Biden? They teased a discussion about Project 2025, which everyone needs to hear about, but dropped it.

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2024 3:51 PM

They're turning into the type of people they mock. They now sound like Trump supporters except they're for Biden.

I also caught that new talking point dropped by Alyssa how Biden is becoming like Trump in he only ever says he's the only man for the job as opposed to talking about his platform in 2024. Maybe if he didn't look and sound like walking death, he'd be able to talk about his platform instead of constantly repeating "I can do the job for four more years." NO YOU CAN'T.

Whoopi is not only a celebrity apologist she has now fanned out to include politicians.

Ana is just a name-dropping ass-kisser. Fuck off with your Biden hugs.

Sara is the voice of reason at the table so they all try to drown her out or dismiss her opinion.

Alyssa went stealth Republican today. She sees the writing on the wall. I hope she's not on Trump's hit list come 2025.

Biden promised to be a transitional bridge for the next generation of politicians. He said he was running in 2020 to save the soul of our nation. Now he (and his wife) refuse to relinquish power for the greater good. He should have served for one term and then bowed out for '24. Now we're less than four months out and we're screwed. Thanks Joe and thanks Jill. Thanks a lot.

by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2024 5:28 PM

[quote]Biden promised to be a transitional bridge for the next generation of politicians

And Trump has promised...

by Anonymousreply 16July 8, 2024 5:34 PM

The idea that we shouldn't even be talking about Biden's declining faculties is what really pisses me off. Maybe if it was October I'd agree, but it's July and we're still weeks away from the convention. Now is exactly when we should be talking about it while there's still something that can potentially be done. And I agree the staunch Biden supporters are becoming just as bad as the Trumpers, telling everyone to not believe they're lying eyes and insisting he'll rise to the occasion once he's elected. What happened to when someone shows you who they are, believe them? Biden has showed us he's too old. But we're supposed to pretend he's fine and will still be fine at 86? Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2024 7:30 PM

R17 But who could the dems possibly get at this late stage who could beat Trump? Kamala certainly cannot beat him. Anyone else wouldn’t have enough time to run a campaign. Someone like Newsom isn’t a familiar name nationwide. The dems best chance is Joe.

by Anonymousreply 18July 8, 2024 9:40 PM

Biden is barely running a campaign and the one he is running sucks. I think anyone who seems vaguely normal and coherent would be considered electable to most of the public. And anyone who becomes the nominee will instantly become recognizable nationwide--I really don't think lack of name recognition prior to the nomination matters. And, franky, relying on name recognition is how we got saddled with Biden the last time.

by Anonymousreply 19July 8, 2024 10:23 PM

[quote] What happened to when someone shows you who they are, believe them?

President Biden has shown us who they are for the past 3 1/2 years as President.

by Anonymousreply 20July 8, 2024 10:56 PM

No he hasn’t. He’s been hidden away with less than half the number of press conferences than either Trump or Obama at equivalent points in their terms. I’m gonna believe what I saw and heard at the debate and not some bullshit gaslighting propaganda that he’s really totally fine because his lackeys say so and that I shouldn’t believe my lying eyes.

by Anonymousreply 21July 8, 2024 11:57 PM

Just as always, Republicans are fucking up the process for Dems

by Anonymousreply 22July 8, 2024 11:58 PM

[quote]r21 = I’m gonna believe what I saw and heard at the debate and not some bullshit gaslighting propaganda that he’s really totally fine because his lackeys say so and that I shouldn’t believe my lying eyes.

You just do that, Buttercup.

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2024 12:01 AM

R21 has broken her silence and has set her boundaries. Watch out, world and get out of her way !

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2024 12:09 AM

[quote] You just do that, Buttercup.

And you keep just pretending he’s not old and senile and will totally be coherent in 2028. If he’s even still alive.

by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2024 12:14 AM

Funnily enough only four posts show up for r21.

by Anonymousreply 26July 9, 2024 12:14 AM

Anyone else notice Biden is currently showcasing the famous Trump-tan as his smokescreen? Can you say, "I'm young, healthy and full of American vitality!" ?? I suppose this is to hide the fact he is senile and an unhealthy, shade of greyish-white..

by Anonymousreply 27July 9, 2024 7:16 AM

Or, he has decided to fully use the Reality Show quiver of TV advantages.

by Anonymousreply 28July 9, 2024 10:33 AM

Whoopi didn't crack a smile watching the Jon Stewart clip. I guess she didn't think it was funny.

by Anonymousreply 29July 9, 2024 8:32 PM

Today one of the guests was Jenn Tran, first Asian-American woman to be 'The Bachelorette'. It's so nice the laugh and giggle over the show which is nothing more than televised paid prostitution. Sunny, be proud of yourself for asking all the right questions and participating in this.

by Anonymousreply 30July 9, 2024 9:11 PM

Alyssa is a twat of epic magnitude and her I hate Trump BUT... shit has to stop.

by Anonymousreply 31July 10, 2024 12:16 AM

She was at it again this morning R31 arguing that Dem politicians are only trying to protect their own interests over the interests of the country.

Whoopi cut her off, but I was hoping she would tell Alyssa off.

by Anonymousreply 32July 10, 2024 4:54 PM

Dem interests ARE the interests of the country.

by Anonymousreply 33July 10, 2024 4:56 PM

She didn’t mean it that way R33. She implied their prime concern is protecting THEIR own interests and careers.

by Anonymousreply 34July 10, 2024 5:27 PM

In the face of Project 2025, r34, they are the same interests.

by Anonymousreply 35July 10, 2024 5:31 PM

I’m not going to argue the point with you.

by Anonymousreply 36July 10, 2024 5:38 PM

Sunny needs to shut the fuck up already about the Black vote deciding this election. It isn’t. It’s Independents and voters in the swing states who will and they consist of all races.

by Anonymousreply 37July 10, 2024 5:39 PM

Alyssa is right, though. Biden isn't a good candidate, but everyone is shutting up and getting in line because they're too afraid of looking back if they call on him publicly to step aside. It's the exact group think that led to the Republican party rolling over for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 38July 10, 2024 5:57 PM

That was her comparison r38, and while I'm undecided on its accuracy, she is more qualified than the others to make it. She's the only one on the panel who knows firsthand what to look for.

by Anonymousreply 39July 10, 2024 6:16 PM

Democrats do not shut up and get inline.

See you at the convention. This is just pot stirring by corporate media who want Trump to win, and they know he can't win against Joe.

by Anonymousreply 40July 10, 2024 6:22 PM

I can't get over how much weight Whoopi has lost. She looks great - Wegovy has done her well. If she loses any more weight, though, she will look like Rev Sharpton.

by Anonymousreply 41July 10, 2024 8:16 PM

Who dressed Sunny in her wedding gown today ?

by Anonymousreply 42July 10, 2024 8:40 PM

Black Jesus, R42. She is the chosen one to go forth and spew incessant bullshit about the omnipotence of black voters in every election since they were given the vote.

Every time she defends Kamala and lifts her up as the "heir apparent" I wonder how quickly she'd name all of Kamala's faults and shortcomings if they were vying for the same position. She knows Kamala is not up to speed, but she'll defend any and all black people in order to feed her racist obsession.

"My Gen Z kids know who Obama is." Of course they do, he's black. Do they know who Bill Clinton is?

by Anonymousreply 43July 10, 2024 11:13 PM

When Sunny said that, I was hoping that Joy or Whoopi would've reminded her that in the 60s, every Catholic kid knew who Kennedy was, being he was Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 44July 11, 2024 12:19 AM

[quote] This is just pot stirring by corporate media who want Trump to win, and they know he can't win against Joe.

Blaming the media is a page right out of the rightwing playbook.

by Anonymousreply 45July 11, 2024 2:06 AM

Sunny is pushing for Kamala as President. Thus her constant emphasis on Biden-Harris. I would vote for Harris in a second but Sunny is greatly overestimating her appeal to voters. I had to laugh when she says that people fear her. Come on. And Bidens black support has decreased for a while now.

Joy said she’s conflicted about the whole thing. As much as she is annoyed, I think she would jump on board quickly with any nominee.

Whoopi is another story, In the Elizabeth- Sherri years she often brought up her friendship with Biden and how they often wound up riding the same Amtrak train together back to their respective homes. She’s visibly pissed every time this story is brought up.

by Anonymousreply 46July 11, 2024 2:28 AM

[quote] She’s visibly pissed every time this story is brought up.

That's because Whoopi sees her own future in Biden, being dragged kicking and screaming off the set of The View way past her sell by date.

by Anonymousreply 47July 11, 2024 3:12 AM

Maybe the Biden team should start talking about the specific things that the administration is doing about the issues voters are concerned about namely the border and inflation. Biden is currently the POTUS do something other than repeatedly messaging that Trump is a threat to democracy.

by Anonymousreply 48July 11, 2024 3:22 AM

[quote]I can't get over how much weight Whoopi has lost.

Once upon a time...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 11, 2024 3:26 AM

Sunny is only expressing doubts about Biden because she wants to see Kamala as president. She would literally eat glass to see a black woman in the White House. I cracked up listening to yesterday's podcast when she insisted Kamala was the most qualified running mate in 2020 and that anyone who said he just picked a black woman was wrong. Sunny is literally on record repeatedly saying in 2020 that Biden *must* pick a black woman because black women were "owed" it.

by Anonymousreply 50July 11, 2024 3:29 AM

R48, the only damn thing I hear is the "existential threat" talking point. Yeah, we know. Now Biden has become the story. Not good.

R50, Sunny is always so obvious when she's pushing her agenda. She can't honestly believe Kamala will ascend if Biden finally quits the race. I also recall her demanding Biden choose a POC woman as VP. Then Biden publicly promised he would choose a black woman as VP and here we are.

by Anonymousreply 51July 11, 2024 4:26 AM

[quote]Blaming the media is a page right out of the right-wing playbook.

NO, blaming the LIBERAL media is right out of the right-wing media.

Joe is the first president running against a CRIMINAL Republican candidate, a corrupt Republican Party not held accountable for their Sedition, a corrupt Supreme Court, AND a right-wing corporate media who is able to pay a$787M fine for lying to the American people, that CONTINUES to lie to the American People.

Joe Biden CANNOT DO THIS ALONE.

by Anonymousreply 52July 11, 2024 10:44 AM

THANK GOD JOE HAS YOU

by Anonymousreply 53July 11, 2024 12:01 PM

[quote]Joy said she’s conflicted about the whole thing. As much as she is annoyed, I think she would jump on board quickly with any nominee.

This describes me, as well. I bet it describes the majority of devoted Dems.

by Anonymousreply 54July 11, 2024 12:05 PM

Another day where they spend more than half the show talking about whether Biden should quit. This is getting tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 55July 11, 2024 3:35 PM

since Biden is President why doesn't he start addressing issues voters are concerned with: the border, inflation and crime?

by Anonymousreply 56July 11, 2024 4:19 PM

R55, And Sunny repeatedly saying if they leapfrog Kamala the Democrats will lose the black vote.

by Anonymousreply 57July 11, 2024 4:33 PM

Sunny was particularly forceful/obnoxious today. Ana’s body language during Sara’s turn to speak was shameful. Whoopi’s got the Covid for the fourth time? That can’t be good.

by Anonymousreply 58July 11, 2024 5:59 PM

Who gets Whoopi’s stuff?

by Anonymousreply 59July 11, 2024 6:01 PM

R59, I have sufficient potato sacks...thanks.

by Anonymousreply 60July 11, 2024 6:05 PM

Is “I have COVID” the new “My grandmother died”?

by Anonymousreply 61July 11, 2024 6:18 PM

[quote]since Biden is President why doesn't he start addressing issues voters are concerned with: the border, inflation and crime?

What's to address ? He and the Dems tried to solve the Border crisis, but the tRumplicans put a stop to it. Inflation has cooled, and prices are coming down. The stock market is breaking records on a daily basis. Financial experts are saying we have the best economy in the world. Crime is also down.

by Anonymousreply 62July 11, 2024 8:35 PM

This show is turning into Groundhog Day. Just leave a pre-recorded talking point in front of each of their chairs. They don't even have to show up anymore.

Joy, Whoopi "cough, cough" Goldberg and Ana are ridiculous in their defense of Biden. They don't want to hear anything negative about him. It's called The View, ladies.

Then we have Alyssa trying to suppress her glee at the idiocy that is now the Democratic party. I told you so. Yes, you did, Alyssa.

Then there's Sunny pounding the table demanding we take the black vote seriously. Going full-bore for Biden/Harris '24. She can't wait for Biden to bite the big one so her sister from another mister can assume her rightful place in (unemployment line? No?) Oh, the Oval Office.

And finally, there's Sara who refuses to keep quiet with her doubts about Biden's ability to stay upright for the next four years. You give those old broads hell, Sara. Keep speaking for those in the party who have concerns about the old boy.

I wonder if they'll switch up the schedule and go live tomorrow to discuss Biden's news conference.

At least I didn't hear the term existential threat today.

by Anonymousreply 63July 11, 2024 10:34 PM

At least Whoopi won’t be there to drag out an “other-ism” to dismiss Biden’s “President Putin” gaffe.

by Anonymousreply 64July 11, 2024 10:37 PM

R64, "here's the thing, you know".

I just saw the Putin gaffe on the news. I also saw Kamala yelling some speech. Why do some people think yelling equals power? Those who wield power have no need to yell. You're the VP stop shouting.

by Anonymousreply 65July 11, 2024 10:43 PM

Alyssa needs to go. She’s rethug trash through and through.

by Anonymousreply 66July 11, 2024 10:48 PM

Alyssa has contantly been live on CNN in primetime. I guess the bitch doesn’t need all that much sleep.

by Anonymousreply 67July 11, 2024 10:54 PM

What Alyssa needs is a bag over her head, for starters

by Anonymousreply 68July 11, 2024 10:56 PM

A bag a roll of duct tape and a fist full of benzos...

by Anonymousreply 69July 11, 2024 11:06 PM

Alyssa is anti-Trump, believes in climate change, supports LGBT rights, and thinks there should be some access to abortion and sensible gun laws. If that’s “rethug trash” then some of you need to get out more.

by Anonymousreply 70July 11, 2024 11:23 PM

R70, An anti-Trump who worked in the Trump White House.

by Anonymousreply 71July 11, 2024 11:25 PM

Alyssa goes where the money is, but she will always be Trump trash.

by Anonymousreply 72July 11, 2024 11:50 PM

Trump trash who, like Sara, loves her MAGA loving family.

by Anonymousreply 73July 12, 2024 12:30 AM

Once Biden is reelected, I hope ABC takes Alyssa off The View and puts her is some place where she can do no harm. Like GMA.

by Anonymousreply 74July 12, 2024 12:31 AM

[quote]It's called The View, ladies.

And those three ladies are giving their views, whether you agree with them or not. What's so hard to comprehend ?

by Anonymousreply 75July 12, 2024 12:42 AM

When did The View become all politics? Was it mainly when Rosie came on the first time?

by Anonymousreply 76July 12, 2024 12:49 AM

R75, they are allowed to voice their views, the problem is they don't want to hear anything that goes against their views ie Biden. They constantly try to talk over Sara and Alyssa because they are critical of Biden and his ability to go another four years. Lately I've noticed they've both become more insistent on having their voice heard. So good for them.

R76. they were moved to the ABC News Division in 2014.

by Anonymousreply 77July 12, 2024 12:56 AM

How's Poopie Goldberg lately?

by Anonymousreply 78July 12, 2024 1:13 AM

R78, she's been banished from the table. She has COVID. Again.

by Anonymousreply 79July 12, 2024 1:19 AM

R76 Yes, when Rosie took the moderator's job in 2006, she did bring 'politics' into the discussion, believing their daytime audience was smart enough to be interested in what was happening politically each day. By doing so, the show took off like a comet in the ratings.

All their competitors stuck with their light-weight topics and 'celebrity news' (such as CBS' 'The Talk') and none of them lasted. 'The Talk' has the longer run of all the competitors, but has been canceled.

by Anonymousreply 80July 12, 2024 1:42 AM

I did not realize The Talk had been canceled. That show bugs the shit out of me so no loss IMO. The show was always a bore, but adding males into the mix was their major mistake.

If The View is going to lose any of the panel, I would hope for Sunni to get the axe. Her general demeanor during (especially) the past 5 years or so has been tough to swallow. Aside from the fact that everyone in showbiz is somewhat narcissistic, she rides this obnoxious personality trait to the limit every day. She has become intolerable and completely self-absorbed. Yes, I complain about her her a lot here, but for good reason. She is like a panel dominatrix. She controls conversations by refusing to look others in the eye. She has this thing whereby if she never looks at anyone while speaking, they do not exist in her narcissistic mind. She will simply continue on rants until the others tire of attempting to get her to look, pay any attention, and much less .. shudder .. get a word in. fukdat shit. I sometimes wonder how her family copes.

by Anonymousreply 81July 12, 2024 6:36 AM

R81 again. I failed to add to the above that I enjoy AFG. She has been a great addition to the show,

by Anonymousreply 82July 12, 2024 6:39 AM

If Biden wins, she needs to go.

No longer a need for a Trump White House insider except to give testimony in court, next year.

Free up her time.

by Anonymousreply 83July 12, 2024 10:35 AM

R83, She’s got a hot husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 12, 2024 10:59 AM

She looks like she could mop up in entertainment with a Syrian Cooking Show on Create.

by Anonymousreply 85July 12, 2024 11:07 AM

Totally agree with r81 about Sunny.

I stopped watching The View because of her. I suffered through the Meghan McMyFather years yet Sunny was the reason I finally quit.

by Anonymousreply 86July 12, 2024 11:33 AM

r86, and yet you are here.

by Anonymousreply 87July 12, 2024 11:53 AM

If they were not to renew Sunny's contract (whenever it comes up for renewal) and let her go, she'd scream racism. She would have to leave on her own decision.

That said, I enjoy her about 75% of the time. I do find her to be smart and valuable when it comes to legal discussions, given her background. But I also find her to be rather hypocritical when it comes to race issues, even though she professes to be fair and open minded.

by Anonymousreply 88July 12, 2024 11:55 AM

r87.

by Anonymousreply 89July 12, 2024 11:56 AM

...and yet I popped in here to see what was being said about Clooney as I know Joy loves him rather than watch the show.

But thanks for the observation! Bless!

by Anonymousreply 90July 12, 2024 12:00 PM

It wasn't an observation, it was a sarcastic conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 91July 12, 2024 12:01 PM

R90 Behar made her disappointment be known - in a very nice way - in Clooney's public remarks. As she said, if you feel this way about Biden, talk about it amongst others in private - not in an editorial. I agree with her.

by Anonymousreply 92July 12, 2024 12:04 PM

Sunny has toned it down a bit on the social justice warrior stuff in the last season or two. It’s made her much more tolerable. Right now the one I enjoy the least is Ana. She is constantly name dropping and instead of engaging in conversation seems to go on long winded, overly rehearsed monologues. It eats up a lot of time and really kills the back and forth. That being said, I’d much rather hang out with Ana who seems fun in real life than with Sunny who seems hugely arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 93July 12, 2024 2:25 PM

Thankfully, Ana is only on two days a week.

I find her attempts at humor cringeworthy.

They all go for that round of applause after an anti-Trump comment, which at this point is repetitive and boring.

by Anonymousreply 94July 12, 2024 3:32 PM

Ana counterpoints the horrible "I hate Trump, but I love Republicans" Alyssa...

by Anonymousreply 95July 12, 2024 4:28 PM

Alyssa said that working all day and night, getting 3 hours of sleep, and starting all over again chasing your dreams is something you do 'in your 20s, not something you do all your life'.

I think 83 year old Martha Stewart would disagree with her. Stewart has said repeatedly she gets 3 or 4 hours of sleep each night, and works through the other 20 - this has what kept her dream successful.

by Anonymousreply 96July 12, 2024 8:20 PM

Alyssa is still a rich conservative who really would not mind if Trump won.

by Anonymousreply 97July 12, 2024 8:44 PM

R97, All the networks and cable channels would not mind if Trump won.

It’s called ratings.

by Anonymousreply 98July 12, 2024 11:40 PM

Ahh, ratings, old fashioned olls.

by Anonymousreply 99July 13, 2024 1:04 AM

I swear that Whoopi announced several years ago that she was leaving the View, yet she’s still there. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 100July 13, 2024 2:54 AM

R100 she also announced in 2016 that she was leaving the US if 'you know who' was elected

by Anonymousreply 101July 13, 2024 3:05 AM

She has moved to calling Trump "DT"

by Anonymousreply 102July 13, 2024 12:17 PM

R102, that only lasted one day. She's back to calling him You Know Who. She needs to grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 103July 13, 2024 1:49 PM

Whatever Whoopi does, is OK with me.

by Anonymousreply 104July 13, 2024 1:51 PM

When Rosie rejoined THE VIEW in Sept 2014, Whoopi and ABC had a deal worked out where Whoopi would leave the show in February, 2015 to launch a late-night talk show after Kimmel. Whoopi knew she wouldn't last with Rosie, especially as the moderator, and wanted an 'out' - so ABC agreed this was the bet strategy for Whoopi's exit. Instead, Rosie took everyone by surprise and announced she was leaving the show in early February. Plans for Whoopi's late night talk show were put on hold, and she has yet to leave the show.

by Anonymousreply 105July 13, 2024 2:11 PM

I wish Rosie would sit in for Alyssa one day.

by Anonymousreply 106July 13, 2024 2:41 PM

R106, Rosie is living in California now.

by Anonymousreply 107July 13, 2024 3:38 PM

Without Whoopi there the last two days, I’ve been so confused about how elections work. Is it up to the polls to decide? For the hosts to decide? Or is it up to the general public? She really needs to come back and explain.

by Anonymousreply 108July 13, 2024 4:09 PM

How much money does Whoopi need?

She must be worth many millions.

by Anonymousreply 109July 13, 2024 5:04 PM

Not true, R107. She still has her home in Nyack and she’s shooting And Just Like That in NYC for the season.

by Anonymousreply 110July 13, 2024 10:07 PM

Whoopi will have to curb her you--know-who bullshit on Monday, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 111July 13, 2024 11:42 PM

Whoopi has COVID - probably out Monday.

by Anonymousreply 112July 13, 2024 11:53 PM

I can't wait to see how they tackle this hot topic. I wonder if they'll go low and get in a few second amendment digs. There's also the Rs refusal for more stringent background checks and their blowback on semi-automatic bans.

If I were Brian, I'd open with this clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 14, 2024 12:05 AM

R110, Rosie has guested on several podcasts recently and has stated clearly that she is now living in California.

The operative word is “living”, as in that is her current home.

You got that?

by Anonymousreply 114July 14, 2024 12:10 AM

“In spring of last year, Rosie O'Donnell hoisted her New York City penthouse onto the market for $8.3 million amid an announcement that she was relocating to the West Coast, specifically a rented beachfront home in Malibu that she shares with her youngest daughter Dakota.“

by Anonymousreply 115July 14, 2024 12:14 AM

R115, did she misplace the rest of her brood, or did she accidentally eat them during a late-night feeding frenzy?

by Anonymousreply 116July 14, 2024 12:18 AM

Guesses on Whoopi's new name for Trump.

I'll start: van Gogh.

by Anonymousreply 117July 14, 2024 12:19 AM

Finally, a return to WnW!

by Anonymousreply 118July 14, 2024 1:11 PM

How about EarBoy

by Anonymousreply 119July 14, 2024 1:26 PM

I guess they're going to have to be all somber and serious tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 120July 14, 2024 6:31 PM

I caught a few minutes of Face the Nation this morning and host Margaret Brennan asked Senator Cotton if they may change their platform on gun control, lol. Same old deflections except this time the victim was the NRA-loving Trump. So I wonder if tomorrow they'll go after him on the Rs refusal for more stringent background checks and their stance on semi-automatics.

by Anonymousreply 121July 14, 2024 6:52 PM

Joy looked absolutely pissed off at Anna on Monday when she (as the moderator) moved on from Trump / Gun control to talk about those notables who died over the weekend. Anna cut her off after she mentioned the last name, and said "Can I say something in the last 40 seconds?" which unpleasantly surprised Joy, and then Anna went on and on again about gun control. Camera goes back to Joy to close the segment and she looks disgusted.

by Anonymousreply 122July 16, 2024 12:08 PM

R122, Ana ALWAYS tries to undermine Joy when Joy is in the moderator's seat. She'll say something as they're all getting settled at the table before Joy has a chance to start the convo. Or she'll go off-topic by saying I know we're talking about this but I 'd like to talk about this for a moment.

Yesterday she went way over in her allotted time during the Trump attempt segment. The show is not free-flowing as some would believe. Each co-host is given a specific talking point and they're supposed to stick to the topic and then yield to the next co-host.

I understand those that seek out careers in front of the camera have egos but man, Ana is beyond the pale.

by Anonymousreply 123July 16, 2024 1:13 PM

Ana also interrupted Sara yesterday who seemed somewhat exasperated and said “can I just finish?”

by Anonymousreply 124July 16, 2024 1:59 PM

Oh thank god Whoopi was back today to tell us that it’s the public who gets to decide who wins the election and not the hosts or the media. I hope she keeps explaining this since it’s so incredibly confusing.

by Anonymousreply 125July 16, 2024 3:18 PM

I hope someone mentions that last week, Donald voices his unwavering support for the NRA.

by Anonymousreply 126July 16, 2024 3:38 PM

“In 2012, Whoopi Goldberg revealed on “The View” that she is a member of the NRA during an interview with libertarian writer and TV pundit John Stossel. “I don't mind having to register and let them know that I have them,” Goldberg said.“

by Anonymousreply 127July 16, 2024 3:45 PM

R127 She has told us this over and over again on the show over the past few years. Meghan McCain always thought she was the only NRA member at the table, until Whoopi corrected her. Whoopi also point out that she is a responsible gun owner, and thinks AR 15s should be banned from being sold.

[quote]Oh thank god Whoopi was back today to tell us that it’s the public who gets to decide who wins the election and not the hosts or the media. I hope she keeps explaining this since it’s so incredibly confusing.

I, for one, am glad she does this. Look at what happened in 2016, when the media / every poll had Clinton winning over Trump by a landslide. Americans stayed home, rather than vote, as the media assured them that Clinton was going to win. Whoopi needs to keep reminding us about this.

by Anonymousreply 128July 16, 2024 8:56 PM

R128, Whoopi is dead weight who wastes valuable time dropping her perceived pearls of wisdom. Anyone who was old enough to vote in 2000 knows that a few people can make the difference between a win and a loss (and the SC stepping in.) They also know not to be swayed by polls. Is she talking to Gen Z because I'm sure they flock to ABC in order to watch The View.

by Anonymousreply 129July 16, 2024 9:26 PM

R129 The 2016 election, the 2020 election and the current election have nothing at all in common with the 2000 election. Nothing at all. Voters - and Hillary herself - believed the polls and over-hyped media, saying she was the clear winner. Thousand of voters in make-or-break states stayed home, confident she would win.

Keep reminding us, Whoopi !

by Anonymousreply 130July 16, 2024 9:45 PM

Yes, keep reminding us, Whoopi! Meanwhile the stoner can't remember where she left her stash.

R130, that's not true. Hillary did not campaign in solid blue states throughout the Rust Belt, arrogant in the assumption she had them in her column. Trump knew these people felt their concerns were not being addressed so he swooped in for the kill. Electoral votes guaranteed. Game over. He worked the electoral college map to perfection.

Plus during both campaigns in 2008 and 2016 Hillary had the worst possible campaign managers.

by Anonymousreply 131July 16, 2024 10:14 PM

R130 Whoopi keeps saying that the people get to decide the election as an answer to debate on who the democratic nominee will be. It's an idiotic statement, because people aren't going to show up on voting day and write the nominee of their choice on their ballots.

And the best part is that she acts like she's being profound with her statements. Half the time she can't even complete a thought.

by Anonymousreply 132July 16, 2024 10:22 PM

I thought everybody loved Anna. What did she say in the last 40 seconds?

by Anonymousreply 133July 16, 2024 10:22 PM

R133 She babbled on about the importance of gun control (which they already talked about) when the 40 seconds should have been devoted to the hosts paying tribute to the ones who died over the weekend (Shannon Doherty and Richard Simmons had appeared on the show many times). Anna was horrible. I can't stomach her on the show. She always has so much to say but offers nothing.

by Anonymousreply 134July 16, 2024 11:09 PM

R134. Not true. She always has a sassy quip reminding us she lives in Miami.

by Anonymousreply 135July 17, 2024 1:00 AM

Doesn't it piss anyone off that she speaks about her "her gays" as if they were fashion accessories? She also brought up drag queens twice during Monday's show and actually said "yass, qween."

by Anonymousreply 136July 17, 2024 1:15 AM

The problem is Anna is full of undeserved self-importance. She's very impressed with herself - more so than her cohosts and viewers are.

by Anonymousreply 137July 17, 2024 1:27 AM

She also got married to a super-wealthy older guy. I end up not listening to what she's saying. She has her talking points.

I actually think that Sarah is the best commentator. She's thoughtful and doesn't always say what you might expect. You actually get to hear an opinion that didn't come off of index cards.

I feel the same way about someone like Mike Tyson. You might not like him, but when he's getting interviewed, he listens to the question and gives you something thoughtful that you might not have expected to hear from him. (He gets wacky sometimes, but he's given some good interviews.)

by Anonymousreply 138July 17, 2024 3:13 AM

R138, she used to date an old billionaire but I guess she couldn't keep him on the hook.

I like Sara, too. She's more in the mold of Meredith Vieira, a journalist who tries to offer a fair assessment on each topic. I think she'd make a great moderator on the show. For me Whoopi is dead weight and just kills precious time with her nonsensical old sage advice.

by Anonymousreply 139July 17, 2024 3:41 AM

Ana impresses me as having body odor and bad breath.

by Anonymousreply 140July 17, 2024 3:49 AM

I wonder if any of them will dare to bring up the fact that a certain portion of the population think it’s quite possible that the assassination attempt was staged. I can see one of them (like Sunny) actually come out and say that the details and behavior of Trump and the Secret Service don’t add up.

by Anonymousreply 141July 17, 2024 4:28 AM

Elizabeth Warren is on now and is killing it. It’s pathetic we’re supposed to believe Biden’s stumbles are just ordinary aging when we can so clearly see how diminished he is compared to other older politicians.

by Anonymousreply 142July 17, 2024 3:24 PM

R142, she sounds like a former professor. I felt as if I was back in class. She's always ready with a prepared arsenal of facts but I noticed when they went off-book she couldn't really come up with an un-canned answer and began to repeat some of her talking points.

As for Joe, yes he has somewhat diminished capacity but you also have to acknowledge he and Liz have completely different communication styles. She goes from first to fourth gear in seconds and doesn't let up. Joe is more of a cruising in third gear kind of talker.

by Anonymousreply 143July 17, 2024 4:10 PM

R143, Joe is stuck in neutral.

by Anonymousreply 144July 17, 2024 4:31 PM

If all the down ticket races are doing so well, it is because of Joe's policies.

If Joe is a figurehead who signs legislation, for four years, I am good with that.

by Anonymousreply 145July 17, 2024 4:48 PM

Is Sara an Independent?! I had NO idea....

by Anonymousreply 146July 17, 2024 7:00 PM

R146, journalists always register as Independents because they are supposed to remain neutral. Barbara Walters spoke of being an Independent. Sara's now part of a discussion show where she is expected to offer personal views.

Journalists who report the news don't give personal opinions on political matters. Cable news and social media ushered in this era of so-called political analysts giving personal opinions and taking sides on political matters.

George Stephanopoulos was in deep shit with ABC NEWS for offering an off-the-cuff opinion of Biden's ability to go another four years as POTUS. No opinions allowed.

by Anonymousreply 147July 17, 2024 7:11 PM

Joy looked defeated and clearly shocked the panel when she said that Biden needs to step down.

Sunny saying that black women aren't going to vote democrat if Kamala isn't given the Presidential spot. Joy practically rolled her eyes.

Whoopi isn't getting it. And again with "I know him". That's the problem.

by Anonymousreply 148July 18, 2024 3:31 PM

Axios thinks he’s stepping aside. Would love it if he announces it tonight just as Trump takes the stage at the RNC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 18, 2024 3:35 PM

Joy had to correct the all-knowing Whoopi when she said we had plenty of time to decide if Biden will remain the nominee. She doesn't understand or even bother to learn the basics of the nomination process and she moderates a show which always starts off with politics as their Hot Topic.

I wonder if they're plotting to replace old Whoopi behind the scenes. Then she and Joe can have Jill pack them a lunch while they ride the train all day. Back and forth, back and forth. Can you imagine those two trying to have a conversation with each one losing their train of thought as they desperately grasp for words. You know. Look.

I am so sick of Sunny. She's practically salivating with her delusions of Kamala grandeur. She cannot win a GE so fuck off with your black women will stay home bullshit threats. She really wants Joe out now so Kamala can ascend. She's always so obvious with her faux concern for Biden. I love Joe Biden but...

Joy is beginning to pivot because she was told to pivot. She'll eventually get on the bus that will roll over Biden.

by Anonymousreply 150July 18, 2024 4:32 PM

Seems like they'll have to remove Whoopi with a forklift.

by Anonymousreply 151July 18, 2024 4:39 PM

R150, Don’t forget, Whoopi is the one who suggested in 2020 that Joe name Jill Surgeon General, until the others had to inform her that Jill is not a medical doctor.

by Anonymousreply 152July 18, 2024 5:40 PM

Whoopi sounds like she went to the Larry King school of research.

by Anonymousreply 153July 18, 2024 6:47 PM

She’s worse than King because she espouses views like rape isn’t the same as “rape-rape.”

by Anonymousreply 154July 18, 2024 6:51 PM

They teased in the intro that they would discuss last night's RNC - JDV's acceptance speech, and Trump's grand-daughter's speech. They ignored both.

by Anonymousreply 155July 18, 2024 9:03 PM

R155, Whoopi briefly mentioned the granddaughter’s appearance, in a dismissive way.

by Anonymousreply 156July 18, 2024 9:07 PM

Yeah, they went over talking about Biden so they didn't get to Vance's speech. But Alyssa talked about it on the podcast today. They're also live tomorrow so it could get addressed then (along with Trump's speech tonight). Chris Christie is also on the show tmw.

by Anonymousreply 157July 18, 2024 9:19 PM

With all of the political headlines taking over the media these geniuses decided to schedule two segments devoted to Glen Powell and his co-star. They need to stick to the script and cover the topics they promote at the top of the show.

by Anonymousreply 158July 18, 2024 9:25 PM

R157, At least, Whoopi won’t be there tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 159July 18, 2024 9:29 PM

R159, Yeah, but Ana will. 👎👎👎

by Anonymousreply 160July 18, 2024 9:30 PM

Sunny speaks for all black women now? Got it...

by Anonymousreply 161July 19, 2024 3:23 AM

“With all due respect, Ana, you’re not Barack Obama”.

Bravo, Chris Christie!

by Anonymousreply 162July 19, 2024 4:24 PM

I really wish Christie had used that last minute and a half to lay bare for Sunny all of Harris's weaknesses.

by Anonymousreply 163July 19, 2024 4:25 PM

Say what you will about CC but I love it when he's on the show. He shot down (and shut up) Ana in record time, a near impossible feat and then he took down Sunny with that 1:30 insult. I wish they'd given him more time.

by Anonymousreply 164July 19, 2024 5:30 PM

Whoa ! Joy was speaking to 'fellow Christians' ? She considers herself a "Christian woman" today ???

She has proclaimed herself as an atheist for the past 27 years on the show. She has reminded us a hundred times she left the Catholic Church, she doesn't believe in 'any God', and she is an atheist. Today she is Christian ????

by Anonymousreply 165July 19, 2024 9:13 PM

Kudos to Chris Christie - he was sharp as a tack and made the most sense. I agree with him : Harris // Shapiro should be the ticket. Thank you Guv, for shutting up Anna and Sunny.

by Anonymousreply 166July 19, 2024 9:31 PM

R165, I had the same thought when she said she was a Christian girl. I remember her laughing at Sunny because she believed in signs and said her deceased grandmother visited her. She was so dismissive as she always is when they discuss the afterlife.

She and Trump finally have something in common: Two atheists (she may be agnostic) who aren't beneath playing the God card to their advantage.

by Anonymousreply 167July 19, 2024 11:22 PM

Maybe she meant she was raised Christian as a child?

by Anonymousreply 168July 20, 2024 12:20 AM

There's a difference between saying "I was raised Christian as a child" and "I'm a Christian woman".

As much of a difference as saying "I'm an atheist" (as she has said for most of her 5500+ episodes) and "I'm a Christian woman". Who is she kidding ? Why didn't Sunny or one of the other women pick up on this ?

by Anonymousreply 169July 20, 2024 1:03 AM

R168, today she said she was raised Catholic as a child and she is a Christian woman. She's full of it.

The way they went ballistic today when Christie refused to commit to a candidate was ridiculous. This is why Whoopi (absent) Joy, Sunny and Ana should not be allowed to do serious interviews. Sunny says she does not lose her composure yet look at the way she reacted when Christie said he may not vote this November. Joy also. And Ana with her ridiculous name-dropping allowed Christie to go in for the kill.

Can you imagine Barbara Walters treating a guest the way these women do? This goes back to the infamous Bill O'Reilly interview when Joy and Whoopi stormed off the set mid-interview leaving Barbara to make her apologies. They are so damn unprofessional and as the Biden drama escalates they're becoming more unhinged by the day.

by Anonymousreply 170July 20, 2024 1:35 AM

Anna is very, very, very, very important - lest we forget.

by Anonymousreply 171July 20, 2024 1:46 AM

[quote]They are so damn unprofessional and as the Biden drama escalates they're becoming more unhinged by the day.

There's going to be even more tension on that show if Biden decides not to run again. And ESPECIALLY if they go to an open convention.

Sunny is going to be livid if they don't give it outright to Kamala. Whoopi doesn't anyone BUT Biden in that seat. And Joy just seems to be in "Pick whoever is the best and get on with it" mood.

Both Whoopi and Joy were not here for Sunny's "Black woman will sit out if Kamala is denied" screed yesterday. Joy was visibly annoyed.

Get the popcorn because we could be headed into another Hasselbeck/Rosie split screen battle in a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 172July 20, 2024 2:30 AM

Joy is the face of TDS. She's been miserable for nearly10 years: before, during, and after his Presidency.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173July 20, 2024 3:30 AM

John McCain’s daughter is still a bitter Betty when it comes to her former cohosts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174July 20, 2024 4:03 AM

Joy apologizes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175July 20, 2024 6:03 AM

CC on Trump's speech

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176July 20, 2024 6:11 AM

R174 I’d forgotten that Mooghan McPain even existed. She's as nasty and miserable as ever.

by Anonymousreply 177July 20, 2024 9:35 AM

More CC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178July 20, 2024 10:34 AM

R172 I disagree. I think they will all (with the possible exception of AFG) unite behind the new candidate to beat Trump. They may show their disappointment at first, but by October they will be fully united.

by Anonymousreply 179July 20, 2024 1:04 PM

r179, IF there is a new candidate.

Propaganda 101, assume your belief objective has been reached.

"Considering Trump is a God-fearing Christian, it is no wonder God saved him from assassination."

All assumed bullshit. Belief objective: Trump is a God-fearing Christian. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

by Anonymousreply 180July 21, 2024 2:42 PM

Dear God, what's tomorrow's show gonna be like?

by Anonymousreply 181July 21, 2024 6:33 PM

Insufferable Sunny.

Defeated Joy.

Relieved Sara.

Cunty Ana (doesn't matter the topic but she'll be extra bitchy tomorrow.)

Pivoting Alyssa now that the deed is done.

And "The thing is, you know," Whoopi won't be there tomorrow unless they drag her ass in for this historic announcement.

by Anonymousreply 182July 21, 2024 6:53 PM

It’s gonna Sunny taking for 45 minutes about how Kamala should absolutely be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 183July 21, 2024 6:53 PM

Whoopi should be in tomorrow, Joy should be out.

Whoopi will remind us that it's up to voters - not the polls nor the candidates themselves - for the future of this country.

Sunny will be encouraging all 'women of color' to take her lead - polish up your resumes and send them to Kamal Harris this week. She will be looking for a staff. Sunny will be applying for press secretary.

AFG will say she's going to hold her nose and vote for Trump.

Anna will focus on herself, and bring us back to when she was growing up in 1970's Cuba...for better or for worse.

Sara will talk about her depression and gay brother.

by Anonymousreply 184July 21, 2024 7:06 PM

R183, she's a large part of the reason we're in this mess. She demanded Biden choose a black female nominee. She's delusional with her black women decide the outcome of elections bullshit and please don't ask me to list all of Kamala's shortcomings. We only have 1:30 left in the segment.

by Anonymousreply 185July 21, 2024 7:06 PM

Sunny Hostile's perpetual gravitas of every word is going to be off the charts tomorrow. I hope Poopie can survive it!

by Anonymousreply 186July 21, 2024 7:08 PM

I’m guessing all six will be on tomorrow, even the insufferable Ana.

by Anonymousreply 187July 21, 2024 7:15 PM

R184, Ana's from Nicaragua but I agree with your assessment. The ass-kissing narrative will now shift to Kamala's ass. Bye Joe, enjoy your retirement.

The dog knows what's up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188July 21, 2024 7:17 PM

Shouldn't pious Sunny be off writing a new soft-core "romance" novel Ala "Evil Winds Over Pensecola"?

by Anonymousreply 189July 21, 2024 7:18 PM

I'm waiting for the day for when one of the following hosts tells Anna to 'Fuck Off' when she overtalks them:

Whoopi

Joy

Sunny

by Anonymousreply 190July 21, 2024 7:18 PM

R190, her intent is more sinister than just over talking. She intentionally tries to undermine their authority at the table. She really does have an ego the size of her former ass.

The consensus was she did not become a full-time co-host because of the travel involved. I think it's because the execs and the co-hosts don't want her there full time. That's probably why she ignores Alyssa and treats her so dismissively. Alyssa knows how to play nice. Learn from that, Ana.

by Anonymousreply 191July 21, 2024 7:27 PM

Well, as predicted, Sunny was practically orgasming over Kamala being the likely nominee and Whoopi was pissy about Biden being told he's too old. But at least Whoopi reminded us that it's up to us to decide.

by Anonymousreply 192July 22, 2024 5:03 PM

Whoopi is a moron. She gave us her fried pothead analyses of old people in the workplace but she too seemed pretty damn giddy Kamala may ascend. They kept referring to her as the nominee. She's not the nominee. Not yet.

Did anyone else hear Sunny mention the ghost of co-hosts past - Star Jones?

Ana went from save Joe!!! to hello Kamala!

I guess Joy couldn't be bothered to get her ass back from the Hamptons to lament her fellow oldie's demise. Priorities. I love you Joe but I love my long weekends more.

by Anonymousreply 193July 22, 2024 7:22 PM

R193, But, Joy’s age . . . 81 . . . was mentioned in her absence, which until very recently she liked to keep quiet.

by Anonymousreply 194July 22, 2024 7:49 PM

So, Joy is the same age as Biden.

by Anonymousreply 195July 22, 2024 7:53 PM

R195, Joy is one month older than Biden.

by Anonymousreply 196July 22, 2024 8:57 PM

Has Whoopi always had those nasty finger tattoos?

by Anonymousreply 197July 22, 2024 9:11 PM

[quote]Ana went from save Joe!!! to hello Kamala!

As did we all as we had no control over anything.

by Anonymousreply 198July 22, 2024 10:12 PM

Where did Sara think she was going to today with that little spaghetti-strap sundress and her tits hanging out ? To the beach ?

by Anonymousreply 199July 22, 2024 11:52 PM

[quote]Well, as predicted, Sunny was practically orgasming over Kamala being the likely nominee

Honestly, I was expecting much worse. She was rather restrained and controlled this morning. I'm curious how she was on a phone call having a conversation with 70,000 other 'women of color' last night ? She can barely hold a conversation with four women at the table - a phone conversation with 69,999 other women seems inconceivable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200July 23, 2024 12:02 AM

R200. I loved how as Sunny started her diatribe about the Women of Color event, Whoopi interrupted, pointed to Ana, asked her if she was there too. Ana says yes and Sunny, without looking at her or skipping a beat says "Oh yeah. You were there." Such bitchiness!! I love it.

by Anonymousreply 201July 23, 2024 2:38 AM

Sunny’s staunch support of Kamala is always amusing given that Kamala had her ass escorted off the stage (along with Ana’s) when they wanted to confront Harris over the treatment of Haitians at the boarder.

There’s a key group of black women in the media (Sunny and Joy Reid included) who see themselves as being Oprah to Kamala’s Obama and Kamala isn’t down for that BS. She didn’t say two words either when Tiffany Cross (a member of the clique) got fired from MSNBC as well.

And personally, I love that about Harris.

by Anonymousreply 202July 23, 2024 2:42 AM

R201 I'd like to know why Whoopi wasn't included on the call ? Isn't she a celebrity woman of color ? Does she not have money to donate to Harris ?

Yes, it was priceless when Sunny ignored Anna's participation on the 'call'. How dare they take the spotlight away from her in 'her moment of importance'.

by Anonymousreply 203July 23, 2024 11:53 AM

“Kamala Harris’ office has had a staggering 91.5 percent turnover rate since she became vice president, an investigation from government watchdog organization Open The Books (OTB) revealed on Monday. Of the 47 staff members hired when Harris took office in 2021, only four reportedly remained in her employment as of March 2024.

The report comes as Biden’s X account announced he will “stand down” from his reelection campaign and “fully support” Harris as the new nominee. OTB utilized U.S. Senate disclosures to obtain records from the vice president’s office, including 2021 and 2024 payrolls.”

by Anonymousreply 204July 23, 2024 12:42 PM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205July 23, 2024 2:25 PM

They’re all gonna sit and pretend that Sunny didn’t make the case for months that Biden HAD to choose a black woman VP? That there wasnt a huge push by the media for it?

Sorry Whoopi, but that was a big ass lie you just told.

And I like Harris, but come on.

by Anonymousreply 206July 23, 2024 3:16 PM

Sunny’s support of black women is completely shallow and phony. The black women she supports are the ones she sees as being on “her level.” Women like Kamala Harris, Michelle Obama, Meghan Markle, Eboni K. Williams, Kerry Washington, etc.

I guarantee if you put her in a room with a poor black woman or even a rich black woman without a college degree that she’d turn her nose up at them. I mean, can you imagine Sunny mingling with Cardi B or Meghan the Stallion. She’d sooner die.

by Anonymousreply 207July 23, 2024 3:29 PM

R203, Whoopi doesn't even bother to prep for the show.

As for Sunny, no matter the outcome of the election, she'll find a way to cry racism.

If KH becomes POTUS and sucks at the job, Sunny will cry racism as she's done every time someone critiques Kamala's performance.

If KH loses the election Sunny will cry racism and it will also disprove Sunny's theory once and for all black women decide the outcome of elections. I noticed when yesterday's guest said white women were a huge voting block, Sunny sat there stone faced.

by Anonymousreply 208July 23, 2024 7:07 PM

She also said that black women were the most educated people in America.

Now there's some data I'd like to see.

by Anonymousreply 209July 23, 2024 7:10 PM

[quote]They’re all gonna sit and pretend that Sunny didn’t make the case for months that Biden HAD to choose a black woman VP?

In all fairness, I don't recall that she did.

She made the case for months that Biden HAD to choose a black woman for the USSC when it was announced that Judge Breyer was retiring. She reminded everyone almost every day that Biden made a campaign promise he would put a Black woman on the bench.

I don't remember her saying that about his VP pick.

by Anonymousreply 210July 23, 2024 8:59 PM

She did insist repeatedly that Biden had to pick a black woman as VP, saying they were “owed it.” She even co-authored an op-ed saying so. I also distinctly remember her saying it to Jim Clyburn when he was on the show and him shooting her down by saying Biden should pick whomever he thought was the best candidate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211July 23, 2024 9:07 PM

[quote]“Kamala Harris’ office has had a staggering 91.5 percent turnover rate since she became vice president, an investigation from government watchdog organization Open The Books (OTB) revealed on Monday. Of the 47 staff members hired when Harris took office in 2021, only four reportedly remained in her employment as of March 2024.

LOL! Welcome to the 2020s workplace with newly minted Zoomer graduates. This is more of a reflection on the generation taking over the workplace (Millennials and Zoomers) than it is about Kamala Harris.

I left my previous job in March, after working there for 9 years and 2 months. I was there the longest of all the staff ( a staff of 20). The person after me who was there the longest was there for 2.5 years, and she gave her notice on my last day. Most of the 'new hires' stayed for about nine months to a year. So for Harris to nearly completely turn over her office staff within 4 years is nothing unusual in any workplace.

We have talked about this in detail in the past (about the lack of work commitment from Zoomers and Millennials) and have shared many news articles about this in the past couple of years. Much ado about nothing.

by Anonymousreply 212July 23, 2024 9:11 PM

Here's the Clyburn clip:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 23, 2024 10:19 PM

R211 Exactly. She said it for months on end, almost every day. Pretty much every democratic politician who came on the show had to answer if Biden needed a black VP.

That's why the gaslighting now is particularly cowardly. Stand in what you say. It doesn't inspire much confidence in your position if you don't.

by Anonymousreply 214July 23, 2024 11:26 PM

r214, so sorry but face forward. We are moving forward.

by Anonymousreply 215July 23, 2024 11:32 PM

[quote] Whoopi doesn't even bother to prep for the show.

Whoopi is terrible on the show and always has been. Tbh, I'm not sure how she's popular with viewers. I suspect it has more to do with affection from her movie roles than it does with what she adds to the View, which is mostly just uninformed opinions, crankiness, and awkward segues.

by Anonymousreply 216July 23, 2024 11:34 PM

R217. She also gaslights fat fraus with the continued promise of Sister Act 3: The Final Affirmation.

by Anonymousreply 217July 23, 2024 11:49 PM

Today Joy said to the guest that there seems to be happiness in the air the past few days with the news that Harris is the new Dem candidate. She mentioned everyone seems a bit more positive, and everyone seems in a much mood (I'm paraphrasing).

I have to agree - she's 100% correct. Everyone around me - friends, strangers, coworkers, family - seems to be in a more stress-free mood the past couple of days. We all seem more positive and optimistic than the past few months.

by Anonymousreply 218July 24, 2024 12:41 AM

I love the Clyburn clip at R213, but even he is too damn old to still be in office. He turned 84 on Sunday. These damn politicians refuse to let go. When they're wheeling in these lifeless corpses to cast a vote (SEE: Diane Feinstein) our political process becomes a joke.

R214 she did the same hammering of political guests with the reparations question. It got to the point where the co-hosts began to look uncomfortable whenever she broached the subject. She finally stopped, and this was before the big reveal about her slave owner/trader relatives came to light. I assume Brian told her to tone it down or maybe the co-hosts told her to shut the hell up about it.

by Anonymousreply 219July 24, 2024 1:59 AM

How do these women not know Pete has kids? They were discussing that asshole J D Vance's "childless cat ladies" comment about female politicians and you'll notice he included Pete in the group. Neither they nor the producers corrected his ridiculous dig.

I actually saw Whoopi reading a card of talking points today in reference to childless presidents. She must be so fired up for Kamala she stopped slouching over the table and took part in the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 220July 24, 2024 4:01 PM

Whoopi is the Larry King of daytime. She doesn’t do prep because she doesn’t think she needs to. King was the same.

by Anonymousreply 221July 24, 2024 5:16 PM

R220 I wonder if its because one of Whoopi’s points to JD was that he didn’t give birth, his wife did. So shut up JD was her point. I do agree though that it was very odd that no one brought up that Pete has kids.

by Anonymousreply 222July 24, 2024 6:24 PM

They're ignorant of a lot of things that impact the LGBT community. Largely because they don't have any LGBT women on their panel.

Which is ridiculous at this point, but that's another story.

by Anonymousreply 223July 24, 2024 6:40 PM

[quote]How do these women not know Pete has kids? They were discussing that asshole J D Vance's "childless cat ladies" comment about female politicians and you'll notice he included Pete in the group. Neither they nor the producers corrected his ridiculous dig.

Nothing to correct.

JD Vance made the comment in the clip they showed back on July 29, 2021. Mayor Pete didn't adopt his two kids until a month later, and didn't make the public announcement until September. No one knew he and his husband were in the process of adopting, as they didn't make it public. So when JD Vance made that statement (which I find horrible) and included Pete, he was correct - he was childless at that time.

by Anonymousreply 224July 24, 2024 8:38 PM

Ralph Macchio is one hell of a sexy 63 year old. WOW ! He looks much better with his facial hair, too.

by Anonymousreply 225July 24, 2024 9:04 PM

Mayor Pete did say on CNN last night that Vance made that comment exactly when he and his husband had been suffering a setback in adopting a child.

by Anonymousreply 226July 24, 2024 9:28 PM

Thanks R224, I thought he had repeated this recently. But I will ask, do you think it was nice that he included Pete in his group of "childless cat ladies? and the View ladies did not even bother to acknowledge Vance's blatant homophobia? They went all in on sexism and completely ignored the Pete dig.

I wonder if they'll discuss a clip I saw earlier today of a FOX News guest comparing Kamala to the "Hawk tuah" girl. The three male co-hosts immediately smiled. The female co-host sat there stone faced and was not amused. I'm beginning to wonder if the battle lines have been drawn and this will not be an election about Right vs Left but Men vs Women.

by Anonymousreply 227July 24, 2024 9:57 PM

[quote]I thought he had repeated this recently. But I will ask, do you think it was nice that he included Pete in his group of "childless cat ladies? and the View ladies did not even bother to acknowledge Vance's blatant homophobia? They went all in on sexism and completely ignored the Pete dig.

They don't cover a lot of gay issues. I wouldn't say they're homophobic, but unless there's a LGBT guest on, they're not actively interested. They didn't participate in supporting the LGBT Disney employees when they had their ABC boycott (even though shows like Mark and Kelly did) nor did they touch on Disney (their bosses) donating money to Republican politicians who initiated anti-gay bills.

And some times they say stupid shit regarding the community that would be deemed offensive if it was coming from FOX news. Sunny Hostin recently saying gay men can "sniff each other out" using their noses being one of them.

by Anonymousreply 228July 24, 2024 10:07 PM

Hadn’t Mario Cantone been on as a panelist a few times? I guess that’s because of Joy.

by Anonymousreply 229July 24, 2024 10:53 PM

[quote]Mayor Pete did say on CNN last night that Vance made that comment exactly when he and his husband had been suffering a setback in adopting a child.

Since Pete and his husband kept their adopting children private, and didn't publicly announce it until September, 2021 - a month after they adopted the two children - how in the world would Vance know in July, 2021 that they were adopting or suffering setbacks ? Pete and his hubby kept it all private.

Again, I don't like Vance or anything he says or does in the least. But Pete and other critics can't rewrite history from three years ago.

by Anonymousreply 230July 25, 2024 12:47 AM

[quote] But Pete and other critics can't rewrite history from three years ago.

Agreed, but it does fit with what Alyssa said today, which is that there are a lot of people who are childless because they're struggling to have kids, are too young, or just haven't met the right person yet. Not knowing Pete's situation and criticizing him for being childless makes Vance a dick.

by Anonymousreply 231July 25, 2024 2:01 AM

Children are a financial drain.

by Anonymousreply 232July 25, 2024 2:20 AM

[quote]Not knowing Pete's situation and criticizing him for being childless makes Vance a dick.

No, knowing Pete's situation and criticizing him for being childless would make Vance a dick. But that's not how it happened. Pete kept his situation private until after the adoption went through, and Vance voiced his criticism two months prior. Pete can't play the victim on this one.

by Anonymousreply 233July 25, 2024 2:31 AM

FFS, R233, how is Pete playing the victim? Vance included him in a group of women whom he referred to as childless cat ladies. He was the only guy mentioned among the women politicians. That was intentional on Vance's part so please stop defending this asshole.

by Anonymousreply 234July 25, 2024 6:05 AM

Please stop defending the indefensible Couch-Fucker.

by Anonymousreply 235July 25, 2024 9:58 AM

I don’t know why they discussed the prenup topic during today’s live show and didn’t save it for the pre-taped Friday show. Also, Whoopie mispronouncing Kelly Bensimon’s name proves she can’t even be bothered to listen during the pre-show meeting.

by Anonymousreply 236July 25, 2024 4:12 PM

R235, the AP just removed that story from its file. They could not authenticate its origins.

R236, I don't believe Whoopi attends those meetings. It easy to assume she gets dumped at the studio by her driver, they roll her into hair and makeup, look at her for a bit, do nothing, then on to wardrobe. There they dress her in outfits they will later send to Ukraine orphans and those who are too poor to attend clown school.

by Anonymousreply 237July 25, 2024 4:26 PM

ONCE AGAIN, Sunny rattles off a bunch of statistics on voter registration increase since Sunday (40K) and hpw many are 18-34, etc. Yet, she doesn't give her sources. How do we know if what she says is true ? Nothing to fact check.

by Anonymousreply 238July 25, 2024 8:39 PM

What's Sunny going to do when the View is off for a month? Especially since the DNC will be held during that period.

She's going to be chomping at the bit to be on the air.

by Anonymousreply 239July 25, 2024 9:11 PM

With all the lying Republicans do, I personally do not care if it cannot be verified. Vance fucked the goat when the story of him fucking the couch went around.

by Anonymousreply 240July 25, 2024 9:34 PM

Sara acknowledged on today’s podcast that Pete didn’t have kids when Vance made the cat lady comment but that it was definitely an additional dig lumping him in there.

by Anonymousreply 241July 25, 2024 9:51 PM

[quote]the story of him fucking the couch

What ? I never heard that story. Any links to that ?

by Anonymousreply 242July 25, 2024 9:58 PM

[quote]What's Sunny going to do when the View is off for a month? Especially since the DNC will be held during that period.

She'll be on BET hosting "The SUNNY View : What Educated Women of Color Are Thinking At This Moment".

by Anonymousreply 243July 25, 2024 9:59 PM

R241, Sara's brother is gay so she's always speaking up for gay rights. Sunny jumped on the gay train and is very supportive. I'm beginning to wonder if her son Gabriel is gay. I believe she's talked about him dating girls, but you never know.

R242, click the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244July 25, 2024 10:03 PM

[quote]Sunny jumped on the gay train and is very supportive.

I wouldn't say she's very supportive. She defended Kevin Hart a couple of years back over his homophobic comments, and even accused the LGBT community of acting like a "lynch mob" (interesting choice of words). I also didn't see her speaking out when her bosses were caught donating money to anti-gay politicians. Miss "Silence is complicit" sure had laryngitis then.

She also was very critical of Buttigieg when he was running for President.

by Anonymousreply 245July 25, 2024 10:44 PM

R245, you forgot to factor in the Sunny formula. Race is always of the greater value. Kevin = black so Kevin is of the greater value. Pete was running against Kamala during the 2020 primaries so again, factor in race and you have your answer. Disney is usually gay friendly but Sunny's career trumps gay rights, I suppose. And she is one of the best ass-kissers around.

by Anonymousreply 246July 26, 2024 2:38 AM

Today Sunny was talking up Kamala as a moderate. Meanwhile I am willing to *guarantee* there are multiple clips of Sunny in 2020 touting Kamala as a progressive. She also defended Kamala from shying away from her background as a prosecutor in 2020 while leaning into now. Which is hilarious because whenever Nikki Haley or a Republican does something similar, she rails against them as a flip flopper, chameleon, or disingenuous. She is so fucking hypocritical.

by Anonymousreply 247July 26, 2024 4:09 PM

I’m glad we’ll at least get a break from her next month.

by Anonymousreply 248July 26, 2024 4:50 PM

The show should have taken the next three weeks off, and come back on August 19 to start their new season - that way they could cover the DNC. Instead, they will be going on vacation for the month of August and miss the DNC.

by Anonymousreply 249July 26, 2024 8:08 PM

Joy Behar welcomed Elliot Page, saying 'The last time you were here, you were promoting your book 'Page Boy' which went on to be a national best-seller.'

Who does her fact checking ?

The book only sold a few thousand copies (less than 5K, IIRC) - at the end of the year it was listed as one of the biggest flops in the industry for 2023, and was used as an example in many reports as to why trends are changing, and readers are not that interested in celebrity memoirs any longer, as they had been in the past. I'm pretty positive it won the dubious distinction of 'worst selling celebrity memoir' of 2023.

by Anonymousreply 250July 26, 2024 8:28 PM

Jennie Garth is beautiful for 52 - looks like she has aged nicely. But boy is she boring to listen to - does not know how to keep others engaged in her conversation. Everyone looked so bored and tired of listening to her.

by Anonymousreply 251July 26, 2024 8:47 PM

In Jennie's defense, the interview started on a somber note as they addressed Shannen Doherty's death. They probably should have saved that for the end as it kind of killed the mood from the jump.

by Anonymousreply 252July 26, 2024 8:59 PM

Why was it a shock that Shannen died???

by Anonymousreply 253July 26, 2024 10:16 PM

Maybe Jennie didn't know

by Anonymousreply 254July 26, 2024 10:22 PM

Jennie Garth is the quintessential TV mediocrity. She was a fucking blank back then, too.

by Anonymousreply 255July 26, 2024 10:40 PM

I could never get over her weird chipmunk cheeks. But at least hers were natural.

by Anonymousreply 256July 26, 2024 10:53 PM

Are they starting their four week vacation on August 5 ? Damn - so much will be going on. I'll miss their commentaries.

by Anonymousreply 257July 27, 2024 8:03 PM

Yeah this is the last week of shows until after Labor Day.

by Anonymousreply 258July 29, 2024 10:13 PM

Where was Sunny today ? Was she on the campaign trail auditioning for the Veep spot ?

by Anonymousreply 259July 29, 2024 11:15 PM

So nice to see Whoopi smack down Anna when Anna tried to steal a joke Whoopi said last week, and make it her own. Whoopi wasn't having it.

Anna referred to 'JD Vance' as 'Just Dumb Vance' and the audience clapped.

A defensive Whoopi cut in and asked, 'Where did you get that from?' Anna - obviously surprised by the interruption - choked out, "I tweeted it out two days ago".

A defiant Whoopi didn't get the truth she wanted, and asked again, 'But where did you hear it the first time ?'

Anna feigns ignorance and says, "Well, I heard it from you today ". Whoopi wasn't having it. She stressed, "Well you heard it from me last week!" to which Sara and Alyssa both said, "That's right - that's when I heard it". Anna finally mumbled, "Oh yeah...I remember you said that."

PLEASE FIRE ANNA AT THE END OF THIS SEASON !

by Anonymousreply 260July 29, 2024 11:58 PM

Did anyone see Whoopi's reaction today when Sunny said "I am shooketh"? She was like WTF?

by Anonymousreply 261July 30, 2024 8:00 PM

Kudos to Sunny Hostin for brining attention to the "White Dudes for Harris" group which brought 200,000 white men to a video call (including many Hollywood celebrities) vowing to throw their support behind Harris over the next 98 days.

Wait - what was that ? Sunny DIDN'T mention this group at all ? Didn't congratulate them or thank them ?

I'm shocketh and shooketh, I tell you.

by Anonymousreply 262July 30, 2024 11:36 PM

She did mention white dudes for Harris on the podcast today. She even said positive things about Pete Buttigieg. But she also repeatedly referred to Kamala Harris as her sorority sister--reinforcing that the black women she really cares about are the ones exactly like her.

by Anonymousreply 263July 30, 2024 11:44 PM

It's good to hear she mentioned it on the podcast, but she should've mentioned it on THE VIEW as well. Like she mentioned the group of black women last week.

by Anonymousreply 264July 30, 2024 11:49 PM

Calling it now ! The cohosts walk out tomorrow in tee shirts that say "Say it to my face!"

by Anonymousreply 265July 31, 2024 1:10 AM

Sunny will be insufferable tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 266July 31, 2024 1:15 AM

Why would tomorrow be any different than every other day, R266?

by Anonymousreply 267July 31, 2024 1:15 AM

R265, R266, what did I miss today? I watched the show but don't get the "say it to my face" bit. And what has transpired today which will make Sunny more insufferable than usual?

by Anonymousreply 268July 31, 2024 2:16 AM

Did you watch the Harris speech in GA tonight ? "Say it to my face" is the new catch-phrase Kamala said, which has gone viral in the past two hours. It's going to be as popular as 'Locke her up!' was from the MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 269July 31, 2024 2:20 AM

Thanks R269. No I didn't watch her speech. I'll vote for her but I don't find her a compelling or charismatic speaker. I also think her political jazz hands are out of control. I'm so sick of politicians emphasizing every fucking word with a hand gesture. .

Oh, and the new catchphrase sounds like more schoolyard bullshit. The dumbing down of America continues. Trump lowered the jungle gym bar and everyone continues to play in his yard.

by Anonymousreply 270July 31, 2024 2:25 AM

[quote] Oh, and the new catchphrase sounds like more schoolyard bullshit. The dumbing down of America continues.

I agree, it does - but it will work with the left-out Nikki voters and the fly-over states independents. This dumbing down appeals to them. It will work.

I'm tired of the hand movements from candidates, too. However, I think it started and worked well for Bill Clinton in 1992, and made him look like a 'powerful orator' in front of crowds. I think that's why everyone imitates him now.

by Anonymousreply 271July 31, 2024 2:30 AM

PS - Trump's hand gestures makes him look like he's playing an accordion. He brings them in close, and then separates them - wash, rinse and repeat.

by Anonymousreply 272July 31, 2024 2:32 AM

Yes, R272 and Clinton was said to be inserting his card in the ATM machine aka the Clinton thumb. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 273July 31, 2024 2:38 AM

Sunny is an elitist snob, and she can’t be any more insufferable than she is now.

by Anonymousreply 274July 31, 2024 2:46 AM

Oh yes, she can.

by Anonymousreply 275July 31, 2024 2:56 AM

Is Sunny still stuttering and taking a long time to get her thoughts out of her mouth?

by Anonymousreply 276July 31, 2024 3:12 AM

R274, yet today she was talking about her poor upbringing. Going hungry, homemade clothes, etc. I wonder how her impoverished parents managed to pay for her private schooling. I also recall reading in her memoir, they moved into a nice apt building so she could be closer to the school.

She always gets mad when politicians talk about the poor pulling themselves up by their bootstraps. Yet she did as did Vance. I think the ego is in play when people like her assume others in her position don't have a fair chance in life yet she managed to succeed. I suppose she feels she's smarter than the supposed dumb asses who reside in low-income areas. Whoopi also chimed in saying something to the effect of they can't afford bootstraps. She's another one who didn't come from an affluent background yet managed to succeed. Ego, ego, ego.

by Anonymousreply 277July 31, 2024 3:12 AM

Sunny again today trying to make "shooketh" happen.

by Anonymousreply 278August 1, 2024 2:02 AM

Once Kamala gets the nomination (officially) at the DNC, I wonder if she will continue to make frequent visits to the show ? When she's there, you can tell she's having the time of her life as the hosts love her.

by Anonymousreply 279August 1, 2024 2:06 AM

The media really needs to stop pushing Chris Sununu as “one of the good ones.” He’s as self interested and full of shit as the worst of the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 280August 1, 2024 3:36 PM

Apologies to the Whoopi lovers in this thread but I've had more than enough of her ignorance and arrogance. She is so unbelievably unfit for the role of moderator yet she's still there. She couldn't even pronounce one of the hostages'names and then proclaimed it was her last show for the year. You're back in September you burnout.

And I don't know if it's because they're about to go on hiatus or Kamala, but there's been a noticeable difference in her demeanor. She's all peppy and happy the past few weeks and she's taken to reading the talking points cards which she never does.

I guess tomorrow is pre-taped but Pete's on so it should be interesting. I'll have to take a shot (of tea) every time he says the word "weird."

by Anonymousreply 281August 1, 2024 4:02 PM

They're live tomorrow. Last show of the season (not year, Whoopi, fucking illiterate.)

by Anonymousreply 282August 1, 2024 5:14 PM

Are they gonna mention Paul Whelan being released? They were all on the Brittany Griner case, but when Brittany was freed, Whoopi was like, "We're not gonna forget you Paul."

I don't think they mentioned him once since.

by Anonymousreply 283August 1, 2024 9:16 PM

Sunny is now half white ? For the past 8 years she has told us she's a 'double minority' - her father is Black and her mother is Latina. Today's she's only a half minority - and no one questioned her ? Geez...

by Anonymousreply 284August 1, 2024 9:17 PM

R281...

1. Whoopi mispronounces names on a regular basis. It's not that she's ignorant or arrogant, it's (as she has explained hundreds of times) that she has dyslexia and reads names off the teleprompter.

2. She wasn't incorrect in saying this is her last show of the year; this is the show's 27th year. Their television year (or season) runs September - July. Just like a school year is September - June. So she will return in the series' 28th year.

3. She always reads off the blue index cards and the teleprompter. That's nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 285August 1, 2024 9:26 PM

WRONG, R285. That isn’t how it works. The View will return in September for its 28th SEASON. Make Google and Wiki your friend.

by Anonymousreply 286August 2, 2024 2:24 AM

R285, a dyslexic should not be moderating a daytime talk show. She fucks up everything and instead of apologizing she doubles down on her idiocy. She's also a know-it-all who refuses to listen to reason. Does the Holocaust ring a bell? Strike I. Bad moderator.

This is the end of their season. This is not the last show of the year. They're not in school they're a talk show on hiatus. Once again, she can't be bothered to find the proper word so she just says whatever the hell comes out of her mouth. And why does she have to act like some stupid tween on the last day of school? She's so unprofessional. Strike II. Bad moderator.

I've only seen her (try) to read off the teleprompter. As moderator it's her job to introduce the topics and the guests. She has never read off blue cards during Hot Topics because she felt her pearls of wisdom were enough. Only since Biden announced he would not run and Kamala became the presumptive nominee has she actively participated in the conversation. She now reads the cards which provide her with facts about that day's Kamala topic.

I know you like her but I find her ridiculously unprofessional and she's getting worse by the day. She might as well be doing a Huggy Bear impression at this point. And the way she treated Governor Sununu, talking over him when he was trying to explain why she was wrong about the voting process was embarrassing. Sunny and Joy were no better. They don't even bother to hide their disdain if a guest doesn't fall in line with their political ideals. They're so damn unprofessional. Barbara must be rolling.

by Anonymousreply 287August 2, 2024 2:40 AM

They're pr-recorded, not live. The exec producer Brian Teta said they'd be live according to their after-the-show podcast.

So, they're off on their well-deserved (?) hiatus and we get a break for the next four weeks. Yay.

by Anonymousreply 288August 2, 2024 3:06 PM

They also said they're moving to a studio downtown. I wonder if the show will have a totally new look next season.

by Anonymousreply 289August 2, 2024 3:28 PM

Link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290August 2, 2024 5:20 PM

When Sunny said she had an announcement, my heart skipped a beat when for a split second, I thought she was going to announce her departure from the show.

by Anonymousreply 291August 2, 2024 5:36 PM

She might still quit to go on the campaign trail with Kamala?

by Anonymousreply 292August 2, 2024 5:40 PM

r289, I think they are going to enlarge the audience. Fuck you, ATAS.

Even Oprah at Harpo Studios in Chicago had a bigger audience.

by Anonymousreply 293August 2, 2024 5:41 PM

Maybe Whoopster asked for the rest of 2024 off. We will find out. I'd prefer her to Sunshine and Ananutherturd. They sure bring down any kind of decent vibe.

by Anonymousreply 294August 2, 2024 9:04 PM

I hope they don’t give Alyssa the address of the new studio.

by Anonymousreply 295August 2, 2024 10:12 PM

I can't wait for Alyssa to have a kid solely so on her first day back Joy can tell her how much she missed her and Meghan McCain's head can explode.

by Anonymousreply 296August 3, 2024 12:39 AM

Maybe she'll be Kamala's AG, r291 and r292!

by Anonymousreply 297August 3, 2024 12:42 AM

Maybe Kamala will appoint Sunny to the USSC once the two idiots resign. Actually, I would love to see Pete Buttigeg appointed to the USSC - he can be our first gay justice on the bench. It's long overdue.

by Anonymousreply 298August 3, 2024 1:14 AM

Only problem is Pete isn’t a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 299August 3, 2024 3:33 AM

R298 is Whoopi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300August 3, 2024 4:34 AM

R299. I don't think you have to be. I believe anyone can be appointed a judge, no matter their background, so long as the President thinks you're a good pick. Pete's very knowledgeable on the constitution and law of the land - he'd be ideal.

by Anonymousreply 301August 3, 2024 2:29 PM

Can anyone pinpoint the day The View returns for the New Season and New Studio?

by Anonymousreply 302August 6, 2024 4:48 PM

The day after Labor Day. Tuesday, September 3.

by Anonymousreply 303August 6, 2024 6:00 PM

Thank you!

I have it on the DVR!

by Anonymousreply 304August 6, 2024 7:22 PM

R303...a day that will live in infamy.

by Anonymousreply 305August 6, 2024 10:02 PM

Can you believe this has-been? Her ego is so out of control she should be grateful they haven't tossed her aside for someone who knows Dr. Jill Biden is not a medical doctor. Or that Hitler proclaimed Jews were of an inferior race. Or the WACS NOT landing on Normandy Beach. Or pick a subject. Any subject. Fucking moron.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306August 8, 2024 6:06 AM

Whoopi audibly farts on air. So it’s not shocking she’d feel she needs a private bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 307August 8, 2024 1:22 PM

Would you want to share a bathroom with Whoopi and her gaseous bowels? The other co- hosts deserve better than to smell Whoopi’s farts all the time.

by Anonymousreply 308August 8, 2024 3:52 PM

No way Pete will be appointed to Scotus. Maybe you dont have to he an attorney, but it won’t happen.

by Anonymousreply 309August 8, 2024 4:04 PM

It's more about her attitude. You know what's great about this info., it was leaked. Does anyone remember when we had a leaker here who worked for WABC in NY? They would post here and everything they posted came to fruition.

Maybe The View has a new leaker at its new location. It also speaks volumes about Whoopie's lack of popularity with the staff. There was one story some years ago, where she was yelling and calling herself the "N" word while calling certain execs "Massuh" because something upset her. Found it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310August 8, 2024 4:05 PM

r309 has spoken.

by Anonymousreply 311August 8, 2024 4:06 PM

Every one of the hosts deserves, and should receive, their own bathroom. The idea that they are not getting something as important as their own shitter is fucking shocking. I'd raise a stink (pun intended) about this too. Give the Fartster her own toilet, pronto.

by Anonymousreply 312August 9, 2024 1:27 AM

R312, it's not the grievance it's the way she handles it. She's a self-entitled asshole. I really am sick of her. She sucks all of the air out of the studio when she starts with her rambling bullshit, and she never adds anything to the conversation. Nothing. Her only talent seems to be looking bored and bringing the Hot Topics conversations to a grinding halt.

by Anonymousreply 313August 9, 2024 1:35 AM

They do have their own bathrooms. Their dressing rooms are like luxurious one-bedroom apartments. What did you think they had ? The guests have smaller dressing rooms - sort of like 'studio' apartments.

BTW, R309 is Chasten Buttigieg. He does not want to hang out with Ginny Thomas if his husband becomes a USSC justice.

by Anonymousreply 314August 9, 2024 1:36 AM

R314, they just moved the show to a new studio downtown in preparation for their new season in September. Whoopi made the news because she was upset that her new dressing room was not equipped with a bathroom. Bitch, bitch. Moan, moan. Take a toke. Bitch, bitch...

by Anonymousreply 315August 9, 2024 1:39 AM

r313 = "That restaurant is horrible. Every mouthful is poison...and they give you such small portions!"

by Anonymousreply 316August 9, 2024 1:58 AM

Oh joy, the stalking, judgmental and oh so bitchy hall monitor is back at R316.

by Anonymousreply 317August 9, 2024 2:05 AM

I'm on Whoopi's side if it's true about no bathroom. Whether you love or hate her, she deserves her own damn bathroom. If you were in her shoes you'd be pissed off too.

by Anonymousreply 318August 9, 2024 2:23 AM

Does anyone really believe a new state of the art studio would not have private bathrooms in each dressing room ? Seriously ?

by Anonymousreply 319August 9, 2024 2:25 AM

Lawrence O'Donnell calling out the press for not calling out Trump's lies today in the Maralago Faux Press Conference is a TURN ON!

by Anonymousreply 320August 9, 2024 2:58 AM

He brought receipts, r320.

by Anonymousreply 321August 9, 2024 3:16 AM

Did he mention The View and their bathroom situation?

by Anonymousreply 322August 9, 2024 3:24 AM

What does Lawrence O'Donnell's rant have to do with 'The View' ?

by Anonymousreply 323August 9, 2024 9:27 PM

You have OCD, r323, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 324August 9, 2024 9:54 PM

Rosie used to bitch about the old building because it didn’t have private bathrooms either and she wasn’t a public pooper. She wrote a dramatic poem about the whole thing on her old blog

by Anonymousreply 325August 9, 2024 9:57 PM

Whoopiehas her own bathroom now. Calm down!

by Anonymousreply 326August 9, 2024 10:53 PM

R325, Rosie moderated when they broadcast from ABC Television Studio 23 in New York City. That was their first location. Then in 2014 they relocated to the ABC Broadcast Center on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Now they're moving downtown.

I miss when they broadcast from studio 23. They were in the same building as AMC and sometimes the co-hosts would share stories of their interactions in the hallways with the cast.

by Anonymousreply 327August 10, 2024 1:53 AM

[quote]Rosie moderated when they broadcast from ABC Television Studio 23 in New York City. That was their first location. Then in 2014 they relocated to the ABC Broadcast Center on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.

IIRC, the 'new studio' they moved to in September, 2014 was the 'new' studio which ABC had built for Katie Couric for her syndicated show 'Katie' which ran from September, 2012 - July, 2014. ABC spent a fortune on the studio for Katie Couric and highly promoted her show, which bombed in the ratings and was officially canceled 15 months later. They had no intention of letting that investment sit dark for long, and decided in the Spring of 2014 they would be bringing the new cast of 'The View' (Goldberg, O'Donnell, Perez and Wallace) to the new, expensive studio.

I recall the premiere for the new season of 'The View' was delayed by two weeks (it premiered in mid-September, not the day after Labor Day) because the 'make-over' of the front of the house wasn't completed on time. When they kicked off the new season, they discussed the death of Joan Rivers on Sept 4, and Rosie and Whoopi shared stories of attending her funeral a week earlier.

by Anonymousreply 328August 10, 2024 2:54 AM

That's interesting, R328. I do recall Katie's show came and went. I only remember this because as you said, the show was highly promoted yet she couldn't draw an audience.

I don't remember the new season being delayed though. I still miss Joan Rivers. Here's an interview she did with the ladies shortly after winning Celebrity Apprentice. Whatever happened to the douchey host? Hmmm...

As a side note: This interview took place 14 years ago, yet even back then Whoopi sat there like a slug looking bored. She did not ask one question, nor did she participate in the conversation. I'd say a cardboard cutout might work for as her season 28 replacement. Save a few bucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329August 10, 2024 3:18 AM

[quote]As a side note: This interview took place 14 years ago, yet even back then Whoopi sat there like a slug looking bored.

WHAT ? Watch the interview again. Whoopi was far from bored - she was laughing throughout the segment. Whoopi has always, always said Rivers was her favorite celebrity friend, and no one made her laugh the way Rivers did.

[quote]She did not ask one question, nor did she participate in the conversation.

In all fairness, it was barely an interview to 'ask questions'. (She was there to promote her new show 'How Did You Get So Rich', yet we learned nothing about the show she was promoting).

Hasslebeck, Shepard and Behar were there to 'set up the jokes' for Rivers to run with. It was more than obvious - there were no 'real' questions there. They were just there to 'tee the ball' for Rivers to hit off the course. There was no conversation - Rivers was doing her comedy routine on the show. And again, Whoopi couldn't stop laughing throughout the segment.

by Anonymousreply 330August 10, 2024 3:41 AM

The co-hosts had to interject almost stepping on Joan's punchlines in order to ask her a question. They had cards which means they were assigned certain questions to ask the guest. Defend Whoopi all you want; I think she's a waste of space (more space than a dressing room bathroom.)

by Anonymousreply 331August 10, 2024 3:51 AM

[quote]I don't remember the new season being delayed though.

That year, Labor Day was Monday, September 1. So they should have started their new season on Tuesday, September 2, like every season. They didn't return until September 15. I remember the internet and media was buzzing that they couldn't start the season because 'Rosie and Whoopi' weren't getting along at the meetings, and they weren't going to work together. That's when ABC put out a press release that construction for the make-over was delayed, as well as the delivery of some of the furniture they were going to use that season.

I remember when they did return, the stage had those ugly chairs they were sitting in and the table had shrunk. It was one thing all four agreed - they hated the new set. By October 6, the chairs were gone and they brought back the table and bar-stool chairs. It was the second make-over, as they were ready to change again in another few weeks.

They also premiered their new logo, new colors and new theme song 'Shake It Off' by someone named Taylor something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332August 10, 2024 4:01 AM

I remember that R332. But you know what I also remember the Whoopi/Rosie friction and it wouldn't be hard to believe they delayed the premiere because of these two and their gargantuan egos. How hard is it for union construction teams and set designers to get the job done on time? They're pros and they do it every day.

Notice in the pre-taped segment before the new opening, Whoopi is making a face and dare, I say, looking bored.

by Anonymousreply 333August 10, 2024 4:10 AM

This was reported today...

The next four months are important ones for The View

While no changes have been announced for Season 28 of The View, as of this writing, how well the show does, especially in an election year as important as this one is, may determine the future of the show.

The Sun reports that an insider revealed, “The larger issue is that while the show continues to be profitable for ABC and its affiliated TV stations, the audiences are declining … and they’re getting older every year.”

The insider continued, “That’s not a reversible trend, and it’s why there’s a ticking clock on this franchise.”

“The next four months are everything…” the source concluded.

The ladies on the panel now, which includes Whoopi Goldberg, Sunny Hostin, Joy Behar, and Alyssa Farah Griffin, need to continue producing compelling television during this hot-button election year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334August 12, 2024 3:07 AM

It’s the number one show in daytime so the idea of a ticking clock, particularly when they’ve just invested in an expensive move seems unlikely. As the for the age of the audience, the easiest way to address that would be to lose Whoopi and Joy.

by Anonymousreply 335August 12, 2024 4:09 AM

But I saw on Facebook that Roseanne's morning show was killing The View in the ratings!

by Anonymousreply 336August 12, 2024 4:29 AM

R335 It makes no sense to me, either. I wonder if someone at the show planted this story just to drum up new interest in the show for those who have strayed the past season or two - let viewers know that tis is going to be a must-see-TV show with the election coming up ?

by Anonymousreply 337August 12, 2024 4:34 AM

No August numbers are reliable as all The View episodes are reruns.

Roseanne needs to go back to her Kamabla Kabala Kumbaya hating.

Is she selling red string bracelets?

by Anonymousreply 338August 13, 2024 9:23 PM

Will they give Joy another primetime special the night of the election since a woman is running for President?

by Anonymousreply 339August 13, 2024 9:43 PM

R338, I was referring to a Facebook hoax that Trumpsters believe. Roseanne doesn't have a morning show.

by Anonymousreply 340August 13, 2024 9:49 PM

[quote]The ladies on the panel now, which includes Whoopi Goldberg, Sunny Hostin, Joy Behar, and Alyssa Farah Griffin, need to continue producing compelling television during this hot-button election year.

This made me laugh out loud when I read it.

This show hasn't been interesting in years. You can practically recite the responses that are going to come out of their mouths on any given topic now.

Also, all of them on the panel are wealthy. They're so out of touch with the issues that are plaguing the current generations that it isn't even funny. Whoopi and Joy have become blatantly ageist to younger generations. Sunny cosplays as revolutionary when it's convenient, but will throw in the Harvard, Hamptons shit on a dime. She had to remind everyone before the break that she's besties with Kamala, so there's goes any semblance of objectivity when she's elected. Ana name drops every other sentence.

I also wish this show would realize that there's diversity that goes beyond simple ethnicity. There's no Lisa or Elizabeth anymore who are lower on the financial paygrade and can present a little more middle class ground ness. Political wise the democrat, Republican shit gets tiresome. Put an independent on there who doesn't buy what either party in lockstep if you want real fireworks and ratings. But I've longed believed that Whoopi, Joy and Sunny want balance when it's them who come out looking good in the end. LGBT co-host? Rosie is still the only one in almost thirty years? Shameful.

Making Ana and the Trumper full time co hosts was a mistake.

My prediction is that Sunny will be the first to go if they make changes. The gossip is her likeability has been plummeting for a while now. I think Ana isn't too far behind.. Whoopi from what I heard, has VERY high Q (popularity) ratings, so they're not letting her go. Joy is also still well liked by viewers.

by Anonymousreply 341August 13, 2024 10:03 PM

As a viewer of the show, I’m always baffled by Whoopi’s supposed popularity. She’s actively cranky half the time and the other half she’s actively disinterested or acts like she’s the smartest person in the room. I feel like her popularity is based solely on affection from her movies and not at all on her performance on the show.

by Anonymousreply 342August 13, 2024 10:19 PM

R342. 100%! As the "moderator," she should be more engaged and involved in every topic. Not just basically announce the topic and then look like she's falling asleep.

by Anonymousreply 343August 13, 2024 10:23 PM

It's hilarious that after I post that August numbers are not to be believed as the show is on hiatus until Labor Day Tuesday and TROLLS and HATERS come flooding in.

Bunch of stupid cunts.

The balance of the ladies at the table is great. Very Representative of American Girlpower.

Nobody is going to adjust the panel until 2026 at the earliest unless they are all carted off to Trump Concentration Plantations.

r338

by Anonymousreply 344August 13, 2024 10:53 PM

R344, who the fuck are you to call someone "trolls and haters" for posting an opposing opinion? The show is called The View, and I agree with R342 and R343. Whoopi has made this show unwatchable for me. When she bothers to partake in the conversation, she comes across like an ignorant know-it-all who always brings the show to a grinding halt.

I also agree with R341 pertaining to the mind-numbingly dull discourse they have at the table. I know exactly how each one will answer save occasionally for Sara who looks at both sides of the issue. They're stale and they need some fresh blood at the table. Or preferably a co-host who actually has blood coursing through her veins. That leaves out Whoopi and I'm not too sure about Joy these days.

"American Girlpower" A new and exciting novel coming soon from every gal's pal - JD Vance!! Jackass

by Anonymousreply 345August 13, 2024 11:19 PM

Wow, I never thought that Trump coprophagy would result is no much eructation.

[quote]Whoopi has made this show unwatchable for me.

And yet you post here.

You are still a bunch of stupid cunts, and your little opinions, too.

by Anonymousreply 346August 14, 2024 12:03 AM

I didn't know Danny Thomas posted here.

Yes, R346, everyone who watches the show and may not always agree with the burnout, the liberal ass-kisser, the incredibly unfunny Nicaraguan stand-up comedienne, the racist, the peacekeeper and the newbie who doesn't want to get fired, eats Trump's feces.

You use the term American Girl Power then refer to anyone who disagrees with you a stupid cunt. Women are rising sweetie; you better protect that little cocklet of yours.

by Anonymousreply 347August 14, 2024 12:26 AM

R347. Thank you! I didn't know to whom you were referring but then investigated and discovered that I blocked this psycho who is currently posting filth as R346, etc. My blocked list shows all of its demented posts and it looks like the scribbling of a psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 348August 14, 2024 12:37 AM

You're welcome, R348. There are two bitchy hall monitors in this thread and I'm tired of them trying to control the narrative. It is a discussion thread after all.

by Anonymousreply 349August 14, 2024 1:04 AM

And the psycho is the OP of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 350August 14, 2024 1:32 AM

r347, Danny Thomas is as dead as his glass coffee table.

The coprophagy is all about Republicans eating shit in public for Trump. Trump threw weird JD under the bus and JD, as Trump's VP pick, went to work eating shit in public for Trump. Nikki Haley ate shit for Trump at the Convention, but she has long disappeared.

So don't watch The View.

by Anonymousreply 351August 14, 2024 1:38 AM

R351 do try to make your point without bringing feces into the conversation. I don't feel you're capable but please do try.

As for your demand everyone in this thread bow down and kiss Whoopi's paste-on dreads or we'll be tagged as Trump trolls and banished from your delusional kingdom, again no thanks. You do your thing, and we'll do ours.

by Anonymousreply 352August 14, 2024 2:52 AM

R350 and R351. I'm so happy I blocked you. You're like an elderly crone screaming at a cloud.

by Anonymousreply 353August 14, 2024 3:00 AM

And yet you go out of your way to read my posts.

So confusing.

by Anonymousreply 354August 14, 2024 3:13 AM

Looks like AFG is spending her summer vacation from 'The View' working her other job at CNN! She's been a regular on there commenting on the Harris / Walz campaign vs Trump / Vance (which she thinks is a mess). I believe she will also be covering parts of the DNC this week for CNN, if I understood her correctly. Sunny must be furious !

by Anonymousreply 355August 18, 2024 2:31 AM

R355. Good for her! Sunny can keep writing her erotic novels ala Barbara Thorndyke and calm the F down

by Anonymousreply 356August 18, 2024 3:00 AM

It must really fry her eggs knowing she was fired from CNN, and AFG still works there - and is making a name for herself there. Trust me, Sunny would want nothing more than to be working for a major news cable station and covering 'her friend Kamala's' historic campaign / convention. And then to come back to 'The View' in a few weeks and brag all about her experience there.

I'm more impressed with her on CNN than THE VIEW (and I'm impressed with the way she shuts Sunny down, every chance she gets).

by Anonymousreply 357August 18, 2024 1:37 PM

Didn't Ana have the same opportunity to work CNN during the ABC hiatus?

by Anonymousreply 358August 18, 2024 4:29 PM

I'm not certain about Ana. I haven't seen her at all the past few weeks - AFG I see practically every night when I'm channel surfing.

by Anonymousreply 359August 18, 2024 4:35 PM

I mention Ana because I thought that she was the only other CNN consultant at The View table.

Considering how much of a fascist Little Marco is, I thought she would enjoy dogging him.

by Anonymousreply 360August 18, 2024 4:39 PM

Ana just trumped AFG and will be the HOST of night two of the whole Convention.

Eat it Alyssa

by Anonymousreply 361August 19, 2024 1:54 AM

We can all tune out Tuesday night, then.

by Anonymousreply 362August 19, 2024 2:02 AM

Take the night off, r363, we'll let you know how it goes.

by Anonymousreply 363August 19, 2024 2:18 AM

Does Ana finally identify as a democrat then?

by Anonymousreply 364August 19, 2024 2:35 AM

I'm counting on you, R363. Stay awake through all her jokes which land with a thud.

by Anonymousreply 365August 19, 2024 2:44 AM

AFG would do a much better job than Ana. I really enjoy her and I'm a lib.

by Anonymousreply 366August 19, 2024 5:49 AM

Showcasing a Nicaraguan Latina who hates Marco Rubio and Trump is not a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 367August 19, 2024 5:52 AM

The question is: Will the convention center be large enough to fit her massive ego.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368August 19, 2024 11:14 PM

It doesn't just have to fit Ana's ego. It also has to fit her good friend Eva Longoria, Cha Cha's godmother Gloria Estefan, and Jennifer Lopez who Ana wants you to know she had brunch with last weekend.

by Anonymousreply 369August 19, 2024 11:27 PM

I hope Anna is working on her comic timing, so all her inevitable attempts at jokes don't land with a thud.

by Anonymousreply 370August 19, 2024 11:30 PM

The walking ego drops names, kisses VP ass and becomes angrier and angrier as she yells her way through a three-minute speech.

Eight-year-old girl from Nicaragua "Thank you for inviting me," Who the hell invited you? I sure as hell didn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371August 21, 2024 2:01 AM

She was awful. She turned away voters, I bet.

by Anonymousreply 372August 21, 2024 2:17 AM

These repeat shows don't age well at all. They're discussing the big build-up to the first debate. Last week they had Rachel Maddow telling the ladies Biden is the nominee and will remain the nominee.

One thing remains steadfast - they will always interrupt Sara. Always.

by Anonymousreply 373August 21, 2024 3:09 PM

[quote]Last week they had Rachel Maddow telling the ladies Biden is the nominee and will remain the nominee.

Until he wasn't. It's called politics.

by Anonymousreply 374August 21, 2024 4:23 PM

No R374, it's called another know-it-all talking head being wrong yet so self-assuredly so.

by Anonymousreply 375August 21, 2024 4:27 PM

Go hate Rachel somewhere else, r375.

by Anonymousreply 376August 21, 2024 4:41 PM

So, what did we think of Ana.last night?

by Anonymousreply 377August 22, 2024 12:28 AM

Ana didn't disappoint - she was as horrible as we feared she would be.

by Anonymousreply 378August 22, 2024 12:33 AM

[quote]Eat it Alyssa

I doubt she cares. The one who's most likely pissed is Sunny.

All that stumping for her "good friend" Harris and so far she's been escorted off the show for "testing positive" for COVID before she was to question Harris on the immigrant situation, and now denied a speaking slot at the Convention. I don't think Kamala is just that into her.

This is why I think if they're doing any changes to the show, she will be the first to go. She doesn't wield as much influence as she would like you to constantly think. And if the rumors are true, her Q rating has fallen a lot.

by Anonymousreply 379August 22, 2024 12:53 AM

[quote]Ana didn't disappoint - she was as horrible as we feared she would be.

Ana only got on The View because she argued over having the right to say pussy on CNN.

It was never like she was some great intellectual commentator. She was a Republican against Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380August 22, 2024 1:02 AM

[quote]Ana only got on The View because she argued over having the right to say pussy on CNN.

What ? I'm not following.

by Anonymousreply 381August 22, 2024 1:05 AM

Well, The NEW View, in its new studio, premiers THIS TUESDAY!

ABC News is going for the EMMYS this year!

by Anonymousreply 382August 28, 2024 3:58 PM

I'm assuming the JLo and Ben breakup won't get a mention since Queen Sunny would have to admit she was *wrong*.

by Anonymousreply 383August 28, 2024 3:59 PM

Let's tune in and find out!

Personally, I am more interested in the CNN work Alysa did over August and how it was put to shame by Ana's on hour appearance at the DNC.

I wonder if Stephanie Grisham will be a guest soon?

by Anonymousreply 384August 28, 2024 4:03 PM

^^^ONE hour

by Anonymousreply 385August 28, 2024 4:03 PM

r383, you never know as they have been doing so many Am I The Asshole segments.

by Anonymousreply 386August 28, 2024 4:07 PM

Whoopi on Blue Bloods, S11E1, ION this morning.

by Anonymousreply 387August 28, 2024 4:11 PM

Anyone going to the ‘test’ taping this week at the new studio? None of the hosts will be there. They are just practicing camera angles. I gave up my tickets because I had a better offer.

by Anonymousreply 388August 28, 2024 5:35 PM

I had no idea they were doing test shows without the hosts. I just looked and it says there will be hot topics, though. With who? Brian Teta and Regina the warm up comic? It also doesn't say where the studio is located beyond New York, NY. Super weird.

by Anonymousreply 389August 28, 2024 7:14 PM

Ana inserting her huge ego into an argument that has nothing to do with her, as usual.

Megyn Kelly vs Kaitlin Collins: (No Ana involved in this tiff yet here she is.) *quoted from: SOURCE DM*

Taking to Instagram on Wednesday, Navarro, 52, shared a screenshot of an article about Megyn's comments and captioned it: '@megynkelly is attacking @kaitlancollins and offering her "pro-tips" on how to act on TV.

'That's funny. Kaitlin is the host of a nightly, prime-time show. Megyn Kelly is not. NBC paid-out her contract to the tune of many tens of millions of dollars, just to get rid of her, because her show was such a dismal failure.' Attacks by certain people should be viewed as a badge of honor. This is one.'

The same type of low blow comments Trump makes and she can't even see it. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 390August 30, 2024 3:39 PM

PLEASE producers and everyone at ABC ....

Ditch the shitty theme song "For My Girls" which you have been using since 2021. And do not go back to "World's Gone Crazy" which you brought out in 2016.

And while we're at it - get rid of the opening sequence of the candid portraits in gold, copper and beige which ends with all six women - aged 35 - 82 - climbing all over each other like newborn kittens, and sitting on each other's lap. These are not college girls or young women - five of them are over the age of 45. Cut this shit out.

by Anonymousreply 391August 31, 2024 2:11 AM

Are you the Princess of Arizona, r391?

by Anonymousreply 392August 31, 2024 2:20 AM

No - but I wish she was on for the first half of this upcoming season to talk about the election. I prefer her over the insufferable Anna Navarro any day of the week.

by Anonymousreply 393August 31, 2024 2:26 AM

I'm sick of the theme song, too. Hope they change it up. I don't mind the photo shoot element of the opening.

by Anonymousreply 394August 31, 2024 2:28 AM

I saw Whoopi in the 9/11 movie on Amazon last night.

The bummer is she is actually a good actress but she got lazy the last 25 years, and that is how she ended up on the View.

by Anonymousreply 395August 31, 2024 5:47 PM

Gee-zus-Keee-rist I hate that opening song they use. It is disturbing. The first couple of notes are like being hit over the head with giant cymbal.

BANG! BANGBANGBANG!.

Cut that shit out!!!

by Anonymousreply 396September 1, 2024 1:10 AM

Alysa Farah was scheduled to be on the panel of Bill Maher's "Real Time", but for some reason didn't make the show. She was replaced by former CNN reporter Peter Hamby, who captured my dick's attention. I just wanted to rip open his white shirt and rub that hairy chest he was teasing with us.

by Anonymousreply 397September 1, 2024 3:13 AM

Hopefully Ana gets to gloat about hosting the DNC while Sunny tries to one up her by bringing up her supposed friendship with Harris.

by Anonymousreply 398September 1, 2024 4:16 AM

Sunny is going to brag about sending her daughter off to an HBCU or Ivy League school this past week, and completely ignore the shit her daughter stirred up at her 'elite private high school' upon her graduation this past June. Sunny's belief: If we don't talk about it, it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 399September 1, 2024 1:42 PM

No...NOT PALOMA!

by Anonymousreply 400September 1, 2024 1:46 PM

Alyssa missed her appearance on Bill Maher because her flight was canceled. The show said they’re hoping to have her back another week.

by Anonymousreply 401September 1, 2024 3:56 PM

Shall we start a new thread on September 3 for Season 28 ?

by Anonymousreply 402September 3, 2024 1:17 AM

OK, let me step in here and explain that NO, we should not start a new thread for Season 28. It would leave competing threads open for the same show, same topic. Please, for the love of Muriel, do not strrt a competing thread while this thread has 200 posts to go.

That is the reason I did not title this thread Season 27 Part 29.

Just Season 29.

People have fucked up competing threads for so many threads and this one with the Sunny threads, please do not make it harder for people to find the main threads for a show.

by Anonymousreply 403September 3, 2024 2:26 AM

^^^ just

The View — Part 29

Part 30 will start when this thread hits 600.

Just that simple.

by Anonymousreply 404September 3, 2024 2:28 AM

Josh Shapiro is scheduled to appear on Friday.

by Anonymousreply 405September 3, 2024 8:02 AM

Same shit. Different studio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406September 3, 2024 8:09 AM

I wonder if Paloma got “the talk”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407September 3, 2024 8:27 AM

r406, looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 408September 3, 2024 10:43 AM

R407 I think her future clasmates got 'the talk' with their parents telling them to stay away from Paloma.

"When you see crazy comin' at you, cross the street", they told their kids.

by Anonymousreply 409September 3, 2024 11:37 AM

The new studio looks like an airplane hangar.

by Anonymousreply 410September 3, 2024 4:00 PM

That was a very boring season opener. I don’t care for the new set either.

There is a new theme song.

by Anonymousreply 411September 3, 2024 4:29 PM

I know Ana only works Mondays and Fridays but I do find it weird they don’t have the entire cast together for season premieres and finales.

by Anonymousreply 412September 3, 2024 4:30 PM

R407 And yet Sunny didn't bring up the fact that Palestine Harris supporters were denied a speaking spot at the convention. She had no problem calling Biden out over his handling of the conflict in the Middle East, but you watch her say nothing now that Harris is running. This woman is a phony.

by Anonymousreply 413September 3, 2024 8:00 PM

This woman is a female Democrat in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 414September 3, 2024 8:01 PM

The st is a little big. Are they ever going to use that sofa set by the entrance? I can see them using that balcony thing to introduce musical acts and stuff like that, but it's also mostly decorative.

by Anonymousreply 415September 3, 2024 8:47 PM

Very unimpressed with the new set (looks like one of those furniture-warehouse retailers), the new opening song (Diane Warren is yesterday's mashed potatoes - why are they still using her as a songwriter ?) and the opening stills of the hosts. Why dress them in that dark green ? Why did Sunny switch out her Whitney Houston (c.1987) wigs for the Kamala Harris wig in the photo shoot ?

So nice that Sunny called out Joy to remind her she missed two seasons of the 28 seasons - as they fired her. Joy one-upped her and told her they asked her to come back.

by Anonymousreply 416September 3, 2024 8:52 PM

Ascuntion is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 417September 3, 2024 9:07 PM

What a mess. The new studio looks like a weird modern tiled cabin. The set is on the floor level with the audience, close enough for an audience member to reach out and slap Whoopi when she drones on for too long (a plus.) Second level for Whoopi to play Evita with the show intro. Why?

They'll have to work on their camera angles as some were weird long shots. We get it the studio is gigantic and the women actually look afraid of their new home. I noticed Sunny intentionally wore that blonde wig because the photo shoot after the show was for the new season. Now we get to look at a hypocrite's cultural appropriation for the entire season. Yay.

Lastly, Sunny is such a cunt. Did anyone else see the way she brought up Joy's termination after Joy made a joke about being on the show for 28 seasons? I thought they were friends. Guess not.

by Anonymousreply 418September 3, 2024 9:11 PM

Sunny's wig was inspired by Nicole Ari Parker. I think it looks nice--a lot less '80s prom than her normal look--but she literally wore it just for that shoot. I don't get photographing all the women in dark green in front of that dark green background, though. It's not flattering for anyone. The new set also feels too big. How long will it take guests to make it to the table after being introduced? I'm assuming they must have a plan to use that extra couch and that gian platform, but they feel really unnecessary. Overall, the set is missing the "women sitting around someone's kitchen/living room" vibe that it's had since day one.

by Anonymousreply 419September 3, 2024 9:37 PM

R419, I would think the side set with small table may be used for one of their ad segments. Those segments they usually have Sara host under the guise of informative segment.

Placing Whoopi on the second level is playing with fire. If they have her intro the show each day from that level (which I doubt) but if so, it's just a matter of time before she takes a dive off that balcony. Stoned and dead live on The View!

I'm wondering if Ana was not present because of some internal strife (Sunny.) If I recall correctly, they always have all six of the co-hosts present during their first show of the season. If Sunny can be such a petty bitch to Joy, I can't imagine the envy and anger she has over Ana appearing at the DNC.

by Anonymousreply 420September 3, 2024 9:52 PM

Ana wasn't on the season premiere last year either--which was odd since it was the first show after she and Alyssa were named full-time hosts. It seems the only time all 6 appear is when they have certain guests or some major news has just happened (like the Trump verdict).

by Anonymousreply 421September 3, 2024 9:57 PM

New set; same old harpies!

by Anonymousreply 422September 3, 2024 10:00 PM

I thought Whoopi was pulling a 'Norma Desmond' up on the balcony. She should have started the show by yelling down to the camera man, "You there...why are you so late ? Joy - tell him to wait."

I'd love to see Sara and Sunny do the "View Your Deal" up on that new platform. Then they can fling Oprah's garage sale items down to the audience, and Adam Glassman, too.

by Anonymousreply 423September 3, 2024 10:01 PM

The dark green photoshoot is too depressing. Completely the opposite of what the bubbly, lightweight tone of the show that Walters envisioned. They all look like heads of state.

And when did Sunny get to be so pro-prosecutor and pro-system? She's torn down many on the show in the past. Four years ago, she was even on the defund the police bandwagon.

by Anonymousreply 424September 3, 2024 10:02 PM

[quote] Completely the opposite of what the bubbly, lightweight tone of the show that Walters envisioned.

That ended in Season 9, when Rosie first joined the show and brought a more serious, heavy tone to it. That's the season (2006 - 07) when political talk was an every day topic - and ratings skyrocketed. If someone is looking for a 'lightweight talk show' , they can tune into 'The Talk' - for a few more months.

by Anonymousreply 425September 3, 2024 10:07 PM

[quote] And when did Sunny get to be so pro-prosecutor and pro-system?

That was hilarious to me. Four years ago she was defending the defund movement to that point that she wouldn't even concede that "defund the police" was a bad slogan. Now she's insisting all prosecutors, herself included, have always been pro law enforcement?

by Anonymousreply 426September 3, 2024 11:01 PM

Sunny spent the month of August 'on her book tour' , yet I didn't see her on one talk show / news show promoting it. Her agent couldn't book her ?

by Anonymousreply 427September 3, 2024 11:09 PM

Sunny also always remained friends with Meghan over their shared passion for anti-abortion movement. I don’t think she’s ever been besties with Joy

by Anonymousreply 428September 4, 2024 12:58 AM

Sunny made some disparaging remarks about McCain back in May - when she said on the show she couldn't understand the past hosts who still bash the show on their social media. That was a direct swipe at McCain , since she had said something ridiculous about the hosts the day before. I doubt they're still on friendly terms and check up on each other.

by Anonymousreply 429September 4, 2024 1:14 AM

Thanks to Amy Klobuchar on Alex Wagner's show - we know where Anna was today. She was in Florida campaigning for Harris, traveling with Klobuchar on Harris' 'Freedom of Reproduction' bus tour. Amy said she will continue on the tour (it's supposed to hit 50 states in the next two weeks), so I wonder if Anna will be missing from the show for the next two weeks.

Then she will come back and talk about it and really rattle Sunny's cage.

by Anonymousreply 430September 4, 2024 1:19 AM

The studio is odd as the audience is shoved on bleachers along the length of the room.

The old studio was more intimate with the curved audience rows. Almost like a HS Band room.

This is sterile and ugly. Disney spent a fortune on the stage but forgot that the audience is also a vital part of the show by shoving them against the wall. Poor design. But the musical staging for the Disney shows on Broadway will film well.

by Anonymousreply 431September 4, 2024 1:23 AM

Bigger stage space means bigger "View Your Deal Garage Sale" this season. Forget just eight products to sell - now they will push 30.

by Anonymousreply 432September 4, 2024 1:27 AM

Can't wait for the Rocketts to appear for Christmas plugging.

by Anonymousreply 433September 4, 2024 1:30 AM

R433 I doubt they'll be invited - they're not a Disney property, so the show ignores them.

by Anonymousreply 434September 4, 2024 1:34 AM

I hope that when Darlene Love comes on to sing her annual Christmas song, they don’t put her up on the high stage. She’ll fall and bust a hip or two.

by Anonymousreply 435September 4, 2024 11:14 AM

Meghan "My Father" McCain's brother Jim is making the rounds as a newly registered Democrat. He was on CNN yesterday explaining why he left the GOP (because of Trump) and trying to get other true Republicans to do the same - register as a Dem and vote for Harris ! Congrats to him.

Wouldn't it be great if 'The View ' booked him as a guest, and completely ignored any mention of Meghan ? I mean completely not acknowledge her or even mention she sat at the table for four seasons ? That would really rattle her cage. Please Brian Teta - make this happen !

by Anonymousreply 436September 4, 2024 11:34 AM

Godspeed to Jim McCain. The amount of screeching he must be enduring for Meghan over this must be unfathomable.

by Anonymousreply 437September 4, 2024 1:34 PM

They did a whole segment on Jim McCain but didn't mention Meghan once. Then Katanji Brown Jackson came out and Sunny looked thisclose to humping her leg.

by Anonymousreply 438September 4, 2024 3:33 PM

I can't believe how many segments they gave to Katanji Brown Jackson. She seems lovely but there was nothing she said that warranted 40 minutes of air time.

by Anonymousreply 439September 4, 2024 3:52 PM

I think Whoopi had an orgasm on air today! She is so in love with Katanji. Whoopi hasn’t had her juices flowing ‘down there’ in decades!!

by Anonymousreply 440September 4, 2024 3:56 PM

I know Sunny had an orgasm over Katanji. They are still getting the vaginal juice out her wigs!

by Anonymousreply 441September 4, 2024 4:25 PM

They really need to overhaul SCJ guidelines. I find it a tad unseemly an active SCJ is pushing her memoir on a daytime talk show. She seemed more enamored with showbiz than being an SCJ. I kept seeing a young enthusiastic Stephanie Mills more than a SCJ.

That being said she's very personable but the entire show? They're not going to hold the audience's interest if they allow Sunny and Whoopi to dictate the guests and their segment time. Because I do believe they have some influence in choosing many of the guests who appear on The View.

by Anonymousreply 442September 4, 2024 5:04 PM

The show is now posting full episodes to its Youtube channel every afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 443September 4, 2024 5:56 PM

R439, she is a unicorn.

She is due all deference.

She could have sat there, smiled and let the women gush over her for 40 minutes. You forgot Whoopi and her Oscar. She is the rightful heir of Thurgood Marshall. I could go on and on and THEN there is her book.

by Anonymousreply 444September 4, 2024 6:58 PM

They must've read my post above this morning ! LOL ! I love the way they completely ignored Meghan. She must've eaten three buckets of KFC and topped it off with a pizza from Domino's for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 445September 4, 2024 8:44 PM

I guess Katanji wrote she's been mistaken as a secretary 'in the room' at times, because Sunny brought it up and told her the same thing happened to her ! Yes, Sunny is sometimes mistaken as a secretary !

Actually she's right - it happens on 'The View' all the time. Whoopi, the boss, defers to her to read legal notes when discussing Trump, and Sunny willingly obeys. It's a thankless job which no one on the panel is interested in doing, since it's way below their pay grade. Bust secretary Sunny does them very willingly.

Overall, the Katanji interview was a waste of time. The four of them should have gone to lunch with her and had the banal conversation.

by Anonymousreply 446September 4, 2024 8:59 PM

[quote]They're not going to hold the audience's interest if they allow Sunny and Whoopi to dictate the guests and their segment time. Because I do believe they have some influence in choosing many of the guests who appear on The View.

The best part of Kamala getting elected is going to be watching this show go completely to shit. Whoopi, Sunny and Ana are in no way going to be impartial to any criticisms of Kamala's policy. Joy will still be bringing up Trump in every rebuttal. Ana and Sunny will be bringing up their personal friendships with Harris every chance they can get. This will wear out real fast.

by Anonymousreply 447September 4, 2024 9:14 PM

R446, I'm assuming Sunny chimed in because she thinks only black women are mistaken for the secretary in the room. All women at one time or another have been mistaken for the secretary in the room.

R447, it's already so stale with the same canned response from each of the co-hosts. The only two who give varying opinions according to the actual topic at hand are Sara (who is always accused of bothsidesism, no it's called seeing both sides of an issue) and Alyssa who shows she is capable of changing her opinion based on the facts presented.

by Anonymousreply 448September 4, 2024 10:09 PM

Why is Joy in the shithouse? Because she didn’t get her tongue up the justice’s twat???

by Anonymousreply 449September 4, 2024 10:37 PM

Joy wanted to go into the current corruption of the court and they could only get close enough for a nod to ethics reform. Joy wants to clean the court and that was not on the Hot Topic Table.

by Anonymousreply 450September 4, 2024 11:14 PM

Whoopi and Sunny going off while discussing the German felon who will appear on the latest season of DWTS. "Two-tier system." Comparing the white, blonde lady to immigrants illegally crossing the border and relatives of immigrants who fight ICE on deportation.

White blonde lady entered the country legally then overstayed her visa. White blonde lady committed grand larceny. White blonde lady was arrested, charged, tried, convicted and sent to prison. White blonde lady is now on house arrest but has been given permission to appear on DWTS. It may be in the hope she wins a few bucks which will go toward re-payment of victims.

I thought former prosecutor Sunny Hostin was all about paying your debt to society and then it's all good. I suppose it's only cool with her when they have a tad more pigmentation than white blonde lady.

As for Whoopi, always going on about racial disparity? She is an affluent celebrity whose only question when a NYC mayor appears on the show is "why is my neighborhood the last to be plowed during a snowstorm?" Yeah, you're all about justice. Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 451September 5, 2024 4:05 PM

I was thinking the same thing about doing your time and repaying your debt to society. But I get their point that a convicted person of color would never be given a platform like DWTS.

by Anonymousreply 452September 5, 2024 4:29 PM

R452, Whoopi, the great celebrity defender, defended Michael Vick when he was arrested for (extreme) animal cruelty. He was convicted and served time. He later appeared on DWTS. So there goes her "two-tier" theory.

by Anonymousreply 453September 5, 2024 4:37 PM

[quote] But I get their point that a convicted person of color would never be given a platform like DWTS.

Bullshit. I hate this " If that person were black" crap. If it brings in ratings, then it goes.

by Anonymousreply 454September 5, 2024 9:02 PM

So they have the guts to call out ABC over this shit, but when it was revealed that Disney was donating money to anti-gay Republican politicians who crafted the Don't Say Gay bill, they didn't say two words.

They couldn't even join with other network shows like Kelly and Ryan did in supporting the employees who staged a walkout.

Assholes.

by Anonymousreply 455September 5, 2024 9:41 PM

Josh Shapiro is on now.

by Anonymousreply 456September 6, 2024 3:27 PM

I rolled my eyes at Sunny saying that if Tim Walz's brother disagrees with his politics he should keep it to himself. If it was the Trump family she'd be saying they had a duty to speak out and that not doing so made them complicit.

by Anonymousreply 457September 6, 2024 4:04 PM

Did anyone else notice no one asked Ana about her DNC experience? She had to hijack one of the Hot Topics (per usual) to let everyone know she was hanging out with Tim Walz and his family at the DNC. She also made another comment about needing only a cocktail and her gay. Gay people are not accessories you wannabe, name-dropping starfucker.

by Anonymousreply 458September 6, 2024 4:35 PM

R458 a lot of women feel this way. This has been the way it’s been since Will + Grace.

Gay men are great accessories, nothing more

by Anonymousreply 459September 6, 2024 5:06 PM

Ana said that she doesn’t need therapy because she has cocktails and her gays.

by Anonymousreply 460September 6, 2024 6:30 PM

[quote]I rolled my eyes at Sunny saying that if Tim Walz's brother disagrees with his politics he should keep it to himself. If it was the Trump family she'd be saying they had a duty to speak out and that not doing so made them complicit.

I agree 100%. Have they forgotten how they applauded Trump's niece Mary Trump when she wrote her first book about Trump a few years ago ? IIRC, they deferred to her and to her book every chance they had - and continue to do so, every time she makes a public statement about her estranged uncle and his kids.

by Anonymousreply 461September 6, 2024 8:46 PM

I'm glad Walz's brother spoke out. (I believe my apostrophe is grammatically correct!).

It makes Tim more human and relatable. He also has an idiotic, mentally ill Trump-cult member in his family just like so many of us here, (my otherwise well-meaning and intelligent older brother). Then Tim's mother came out to rebuke her wayward offspring, as did the other siblings.

Remember, beloved DL icon Eric Swalwell claims he appears on Fox News because it's the only way he can speak to his Trump-loving parents.

by Anonymousreply 462September 6, 2024 9:11 PM

Sunny’s kids got “the talk”. She told her kids that they are Hostins and need to support each other publicly even if they disagree on something.

by Anonymousreply 463September 6, 2024 9:22 PM

Sunny: STFU! She’s beyond annoying.

by Anonymousreply 464September 6, 2024 10:01 PM

Did Sunny publicly support her daughter?

by Anonymousreply 465September 6, 2024 10:04 PM

Of course not R 465. She had a book to sell.

by Anonymousreply 466September 6, 2024 10:07 PM

[quote]She told her kids that they are Hostins and need to support each other publicly even if they disagree on something.

She's copying Princess Diana - she said something similar just moments before she took her last gasp. Her very last words: "You are Spencers, and you need to support each other publicly no matter if you disagree on something ...like the cunt I fear Harry will marry."

"Don't worry, mummy. We won't do you wrong..."

by Anonymousreply 467September 6, 2024 10:51 PM

R462. YES! Your apostrophe was correct!

by Anonymousreply 468September 6, 2024 11:34 PM

I mentioned this in another thread, but want to share it here, too.

The hosts - especially Whoopi and Sunny - were so upset with the casting of the German criminal who will be a contestant on the show DANCING WITH THE STARS. They were beside themselves.

But they're not upset - nor thought to discuss in Hot Topics - the peculiar circumstances surrounding the sexual assault case brought against former NBA player Dwight Howard by another man, which was filed a year ago (the incident took place at Howard's Atlanta home in July, 2021) ? Howard has been accused of rape by this man but has yet to be arrested (because he said it was 'consensual sex'). You know - every guy in American who says the sex was consensual and not rape is NEVER arrested, right ?

Seems the plaintiff who filed the suit - Stephen Harper - dropped the suit 'with prejudice' just two weeks before Howard was announced as a contestant on this season's DWTS. Hmmmm. What say you, former prosecutor Sunny Hostin ? Do you think money was exchanged for Harper to drop the suit ?

BTW, hetero Howard, who has five children by five different women and never married any of them (what say you again, Sunny?) admitted to having sexual relations with Harper - but said it was a threesome with another guy, and Harper consented to it. Harper said it was rape, which is why he filed the suit (though Howard was never arrested, for some reason - what say you, Sunny Hostin?).

And did Sunny have the 'conversation' yet with her 20-something year old son Gabe about the dangers of going to the homes of Black NBA basketball players and being passed around to other guys ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469September 8, 2024 4:20 PM

R469, they rarely discuss a news item if the perp is black or Hispanic. Whenever there is a story that is headline news and they can't escape it, they have Whoopi say at the start of the show "This is a fast-evolving story, and we'll discuss it when we know more." Except they never mention it again.

Case in Point: The Waukesha Christmas parade attack. From Wiki - "On November 21, 2021, Darrell Edward Brooks Jr. drove a sport utility vehicle (SUV) through the annual Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States, killing 6 people and injuring 62 others."

by Anonymousreply 470September 8, 2024 6:14 PM

The Ladies of The View never seem to discuss things that are going on in the very city that they broadcast from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471September 8, 2024 6:54 PM

AS much as I like the show (I've been recording it every day since the first day Rosie joined in 2006 - though I skipped the two ridiculous years when Joy was not on the panel ) , I find the hypocrisy sickening.

If it were a white NFL player in this situation, we all know damn well this would make 'Hot Topics' and Sunny would insert 'racism' somewhere into the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 472September 8, 2024 7:27 PM

The only time you will see Sunny going after a black man is if he's a Republican running for office like Herschel Walker or if he's married to a white woman. If you recall it was open season on Walker at The View during the primary season. Although I have noticed she's made a few less than flattering comments about Mayor Adams (D NYC.) She doesn't seem to care for him. I don't know what that's about.

by Anonymousreply 473September 8, 2024 9:19 PM

R473 I betcha he ignores her and Manny when they attend the same social gatherings. That must rip her to pieces.

Sunny has also gone after the GOP gubernatorial candidate in NC, Mark Robinson, too. Hasn't gone after him enough - but she had earlier this summer.

by Anonymousreply 474September 8, 2024 9:51 PM

Sunny’s a cunt. I have no use for her.

by Anonymousreply 475September 8, 2024 10:24 PM

Put on your hip boots for today's show. Normally I like when they have a political heavyweight on the show, but this new season feels as if I'm stuck in class with a boring speaker. Even the Biden question was a quick deflection and of zero substance.

Pelosi also lied when she said she thought we would have our first woman POTUS in 2016. She was exposed when they leaked her email to fellow Dem politicians ordering them to get in line behind Obama. This was when we were in the thick of primary season.

by Anonymousreply 476September 9, 2024 3:56 PM

r476, you do realize that Obama was elected in 2008.

If Nancy ordered Dems to get behind him in 2008, then she was correct in wanting to elect Hillary in 2016.

There is no lie and go troll somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 477September 9, 2024 4:18 PM

You are correct, R477. But there was no lie about Nancy's subterfuge and sabotage of Hillary's 2008 bid.

So, kindly fuck off with your troll bullshit. So tired of little weenies like you trying to run the show around here.

by Anonymousreply 478September 9, 2024 4:25 PM

My station cut to a hurricane press conference during Pelosi's segment. Anything happen later that would give me a reason to watch the rest of the show on Hulu?

by Anonymousreply 479September 9, 2024 10:07 PM

R480. Whoopi rolled her eyes and Joy told a joke that fell flat.

by Anonymousreply 480September 9, 2024 10:10 PM

[quote] Even the Biden question was a quick deflection and of zero substance.

Probably because Anna was the twentieth person to ask the same question to Pelosi while on her book tour. And as she said the past nineteen times, she won't get into details about the conversation she had with Biden back in July, nor will she say what part she played in convincing him to leave the election, if she did play a part at all. As she told Anna, and she said the past nineteen times - the point of her conversation with Biden was how to put the Democratic ticket back on a winning track.

by Anonymousreply 481September 9, 2024 10:41 PM

Come on, R481. They were giving Pelosi lip service, and she was there to promote her book. Another softball interview by the "ABC NEWS fact checks us" ass-kissers. If they had a modicum of talent, they would have elicited some sort of response that was different than the last 19 answers.

She's 84 they'll be coming for her soon and who will have her back? You get what you give.

by Anonymousreply 482September 9, 2024 11:07 PM

R476, I pointed out inconsistencies in your post and you say I have to stop calling you a troll?

1] Please edit your comments before you post.

2] Will someone drop a house on this cunt?

by Anonymousreply 483September 9, 2024 11:16 PM

R483, dare I say it may be worse if you just accidentally sat on me. The only inconsistency was that I did not differentiate between '08 and '16 which shows Pelosi is full of shit. She threw Hillary under the bus in '08 then pretended she was saddened when we didn't get our "first woman POTUS in 2016. She weakened her to the voting public by endorsing Obama in '08 yet still assumed she would be a shoo-in against Trump in '16. Oops.

by Anonymousreply 484September 9, 2024 11:32 PM

[quote]If they had a modicum of talent, they would have elicited some sort of response that was different than the last 19 answers.

How could they possibly ask her if she was the one solely instrumental for Biden dropping out in a way no one else has asked in the past six weeks ? She's heard it asked all different ways - and she holds firm to her answer, which is basically: I'm not telling you. Anna tried - and failed. Pelosi is way smarter than to fall into a 'gotcha' trap. They weren't going to waste time, as they had more questions for her, and had to promote her book.

by Anonymousreply 485September 9, 2024 11:48 PM

Rachel Maddow on tomorrow’s show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486September 10, 2024 12:43 AM

Pelosi is so old. Time to go away. Please and thank you.

by Anonymousreply 487September 10, 2024 1:38 AM

[quote]I did not differentiate between '08 and '16

Time for Prevagen, gramps.

by Anonymousreply 488September 10, 2024 3:40 AM

R485, her name is spelled ANA. My point was there are very few talented and experienced talk show interviewers today who ask the hard questions. Those who have the ability to make the interviewee squirm in their seat. Those who can ask a question in such a way as to elicit a different response. Instead, we have all of these biased shows who claim to be all about politics yet are nothing but shills lobbing softball questions at their preferred guests. She sold a few books, and I muted out of boredom.

Rachel eating crow in the first segment. They've been introducing guests after the first Hot Topics segment. Then they insert another Hot Topic segment between guests. SEE: Beyonce below. I don't really care for the flow of the show this season.

An entire segment wasted on Beyonce not receiving a CMA nomination. Fuck off Sunny. Producers, please stop allowing this woman to choose topics. Always biased.

by Anonymousreply 489September 10, 2024 4:47 PM

Sunny just had to drop Don Lemon’s name, as if it makes her so well-connected and in-the-know, saying she was at his book party last night, and people were saying “yada, yada, yada”. I didn’t pay attention to what she reported back.

by Anonymousreply 490September 10, 2024 5:02 PM

The show is preempted where I live tomorrow for 9/11 memorial coverage . Really annoying given it’s the day after the debate.

by Anonymousreply 491September 10, 2024 8:20 PM

It was shitty of them to play that clip before Rachel came out. They say stuff that turns out wrong a lot.

by Anonymousreply 492September 10, 2024 8:59 PM

[quote]An entire segment wasted on Beyonce not receiving a CMA nomination.

The worst part is a fucking twenty second tribute for James Earl Jones, arguably one of the greats of all time is tacked on at the end of this segment as an aside. No mention of how he broke down doors for black actors and actresses, and how he helped create one of the most iconic figures in movie history. But let's waste five minutes on Beyonce not getting a nomination.

This producer should be fired. He's horrible.

by Anonymousreply 493September 10, 2024 9:26 PM

Well, R493, James is dead so Sunny can't kiss his ass in order to rise up whatever ladder she's been climbing since day one. He is of no use to her. Beyonce, on the other hand is still around to hear the ass-kissing.

The big tribute was 23 seconds long and most of it was about Whoopi working with him. I'm surprised he didn't come back from the dead in order to praise Whoopi as is mandatory on The View.

by Anonymousreply 494September 10, 2024 10:09 PM

A friend of mine just came back from Martha's Vineyard where she has been since April. She said Sunny was out there most of the month of August, with Corey Booker and Senator Warnock by her side. She did a book signing at one of the bookstores. At the competition (keep in mind there are a number of independent book stores on the island, all surviving), her past two books ("Summer on the Bluffs" and "Summer in Sag Harbor") were sitting in piles on the discount tables, marked down. No one was buying them . She said word-of-mouth was all three of her books were horrible.

by Anonymousreply 495September 10, 2024 11:03 PM

R495. She's a rank amateur.

by Anonymousreply 496September 10, 2024 11:48 PM

I should also point out that when she was signing her book at the bookstore, the biggest crowd my friend saw was a line of about twelve people - and at least half the women were her friends on the island. After that, only a few people strolled up to her - and she was done with her book signing in less than forty minutes.

by Anonymousreply 497September 11, 2024 12:54 AM

Let’s see if they discuss Kamala’s rebuttal to Trump tonight to stop making the election a referendum on race and that the American people are tired of it and are looking to be more united.

Somehow I don’t think they’ll focus on it.

by Anonymousreply 498September 11, 2024 3:28 AM

r498, They might because they get to talk about Obama and Birtherism.

by Anonymousreply 499September 11, 2024 12:13 PM

Christie is a good commentator. Insightful and to the point with a good sense of humor. I could have done without Whoopi's ridiculous sashay of Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 500September 11, 2024 3:35 PM

I could do without Whoopi. Period.

by Anonymousreply 501September 11, 2024 9:27 PM

I love when Christie is on - he's very smart and knows what he's talking about (they should have him on once a week until the election). You can feel the tension between him and Sunny - two legal eagles who are both opinionated, and Sunny hates it when he has the spotlight.

I wonder if Sunny had 'the conversation' with her husband and two children about the dangers of eating their pets ?

by Anonymousreply 502September 11, 2024 9:48 PM

I agree, R 502. Christie can talk circles around these co-hosts. He's also one of the few guests who can handle them all coming at him at once. I've also noticed the audience has warmed to him compared to previous appearances. I think they can see the women enjoy conversing and debating with him, even Whoopi was champing at the bit to get in a question. Sunny tries to bait him with the racist questions, but he seems unfazed by it and answers accordingly.

He's not from my preferred party but he seems able to see all sides of an issue and gives credit where credit is due.

LOL at your last sentence.

by Anonymousreply 503September 11, 2024 9:54 PM

So Joy baited Usher into saying whether he'd endorse Harris, or even saying who he will be voting for - and Usher's response is that he doesn't follow politics, and who you vote for should be (more or less) kept to yourself.

Sunny sat there and said nothing. Surprised?

by Anonymousreply 504September 11, 2024 11:11 PM

This set is so disproportionate. It's a huge set yet they now have a lower audience capacity.

I think Barbara's original vision was to have five women sitting around a pseudo-kitchen table in a cozy setting discussing various topics, somewhat like a group of friends would do in their homes. This set looks cavernous. I think it's a big waste of space and it defeats the purpose of Barbara's vision for this show.

by Anonymousreply 505September 12, 2024 3:20 AM

[Quote]I could do without Whoopi. Period.

—The Audience

and I can do without the audience, Period

by Anonymousreply 506September 12, 2024 3:57 AM

R505 Her vision was from 28 seasons ago. Much has evolved in this world over 28 years in order to thrive - including her vision, the show, the cast, and the setting. Cozy settings and kitchen tables were no longer 'a thing' in the 21st Century.

by Anonymousreply 507September 12, 2024 12:10 PM

R507, that's all well and good even though the show premiered in 1997 which was only three years away from the new millennium. It just looks ridiculous now on that large glossy cabin-looking set. It's funny how they're still sitting around the kitchen table, and they're still introducing the new coffee mugs. Still trying to project the image five women sitting around the kitchen table chatting - on that ridiculous set.

I'll take Meredith Vieira looking through the newspaper for a topic to discuss any day over this "21st Century" version.

by Anonymousreply 508September 12, 2024 12:32 PM

Sunny's out today. Wherever she is her Tourette's is probably acting up, yelling racism! wherever she goes. Chelsea Clinton is the guest co-host.

by Anonymousreply 509September 12, 2024 4:06 PM

Rolling my eyes at Sunny’s remark yesterday about Haitians in OH eating pets: “As the wife of a Haitian and the mother of Haitian children, I am highly offended!”.

by Anonymousreply 510September 12, 2024 5:59 PM

I can't get enough of all the hijinks

by Anonymousreply 511September 12, 2024 5:59 PM

R510, they stepped all over her big speech. They all interrupted her and piled on with their own remarks, but the old gal powered through to get her fave word "racist" in before she was done.

by Anonymousreply 512September 12, 2024 6:20 PM

Usher did say that he’s supporting Kamala, R504.

by Anonymousreply 513September 12, 2024 6:31 PM

R513 If he did, he did it very low-key and in a whisper.

I wonder if Sunny took the day off today to 'have a conversation' with her Haitian children about the dangers of being Haitian ?

by Anonymousreply 514September 12, 2024 9:30 PM

Usher endorsed her to applause from the audience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515September 12, 2024 10:22 PM

Didn’t miss Sunny today!

by Anonymousreply 516September 12, 2024 10:57 PM

R514, probably took them for their annual rabies shots. You can never be too careful these days with such absent-minded pet owners. Mmm...tastes like chicken, Mama.

by Anonymousreply 517September 12, 2024 11:03 PM

R515 That was his endorsement - a 'yes' to Joy's question ? Seriously ? (And the audience would clap at anything he said and did the other day).

He didn't say why he was supporting her, or why others should support her. Why didn't Sunny ask him those questions - especially as an influential black man. What could he tell us about Harris to make other black men vote for her over Trump ?

What a lame endorsement.

by Anonymousreply 518September 13, 2024 2:17 AM

Whatever R518. Why is this such an issue with you?

by Anonymousreply 519September 13, 2024 2:25 AM

Because they have had very interesting conversations about Black men who are supporting Trump in this election, and not the Democratic candidate. That's why.

Here's Sunny's chance to question Usher and ask him why he's supporting Harris, what he likes about her policies, etc. - and maybe he could influence those Black men into voting for Harris over Trump...or the undecided in his community...or even push his fans (especially young black voters) into registering to vote, like Taylor Swift did. They had just finished their discussion on what a great deed Swift did the night before.

But she didn't.

She already backed away when Charlemagne was the guest this summer - she pursed her lips and swallowed her tongue, rather than question him on why he wasn't endorsing the Democratic Party. They have these highly influential Black men at the table, they talk politics, and she doesn't push them at all ? What a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 520September 13, 2024 2:37 AM

Katherine Hann looks like she's on the Manjaro Road.

by Anonymousreply 521September 13, 2024 6:19 PM

Can someone braid Alyssa's hair for her before she goes in front of the cameras ? It's so distracting to try to listen to her speak, while watching her struggling to put her hair behind her ears every few seconds.

by Anonymousreply 522September 13, 2024 9:49 PM

Can I poll the audience? Who here watches this show on a daily basis?

by Anonymousreply 523September 14, 2024 1:07 AM

I do, R523. I'm usually making my morning tea at that time, so I put it on in the kitchen. I htought it was a fun show today with good guests.

My daily Sunny rant: She just had to repeat her "My husband and children are Haitian!" "That's RACIST!! speech again. The ironic part is the viral video which kicked off part of this mayhem features a Springfield, OH man, who just happens to be black, complaining to the city commissioners about Haitians decapitating ducks in the park among other things.

In this instance it's not about racism, well Sunny's idea of racism, it's about a clash of cultures and the lack of assimilation.

Here's the video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524September 14, 2024 1:32 AM

It must've been very cold in that room ! The poor guy had to wear a baseball cap and a hoodie - and have the hood on his head, too !

by Anonymousreply 525September 14, 2024 2:12 AM

Yes, I hear it's super chilly in Ohio during August, lol. He spoke as if he was some sort of influencer or local DJ or YouTube type. He was talking about a woman facetiming him from the local welfare office complaining that everyone there was Haitian.

I included the video because it's important to understand there are different factions using this small city for their own various agendas. Some like Trump and Vance will use it to instill fear. The m an in the video seems to be speaking for residents who feel they are overrun, and their local govt. is not listening to them. It is a huge influx of people over the past few years. 15-20,000 additional residents in a city of 59,000 is a lot to absorb.

by Anonymousreply 526September 14, 2024 2:37 AM

I DVR it and watch the first half hour later in the day. It has the same format as Ari Melber. I skip his second half rap revival hour, too.

by Anonymousreply 527September 14, 2024 7:44 PM

R527 Me, too. Unless the guest is someone I'm interested in (like next week Patti Lupone is scheduled). I skip the second half.

by Anonymousreply 528September 14, 2024 7:56 PM

R523 I occasionally watch on YouTube. The show seems to go on forever with so many commercials and then they're hawking all of these products. Do they really have any guests or any interesting conversations?

It's the same old same old day after day

by Anonymousreply 529September 15, 2024 3:44 PM

Which is why I use a DVR/quad tuner, attached to my computer hard drive, and broadcast antenna.

I zip through the commercials.

by Anonymousreply 530September 15, 2024 6:12 PM

I DVR it each day when I go to work, and watch it in the evening after dinner. FF all the commercials.

by Anonymousreply 531September 15, 2024 9:38 PM

The View has far too many commercial breaks that are also thisclose together. I hate watching it live for this reason. If I'm at home I'll DVR it and begin watching at about 20 minutes into the broadcast. I can see the entire show minus commercial breaks this way. A one hour show with at least 1/3 of it being commercials is TOO MUCH. They need to realize this at some point.

by Anonymousreply 532September 15, 2024 10:06 PM

I've noticed this season their segments are no longer the standard 6 or 7 minutes. The first segment with Hot Topics seems to go for 10 minutes before the first break. Then they'll have a short segment which is maybe 3-4 minutes long before their next break. But the show is still commercial heavy with only 36 minutes of the 60 minutes allocated to the actual show.

by Anonymousreply 533September 15, 2024 10:54 PM

I've always said they should learn from Maddow's producers. Do the first twenty minutes with no commercial break. Load the commercials at the very end. Especially with 'View Your Deal' - after every two products, break for a commercial - then go back to the garage sale for another two, then break for a commercial. Rinse and repeat. See how quickly your audience tunes out.

by Anonymousreply 534September 15, 2024 11:03 PM

Sweeties, do you have any idea what a unicorn, or more appropriately a Cash Cow, a daytime news show that is credible and entertaining and focused to women is?

Hence the 25 minutes if commercials.

by Anonymousreply 535September 15, 2024 11:04 PM

R535 And being the #1 daytime talk show, they are charging a premium for those commercial spots on their show. Unlike 'The Talk' - still in last place - which is most likely giving away the spots at bargain basement prices.

by Anonymousreply 536September 15, 2024 11:07 PM

R534, I remember when they would go to commercial before the end of the show then come back and say the tag line. Barbara said they changed it because viewers knew the show was pretty much over so they would turn off the show.

R535, this show has been like this since day one when they were not the number one show on daytime television. If you recall, on WABC anyway, they had Regis and Kathy Lee at 9:00 followed by The Rosie O'Donnell Show then The View. Regis and Rosie had nowhere near the number of commercials The View had, and they were much bigger than The View at that time.

That was a great time in television. A three-hour block of live shows from NYC.

by Anonymousreply 537September 15, 2024 11:14 PM

Fire Sunny and Ana and retool the show, Bring in an independent/progressive like Brianna Joy Gray and a lesbian. Get back to focusing on a broad swath of issues.

Two weeks in and already it’s reductive.

by Anonymousreply 538September 15, 2024 11:33 PM

R536 They’re not bringing in A list guests anymore. They’re hawking junk like Home Shopping network for a reason. Number one on daytime is meaningless. They’re not pulling in numbers like they were during Walters tenure. And they were losing to the Talk for a while there.

Harris election will be the turning point. Watch.

by Anonymousreply 539September 15, 2024 11:37 PM

R539 Who do you consider A List guests these days (first two weeks of September) and which shows are these A List guests going on, instead of 'The View' ? I think their guest list has been pretty good the past two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 540September 15, 2024 11:47 PM

Is Hillary Clinton still considered A list?

by Anonymousreply 541September 16, 2024 1:05 AM

R541 In the political /news world, yes Hillary is. So is Nancy Pelosi, who was on last week.

by Anonymousreply 542September 16, 2024 4:05 AM

Whoopi had to say Trump’s name today. She said nothing else about him. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 543September 16, 2024 3:16 PM

[quote]Harris election will be the turning point. Watch.

I agree R539. With the ongoing political turmoil now, they have a hot topic writing itself on the daily. That’s about the only new material they have.

Today, they talked about what happened yesterday, went to commercial break and once back launched into JLo and Ben having lunch together. Ana said those two can’t quit each other and she asked Whoopi if Taylor and Burton had the same relationship. Whoopi as a “close friend” of Elizabeth coyly refused to answer.

They also had yet another discussion about their menopause journeys and kissing Whoopi’s ring because she’s such a trailblazer on the topic.

There’s no substance or real insight at all at this point.

by Anonymousreply 544September 16, 2024 3:41 PM

Right on the money, R544. Hey, let's go from an assassination attempt to Ben and Jen kissing. WTF?

The best part of the show was their Anna Delvey mea culpa about the comments made when she was announced as part of the line-up (ha!) on DWTS. They made Alyssa do the deed. I wonder why Sunny didn't read it.

This season is off, they need smoother segways and better flow.

by Anonymousreply 545September 16, 2024 4:06 PM

Whoppi closed the show acknowledging Tito Jackson’s death while the rest of the panelists and the majority of the audience were thinking, “which one’s Tito?”

by Anonymousreply 546September 16, 2024 4:07 PM

Tito Jackson’s death getting the same, if not more, airtime than James Earl Jones is a travesty. Is it because JEJ was married to a blonde white lady?

by Anonymousreply 547September 16, 2024 6:53 PM

Both mentions seemed liked afterthoughts R547.

by Anonymousreply 548September 16, 2024 6:55 PM

Who dressed Sara today in the black sequined sleeveless top ? She's working at a morning talk show, at 11 am on a Monday. Yet someone had the bright idea to dress her like she was at cocktail hour at a party on a Saturday night.

by Anonymousreply 549September 16, 2024 9:57 PM

Listening to the show via podcast or watching on YouTube means you can ff through the commercials and also listen at 2x speed. I usually finish an episode in less than 20 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 550September 16, 2024 10:05 PM

I'm surprised they didn't mention THE EMMYS from last night, which aired on their network.

by Anonymousreply 551September 16, 2024 10:26 PM

I guess nobody who worked with Whoopi won an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 552September 16, 2024 10:49 PM

If more black performers had won Emmys, Sunny would have dominated the A block.

Since the winners were white/asian/hispanic….not so much

by Anonymousreply 553September 17, 2024 1:37 PM

But, but, Sunny is Hispanic...when it's convenient.

by Anonymousreply 554September 17, 2024 2:03 PM

Sunny actually discussed the charges against Diddy as if she were an objective attorney. Good for you, Sunny. They discussed it in the second segment which is about four minutes in length but at least they acknowledged it. Sometimes they can't avoid the big stories especially when they happen in their backyard.

Dolly Parton via remote selling a cookbook and Sunny's question is about Jolene/Beyonce. Sunny giveth. Sunny taketh.

Dolly, what's up with the new teeth? They're close to Cher territory levels of bad.

Again, the pacing is off. All of these micro segments make it seem as if they're morphing into a variety show. If so, bring on the jugglers and the plate spinners, please. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 555September 17, 2024 5:20 PM

Every time Sunny puts on her serious face and reminds us that she’s a former prosecutor, I think of Tracy Morgan portraying Star Jones on SNL and delivering the line, “I am a lawyer”.

by Anonymousreply 556September 17, 2024 7:05 PM

[quote]If so, bring on the jugglers and the plate spinners, please.

YES!!!

by Anonymousreply 557September 17, 2024 9:18 PM

I wonder when Sunny will have 'the conversation' with her two college-age children about the dangers of hanging out with P.Diddy and other rap artists ?

by Anonymousreply 558September 17, 2024 11:24 PM

Dolly's sister Rachel looked like she wanted to be anywhere else but there. Poor woman sat there and watched her sister be interviewed the whole time. She said two words: "Strawberry Shortcake" and that was in response to one question asked of her ('What's your favorite on the table ?').

by Anonymousreply 559September 17, 2024 11:51 PM

The in-studio audience looks like they arrived on a bus for seniors

by Anonymousreply 560September 18, 2024 5:09 PM

And then off to Atlantic City for the full Whoopi ABC experience?

by Anonymousreply 561September 18, 2024 7:52 PM

I still can't get used to the horrible opening segment with everyone in green against the green background, like it's a banker's clubhouse. What were they thinking ? It's not a financial talk show they are hosting.

by Anonymousreply 562September 18, 2024 9:08 PM

And no upbeat opening tune.

by Anonymousreply 563September 18, 2024 9:18 PM

I don't like the opening pictures, both the green and the black wardrobe at the end where they are cosplaying Supreme Court justices. I like the opening music, but it's going to grow old fast.

by Anonymousreply 564September 18, 2024 9:33 PM

What an awful celebration for Sara's birthday. Didn't enjoy the 'NY Liberty' basketball players at all.

Remember the good ol' days when women celebrated other women's birthdays with male strippers ? Couldn't they have that today ?

by Anonymousreply 565September 18, 2024 9:44 PM

R564 Supreme court justices ? That's who they are trying to imitate ? They come across as cosplaying financial advisors on Wall Street.

by Anonymousreply 566September 18, 2024 9:45 PM

Whoopi not only listened intently to this guest, but was enthralled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567September 18, 2024 9:50 PM

Didn't even cover more of the Diddy expose but yet ANOTHER segment talking about a Republican using "Childless Cat Lady" and a think piece on Taylor Swifts best friend.

Who is choosing these topics?

by Anonymousreply 568September 18, 2024 9:57 PM

R568, the producers along with the co-hosts. I can tell when Sunny's prints are all over a Hot Topic.

by Anonymousreply 569September 18, 2024 10:15 PM

But who gives a fuck about Sarah Huckabee Sanders at this point? And they’ve covered the cat lady comments many times already. What else is there to say? We really needed to hear Sunny reiterate for the umpteenth how racist the GOP is? Like we don’t know that.

Top story should have been more about Diddy delving into the report which is mind blowing. They did a whopping three minutes on him yesterday .

by Anonymousreply 570September 19, 2024 2:17 AM

Three minutes on Diddy was ALL Sunny would permit. I'm certain she made it clear that they were not going to keep it going longer than that.

Whoopi had one question " But was it 'freak-off - freak off' ? "

by Anonymousreply 571September 19, 2024 3:33 AM

The reserved next thread.

Please move after we hit 600 here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572September 19, 2024 8:06 AM

Today with Hillary was really good.

She WAS the Hot Topic.

by Anonymousreply 573September 19, 2024 7:59 PM

What does Brian actually do? I know he's the producer, but what are his day-to-day duties?

by Anonymousreply 574September 20, 2024 3:31 PM

R574. Pounding Whoopi and combing Sunny's wigs.

by Anonymousreply 575September 20, 2024 4:15 PM

I love Sunny trying to compare the response to Melania’s nude photos to Vanessa Williams. You just *know* she was dying to pull out her racism card despite the fact that Vanessa’s scandal was 40 years ago and involved simulated lesbian acts. Not exactly a great analogy.

by Anonymousreply 576September 20, 2024 5:16 PM

Melania's pics also involved simulated lesbian acts.

by Anonymousreply 577September 20, 2024 5:21 PM

R576, I thought the same thing except they both posed with other women. I also didn't care for the way she completely ignored Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson quoting Clarence Thomas's "hit-tech lynching" comment in order to make her own argument: White powers that be who put forth black politicians are the ones at fault. He used a huge dog whistle as a lame deflection, yet she ignored it in order to put forth her own narrative as usual.

She then launched into her black people are educated and they don't fall for any black politician's promises bit. Robinson is also educated, and Robinson is also the asshole in this scenario or are you implying he's just some pawn in the white man's political machine? Make up your mind.

Then she does position this guy as a pawn in order to go after whitey per usual. She takes the black villain whom she seems to dislike because of his political affiliations, his ridiculously hateful comments and his online proclivities yet still makes him out to be a pseudo victim of the white man. I'm just so tired of this woman's biased bullshit. They seriously need to consider giving equal time to another co-host who will directly challenge the inaccuracies and blatant lies in many of her opinions she claims are based in fact.

by Anonymousreply 578September 20, 2024 6:04 PM

Is the table going to address Janet Jackson’s Kamala comments on Monday?

by Anonymousreply 579September 22, 2024 2:25 AM

R579. Is Whoopi friends-friends with Janet? If so, then no.

by Anonymousreply 580September 22, 2024 2:29 AM

Sunny must really being going crazy with the new polls which have come out (discussed on CNN and MSNBC) that the majority of young black men polled (ages 18 - 30) are backing Trump, for some inexplicable reason. How will she be spinning that ?

by Anonymousreply 581September 22, 2024 2:49 AM

Here's a similar poll saying 25% of black men between the ages of 18-50 (so not 'all young) are supporting Trump (despite what Sunny has been saying all summer long). This is why I said last week she was too soft with Usher - as she was with Charlemagne tha God - in not pushing him to say why he is supporting Harris and influencing his fan base. CtG didn't even say if he was voting republican. She let them get away with this - instead of pushing them for hard endorsements.

by Anonymousreply 582September 22, 2024 2:54 AM

R581, she'll claim with the utmost sincerity they are a sub-set of black males who were raised by white women. She really has to stop promoting this monolithic mentality that all black people have the same views and values.

No R582, she has no right to browbeat black male celebrities like CtG into an endorsement if they refuse to be pinned down when questioned. And if Usher did not want to elaborate that's his choice. For all we know he may be an imbecile who hasn't a clue about Kamala's platform or policies. Plus, they only have so many minutes in their segment to push whatever project they have going on. Why would he waste those precious minutes promoting someone else. Celebrities aren't selfless patriots, they're self-promoters first and foremost.

by Anonymousreply 583September 22, 2024 3:11 AM

[quote]he has no right to browbeat black male celebrities like CtG into an endorsement if they refuse to be pinned down when questioned. And if Usher did not want to elaborate that's his choice.

I agree with you 100%. She has no right to browbeat ANY guest for that matter, yet she has a tendency to do it with white (male) guests. For the longest time when Chris Christie was a guest, saying he became a never-Trumper, she pushed for him to say he was voting Democrat - which he wouldn't do. Yet, she wouldn't let up. (Now Behar does it in a more jocular manner with Christie as a guest). She did the same thing a few months ago with 'The Mooch' on the show. But she won't do it with Black male guests.

by Anonymousreply 584September 22, 2024 3:30 AM

[quote]I'm just so tired of this woman's biased bullshit. They seriously need to consider giving equal time to another co-host who will directly challenge the inaccuracies and blatant lies in many of her opinions she claims are based in fact.

That was Meghan McCain in the first season she was on, but then Sunny had a word or two with the producers letting them know she wanted her to stop. So MM then sat off to the side, rolling her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 585September 22, 2024 3:32 AM

R584, I didn't notice she went easy on black guests more so than others like Christie. They were trying to pin him down again last week when he was a guest. I do recall with CtG Whoopi and Sunny were really trying to get this guy to commit to Biden. He actually says, "The reality is I think both candidates are trash." LOL. It's at 4:12 but they (Sunny) start coming at him at around 2:20.

R585, I remember once or twice when Ana actually pushed back on some of her assertions. They really need a more Crossfire type of back and forth instead of this boring "your turn to speak, Alyssa." The co-hosts don't question or challenge each other's position. It's probably about time constraints but it's so boring and predictable. I feel a little debate would be much more interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586September 22, 2024 4:37 AM

[Quote] For all we know he may be an imbecile who hasn't a clue about Kamala's platform or policies.

what are her platform and policies btw?

by Anonymousreply 587September 22, 2024 4:56 AM

Ana was on the podcast this Friday talking about how she joined Kamala’s Reproductive Freedom tour and ranting about the inhumanity of the current abortion restrictions in red states. Bitch, why were you ever a Republican then? The fucking GOP has been openly pushing this shit for 50 years. Same with gay rights. She talks about her gay friends and her love of drag. Then why were you part of the party that has been actively hurting LGBT people for decades?

by Anonymousreply 588September 22, 2024 10:03 AM

R588 To her credit, Sunny has asked this of Ana repeatedly over the seasons (hinting that she's a hypocrite), and Ana goes on the defense asking Sunny how she can be a devout Catholic yet support the Democratic Party - especially on abortion (hinting that she's a hypocrite).

Sunny then clenches her jaw, turns her attention to the camera and explains "I, myself, do not believe in abortion - but I believe in separation of church and state." Then she attacks Ana once again, the camera goes to Whoopi who says, "Let's go to commercial..." While this is happening, Sara looks like the scared child at the breakfast table, Alicia has a big grin on her face, and Joy nervously keeps looking at Whoopi - obviously afraid they will repeat the Rosie / Elisabeth live smackdown from May 23, 2007.

This season is still new, so let's see how long it takes for these two to have this 'discussion' again.

by Anonymousreply 589September 22, 2024 4:02 PM

[quote]I didn't notice she went easy on black guests more so than others like Christie. They were trying to pin him down again last week when he was a guest.

Indeed she does go very gently with black guests (especially men) than with white guests. Do you really think she would have let a white male celebrity with plenty of influence on younger men get away with what CtG did and Usher's mealy mouthed 'I'll vote for her' ? Hell, no !

She was relentless the past few years with Christie whenever he was at the table, wanting him to admit he would back the Democratic candidate in 2024, and he would not take the bait. Instead, he (figuratively) bitch slapped her with his positions. Now she backs away and let's Joy go after him (again, in a more jocular way) rather than be bitch slapped by Christie again.

by Anonymousreply 590September 22, 2024 4:10 PM

[quote]But she won't do it with Black male guests.

That's why I want to see if they have the guts to discuss Janet Jackson saying Kamala is half white. (Which has been trending on social media all this weekend).

You know damn well if it was a Taylor Swift or even a Madonna who said this, it would be the first topic. And Sunny would definitely be annoyed.

by Anonymousreply 591September 22, 2024 4:39 PM

Well Sunny also said she didn’t understand why people were surprised Kamala owned a gun since she’s “former law enforcement” and keeps using her past as a prosecutor as a positive. If it was a white politician she’d be raking them over the coals for being part of the judicial system and still ranting about defunding the police.

by Anonymousreply 592September 22, 2024 7:09 PM

Once McCain left the show a few years ago, she has publicly alluded to the fact (on social media) that Sunny gets away with her hypocrisy on how she handles the topics of black people and their points of view as compared to white people and their points of view. It has never gone un-noticed with McCain.

by Anonymousreply 593September 22, 2024 8:06 PM

Whoopi and Janet were both in the film For Colored Girls and Janet did drop in on The View so I assume they have a good relationship. Warning if you watch the video - this was when Whoopi was spotting one of her blonde dos.

At the very least, they should discuss this as it applies to how misinformation is easily accepted for fact.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594September 22, 2024 8:37 PM

Whoopi was at the NYC Kamala Harris fundraiser today.

by Anonymousreply 595September 22, 2024 10:35 PM

Hope I'm wrong, but I say they won't be discussing Jackson on 'The View' tomorrow or anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 596September 22, 2024 10:41 PM

What a week ! Between North Carolina gubernatorial candidate Mark Robinson's pissing into women's assholes, Diddy and his freak-offs and sex-trafficking females, and Janet Jackson denying Harris is a black woman...Sunny Hostin's calendar must've been filled this weekend with 'must-have conversations' she had scheduled with her two innocent young adult children, Paloma and Gabriel. She's told us time and time again about her children being at 'that age' where a conversation needs to be had when upsetting things in the black community is making headlines. I can't wait for her to tell us how those conversations went with her adorable children.

by Anonymousreply 597September 23, 2024 12:59 AM

This Jackson saga is spiraling into a major media mess. Now Janet's denying she said that Kamala's father is white, an apology was issued except she's saying the apology didn't come from her. I honestly don't know what the hell is going on in her camp so I do wonder if they will cover it tomorrow on the show.

by Anonymousreply 598September 23, 2024 3:14 AM

Part 30

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599September 23, 2024 3:27 AM

Thank you, Muriel...

by Anonymousreply 600September 23, 2024 3:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!