Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Timothy Bottoms: what went wrong?

He was great in The Paper Chase and The Last Picture Show as well as those movies with Sandy Dennis and Maggie Smith.

Why'd he kind of disappear from films?

by Anonymousreply 11June 28, 2024 1:11 AM

oops he wasn't in a movie with Sandy Dennis (was looking at the other thread)

by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2024 12:22 AM

You might find this thread of interest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2024 12:25 AM

Nobody becomes a star with a name like Bottoms

by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2024 12:27 AM

I wonder the same thing, OP--actually all the brothers were talented and gorgeous. Timothy, Joseph, and Sam (RIP).

Last thing I remember Tim doing was "That's My Bush!" on Comedy Central years ago.

by Anonymousreply 4June 28, 2024 12:27 AM

[QUOTE] Last thing I remember Tim doing was "That's My Bush!" on Comedy Central years ago.

I came to say the same thing. That show was SO STUPID and SO FUNNY. I love the South Park guys, so maybe it was an acquired taste. Then 9/11 happened, and the show ended. He really did look like George W. Bush.

by Anonymousreply 5June 28, 2024 12:28 AM

He didn't live up to his name.

by Anonymousreply 6June 28, 2024 12:29 AM

[quote]I wonder the same thing, OP--actually all the brothers were talented and gorgeous. Timothy, Joseph, and Sam (RIP).

Don't forget their cousin Shop.

by Anonymousreply 7June 28, 2024 12:42 AM

Timothy Bottoms

He does???

by Anonymousreply 8June 28, 2024 12:50 AM

I've read and seen interviews with him and he seems pretty odd, like on-the-spectrum odd. In his on-set interview for the Last Picture Show sequel, Texasville, he went on an on about how miserable the experience was, and how Cybill Shepherd was still a bitch after all these years. The same interviewer asked Cybill about it and she just laughed it off, like "Oh, that's Tim doing his Tim thing again!" In a more recent interview, he came off as extremely bitter, saying things like Jeff Bridges is a phony and is only a bigger star because he plays the "Hollywood game", while he (Tim) refused. It also seems he had a crush on Cybill during Last Picture Show, but Peter Bogdanovich stole her from him and he never forgave him (didn't stop him from working with him again and appearing at screenings). Bottoms also takes credit for Bogdanovich's movie Daisy Miller getting made, as he gave Cybill the book in the first place. Oh, and he also claimed to have fucked Dorothy Stratten before Bogdanovich.

by Anonymousreply 9June 28, 2024 12:52 AM

Wow, r9 is a veritable Bottomologist!

by Anonymousreply 10June 28, 2024 1:05 AM

There was a photo in some magazine, maybe Life, that had the family naked in a hot tub. The brothers were sitting on the edge of the tub so the Bottoms' bottoms were on display.

by Anonymousreply 11June 28, 2024 1:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!