Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trailer for Faye Dunaway Documentary

Can’t wait for this. lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439August 14, 2024 10:55 AM

Will they discuss her drug use? She was so striking and charismatic but then quickly became a wreck.

by Anonymousreply 1June 27, 2024 5:10 PM

[quote] lol

LoL! :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 27, 2024 5:22 PM

OP, why “lol?” How odd.

by Anonymousreply 3June 27, 2024 5:26 PM

She’s talking strange like her dentures don’t fit or something

by Anonymousreply 4June 27, 2024 5:29 PM

Finally ! I wondered why the did not release a trailer while promoting this in Cannes.

Thanks for posting OP!

I read the Hollywood Reporter review and it sounded promising.

[quote]“We need to shoot; I’m here now, come on,” says an exasperated Dunaway. Seated on a comfortable-looking sofa in an airy New York apartment living room, she huffs, “This is the worst seat in the world. I’m not happy with anything here.” But when she then snaps, “I need a glass of water, not a bottle,” a quick complicit eye roll at the camera suggests she’s aware enough to own the reputation as part of the persona she created.

[quote]Sharon Stone, wearing a lapel flower that’s bigger than her head,.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 27, 2024 5:56 PM

Why did Faye get those XXXL chompers? They're very distracting.

by Anonymousreply 6June 27, 2024 6:02 PM

Hish appens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 27, 2024 6:03 PM

I think she shounds fantashtic, just shuper!

by Anonymousreply 8June 27, 2024 6:27 PM

So who wants to bet Faye rarely takes her medication consistently?

by Anonymousreply 9June 27, 2024 6:58 PM

[quote] A very rude gay boy

Homosexual boy!

by Anonymousreply 10June 27, 2024 7:24 PM

I hope the documentary obsesses about the POSITIVE things!

by Anonymousreply 11June 27, 2024 7:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 27, 2024 7:46 PM

How quickly is 24 years can pass. I still remember when it was 2000. It will be 2050 before we know it.

Time goes fast.

by Anonymousreply 13June 27, 2024 7:48 PM

Faye discusses Mommie Dearest in this and was reportedly writing a book about the making of it a few years ago before she was talked out of it.

by Anonymousreply 14June 27, 2024 7:50 PM

And the academy award goes to Jada Pinkett Smith.

by Anonymousreply 15June 27, 2024 8:06 PM

Did she give a memorable performance after "Network"? Without a good director and editor she faded.

by Anonymousreply 16June 27, 2024 8:33 PM

[quote]This is addressed only glancingly in a reference to her career as “before and after Mommie Dearest,” with the unstated subtext that the industry seldom gives women another chance after such a stinging failure.

Jane, Barbra, Sally, Diane, Meryl, Jessica, Glenn, etc., have all endured flops, yet they still get hired. People stopped hiring Faye because of those flops + her nasty temperament.

An actor-director like Barbra is a perfectionist, and despite her megalomania, she gets things done. Faye, OTOH, couldn't get Master Class off the ground because she's too erratic.

by Anonymousreply 17June 27, 2024 8:37 PM

She tried to come back with Barfly. Did not work out, so she hang in there as a working actress , She did get hired for 3-5 tv-productions a year , where her "intensity" usually overpowered the material. She had a career in reverse. She started on top and had to struggle her way down, which she wrote about in her book as being ok.

I have a soft spot for her because of her work in the 70ies. Since i´m not in her eyeline ore ending up as salad faced gayling, i don´t have judge her mental illness and erratic behaviour.

She is very good at tossing food, btw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 27, 2024 9:29 PM

I wonder if this movie will cover the story of that POS who hired this obviously mentally ill woman to do his play TEA AT FIVE in Boston, leading to a total debacle that included her eventual firing?

by Anonymousreply 19June 27, 2024 9:39 PM

This looks insightful and hilarious at the same time. I really do think Faye was the most striking blonde I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 20June 27, 2024 9:49 PM

R16, yes, Mommie Dearest. People are split on whether it's a great or terrible performance (I'm in the former camp, there's a reason Faye's performance is one of the first things that comes to mind when you hear Crawford's name). Also, Barfly.

by Anonymousreply 21June 27, 2024 9:50 PM

[quote]Jane, Barbra, Sally, Diane, Meryl, Jessica, Glenn, etc., have all endured flops, yet they still get hired

I can't picture Dunaway doing stuff like Book Club, or Eighty for Brady. Dunaway had a specific niche that she was perfect for. But a lot of those types of roles simply aren't being written anymore.

The one role I could have seen Dunaway doing in recent years is Katharine Graham in The Post. Upper class elegance was always Dunaway's forte, but once again we got a miscast Meryl.

by Anonymousreply 22June 27, 2024 9:54 PM

[quote]I have a soft spot for her because of her work in the 70ies. Since i´m not in her eyeline ore ending up as salad faced gayling, i don´t have judge her mental illness and erratic behaviour.

You weren't an extra on Disappearance of Aimee, r18...

by Anonymousreply 23June 27, 2024 9:57 PM

[quote] wonder if this movie will cover the story of that POS who hired this obviously mentally ill woman to do his play TEA AT FIVE in Boston

John Tillinger He was married to DL fave Dorothy Lyman (know as Naomi on Mama’s Family and roles on various soap operas).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 27, 2024 9:57 PM

Laura Mars is a sordid campfest only the 70s/early 80s could produce.

by Anonymousreply 25June 27, 2024 10:02 PM

Anything about Beverly Hills Madam?

by Anonymousreply 26June 27, 2024 10:26 PM

[quote]Homosexual boy!

LITTLE homosexual boy.

by Anonymousreply 27June 27, 2024 10:27 PM

People like Faye Dunaway are tiring in their constant need for the adoration they never actually earned or deserve.

by Anonymousreply 28June 28, 2024 12:13 AM

[quote] People like Faye Dunaway are tiring in their constant need for the adoration they never actually earned or deserve.

Why can't they give her the respect that she’s entitled to? Why can't they treat her like she would be treated by any stranger on the street?

by Anonymousreply 29June 28, 2024 12:18 AM

Who is the dumb Brit in the trailer saying Faye disappears into every role she plays? Faye is always FAYE that is why we love her.

by Anonymousreply 30June 28, 2024 12:23 AM

R30, I think she really does both. I don't know how to explain it. But she really does inhabit the characters while also playing herself at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 31June 28, 2024 12:43 AM

Why can't you be obsessed about positive things?

by Anonymousreply 32June 28, 2024 12:49 AM

R31 And that’s what you call a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 33June 28, 2024 1:55 AM

R33, movie star AND an actress.

by Anonymousreply 34June 28, 2024 2:00 AM

She does movie star acting, r31. Like Lana and Redford and Barbra and Joan and...they can say a line sincerely, but it's always as themselves. They will allow themselves to look bad/distressed...but only to a point. Their vanity would never allow them to go full on Baby Jane in appearance or performance.

by Anonymousreply 35June 28, 2024 2:03 AM

Jesus. Who hit Stevie Nicks with a truck?

by Anonymousreply 36June 28, 2024 2:05 AM

R36 Great idea!

by Anonymousreply 37June 28, 2024 2:10 AM

Never believed her acting-same flat voice-how is she relevant and how is she getting this documentary. VERY FEW WILL PAY TO SEE THIS

by Anonymousreply 38June 28, 2024 2:10 AM

R35, I disagree. Joan wouldn't be capable of Faye's performances in Bonnie, Chinatown, Network, Barfly...or Mommie Dearest. I think Faye qualifies as both an actress and a star. Far more than Joan, who definitely was more of a star than actress.

by Anonymousreply 39June 28, 2024 2:25 AM

It's hilarious when she says, This is the worst seat in the world.

by Anonymousreply 40June 28, 2024 2:28 AM

#39, Joan could have done all those roles in her sleep. And they would be entertaining.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 28, 2024 2:41 AM

[quote] Joan wouldn't be capable of Faye's performances in Bonnie, Chinatown, Network, Barfly...or Mommie Dearest

Mommie Dearest aside, r39, Joan very much could have done an early '50s version of the driven career woman in Network. Also she could have done '30s versions of a gangster's moll or a '40s noir Chinatown mystery woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 28, 2024 2:46 AM

[quote] movie star AND an actress.

Movie star.

Actress.

Movie star.

Movie star AND an actress.

by Anonymousreply 43June 28, 2024 2:48 AM

Why doesn't she talk about what it was like to work with Warren Beatty? Does she hate him now? She blathers endlessly about Marlon Brando and Johnny Depp but Bonnie and Clyde really shined a spotlight on Faye's career.

by Anonymousreply 44June 28, 2024 2:50 AM

[quote]There's a reason Faye's performance is one of the first things that comes to mind when you hear Crawford's name)

But not necessarily in a positive way.

by Anonymousreply 45June 28, 2024 3:39 AM

R24, I was not referring to John Tillinger, I was referring to the POS who wrote TEA AT FIVE and who was one of the powers behind the Boston production.

by Anonymousreply 46June 28, 2024 3:42 AM

[quote] She is very good at tossing food, btw.

And videocassettes!

[quote] According to a former employee of the now-defunct store Video West in West Hollywood, the actress used to drive up to the store and honk her car horn, waiting for someone to come out to collect her videos. If they took too long, the source told The Post, Dunaway would “just toss [the tapes] out the window.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 28, 2024 4:15 AM

Will Faye's angry voicemail be included in the documentary?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 28, 2024 4:38 AM

Great combination of truly iconic performances and peak camp diva messiness. A stah. I can't wait to see this.

by Anonymousreply 49June 28, 2024 5:56 AM

R21 combined with better editing and transitions, I think Mommie Dearest would’ve been better received than it was originally if one of the following two things happened: —Faye’s over-the-top acting was toned down just a drop —The writing for the movie was more grounded in truth

When I say “better received” I was thinking along the lines of Faye’s career wouldn’t have cratered the way it did after Mommie Dearest and just been on a long and steady decline.

Now if both of those things happened then you could make the argument that Mommie Dearest could’ve been a serious contender for Oscars..

by Anonymousreply 50June 28, 2024 8:07 AM

In 1966 Faye won the Theatre World Award for her performance in he blank-verse drama Hogan's Goat written by William Alfred. She became friends with the playwright and called him the single most important figure in her lifetime. Teacher, mentor and the man she would have picked as father if the choice was hers.

She reprised her role in the play for a 1971 television production. Also in the cast is future golden girl Rue McClanahan.

I´m still hopeing the 1974 tv production of Arthur Millers After the Fall with Faye and Christopher Plummer shows up someday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 28, 2024 11:25 AM

[quote] Since i´m not in her eyeline

Don't FUCK with me, fellas!

by Anonymousreply 52June 28, 2024 12:12 PM

When I have a chance I cut the lol out with a rusty razor.

by Anonymousreply 53June 28, 2024 12:19 PM

R50, the director deserves most of the blame for the movie. Faye's acting is the only great/good thing about it.

by Anonymousreply 54June 28, 2024 12:23 PM

[quote] When I have a chance I cut the lol out with a rusty razor.

CHRISTINA! Bring me the rusty razor...

by Anonymousreply 55June 28, 2024 12:29 PM

Oh. I thought the documentary was about Faye moving into a trailer.

Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 56June 28, 2024 3:12 PM

R28, for "Bonnie and Clyde," "Eyes of Laura Mars," "Network," "Chinatown" (Christ), "Voyage of the Damned," "Thomas Crown Affair," and "Barfly" she deserves the "adoration" (your word - I suggest "admiration," "respect" and a measure of bemused "toleration.") you stupidly piffle over.

She's a hot mess and has been. But in her work she is deserving of better commentators than a cunt such as you.

by Anonymousreply 57June 28, 2024 3:19 PM

I'd like to watch a reality show where Faye and Jane Fonda are sharing an RV and driving cross-country. Let the hijinks ensue!

by Anonymousreply 58June 28, 2024 4:12 PM

One production she managed to get off the ground as producer and actress was Cold Sassy Tree in 1989.

If you wanna check ouT Faye singing go to 12:11.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 28, 2024 4:39 PM

Damm i just realized i linked to a questionable site Sorry about that!

by Anonymousreply 60June 28, 2024 4:46 PM

You don't see actresses like Faye anymore, a combination of real talent and batshit craziness. That used to be the norm for Hollywood actresses.

by Anonymousreply 61June 28, 2024 5:18 PM

One out of two ain't bad.

by Anonymousreply 62June 28, 2024 9:38 PM

R61, right. Today's major stars are boring whether they are in music or movies. Someone on a music forum told me Selena Gomez is popular because she causes controversy. She's so boring, I'm amazed she's evoked any emotions in anyone, ever.

by Anonymousreply 63June 28, 2024 9:38 PM

R61 - Did you motherfuckers forget about me?

by Anonymousreply 64June 28, 2024 9:39 PM

Angelina, you're not even that good of an actress, go eat something.

by Anonymousreply 65June 28, 2024 9:56 PM

Careful dude, she'll cut a bitch

by Anonymousreply 66June 28, 2024 9:58 PM

Faye is a guest on “Kelly and Mark” this morning.

I can’t see her doing the customary high fiving the audience as she enters.

by Anonymousreply 67July 8, 2024 9:37 AM

Excerpt from “With Love, Mommie Dearest” by A. Ashley Hoff:

“POOR FAYE DUNAWAY. HER performance as a rampaging Joan Crawford was so convincing that even people in the industry couldn’t help but wonder if there was just a tiny bit of similarity between her on-screen performance and her off-screen behavior.

And unlike Patty Duke, whose scene-chewing performance in the similarly maligned Valley of the Dolls nearly derailed her own award-winning career (though she later made peace with the film and its campy legacy), Dunaway has been unable to see the humor in Mommie Dearest. It remains a sore subject, one that sadly (she feels) has overshadowed her great performances in some of the true cinematic masterpieces of her generation.

Faye’s participation in the movie serves as a cautionary tale on multiple levels: not simply in picking and choosing roles with more care, or in giving a performance that can be perceived as too convincing, but also in handling the failure of a project with grace, humor, and a lightness of touch, allowing one to move forward undisturbed. It also offers a lesson in being (or being perceived as) kinder to one’s coworkers and peers.”

by Anonymousreply 68July 8, 2024 10:20 AM

Faye, you really shouldn’t do interviews with missing teeth. NOT a good look!

by Anonymousreply 69July 8, 2024 1:28 PM

OMG, Faye in 4K under those bright studio lights! The horror!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 8, 2024 1:39 PM

R67, Who did Faye’s makeup this morning, Frank E. Campbell?

by Anonymousreply 71July 8, 2024 2:33 PM

Ouch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 8, 2024 4:38 PM

Faye is now old enough to run for president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 8, 2024 4:38 PM

Funny how feminist film critics like Annette Insdorf will try to implant girl power ideas into anyone, including this nasty, selfish all-about-herself barracuda who has never given one fuck in hell about other women.

by Anonymousreply 74July 8, 2024 4:49 PM

Kelly and Mark really seemed to struggle with asking La Dunaway anything relevant or getting anything mildly substantive from their guest.

I'm guessing that's probably because Faye's team presented them with a 100-page list of topics Miss Dunaway would absolutely NOT discuss, the most glaringly obvious being Mommie Dearest.

So that left Kelly and Mark with snoozer questions like, "How did you feel when you won the Oscar?"

by Anonymousreply 75July 8, 2024 5:19 PM

They should've asked her about working with Marlon Brando and her experience filming "Arizona Dream". She probably would've been so pleasantly surprised and touched that the world would've finally seen a happy Faye Dunaway.

by Anonymousreply 76July 8, 2024 5:27 PM

If I were Kelly and Mark, I would've said fuck it and asked her about Mommie Dearest. She would've thrown a fit but so what. It would've made for good tv.

by Anonymousreply 77July 8, 2024 5:31 PM

Faye appeared to walk out gingerly.

Is she experiencing mobility issues?

It looked like she was wearing slippers.

by Anonymousreply 78July 8, 2024 5:33 PM

R78 She's 83. I'm sure she has creaky joints like the majority of people her age.

by Anonymousreply 79July 8, 2024 5:39 PM

R70, she looks familiar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 8, 2024 5:43 PM

Faye is rather simian looking these days.

by Anonymousreply 81July 8, 2024 5:52 PM

Why were teeth missing? Oh Faye, you’ve lost it. She didn’t care that she gave a live interview with teeth missing???? Dementia.

by Anonymousreply 82July 8, 2024 6:19 PM

R82 Yes. She doesn't have a bridge that she can snap on for TV appearances?

by Anonymousreply 83July 8, 2024 6:46 PM

Faye was so fortunate to have Sharon Stone agree to participate in this documentary and add some much needed A-list prestige to this cinematic achievement.

by Anonymousreply 84July 8, 2024 6:59 PM

[quote] including this nasty, selfish all-about-herself barracuda who has never given one fuck in hell about other women.

You've just described every actress who has ever fucking lived.

by Anonymousreply 85July 8, 2024 7:00 PM

If you want to see a very, um, lively Faye Dunaway, compel her to speak about any of the three following topics

1) plastic surgery

2) Mommie Dearest

3) a certain cup of urine flying across the stage while filming Chinatown

Honorable mention goes to calling her "Done Fade Away", and given my uncanny gift for Freudian slips to I don't think I could last a 15 minute interview without actually saying it right to her face.

by Anonymousreply 86July 8, 2024 7:12 PM

Oscar-winning Hollywood legend Faye Dunaway has played many different parts across her decades-long career, but she's being comically selective about what her grandson will call her as she takes on a new role as his grandmother.

The 83-year-old made a rare recent talk show appearance Monday on Live With Kelly and Mark to promote her upcoming HBO documentary Faye, and answered a question about what her grandson, Oliver Dunaway O’Neill, will call her when he's older.

"I know you have a grandbaby, and right now, you've been deciding on a grandma name," Ripa said, referencing the 2022 birth of Dunaway's grandson, whose father is Dunaway's only child, Liam Dunaway O'Neill. "I think, this is what I think the baby should call you: Ms. Dunaway."

The Network and Chinatown star smiled and looked toward the audience and said, "No way! No way! I tell him I want to be called grandmama."

Ripa then suggested, "What about Madame?" which Dunaway also rejected.

"No! He'll tell me exactly what he wants to call me, and it'll be better than any name I could've thought of," she said. "He's a darling boy. I adore him!"

Dunaway also spoke about her decision to allow cameras to capture portions of her life for the Faye documentary, which premiered at Cannes in May.

"The unexamined life is not worth living. I think [Socrates] said that," Dunaway said. "You have to examine your life, look at your choices, understand why they were made, and learn from it. If you don't do that... life is not worth living."

by Anonymousreply 87July 8, 2024 7:12 PM

signing autographs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 8, 2024 7:15 PM

She was gorgeous in her youth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 8, 2024 7:22 PM

Honey, Faye is serving Hamburgler realness in OP’s photo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90July 8, 2024 7:37 PM

R86, What about the Oscar Best Picture snafu?

by Anonymousreply 91July 8, 2024 7:57 PM

R67, Instead of high fiving the audience, she waved and blew a kiss.

by Anonymousreply 92July 8, 2024 7:58 PM

Faye, this morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 8, 2024 7:59 PM

What's wrong with her face? I know, tones of plastic surgery but whatever they did she's unrecognizable. What did they do to it specifically? Her mouth looks totally different and I am not just talking about fillers.

by Anonymousreply 94July 8, 2024 8:02 PM

I wish they had let me come out in a "This is Your Life" moment.

by Anonymousreply 95July 8, 2024 8:10 PM

It's a sign of her mental illness that she would allow herself to go on TV looking like that.

And what a truly laughable, ridiculous moment when Mark Consuelos said something stupid like, "Whenever I think of the Oscars, the first thing that comes to mind is that iconic photo of you on the morning after you won for NETWORK." I think it's a very safe bet that the first thing everyone else in the world would think of would be the snafu in which Faye announced the wrong Best Picture winner.

by Anonymousreply 96July 8, 2024 8:19 PM

Kelly: I understand there’s some dispute as to whether or not you actually gave birth to your son Liam.

Faye: That’s it, I’m outta here.

by Anonymousreply 97July 8, 2024 8:19 PM

Faye was missing two lower teeth at this year’s Cannes Film Festival.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 8, 2024 8:25 PM

If she's vain enough about her appearance to have had extensive plastic surgery (however unfortunate), why would she allow herself to be seen in public with two missing teeth? Again, I suppose it's a sign of mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 99July 8, 2024 9:27 PM

How old is her grandson? At her age, she could be a great great grandmama.

by Anonymousreply 100July 8, 2024 9:35 PM

I have to laugh when she refers to Terry O'Neil in the Kelly and Mark interview and doesn't say he was also her husband.

by Anonymousreply 101July 8, 2024 11:47 PM

O'Neill.

by Anonymousreply 102July 8, 2024 11:47 PM

Faye's done Dunaway wif her toofses.

by Anonymousreply 103July 8, 2024 11:49 PM

Dearest Faye - At least I would have seen to it that all of your teeth were in before letting you go on camera.

by Anonymousreply 104July 9, 2024 12:29 AM

[quote][R24], I was not referring to John Tillinger, I was referring to the POS who wrote TEA AT FIVE and who was one of the powers behind the Boston production.

Matthew Lombardo, r46. He really is a huge pos. He sued Valerie Harper for not finishing the tour of LOOPED when her cancer got worse.

by Anonymousreply 105July 9, 2024 1:01 AM

R105 - I was available but no one called!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106July 9, 2024 2:01 AM

Maybe she doesn’t like how she sounds when wearing a partial.

by Anonymousreply 107July 9, 2024 2:14 AM

Don't FUCK with me, Kelly. This is my first time on the show.

by Anonymousreply 108July 9, 2024 2:17 AM

Thanks for naming the POS, R105. I usually refer to him as He Who Cannot Be Named :-)

by Anonymousreply 109July 9, 2024 3:33 AM

Doesn’t like how she sounds? She’s sounds ridiculous as is with those massive horse teef.

by Anonymousreply 110July 9, 2024 3:52 AM

Who was the unlucky soul who was made to do her hair? A friend of mine who worked on her said that she is almost completely bald.

by Anonymousreply 111July 9, 2024 3:53 AM

That would explain her getting extensions a few years ago and wouldn’t pay for them. It played out in the NY Post.

by Anonymousreply 112July 9, 2024 3:53 AM

105 He sued her because of that!?!?

by Anonymousreply 113July 9, 2024 5:03 AM

Sorry, above is for R105.

by Anonymousreply 114July 9, 2024 5:03 AM

Is this the place on the information highway where prissy little homosexual boys discuss a star so bright they just cannot look at her and therefore not understand her? The place where it was first reported how Miss Faye Dunaway would offload her DVDs by first honking the horn of her limousine in front of a DVD rental store and then by dumping them by the dozens on the curb if the staff had the impudence to keep her waiting? Miss Faye Dunaway would like to say she's not mad at the little homosexual boys, she's just mad at their parents for allowing them to grow into the lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 115July 9, 2024 5:06 AM

You honestly have to wonder what happened between Faye and Terry O’Neill for her to not even acknowledge him as an ex-husband.

I know it’s probably (most definitely) the case that Terry probably just had enough of her insanity, but I can’t help but feel that there was more to that story.

by Anonymousreply 116July 9, 2024 6:49 AM

R116, He confirmed in print that Faye did not give birth to Liam, which infuriated her.

by Anonymousreply 117July 9, 2024 6:57 AM

There are numerous juicy stories about when Faye lived here in Boston with Peter Wolf.

by Anonymousreply 118July 9, 2024 7:00 AM

I read or watched another interview where Faye trashed Terry. He became her manager and she thought ruined her career.

by Anonymousreply 119July 9, 2024 9:11 AM

Where are Faye’s choppers????

by Anonymousreply 120July 9, 2024 9:34 AM

r120 They were all solidly in place a few years ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121July 9, 2024 9:47 AM

r118 Such as?

by Anonymousreply 122July 9, 2024 9:47 AM

R121 - With that mouth full of chiclets she looks like Jimmy Carter in drag.

by Anonymousreply 123July 9, 2024 11:40 AM

R121, You can’t see her bottom teeth in that photo, where the gaps are.

by Anonymousreply 124July 9, 2024 11:43 AM

R124 ok

by Anonymousreply 125July 9, 2024 12:47 PM

R113, the Lombardo/Dunaway story is more complicated than that, but he is still a chronically litigious POS.

by Anonymousreply 126July 9, 2024 1:04 PM

Here's a better Oscar pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127July 9, 2024 3:08 PM

Faye Review: Why We’ll Always Hold Dunaway Dearest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128July 10, 2024 12:10 AM

Her eyebrow lift has made her face look like 70% forehead. Her face is a wreck. She probably went to cheap doctors and then drank and smoked her way through the recovery.

by Anonymousreply 129July 10, 2024 12:15 AM

This is kind of a weird question, but one thing I've always wondered about the famous morning after Oscar photo - what's that red cylindrical thing that's right behind the Oscar? I've never been able to identify it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130July 10, 2024 1:35 AM

A lighter.

by Anonymousreply 131July 10, 2024 1:40 AM

OMG thanks r130!

by Anonymousreply 132July 10, 2024 1:40 AM

I don't know who looks more embalmed: Faye or Mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133July 10, 2024 1:54 AM

[quote] She probably went to cheap doctors and then drank and smoked her way through the recovery.

And also the operation itself.

by Anonymousreply 134July 10, 2024 2:20 AM

I can totally see Faye getting prepped for her plastic surgery scolding the anesthesiologist, "Can you PLEASE leave? You are RIGHT in my sight line!"

by Anonymousreply 135July 10, 2024 2:21 AM

She doesn’t look that bad. She hasn’t destroyed her face the way Jane Fonda did. Faye still resembles her old self unlike Fonda who looks like a blow up doll.

by Anonymousreply 136July 10, 2024 2:23 AM

Fonda is getting ready for her long-awaited sequel to Barbarella.

by Anonymousreply 137July 10, 2024 2:25 AM

It’ll be as believable as Barbara’s Gypsy R137

by Anonymousreply 138July 10, 2024 2:34 AM

Have they found her missing teefs yet?

by Anonymousreply 139July 10, 2024 2:40 AM

R139 - Christina! Bring me the bridge!

by Anonymousreply 140July 10, 2024 2:42 AM

[quote] She hasn’t destroyed her face the way Jane Fonda did.

Hon…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141July 10, 2024 3:29 AM

[quote][R113], the Lombardo/Dunaway story is more complicated than that, but he is still a chronically litigious POS.

R113 is asking about my post at r105, I think, r126, which mentions that Lombardo sued *Valerie Harper* for not finishing the tour of LOOPED after her cancer worsened.

...and yes, r113, he sued a terminally ill woman for being unable to work.

by Anonymousreply 142July 10, 2024 7:43 AM

Not the best link to explain the lawsuit mentioned in r142, but it will give you an idea.

Lombardo also brought the Godawful HIGH to Broadway, starring Kathleen Turner. It closed the same week that it opened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143July 10, 2024 7:55 AM

How was that not major news? I’m surprised it is not even mentioned on her wikipedia page.

by Anonymousreply 144July 10, 2024 8:00 AM

R141 - In that pic, Miss Faye looks like Helen Mirren's "slow" sister.

by Anonymousreply 145July 10, 2024 11:45 AM

[quote] I’m surprised it is not even mentioned on her wikipedia page.

Because somebody has to be on top of you homosexualists and your toxic lies, editing that page morning, noon, and night! And that somebody has to be ME if it's to be done right! Don't FUCK with me, fellas!

by Anonymousreply 146July 10, 2024 11:48 AM

Anyone hosting a DL viewing party Saturday evening for the premiere of the documentary on HBO?

by Anonymousreply 147July 10, 2024 12:48 PM

R147 Everyone must wear frilly white dressing gowns and scream “God, I HATE THIS NIGHT!” every 10 minutes. While slugging vodka, of course.

by Anonymousreply 148July 10, 2024 1:36 PM

R142, I know what I'm referring to. I remember reading that there was more to the Lombardo/Harper lawsuit than you stated. Here is a relevant section from the article linked to below:

"Lombardo says that the 74-year-old 'Rhoda' star, and her husband, Tony Cacciotti, 'knowingly withheld the truth about her cancer.' The writer filed the lawsuit as a result of one filed by Harper, in which she claims he did not pay the remainder of her contract despite her illness."

Unless Lombardo is lying about the the Harper suit, in which she apparently expected to be have her full contract paid even though she was unable to play it out, you'll have to admit that does put a different spin on the situation. BUT, as I said, even if Lombardo's version is the truth, he's still a POS for many of his other vile lawsuits and other actions throughout his "career." Here again, this source is not the best place to link to for this kind of story, but presumably the information is factual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 10, 2024 1:38 PM

R148, Turbans would be in order.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150July 10, 2024 1:39 PM

R150 Yes, and elbow lotion.

by Anonymousreply 151July 10, 2024 1:41 PM

R148 Invite a few of your favorite "uncles" over and then leave angry voice mails to those who decline the offer. Start the day by exploding in rage at the barista for not asking you about working with Marlon Brando.

by Anonymousreply 152July 10, 2024 2:15 PM

Her son Liam says that she hit rock bottom a few years ago and that he drove her to a clinic in Boston.

by Anonymousreply 153July 10, 2024 4:47 PM

If you are going to cunt out with everyone, cunt out with GUSTO!

by Anonymousreply 154July 10, 2024 6:32 PM

R136 Please surrender your gay membership card. She looks like SHIT. Jane Fonda has not destroyed herself to Faye's degree.

by Anonymousreply 155July 10, 2024 7:38 PM

r153 link to alleged comment?

by Anonymousreply 156July 10, 2024 8:21 PM

R156, It’s in the documentary and is in the Daily Mail today.

by Anonymousreply 157July 10, 2024 8:23 PM

I miss the days when actresses were diva bitches with mental health and substance abuse problems.

by Anonymousreply 158July 10, 2024 8:32 PM

r157 Great link

by Anonymousreply 159July 10, 2024 9:16 PM

I just blocked the "nice link" asshat.

Don't be discouraged r153 and thanks for sharing.

And fyi I was told our Faye ended up at Mass General on the same floor that Joan Kennedy has been a regular guest.

by Anonymousreply 160July 10, 2024 9:29 PM

R160, Joan Kennedy has her own wing at MGH.

by Anonymousreply 161July 10, 2024 9:47 PM

r160 " I just blocked the "nice link" asshat. "

Oh, ok, Thanks for letting us know! Fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 162July 10, 2024 9:52 PM

Is that little homosexual boy in the documentary?

by Anonymousreply 163July 11, 2024 5:55 AM

Why wasn’t I interviewed?

by Anonymousreply 164July 11, 2024 5:58 AM

^ You wrote a book already.

by Anonymousreply 165July 11, 2024 10:56 AM

I’d have been nice!

by Anonymousreply 166July 11, 2024 11:05 AM

What happened with the lawsuit by her fired assistant?

by Anonymousreply 167July 11, 2024 11:09 AM

Faye's favorite of her films is Towering Inferno because it so predicted her future career so well.

by Anonymousreply 168July 11, 2024 12:22 PM

R168 Except that Faye's character survived the inferno.

by Anonymousreply 169July 11, 2024 12:25 PM

R168, Natalie Wood was first offered and turned down Faye’s role in “The Towering Inferno”.

by Anonymousreply 170July 11, 2024 12:38 PM

Rutanya is in it.

by Anonymousreply 171July 11, 2024 1:07 PM

Boston Globe review

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172July 11, 2024 11:51 PM

[quote] Natalie Wood was first offered and turned down Faye’s role in “The Towering Inferno”.

Thank God. It freed her up to star in "Meteor!" a few years later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173July 11, 2024 11:57 PM

When the hell is the damn documentary available??

by Anonymousreply 174July 12, 2024 1:53 AM

Her Bipolar probably ramped up around the time she filmed Network, based off of how Hammy she was at times in that movie.

by Anonymousreply 175July 12, 2024 9:51 AM

PREMIERES JULY 13 AT 8 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176July 12, 2024 10:06 AM

r176 Thanks !

by Anonymousreply 177July 12, 2024 10:24 AM

Since it´s Friday let´s look back .Faye talking to Merv Griiffin in 1972 about the American Dream

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178July 12, 2024 12:06 PM

In 1993 in the movie she was brilliant in that was the hit of all of Europe and Cannes -Arizona Dream

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179July 12, 2024 12:14 PM

I'm glad she's at least aware of the fact that she's bipolar. She seems like the type to never admit she has a problem.

by Anonymousreply 180July 12, 2024 12:31 PM

R180, in which interview or where else does she admit she's bipolar?

by Anonymousreply 181July 12, 2024 2:22 PM

She was only diagnosed in the aftermath of getting fired from Tea at Five. R181

by Anonymousreply 182July 12, 2024 2:23 PM

Thanks, R182, but that doesn't answer my question. Is there an interview in which Faye herself admits that she is bipolar?

by Anonymousreply 183July 12, 2024 2:58 PM

Jesus Fucking Christ watch the fucking documentary you stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 184July 12, 2024 3:02 PM

The documentary, r183.

by Anonymousreply 185July 12, 2024 3:35 PM

Thanks, R185, for your polite answer to my question. Not having yet seen the documentary, which I believe hasn't yet premiered, I did not know that Faye admits to being bipolar in it.

by Anonymousreply 186July 12, 2024 6:10 PM

R186, she’s also an alcoholic. It runs in her family. The documentary premieres on HBO tomorrow night.

by Anonymousreply 187July 12, 2024 10:00 PM

How have you seen the documentary if it hasn't aired yet?

by Anonymousreply 188July 12, 2024 10:01 PM

We have many insiders who post on DL!

by Anonymousreply 189July 12, 2024 10:03 PM

The actors union pays for the dental work, what is the problem

by Anonymousreply 190July 13, 2024 12:00 AM

Where are her teeth???? Consuelos has been talking about that interview all night long in the hamptons. Never did he think he’d interview Faye with missing teeth. He’s STILL laughing about it!!!!

by Anonymousreply 191July 13, 2024 2:59 AM

Miss Faye will have NONE OF IT! Part 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192July 13, 2024 5:12 PM

Miss Faye will have NONE OF THAT!! Part Deux

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193July 13, 2024 5:13 PM

R192, She doesn’t even say goodbye.

by Anonymousreply 194July 13, 2024 5:13 PM

R192, Faye worked with Brando long past his prime.

by Anonymousreply 195July 13, 2024 5:14 PM

Suffice it to say, Miss Faye most certainly was not a ray of sunshine...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 13, 2024 5:14 PM

I'm exactly two minutes into it. What an enormous pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 197July 14, 2024 12:53 AM

The showbusiness adage is: Would you rather have someone who is nice and gives you a competent performance or someone who is difficult and gives you a great performance?

by Anonymousreply 198July 14, 2024 12:58 AM

Someone who is nice and gives you a great performance.

by Anonymousreply 199July 14, 2024 1:51 AM

The Enigma of Faye Dunaway Is Still Intact Even After A Revealing New Documentary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200July 14, 2024 1:57 AM

Rotten Tomatoes: 100% for the documentary.

by Anonymousreply 201July 14, 2024 2:01 AM

I enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 202July 14, 2024 2:01 AM

[quote]she’s also an alcoholic.

Pity they didn't call it "Faye: She Knew Where to Find the Booze and the Boys!"

by Anonymousreply 203July 14, 2024 2:01 AM

Can't wait to watch

by Anonymousreply 204July 14, 2024 2:22 AM

Faye Dunaway lets her diva flag fly, then and now, in the documentary ‘Faye’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205July 14, 2024 2:26 AM

Is it possible that this documentary includes no reference to her mind-boggling fuck-up at the Oscars, where she announced the wrong Best Picture winner? And yes, I'm aware the wrong card was given to her and Warren Beatty to read, but he to his great credit realized there was something wrong, whereas she barreled ahead like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 206July 14, 2024 2:54 AM

Why Jack Nicholson Called Faye Dunaway 'the Dreaded Dunaway,' Slapped Her on the Set of Chinatown

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207July 14, 2024 2:57 AM

R206 - Faye explains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208July 14, 2024 2:58 AM

Just watched and enjoyed it.

Surprised the clip of Bette Davis bashing Faye on the Tonight Show was included.

by Anonymousreply 209July 14, 2024 3:23 AM

I was surprised to hear her admit she adopted. She went berserk when his father went public with that and denied. It was also nice to see how warm and affectionate she is with the son. It humanized her…..a little. I’d still do 20 years of hard time before I’d take a job as her assistant.

by Anonymousreply 210July 14, 2024 3:49 AM

Could she tempt you with Gucci?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211July 14, 2024 4:05 AM

She’s been in and out of rehab for 30 years and is still a drunk.

by Anonymousreply 212July 14, 2024 5:36 AM

Does anyone see her walking around New York?

by Anonymousreply 213July 14, 2024 5:37 AM

Nope, everyone is afraid to look. "Can you please leave the streets of New York? You are right in my eye line."

by Anonymousreply 214July 14, 2024 5:45 AM

r211...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215July 14, 2024 5:54 AM

When she uttered her “can you please leave…” line she was still so beautiful at 55. Her surgeries destroyed everything unique about that great face. I’d normally lay this on the surgeon(s) but I suspect she was a nightmare patient who refused to listen. Just as she told the director not to say action until she gave him a cue, she surely told the surgeon to operate on her cue. With horrific results.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216July 14, 2024 5:55 AM

[quote]Surprised the clip of Bette Davis bashing Faye on the Tonight Show was included.

How was it dealt with, r209?

by Anonymousreply 217July 14, 2024 5:59 AM

You actually hear Dunaway before you see her, complaining over the soundtrack that she's ready to shoot, why have they not start shooting yet, come on already! Later, director Laurent Bouzereau ... will present a montage of the star sitting on her couch, grousing about everything from the angle at which she's being shot to the water she's drinking. Headlines that play up her temper tantrums and sudden leaves of absence from productions, all brimming with puns and schadenfreude ("Dun-Away With!"), whiz across the screen. A vintage clip from the Carson-era Tonight Show, featuring Bette Davis spitting a Xenomorph-bloodstream level of acid as she dubs Dunaway the worst person in showbiz, gets some early prime real estate. Faye may have indeed come to praise this screen icon and noted anti-wire-hanger enthusiast, but you wonder how much it plans on burying her before it gets around to the complimentary segments.

Rolling Stone.

by Anonymousreply 218July 14, 2024 6:14 AM

Say what you will about Faye, but as a mother, she did not do her son dirty.

It speaks volumes how Liam had a good relationship with both parents when Faye could’ve easily engaged in parental alienation.

by Anonymousreply 219July 14, 2024 6:35 AM

R219, wait until he releases Dunaway Dearest after her death? He was just posting on Instagram that Biden needs to go, he recognizes elder abuse.

by Anonymousreply 220July 14, 2024 7:29 AM

The drama!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221July 14, 2024 7:31 AM

She looks like a broken down, toothless old slapper in OP's linked photo.

by Anonymousreply 222July 14, 2024 7:52 AM

r218 just fucking DIE

by Anonymousreply 223July 14, 2024 8:10 AM

You look like a broken down, toothless old slapper too R223.

by Anonymousreply 224July 14, 2024 8:23 AM

Too bad we don't have diva bitch bipolar actresses with substance abuse proplems anymore. Our culture was much better for it.

by Anonymousreply 225July 14, 2024 8:28 AM

not in the mood for you little gay people

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226July 14, 2024 3:52 PM

She’s such a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 227July 14, 2024 10:08 PM

She’s awesome. I cried watching the documentary. I know - MARY!

by Anonymousreply 228July 14, 2024 10:11 PM

She’s a cunt’s cunt and that’s why all us little homosexual boys adore her.

by Anonymousreply 229July 14, 2024 11:55 PM

The last of the big shouldered broads. I would not change a damn thing about her. It's what makes her interesting.

Sharon Stone fan gurling thoughout was annoying as fuck. She shouldn't act like she's even in the same league.

by Anonymousreply 230July 15, 2024 2:33 AM

Fabulous

by Anonymousreply 231July 15, 2024 2:44 AM

Variety

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232July 15, 2024 4:58 AM

My favorite part is that she said “Marlon Brando” not once but TWICE!

by Anonymousreply 233July 15, 2024 1:45 PM

She just has no sense of humour about herself.

by Anonymousreply 234July 15, 2024 1:47 PM

I’d give her a kick in the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 235July 15, 2024 3:14 PM

Faye appears to be enthralled with Brando, but the Brando she worked with was long past his prime.

by Anonymousreply 236July 15, 2024 4:56 PM

Faye should embrace “Mommie Dearest” at this point, the way Patty Duke eventually did with “Valley of the Dolls”.

by Anonymousreply 237July 15, 2024 5:05 PM

Her face was flawless until she started fucking with it about 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 238July 15, 2024 6:59 PM

Consuelos is still laughing about her appearing on his show with missing teeth!

by Anonymousreply 239July 15, 2024 7:47 PM

Imagine Faye if she had a sense of humor about herself and her cuntiness wasn't aimed at assistants and extras and hairdressers? She'd be absolutely divine.

by Anonymousreply 240July 16, 2024 12:06 AM

Funny that only Mickey Rourke and Sharon Stone (of all people) are the only major talking heads who were included from the present time. Her plastic surgery is horrible. Rourke's has gotten less awful with time, except for that nose. Dunaway looks like she had some good, subtle work when she was younger.

Her career was destined to hit a decline around the late 70s/80s and its not surprising she wound up on tv and in low budget films. Women on screen were different and she didn't destined to play mothers (as she demonstrated in "Mommie Dearest"). Younger actresses like Sigourney Weaver (a much better actress) and contemporaries like Jane Fonda got the strong female leads in better films.

The doc highlights how she continued to work even when we began to forget about her.

by Anonymousreply 241July 16, 2024 12:40 AM

Why does she have the need for so much Blistex?

by Anonymousreply 242July 16, 2024 12:59 AM

Maybe her horse teef fuck up her lips.

by Anonymousreply 243July 16, 2024 1:23 AM

At least there was minimal input from that one feminist cunt trying to turn Faye into a victim. That Lucy Desi Amy Poehler documentary had some Zoomer twat, who is an expert on Ball because she’s been following her career for the past 5 years, try to repaint Lucille Ball as a victim of the patriarchy. Ball would have put a cigarette out on her.

by Anonymousreply 244July 16, 2024 1:25 AM

She was absolutely gorgeous. No question about it.

by Anonymousreply 245July 16, 2024 1:28 AM

R244 Lol I watched something during covid about Mae West. Same thing. Some young'un who heard of her a minute ago went down the victim route. Puh-lease. I'm not up on my waves of feminism but the gen z kids are definitely creating a new wave that is sex negative, everyone's a victim and everyone is probably secretly black and neurodiverse. They are so regressive they'll prob all be voting Repub in 5 years.

Anyone know anything about Faye being evicted from a rent controlled apartment fairly recently? How did she get a rent controlled apartment, she's been famous for 6 decades.

by Anonymousreply 246July 16, 2024 1:37 AM

That apartment was being lived in by her son. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s living in some property originally inhabited by him. Her house in LA was the size of a shoebox and incredibly sad. She doesn’t have a dime.

by Anonymousreply 247July 16, 2024 1:56 AM

She is presumably getting paid for her new film Feet, with Andrew McCarthy and Mena Suvari.

by Anonymousreply 248July 16, 2024 1:59 AM

Well we know that she can’t afford teeth.

by Anonymousreply 249July 16, 2024 2:08 AM

Her LA house was so unbecoming of Faye Dunaway that I felt the Beverly Hills Hotel should have offered her a bungalow. Nobody has ever advertised the hotel better. She was living in the type of house normally inhabited by third bananas on TV.

by Anonymousreply 250July 16, 2024 2:10 AM

Why is she so poor?

by Anonymousreply 251July 16, 2024 2:29 AM

She threw a lot of money at the unfinished "Master Class."

"People hear Faye Dunaway and think she has a lot of money, but I don't because I've spent a lot. Not tons. I spent what I want to spend on this movie and you have to have skin in this game. You have to take risks."

by Anonymousreply 252July 16, 2024 2:39 AM

Our Faye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253July 16, 2024 2:42 AM

In her voicemail tirade she says her ex husband quit working and pretended to be her manager for years. Did he add to her money woes? Hard to imagine that one project could break her. Maybe her bipolar lead to spending binges like the ones Carrie Fisher had.

by Anonymousreply 254July 16, 2024 2:47 AM

"She was born in shack and she'll die in a shack!"

by Anonymousreply 255July 16, 2024 2:49 AM

Anybody remember this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256July 16, 2024 3:01 AM

R256, Her TV Guide cover was suitable for framing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257July 16, 2024 3:56 AM

One diva awarding another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258July 16, 2024 3:58 AM

I wish I could forget Faye's Evita movie. What a turkey.

by Anonymousreply 259July 16, 2024 4:00 AM

R250, what are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 260July 16, 2024 4:05 AM

Faye and BrendaD should become roommates.

by Anonymousreply 261July 16, 2024 4:06 AM

The first time I saw Faye was when a friend and I went to see Bonnie and Clyde when it first came out. The ticket person in the booth asked if we were 17. The man standing behind us said we were. We got in and thanked him, we were sixteen. I like to think people are still that nice.

by Anonymousreply 262July 16, 2024 4:48 AM

Faye Dunaway had two problems that most certainly did not help her sagging career (Personality/Behavior issues aside): —She has no sense of humor —Inconsistent Box Office draw

If she wasn’t batshit insane (or not as batshit insane as she was), her career would’ve turned very differently.

by Anonymousreply 263July 16, 2024 6:02 AM

Another factor was her turning 40. 40 for an actress then was a big deal. Look at Jane Fonda and Barbra Streisand at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 264July 16, 2024 6:05 AM

She was raised by an alcoholic father

An alcohoic parent?

You are fucke up FOR LIFE

by Anonymousreply 265July 16, 2024 9:10 AM

An alcohlic parent?

Your life is done.

Her father was an alcoholic.

She's fucked.

We're all fucked.

Nobody can ever be normal with an alcoholiic parent

God Bless You Faye.

by Anonymousreply 266July 16, 2024 9:16 AM

Miss Dunaway serving up ham:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267July 16, 2024 12:26 PM

R267 Seeing this reminds that she's actually a pretty shitty actress.

All her roles after Network seem to be her just doing yet another version of Mommie Dearest.

by Anonymousreply 268July 16, 2024 12:46 PM

Years ago, I went to an anniversary screening of The Poseidon Adventure, where Carol Lynley appeared and was interviewed.

She told a really funny story about how she was staying at a bungalow at the Chateau Marmont in the 70s while she was filming a movie, and Faye Dunaway had the bungalow next to her. Faye came knocking frantically on Carol's bungalow door early one morning and insisted on coming into Carol's bungalow so she could look through her window into her own bungalow and see if the guy she took home the night before was still asleep in her bed.

by Anonymousreply 269July 16, 2024 1:01 PM

Oh God, Faye is amazingly, laughably bad in that EVITA PERSON clip. I saw the movie when it first aired, but I did not remember it or her being SO terrible.

by Anonymousreply 270July 16, 2024 2:00 PM

Faye as Calas just seems bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 271July 16, 2024 3:15 PM

She has a particular style of acting that isn't particularly suited for a lot of films which made her decline as she aged inevitable. She can play sexy and intense (with absolutely zero character range) but as women age, especially in Hollywood in the '80s, there aren't a whole lot of parts for that type.

by Anonymousreply 272July 16, 2024 5:17 PM

Faye playing Hepburn in the play Tea at Five was a horrible idea. First off, she was only playing the older Hepburn in the second act which was under an hour. The first act with younger Kate was cut for obvious reasons. Of course, the experience ended in tears especially for one little homosexual boy. I saw Kate Mulgrew do it at the old Promenade back in 2003(?) and she was fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 273July 16, 2024 5:50 PM

10 years ago Faye was honored for her work in Lyon ,France.

Don´t think i´ve ever seen her get emotional in puplic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274July 16, 2024 6:09 PM

I also saw Kate Mulgrew in Tea At Five and she was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 275July 16, 2024 6:43 PM

I wonder how she would look had she not fucked with her teeth. She said that she intended to get caps for Mommie Dearest and then didn’t. She was also wear braces about 15 years ago. She must have bad teeth. I wonder if she’s a smoker.

by Anonymousreply 276July 16, 2024 7:02 PM

She smoked for many years.

by Anonymousreply 277July 16, 2024 7:04 PM

[quote] I wonder if she’s a smoker.

The only. thing. I LIKED. about. HER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278July 16, 2024 10:14 PM

Pretty much every actor/actress from Faye's era smoked.

by Anonymousreply 279July 16, 2024 10:17 PM

R279 - And they're all DEAD or look it.

by Anonymousreply 280July 16, 2024 10:19 PM

Even Barbra smoked back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281July 16, 2024 10:24 PM

I'm surprised that they didn't discuss that she took a pay cut for Bonnie and Clyde in order to get her name above the title. It was a smart move on her part, but maybe it wasn't her idea so she didn't want to include it.

by Anonymousreply 282July 16, 2024 10:38 PM

Director Laurent Bouzereau On The Making Of His Faye Dunaway Documentary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283July 16, 2024 10:45 PM

R282, Is Faye aware that Morgan Fairchild was her stand-in during the “Bonnie and Clyde” filming?

by Anonymousreply 284July 16, 2024 11:33 PM

I’m still laughing about Faye’s missing teeth.

by Anonymousreply 285July 16, 2024 11:44 PM

R274 And after she exited the stage, she slapped the hell out of the guy who kept grabbing her mic and sticking it in her face.

by Anonymousreply 286July 17, 2024 1:57 AM

I watch this at least monthly and it never fails to make be laugh. When actors do monologues they fail to capture the spontaneous “mouth moving faster than brain” so evident here. Faye spits out “ob” then her brain catches up “OBSESSION” You can hear the brain thinking “good one!” as she continues “why can’t you be obsessed with POSITIVE things. It’s a work of art.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287July 17, 2024 10:12 AM

Faye needs to write a blog.

by Anonymousreply 288July 17, 2024 10:16 AM

As religious nymphomaniac Mrs. Pendrake in Little Big Man giving young Dustin Hoffman a bath- and probably a boner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289July 17, 2024 11:05 AM

This woman’s eventual “DEAD to me” is going to continue over at least six threads, isn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 290July 17, 2024 2:25 PM

Nobody is going to watch this ratty old slag in a documentary. She needs a new set of choppers. She looks homeless and clinically insane.

by Anonymousreply 291July 17, 2024 2:34 PM

Hey, she was only missing a couple of teefs on Kelly & Mark.

by Anonymousreply 292July 17, 2024 3:54 PM

Mario Cantone prank calling her as ancient Bette Davis was cut from the doc.

by Anonymousreply 293July 17, 2024 4:29 PM

R291, too late, everyone did.

by Anonymousreply 294July 17, 2024 5:21 PM

Faye has outlived all her enemies, and I love that for her!

by Anonymousreply 295July 17, 2024 6:10 PM

Faye's greatest accomplishment is she has outlived herself.

by Anonymousreply 296July 17, 2024 7:23 PM

[quote] Faye has outlived all her enemies, and I love that for her!

But has she outlived those damned wire hangers, though?

by Anonymousreply 297July 17, 2024 7:42 PM

If she really is broke, she can always sue her plastic surgeon--she would have an airtight case.

by Anonymousreply 298July 17, 2024 9:46 PM

What. A. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 299July 17, 2024 10:51 PM

^ Everyone agrees, Bette.

by Anonymousreply 300July 17, 2024 11:45 PM

The “dead to me’’ poster should say ‘’Dunaway is dead to me’’ everyday till it Really & Truly Comes To Pass.

by Anonymousreply 301July 17, 2024 11:49 PM

Who is the “so and so is dead to me’’ poster? They always seem to get the latest celeb death before anyone-amazing.

by Anonymousreply 302July 17, 2024 11:53 PM

The only problem with the new Faye Dunaway documentary? It should have been a 12-part series

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303July 21, 2024 12:10 AM

[quote]The only problem with the new Faye Dunaway documentary? It should have been a 12-part series

Fucking sadist!

by Anonymousreply 304July 21, 2024 12:49 AM

I absolutely loved this. It really made me like her, and it humanized her- Even the bipolar "excuses"- There is not doubt that Faye suffers from mental illness. Its very funny that even THIS really brushed over Mommie Dearest (At least Faye's views on it). This was excellent. She really loves her son, that made me happy.

And I particularly enjoyed Sharon Stone, Mickey Rourke, and Liam.

by Anonymousreply 305July 21, 2024 1:18 AM

I wanted to like it. And maybe I would have if you'd been nice enough to help me through the screening, like a gentleman.

by Anonymousreply 306July 21, 2024 1:24 AM

[quote]Who is the “so and so is dead to me’’ poster?

Many people, r302.

by Anonymousreply 307July 21, 2024 1:40 AM

Faye needs to use her Twitter account.

by Anonymousreply 308July 21, 2024 1:50 AM

[quote]I absolutely loved this. It really made me like her, and it humanized her- Even the bipolar "excuses"- There is not doubt that Faye suffers from mental illness.

It's easy for people such as you to "like" someone with mental illness if they don't have to work with them or deal with them directly. If the truth is that she's mentally ill and that could be controlled by drugs which she refuses to take, forgive me if I'm not at all sympathetic to her.

by Anonymousreply 309July 21, 2024 2:01 AM

r309 Lots of stars have been batshit. It's part of the busines.

by Anonymousreply 310July 21, 2024 2:04 AM

R309- oh no- DO NOT MISCONSTRUE-- I would kill this bitch. And I truly feel for anyone who had to work with her- in any capacity.

I really dug that Assistant Director from chinatown- He gave zero fucks and laid it on the table-

There are NO excuses for the recent shit, including the little homosexual boy.

And I forgot to mention- Mara Hobel is a mensch. What a sweetheart.

This DID humanize Faye, and she is clearly mentally ill- but I could NEVER fault anyone who was treated like shit by her, nor do I condone this. I think every negative word about Faye is true. But I felt for her. AND her victims!

by Anonymousreply 311July 21, 2024 2:11 AM

Thanks for your follow-up, R311, but feeling for someone is not the same as "liking" them, which is what you originally wrote, so thanks for re-phrasing.

by Anonymousreply 312July 21, 2024 2:37 AM

Does it end with Diana Scarwid strangling her?

“YAH NEVER LYKED ME! NEVER! NEVER!”

by Anonymousreply 313July 21, 2024 2:40 AM

R312- Its 1/2 bottle of red wine.

And I think what struck me the most was that this woman clearly has mental illness-

And Liam's vibe/words- really verified that for me.

by Anonymousreply 314July 21, 2024 2:41 AM

[quote]And I think what struck me the most was that this woman clearly has mental illness-

As long as she doesn't shoot her boy toy and leave him floating face down in the pool. I can see her descending the staircase as Maria Callas, ready for her close-up and Harvey Levin describing her descent into madness to the TMZ audience.

by Anonymousreply 315July 21, 2024 2:48 AM

Do we care what these two think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316July 21, 2024 6:56 AM

The son was absolutely gorgeous when he was younger.

by Anonymousreply 317July 21, 2024 7:02 AM

Women began wearing berets after “Bonnie and Clyde” was released just like they later began wearing crocheted hats after “Love Story” was released.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318July 21, 2024 7:09 AM

Considering this documentary was essentially rehabilitating Faye’s image, I’m surprised Rutanya Alda agreed to be interviewed.

by Anonymousreply 319July 21, 2024 7:23 AM

She looks like she smells of cat piss, Charlie, and vinegar from her very bad attempt of trying to douche with a homemade recipe.

by Anonymousreply 320July 21, 2024 8:03 AM

Something wrong with Charlie, R320?

by Anonymousreply 321July 21, 2024 8:14 AM

R320

Make up your mind Lucille

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322July 21, 2024 9:25 AM

R321

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323July 21, 2024 9:36 AM

It's only sortof a rehab. They admit she's been a handful and doesn't always take her meds. She's lucky to have her son, although she seems to be his career and probably his retirement plan. Still, only the most random people went on camera to talk about her. I was not aware that she had worked so much post-Mommie Dearest, although it all looks pretty forgettable.

She was awful in "Mommie Dearest", but the awfulness (not to mention the makeup and clothes) are what make it a camp classic.

Turning this into a 12-part series would have made it excruciating.

by Anonymousreply 324July 21, 2024 11:32 AM

What are the odds she was on her best behavior when working with the Wonderful Marlon Brando?

by Anonymousreply 325July 21, 2024 11:55 AM

r314 Why are you defending/apologizing? State your own opinion - who gives a fuck if that fat other fuck doesn't like your wording?

by Anonymousreply 326July 21, 2024 12:24 PM

r316 We don't know them. We don't watch stupid commentary from people like that.

by Anonymousreply 327July 21, 2024 12:26 PM

Does she have coke nose?

by Anonymousreply 328July 21, 2024 12:41 PM

r328 Perhaps it's damaged from plastic surgery

by Anonymousreply 329July 21, 2024 12:47 PM

She was such a beauty.

by Anonymousreply 330July 21, 2024 12:51 PM

Terry O'Neills website is fun checking out. Besides Faye he had them all in front of his lens, even Fayes nemesis Bette Davis.

I especially like his series of Audrey Hepburn in and by the pool. He managed to capture her a bit less "romantic" , dare i say frigid as usual

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331July 21, 2024 2:20 PM

Connecting an actor's onscreen personality with his or her offscreen reality tends to be a dicey proposition. But in "Faye," an addictive and essential portrait of Faye Dunaway, it turns out to be the right thing to do.

Variety

by Anonymousreply 332July 22, 2024 12:57 AM

Mickey Rourke should have just aged gracefully into character roles.

by Anonymousreply 333July 22, 2024 1:12 AM

In Boston, they used to call her “Faye-Do-It-My-Way.”

by Anonymousreply 334July 22, 2024 9:33 PM

The big winner in this documentary is Sharon Stone. She looks amazing, are you kidding me?

by Anonymousreply 335July 23, 2024 1:25 AM

Sharon should play the aging, tormented Christina in "For Reasons That Are Well Known to Her," with Faye again playing Joan in recurring nightmare sequences.

by Anonymousreply 336July 23, 2024 1:32 AM

Why not Mara Hobel?

by Anonymousreply 337July 23, 2024 4:26 AM

You just know that Sharon’s pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 338July 23, 2024 6:11 AM

[quote]Why not Mara Hobel?

The way you structured the question is very much the answer to the question. The business was set up that we should all envy and admire Mara because only Mara got to be the good one. And everyone should compete against Mara. I think Mara is an amazingly wonderful woman and actress. But in my opinion, quite frankly, there are other actresses equally as talented as Mara Hobel. The whole Mara Hobel iconography is part of what Hollywood does to women … Viola Davis is every bit the actress Mara Hobel is. Emma Thompson. Judy Davis. Olivia Colman. Kate Winslet, for f***’s sake. But you say Mara and everybody falls on the floor.

by Anonymousreply 339July 23, 2024 6:18 AM

R332

Rings true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340July 23, 2024 9:32 AM

It has to be said that it's a strange and motley selection of friends and colleagues who have been curated to talk on Faye's behalf. There's Rutanya Alda, who has previously dished for anyone who asked about Faye in diva mode on Mommie Dearest. There's the always annoying Columbia film professor Annette Insdorf, who is as emphatic as she is vacuous. There are a few actors and studio execs you've never heard of. And Sharon Stone, who at least has some insight into what happens to actresses in Hollywood beyond 40.

by Anonymousreply 341July 23, 2024 10:59 AM

R327 - the man is Alonso Duralde.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342July 23, 2024 11:14 AM

I am old, I adore movie stars, I've seen many of her movies, and I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT FAYE DUNAWAY..

by Anonymousreply 343July 23, 2024 12:12 PM

Hey, Faye!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344July 23, 2024 12:22 PM

Not sure i´m allowed to post a full link but for the poor people section i drop a hint in my signature where to enjoy the doc.

Ebnjoy it i did. The first hour focuses on her glorydays up to Mommie Dearest and it is a superb summary on what made her so riveting to watch in solid material with good directors. There are enough straigth forward statements on her problematic behaviour to give a sense how a manic depressiv star can inflict pain on the people around her. Anybody intrested in all the crazy details has tons of material available on the net. Her illness is addressed matter of factly without becoming sensationalistic and exibitonistic. We don´t get Faye in close-up being torturd by her illness a la Celine .There certainly is no opening-up to Oprah in the future and for my part i like that .Privacy is becoming a lost virtue in our day and age and Faye makes a clear short sharp statement on that matter.

My 2 cents

Before i move out of your eye -line ,i leave a not so well known slap fom Evita and toss some salad in honor of Faye

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345July 23, 2024 3:55 PM

Thank you, r345! I'm watching it now.

by Anonymousreply 346July 23, 2024 7:00 PM

R346 My pleasure!

Don´t tell Faye!

by Anonymousreply 347July 23, 2024 7:04 PM

Yeah Jack, this is Faye Dunaway... Look I've raced some of the stuff from the O'Neill interview but I'm not really interested in Terry O'Neill - he's a BIG, BIG LIAR and I'm really not interested in in him and you know all and dilly-dallying and carrying over Mommie Dearest...I don't even want to discuss it in my interview or on this Lloyd-Webber thing: those are NEGATIVES and I notice that you have nothing in about Marlon Brando, you have nothing in about Johnny Depp which I did two films with, I don't expect you to get get him for an interview, but you could put some footage in of the of the Kusturica movie which I was BRILLIANT in and it was not well sold in this country you can talk about the Marlon Brando film that I was wonderful in. All the POSITIVE things along that that period, the Marlon Brando film was going on at the same time that the Lloyd-Webber STUPIDITY was going on and you all have to put in the Lloyd-Webber STUPIDITY, you can't put in that I worked with the wonderful Marlon Brando and talk to the director of that movie FOR CHRISTSAKE! And I'm not gonna approve it and I'm really upset now because that uh for two nights now tried to thread through that STUPID interview with a with a man that I will not even waste my time discussing. And and you know who, suffice it to say, stopped working when he married me and pretended to be my manager for a very long time so LET'S NOT EVEN GO THERE! It's very upsetting to me! And then to put my uh our child in JEOPARDY the way he has. So I'm not interested in these NEGATIVE things that you all are putting in there with me in! I don't want Llloys-Webber in, I'd like you to cut him out, and I'd like you to really trim down everything to do with that Mommie Dearest, I'm not gonna talk about it, maybe one thing I'm gonna say about it and THAT'S ALL. It's just like uh you know an obsession, why can't you be obsessed about POSITIVE THINGS?! About Marlon Brando? About the Kusturica movie that was THE HIT OF ALL THE EUROPE AND CANNES? About uh, the film I did with Brando and talk to that, YOU KNOW?!

by Anonymousreply 348July 23, 2024 7:25 PM

r347 - I finished watching it. I totally enjoyed it. It was nice to see that beyond the alcoholism and mental illness, there's a gifted, intelligent and aware woman. And I'll always have her tardiness to thank for Bette coming out and entertaining the crowd.

by Anonymousreply 349July 23, 2024 8:56 PM

Was this only 4 years ago? She still looks pretty good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350July 24, 2024 9:23 AM

No it was 2008.

by Anonymousreply 351July 24, 2024 9:27 AM

that picture of Faye holding her academy award is not a good one.

by Anonymousreply 352July 24, 2024 5:09 PM

I love her in this old interview from when she was just starting. She sounds insightful, very intelligent and totally cooperative with the interviewer. I think Mommie Dearest almost destroyed her self-identity as a serious actress and as a movie star. We laughed at the whole thing but it must have been devastating to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353July 24, 2024 5:50 PM

[quote]It has to be said that it's a strange and motley selection of friends and colleagues who have been curated to talk on Faye's behalf.

Who else are they gonna get? A lot of the people Faye worked with are retired or in ill health. Or like Beatty who's become a recluse.

I'm surprised they couldn't get Diana Scarwid. Unless she turned them out, which is a strong possibility.

by Anonymousreply 354July 24, 2024 5:53 PM

Diana' was too busy working on her southern accent while in pre-production to the long-awaited sequel to Mommie Dearest, "Understand: The Theatrical Legacy of Christina!"

by Anonymousreply 355July 24, 2024 8:31 PM

R353, her southern accent really comes out there.

by Anonymousreply 356July 24, 2024 8:47 PM

[quote]I think Mommie Dearest almost destroyed her self-identity as a serious actress and as a movie star. We laughed at the whole thing but it must have been devastating to her.

If that movie were just an aberration in her career, it shouldn't have destroyed her career, and she should have had no trouble moving beyond it to do other good work. But I think the problem is that there was a steady decline in the quality of her performances as she began to overact more and more egregiously. EVITA PERON is another prime example of that, and there are some people who also feel she's way over the top in NETWORK, even in the context of that movie.

by Anonymousreply 357July 24, 2024 11:16 PM

Her cosmetic surgeries are unsurprisingly not mentioned, but the changes in her appearance are hard to ignore. Bouzereau illustrates that Dunaway was overdue for a bio documentary. I think an extra half-hour focused on her work beyond the film's ninety-minute running time would've improved it substantially.

by Anonymousreply 358July 25, 2024 4:24 AM

There’s something about Faye that reminds me of Jennifer Lopez.

Does anyone see this when watching the trailer? Perhaps it’s the chutzpah? Or that they were/are both sexy in a very unique way?

I dunno, but something’s there. Never picked up on it until I watched the trailer OP posted.

I’m not sure I’ll watch this. I feel like I (and most of us on DL, for that matter) know everything there is to know about Miss Faye.

by Anonymousreply 359July 25, 2024 4:38 AM

Faye has the talent to back up her arrogance and eccentricity. Jennifer doesn’t.

I remember when Faye played the head of a law firm in the cable series SOUL FOOD. Her appearance was odd - she couldn’t open her mouth, like she had lockjaw or something. And her face was pulled tight. Some really bad plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 360July 25, 2024 12:37 PM

R357 it was just her diva like behavior that killed her career: She had (and still has) no sense of humor and was an inconsistent box office draw.

People are more willing to put up with diva costars if they have a sense of humor, and production companies can tolerate diva behavior if they command consistent sales.

by Anonymousreply 361July 25, 2024 1:01 PM

Wasn’t just**

by Anonymousreply 362July 25, 2024 1:01 PM

And what was up with her nostrils? They seemed way off to me- like beyond natural aging-

by Anonymousreply 363July 25, 2024 2:28 PM

"Faye HAD the talent to back up her arrogance and eccentricity."

There, I fixed that for you.

by Anonymousreply 364July 25, 2024 3:31 PM

Her autobiography was an absolute bore. So true about her lack of humor. She should have had it ghostwritten.

by Anonymousreply 365July 25, 2024 4:28 PM

I don't agree that Faye is humorless. Just look at her comment about Three Days of the Condor and Redford in the R350 interview.

by Anonymousreply 366July 27, 2024 5:21 AM

Has anyone worked with Faye now that she’s been officially diagnosed? I’ve heard from someone that while she still has her moments, compared to 15-20 years ago it was a much smoother experience for all.

by Anonymousreply 367July 27, 2024 7:53 AM

R367, the situation described in this link was much more recent than "15-20 years ago." Perhaps you have somehow missed reading or hearing about this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368July 27, 2024 2:06 PM

R368 I forget to clarify if anyone else has worked with Faye ever since she’s been diagnosed and been taking medication? It was sort of hinted that she was diagnosed after the Tea at Five saga. if the diagnosis was before that then my apologies. I just remember someone saying that now that she’s on medication she’s still demanding but it wasn’t as relentless as it was before the diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 369July 27, 2024 7:30 PM

R369- Thats what it sounded like to me as well- That Faye got help after terrorizing the final little gay boy.

by Anonymousreply 370July 27, 2024 7:42 PM

Someone here stated that she started attending AA meetings 15 years ago. She also starred at that time in the made for TV-moie "Drunks".

I hope Liam gets a chance to hand her that vodka-martini before she takes her last breath.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371July 27, 2024 8:02 PM

Leslie Jordan [RIP] tells a little story I'll summarize here.

Leslie walks into a bookstore and happens upon Faye. He walks over to her and says hello, and she answers, "Yes?" He explains that he and she worked on a sitcom together called "It Had to Be You". She smiled wanly and says, "That was very long ago," and walks off. LOL

I hope they have more of those types of stories in her documentary. Haven't watched it yet.

by Anonymousreply 372July 28, 2024 2:36 AM

Helen Slater talks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373July 28, 2024 2:52 AM

Wow Robert Urich really chunked out for this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374July 28, 2024 3:02 AM

She's honest in the doc about her comedic abilities.

by Anonymousreply 375July 28, 2024 3:32 AM

r363, One loses lung capacity with age, many elderly will have nostril surgery thinking that they will breathe easier...that's not the case.

by Anonymousreply 376July 28, 2024 4:32 AM

Her former assistant was quoted by the NY Post in regards to her firing from Tea at Five, “I guess she’s not taking her medication.” Faye must have already had some diagnosis then.

by Anonymousreply 377July 28, 2024 4:45 AM

This thread is starting to piss me off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378July 28, 2024 6:27 AM

Brando Brando Brando

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379July 28, 2024 7:43 AM

You have no friends, Selena!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380July 28, 2024 7:59 AM

She looks like the boozed up and broken down Elizabeth Montgomery that never was.

by Anonymousreply 381July 28, 2024 8:24 AM

[quote]Her former assistant was quoted by the NY Post in regards to her firing from Tea at Five, “I guess she’s not taking her medication.” Faye must have already had some diagnosis then.

Yes, exactly.

by Anonymousreply 382July 28, 2024 7:25 PM

R348 Nobody does angry phone calls like Faye!

One actually earned her an Acadamy Award.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383July 28, 2024 8:35 PM

If Faye did monthly screenings and interviews over Mommie Dearest, most of her money troubles would vanish.

by Anonymousreply 384July 28, 2024 9:16 PM

Sympathy for the Diva: Why We Love ‘Difficult’ Stars

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385July 31, 2024 6:41 AM

Faye was a second-rate me.

by Anonymousreply 386July 31, 2024 11:56 AM

I wish Faye would do Cameo greetings.

by Anonymousreply 387July 31, 2024 12:16 PM

The writer of the R385 article says the first movie of hers she saw was Mommie Dearest. That's a lot to get past.

by Anonymousreply 388July 31, 2024 12:18 PM

Faysie is part of the pop culture universe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389July 31, 2024 2:57 PM

Faye would clean up on Cameo! Her son should facilitate that.

by Anonymousreply 390July 31, 2024 8:13 PM

"'Happy birthday. This isn't your first time at the rodeo?'.... 'Congratulations on your wedding day. You've just proved you DO know where to find the boys and the booze?'... 'Damnit. Buca de Beppo was YOUR place?' I'm not saying these. None of them. They all need a rewrite. Is Paddy available? Paddy Chayefsky. IS HE AVAILABLE? He's dead?! Get me Paul Rudnick."

by Anonymousreply 391July 31, 2024 9:13 PM

Faye was sensational in 'The Thomas Crown Affair."

by Anonymousreply 392July 31, 2024 11:24 PM

The Thomas Crown Affair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393July 31, 2024 11:26 PM

Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway in The Thomas Crown Affair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394July 31, 2024 11:28 PM

She was divine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395July 31, 2024 11:28 PM

TTCA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396July 31, 2024 11:31 PM

She aged so drastically in the 70s. All that booze did her in.

by Anonymousreply 397July 31, 2024 11:44 PM

She was absolutely beautiful, tall and willowy with exquisite bone structure in her face. Can’t remember exactly when she hit the wall.

by Anonymousreply 398August 1, 2024 1:37 PM

R398, it accelerated after Chinatown.

by Anonymousreply 399August 1, 2024 1:42 PM

Faye Dunaway: Day of the Locust, 1996

by David LaChapelle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400August 1, 2024 4:04 PM

R399 Give it a rest. I was stunned at how beautiful she was in that leaked commercial thing where she says she loves playing women then tells a fool to get out of her eyeline. That was the 90s?

by Anonymousreply 401August 1, 2024 4:16 PM

Miss Dunaway still looked good when she was doing that tv series and Columbo and Don Juan DeMarco. It was around the 2000s when her face work started looking botched.

by Anonymousreply 402August 1, 2024 6:37 PM

R400, I was exaggerating but her face did drastically change in the 70s. Not bad but she looked older than she was, at least compared to actresses in their 40s nowaydays. I'm guessing it was because she drank a ton plus the bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 403August 1, 2024 9:52 PM

R398- She definitely looked haggard in The Eyes of Laura Mars-- If I recall she was beautiful later in The Champ, but had gained some weight.

by Anonymousreply 404August 1, 2024 10:11 PM

That was meant for R401

by Anonymousreply 405August 1, 2024 10:18 PM

Faye, Liz and Liza in 1979

Each lady of this diva triple got her own documentary in 2024

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406August 1, 2024 10:36 PM

Are: Faye aging horribly, Don’t underestimate the lack of sunscreen usage too. I know a few family members that didn’t use it and it shows.

by Anonymousreply 407August 2, 2024 6:33 AM

R406 I find it kind of interesting how Liza and Liz look absolutely at ease, meanwhile Faye looks a drop uncomfortable

by Anonymousreply 408August 2, 2024 6:36 AM

Faye needs to fix her missing bottom tooth.

by Anonymousreply 409August 2, 2024 6:39 AM

Interview with Laurent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410August 2, 2024 3:59 PM

Found this story about Faye:

“ As a retail makeup artist for 40 years in the Boston area, I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue there in the late '70s early '80s, during the time that Ms Dunaway was married to Peter Wolf. They had an apartment in the Boylston, one of the Prudential towers next door to where I worked. Ms Dunaway was my client for a couple of years, and I routinely sold her fragrance and skin care. I realize that she is not liked in some circles, but she was always unfailingly kind and very sweet in her interactions with me. I would call her fairly shy, actually. She dressed very casually, usually in the then currently fashionable Ralph Lauren prairie skirt look, or in a sort of gypsy look. She rarely wore a stitch of makeup, and was pleasant and soft-spoken. Maybe the stress of her career has changed her, but was appearing in Boston at the Huntington Theater in "Tea at Five," a dear friend working at the theater company told me that she was extremely difficult to all the personnel. I was sorry to hear that, because I still remember how nice she was. We went to the opening night performance, and although the critics were not happy with her portrayal of Katharine Hepburn, I thought that apart from a little bit of opening night forgetfulness and nerves that she was rather good.”

by Anonymousreply 411August 2, 2024 5:38 PM

R411, that story is confusing. How did we get from Faye in the '70s and '80s, when she was married to Peter Wolf to "Tea at Five," which she did in 2019? Where was the transition?

by Anonymousreply 412August 2, 2024 7:02 PM

Jesus, r412. It's someone's post on a internet board, not a novel up for the Pulitzer.

by Anonymousreply 413August 2, 2024 7:45 PM

R411, if the stress of her career was the main reason for Faye's horrific behavior, it seems to me that would be far more likely to have been the case at the height of her career in the late '70s and early '80s, rather than in more recent years. I think a better guess is that, at some point, she became bi-polar and, apparently even by her own son's admission, she doesn't always take her meds.

by Anonymousreply 414August 2, 2024 8:20 PM

Her son is cute.

by Anonymousreply 415August 3, 2024 1:48 AM

I met Faye at LAX a few years ago. She was very charming and knowledgeable about the industry. It’s a shame she never got the proper help she needed when she was younger; her career would’ve had a different trajectory,

by Anonymousreply 416August 3, 2024 2:49 PM

Honest question, do we have any idea about how long she has been considered to be bipolar? Is it within the past decade or two, or does her history of erratic behavior extend back further than that?

by Anonymousreply 417August 5, 2024 9:30 PM

Probably somewhere between 2009 and now.

by Anonymousreply 418August 6, 2024 12:39 AM

People don't just "get" bipolar disorder, do they?

Isn't it always there, but sometimes it doesn't always manifest itself?

by Anonymousreply 419August 6, 2024 12:43 AM

No, r419. It has to be triggered. The gene is there or you get a really bad concussion. Drugs can also trigger it like schizophrenia. If you have the gene it doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll get it but you have a chance. Faye’s father was an alcoholic. He probably had mental health issues too. Bipolars self medicate.

by Anonymousreply 420August 6, 2024 1:11 AM

R418 she was officially diagnosed after getting fired from Tea At Five in 2019. But her erratic behavior was always there, it just got worse with age.

by Anonymousreply 421August 6, 2024 5:26 AM

Don't fuck with me, doctor. This aint my first time at bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 422August 6, 2024 11:23 AM

R419: It used to be considered typical for it to appear in the 30s or 40s, but some people display frank symptoms (esp. mania) in their late teens or early 20s. Most likely, it coincided with the decline of her career, so probably 30s or 40s for her.

by Anonymousreply 423August 6, 2024 12:43 PM

Thanks to all for your thoughts on how long she has been bipolar, and thanks R421 for clearing that up about the official diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 424August 6, 2024 2:44 PM

If anyone fits bipolar disorder to a tee it’s Faye.

by Anonymousreply 425August 6, 2024 4:24 PM

When Faye was living in Boston she was married to Peter Wolf and was an active heroin addict.

It tends to calm the crazy.

And I call bullshit on her sudden late-life bipolar diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 426August 8, 2024 1:45 PM

You trashed Liza's documentary and now you think you can stab me in the back? Forget it!

by Anonymousreply 427August 8, 2024 2:47 PM

[quote]And I call bullshit on her sudden late-life bipolar diagnosis.

Do you mean that you don't believe she's bipolar, or you do believe it but you think she was actually diagnosed years ago? Obviously, there's SOMETHING very wrong with her, and I don't know that it would be fully explainable by drug use.

by Anonymousreply 428August 8, 2024 2:53 PM

Faye should do the female The Odd Couple with Sharon Stone.

I'd rather see you wear a potato sack then go out looking like a tramp!

by Anonymousreply 429August 9, 2024 5:17 AM

When is the Liza documentary going to be picked up?

by Anonymousreply 430August 9, 2024 5:43 AM

I'll be doing the picking up of Liza, you bitch. Now stay away from my golden nest egg--I mean, MY BEST FRIEND!

by Anonymousreply 431August 10, 2024 1:33 AM

You just know Faye would’ve lashed out at that caller who asked about Mommie Dearest if it was being recorded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432August 10, 2024 9:13 PM

wasn’t*

by Anonymousreply 433August 10, 2024 9:15 PM

found this story someplace else:

“I was behind her in line at Mayfair market in WeHo several years ago when she had a complete meltdown that dissolved into a teary, crying jag. She had dialed through so many emotions in about 10 minutes it was fascinating! From the imperious star, to the laughing imbecilic, to the screeching mad woman, the pouty bitch, the condescending star, the poutyPrincess tothe 3-year old having a tantrum. She was all over the place! And she lashed out at everyone who tried to de-escalate the situation. She screamed at tge checker, demanded the manager, yelled at him and stomped her foot. Because I was behind her in line, she took that to mean that I was on her side (I didn't even know what the problem had been until later.) She made such a scene that people came up front to hear what all the shouting was about (she was incensed that the store didn't carry a certain type of butter!) Finally, someone went in back and found some other Butter that was similar to what she wanted and then she proceeded to write a check for it. Before sh left she looked at me, rolled her eyes and muttered "The incompetensss!" emphasizing the sibilant "s" sound. Then, as I started to put my things on the counter she turned to look at me and shouted loudly "and thank YOU for coming to my rescue, SIR!" before sailing out to her aopointment. .. . It was sad.”

by Anonymousreply 434August 12, 2024 9:33 PM

r434, If I witnessed that I'd start laughing, which I'm quite certain would NOT be well received.

by Anonymousreply 435August 12, 2024 9:40 PM

R434 She wrote a check?

by Anonymousreply 436August 13, 2024 12:40 PM

It’s wild just how much bipolar disorder can fuck with your mind. I’ve met people who’ve worked with Faye and some said she was perfectly reasonable and unproblematic and then there are others who said they would rather resort to crime to get by than work with Faye ever again.

by Anonymousreply 437August 14, 2024 8:08 AM

The Academy Award winner said she “dug deep” to discuss her experiences with bipolar disorder and alcoholism in Faye.

“Cathartic is a good word. It was,” Dunaway told The Independent. “To look at it all and see what it added up to. It was difficult sometimes, because it is very private to me. I was a bit wary at seeing it all out there, but that’s the process — it’s the whole point of the film, the sharing of who I am. I dug deep!”

by Anonymousreply 438August 14, 2024 10:40 AM

These two are quite good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439August 14, 2024 10:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!