Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which one of you bitches is Pink Pony Paw Paw?

Most of Chappell Roan’s fanbase may be Gen Z, but that doesn’t mean there’s an age limit on loving her music.

An older fan of Roan has gone viral after being filmed at a recent concert in South Carolina. The video sees him dancing and lip syncing every word to her hit song “Pink Pony Club” — so, naturally, the internet has dubbed him “Pink Pony Pawpaw.” Folks are obsessed with everything about him, from his on-theme pink polo shirt, to his mastery of the lyrics, to the sheer fact of someone in their old age still loving and appreciating Roan as much as the rest of

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 2, 2024 4:26 PM

I'm not him but I fucking love her. I have listened to nothing else for the last 48 hours. She's a top pop girly.

by Anonymousreply 1June 27, 2024 6:27 AM

Is she less vacuous than. Taylor Swift? I like what I'm seeing so far, but I want to be sure before I deep dive.

by Anonymousreply 2June 27, 2024 6:42 AM

R2 Don't even mention that mid-bitch in the same breath, please. No. She is nothing like Taylor Fucking Swift. What is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 3June 27, 2024 6:46 AM

R1 I just went on a deep dive too. Wanted to see what all the hype was about.

She's the best thing since peak Gaga. She can really sing. Has fantastic songs. And has the It Factor in spades.

by Anonymousreply 4June 27, 2024 7:52 AM

Thank you, Mother Roan. So nice of you to help the "cause."

Burffff.

by Anonymousreply 5June 27, 2024 12:23 PM

What I love about her is that she sings in her powerful feminine voice instead of this squeaky crap that's been trendy since Lorde. No vocal fry with this gal!

by Anonymousreply 6June 28, 2024 2:09 PM

I love Hot to Go! It's my official song of the summer!

by Anonymousreply 7June 28, 2024 2:45 PM

I TOLD YOU SO!

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2024 4:48 AM

The first time I heard the name “Chappell Roan”, I thought it was a cheap claiming horse with an uninspired name.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2024 4:52 AM

Is that his partner to his left?

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2024 2:22 PM

She's just Taylor + Billie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2024 2:32 PM

A lot more soul than Taylor l, a lot less manufactured than Billie

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2024 2:36 PM

I'm seeing her in Chicago at Lollapalooza in August. My old ass Millennial self is super excited! Every time I like one song, I hear another with a good hook and message. This is my latest love affair from her album. Makes me remember jamming out to songs like this when I was a moody, lonely, teenager stuck in a Midwest closet watching my friends all date, fuck, and live it up in High School.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2024 8:55 AM

What's heartwarming about all of this is the kids are making videos on TikTok about this, recognising how much older gay men have been through and all we lost from HIV/AIDS. They're really not that bad, y'all.

by Anonymousreply 14June 30, 2024 9:49 AM

Or, a cynic might say elder gay male history and trauma is being appropriated and repackaged to build this pop chick's "queer icon" brand.

That's what this text reads like, to moi:

"Those videos’ comments are full of folks saying they can’t help but cry when they see Pink Pony Pawpaw, but why is he such a tearjerker? He reminds folks of all the elder LGBTQ+ people who left us too soon — be they relatives, friends, beloved celebrities, or all those lost to the AIDS crisis — who never got to experience the visibility and joy of a queer superstar like Roan and no doubt would have loved her music."

Please tell me about the masses of Lesbians and Queers and "+" who "left us too soon" dying of AIDS. "Queers" wasn't even a category for crissakes.

by Anonymousreply 15June 30, 2024 11:15 AM

I mean the dude is great but something about the meme has the necessary maudlin, young navel gazing of this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2024 11:22 AM

The only thing we learned about you, r15, is that you're an insufferable cunt. But thanks for illustrating to everyone here that you can make a choice between the dark side and the progressive side. Certainly know what side you're on.

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2024 12:10 PM

What a weird thread with the same person replying over and over.

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2024 12:16 PM

What a weird comment to make when there was an actual point-counterpoint discussion happening on a... discussion board.

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2024 12:23 PM

R19 is OP and R17. And posted 8 times in this little thread. And apparently considers calling me a "insufferable cunt" and "on the dark side" to be constructive point-counterpoint discussion.

by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2024 12:30 PM

Made no secret of either, r20. You missed that I signed my post at r19, clarifying that you're a bad actor who only wants to stir up shit. But you know what you're doing.

by Anonymousreply 21June 30, 2024 12:40 PM

And I mean the technical definition of bad actor,.not.jist some loose term. More info on that here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2024 12:43 PM

If you watch any interview with her - she’s obnoxious and seems quite unstable. I think she’s one of those attention seekers who is publicly bipolar and queer etc. Her real name is something like Kayleigh and she’s from the Midwest.

But I agree that her voice is beautiful and her songs are great. I can listen to her album straight through - no bad songs. Plus her newer songs (not even on the album) are great.

by Anonymousreply 23June 30, 2024 12:47 PM

I have a few of her songs on my playlist. I like the songs but she’s a typical indie girl pop girl today. She’s being singled out for her image, which I think is great but she’s not a breath of fresh air if you’ve been listening to this type of music for a while lol.

It’s too bad Caroline Polachek never broke through to the mainstream.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 30, 2024 12:48 PM

Polachek is fantastic, and I love how she doesn't take herself too seriously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 30, 2024 12:51 PM

R11 No that’s not Taylor / Billie.

That’s indie girl pop. The blend of 80s, 90s, and 2000s sound.

It’s all over Spotify lol.

I feel bad for people who don’t have Spotify and don’t have the pleasure of all the one-song wonder gems that are popular.

Spotify is its own world.

That’s why I’m annoyed of the payola that’s going on right now with Sabrina Carpenter and Charli XCX where they’re popping up on people’s auto play. It’s definitely going to take away discovering little gem songs now if record labels are going to turn Spotify into a payola radio system now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 30, 2024 12:55 PM

Gays truly have the worst taste in music.

by Anonymousreply 27June 30, 2024 12:55 PM

R25 What’s sad is people who grew up in the 70s and 80s who think music is “crap” today don’t know about artists like Caroline (and many others) who are right up their alley. A lot of them don’t have Spotify or know how to discover artists like her and only have the radio and etc.

My grandmother (who’s 81) firmly believes she grew up listening to Camera Obscura’s “French Navy” and “The Sweetest Thing”. I never told her those songs came out in 2009, she thinks they came out in the 60s and has a false memory of them.

I’m in my 30s and I have retro playlists mixed with new stuff and sometimes I can’t tell if a song is from the 70s or 80s or 90s or now.

Millennial artists are really good at nostalgia music and it’s a shame those generations are unaware of it and think music is just Taylor Swift type of music or Cardi B type of music or nothing at all.

by Anonymousreply 28June 30, 2024 1:04 PM

New album and single drops Friday!

by Anonymousreply 29July 1, 2024 6:17 AM

Omg MARY! "I get it now!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 2, 2024 5:06 AM

WTF is going on with her makeup at the OP? She looks like Dee Snider from Twisted sister.

Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 31July 2, 2024 5:15 AM

It's her schtick, and not the best part of it. She looked a bit better/put together on her Tonight Show appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 2, 2024 5:17 AM

Wow. Late to the party again. She's fucking amazing, even if a touch staged, but the song is beyond brilliant. Killer melody.

And as someone who had one of those kind of relationships once upon a time, lyrically it is the lacerating kiss off I more than l wish I had penned.

by Anonymousreply 33July 3, 2024 8:29 PM

Watching her on Fallon was similar to when I first saw Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 34July 3, 2024 8:30 PM

Her background makes no sense. Her mom was a veterinarian but she grew up in a trailer park?

by Anonymousreply 35July 3, 2024 8:33 PM

She probably pretends to be poorer than she is.

She’s some middle class white girl obsessed with “drag.”

It’s bullshit but the songs are catchy and her voice is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 36July 3, 2024 8:36 PM

She looks annoying.

by Anonymousreply 37July 3, 2024 10:25 PM

R34 I keep saying the same thing, though she's not quite in Gaga's league. Gaga was more polished from day one. And went waayy bigger. But it's clear that Roan is a big fan of Gaga.

But now that I've listened to more of Roan's music, the music itself is much more Taylor Swift (but with way more edge and bite) than peak Gaga, but it's still really great.

The hooks are big, the melodies just different enough and her voice is wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 38July 3, 2024 10:40 PM

I've now digested enough of the album to be even more ashamed of being so late to the party..

Damn. She's a keeper.

by Anonymousreply 39July 4, 2024 2:44 AM

And there's a new one dropping tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 40July 4, 2024 6:37 AM

R35 Maybe she was a lousy veterinarian

by Anonymousreply 41July 6, 2024 4:44 PM

This song is in my head and she has very nice vocal chops. She’s the new Lady Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 42July 21, 2024 3:06 PM

I love her. She’s pop without being boring and shallow. She’s also got her own solid image unlike Gagme who is a ripoff artist theater geek who has no personality and tries to compare herself to Bowie. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 43July 21, 2024 5:40 PM

Chappell Roan is revealing why she’s actively trying to avoid reaching another level of fame for the time being.

The “Good Luck, Babe!” singer, who has found her way into the spotlight this year, recently shared on the Comment Section podcast that she’s started to feel unsafe due to some of her fans’ behavior. This has led her to want to “pump the brakes” on fame

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 21, 2024 5:48 PM

You're missing out If you haven't watched Chappell's tiny desk concert,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 2, 2024 4:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!