Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Favorite conspiracy theory

It doesn't have to be one you believe in. Mine is that Stephen King killed John Lennon. For 40 years this guy has been getting the word out that Mark David Chapman was framed. Supposedly Reagan and Nixon put King up to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 10, 2024 10:42 PM

This is actionable, meaning you can be sued. Make it clear you’re not the one spreading libelous claims as opposed to reporting on them. You might not believe the conspiracy, but these posts get misconstrued. I wonder how long this thread will last.

by Anonymousreply 1June 27, 2024 4:19 AM

Too bad Lennon was photographed with Chapman minutes before the shooting and then remained on the scene until the police arrived. What a stupid thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 2June 27, 2024 4:20 AM

My favorite conspiracy theory is that Oprah really likes dick…….

by Anonymousreply 3June 27, 2024 4:23 AM

OP's trolling ass stinks. And that's not a conspiracy theory.

by Anonymousreply 4June 27, 2024 4:23 AM

Yes shut your big libelous gay mouth OP

Stephen King is a good man

by Anonymousreply 5June 27, 2024 4:24 AM

[quote]Too bad Lennon was photographed with Chapman minutes before the shooting

That was several hours before

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 27, 2024 4:29 AM

I've seen several of these conspiracy vehicles through the years. A couple was converted school buses. What kind of psychiatric disorder makes someone go to this extreme to air their views??

by Anonymousreply 7June 27, 2024 4:51 AM

PeRvErT CaNcEr

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 27, 2024 6:12 AM

I saw that exact van in Monterey, CA in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 9June 27, 2024 6:16 AM

I tried to read the Lennon guy's theory but his website is just as crazy as his ideas.

by Anonymousreply 10June 27, 2024 11:34 AM

In [italic]Sneakers[/italic], Dan Aykroyd's character mentions Pete Rose having been set up. That was a conspiracy theory he got from his brother.

by Anonymousreply 11June 27, 2024 1:08 PM

Playmate Shera Bechard didn't get pregnant by a Trump donor. She got pregnant by Donald Trump, who notoriously doesn't wear condoms. However, she did not get an abortion as legal papers state, but decided to have the baby and ca$h in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 27, 2024 2:34 PM

My Stephen King theory is that wife Tabitha writes his books.

by Anonymousreply 13June 27, 2024 2:36 PM

No, R13. Tabitha's mother twitches her nose and the manuscripts appear, neatly typed and ready for the publisher.

by Anonymousreply 14June 27, 2024 5:29 PM

I've been transfixed by the DB Cooper case since high school.

Sometimes I think it was an inside job, which would account for why DB Cooper and (most) of the money were never found.

But then sometimes I think the father of the boy who found part of the ransom money in 1980 had some connection to the case.

I really think it's the most fascinating unsolved crime in American jurisprudence. There are just so many layers, so many suspects, so many potential explanations. For that reason, I kind of hope it's never solved.

by Anonymousreply 15June 27, 2024 5:37 PM

Ivana was murdered.

by Anonymousreply 16June 28, 2024 10:25 AM

My favorite because it's the most absurd. Flat earth 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 28, 2024 10:37 AM

How about the newest one?

by Anonymousreply 18July 16, 2024 5:03 AM

Roswell.

by Anonymousreply 19July 16, 2024 5:10 AM

He gives all us conspiracy theorists a bad name.

by Anonymousreply 20July 16, 2024 8:24 AM

Conspiracy theory that Joe Biden hasn't got a path to victory.

by Anonymousreply 21July 16, 2024 8:28 AM

A lot of black schizos ten years ago claimed Will.i.am was the leader of the global shadow government

by Anonymousreply 22July 16, 2024 11:40 AM

Thomas Crooks was kidnapped and murdered so they could launch a false flag operation to fake a Trump assassination attempt. All crisis actors. There are no wide shots of the event- only aftermath photos of empty bleachers and trash scattered about.

by Anonymousreply 23July 16, 2024 1:08 PM

1. The Warming Pan Incident

2. Louis XIV was replaced by his long-thought-dead brother, the mysterious Man in the Iron Mask.

3. Louis XIV's consort, Maria Theresa, gave birth to a Black baby.

4. Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna of Russia survived the massacre in the cellar on the night of July 16/17, 1918 and died the widow of a history professor in Charlottesville, VA in 1984.

5. Tsar Alexander I faked his death in 1825 to live as a hermit, dying in 1864.

6. The Jesuits were behind Lincoln's assassination.

by Anonymousreply 24July 16, 2024 1:34 PM

Granny did it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 16, 2024 1:47 PM

Walt Disney is cryogenically frozen

by Anonymousreply 26July 16, 2024 3:43 PM

I still love the lizard people theories of 2016 - with videos of weird eye slips. They never show a video of the person licking their own eyeball, just weird twitches or possible third eyelids.

by Anonymousreply 27July 16, 2024 4:00 PM

Hillary killing Vince Foster. If it were true I probably would have voted for her. It makes her seem more human and likeable.

by Anonymousreply 28July 16, 2024 6:21 PM

Before the internet crackpot conspiracy theories remained in isolated pockets of our society. Today everyone has a platform to either spread whatever contrary and/or deluded ideas they may have an a subject, or certain groups use conspiracies to gaslight people to create chaos and to obtain notoriety and power.

by Anonymousreply 29July 16, 2024 6:39 PM

I find this thread intriguing.

by Anonymousreply 30August 10, 2024 9:31 PM

[quote] Op is ocd

by Anonymousreply 31August 10, 2024 9:35 PM

R31 I didn’t start this thread psycho

by Anonymousreply 32August 10, 2024 9:39 PM

Jeff Gannon serviced someone high up in Dubya's administration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 10, 2024 9:42 PM

R33, There is no other reasonable explanation for his presence. Jeff's the OG "Fake News"!

I AM NOT SEEKING DISCUSSION OF WHAT FOLLOWS ⬇⬇⬇!

MY "favorite" CTs are those I've read most about:

The assassination of JFK; and the destruction of the WTC, 9/11/01.

Second Tier concern two famous men entangled in a Big Cover-up of an accidental death:

Chappaquiddick, Mary Jo Kopechne, and Ted Kennedy; and Hopewell, NJ, Baby Lindbergh, and Charles Lindbergh.

Airplanes:

MH-370 was pilot murder-suicide; and TWA-800 was hit by a US Navy missile.

Ancient structures:

Sacsayhuaman was built by the "giants in those days"; and the Great Pyramid was a power source, together with the Obelisk.

Other:

Private banks such as the "Federal" Reserve Bank (most genius branding in human history, as how many think it's part of our government?) control the men who control policies;

Antonin Scalia was murdered.

by Anonymousreply 34August 10, 2024 10:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!