Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Robert Zemeckis's Here

Tom Hanks and Robin Wright are de-aged and aged throughout the entire film which appears to have been shot in the flattest lighting possible to make the visual effects work easier. (It's still not good)

The film is also shot from the same vantage point from an unmoving camera that exists from the dinosaurs through the colonial era to today.

I don't understand how he still gets financing. Even Francis Ford Coppola wouldn't do something this self-indulgent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2024 10:01 PM

[quote] The film is also shot from the same vantage point from an unmoving camera..

It's like there's a security camera in the living room that is stationary and is used throughout the entire film. It never moves and it never zooms. Close ups are achieved by actors physically moving closer to the camera.

Groundbreaking, or something. At the very least, it's interesting. Best cinematography will go to Ring Door Bell Camera.

by Anonymousreply 1June 27, 2024 1:47 AM

[QUOTE]Director of Contact

This is a source of pride for Zemeckis?

by Anonymousreply 2June 27, 2024 2:02 AM

Sounds like a flop.

by Anonymousreply 3June 27, 2024 2:19 AM

I hope someone runs with part of this concept and delivers a fresh as frost out on the pumpkin third season of “Bosom Buddies”!

by Anonymousreply 4June 27, 2024 2:25 AM

I am a sucker for shit like this. Boyhood is a personal favorite.

It's novelistic and I love novels more than film. So I tend to be drawn to these types of movies when they come around.

by Anonymousreply 5June 27, 2024 3:12 AM

I still haven't seen "Forrest Gump" and will probably wait at least 30 years to see this one.

by Anonymousreply 6June 27, 2024 6:54 AM

Do you have 30 years left, hun?

by Anonymousreply 7June 27, 2024 11:32 AM

Meh, more mushy tripe from Hanks and Zemekis

by Anonymousreply 8June 27, 2024 11:51 AM

Will Hanks sneak more CIA propaganda into this one?

by Anonymousreply 9June 27, 2024 1:42 PM

The ads for this film are popping up on TV now.

This looks like utter dreck.

by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2024 1:33 PM

I loved the graphic novel this was based on- it’s the visual equivalent of a tone poem with its poignant era-skipping.

It’s impact was rooted in the contrast between the permanence of places, the ephemeral nature of human existence, and the echoes left by the emotional upheavals in our lives.

I’m not convinced this will translate to film.

by Anonymousreply 11October 20, 2024 4:00 PM

Remember when he tried to make motion capture animation happen? The dead-eyed characters from those films still haunt me in my dreams.

by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2024 9:50 PM

Dreary.

No one is going to the movies because all these films are so joyless.

by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2024 10:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!