Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Steven van de Velde

A Dutch volleyball player who was jailed for raping a 12-year-old girl has qualified to compete in the Paris Olympics next month.

Steven van de Velde was 19 when he flew from the Netherlands to the UK to meet the schoolgirl in August 2014 after the pair started chatting on Facebook before taking her virginity.

The sportsman, who knew how young the girl was at the time, was sentenced in March 2016 to four years in prison after admitting three counts of rape.

But despite the judge at the time telling Van de Velde his promising career was a 'shattered dream', the volleyball player is set to return to limelight after sealing his spot at the Paris Games in July.

The 29-year-old has qualified in the national pair with his partner Matthew Immers, who are now the 11th-ranked team in the world, according to The Telegraph.

During his trial just less than a decade ago, Aylesbury Crown Court heard how van de Velde had travelled to the UK and met up with his victim and had sex with her.

Sandra Beck, prosecuting, told the court at the time: 'She describes that she had met Steven Van de Velde on Facebook, they spoke regularly through that and he made her 'feel special'.

'She certainly made it clear she was seven years younger than him. This relationship over social media was taking place over a period of time.'

The volleyball player's victim had added him as a friend on Facebook after he commented favourably on one of her photos, the court heard.

They began to speak on a daily basis over Facebook, Snapchat and Skype before he arranged to visit her, arriving in Milton Keynes in August 2014.

The schoolgirl told her family she was staying with a friend and snuck out to try and book a hotel with the older teenager, aged 19 at the time.

When they couldn't find a room, they went to Furzton Lake in the town, where they drank Baileys and she performed a sex act on him.

The following day, after the pair slept in cardboard boxes under a stairway at Premier Inn, having again been unable to book a room, she took him to her empty house and he took her virginity.

Before he returned to the Netherlands Van de Velde advised her to get the morning after pill as they had not used contraception. It was her visit to a family planning clinic that alerted the authorities, who stepped in because of the girl's young age.

The sportsman, of Westeinde 46, Voorburg, the Netherlands, was extradited to the UK on January 8, when he was arrested on suspicion of the sex acts. He later admitted three counts of rape against a child.

Van de Velde was released from prison in 2017 after servicing just a year of his four year sentence.

Following his release, he said: 'I do want to correct all the nonsense that has been written about me when I was locked up.

'I did not read any of it, on purpose, but I understand that it was quite bad, that I have been branded as a sex monster, as a paedophile. That I am not, really not.

'Everyone can have their opinion about me, but it is only fair if they also know my side of the story.' __________________________

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 2, 2024 5:09 AM

NOT GUILTY!

by Anonymousreply 1June 26, 2024 1:23 PM

[quote] Before he returned to the Netherlands Van de Velde advised her to get the morning after pill as they had not used contraception.

See? He cared.

by Anonymousreply 2June 26, 2024 1:30 PM

An article that ends “ Everyone can have their opinion about me, but it is only fair if they also know my side of the story.“ probably should include his “side” of the story. Waiting to hear what justifies international travel to have sex with a middle school child.

by Anonymousreply 3June 26, 2024 1:34 PM

He has derpface, throw him in the lion pit.

by Anonymousreply 4June 26, 2024 1:34 PM

He plays the kind of volleyball where the men keep their shirts on.

BORING.

by Anonymousreply 5June 26, 2024 1:48 PM

That's sad, I saw the photo before I saw the article and I said "That man has a nice BDF."

by Anonymousreply 6June 26, 2024 1:51 PM

He's not cute so is not forgiven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 26, 2024 2:01 PM

He needs to be snuffed.

by Anonymousreply 8June 26, 2024 2:03 PM

I'LL DO IT! Sorry thought you said sniffed.

by Anonymousreply 9June 26, 2024 2:06 PM

You know, I could almost rationalize if the girl were 16, and he was 19. Couple that with the delayed adolescence of being a professional athlete and you have a recipe for very bad decisions and sexual abuse.

But 12 years old? C'mon - that's just sick.

While reprehensible, there doesn't seem to be any laws about convicted felons competing in the Olympics. I think the only requirement is the IOC or some body has to rule that you've "paid your debt" to society.

So, the real issue is that some group voted and determined he can compete.

by Anonymousreply 10June 26, 2024 2:08 PM

He's vile, but I suppose they will say he served his time. Where was the backlash when he compted in the qualifiers? Besides... it's France, where they shrug their shoulders at that sort of thing, if not outright celebrate it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 26, 2024 2:10 PM

I would have fucked a Dutch 12 year old girl, but they were already all used up. What would you have me do-- fuck a 13 year old?

And now you've heard my side of the story.

by Anonymousreply 12June 26, 2024 2:14 PM

Who lets him represent a country? Christ.

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2024 2:30 PM

Words wound you know. Words wound.

by Anonymousreply 14June 26, 2024 2:33 PM

And Donald Trump could be president again......

by Anonymousreply 15June 26, 2024 2:37 PM

and now it's a Trump thread.

by Anonymousreply 16June 26, 2024 2:39 PM

He's gross, but he went through the system and served his time, and will have the pedo asterisk accompanying his name for the rest of his natural life. What more is there to say.

by Anonymousreply 17June 26, 2024 2:48 PM

He had unprotected sex with a. TWELVE year old and then told her to take a morning after pill. Consciousness of guilt. Yes, he went through the system. And you'd think he would shut up about the entire affair. But, no, he's offended by others' opinion of him and he wants to explain his side of the story.

What the fuck could your side of the story be? Whatever sentence he served, it obviously wasn't enough.

I hope there is a morals clause somewhere that bites him in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 18June 26, 2024 3:08 PM

[quote] that bites him in the ass.

Sounds hot!

by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2024 3:10 PM

He should come to the US and run for Congress!

by Anonymousreply 20June 26, 2024 3:17 PM

It wasn't rape-rape.

by Anonymousreply 21June 26, 2024 3:26 PM

Donald Trump allegedly fucked a 13 year old and yet he still became president. Two horrible and inexcusable acts that don't require the man's side of the story for an explanation.

by Anonymousreply 22June 26, 2024 4:00 PM

He looks like a retarded and blonde version of Pietro Bocelli.

by Anonymousreply 23June 26, 2024 4:07 PM

He's 6'6" tall - that makes it that much more vomitous because it exacerbates the age difference between the full grown adult and tween child.

by Anonymousreply 24June 26, 2024 4:15 PM

He said he wants to tell his side of the story.

We’re still waiting.

by Anonymousreply 25June 26, 2024 4:46 PM

[quote] He's gross, but he went through the system and served his time, and will have the pedo asterisk accompanying his name for the rest of his natural life. What more is there to say.

I’ll say more R17. The idea that someone can rape a 12 year old and only do a year in prison is ludicrous. How about upping the minimum time served for crimes like these, considering he could have given her an STD or gotten her pregnant?

The “system” you speak of is repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 26June 26, 2024 5:03 PM

I could almost, ALMOST agree he has done his time so let him play his retarded sport, but the lack of remorse revealed with his 'my side of the story' proclamation means he'll do it again. BAN the fucker.

by Anonymousreply 27June 26, 2024 5:28 PM

[quote] When they couldn't find a room, they went to Furzton Lake in the town, where they drank Baileys and she performed a sex act on him.

[quote]The following day, after the pair slept in cardboard boxes under a stairway at Premier Inn, having again been unable to book a room, she took him to her empty house and he took her virginity.

This is some Merchant Ivory shit.

by Anonymousreply 28June 26, 2024 5:32 PM

France is home to rapists. Have we forgotten Polanski? He fits in with the Paris Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 29June 26, 2024 5:33 PM

[quote] He's 6'6" tall - that makes it that much more vomitous because it exacerbates the age difference between the full grown adult and tween child.

Well, that’s certainly a new one, frau.

by Anonymousreply 30June 26, 2024 5:34 PM

Aren’t these Olympic athletes supposed to represent their countries beyond athletic ability? Pretty poor representation of the Netherlands

by Anonymousreply 31June 26, 2024 6:06 PM

Being Dutch, he made her pay for own abortion pill.

by Anonymousreply 32June 26, 2024 6:07 PM

Hey, Brock Turner, you CAN try out for the USA swim team.

by Anonymousreply 33June 26, 2024 6:10 PM

R25 it’ll be something along the lines of “but it was different in my case”

by Anonymousreply 34June 26, 2024 6:19 PM

Wouldn't a 6'6" DUTCH man have a gigantic cock?

by Anonymousreply 35June 26, 2024 6:39 PM

R35, ask Natalee Holloway.

by Anonymousreply 36June 26, 2024 6:44 PM

There should be a different word for forcibly having sex without consent, and having consensual sex with a minor. I realize minors can’t consent, they are both wrong, but it’s not the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 37June 26, 2024 6:46 PM

You mean statutory rape? That is the best term for it. Whether the minor "consents" to sex or not is immaterial.

by Anonymousreply 38June 26, 2024 6:52 PM

He did his time

by Anonymousreply 39June 26, 2024 6:52 PM

the word for consenual sex with a minor is statutory rape. What's your issue, R37? Low IQ? Statutory rape is rape.

by Anonymousreply 40June 26, 2024 6:53 PM

Since when are convicted criminals even allowed to move freely throughout different countries? I would think his charge would disallow him from traveling for the Olympics

by Anonymousreply 41June 26, 2024 6:56 PM

R36, you’re terrible; come sit by me.

by Anonymousreply 42June 26, 2024 6:57 PM

He looks like a soft butch lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 43June 26, 2024 6:57 PM

Yeah van der Sloot is 6' 4". He confessed finally that he bashed her head in with a cinderblock when she kneed him in the groin on the beach when he didn't take no for an answer.

by Anonymousreply 44June 26, 2024 7:08 PM

He doesn't seem very bright.

by Anonymousreply 45June 26, 2024 7:13 PM

Imagine being raped by a guy who looks like Jean Brodie.

by Anonymousreply 46June 26, 2024 7:13 PM

Why, the whole affair practically sings a sprightly Broadway musical! A ‘Gigi’ 2025! My favorite song: “The Night They Invented the Morning After Pill”.

by Anonymousreply 47June 26, 2024 7:21 PM

[quote] “The Night They Invented the Morning After Pill”.

Ah. I remember it well.

by Anonymousreply 48June 26, 2024 7:54 PM

I want to know how he managed to take an international flight but couldn't book a hotel room if his life depended on it.

by Anonymousreply 49June 26, 2024 8:53 PM

Probably thought the kid would take care of the hotel, being a local. I suspect we’re not dealing with the Netherlands’ brightest. Sending her to the clinic was not the smartest move. Got him arrested.

by Anonymousreply 50June 26, 2024 9:06 PM

Plausible deniability, I'd guess, was at least part of his inability to book a room.

by Anonymousreply 51June 26, 2024 9:09 PM

Oh, and I'm guessing this girl wasn't the only one.

by Anonymousreply 52June 26, 2024 9:12 PM

He just seems really dim and I think that might have played a part in his sentencing. It's very easy to fly between the Netherlands and the UK. Flights start from about £20. The fact he didn't have the foresight to book a hotel or AirBnB suggests he's not very sophisticated and not the brightest bulb in the box.

by Anonymousreply 53June 26, 2024 9:23 PM

Maybe he didn't have the money

by Anonymousreply 54June 26, 2024 9:49 PM

[quote] It's very easy to fly between the Netherlands and the UK. Flights start from about £20.

Decadent.

by Anonymousreply 55June 26, 2024 9:55 PM

Was it forcible sex, which would be one kind of rape...

or was it somewhat consensual (I realize that a 12-year old cannot consent) because they had sex and he's an adult and she's a minor?

by Anonymousreply 56June 26, 2024 10:27 PM

Too dim to book accommodations or did it with such urgency that he couldn’t contain his excitement?

If he has the brains to make it at an elite level of sport is he really that dumb?…I just don’t buy the stupidity excuse. I think like most perverts he couldn’t control himself and that he had the wherewithal to have her buy an abortion pill says to me that he knew what he was doing.

Remember when Michael Jackson barely made it out of his trial with his reputation intact and the first thing he did was travel to the Middle East so he could continue to do it. And MJ was no dummy.

by Anonymousreply 57June 26, 2024 10:29 PM

Remove him from the event.

by Anonymousreply 58June 26, 2024 10:31 PM

Donald Trump fucked a thirteen year old girl and now he's set to swim for the US in the Olympics. What's the difference?

by Anonymousreply 59June 26, 2024 10:45 PM

Donald Trump can't float, so I doubt we'll see him swimming in the Seine. But if he could, he'd fit right in because it's a sewer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 26, 2024 11:13 PM

wtf does a convicted Dutch athlete have to do with accusations of rape against Donald Trump?

Some Americans really do think the world revolves around them

by Anonymousreply 61June 26, 2024 11:19 PM

The competition in the Seine is an expensive boondoggle and won't happen.

by Anonymousreply 62June 26, 2024 11:19 PM

It's a few on Datalounge. They thing EVERYTHING is Trump related.

by Anonymousreply 63June 26, 2024 11:43 PM

I think he’s good looking. Had I been 12, I’d willingly have fucked him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 27, 2024 5:17 AM

r64 do you hear yourself?

by Anonymousreply 65June 27, 2024 5:40 AM

I’m sure this was a complete misunderstanding. Children have such vivid imaginations sometimes and can get confused.

by Anonymousreply 66June 27, 2024 5:45 AM

The Dutch Olympic selectors must have taken leave of their senses to let a convicted paedophile represent their country. Olympic athletes are usually held up as role models, and their hard work and commitment is admired. What message does this send?

by Anonymousreply 67June 27, 2024 6:37 AM

Why is it called rape, if the sex was consensual?

That's not rape. That's sex with a minor.

How idiotic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 27, 2024 7:12 AM

Why not go with an older lady?

by Anonymousreply 69June 27, 2024 11:26 AM

[quote] Why is it called rape, if the sex was consensual?

Because a minor cannot legally consent. The age of consent in the UK is 16. Sex with a minor is statutory rape.

by Anonymousreply 70June 27, 2024 11:28 AM

Who cares about justice for one more raped 12 year old in a continent full of horny migrants

by Anonymousreply 71June 27, 2024 1:38 PM

The point of prison is to pay for your crime. No one is going to want to watch a rapist pedophile representing their company in the Olympics. But is you can’t pay for your crime with prison time, how can you integrate back into society?

by Anonymousreply 72June 27, 2024 4:21 PM

I had a hookup once where we did it outside under cardboard boxes under a fire escape. It was so romantic.

by Anonymousreply 73June 27, 2024 4:32 PM

R72 by going about your life privately and humbly and working hard and never doing it again. Then after many years society may forgive you and accept you again. Prison is the punishment but you still have to prove your worth to society at large once you get out.

by Anonymousreply 74June 27, 2024 4:56 PM

[quote] Prison is the punishment but you still have to prove your worth to society at large once you get out.

I promise I can fuck as good as I did before prison. All I need is a chance to prove myself.

by Anonymousreply 75June 27, 2024 7:17 PM

I guess I also need a stairwell and a cardboard box. But I'm ready to go at a moment's notice! As long as you've got adequate quarters (by that I mean a cardboard box).

by Anonymousreply 76June 27, 2024 8:22 PM

Dutch Olympic Committee defends the decision to place him on the team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 27, 2024 8:28 PM

He made it to cnn.com! He must be proud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 27, 2024 8:30 PM

It's the government, talk to them about it, he did his time and now he walks free, it works that way here.

I wonder how an Italian or German 14 year old can be mature enough to have sex with an adult, but in other countries its different, how is the criteria determined? Who determines it?

by Anonymousreply 79June 27, 2024 8:36 PM

In the US and UK and other common law countries, the age of consent used to be much younger. For example, it was seven in Delaware and nine in NY until the late 19th century. I think it was ten in the UK. You can blame bitch feminists pressuring lawmakers to raise the age of consent. You can read all about it on Wikipedia

by Anonymousreply 80June 27, 2024 8:45 PM

I just want to know how they decide this, what compells this decision, I think for the US is should be 16, I do think US teenagers are behind the rest as usual, and need supervision, worthless pussy babies, they seem to be made of Jello.

by Anonymousreply 81June 27, 2024 9:48 PM

Age of consent in the Netherlands is 16. In most of the developed world young people are treated like children and not livestock to exploit.

by Anonymousreply 82June 27, 2024 10:01 PM

This girl is 12.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 27, 2024 11:17 PM

His nudes haven’t dropped yet?

by Anonymousreply 84June 27, 2024 11:26 PM

12 seems to be the "go to" age for straight male pervs.

Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 85June 27, 2024 11:30 PM

Right on the cusp of puberty, plausible deniability from accusations of pedophilia.

by Anonymousreply 86June 27, 2024 11:38 PM

The girl pictured in R83 - where are her parents? Making bank on their child?

by Anonymousreply 87June 27, 2024 11:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 28, 2024 4:55 AM

I'd eat that ass until I had daddy longlegs trembling.

by Anonymousreply 89June 28, 2024 5:02 AM

[quote] While reprehensible, there doesn't seem to be any laws about convicted felons competing in the Olympics. I think the only requirement is the IOC or some body has to rule that you've "paid your debt" to society.

I submitted my congressional record along with my World Record qualifying times for the 400m dash.

I’m going to Paris!

by Anonymousreply 90June 28, 2024 7:02 AM

A Dutch journalist weighs in:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 31, 2024 12:56 AM

How’s he doing at the Olympics?

by Anonymousreply 92July 31, 2024 1:02 AM

R92, the Dutch team lost their first match, but are still in the competition. His teammates are flummoxed by the controversy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 31, 2024 1:15 AM

Thank you, R93.

by Anonymousreply 94July 31, 2024 1:22 AM

Momma’s mussy is undulating like a volleyball net in the wind on the beach before a typhoon hits.

by Anonymousreply 95July 31, 2024 1:36 AM

R93 his teammates are ridiculous. Are the Dutch really that culturally distinct on this issue?

by Anonymousreply 96August 1, 2024 2:01 PM

The Dutch are usually pretty obnoxious to begin with. (No offence, Dutchie).

by Anonymousreply 97August 2, 2024 4:51 AM

The Dutch and their notoriously lenient sentences. Even Pim Fortuyn's assassin was released after only 12 years.

by Anonymousreply 98August 2, 2024 5:00 AM

Some cool news are coming soon!

by Anonymousreply 99August 2, 2024 5:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!