Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Remembering John F. Kennedy, Jr.

“'Is he bringing his butler with him?” Richard “Stretch” Grey, one of Clifford’s crewmen, asked when he heard John was joining. “What am I supposed to do with a Kennedy?'

John was desperate to fit in and prove himself. On his first day on the Vast Explorer, a sixty-five-foot lobster boat Clifford was using for the expedition, John asked what he could do to help. Grey told him he could clean the lazarette, the vile-smelling, cramped compartment in the stern of the boat that housed the rudder mechanism. For the next week, the crew barely saw John during daylight—he scrubbed until the sun went down and, after dinner, he washed the dishes. To train John for the big dive, Clifford made him swim the anchor out—the anchor needed to be pointed into the waves so that the boat wouldn’t turn sideways. So Clifford attached extra chain to the anchor and told John to take it out as far as he could go behind the boat through the strong current as the motor revved. Then he had to dive down and sink the anchor into the sand facing the right direction. It was a job that needed to be done—but it was also a way for Clifford to see if John had what it took. Eventually, John proved himself."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2024 8:03 AM

Love his Afro 👋

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2024 10:37 PM

LINK for chrissakes

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2024 10:37 PM

I’ve realized he was not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2024 10:41 PM

Just for you R2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2024 10:41 PM

Oh god, again?

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2024 10:43 PM

Thank you. But not "just for me" - it's common curtesy to post the information source.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2024 10:43 PM

Fag!

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2024 3:05 AM

Where did this afro hair come from? It looks like Toad from Super Mario.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2024 3:10 AM

JFK Jr was one of the planet's hottest men but he was a himbo.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2024 3:27 AM

R9, I can’t argue but there was something, back before the internet, so wonderfully artless about a gorgeous young man like JFK Jr. who loved to show off his body in peak bloom.

There are a few years in the late teens and early twenties in which some men are as breathtakingly beautiful as any woman and which can hold a member of either sex in thrall.

The story at OP doesn’t surprise me. His earnestness in proving that he wasn’t just a name or the son of someone reminds me of the same stories of Princes William and Harry and how they, at least ostensibly, mucked in with the rest and just wanted to be one of the gang.

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2024 3:53 AM

Who's the demented queen who just keeps posing about him. Enough. He's dead. They never found the plane.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2024 3:54 AM

They found the plane and the bodies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2024 4:14 AM

R12 I wish I could have seen the naked carcass.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2024 4:18 AM

He sure got a lot of chances at the Manhattan DA's office after flanking the bar a few times.

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2024 4:20 AM

I'm a college prof. The young men who are gorgeous show off their bodies all the time. Keeping their shirts on of course but you can see everything.

And yes the volumes and forms are amazing. From skinny to muscled.

JFK Jr was perfect however he could have been a smidgeon more perfect with 2 inch longer legs.

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2024 8:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!