Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Thief of Hearts” as sung by Melissa Manchester

Such a purely 80s song. So catchy. And Steven Bauer was so damn hot.

I was too young to see the movie when it came out but when it was shown edited on cable years later, I caught it. The lead actress was so plain and dull. Bauer was obsessed with her??

But the song!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2024 2:01 AM

Melissa is the queen of cheesy music videos. Was she ever prosecuted for this?

The guy is hot.

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2024 10:52 PM

I remember seeing her interviewed about making this video when it first came out (I think it was on Entertainment Tonight), and she was rattling on about how it was an "acting challenge" for her.

Yes, indeed. I'm surprised she wasn't nominated for a Golden Globe for that sequence at the end where she walks away from Steven Bauer. Such a thespian!

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2024 11:18 PM

Barbara Williams, the boring actress in Thief of Hearts who got to roll around naked with Stephen Bauer, later married Jane Fonda’s ex, Tom Hayden, and was with him until he died.

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2024 11:27 PM

Sharon Stone would have brought the sizzle and sensuality this role required and turned this long-forgotten film into an erotic cinema classic.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2024 11:30 PM

They have the same hairdo. Dueling mullets!

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2024 11:36 PM

Thief of Hearts? That's MY song.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2024 11:39 PM

It’s a much better song than the one you sing, Ms. Ciccone.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2024 1:26 AM

Steven Bauer was on the Gutfeld show once (drunk supposedly) so I guess repug.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2024 2:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!