Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Marlene Dietrich hate Meryl?

How sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2024 4:18 AM

I think that's pretty funny but Meryl isn't ugly.

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2024 2:55 AM

Scarcasm?

Today's M's 75th birthday.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2024 2:55 AM

M actually looks great in that picutre.

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2024 2:55 AM

Meryl isn’t exactly a beauty queen, but honey, neither were you.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2024 2:57 AM

Envy

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2024 3:15 AM

The grande dame Kate didn't like her either but loved me.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2024 3:17 AM

I hope she is referring more to the splayed-legged pose. It must have infuriated Marlene to see M so trusting of the very people who were using her. Marlene was all about control. If she was referring to M's face being ugly then she was just jealous.

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2024 4:00 AM

Funniest part is that Meryl was NEVER ugly. Don't know why people insisted she was.

Unless Marlene didn't mean PHYSICALLY ugly...

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2024 4:12 AM

In the early '80s, when Meryl was landing magazine covers and being hailed as the greatest actress of her generation, lots of the old guard Hollywood commented negatively about her looks. Even Truman Capote chimed in, saying she looks like a chicken. She certainly wasn't movie star beautiful in the conventional scense.

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2024 4:13 AM

/sense

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2024 4:14 AM

Surprising to me R9, IMO she looked quite beautiful in the French lieutenant's woman and Still of the night, two early 80s movies that she hates.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2024 4:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!