Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

55 years ago Judy Garland died at 47; Liza cried for 8 days

55 years ago today, Judy Garland died in London. She was found in the bathroom after taking too many sleeping pills. Liza Minnelli cried nonstop for 'about eight days'.

Eventually she had no choice but to accept the truth, at which point she began to sob and 'didn’t stop for about eight days. It was just devastating to me.'

Garland welcomed her firstborn child with the legendary filmmaker Vincente Minnelli, who was the second of her five husbands.

Having witnessed her mother's rollercoaster battle with addiction, Liza Minnelli at first steered clear of drugs and alcohol herself.

However in the 1970s, when she had become an internationally recognized star, she took her first drink at the Hollywood hot spot Trader Vic's.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2024 2:57 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2024 1:51 AM

Judy was one of the most talented singers ever. She also had a lot of pain and struggle throughout her life. Despite that, she had a good heart, which is hard to encounter in Hollywood. At a time when gay people were oppressed beyond belief, they identified with her struggles and she theirs.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2024 2:05 AM

Over 55 years ago I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2024 2:11 AM

I was five years old when she died. I remember it was on the news - I didn't really know who they were talking about or what had happened, just that something sad happened. My grandmother explained who she was - Dorothy in The Wizard of OZ, but I really didn't know what 'death' was. And i couldn't understand how this older lady was the young girl in 'OZ'.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2024 2:15 AM

Big MO move by someone but her obituary was in a family bible.

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2024 3:00 AM

The sky was so boo that day.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2024 3:14 AM

What was her big pain? They made her sing some songs in the movies?

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2024 3:20 AM

Ha! Ha! I'll say.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2024 2:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!