Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sandra Bernhard apologizes to Morgan Fairchild

and Morgan accepts the apology!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2024 5:12 AM

Love Morgan. Good for Sandra admitting her bad attitude.

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2024 12:12 AM

Sandra didn't have to do that and her apology was very sincere. People mellow as they get older and who hasn't regretted treating someone badly for no reason other than they were going through a massive cunt phase. Sandra could have found Morgan on social media but a public apology was much more meaningful.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2024 12:16 AM

"Fairchild appeared in a handful of episodes playing her bisexual girlfriend Marla"

Wasn't her character a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2024 12:21 AM

I loved him in Driving Miss Daisy

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2024 12:33 AM

I can understand how difficult it would be for someone as ugly as Sandra being paired with a beautiful actress. That was unfair to Sandra.

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2024 12:34 AM

R5 = Tom Arnold.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2024 12:39 AM

Can you imagine how toxic that set must have been with Rosie Barrnold in charge?

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2024 1:01 AM

This is weird. Do you think that Roseanne and others didn't approve of hiring Morgan for the role or they didn't have a say in the matter? I would find that hard to believe.

A 'difficult' set - I can believe that!

"In 1993, it was made public that Barr would refer to each of her 19 writers by a number rather than their name. The writers would wear shirts with their assigned number."

So this is when she started to really go batshit. 2 years into her marriage to Tom Arnold too.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2024 3:48 PM

It's amazing how much power was attained by such a couple of ugly and stupid morons. I can't imagine being someone as talented and beautiful as more compare child and having to put up with so much ugly. She clearly has some amount of class and tact.

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2024 3:57 PM

If people mellow out when they get older, DL is clearly an exception.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2024 4:03 PM

What a nice pair of lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2024 4:09 PM

[quote]So this is when she started to really go batshit. 2 years into her marriage to Tom Arnold too.

The Roseanne set was a toxic set since its first season. Ken Levine's blog has done many articles on her craziness. Here's an article with women who worked on her show, who dismiss Roseanne's claims of sexism. Roseanne apparently treated many like shit, regardless of who you were.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2024 4:10 PM

More Compare Child has been fabulous in everything she has done.

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2024 4:14 PM

I loved that Cybill Shepherd put her on her show as her rival, since they were both up for the Jacy role in The Last Picture Show.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2024 4:16 PM

This warms the cockles of my aging homosexual heart.

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2024 4:20 PM

I've known several people who've booked Sandra and she's apparently a total nightmare. Good for her if she's mellowing a bit. Not having a career will do that to you!

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2024 4:27 PM

“Who you callin a fuckin nightmare? I’ll show you a fucking nightmare!” 🤬

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2024 5:16 PM

Casting Morgan Fairchild was brilliant. Sandra Bernhardt is jolie laide with a great body.

Some actresses, at that time, might have turned down that part (Morgan's), not wanting to be branded a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2024 5:35 PM

those bitches need to kiss and make up

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2024 6:18 PM

barf!

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2024 6:21 PM

R2 yes, Morgan Fairchild's "Marla" was a lesbian.

Sandra Bernhard's "Nancy" was bisexual, who was previously engaged to Tom Arnold's "Arnie."

After "Marla," she gets it on with Tim Curry's "Roger."

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2024 6:36 PM

Sorry, that was for R3.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2024 6:37 PM

R16 I don’t know what Sandra Bernhard is like for a booking… But I saw her about 15 years ago in San Francisco and she was completely rude and caustic to the audience. Apparently we were not worshiping her according to her expectations. I was done with her after that performance.

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2024 6:52 PM

[quote]It's amazing how much power was attained by such a couple of ugly and stupid morons.

People forget just how huge ROSEANNE (1988 - 1997) was in the early '90s and how powerful and notorious Roseanne & Tom Arnold were by extension.

Always in the tabloids about something and apparently difficult to work with, but the show was consistently in the Top 3 in the ratings for most of its 9-season run (once at #1), so the powers that be were at their mercy.

There were even 2 unauthorized TV biopics about how they were just "white trash with money."

Here's one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2024 7:11 PM

One of roseanne's biggest blunders was to spend a lot of her social capital on that Tom Arnold. What a mediocre dude.

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2024 7:17 PM

Morgan has worked constantly for more than 40 years when a lot of her contemporaries aged out. I suspect she's a pro, always prepared, and pleasant to work with.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2024 7:21 PM

I actually saw this when it aired first time. And it really struck me how sincere of an apology it was. It was just a really great apology. You could tell that she meant it. Very classy move on her part

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2024 7:29 PM

I think Sandra is a good person at the core who requires a fuckton of patience.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2024 7:32 PM

Incidentally, Morgan Fairchild started out in the business as Faye Dunaway's double in 1967's "Bonnie and Clyde."

I wonder if La Dunaway was pleasant to her?

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2024 7:42 PM

“like throwing a sausage into the Grand Canyon”

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2024 7:53 PM

From the article:

“ Fairchild appeared in a handful of episodes playing her bisexual girlfriend Marla and appeared in three episodes of the comedy.”

What a poorly constructed sentence.

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2024 7:59 PM

Yeah Roseanne and Tom were hell on wheels. But the show was at it's best (seasons 3-6) when the pair staged a coup by firing everyone from the first season and anyone who put up resistance to them. The show started to fall apart (season 7) when Roseanne and Tom divorced.

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2024 8:04 PM

How did the Friends cast treat her? She played Chandler’s mom. The Friends set had a reputation for being chilly toward guest stars.

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2024 8:10 PM

Morgan in an all too brief appearance on Two and a Half Men.

Background: Sheen's character is feeling blue because the hot young chicks (his specialty) at his favorite hangout don't want anything to do with 40 y/o Charlie. His brother takes him to a bar that caters to older adults.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2024 8:17 PM

In the 90s, they were all considered bisexual. Now, they're considered queer. Homophobia is still rampant and ugly.

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2024 8:17 PM

Poor Morgan.

She's been on Roseanne, Two and a Half Men AND Cybill.

Three nastier sets you'd be unlikely to find.

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2024 8:28 PM

No doubt Morgan was a pro and easy to work with which is probably why they hated her. If you've ever worked with unprofessional assholes in any kind of toxic environment then you know what I'm talking about.

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2024 8:34 PM

When you're the only sane one in the room you become the insane. Except for Sandra everyone who has ever worked with Morgan has nothing but praise for her.

by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2024 8:43 PM

I liked the Tom Arnold years on Roseanne. His character was hilarious, IMO.

Morgan Fairchild is absolutely beautiful and classy. I'm guessing that she has lived within her means for all of these years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2024 8:56 PM

I didn't care much about Morgan until I saw her Twitter feed and saw how intelligent and politically astute she was. Love her now.

by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2024 8:59 PM

Morgan has been on General Hospital a few times recently. She played a shopping channel host.

by Anonymousreply 41June 23, 2024 8:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 23, 2024 8:59 PM

Those glasses are everything.

by Anonymousreply 43June 23, 2024 9:04 PM

Morgan Fairchild is such a lady. She has interacted with me on insta. She's what you'd call a broad...and there's not many of those left. She's stuck it out, never got that big gig, but she's always a pleasantly surprise when she pops up in anything. Sandra was one of those 2 cool for school types.

by Anonymousreply 44June 23, 2024 9:22 PM

Sandra always came across as the Leona Helmsley of the entertainment industry, a real queen of mean. I guess her hormones have stopped raging and she's slowly becoming human.

by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2024 9:29 PM

Given when this happen, early '90s and where they were career-wise at the time, this isn't at all surprising. A signficant portion of the previous decade had been spent trying to make Morgan "happen" and it just never clicked. She was a regular on multiple failed series and she was very emblematic of the plastic, overdone, 1980s style. Bernhard had come to her celebrity in an entirely different way and was still very much associated with her friendship with Madonna and as a fixture of the 1990s NY fashion/social scene. Essentially Sandra was the ugly duckling having her moment in the sun while Morgan was the captain of the cheerleading squad who had been sent out to pasture. It makes sense that the odd-looking Bernhard in the midst of her cultural moment would be dismissed of the conventionally beautiful but past her prime Fairchild.

by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2024 9:43 PM

The Seduction was supposed to be her big break into movies. I still love it. Sleazy but well done.

by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2024 9:54 PM

[quote] she was very emblematic of the plastic, overdone, 1980s style.

I miss the '80s stuff. The big hair, creativity, makeup, shoulder pads. People were making a statement, back then.

by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2024 10:30 PM

What I want to know is, how does anyone forgive Bernhard's punctuation in that reply?

by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2024 11:07 PM

R35 Well, they were bi. At least, Sandra's character was.

by Anonymousreply 50June 23, 2024 11:42 PM

Today Morgan posted a recent pic of herself and Tom Arnold. Maybe Tom apologized, too?

by Anonymousreply 51June 24, 2024 3:03 AM

Her guest appearance as Kelly Green on Murphy Brown is something that plays in my head quiet often.

by Anonymousreply 52June 24, 2024 3:38 AM

that photo at r42 looks scarily similar to Taylor Swift with awful glasses and hair.

by Anonymousreply 53June 24, 2024 3:41 AM

Whatever Sandra dished out, Morgan could take it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 24, 2024 4:53 AM

A message from Rosanne to the staff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2024 5:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!