Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Vince Gill had an interesting career

He sang lead on Pure Prairie League’s only top 10 hit.

Then he shifted to country music and put in the hard yards for years until he became an overnight success with “when I call your name”.

And then he divorced his wife to shack up with Amy Grant, a Christian singer, who is LGBT-affirming and Antigun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2024 3:16 PM

Did he die?

by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2024 10:09 PM

I'm not a fan of country music, but he had (has) a beautiful voice.

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2024 10:12 PM

can I have his stuff?

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2024 10:20 PM

And I love the gays!

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2024 10:28 PM

Nice guy tho he's gotten fat as hell

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2024 10:32 PM

^Janice Oliver^

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2024 10:33 PM

Is he still with Amy Grant? She had such an interesting vibe and made statements that she was trying to be a “trad wife” to someone at one time, so did she start a relationship with Gill after that? Her music was never preachy that’s why I found her to be more interesting than others in her music genre. When I was a kid, I was exposed to some others in my school that had their music restricted but mine was never restricted. Every kid with restricted music said she was “liberal” but I was intrigued

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2024 10:36 PM

What do you mean by having "restricted music", R7?

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2024 10:39 PM

Amy Grant always pinged for me, but I guess you can't always be right...

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2024 10:42 PM

R8, r7 means he grew up with kids whose parents restricted music their kids could listen to for religious reasons. It is a very specific world that r7 is referring to.

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2024 10:44 PM

R10 is very accurate

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2024 10:45 PM

Thank you, r10.

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2024 10:47 PM

I never cared for his voice but he seems like a nice guy

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2024 10:52 PM

He also sang on tour with the Eagles (I think) after Glen Frey died.

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2024 11:03 PM

Wow. Never knew this was him. He's the bees knees!

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2024 1:08 AM

Those were three tall handsome guys in PPL.

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2024 1:37 AM

[quote]Is he still with Amy Grant? She had such an interesting vibe and made statements that she was trying to be a “trad wife” to someone at one time, so did she start a relationship with Gill after that?

They are. I assumed she had been long divorced before she got with Gill, but turns out that wasn't the case. She and her fellow Christian singer husband split in 1998 and divorced in 199 and she got with Gill the same year.

I remember a 20/20 or some news magazine interview that she and Gill did together where she admits to developing feelings for him when they recorded "House of Love" together; and Gill similarly had feelings for her and co-wrote the song "Whenever You Come Around" about her.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2024 3:49 AM

Allegedly, Grant’s first hubby had alcohol issues and verbally/emotionally abused her. She got out of that situation. Vince and Amy seem like a forever happy couple.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2024 3:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!