Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Can't Win, part 2

I was the original poster of Part 1, and would like to see this discussion continued. And given the recent polls, the writer of this article might well be right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600July 11, 2024 12:13 AM

The other thread is almost full.

by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2024 9:06 PM

The debate will be in the evening, which is Kryptonite for Dump.

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2024 10:23 PM

I recently saw an interview with Kamala and she is confident Biden will do well during the debate.

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2024 10:25 PM

I wonder if we'll still be able to hear Trump shouting when his microphone gets muted.

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2024 10:27 PM

Even if he doesn't win, his followers are likely to start a coup and install him as president anyway.

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2024 10:29 PM

[quote]Even if he doesn't win, his followers are likely to start a coup and install him as president anyway.

Let them try.

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2024 10:36 PM

Sometimes I worry more about what happens if Trump loses than if he wins. If he wins, the country will be far right wing but peaceful. If he loses, the far right will probably go ballistic, perhaps literally.

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2024 10:53 PM

It won't be peaceful if Trump wins. It will be constant, endless chaos. That will be the goal of a second term.

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2024 10:56 PM

"Peaceful?" Nice try, Stealth MAGAt.

When Trump takes away more civil rights, things will be REALLY peaceful, huh, troll?

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2024 10:57 PM

I suppose this is the kind of concern trolling well balanced DLers will permit, but I sometimes worry if he is elected, he won't leave the White House at the end of his term.

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2024 10:58 PM

Wow! The "Trump's second reign will make the country peaceful" TROLL is the OP!

You gotta ALWAYS be on the lookout, guys.

What a fucking troll. Someone should start a non-Stealth MAGAt thread.

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2024 10:59 PM

You know that when Trump keeps rehashing that Hillary acid washed her server, it's not just a metaphor in his mind: in his lizard brain he sees it vividly, eidetically; Hillary on her knees in her basement scrubbing the server with a brush in one hand and acid wash in the other hand.

How does he know it exactly? He knows it because nobody has studied computers more than he did, not even Bill Gaetz nor Tim Apple. And everyone with that much computer science knowledge knows this is the way to do it. He's close with M.I.T., very smart people, that's how he knows...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2024 11:06 PM

In the part 1 thread, the OP of this thread thought it would be better for the country if Trump wins in November:

[quote]Of course, we might be in a worse situation if he loses. And starts another insurrection.

Fucking troll.

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2024 11:06 PM

The one big difference between when Trump lost in 2020 and the election in 2024 is that BIDEN will be President over the win/transition. Just like this idiot Supreme Court who might decree that Trump is 100% prosecution free does not seem to be concerned that they will extend all protections to Biden as well.

It would be interesting if Seal Team Six made a visit to the SCOTUS.

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2024 11:10 PM

If he wins he’ll create a new cabinet position for Secretary of Cannibalism just so he can install his bosom buddy Hannibal Lecter into a cushy government job.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2024 11:11 PM

[quote]If he wins, the country will be far right wing but peaceful.

I don’t agree. There’s definitely the possibility of riots at a level beyond what occurred after George Floyd, by those reacting against a Trump win.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2024 12:04 AM

[quote] I was the original poster of Part 1,

Of course you were.

[quote] and would like to see this discussion continued.

Because you are deeply in denial, autistic or both.

You see OP if you really felt Trump could not win you would you would have went and found an article that was not from March that would support this. Very few articles like this have been written since March because the prevailing wisdom now is that not only Trump can win, but it is likely.

Therefore, because you are in denial and in distress, you have fallen into an autistic thought loop. You read the same article from March over and over and over again. You don’t want to discuss it, you want other people to confirm to you that the autistic reality you have created for yourself is in fact reality. It is not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2024 12:15 AM

R18, I think OP just wanted the thread to look the same as part 1.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2024 12:20 AM

Of course, because he is an autistic thought loop.

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2024 12:27 AM

[quote] There’s definitely the possibility of riots at a level beyond what occurred after George Floyd, by those reacting against a Trump win.

There’s definitely also the possibility that pigs will fly.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2024 12:32 AM

R17, you’re not admitting that those were riots?

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2024 12:33 AM

Trump’s massive rally in Philly is going on.

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2024 12:33 AM

They’re still saying we need a businessman in the White House. lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2024 12:36 AM

R17, you’re now admitting that those were riots?

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2024 12:36 AM

Considering Trump only needs to win Pennsylvania on top of those states he’s expected to win, he may be spending a lot of time there.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2024 12:39 AM

Biden has been president and where are all the rioters when Trump didn't win in 2020? If Biden wins, nothing will happen. Trump will finally fade away. He will probably be so out of it by 2028.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2024 12:39 AM

[quote]There’s definitely the possibility of riots at a level beyond what occurred after George Floyd, by those reacting against a Trump win.

Two words: January Sixth.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2024 12:47 AM

R19 is right, I simply wanted the second thread to look like the first. R18, well.... never mind....

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2024 12:48 AM

If Biden wins, tens of thousands of MAGAts are going to go apeshit again and pointlessly caravan their fat assess to Washington. If Trump wins, dozens of purple-haired they/thems will knit pussy hats again.

Trump fans ensconce their houses in “Let’s Go Brandon” and “Fuck Joe Biden” regalia. One out of100,00 Biden supporters would even deign to put a magnetic bumper sticker on their car.

The fanaticism is real. It’s like contrasting Jim Jones adherents with people who show up to a Unitarian church once every few Chistmases.

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2024 12:57 AM

Reaction to who wins the presidency will be affected by which party wins the Senate and the House. If Biden were to win and Congress is won by the GOP, that would temper the loss.

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2024 1:00 AM

Then why didn't they do that in 2020 when Biden won the first time? So much Hyperbole. All the rioters that got convicted were crying about it and saying the president told them to do it. Those that got convicted are very likely not supporting Trump.

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2024 1:00 AM

Sure, Jan. The people who shat on Nancy Pelosi’s desk have turned a new leaf. They’re door-knocking for Ilhan Omar.

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2024 1:04 AM

OP did you see this article in Politico today

I want to point out something to you

Joe Biden wrote his own political obituary when he attempted to push Netanyahu into a ceasefire deal after months of enabling him.

If Netanyahu does what the article claims he may do, Joe Biden would have committed the greatest American foreign policy blunder since the invasion of Iraq.

It would be the greatest humiliation for a sitting American president in an election year since President Carter bungled Operation Eagle Claw.

It will be unrecoverable. Because Biden’s defenders would now have to admit he failed at what is supposed to be his greatest strength, foreign policy, in order to support the administration’s response to discrediting Netanyahu. The progressive wing of the Democratic Party would pick his bones clean, the Republicans wouldn’t have to do anything. And you know what they will say? They will say Biden’s refusal to reign in Netanyahu was transactional and done in order to please wealthy donors. Wealthy donors will accuse Biden of betraying Israel. Nothing Biden says or does will be able to repair this schism.

So, for this reason,

Joe Biden will be forced to end his reelection campaign. It does not matter if he does well at the debate - which was only moved forward so that Democrats would be able to dump him if he does poorly. He will not be able to recover from a public shaming on US soil by Israel.

I am glad you like your article from March so much, but the timeline in which that world takes place no longer exists.

“Do not underestimate Joe’s ability to fuck things up.” - Barack Obama

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2024 1:06 AM

Fact-------->>[bold]Biden has never gotten elected president without a pandemic. [/bold]....I really think Biden will win the popular vote and lose the election. This is Hillary all over again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2024 1:13 AM

R34, put down the bottle.

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2024 1:17 AM

Lordy, Lordy, game over, the sky is falling, it's all down to Gaza, no wait, it's all down to no pandemic, no wait, it's the debate, or not the debate,

but above all, Lordy, Lordy, we all gonna die!!!!

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2024 1:18 AM

FACT - Trump would never gotten elected without Russian interference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2024 1:20 AM

R36 I'm saving my bottle for Election Night in November and I plan on chugging it all right after Biden loses Michigan (like Hillary did). I suggest you stock up too and [bold] DO NOT blame voters on election night. Blame the DNC and Grampa Magoo. [/bold]..

by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2024 1:22 AM

R38 James Comey works for Russia?

by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2024 1:26 AM

The Atlantic article about Biden reminds me of an anecdote about Sheila Jackson Lee

She was once taken to task for her “domineering” behavior and her response was “I am a Queen, and I deserve to be treated like one.”

This isn’t too far from the Biden administration’s position to criticism. Very much “Why can’t treat me like I would be treated by any stranger on the street?”

And this will be the response on November 6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 23, 2024 1:33 AM

Jame Comey broke the long standing department rules and created political interference 1 week before the election. He might as well have been working for Russia. "we found evidence that points to Hillary Clinton doing something illegal,......Opps, never mind". My bad, hope it didn't plant any negative seeds one week before the election. - James Comey

by Anonymousreply 42June 23, 2024 1:34 AM

R41 sounds more like Dump than anyone else. He's the whiner, in this debate. That's a FACT.

by Anonymousreply 43June 23, 2024 1:35 AM

R43 you repeatedly tell people THAT IS A FACT in order to try to control the narrative

You have done it twice in posts twenty minutes apart

What is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 44June 23, 2024 1:44 AM

Let's be honest----Democrats are not only voting for Biden for the next 4 years. And I refuse to help launch Kamalas (unofficial) first term.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2024 1:46 AM

R44......FACT--------->> [bold] I only did it once [/bold]....What's wrong with YOU? How difficult is it to count to ONE?

by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2024 1:50 AM

Verst Lady exit plan:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2024 1:51 AM

Ergo vote for Trump and launch JD Vance’s first term? Try to make a modicum of sense if you’re going to shitpost, r45.

by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2024 2:00 AM

^ "I do the butt sex..."

by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2024 2:01 AM

r49 is for r47

by Anonymousreply 50June 23, 2024 2:02 AM

R46

Why do you lie

Seriously what is wrong with you

I want to know

Something is mentally wrong with you

I have to find out what it is

It will stress me out until I know

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 23, 2024 2:05 AM

Actually I take it back if you answered at r36 then you are posting from two accounts

I which case you have done it four times

So

What is wrong with you

I know you know something is wrong with you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 23, 2024 2:10 AM

R46 not r36

by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2024 2:11 AM

Jesus, imagine being a Trump fan. What a fucked up little world you must live in. All the bullshit and nonsense swirling around inside you, worse than 100 RFK brain worms.

Fighting the madness, but knowing every day it's winning a little more.

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2024 2:19 AM

I KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

you post from two different accounts and say the opposite things from each account

You have Dissociative Identity Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

So…

…how’s that working out for you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 23, 2024 2:21 AM

So he doesn't have autism, after all? Has a team of expert scientists been consulted yet? What diagnosis will appear next?

by Anonymousreply 56June 23, 2024 2:23 AM

[quote]And I refuse to help launch Kamalas (unofficial) first term.

So you'd rather launch Trump's second? That's the alternative.

by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2024 2:24 AM

Ignore the troll. It's *so* much better.

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2024 2:26 AM

He may very well have autism

Dissociative Identity Disorder, ADHD and Autism are often comorbid

The autism would have created the dissociative identity disorder

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2024 2:31 AM

Trump can win.

Right now if I had to wager a % chance, I'd put it at 40% if the election were tomorrow.

Hoping and praying Trump has an aneurysm or absolutely loses his mind on the public stage, or actually gets a prison term come July 11. But for now, the polls either lie or it's neck and neck.

by Anonymousreply 60June 23, 2024 2:33 AM

r52 = Manless. Lives with his 82 year old mother. His siblings hate him.

by Anonymousreply 61June 23, 2024 2:36 AM

[quote]Very few articles like this have been written since March because the prevailing wisdom now is that not only Trump can win, but it is likely.

Hardly likely when he is now trailing in all national polls. And since he can't speak in coherent sentences, I don't expect that to improve. (The Biden campaign is posting transcripts from Trump's rallies. He literally sounds like a dementia patient.)

Nor will it improve when people find out about the huge tariff hikes he wants, which would increase prices at Walmart far more than inflation has done.

by Anonymousreply 62June 23, 2024 2:42 AM

I see the Nikki Haley stalking horse/Aspie Troll has now learned how to use the bold function.

by Anonymousreply 63June 23, 2024 2:44 AM

when will he be viciously face-slapped?

by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2024 2:48 AM

[quote] when will he be viciously face-slapped?

Who, Trump? Maybe at the debate. That would be awesome, if Biden just paused and said, excuse me, judges, but I need to smack the stupid out of a bitch.

I'll be right back.

by Anonymousreply 65June 23, 2024 2:50 AM

Slap his Face VICIOUSLY!!

by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2024 2:52 AM

Personally, I don't need troll powerpoints.

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2024 2:54 AM

R55 .....[bold]....I love how YOU think I give a fuck. [/bold]. Such a fulfilling life you and Mother must have......

by Anonymousreply 68June 23, 2024 3:00 AM

He's been spewing some insane shit lately, he will not win. He's out of his mind which must be obvious to even his most stupid followers.

by Anonymousreply 69June 23, 2024 3:07 AM

He'll probably end up like Junior on The Sopranos. He's pretty close now, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 70June 23, 2024 3:15 AM

He CAN'T win and he SHAN'T win.

by Anonymousreply 71June 23, 2024 3:48 AM

R35, you are ignoring American women in a post Roe world.

They are pissed Women are dying every day. Worse than a pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2024 3:56 AM

R72, I’m a woman, and I would love to see the data on your claim. Is it worse than a pandemic?

I’ve said it before, and I’ll keep saying it…this election will go to Biden if he can succeed in vision casting our future. Right now, the Dems messaging is all based on fear, and it’s all about looking over our shoulders at the monsters (MAGATS) chasing us.. Fear of Trump, fear of no abortion rights, fear of SCOTUS, fear of the GOP. But we know Dems are generally not motivated to vote by fear. I’m not sure of voting behavior for Independents around fear.

All I know is Joe needs to lay off student loans and trans rights, and get into increasing wages, expanding job opportunities, healthcare cost reductions, better work conditions across all sectors (like longer maternity/paternity leaves including extended paid time-off, early children education for free, free vocational and community colleges, etc. Point people toward a future that’s based on improving their everyday life struggles, and you give them hope. That’s how you win their votes.

by Anonymousreply 73June 23, 2024 4:12 AM

Re: voter registration:

NYTimes June 22, 2024

"If Everyone Voted, Would Biden Benefit? Not Anymore."

"In a reversal of one of the most familiar patterns in American politics, it appears that Donald J. Trump, not President Biden, would stand to gain if everyone in the country turned out and voted."

"New voter registration trends have also been increasingly favorable to Republicans, even though new registrants are disproportionately young and nonwhite."

"In Pennsylvania, where Democrats enacted automatic voter registration last year, new registrants have affiliated with Republicans over Democrats by six percentage points."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 23, 2024 4:21 AM

So the debate is Thursday night at 9 pm. Isn't that time for sundowning? For Trump (or both of them).

Come on, Diaper Don, fuck it up!!

by Anonymousreply 75June 23, 2024 4:26 AM

Watching Kamala running around talking about "Saving Abortion Rights" is ridiculous. It's over. The GOP won this and be grateful for the few Blue States that keep abortion rights safe while they can. [bold]How exactly does Kamala plan on taking back abortion rights? Is there another Supreme Court? Nope! [/bold] She is a lawyer. She knows she is spouting stupidity. GOP Idiot JD Vance ran on ending abortion everywhere and won in 2022.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 23, 2024 4:49 AM

You're being hysterical, r76.

by Anonymousreply 77June 23, 2024 4:55 AM

R76 If the Democrats won big enough in the House and Senate, couldn't they make a law protecting the right to abortion?

by Anonymousreply 78June 23, 2024 4:56 AM

I think it was wonderful the way Biden demanded to expand the Supreme Court after the Republicans kept stealing the nominations....Such a fighter for Democrats!!...oh wait....[bold]NO HE DIDN'T.[/bold]...whoops...my bad.... The Supreme Court voting GOP 95% of the time...And Dems do nothing....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 23, 2024 4:57 AM

Biden is running on “I’m not Donald Trump”, which is what Hillary ran on in 2016. And we all know how that turned out. Trump will win and it’s going to be an even crazier situation than 2016 now that we’ll have a convicted felon in the White House. If you thought 2016-2021 was a Jerry Springer episode, wait until you get a load of what is coming next.

by Anonymousreply 80June 23, 2024 6:05 AM

Wrong. Biden has a record of accomplishments to run on. Just because you see one ad, it doesn’t mean it’s an entire campaign.

Trump thinks he can macro message this and just “campaign” on tv and social media.

The Biden campaign is actually on the ground, connecting with real people and real issues, who have benefitted from their accomplishments. They’re not busing the same 1,000 people around to every event trying to make up the numbers.

Theatre doesn’t have any impact on the ballot box.

by Anonymousreply 81June 23, 2024 7:47 AM

R76 is stupid. Yes, a Democratic Congress plans to codify reproductive rights, IVF and contraception into federal law.

The Dobbs decision overturned the method of ensuring those rights as unconstitutional. Congress can fix this.

by Anonymousreply 82June 23, 2024 7:51 AM

R82 = [bold] "Congress can fix this".....[/bold]......Have you seen Congress fix ANYthing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 23, 2024 8:02 AM

Is R78, the Super Majority troll? As if with the number of ruby red small states a Super Majority in the Senate was even a glimmer of a possibility.

And yes, R74, a depression of turnout might be a good thing this year. And a strong likelihood considering the seeming record number of people deeply unhappy with their choices.

by Anonymousreply 84June 23, 2024 8:35 AM

Fun Fact: Biden received the most votes in POTUS history.

by Anonymousreply 85June 23, 2024 8:38 AM

Is a Senate Super Majority 60 or 67 votes?

by Anonymousreply 86June 23, 2024 8:38 AM

Not so fun fact, R85, is that Trump received the second most votes in history.

by Anonymousreply 87June 23, 2024 8:40 AM

Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades R87.

by Anonymousreply 88June 23, 2024 8:54 AM

r85 & r87 Those would only be fun facts if the US population was stagnating. But we know it's increasing. So something would be very wrong if both candidates received fewer votes than in the previous election.

by Anonymousreply 89June 23, 2024 9:40 AM

Well something is wrong. Based on the fact that most American bitch non stop about both candidates are too old. Normally a lot of people would just not bother. But since Trump was such a shit storm, the entire country got off it's ass to try and stop him....in record numbers.

by Anonymousreply 90June 23, 2024 9:44 AM

The debate is going to suck for Trump. Then the sentencing and the awful convention.

Biden voters and supporters of democracy will turn out in droves on Election Day, just like we did in 2020.

Trump is going to struggle with turnout. His base will turn out - but they’re an ever-dwindling minority - but the Republicans are not MAGA. The ones who can’t vote for either candidate will just stay home.

The media (you don’t even have to say “right wing” anymore) has been charging at windmills right behind Trump but, not surprisingly, there’s no way he’s going to emerge victorious. And fortunately, he’s not the incumbent, he’s not in office so he’s not going to be able to incite an insurrection again this year - which didn’t work last time either. Even his crazy MAGA supporters don’t want to spend 3 or 4 or 10 years in jail.

The clock is running out for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 91June 23, 2024 10:00 AM

The sad part is, even if Dump loses, we will not hear the end of it until the fucker drops dead. And then his spawn will pick up the torch.

by Anonymousreply 92June 23, 2024 10:04 AM

R91 lives in a dream world.

by Anonymousreply 93June 23, 2024 10:14 AM

Anyone who thinks Trump has this in the bag is living in a dream world. You can do fake events and lie your face off but it’s not going to change the number of ballots in the box.

MAGA is going yo freak out after the election because they’ve been so thoroughly lied to but it will do more to disengage them from the process than empower them further. Even they have limits.

Saying 80,000 people showed up in NJ - a state they’re never going to win - when everyone can see with their own eyes it was just a couple of 1,000, doesn’t win elections.

Busing a few 100 white people into a black church on a Saturday doesn’t win you the black vote.

Don’t be surprised. Nothing is certain. But pretending the convicted felon who talks about sharks and batteries and is desperately, publicly selling off tax policy is a dead cert to win is lunacy. Debate, sentencing, convention. We’ll see.

by Anonymousreply 94June 23, 2024 11:21 AM

R93 = Roger Stone

by Anonymousreply 95June 23, 2024 11:28 AM

Can you imagine a law like this in America? There would have been no Trump candidacy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 23, 2024 11:33 AM

R93 missed this gem. Even the far right is peeling away from and plotting against Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 23, 2024 11:40 AM

A bit like Ike a few hours before giving the green light to the invasion ( for you youngsters this refers to WW2) it’s fuck it time let’s go.

Biden though needs to win the debate. Can’t lose can’t tie he needs to show that only one of them is fit to be president. If both look equally fit or unfit Trump will win the election ( an opinion)

If Biden can’t do that the Dems will need to find someone who can.

by Anonymousreply 98June 23, 2024 11:44 AM

Also, wait until he announced his lame VP pick!

Tim Scott is out of the race!

Marco Rubio has been passed over for lacking conviction! Plus the public commentary he’s made against Trump would drown him out completely.

Who’s left, R93? Doug Bergum?!! lol

I can see the “BERGUM RIMMING FOR TRUMP 2024!” bumper stickers already.

Trump/Bergum doesn’t sound like a winning ticket to me. And when you think of all the gargoyles that would have to come out of the woodwork to try and sell that to the American electorate - Miller, Conway, ex-con/multiple felon Bannon - they actually scare voters away. I can’t wait to see Laura Ingraham’s incredulous interview with VP pick Doug Bergum. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 99June 23, 2024 11:46 AM

Of course Biden is going to nail the debate. Because Biden has an entire administration of smart, talented people whom he works with who will have been advising and preparing him at length. He has the support of his wife and family. And he has a sense of purpose with a lifetime of public service to do what’s best for the country. He has a record to run on. Watch the SOTU speech - he was great. Stop watching cheap and/or deep fake edited videos. Have faith in Joe Biden.

Meanwhile, Trump will be telling stories about this imaginary friend, Hannibal Lechter. Maybe he’ll explain his policy to abolish income tax which is a complete non-starter and would increase inflation by 140%. Maybe he’ll tell us about Gaza with his “I’ll wave a magic wand!” Post-COVID nobody believes the “I, alone, can fix it” BS. The U.S. is 4% of the world’s population and had 25% of the world’s COVID deaths. That’s his record. Good luck with that.

The World Bank said last week that the Biden/U.S. economy has had the strongest recovery of any country in the world and it is the U.S. economy that is the engine that is driving economies around the world. Biden and the Democrats did that - as usual - and you’re what, just going to hand that over to Donald Trump? I don’t think so.

by Anonymousreply 100June 23, 2024 11:56 AM

Trump will announce his policy to nuke every damn shark, nuke hurricanes, nuke THE Ukraine as a sign of love to Putin but no strings attached. He will sign executive orders that any billionaire's fortune in the US is now his own. If it works for Putin, it'll work for me: US oligarchy's money is mine. Elon Tesla didn't lend me the money to bail me out NY courts? Elon's money is mine. Timothy Mellon likes me, he was nice to me, gave me $50 million, so I'll only take 50% of his money. If Trump is elected the billionaires are done.

by Anonymousreply 101June 23, 2024 12:15 PM

R100

Aren’t you a precious little simp

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 23, 2024 12:22 PM

[quote]I’m a woman, and I would love to see the data on your claim. Is it worse than a pandemic?

The pandemic was a once in a century pandemic that Trump fucked up and people died due to his incompetence, r73.

The war on women is worse because it is as a result of Republican corruption targeting the control of women. Like the pandemic, it kills Republican women in red states.

by Anonymousreply 103June 23, 2024 1:18 PM

Yes we might have done slightly better of someone other than trump was in charge but who fucked Covid up and caused what you call needless deaths in all the rest of the world where trump was not president?

Are we now blaming Biden for all the needless and easily preventable STDs and HIV people are getting under his watch?

by Anonymousreply 104June 23, 2024 1:24 PM

r86. A Democratic Senate Super Majority has to be larger than the statistical number because of all the Liebermans/Sinemas/Manchins in the party.

The last time Democrats had a Super Majority in the Senate, we got ObamaCare. All it took was one Joe Lieberman to fuck up UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE.

Which is why DC needs to become a state. DC becomes a state, and we never have to worry about another physical insurrection because Governors control their streets. Trump's thugs would not have been able to move from the federal park to the federal capitol building without the confusion of jurisdiction. The Governor could have prevented them from ENTERING the District.

So many reasons to aim for a Dem Super Majority in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 105June 23, 2024 1:26 PM

r104, we are blaming Trump, rightly, for throwing out the Obama Pandemic Response Manual. It is one of the first things he did during the transition because the arrogant bastard did not think he needed a transition. Remember Trump saying that he didn't want his numbers to drop? There is no evil like stupid evil.

People died because Trump was stupid.

People died because Trump is evil.

Women are dying because Trump believes women need to be punished.

Women are dying because Trump is evil.

by Anonymousreply 106June 23, 2024 1:30 PM

[quote]So many reasons to aim for a Dem Super Majority in the Senate.

Is that even in the realm of possibility? I haven’t heard much talk about the senate so far but I thought even retaining Democratic control of the senate wasn’t a sure thing

by Anonymousreply 107June 23, 2024 1:32 PM

r107, just like Republicans corrupting government to the point that the arrival of a Trump put the corruption of the Supreme Court at hand after 40 year, it will be a process. Just as ObamaBare in 2008 was a possibility, 18 years ago, flipping the Senate may be a process. However, we have had a Pandemic since then and the reversal of Roe, which was accomplished by every Republican Senator up for reelection voting to acquit Trump TWICE and also approving every Trump nominee.

McConnell knew the path to Republican control of the Supreme Court, was the Republican Senate.

The challenge for Democrats is to connect the dots for voters and have them realize that abortion and women's heath care is on the ballot in every state where a Red State Republican is up for re election.

TN, IN, ND, TX, NE, MO, UT, FL, MS women all have abortion and women's rights on their ballots.

Many of them are weak and vulnerable to Republican women and non racist men (the suburbs) just as Nebraska and Ohio flipped in red states.

by Anonymousreply 108June 23, 2024 1:47 PM

It's not, R107. I'd seriously like the poster who - somehow - thinks a Senate Democratic Super Majority is just around the corner to break this down state-by-state to make the case for this not being the wildest of pipe dreams in today's America. The Senate that passed the ACA had three senators from the Dakotas, two from Arkansas, two from Montana, and one each from Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina and West Virginia. That's fifteen Senate votes that are not coming back anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 109June 23, 2024 1:57 PM

Remember when DL used to be a gay site and the issues were same-sex marriage, ENDA, and gay rights in general?

by Anonymousreply 110June 23, 2024 1:57 PM

I should've made clear that that Senate had three DEMOCRATIC senators from the Dakotas, etc.

by Anonymousreply 111June 23, 2024 2:03 PM

Trump only has to not talk about electric sharks shocking Hannibal Lecter while visibly taking a dump and he's "won" the debate. That is how low the expectations are. We need them lowered for Uncle Joe too

by Anonymousreply 112June 23, 2024 2:14 PM

[quote] The Senate that passed the ACA had three senators from the Dakotas, two from Arkansas, two from Montana, and one each from Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina and West Virginia. That's fifteen Senate votes that are not coming back anytime soon.

The current number of Democratic senators may be a high water mark. In the swing states of Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Georgia, Democrats have 9 of the 10 senators. That is likely to go down in the future. Plus there are the Democrats in the red states of Ohio, West Virginia, and Montana, which if they don’t lose in 2024, will surely flip red eventually.

by Anonymousreply 113June 23, 2024 2:18 PM

You don’t need to r112. Hoe may have had a few slip ups (only a few), but he’s never had any Hannibal Lechter moments. He will be fine. Meanwhile, Dump hasn’t had a gaffe-free speech in forever. But I understand what you mean.

by Anonymousreply 114June 23, 2024 2:42 PM

^Ha I obviously meant Joe at r114.

by Anonymousreply 115June 23, 2024 2:43 PM

I believe firmly if Trump wins he won't be in office long. Once he starts doing crazy things I believe the military will get involved and they will remove him.

by Anonymousreply 116June 23, 2024 2:44 PM

The fact that he could steal and sell classified documents and pull that January 6th shit and still be walking around free shows there are no consequences. Ever

by Anonymousreply 117June 23, 2024 2:47 PM

[quote]The fact that he could steal and sell classified documents and pull that January 6th shit and still be walking around free shows there are no consequences.

You see, we have these institutions...

by Anonymousreply 118June 23, 2024 2:58 PM

R112 if we need to lower expectations for someone already accused of being senile by many even in his own party we are almost without question going to see trump win.

Biden needs a clear win . I am betting he will deliver. If not—- next batter up.

by Anonymousreply 119June 23, 2024 3:34 PM

R116 I do believe that many senior officers would fail to follow a clearly crazy and clearly illegal order from Trump .

But the fist 3 things our new officers learn when they train to be an officer are “follow the constitution and take direction and orders from the civilian leadership” x 3

Congress will need to deal with just plain crazy alone because our military will not. It’s not their fucking job.

by Anonymousreply 120June 23, 2024 3:41 PM

[quote]ObamaBare

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 121June 23, 2024 3:44 PM

Russia, are you listening? (Clearly, yes.)

“Biden is already dying,” one pro-Kremlin newspaper declared, citing the conservative outlet The Federalist. The Putin-friendly tabloid Komsomolskaya Pravda claimed he’s on the “verge of a catastrophic diagnosis,” quoting a Russian gerontologist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 23, 2024 3:56 PM

If Nebraska and Ohio can turn out voters to put pro women laws in place, getting rid of Red State Senators is on the table for undoing Supreme Court corruption. We shall see. And with the changing demographics of the US, changes in Red State Senators is inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 123June 23, 2024 4:01 PM

R122 This is the same strategy as the "HILLARY IS ON HER DEATHBED" stories of 2016. As seen on the cover of David Pecker's National Enquirer at every supermarket checkout in America. How was that not a campaign contribution for Trump? Free advertising.

Guess what? It's 8 years later and Hilz is just fine. Just like Biden is fine.

by Anonymousreply 124June 23, 2024 4:01 PM

R119, what do you mean by “next batter up,” etc.?

Biden is the incumbent. He is the Democratic Party’s nominee for President. That’s not going to change. Nor should it.

Stop talking uninformed nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 125June 23, 2024 4:51 PM

Trump is looking hunched over and walking slower.

Philadelphia was a disaster for him.

by Anonymousreply 126June 23, 2024 5:05 PM

R125 and if on the small chance Biden comes off like a senile old man in the debate not like the sharp as a tack man he is , if the papers are full of Trump wins the debate in the morning , then the dem party will realize that they must pick someone else.

And they will.

by Anonymousreply 127June 23, 2024 5:23 PM

What is the mechanism by which the "dem party" picks somebody else? A simple announcement at the convention, oh yeah, it's this guy now, everybody pretend you voted for him?

by Anonymousreply 128June 23, 2024 5:49 PM

[quote] What is the mechanism by which the "dem party" picks somebody else? A simple announcement at the convention, oh yeah, it's this guy now, everybody pretend you voted for him?

Pretty much

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 23, 2024 5:56 PM

R128

Nope they actually take votes at the convention. Sometimes the votes would go on and on, somewhat like picking a pope, until someone gets the nomination.

It’s must watch TV and lots of shit that goes on behind closed doors. It’s all quite exciting. Really history making exciting.

Now there is a word we have not heard much associated with the Dems lately——exciting.

Yes Biden would have to drop out of the race but if it’s clear he can’t outdebate Donald trump he will be asked to do so.

That said I think Joe will win the debate in the minds of most

by Anonymousreply 130June 23, 2024 5:57 PM

That’s nonsense, R130. There hasn’t been a contested convention like in 40 years, at least, since Ted Kennedy tried - and FAILED - to oust President Jimmy Carter. And that was just hubris on Kennedy’s part and more a demonstration of how the Democratic Party no longer belonged to his family.

If anyone was going to have a contested convention this year it’s MAGA. Everyone is ignoring the Post reporting from yesterday revealing a far right MAGA faction’s plan to wrest the nomination away from Trump and install Miike Flynn at the top of their ticket. Not that it wouid happen but there’s divisiveness within that movement.

The Democratic Party needs to coalesce behind our nominee and stop this bed wetting already. It’s not just about Biden, it’s about an entire platform of ideas and policies and achievements. It’s not a talent show, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 131June 23, 2024 6:27 PM

You aren't fooling anybody, r130.

by Anonymousreply 132June 23, 2024 6:36 PM

[quote]Philadelphia was a disaster for him.

An absolute poster child of sundowning. But then again Philadelphia is a scourge for so many of us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133June 23, 2024 6:46 PM

R131 well if you are correct and maga has a contested election that also will be just about the most watched tv event in the history of TV——the plot to overthrow trump. That would be amazing TV

Now all of this jabbering will be a moot point after Biden comes off smart and alert and presidential in the debate and the morning after discussion is NOT about how senile Joe looked and sounded.

I will wait until after the debate to judge how well he is going to do not before.

by Anonymousreply 134June 23, 2024 6:51 PM

Biden is going to be fine - that’s the reality. The Mehdi’s projects their concerns about Trump into Biden while giving Trump a free pass. Biden is not the fake, edited clips the right wing and mainstream media want to make him out to be. Don’t you pay attention to anything? It was a big headline recently about how the Post and Fox News fake edited a video of Biden at the G7 recently, etc. I mean, wake up.

by Anonymousreply 135June 23, 2024 6:56 PM

*the Mehdi’s???

the media

by Anonymousreply 136June 23, 2024 6:57 PM

[quote] The Democratic Party needs to coalesce behind our nominee and stop this bed wetting already. It’s not just about Biden, it’s about an entire platform of ideas and policies and achievements. It’s not a talent show, ffs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137June 23, 2024 6:58 PM

R135 assuming you have a team in sports to follow do you celebrate the teams wins before or after the game is played?

by Anonymousreply 138June 23, 2024 7:00 PM

Who are you going to believe? Your lying eyes or Karine Jean-Pierre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 23, 2024 7:01 PM

[Quote] Sometimes I worry more about what happens if Trump loses than if he wins. If he wins, the country will be far right wing but peaceful. If he loses, the far right will probably go ballistic, perhaps literally.

Hi Defacto.

“Rightwing but peaceful”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 23, 2024 7:02 PM

[quote] Philadelphia was a disaster for him.

Based on what?

by Anonymousreply 141June 23, 2024 7:03 PM

Karl Rove is seeing movement to Biden since the conviction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 23, 2024 7:36 PM

R141, based on a half filled one tier rally.

by Anonymousreply 143June 23, 2024 7:41 PM

In an auditorium.

by Anonymousreply 144June 23, 2024 7:42 PM

Regarding Trump, Rove is about as objective as Lynne Cheney. Trump took Jeb's turn.

by Anonymousreply 145June 23, 2024 7:46 PM

Trump now leads among Millennials

#4 ranked pollster

But don’t worry, Karl Rove says Biden will be fine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 23, 2024 7:47 PM

Women abandoning Biden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 23, 2024 7:49 PM

Nothing but weak pussy Dems who post here. If these pussies had been in charge of Germany or Japan in the spring of 1945 it would have been wringing hands and laments about defeat. Just because Biden is seemingly consistently losing support in one usually dem group after another it’s not time worry.

It’s time to ignore the intel (polls) and scream—-remember 2020 and 2022.

by Anonymousreply 148June 23, 2024 8:03 PM

THEMz and Queers for Palestine are turning on Biden too. Like he hasn't done more for them than every other fucking president combined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149June 23, 2024 8:05 PM

R106 no woman has died from not getting an abortion. Stop with the hyperbole. The SC will rule on emergency abortions this month and I doubt they will allow women to die from bad pregnancies.

by Anonymousreply 150June 23, 2024 8:08 PM

[quote]Nothing but weak pussy Dems who post here

The Biden bashers aren't Democrats, r148.

by Anonymousreply 151June 23, 2024 8:12 PM

R106, one of the main killers of pregnant women is domestic violence. Go to a reddit pregnancy forum and see all of the women going septic from doctors who refuse to do a D&C of their dead fetuses. I personally would commit suicide before being forced to give birth to a rapist's baby

by Anonymousreply 152June 23, 2024 8:14 PM

Yes, that all sounds great r150. Maybe the Supreme Court in its mercy will rule that women literally on the point of death, if 17 doctors and "hospital personnel" agree, can get abortions, if they manage to get to the hospital just in time.

But don't worry, none of that will have any impact on the women's vote. They are happy just to vote for the pussy grabber like good little cult members, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 153June 23, 2024 8:15 PM

R151 a worried democrat is still a democrat except to the “don’t worry ignore all the bad stuff we won in 2022 so we can’t lose now ” group of morons who see everyone they disagree with as maga a Nazi a Russian or worse a —-GOP.

If you are not worried you are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 154June 23, 2024 8:17 PM

[quote] The Biden bashers aren't Democrats,

They're exactly the same people datalounge adored when they harassed GWB everywhere he went

(or was that before your time)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 23, 2024 8:20 PM

[quote]Trump’s massive rally in Philly is going on.

In a 10,00 seat arena with the upper deck empty. You call that "massive"? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 23, 2024 8:24 PM

Erm, R148? Germany and Japan lost the war.

by Anonymousreply 157June 23, 2024 8:28 PM

R154, worrying does nothing. You’re actually part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 158June 23, 2024 8:30 PM

R150, did you say “hyperbole”? Wow. I’m guessing you don’t have a uterus. Feeling all comfy in your blue state bubble? You’re so out of touch with the threats women are facing to their health.

by Anonymousreply 159June 23, 2024 8:34 PM

You aren't fooling anybody, r154.

[quote]Biden though needs to win the debate. Can’t lose can’t tie he needs to show that only one of them is fit to be president. If both look equally fit or unfit Trump will win the election ( an opinion)If Biden can’t do that the Dems will need to find someone who can.

[quote]Biden needs a clear win . I am betting he will deliver. If not—- next batter up.

[quote]R125 and if on the small chance Biden comes off like a senile old man in the debate not like the sharp as a tack man he is , if the papers are full of Trump wins the debate in the morning , then the dem party will realize that they must pick someone else.

[quote]And they will.

[quote]Yes Biden would have to drop out of the race but if it’s clear he can’t outdebate Donald trump he will be asked to do so.

[quote]Biden will ace the debate and that is all that counts . Or Trump will smoke Joe and the Dems need to be looking for someone else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160June 23, 2024 8:36 PM

R158 better to ignore the evidence that your side is losing support and doing badly and not worry.

But worry is a human fucking condition all humans do it. But the morons that want to ignore every poll one after another that looks bad and then sing the don’t worry be happy song——that is optional. Smart people worry until they know they fucking won.

Clinton should have worried more not less.

by Anonymousreply 161June 23, 2024 8:38 PM

I'm not out of touch. I am a woman who was a 2nd wave feminist in the early 70s fighting for abortion. But the women couldn't be bothered to vote for Hillary so they could keep abortion. Sorry, I don't have much sympathy. Furthermore, I am an old woman who can't get pregnant and I do live in the bluest state in the nation. Abortion was always going to be overturned at some point. Pegging it to privacy was a weak argument and Abortion should have been codified a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 162June 23, 2024 8:40 PM

"We have had sufficient with Biden"------------black voters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163June 23, 2024 8:40 PM

[quote]We have had sufficient with Biden

If you're gonna quote me, get it fucking right.

by Anonymousreply 164June 23, 2024 8:43 PM

R148 is being sarcastic

It would be very hard for someone not to realize they were being sarcastic…

…unless they were AUTISTIC.

R157, when were you diagnosed?

by Anonymousreply 165June 23, 2024 8:44 PM

[quote]r161 - —When I worry I donate more

There aren't enough Sure, Jans in the world.

by Anonymousreply 166June 23, 2024 8:51 PM

No women have died from not having a abortion like nobody who refused vaccinations died from Covid.

Sure Jan.

The Anti Biden Trolls are particularly stupid here.

How about no woman has been raped in Texas since the reversal of Roe?

by Anonymousreply 167June 23, 2024 9:07 PM

So you're some fucking PUMA cunt that will now punish the universe because Hillary was not elected r162? Well, fuck you, then, you rancid old Trump Whore.

by Anonymousreply 168June 23, 2024 9:07 PM

[quote]I believe firmly if Trump wins he won't be in office long. Once he starts doing crazy things I believe the military will get involved and they will remove him.

OK, that's called a coup and you'll love it - until the coup where they aren't doing what you want them to do.

by Anonymousreply 169June 23, 2024 9:14 PM

If Biden aces the debate... it's all good. Still needs determination, but it's all good.

If he fucks it, big problem. No one will believe a strong second or third debate performance.

If he dropped out, is there even time to have some semblance of a race that gets decided at the convention or does a candidate get appointed? And who appoints?

by Anonymousreply 170June 23, 2024 9:16 PM

OK, R168, enough. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 171June 23, 2024 9:17 PM

A disturbing number of white supremacists is the army these days. I would not look to the military to make everything right with America by staging a coup.

by Anonymousreply 172June 23, 2024 9:18 PM

*in the army*, not *is the army* It ain't that bad.

by Anonymousreply 173June 23, 2024 9:19 PM

[quote]Meanwhile, Trump will be telling stories about this imaginary friend, Hannibal Lechter. Maybe he’ll explain his policy to abolish income tax which is a complete non-starter and would increase inflation by 140%. Maybe he’ll tell us about Gaza with his “I’ll wave a magic wand!

OK, time to get real, lets not delude ourselves. Trump is not going to go into his formulaic rant about sharks and batteries. He will get in some new content he's being advised on and it wont be the silly shit he normally talks about. He will however promise the sky and MAGA will eat it up like fried butter on a stick. Look out for "no taxes on tips", import taxes on Chinese goods, etc. Biden and more importantly Democrats just need to be ready with facts. "Do Americans really want to pay $100 more for a iPhone made in china? Do Americans really want lower taxes even if it causes the price of food to double by 200%?

Trump is not rehearsing his debate, that mean he's going to throw out WILD new shit just to throw Biden off his game and red meat to MAGA base. Even though the mic will be cut, no doubt he will still rant while Biden is speaking just to distract him from what he's trying to say. I hope Biden has a good joke prepared about his friend ranting and raving next to him without his mic on.

by Anonymousreply 174June 23, 2024 9:35 PM

1,000 dollar bet when Trump stats his visual antics with the mic off, MAGA is going to complain about the moderators and whine about freedom of speech. Of course that does not apply to Biden when his mic is off.

by Anonymousreply 175June 23, 2024 9:37 PM

R172 well let’s hope most Americans are not in favor of a military coup no matter what the make up of our military is. But one DLer has already called for a coup so it’s not 100% of Americans against.

Not enough gays and liberals in the military to make sure the correct thing is done if needed ? Whose fault is that?

by Anonymousreply 176June 23, 2024 9:42 PM

Biden needs to have a ringmaster visual and crack a whip at Trump while he is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 177June 23, 2024 9:46 PM

Personally, I think the correct thing to do is to take a very hard look at the constitution once this election is over, and hopefully won by Biden.

But the very fact that we are in a position to wonder about whether some president or some Supreme Court will wreck the place is a hint that we have gone very far from actual constitutional government, as envisioned by the Founders. For now, the priority is stopping Trump and all his works. A year from now, I believe the priority should be reviving real constitutional limits on both presidential and court powers, even if that makes Congress do the one thing it's terrified of doing: legislating and not just waiting for everyone else to tell it what to do.

by Anonymousreply 178June 23, 2024 9:51 PM

Republicans have wiped their asses with every American norm possible. From Trump issuing security clearances to Russian Assets, to fucking with the peaceful transition of power with a FUCKING INSURRECTION. He is a one man stress test for the Constitution. We need to come up to fat with a few new Amendments.

by Anonymousreply 179June 23, 2024 9:55 PM

R170 a first time caller asks what would happen on the remote slight tiny really small chance Biden blows the debate. Yes there is plenty of time. It would be exciting crazy full of energy and every channel everywhere would be covering it 24/7 It would be historic

Names would be put in nomination the states would vote , it would be a roll call vote for the state as a whole. It would go on as long as needed until the exciting moment we have a nominee. Then all the excitement of the VP. Lots of back room meetings

The GOP convention would be a lot of angry people doing a lot of complaining.

On the slight chance Joe goes tits up and acts like a 81 yo who is not all there the Dems could ride a wave of excitement then throw their young Turks at Trump with lots of energy and enthusiasm. Something the Dems could use a little of excitment ..

This is one really important debate. And if you are not worried you are stupid. Or just don’t give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 180June 23, 2024 9:56 PM

Fat=few

by Anonymousreply 181June 23, 2024 9:56 PM

LBJ quit very late in the game. It has happened before.

by Anonymousreply 182June 23, 2024 9:58 PM

the difference with LBJ and all those open conventions is that the candidates all had real electors to show for their efforts. LBJ dropped out after the very first primary in New Hampshire, allowing Humphrey and RFK and Eugene McCarthy to wage a real battle for electors in primaries and caucuses. In previous conventions, there was a first ballot when committed electors from the states voted as they'd promised.

only when those first ballots failed to pick a candidate by overall majority, as they often did, were there subsequent ballots and all kinds of horse trading and fights and maneuvering. But it was always about candidates who had shown some kind of electoral strength before the convention fighting for electors, who had to be freed by their candidates. Somebody giving up, and telling his electors to go vote for Warren Harding, who whoever.

What people are asking for now is a bunch of people committed to Joe Biden, meaning they have promised voters that they will nominate Biden, suddenly announcing that none of those primaries or caucuses matter, and they are simply going to pick a totally new person to be the candidate this year. Unless somebody thinks there will be some huge surge for Marian Williamson. Cause honestly, there won't.

by Anonymousreply 183June 23, 2024 10:11 PM

R183= idiot

All electors must vote for Biden.

They are bound to vote for him on the first ballot.

However, if he drops out, he will decline the nomination. Even if he drops out tomorrow he will still have to decline the nomination.

At that point, a new nominee will be chosen through subsequent ballots.

by Anonymousreply 184June 23, 2024 10:16 PM

[quote] If he dropped out, is there even time to have some semblance of a race that gets decided at the convention or does a candidate get appointed? And who appoints?

Who appoints? Wealthy donors. The people don’t count anymore. Wealthy donors kept Biden in the race, probably because of Israel, and now they will take it away from him.

by Anonymousreply 185June 23, 2024 10:18 PM

And that nominee will effectively come out of nowhere r184, and that is the problem. What everyone is saying here to Democratic Party voters in the primaries is that none of their votes matter, at all. It is purely now a party picking a nominee and telling the actual voters, Behold Your Nominee in Whom I Am Well Pleased.

I'm not sure that whole process will go nearly as smoothly, from the perspective of the voters, as you seem to imagine it will.

by Anonymousreply 186June 23, 2024 10:20 PM

But the primaries this time weren't real. It was Biden and that guy. It was a formality, not like the primaries prior to 2020.

by Anonymousreply 187June 23, 2024 10:30 PM

[quote] And that nominee will effectively come out of nowhere [R184], and that is the problem.

And WHO CREATED THAT PROBLEM.

Biden.

by Anonymousreply 188June 23, 2024 10:31 PM

The trolls are getting stupider (as if that's possible). The Democratic Party can't just up and replace Biden. Lawrence O'Donnell did a whole A block on this.

And this is a Fox/Reich Wing talking point. If some of you trolls are far left as you say, STOP DOING THE WORK OF THE REICH WING!!! Smarten up.

by Anonymousreply 189June 23, 2024 10:44 PM

The trolls have certainly found their gathering place here, R189. Fortunately, I've already blocked a good number of them.

by Anonymousreply 190June 23, 2024 10:47 PM

R190 I typically don't block people but I'm going to start. They're derailing these threads with their repetitive nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 191June 23, 2024 10:49 PM

R182, March 31, 1968

by Anonymousreply 192June 23, 2024 10:50 PM

The Republicans will do abysmally this November. I can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 193June 23, 2024 10:53 PM

Trump will fail. They call them houses of cards for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 194June 23, 2024 10:57 PM

Well, I hope so r194, but honestly it won't just sorta happen. It will take effort and pushback and a whole lot. I wasn't sure I'd even watch this stupid debate, but now I am getting excited about it, and more convinced that Biden is going to have to do some serious smackdown of this useless bitch.

by Anonymousreply 195June 23, 2024 11:00 PM

Biden needs to attack the entire Republican party. They cannot be trusted to govern until they cure their sickness.

by Anonymousreply 196June 23, 2024 11:03 PM

[quote]The trolls are getting stupider (as if that's possible). The Democratic Party can't just up and replace Biden. Lawrence O'Donnell did a whole A block on this.

They can if he drops out. Why do you think he wanted the debate before the convention?

Darling,

Joe Biden has already been fired.

by Anonymousreply 197June 23, 2024 11:05 PM

Agree r196. You're right, he can't just stop at Trump. Trump is a symptom of a much deeper sickness.

by Anonymousreply 198June 23, 2024 11:06 PM

LOL this man is a symptom of a much deeper sickness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199June 23, 2024 11:09 PM

They are doing an early debate to see if they have to replace him. He will become Ruth Bader Biden.

by Anonymousreply 200June 23, 2024 11:09 PM

It just makes me nuts, R198. Choice. The bipartisan border deal. The obeisance to Trump. They are sick. They have lost their way. What's next? Scare the fuck out of voters, rightfully so. They're all awful people who shouldn't be anywhere near government until they start putting country before Trump.

by Anonymousreply 201June 23, 2024 11:10 PM

No Boris, Mike Johnson and Mitch McConnell and Marjorie Sporkfoot and Lauren Handjob and Matt Childrape are much, much bigger symptoms than Joe Biden will ever be.

by Anonymousreply 202June 23, 2024 11:10 PM

I didn't realize Lawrence O'Donnell was mandatory viewing.

by Anonymousreply 203June 23, 2024 11:11 PM

"How can these people be so obedient to a sick old man," asks man blindly obedient to sick old man.

by Anonymousreply 204June 23, 2024 11:12 PM

You forgot lifelong criminal and rapist and treasonous fuck r204. That's much more of a problem than some "sick old man" fantasy they told you to type.

by Anonymousreply 205June 23, 2024 11:15 PM

If Biden knew he was unlikely to be reelected, and still ran, and avoiding prosecuting Trump for January 6 so he would have him as an opponent because he thought he would be easier to beat, only for that not to be the case, would then he not be the treasonous one?

by Anonymousreply 206June 23, 2024 11:31 PM

no, r206, he would not.

Also, let the Bernie dream die. It's done, sweetheart, it's done. Bernie knows it, everyone but you knows it, move on, sweetie darling.

by Anonymousreply 207June 23, 2024 11:35 PM

There is no Bernie dream.

There is only the impending Trump nightmare, which Biden caused with his hubris and insatiable greed for power.

by Anonymousreply 208June 23, 2024 11:38 PM

r203, not required but recommended.

by Anonymousreply 209June 23, 2024 11:47 PM

The president doesn't "prosecute" anybody, r206. You give yourself away.

by Anonymousreply 210June 23, 2024 11:51 PM

R210 neither does Merrick Garland so that makes for a good pairing.

by Anonymousreply 211June 24, 2024 12:07 AM

Please

Do

Not

Engage

The

Trolls

by Anonymousreply 212June 24, 2024 1:42 AM

No way, R2.

by Anonymousreply 213June 24, 2024 1:43 AM

Biden is a trained attorney. He has been in Congress for 50 years. He has been giving political speeches longer than Trump Has Been an adulterer. And he is a stutterer. He has been through 13 presidential elections and has won three of them. He has prevailed over Trump once. Trump, and Mark Burnett, will not know what hit them.

by Anonymousreply 214June 24, 2024 2:19 AM

"Biden campaign national co-chairman doesn’t know why Biden is losing ground with Latino voters"........... [bold]What exactly qualifies someone from a hellhole state like Louisiana to be "co-chair" of Bidens campaign?[/bold] Answer----->> NO FUCKING REASON. Geez. Maybe Joe wants to lose?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215June 24, 2024 2:40 AM

Seriously....[bold]THIS is the person representing the Biden Campaign?[/bold]......"Latinos move around from space to space"?. African Americans as well? How is that a fucking response?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216June 24, 2024 2:43 AM

I Trust in Joe.

Joe does not disappoint.

by Anonymousreply 217June 24, 2024 3:51 AM

At least Joe does not disappoint illegal Mexicans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218June 24, 2024 4:31 AM

I see the "I've learned how to use bold" troll has waked up. Morning in St. Petersburg for you! Potato is gud!

by Anonymousreply 219June 24, 2024 5:24 AM

R219 = See you on [bold]Thursday!![/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220June 24, 2024 6:03 AM

R220 I EAT EXCREMENT!!

by Anonymousreply 221June 24, 2024 6:14 AM

[quote] THEMz and Queers for Palestine are turning on Biden too.

They weren’t supporting him to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 222June 24, 2024 6:35 AM

Now the trolls are no longer saying Trump won’t attend the debates. lol

by Anonymousreply 223June 24, 2024 6:35 AM

[quote] Lawrence O'Donnell did a whole A block on this.

Lawrence O’Donnell?! 🤣 No wonder you have no idea what’s going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224June 24, 2024 6:38 AM

Per r220 Doubt equals treason in Joe's White House. Purging them speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 225June 24, 2024 6:39 AM

If the Borises are melting down to this extent four months before the election, it means we're very much on the right track. 😊

by Anonymousreply 226June 24, 2024 9:50 AM

[quote] This is the same strategy as the "HILLARY IS ON HER DEATHBED" stories of 2016. As seen on the cover of David Pecker's National Enquirer at every supermarket checkout in America.

Trump's "fake news" schtick is yet another example of his arsenal of projection.

by Anonymousreply 227June 24, 2024 10:21 AM

Bitch thinks Joan Rivers is still alive and our trolls are calling Biden senile?

[quote]This is the same strategy as the "HILLARY IS ON HER DEATHBED" stories of 2016.

I have enough distance from it now that I'm able to laugh at it. But my god, everything that could have gone wrong with her campaign, went wrong. Her stumbling into the car from exhaustion felt like a cherry on top of a shitcake at the time.

by Anonymousreply 228June 24, 2024 10:30 AM

[quote] I Trust in Joe. Joe does not disappoint.

Disappointment and ‘depression': Biden’s biggest fundraisers watch their advantage vanish

Joe Biden’s campaign planned to bury Donald Trump in an avalanche of cash.

Instead, his allies are bracing for a slugfest without the benefit of a fatter wallet, as financial reports showed Trump outraising Biden in back-to-back months, hauling in huge sums after his 34 felony convictions and erasing Biden’s longstanding financial edge.

Democrats in recent days largely downplayed Trump’s new financial lead in the same way Trump’s allies had when Biden was running ahead in the money race — saying the president would have enough money to compete. But privately, several Democratic strategists and donors were reeling.

“There was the strategy of raising all this money on the front end so we could have this huge edge,” said one Biden bundler, granted anonymity to speak candidly. “The whole point of it was to come out with a sizable cash advantage and, you know, we’re now even and it’s June. … I have no other word for it other than ‘depression’ among Biden supporters.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229June 24, 2024 10:31 AM

The Biden trending is +4 points with all voters and up 20% with Independents and 60% 18-29.

Yes, the Borises have a reason to have their hair on fire.

It seems the Democratic bed wetters have learned control.

Here Boris, Boris, Troll over her, Boris...

It seems that Trump is in a LATHER, again.

Like a mad dog, Biden is gonna take him behind the barn and put him out of his misery.

by Anonymousreply 230June 24, 2024 11:06 AM

Joan Rivers was an Early Voting proponent.

by Anonymousreply 231June 24, 2024 11:15 AM

The “Ruth Bader Biden” Troll here saying that Biden is dropping out is also defending Republicans, claiming that they don’t care about gay marriage and are definitely not going after it.

She doesn’t care about women’s rights or gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 232June 24, 2024 11:16 AM

ROFL this is how low Bidenists have sunk

Only able to push Biden’s advantage in the LEAST RELIABLE DEMOGRAPHIC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233June 24, 2024 11:16 AM

Thanks r233, I was wondering where r230's big Biden numbers were suddenly coming from. I sure wasn't seeing any sign of them in the list of individual polls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234June 24, 2024 11:48 AM

If you want to know what happens if one of the two die, decide to drop out, or for any other reason are no longer in the race don’t ask on DL what will happen ask the DEMs or the GOP who both have procedures in place to deal with this sort of thing. And deal with it they would.

And they from the two parties for good reasons are not on talk shows today explaining what their process is like.

And no not just rich donors will nominate people. Individuals from the various states will and then someone will 2nd.

It would be messy and exciting and loud and possibly confusing but they would have their nominee at the conclusion of their convention.

by Anonymousreply 235June 24, 2024 12:08 PM

This article points out a number of interesting things about results from those under 30. With the under 30 voters, 68% say Biden’s age is a factor in their vote. 54% say that about Trump’s age. Still, they are for Biden 61% to 38%. Their big issues that affect their vote appear to be young people issues: climate, race, and abortion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236June 24, 2024 12:17 PM

r233 r234 r235 r236

by Anonymousreply 237June 24, 2024 12:24 PM

Trumps black and Hispanic support today—-24% and 44%. By November this will get better, get worse, or remain pretty much the same.

None of us have a fucking clue which will be which

But when your biggest support group is the one least likely to vote and your traditional support group is now 24%;in favor of trump you would have to be a paid maga troll not to see this as a major problem,

by Anonymousreply 238June 24, 2024 12:24 PM

r238

by Anonymousreply 239June 24, 2024 12:26 PM

It's just simpler for me to block any post that squees Boris. People in denial don't have anything useful or informed to say.

by Anonymousreply 240June 24, 2024 12:27 PM

R240

Let me tell you why you have autism

It’s because you do not use this thread to converse or exchange information; you merely use it to write posts where you essentially think out loud to hear yourself speak

by Anonymousreply 241June 24, 2024 12:36 PM

This thread is a mess, even by DL standards.

by Anonymousreply 242June 24, 2024 12:37 PM

[quote] But when your biggest support group is the one least likely to vote and your traditional support group is now 24%;in favor of trump you would have to be a paid maga troll not to see this as a major problem,

While I get your concern, it's very one-sided & wholly ignores the Great Realignment the Trump "error" has wrought. That is, many college educated men, have joined forces with their female counterparts, and have now aligned themselves with the Dems. There's also the numbers of non-college educated suburban women who have abandoned the republican party. And older people are moving away from the republicans, too.

by Anonymousreply 243June 24, 2024 12:37 PM

R243 my God you didn't just drink the Koolaid, you shoot it up in your veins.

by Anonymousreply 244June 24, 2024 12:43 PM

Thanks, R241. Let me tell you why you have your head up your ass, you fool. Jesus, that's the most artful blend of pompous and ignorant I've ever read on DL. If I wanted to kill myself, I'd jump off your ego and land on your intellect. You laughable tool. Seriously, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 245June 24, 2024 12:44 PM

I mean it should not surprise anyone that someone so ethically dishonest as R243 is able to type that with a straight face because they are simply a reflection of their candidate.

by Anonymousreply 246June 24, 2024 12:45 PM

R245, I feel somewhat sad. I’ve had that troll blocked for awhile and can’t take advantage of the belly laughs I’m sure Boris provides. I’ll laugh vicariously through my fellow DLers.

by Anonymousreply 247June 24, 2024 12:47 PM

They're making purge lists for his second term. But yeah, let's talk some more about how your prunes are slightly more expensive now than they were four years ago. Russian assholes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248June 24, 2024 12:48 PM

R243 then I look forward to seeing biden with an actual lead in the polls showing he is more popular today than Trump. Polls are noting but intel at a certain point in time. Today the intel paints a bleak picture. That is not a forcast for votes in November . But it is accurate today. Joe is not all that popular a choice. 24% black support for trump today. 24% black support for trump today. 7% last election.

If Joe does not kick ass on Thursday watch for the polls to get worse. But if he does kick ass then the reverse should happen.

by Anonymousreply 249June 24, 2024 12:48 PM

R245 I am not kidding, it is quite obvious you are severely autistic. I am autistic myself buy not at the level that you are, because I prefer conversing with other people and engaging other people's opinions, and you do not. Only somebody who is severely autistic would be completely unable to converse with someone who even slightly disagrees.

by Anonymousreply 250June 24, 2024 12:48 PM

Btw r245, kudos to your slick burn, which is one of the best I’ve ever seen. I’m noting it for further use: “If I wanted to kill myself, I'd jump off your ego and land on your intellect.”

by Anonymousreply 251June 24, 2024 12:50 PM

Another example, the one poster who constantly brings up Russia - that person has no other values other than fear of Russia. Severe autism.

by Anonymousreply 252June 24, 2024 12:51 PM

Not unable, R250. Uninterested. If someone's best line of argument is to cry Boris at anybody arguing anything other than all is well, that's not interesting. It's pathetic and without point. Now I understand you won't do nuance, so let's just leave it there.

by Anonymousreply 253June 24, 2024 12:52 PM

If you look at the Boris troll, the Boris troll does not actually have opinions. He simply calls people who challenge his extremely narrow grip of reality "Boris." This is in line with autistic behavior. He comes to this thread looking for confirmation that his grasp of reality is correct and demands anyone else be blocked. He does not block them himself, he demands other people block them. This is consistent with autistic habits of creating a selective reality.

by Anonymousreply 254June 24, 2024 12:56 PM

R250 Oh you were CRITICIZING the person who says Boris. Okay, nevermind, sorry. I thought you were calling the person Boris for saying something you disagreed with.

THAT person is severely autistic.

by Anonymousreply 255June 24, 2024 12:58 PM

This thread has definitely attracted the trolls. Wonder if it’s the title? 🤔🤔🤔. Thy are definitely panicking.

by Anonymousreply 256June 24, 2024 1:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257June 24, 2024 1:15 PM

[quote] then I look forward to seeing biden with an actual lead in the polls showing he is more popular today than Trump.

I gave you the benefit of doubt initially, but you're obviously engaging in cognitive dissonance with this response.

by Anonymousreply 258June 24, 2024 1:17 PM

I'm sick to my goddamned stomach.

We're gonna need each other, guys. Not looking forward to November.

by Anonymousreply 259June 24, 2024 1:17 PM

[quote] This thread has definitely attracted the trolls. Wonder if it’s the title?

As crazy as it seems, there are actually people who believe Trump can’t win.

by Anonymousreply 260June 24, 2024 1:25 PM

How long will the two commercial breaks be on Thursday evening?

Ninety minutes is a long time without a bathroom break.

by Anonymousreply 261June 24, 2024 1:31 PM

And there are actually people who believe Biden can't win. And won't shut up about it.

by Anonymousreply 262June 24, 2024 1:32 PM

[quote] Ninety minutes is a long time without a bathroom break.

No problem. Old Joe's diapers probably are extra absorbent.

by Anonymousreply 263June 24, 2024 1:35 PM

R258 are you suggesting you have no interest in Joe doing better in the polls? Like maybe after Thursdays debate.

Trump has today 24% of black support and over 40% Hispanic support ( a shocking level of support) and you are criticizing my hope this will Improve in Joes favor ? You can’t be that stupid not to want the same.

Joe is in trouble today. That is a fact. Ignore that all you want.

by Anonymousreply 264June 24, 2024 1:42 PM

These mafackas really want us to believe that Trump has a snowball's chance in hell. Well, guess what bitches, he don't.

by Anonymousreply 265June 24, 2024 1:46 PM

R265 Good for you sweetly I said the same thing years ago

by Anonymousreply 266June 24, 2024 1:56 PM

Datalounge already said that Trump won’t debate so who cares?

by Anonymousreply 267June 24, 2024 2:08 PM

[quote] are you suggesting you have no interest in Joe doing better in the polls?

I was responding to the patently false claim that there were no polls showing Biden in the lead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268June 24, 2024 2:08 PM

Reading this article, it seems like the main reason people push that Biden can’t be replaced is because Democrats haven’t done any Plan B planning. If Biden were to lose, that might be something to look at, for a political party to always have a backup plan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269June 24, 2024 2:09 PM

There are reasonable analyses of why Trump will lose, and why Biden will lose. Some of that reasonable analysis is buried in this thread, but it's very hard to wipe off the trolling residue to find it. The internet was clearly a mistake. Some more specific points responding to "points" made above:

1. The election is truly close. The Fox poll (one of the more respected) now shows Biden slightly ahead - and more important that the % in the poll, is the trend shown.... moving away from Trump. Polls, at this point, are more useful to show movement in the electorate rather than a number now that predicts November. 2. Latino voters are very diverse. Thinking of second and third generation Latinos (i.e. younger) as somehow having distinct interests from the general populace is wrong. College educated Latinos (like all college educated voters) are strongly supportive of Biden. Non-college educated blue collar Latinos are very concerned about inflation and feel like the "system" is corrupt... i.e. they are vulnerable to Trump's show. 3, The debate will shift a lot of the discussions surfaced in this thread: the central question, is Biden competent enough to handle the job or another four years. If Biden performs like SOtU speech, then the focus will be on how goofy Trump really is.

by Anonymousreply 270June 24, 2024 2:19 PM

R268 no you were responding to me and I sure never said anything like that. Of course some polls show Biden ahead. It’s been that way for months,

All of this is wasted talk until after the debate.

by Anonymousreply 271June 24, 2024 2:25 PM

Biden better go in and push that motherfucker's buttons. I worry without an audience Trump will be low energy and therefore not maniacal. I do think in any instance he's likely to appear nonsensical but Joe will have to be on his best game not to run the same risk.

I want Biden to win, for the sake of the world; as president he has an accomplished record; but he is as heavily a flawed [italic]candidate[/italic] as has run since Hillary and subjectively he seems frailer in the last six months.

We need him to win, but what a fucking nail biter.

by Anonymousreply 272June 24, 2024 2:27 PM

[quote] [R268] no you were responding to me and I sure never said anything like that. Of course some polls show Biden ahead. It’s been that way for months,

Ahem.

[quote] then I look forward to seeing biden with an actual lead in the polls showing he is more popular today than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 273June 24, 2024 2:31 PM

[quote]he is as heavily a flawed candidate as has run since Hillary

Umm, he's the only candidate since Hillary?

by Anonymousreply 274June 24, 2024 2:34 PM

[quote] The Fox poll (one of the more respected)

The first time those words have ever been posted on Datalounge. A sign of how bad things overall are for Biden when a FOX poll is the twig grasped by the drowning man.

That;s not even to say the poll is wrong. Just amusing that it's being relied upon after being denigrated and totally disregarded by the board for so many years .

ps-- Rasmussen has Trump up 9 points. Are they now also rehabilitated?

by Anonymousreply 275June 24, 2024 2:34 PM

God, you're right, R274. It feels like so long ago. My error in phrasing.

by Anonymousreply 276June 24, 2024 2:35 PM

[quote]he is as heavily a flawed candidate as has run since Hillary

He's also the only one who has beaten Trump, so there's that as well.

by Anonymousreply 277June 24, 2024 2:40 PM

R273 :-)

When I say I hope that Biden improves in the polls ( you know like a clear fucking lead ) I am not suggesting Biden does not lead in any of the dozens of polls being conducted this election. I find it hard to believe you took it that way.

I bet you are smarter than that

by Anonymousreply 278June 24, 2024 2:40 PM

R275 A Fox poll showing Biden ahead is evidence of how bad things are overall for Biden. Right. Pretzel logic.

I can't speak for all of DL, but I've always known that the Fox poll was one of the more respected polls. A or A+ in the way polls are rated. Fox news is pure rightwing propaganda. The Fox poll is one of the better polls.

by Anonymousreply 279June 24, 2024 2:52 PM

[quote] A sign of how bad things overall are for Biden when a FOX poll is the twig grasped by the drowning man.

Remember when Quinnipiac had Biden ahead by 6 in January and by 4 in February, despite almost every other poll in those months showing Trump ahead? People on DL clung to that poll, ignoring all the rest, for what seemed like months. I expect the same for this Fox News poll.

by Anonymousreply 280June 24, 2024 2:53 PM

R280 "People on DL clung to that poll..." Is your goal to discuss the election, look at policy and personalities of candidates, and review multiple sources of information about how the election is going, or to troll DL?

by Anonymousreply 281June 24, 2024 2:55 PM

[quote] I find it hard to believe you took it that way.

Not knowing you from Adam, I took your words literally. There's no shortage of trolls on this thread, so I'm especially sensitive to that possibility when reading these posts. I'm happy that you're not one of THEM.

by Anonymousreply 282June 24, 2024 3:00 PM

R281, it was a reply to r275.

by Anonymousreply 283June 24, 2024 3:05 PM

Trump wouldn't be doing the debate if he wasn't worried about the polls. Simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 284June 24, 2024 3:14 PM

Will there be DL viewing parties?

by Anonymousreply 285June 24, 2024 4:09 PM

[quote] Will there be DL viewing parties?

There will be two threads. One for “Biden hits it out of the park winning decisively”. The other will be “Biden’s Sad Last Days”. Both titles will be written before the debate even starts.

by Anonymousreply 286June 24, 2024 4:14 PM

R284, you are spot on. Dump didn’t do any Repuke debates as the front runner. There was no downside to avoiding them. But now, he knows he’s losing momentum. He also knowns he has a ceiling that he will not exceed withiut brining new voters on board.

by Anonymousreply 287June 24, 2024 4:15 PM

The debate drinking game should be 'take a drink each time Trump sniffs'. You'll be blackout drunk in the first 10 minutes!

by Anonymousreply 288June 24, 2024 4:16 PM

r279, it's the reason their statistics division called Arizona so early. Frightfully reliable.

After Fox calls 2024 for Biden, Biden needs to have Trump arrested as he is no longer a candidate pending his 1/6 Fed Insurrection Indictment and his FL Fed Espionage and Obstruction case. He has no reason to have bail. Let the hammer fall.

by Anonymousreply 289June 24, 2024 4:19 PM

R289 I've let my mind go down this rabbit hole. If/when Biden is elected I think he should "pardon" Trump of all charges (yes, I know the state charges aren't federal so Biden has less authority to get rid of those). But pardoning and commutations would make Biden the Alpha and Trump the weak supplicant. That works for country and its future.

by Anonymousreply 290June 24, 2024 4:26 PM

R290… I don’t know. It would certainly take the wind out of his sails, and the Dumpers couldn’t claim that Dump is being targeted. But the crimes are so heinous (especially the Jan. 6 crimes) that I can’t justify it at all. How can we say that we are a nation of laws if we let this crime go unpunished?

by Anonymousreply 291June 24, 2024 4:34 PM

r290, it would give Trump free reign to sell all of America's secrets, methods and agents.

That will be the basis of the 18 U.S.C. § 794 charges, yet to be filed, that will give Trump the hot needle.

If there is one thing Trump has proven is that HE CANNOT BE TRUSTED.

It is the only way to seal those secrets.

by Anonymousreply 292June 24, 2024 4:35 PM

R292 "Commuting" sentences would have no impact on what Trump would do after such commutation. The Supreme Court could decide that all Presidents and ex-Presidents have absolute immunity (we're waiting for that other shoe to drop)... but that would change the whole calculation.

I just think after he wins Biden should help poor-little-Donny get on with his life, which unplugs the whole "I am your retribution" energy.

by Anonymousreply 293June 24, 2024 4:40 PM

[quote]I worry without an audience Trump will be low energy and therefore not maniacal.

But he's stupid in any iteration, and needing to talk intelligently like an adult both to The President and to the viewing millions will challenge him beyond endurance. Have you ever in decades seen Trump engage in articulate debate with back and forth and insightful argument? It's beyond him, with his adolescent thug mentality and National Inquirer reading skills. Biden should wipe the floor with him.

by Anonymousreply 294June 24, 2024 4:44 PM

[quote]to The President

R294 I like the caps.... I think and something subliminal will also happen in the debate. One man is President, the other isn't. Trump denying the election, keeping the image of "winner", has been key to his restored viability (after the shift away from him after Jan 6 etc.) On our screens will be one man speaking like a President (we can hope) because he IS one, and another fractured TV personality complaining about losing. Not a good comparison for T.

by Anonymousreply 295June 24, 2024 4:55 PM

That is true r295. Calling Trump a big loser in every way possible could be a very useful way to get to him, and get him to blow up in one of his idiotic rages.

by Anonymousreply 296June 24, 2024 4:58 PM

Trump is going to implode spectacularly on Thursday night and the Republican know it. They are already *Spinning* the bullshit story in advance that, "The Debate is rigged" ( in Biden's failure) , "Biden will be given the questions beforehand", or the Rules if the Debate are inherently "Unfair" to the Orange Goblin. PLEASE.

More importantly WHY is Trump's team busy manufacturing these ideas- because they know he SUCKS. Right now he is in the middle of Cognitive degeneration, that is melting down like a nuclear reactor. Have you heard any clips from this guy in public lately? Sharks and Electricity? Democrats shutting of water ( and no one can run their Dishwashers???) WTF. It's laughable and FOX News notably cut away in the middle of his last speech because he was so embarrassing and incoherent.

And unlike earlier occasions, his Team will not be able to use the prior crutches he relied on: DRUGS. He will either be cratering into Sundowning and the effects of downers to get control of his lunacy, or hop him up on his usual cocktail if Coke and Adderall- which is when he will well and truly go off the rails.

I'm looking forward to watching this Debate I tell you, and all the MAGA tears to follow. Should be fun.

by Anonymousreply 297June 24, 2024 5:19 PM

Could a Presidential pardon essentially be part of a plea deal? Tie his hands if he behaves, automatic jail if he violates?

by Anonymousreply 298June 24, 2024 5:22 PM

Criminal trump should not be pardoned. He tried to install himself as dictator. Lock him up!

by Anonymousreply 299June 24, 2024 5:29 PM

Trump is a criminal who needs to be tried under the rule of law as a common criminal. If he loses in November, he is no longer a candidate. He needs to be jailed for his crimes. No person indicted under the Espionage Act has ever roamed free under bail.

Tick.Tock.Trump

by Anonymousreply 300June 24, 2024 5:32 PM

R297 I think everything is altered by our filters. All the insane mush-mouthed nonsense that most hear from Trump (sharks, shampoo, dead people voting, gravel-voiced insane ranting) his followers are amused by. "oh, that's just Trump!!" That is the troubling truth of the Tribal Era we are living through. "Oh I eat my boogers and drink blood!" and his supporters laugh and shake their heads in amusement.

by Anonymousreply 301June 24, 2024 5:33 PM

[quote]Trump is a criminal who needs to be tried under the rule of law as a common criminal. If he loses in November, he is no longer a candidate. He needs to be jailed for his crimes. No person indicted under the Espionage Act has ever roamed free under bail.

Over my dead body!

by Anonymousreply 302June 24, 2024 5:40 PM

I find it hilarious that Trump's genius uncle at Stanford never knew about Archimedes.

Hey Trump, the boat wouldn't have sunk due to the weight of the battery.

Have you seen container ships, you moron?

He doesn't have to get rid of the Department of Education. His followers are stupid enough already.

by Anonymousreply 303June 24, 2024 5:42 PM

Will there be an In Memoriam segment Thursday evening?

by Anonymousreply 304June 24, 2024 5:44 PM

R304 Yeah, for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 305June 24, 2024 5:46 PM

Yes, Rose at r304, for all the lying criminals we've lost this year

by Anonymousreply 306June 24, 2024 5:47 PM

If Trump starts in and doesn't shut up Biden should just drop trou and show viewers who the real winner is.

by Anonymousreply 307June 24, 2024 5:51 PM

Trump can't debate actual policy and now he won't get to interrupt Biden either because the mics will be cut. The only thing left is for him to do a mini unhinged rally speech with a hundred different ideas in it every time it's his turn to speak. And we've all seen his supporters getting bored of those speeches. So yeah, good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 308June 24, 2024 6:07 PM

One of the targets in the debate will be the “ double haters” those that absolutely do not want either or any of those running. You don’t need to win them over as such just get them to hate you a little less..

An interesting approach to winning American elections just be slightly less hated than the other guy.

No matter who wins this election they will arrive in Jan as the least popular winner in American history. That’s not a knock as much as it’s a realization of what future elections will be like.

by Anonymousreply 309June 24, 2024 7:00 PM

Let's dispense with the talk of a pardon. When you accept a pardon, you have to admit that you are guilty of having done the thing. Dump would NEVER, EVER admit that he is a lying, grifting criminal.

by Anonymousreply 310June 24, 2024 7:12 PM

I believe the reason the Supreme Court has not released its opinion on presidential immunity is that either Alito or Thomas has written the minority opinion in favor of presidential immunity. And they are pissed that they lost so they refused to release it.

by Anonymousreply 311June 24, 2024 7:29 PM

[quote] When you accept a pardon, you have to admit that you are guilty of having done the thing.

I didn't have to.

by Anonymousreply 312June 24, 2024 7:33 PM

R311, is there some indication when the term will be over? It must be soon, so the decision should be coming soon as well.

by Anonymousreply 313June 24, 2024 7:33 PM

How anyone can consider voting for a convicted felon and insurrectionist is beyond me. STUPID.

by Anonymousreply 314June 24, 2024 7:36 PM

R314 exactly you could never trust a convicted felon and insurrectionist they are bad people. Trust the state.

by Anonymousreply 315June 24, 2024 7:49 PM

r313 This week.

by Anonymousreply 316June 24, 2024 7:50 PM

^Or early next week.

by Anonymousreply 317June 24, 2024 8:04 PM

[quote]I believe the reason the Supreme Court has not released its opinion on presidential immunity is that either Alito or Thomas has written the minority opinion in favor of presidential immunity.

No, the reason it hasn't released its opinion is because the conservative majority wants to help Trump avoid accountability for as long as possible.

by Anonymousreply 318June 24, 2024 8:42 PM

[quote]If Trump starts in and doesn't shut up

His microphone will be shut off when it's not his turn.

by Anonymousreply 319June 24, 2024 9:34 PM

The microphones being turned off when it’s not their turn will help Biden, if Biden were to start yelling at clouds while Trump is speaking.

by Anonymousreply 320June 24, 2024 9:52 PM

Anyone who thinks this orange traitor won’t declare his candidacy for 2028 on Nov 6 hasn’t been paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 321June 24, 2024 10:11 PM

R315, you’re being purposefully obtuse.

by Anonymousreply 322June 24, 2024 10:21 PM

Trump Doesn’t Have the Support of a Single Fortune 500 CEO, Top Business School Prof Claims On CNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323June 24, 2024 10:49 PM

[quote]Anyone who thinks this orange traitor won’t declare his candidacy for 2028 on Nov 6 hasn’t been paying attention.

That and a quarter, or whatever the going rate is for a cup of coffee. I stated in a previous thread that he isn't going to get any younger, smarter, or healthier, nor are his legal problems going to just disappear. It's now or never for him.

by Anonymousreply 324June 24, 2024 10:51 PM

the SC session is from OCT to OCT of the next year. We won't see the trans bills come up before the fall.

by Anonymousreply 325June 24, 2024 11:02 PM

[quote] Trump Doesn’t Have the Support of a Single Fortune 500 CEO, Top Business School Prof Claims On CNBC

I guess it’s not surprising that Fortune 500 CEOs and the working class would be on opposite sides.

by Anonymousreply 326June 24, 2024 11:12 PM

At the end of this optimistic Politico article is this little nugget:

[quote] Meanwhile, next door in Indiana, Republicans are fretting that even in a state Trump won by 16 points in 2020, the party’s lurch to the right could be problematic for them come November. Earlier this month, state Rep. Julie McGuire, Sen. Mike Braun’s endorsed candidate for lieutenant governor, narrowly lost to Micah Beckwith, the Christian nationalist pastor and former congressional candidate who has said that God told him he sent “those riots to Washington” on Jan. 6 and that it was God’s “hand at work” In a memo obtained by POLITICO, James Bopp Jr., the Indiana lawyer who advises National Right to Life, wrote that Trump’s results in the state’s May primary pose “danger” for the party’s own ticket. “Trump got 78% of the Republican primary vote and [Nikki] Haley got 22%,” he wrote. “Now there is very good reason to think that 10 to 12% of that vote were Democrats, leaving 10% of Republicans not convinced to support Trump.” He added: “This makes the general election very dicey.”

In Indiana!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327June 24, 2024 11:21 PM

[quote]R219 = See you on Thursday!!

Are they broadcasting the US presidential debates in Irkutsk now?

by Anonymousreply 328June 25, 2024 1:09 AM

R326 Always this same frustrating error. What you mean is "white working class".... the working class among non-whites are on the side of those CEOs, eh pookie?

by Anonymousreply 329June 25, 2024 2:32 AM

r329, saying any demographic group votes a certain way, like Black Americans vote Democratic or working class voters vote Republican, doesn't mean or imply that literally 100% of them do.

by Anonymousreply 330June 25, 2024 3:12 AM

Trump begging the blacks in a Detroit church or Temple University to like him, or his begging the Libertarians to vote for him (with audiences packed with his Dead Head supporters). He is desperate for votes.

by Anonymousreply 331June 25, 2024 3:52 AM

[quote] Trump Doesn’t Have the Support of a Single Fortune 500 CEO, Top Business School Prof Claims On CNBC

Certainly not the CEO of Boeing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332June 25, 2024 6:09 AM

[quote]Trump Doesn’t Have the Support of a Single Fortune 500 CEO, Top Business School Prof Claims On CNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333June 25, 2024 12:30 PM

That Axios article shows that Trump got zero in 2016 as well (when we was also not the incumbent), so apparently no change from that election. On the other hand, the fact this info is available to the public may be why CEOs don’t want to be seen as supporting Trump, for brand reasons.

by Anonymousreply 334June 25, 2024 1:08 PM

MAGAt World: La La La I Can't Hear You

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335June 25, 2024 3:52 PM

Trump is demanding support from the people he made richer with the Trump Tax Hoax.

He may not go beyond his sphere of the Evangelical billionaires who purchased him in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 336June 25, 2024 4:07 PM

He'd just blame inflation on Biden and the media would not question it.

by Anonymousreply 337June 25, 2024 8:15 PM

I had no idea rich establishment CEOs would not be supporting a radical anti elite populist movement trying to restructure our country.

Surprising they are not throwing their $$$$$$$$$$$$ behind this.

by Anonymousreply 338June 25, 2024 9:01 PM

yeah, Trump's gonna get right on that serious redistribution of wealth, but first, another trillion dollar tax cut for the rich!

Cause anything else would be elitist!

by Anonymousreply 339June 25, 2024 9:10 PM

Chris Hayes was showing clips tonight from the last debate featuring Scum Trump and President Biden. Trump was an absolute odious asshole and I can't believe anyone cast a vote for that criminal pile of shit. Suckers, cons, and criminals, that's his base.

by Anonymousreply 340June 26, 2024 3:12 AM

[bold]The Presidential Race Isn’t a Toss Up[/bold]

Nate Silver: “As our model launches, either Biden or Trump could easily win — but the odds are in the ex-president’s favor.”

He shows Trump currently with a 65.7% chance to win the presidential election, while Biden has a 33.7% chance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341June 27, 2024 12:08 AM

What about Hillary?

by Anonymousreply 342June 27, 2024 12:59 AM

R341 Nate Silver? He haven’t been relevant for over a decade.

by Anonymousreply 343June 27, 2024 1:06 AM

I want someone to slap Trump.

by Anonymousreply 344June 27, 2024 1:10 AM

Nate Silver is unreliable, he also predicted Newsom was going to get recalled. It failed spectacularly. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 345June 27, 2024 1:17 AM

Nate's brilliant predictions are over the top and off the mark:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346June 27, 2024 1:20 AM

Nate Silver might be on to something...

June 26th, The latest NYTimes/Siena poll has just been published:

"The head-to-head results of the survey show Mr. Trump with his biggest lead in a national Times/Siena poll among likely voters, 48 percent to 44 percent, a 3 percentage point margin when calculated before the figures are rounded. Mr. Trump’s lead with registered voters was an even larger 6 percentage points."

The latest Quinnipiac poll was released today: Trump 49% vs Biden 45%

538 (it's no longer owned by Nate Silver BTW, but now owned by ABC) has revised their prediction, with Trump now back in the lead.

by Anonymousreply 347June 27, 2024 1:40 AM

Nate Silver in ON SOMETHING. - There fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 348June 27, 2024 1:40 AM

Nate also said last time around, Republican would win Senate and lose of House. Completely wrong.

by Anonymousreply 349June 27, 2024 1:46 AM

Nate Silver is an aspie retart. Way overrated.

by Anonymousreply 350June 27, 2024 6:25 AM

I'm honestly sick over this whole thing. I was born in 1970. To watch my country go facist/authoritarian after 54 years is extremely painful.

My God. Trump truly did more damage to this country than Osama bin Laden ever DREAMED of doing. It is amazing.

What happens to our lives? What do things look like one year from now if the orange SCUMFUCK PIECE OF SHIT is elected?

Hold me, David.

by Anonymousreply 351June 27, 2024 7:44 AM

The latest Quinnipiac poll, coming after some favorable post-conviction ones, is a gut punch. A strong Biden showing in the debate is needed.

by Anonymousreply 352June 27, 2024 8:27 AM

[quote] The latest Quinnipiac poll, coming after some favorable post-conviction ones, is a gut punch.

Here's another gut punch: Voters in swing states trust Trump more than Biden to protect democracy. How can so many Americans be so stupid?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353June 27, 2024 8:49 AM

It is mind-blowing, R353.

by Anonymousreply 354June 27, 2024 8:53 AM

How do we deal, with a nightmare authoritarian government?

by Anonymousreply 355June 27, 2024 9:27 AM

But ... the Quinnipiac poll is of REGISTERED voters. And we know that Biden polls much better among likely voters. Also, critically, he's close or ahead - even among the larger pool of registered voters - in the dispositive big three Rust Belt States. He's behind, by three points, among this expanded cohort in Michigan, my home state. And he's not going to lose Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 356June 27, 2024 11:09 AM

R356 is going to hang himself come November.

by Anonymousreply 357June 27, 2024 11:52 AM

[quote] Nate Silver is an aspie retart.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 358June 27, 2024 11:53 AM

[quote] [R356] is going to hang himself come November.

More likely, I'll be hanged by crazed MAGAts, enraged over yet another in a long run of bitter losses.

by Anonymousreply 359June 27, 2024 11:57 AM

[quote] The latest Quinnipiac poll, coming after some favorable post-conviction ones, is a gut punch?

Another thing to note about the polls is that the felony conviction reaction is now baked in. There’s no future falloff to count on. Whatever effect the conviction was going to have has happened as everyone in the country already knows it occurred.

Also, the Quinnipiac poll shows that Biden has a 38% approval rating. People want Biden to go on the attack against Trump, but maybe he should be focused on trying to raise his own approval rating instead. It’s hard to imagine a president being re-elected at 38% approval.

by Anonymousreply 360June 27, 2024 1:26 PM

[quote] Another thing to note about the polls is that the felony conviction reaction is now baked in. There’s no future falloff to count on.

Trump made a tactical mistake delaying the trial as long as he did. The greater the distance between the trial and the election the less it would have mattered to the voters. Ancient history. As an example the "old news" meme worked so well for Bill Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 362June 27, 2024 2:06 PM

[quote]Voters in swing states trust Trump more than Biden to protect democracy.

What strange times we live in.

by Anonymousreply 363June 27, 2024 3:00 PM

[quote] Voters in swing states trust Trump more than Biden to protect democracy.

Speaking of democracy, was Biden elected to flood the nation with illegal third worlders ?

by Anonymousreply 364June 27, 2024 3:06 PM

Blocking the trolls has really thinned out this thread.

by Anonymousreply 366June 27, 2024 4:07 PM

[bold]Supreme Court punts on Trump immunity, taking thorny topic off debate table[/bold]

The Supreme Court took what could have been a heated topic at Thursday's presidential debate off the table by pushing its decision on former President Trump's legal immunity case for at least 24 hours.

[bold]Why it matters:[/bold] Trump's legal woes are at the center of both candidates' campaigns. For President Biden, it's because he knows some voters might shy away from backing a convicted felon. For Trump, it's because he claims to be the victim of politically motivated prosecutions.

[bold]Driving the news:[/bold] The court is down to its final cases of the term, with the question of presidential immunity looming largest on the outstanding docket...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367June 27, 2024 6:52 PM

R367, It was mentioned on MSNBC this morning that remaining SC decisions might/could extend into early July.

by Anonymousreply 368June 27, 2024 7:15 PM

I would not be surprised if this corrupt, rotten Supreme Court waited until AFTER the election to issue a decision.

There is no limit to the corruption to the Cash and Carry, 90 days good as cash, Roberts Court

by Anonymousreply 369June 27, 2024 7:25 PM

New Gallup Poll.

Both Biden and Trump are viewed unfavorably by majorities of Americans, but Trump’s favorability shows improvement, while Biden’s has worsened. Trump’s favorable rating (46%) has increased by four percentage points since the prior reading in December and is the highest for him since April 2020. At the same time, Biden’s favorable rating has dipped by the same four-point margin to 37%, his lowest since 2007, when he was unknown to many Americans.

46 percent of Americans surveyed saying Trump “has the personality and leadership qualities a president should have,” compared to 38 percent who said the same for Biden.

twice as many Republicans are pleased with Trump being the GOP nominee as Democrats are with Biden leading their party’s ticket.

Overall, less than half of Americans view either candidate favorably, think either has the personality and leadership qualities a president should have, and say they agree with either on the issues that are most important to them.

Americans perceive Biden’s advanced age as a far greater liability. Biden is also viewed as too liberal by a majority of Americans, whereas public opinion of Trump’s ideology is mixed.

Republicans offer a more positive assessment of their party’s candidate than Democrats do -- 91% of Republicans view Trump favorably, and 81% of Democrats view Biden favorably.

Independents view Trump and Kennedy more favorably than Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370June 27, 2024 7:34 PM

Leger, rated 79th (out of 277), has Biden ahead 45-43.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371June 27, 2024 7:41 PM

R371, you should read the methodology.

“This web survey about the pre-presidential debate in the U.S. was conducted from June 22 to June 24, 2024, with 1,003 Americans aged 18 or older. A margin of error cannot be associated with a non-probability sample in a panel survey.”

Non-probability sampling is a sampling technique in which the researcher selects samples based on the subjective judgment of the researcher rather than random selection.

by Anonymousreply 372June 27, 2024 8:01 PM

r372, spoilsport

by Anonymousreply 373June 27, 2024 8:04 PM

A poll with Biden ahead this week would be suspect, considering they are all Trump ahead or tie.

by Anonymousreply 374June 27, 2024 8:10 PM

Sure, Jan.

Biden Biden, Biden...

by Anonymousreply 375June 27, 2024 8:29 PM

If a blocked MAGAt trolls in a thread and no one is around to see it, does it make any impression?

by Anonymousreply 376June 27, 2024 8:32 PM

In 2016, Yrump was a cautionary tale. Look what can happen when you take your eye off the ball? People thought Hillary would win in a landslude. Many didn't even bother voting.

We seemed to learn our lesson in 2020. Democracy must be fought for every day. Haters never go away- they just go underground.

But here we are again. We have the chance to show the world that Trump is not America. To make him go away forever. Will the Under-45s stay home and play Xbox? Get high and binge-watch Euphoria? The future is in our hands.

by Anonymousreply 377June 27, 2024 8:43 PM

Exactly, r377.

These fascist kkkunts aren’t going to stop. This is a long term plan funded by dark money to totally do away with everything. Books, art, music, film that offends them will be banned. No gay marriage, no equality for anyone, no healthcare, no education, no elections.

They’ve been planning this bullshit for a long time and they just needed a cult leader to make it palatable. But once the traitor is dead and gone, they will another way to repackage it and hope scared and stupid assholes vote for it.

We cannot stop until the Federalist Society and ALL of their incarnations are utterly destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 378June 28, 2024 12:02 AM

THREE NEW POLLS

Quinnipiac has Biden with a 38/57 percent favorable to unfavorable split, a six-point gap behind Trump’s 44/51 percent split.

Gallup showed a bigger gap with Biden at a dismal 37/61 percent favorable to unfavorable split – a 24 point deficit for the incumbent. Gallup showed Trump with a 46/52 percent favorable to unfavorable split, a much more tame 6 point gap.

NYT/Siena poll showed Biden with a 38/59 percent favorable to unfavorable split, while Trump has a 46/52 percent split.

“The Quinnipiac and NYT/Siena polls were both conducted over the last week; Gallup’s was conducted from June 3-23,” added Kornacki of the timing of the poll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379June 28, 2024 12:09 AM

Hold my beer.

by Anonymousreply 380June 29, 2024 8:55 AM

Favorable ratings are NOT VOTES.

Try harder Trolls.

by Anonymousreply 381June 29, 2024 10:25 AM

Wishful thinking isn't votes either.

Try reality, Second Lieutenant Onoda.

by Anonymousreply 382June 29, 2024 11:36 AM

[quote] Favorable ratings are NOT VOTES.

Every president below 46% favorable in June of election year, other than Truman, has lost re-election. Trump in June 2020 was around 40%.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383June 29, 2024 1:37 PM

I give (gave) money to Biden. Were I to be polled as to "approval" of his performance, I would say I was "unfavorable" because of Gaza. I will vote for Joe in November happily. Those favorability polls are no longer predictive like they used to be.

by Anonymousreply 384June 29, 2024 2:35 PM

I posted a version of this in another thread. I hope you all remember this as election day approaches if Biden remains our candidate.

On his worst day Biden is superior to trump. He should double down and we should too. He just needs to give many more of those energetic speeches he gave yesterday.

If Biden were to drop dead two months after the election we would still have a successful Democratic administration in place. Kamala Harris would be president, and like her or not, she would not cave to Putin, self-deal with foreign billionaires, lie to us, destroy human rights, reproductive rights, or any one else's rights including those in the LGBT community.

Now if Biden himself decided to step down and support a nominee of equal of greater talent, we of course would support them.

Don't worry that Biden can't fulfill an entire second turn. We would be in good hands if he didn't with his hard-working and intelligent administration.

by Anonymousreply 385June 29, 2024 3:41 PM

[quote]Don't worry that Biden can't fulfill an entire second turn.

It's not about what you think.

The American public is worried.

According to polling, Kamala Harris is disliked even more than Trump.

No one believes that Biden can complete another 4 year term in his declining state.

The election will be, in essence, a choice between Trump vs. Kamala.

I doubt the American public would choose Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 386June 29, 2024 3:55 PM

Biden’s poor performance really kept Trump’s more jaw dropping statements out of the news. For example, going after Joe for not firing enough people. Calling him a “Bad Palestinian.” Designating jobs as “Black jobs”’and wrongly attributing Hillary Clinton’s description if “super predators” to Biden.

If he wins, Americans are going to quickly discover that they just elected another senile old man.

by Anonymousreply 387June 29, 2024 4:13 PM

Back to Trump:

I think he will do a Hannibal Lecter arrival at the Republican Convention, if he is not in jail.

by Anonymousreply 388June 29, 2024 4:26 PM

R386, that's the thing. Even critics of Biden on DL will vote for him. Of course. It's the rest of the country these infuriating posts don't think about. To me the bigger threat isn't the loyal... on both sides, they're fixed. It's the undecideds or, worse, those who may not vote at all as a result.

by Anonymousreply 389June 29, 2024 4:27 PM

As I've posted elsewhere, while it's too early to judge the efficacy of these post-debate polls, the Morning Consult poll - while showing Biden should "definitely" or "probably" be replaced as the Democratic candidate following his debate performance - has Biden up 45-44. Per the pollster, "President Joe Biden has lost no immediate ground to Trump."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390June 29, 2024 4:39 PM

R390, the SurveyUSA poll has Biden down by two.

by Anonymousreply 391June 29, 2024 8:34 PM

Americans just don’t like the Biden Administration as a whole. It’s too liberal, too elitist. Too out of touch. The backlash has been brewing for some time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392June 29, 2024 9:49 PM

Do try harder, r392.

by Anonymousreply 393June 29, 2024 9:51 PM

R392 is right. Most women hate it. I am on a whole forum where the women are angry about losing rights because of the trans movement.

by Anonymousreply 394June 29, 2024 9:54 PM

R394 Jesus you trolls. Right, decades of white Christo-fascist working to elect Trump and take over the Supreme Court, other courts, and state legislatures aren't responsible for women losing control over their bodies, it's "the trans movement", whatever that is.

by Anonymousreply 395June 29, 2024 10:24 PM

But we haven't lost control. Most people get their abortions from a pill and that is still legal. Several states are still legal

by Anonymousreply 396June 29, 2024 10:40 PM

Donnie, tell us how your genius Uncle, at Stanford, never heard of Archimedes?

Tell us Donnie why YOU never heard of Archimedes, like 99,9% of US High School Freshman science classes?

Tell us how those container ships hold 220,000 tons of cargo but your fancy pants, rich assed YACHT DESIGNERS, SIR, are complaining about the weight of YACHT BATTERIES? What a fucking dumbass you are SIR. Rex Tillerson, who knows how to run a fossil fuel business, was right when he called you a FUCKING MORON.

We know you use a solid gold

by Anonymousreply 397June 29, 2024 10:42 PM

[quote] Most people get their abortions from a pill and that is still legal.

I haven’t seen reporting in the media about Trump saying the pill would stay legal. Are abortion opponents unhappy about that? Are abortion proponents happy about it?

by Anonymousreply 398June 29, 2024 10:49 PM

Well, now that Chevron has been repealed, Evangelical Biology is law and it can be prohibited.

by Anonymousreply 399June 29, 2024 10:52 PM

Please, r399, you’re embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 400June 29, 2024 10:54 PM

Please, Troll Bot @ r400, you are not doing your job.

You are embarrassing your programming.

The dismantling of state experts has put Evangelical Biology front and center.

Next stop, Fetal Personhood.

by Anonymousreply 401June 29, 2024 10:58 PM

[quote]But we haven't lost control. Most people get their abortions from a pill and that is still legal. Several states are still legal

The key word is YET. You haven't lost the abortion pill yet. If Trump wins, will he protect that right? I don't think so. And the right Evangelicals have been talking about getting rid of the abortion pill. It's still killing an unborn fetus in their minds so no reason to stop there.

by Anonymousreply 402June 30, 2024 1:15 AM

[quote] Trump Can't Win, part 2

Politico: ‘Biden is toast’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403June 30, 2024 9:51 AM

Alan Lichtman has called every election right since 1980 except Bush/Gore (and he was right there, Gore did win).

He says that Biden will win if Democrats can just calm down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404June 30, 2024 2:42 PM

r402, The Supreme Court's Chevron reversal, clearly states that Evangelical Biology is supreme over any FDA Rules.

Or the entire FDA on ALL drugs.

The Woke, the people who are not Evangelical Christians, will all become Christian by forced conversion.

by Anonymousreply 405June 30, 2024 4:18 PM

This entire Biden replacement thing is all media circus nonsense. It'll go away in about a week. Calm the fuck down, Biden ain't going anywhere and he'll beat Dump a second time.

by Anonymousreply 406June 30, 2024 5:04 PM

Tomorrow everyone will be focusing on the Supreme Court's ruling in Trump's presidential immunity.

by Anonymousreply 407June 30, 2024 11:58 PM

And they will vote for immunity which will help Trump with the swing voters.

by Anonymousreply 408July 1, 2024 12:00 AM

Yep, they will surprise us more and go farther than even the best experts predicted and totally exterminating Trump thereby securing their replacements. Enjoy you 5 new Supreme Court Justices placed there by Trump you Biden haters.

by Anonymousreply 409July 1, 2024 12:04 AM

[quote]And they will vote for immunity which will help Trump with the swing voters.

No, they’ll send the case back to the lower court to define which presidential actions are immune and which are not, which would not happen until after the election. They’re not going to make a ruling that would give a future Democratic prez broad immunity. The entire point of waiting so long to deliver an obvious decision is to give Trump breathing room.

by Anonymousreply 410July 1, 2024 12:29 AM

Yep, R410 the name of the game is delay, delay, delay. And SCROTUS can have an excuse that they're just looking at the law. But we know better.

by Anonymousreply 411July 1, 2024 12:31 AM

The majority of Americans do not want Trump to win. If the dems put up someone who is not ready for the crypt, we've got it made.

by Anonymousreply 412July 1, 2024 12:40 AM

The majority of voters were going for Trump before the debate. Trump was slightly ahead so saying the majority of Americans is not accurate. Republicans and swing voters are voting for Trump. The Democrats won't win on their base alone.

by Anonymousreply 413July 1, 2024 12:44 AM

The majority of voters turns out are criminals and want to be ruled by one.

by Anonymousreply 414July 1, 2024 12:45 AM

[quote]If the dems put up someone who is not ready for the crypt, we've got it made.

We'll also need your wand and magic pixie dust, r412.

by Anonymousreply 415July 1, 2024 12:50 AM

Trump's nickname in the Kremlin is the American Gorbachev, as it is believed there that his chaos will be the downfall of the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416July 1, 2024 1:09 AM

Fucking duh!

Putin is going to pull out all of the stops to help his puppet win. It’s the only chance HE has to play Catherine the Great before he croaks.

WE can put an end to those dreams as well as the talibangelical wet dream of Project 2025. If we remain calm and hold steady.

by Anonymousreply 417July 1, 2024 1:12 AM

I don't know if Trump can win or not it's Biden that DEFINITELY can't win.

Even the NYT is telling him to resign.

by Anonymousreply 418July 1, 2024 1:15 AM

OH The NYT again! We all better stop now and just listen to a conservative editorial.

by Anonymousreply 419July 1, 2024 1:31 AM

[quote] Alan Lichtman has called every election right since 1980 except Bush/Gore

No, he hasn’t. There’s no evidence of this and he’s obviously on the Biden payroll.

by Anonymousreply 420July 1, 2024 2:03 AM

[quote]it's Biden that DEFINITELY can't win.

So firm in your conviction and trolling, r418!

by Anonymousreply 421July 1, 2024 2:06 AM

R421, he has a 38 percent approval rating. 72 percent of Americans don’t think he has the mental ability to do the job anymore. He is behind in nearly every swing state and national poll, when the opposite was true in 2020. He just bombed in his first debate.

Sounds like a recipe for success, huh?

by Anonymousreply 422July 1, 2024 2:28 AM

[quote]Sounds like a recipe for success, huh?

I haven't seen a better one presented yet, r422.

by Anonymousreply 423July 1, 2024 2:30 AM

Bitch, bitch, bitch, whine, whine whine. Come back you can give us actual solutions with real people, real plan, with all the money it takes to make it happen within 3 months. Actually less than that, because that's when the voting starts, you would need to have everything in place now. Adds would need to go out now, speaking engagement now, money now. Well good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 424July 1, 2024 2:58 AM

[quote] Trump's nickname in the Kremlin is the American Gorbachev, as it is believed there that his chaos will be the downfall of the US.

Vanity Fair is always my first stop when seeking scholarly insight into the innermost thinking of the Kremlin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425July 1, 2024 3:00 AM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426July 1, 2024 3:50 AM

WE DON'T CARE r426. He's got my vote! Now more than ever. Trump is a CONVICTED FELON.

by Anonymousreply 427July 1, 2024 3:58 AM

Here are the major outlets that have called on Biden to drop out of the race.

The New York Times

The New Yorker

The Economist

Chicago Tribune

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Both The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal editorial boards said bowing out should be seriously considered by the president, though neither went as far as to explicitly recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 428July 1, 2024 4:04 AM

[quote] And they will vote for immunity which will help Trump with the swing voters.

How so? I would think granting him immunity would encourage people get out and vote against him .

by Anonymousreply 429July 1, 2024 4:05 AM

R428 They're all bought by the Trump campaign and so is CNN.

by Anonymousreply 430July 1, 2024 4:06 AM

One bad debate vs uncountable lies, crimes and unending bullshit from Trump so incomprehensible that "word salad" would be an insult to words and salads?

What the cunting cum-slurping shit-eating fuck is wrong with everybody?

by Anonymousreply 431July 1, 2024 4:08 AM

Datalounge is full of Russian bots.

by Anonymousreply 432July 1, 2024 4:10 AM

R428 OH NO! Newspaper editorials! We should just stop thinking for ourselves and go with who they recommend, I am sure they don't have any reason to benefit form it like selling more subscriptions.😅

by Anonymousreply 433July 1, 2024 4:17 AM

[quote] Datalounge is full of Russian bots.

It is interesting how after the debate, which did not go well for Biden, all of these threads blew up with tons and tons of 'Biden should step down' talk.

I'm sure that one troll will immediately follow this up with "YOU'RE IN DENIAL!!!!!!" Said troll can go DIAGF.

by Anonymousreply 434July 1, 2024 4:22 AM

[quote]Datalounge is full of Russian bots.

Are they the ones who want Biden to stay so that the Republicans will win, or are they the ones who say Biden should be replaced so that the Democrats will win?

by Anonymousreply 435July 1, 2024 4:43 AM

r434, you're in denial.

by Anonymousreply 436July 1, 2024 4:44 AM

No R435, you grade school logic has no power her. The only oneis in denial are the Trolls and Russian bots who think we are going to buy into getting rid of Joe.

Isn't it interesting how Trump and Russia for that matter didn't want Joe to win the first time? If they think he has not chance, why spend so much time trying to get him to step down from running again with all these trolls?

by Anonymousreply 437July 1, 2024 6:21 AM

I thought D Nile was in Egypt but apparently it's in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 438July 1, 2024 6:22 AM

[quote]R420: No, he hasn’t. There’s no evidence of this and he’s obviously on the Biden payroll.

On whose payroll are you, R420?

by Anonymousreply 439July 1, 2024 6:59 AM

[quote] One bad debate vs uncountable lies, crimes and unending bullshit from Trump so incomprehensible that "word salad" would be an insult to words and salads? What the cunting cum-slurping shit-eating fuck is wrong with everybody?

Some of us realize that we're not talking about "one bad debate" and that Biden didn't just have a cold or sore throat on Thursday. Some of us have had to deal with aging parents or relatives who suffered cognitive decline. We recognize the signs and we know that once the decline starts, it doesn't stop or reverse. We also know that the person can be fine one day and terrible the next, so we're not exactly reassured when people say "Biden was fine at the rally in North Carolina." We realize that what happened on Thursday is likely to happen again between now and November -- maybe next week, maybe next month, maybe in late October -- and that when it does, it will be devastating, focusing all of the discussion on Biden's health instead of Trump's threats to democracy and the future of the country. Many of us have supported Biden and continue to support him. We have no strong desire for him to drop out, and we might even argue for him staying in the race if the Biden team would give us some straight talk about Biden's condition and exactly what happened on Thursday instead of the scapegoating and gaslighting we've gotten so far (blaming his advisers, CNN, the makeup people, pundits, etc.). Many of us know it wouldn't be easy to replace Biden at this late stage, but we also think that it may be our only hope of defeating Trump, and we know it will only get harder with each passing day.

by Anonymousreply 440July 1, 2024 8:06 AM

I'm a Biden donor/supporter, but I do wish that folks would stop saying "just one bad debate".... his appearance of age, and his halting speech, has increased over the last couple years, and the debate gave evidence that there's a problem. He appeared feeble and lost, especially for some critical questions where he needed to attack Trump, where Trump was weak (abortion, insurrection).

I think something very apparent now isn't being reviewed in all these social media shit-flinging monkey fights. The polls after the debate aren't changed that much. There is a visually feeble old man. There is a rabid liar, "I didn't have sex with a porn star." And there is little change. America hates Trump (other than his cult). America is very ready to elect a man way too old to be President just to stop the other guy who is slimy and dishonest.

So, ok, Grandpa isn't going to step down. So, ok, let's do this thing. Let's beat the authoritarian criminal. Trump will deny the results, there may be more violence, but he absolutely needs to lose so our Republic survives.

by Anonymousreply 441July 1, 2024 2:17 PM

What R441 said, and said well.

by Anonymousreply 442July 1, 2024 2:31 PM

One poll is already saying Trump is up a solid 5 points. And this week we will start to see Biden's numbers drop. We need to stop being sentimental about a president. These people work for us in case everyone has forgotten and we need to fire an employee who is failing. This is our country.

by Anonymousreply 443July 1, 2024 4:33 PM

Fuck the polls. It's all manipulated media bullshit. Biden isn't going anywhere and I refuse to believe the country is THAT STUPID that we'll just hand over the presidency to Donald Trump and his corrupt MAGA minions including the Supreme Court to do whatever they want.

Today's ruling should put a fire under anyone's ass who is questioning Biden's competence. Even if something were to happen to Biden he's got a good administration behind him. I strongly believe Kamala Harris can do the job. That's why we have a VP.

Fucking shut up and VOTE people. This is serious. The election is all that matters now.

by Anonymousreply 444July 1, 2024 5:10 PM

R444 I am a complete Biden supporter (you can check all my posts), but you make little sense and actually could undermine support. "Today's ruling" is irrelevant in terms of assessing Biden's competence. Biden does need to clean house... the team that made him go to the debate where he confirmed many American's concerns about his age, NEED TO BE FIRED.

Ignoring the polls and what they say about demographics and what appeals to what voters ARE CRITICAL. Do you really want to win, or do you want to feel righteous in July but lose in November?

by Anonymousreply 445July 1, 2024 5:30 PM

R444, it’s not the engaged voters - the ones up in arms about SCOTUS - whom we need to be worried about. It’s the non-engaged who may well decide the election.

by Anonymousreply 446July 1, 2024 5:34 PM

It's over. The fat lady is singing. President Trump. Get your passports in order, as you may not be able to leave after November.

by Anonymousreply 447July 1, 2024 5:38 PM

R445 I watched the entire debate and everything Biden said spoke volumes. Trump came off as a cruel, angry, racist pathological liar. Then just about every media outlet (most of whom have been bought by the Trump campaign) spins the whole thing against Biden. Not one of them even mentioned WHAT Biden said, but how he delivered.

by Anonymousreply 448July 1, 2024 5:39 PM

And just where do you think everyone will go? Most other countries have much stronger immigration laws than the U.S. So where will you go?

by Anonymousreply 449July 1, 2024 5:41 PM

[quote] I am a complete Biden supporter (you can check all my posts), but you make little sense and actually could undermine support.

If what I said undermines your support then you are not a "complete Biden supporter." In fact, you're just as much of a pussy as those who voted for Jill Stein in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 450July 1, 2024 5:42 PM

R446 I'm speaking to those who watched the debate and are now saying "Biden should step down" or "I'm not going to vote."

by Anonymousreply 451July 1, 2024 5:47 PM

R449 Costa Rica, Ecuador, Portugal, Spain... lots of places ready for "older American immigrants"....

R450 You don't undermine ME, flatfoot... just the general self-serving outrage and lecturing folks that what they see they didn't see doesn't nothing to attract support. Dems are inept at winning the center, undecided voters. Social media shouting doesn't do it. We need to be so much smarter.

For the record, I am a DSA member, way left of Biden, but I've voted for the Dem candidate in 11 straight elections. Although a socialist, Jill Stein annoys the hell out of me.

by Anonymousreply 452July 1, 2024 5:49 PM

[quote]Costa Rica, Ecuador, Portugal, Spain... lots of places ready for "older American immigrants"....

Next question…how to get your money out. There will be economic shenanigans, possible freezing of expat assets, elimination of social security for “disloyalty”. Neutral currencies in a secure offshore accounts.

by Anonymousreply 453July 1, 2024 5:55 PM

[quote] Costa Rica, Ecuador, Portugal, Spain... lots of places ready for "older American immigrants"....

Not anymore, all those place you mention have reached their tipping point and starting to put big limits on that. Plus, the main reason people move there is for a lower cost of living but with so many expats moving there the prices have gone up significantly to the point it's no longer a savings. Prices almost equal to the US. Some things actually more expensive.

by Anonymousreply 454July 1, 2024 6:03 PM

R453 Ha, you think a Trump administration will have restrictions on American dollars going offshore? There will be lots of new fascist controls, but not on capital. Money moving away from American gov't control is exactly what the MAGA-supporting 1% is electing him for. All the Christo-fascist populist nativist noise is just the necessary byproduct.

R454 The "limits" are indeed more than they used to be (I personally know a lot more about Portugal and Ecuador) but still very friendly to most American retirees etc.

by Anonymousreply 455July 1, 2024 6:05 PM

I know some guys that moved to Portugal, after a year they said the prices are almost the same. Their mistake was judging their move to a small town in that country but once they moved more to the city, almost the same as living in LA. Except really, really long time waiting if you have gov paperwork to deal with like immigration or medical records. Except for low cost medical, they are thinking about moving back to the states now.

by Anonymousreply 456July 1, 2024 6:09 PM

The last time Trump got elected everyone was leaving the country and nobody did. Americans are such drama queens. It is laughable.

by Anonymousreply 457July 1, 2024 6:09 PM

Many did, R457. There was a doubling in expatriations, but most quiet about it.

Any gay expat considering going back to the US now is a fool.

by Anonymousreply 458July 1, 2024 6:13 PM

R457 1) I know folks who left the US after 2016 because of Trump. 2) A second Trump Presidency would be so much worse than the first. No need to pretend he'd be anything other than a fascist dictator - he has said as much, the 2025 manifesto describes astonishing attacks to Constitutional safeguards, the Supreme Court just said that it was ok, and with all this explicit, if he wins, "I have a mandate to be King." Be real.

So we must not let him win.

by Anonymousreply 459July 1, 2024 9:21 PM

[quote] you are not a "complete Biden supporter." In fact, you're just as much of a pussy

Typical Biden argument. Condescending , insulting, and self defeating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460July 1, 2024 9:30 PM

Suddenly, Trump is benefiting left and right.

Biden’s poor debate performance, the Supreme Court immunity ruling and now his July 11th sentencing delay, which Bragg is not disputing.

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 461July 2, 2024 4:37 PM

R461 Germany 1932. That no longer is hyperbole.

by Anonymousreply 462July 2, 2024 5:22 PM

[quote]Typical Biden argument. Condescending, insulting, and self defeating.

Typical whining troll post.

by Anonymousreply 463July 2, 2024 6:17 PM

Another gift for DJT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464July 2, 2024 7:14 PM

538 July 2:

"Who Is Favored To Win The 2024 Presidential Election?"

Trump wins 51 times out of 100 in our simulations of the 2024 presidential election.

Biden wins 48 times out of 100.

RCP Poll Averages:

Trump: 47.0%

Biden: 44.3%

RCP Betting Averages:

Trump: 56.2%

Biden: 22.7%

by Anonymousreply 465July 2, 2024 7:26 PM

Biden is done.

Actually at this point, if this article is true, Biden should step down from office and have the VP take over. It's time for the 25th Amendment

NYTimes front page July 2 2024:

"Biden’s Lapses Are Increasingly Common, According to Some in the Room"

"In the weeks and months before President Biden’s politically devastating performance on the debate stage in Atlanta, several current and former officials and others who encountered him behind closed doors noticed that he increasingly appeared confused or listless, or would lose the thread of conversations."

"....in interviews, people in the room with him more recently said that the lapses seemed to be growing more frequent, more pronounced and more worrisome."

"...his planned debate preparation by two days so he could rest at his house in Rehoboth Beach, Del., before joining advisers at Camp David for rehearsals. The preparations, which took place over six days, never started before 11 a.m. and Mr. Biden was given time for an afternoon nap each day, according to a person familiar with the process."

"The recent moments of disorientation generated concern among advisers and allies alike. He seemed confused at points during a D-Day anniversary ceremony in France on June 6. The next day, he misstated the purpose of a new tranche of military aid to Ukraine when meeting with its president."

MEANWHILE:

"White House officials have said the president is in excellent shape and that his debate performance, while disappointing, was an aberration."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466July 2, 2024 7:57 PM

[quote] Suddenly, Trump is benefiting left and right. Biden’s poor debate performance, the Supreme Court immunity ruling and now his July 11th sentencing delay, which Bragg is not disputing. WTF?

Perhaps Karma punishing Senile Joe and his handlers for lying to the public all these years

by Anonymousreply 467July 2, 2024 9:36 PM

Russian bots FF

by Anonymousreply 468July 2, 2024 10:10 PM

See y'all in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 469July 2, 2024 10:14 PM

He needs to be stopped.

by Anonymousreply 470July 2, 2024 10:19 PM

R469 what the hell is wrong with you? Are you autistic or something?

by Anonymousreply 471July 2, 2024 10:23 PM

[quote] See y'all in Chicago.

History repeats itself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472July 2, 2024 10:23 PM

[quote] Perhaps Karma punishing Senile Joe and his handlers for lying to the public all these years

And yet Karma just can't get around to punishing a pathological liar and his merry gang of whores and grifters. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 473July 2, 2024 10:34 PM

Chicago is when Biden becomes the nominee and the gloves can come off.

See you at the Convention.

by Anonymousreply 474July 2, 2024 10:54 PM

Oh. So you’re just flat out retarded.

by Anonymousreply 475July 2, 2024 11:11 PM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476July 2, 2024 11:17 PM

Awwww, the NY Post feels sorry for Ivanka.

by Anonymousreply 477July 2, 2024 11:21 PM

She sounds like a complete twat there r476. Honestly, I'd love if she gave a whole speech like that at the Convention. Go ahead and have Marianne Williamson write it.

by Anonymousreply 478July 2, 2024 11:32 PM

These threads are a train wreck, and I'm here for them.

by Anonymousreply 479July 2, 2024 11:34 PM

I think the only answer is DL fav Patti LuPone.

by Anonymousreply 480July 3, 2024 12:00 AM

I am ALWAYS the only answer r480.

by Anonymousreply 481July 3, 2024 12:11 AM

Will Verst lady be there? Still not singed that 3rd Pre-Nup?

by Anonymousreply 482July 3, 2024 12:14 AM

Kamala could beat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 483July 3, 2024 12:21 AM

In the days since Joe Biden’s disastrous debate performance, a sizable chunk of the liberal commentariat has called for the sitting president to drop out of the race. The Biden campaign, meanwhile, says the 81-year-old is not going anywhere. On this point, Biden and Donald Trump agree. According to multiple sources, Trump expects that—barring a health crisis—the historic effort to dump Biden will fail. “They’re stuck with Biden,” a senior Trump campaign source told me. Longtime Trump confidant Kellyanne Conway agreed, arguing that Democrats are too disorganized to draft a replacement. “That party has fallen into a state of sclerosis,” she said.

Some Republicans outside the Trump campaign, however, worry that Democrats will find a way to jettison Biden for a more competitive candidate. Over the weekend, Trump’s primary rival Nikki Haley told The Wall Street Journal that the ex-president needs to prepare to face a younger opponent. Sources I spoke to said that would be a worst-case scenario for Trump. “We need to make sure Biden stays on the ballot and there’s no bait and switch,” a veteran of Trump’s 2020 campaign said. Another MAGA-world insider said Trump potentially walked into a trap by agreeing to debate Biden before the party conventions, leaving Democrats with enough time to make a change. According to this source, the party won’t let Biden remain on the ticket. “They will force him out because they don’t intend to lose,” the source said.

These Republicans speculate that Democrats will tap a popular centrist governor to be the nominee. Names I heard floated include Pennsylvania’s Josh Shapiro, Michigan’s Gretchen Whitmer, and New Jersey’s Phil Murphy. The 2020 Trump campaign veteran, however, thinks Vice President Kamala Harris is the only realistic replacement for Biden. “They can’t sidestep her,” he said.

For months, the Trump campaign has pushed a narrative that Biden is too senile to be president, but senior Trump adviser Jason Miller told me the GOP candidate expected Biden to be stronger after his week of preparation at Camp David. In the end, two sources said, the candidate himself was taken aback by how frail and incoherent Biden seemed to be. “He felt sad for America and then got upset,” said the 2020 campaign veteran, who was briefed on conversations Trump had after the debate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484July 3, 2024 12:42 AM

Biden should step aside now.

Kamala becomes President with all the ceremony and celebration about being the first female president. It would pull all focus away from Trump. It would energize the Dems and voters.

Could she win in November? In polling, CNN has her behind Trump by 2 points. Biden trails by 5.

Personally, I think she'd lose, but she has the best chance against Trump, better than anyone.

by Anonymousreply 485July 3, 2024 12:44 AM

No Kamala will lose. Trump doesn't want a new candidate because he knows he will lose. He wants Kamala to stay in because he knows he would win against her or Biden.

by Anonymousreply 486July 3, 2024 12:54 AM

The only voters who wouldn't vote for Kamala are Republicans (goes without saying), racists and misogynists.

by Anonymousreply 487July 3, 2024 12:57 AM

R 475, no you're the Tard.

by Anonymousreply 488July 3, 2024 1:01 AM

R487, you mean the not Wokes?

by Anonymousreply 489July 3, 2024 1:02 AM

Trump has a Frankenstein body but Frank was cuter.

by Anonymousreply 490July 3, 2024 1:06 AM

R482, only one prenup that is amended and amended and amended. The last one was in anticipation of Barron becoming emancipated in March. She is probably obligated for a closing night appearance at the Convention and possibly election night. Actors, actors, actors!

by Anonymousreply 491July 3, 2024 1:17 AM

[quote]The only voters who wouldn't vote for Kamala are Republicans (goes without saying), racists and misogynists.

Thank goodness that’s such a minuscule percentage of the American population.

by Anonymousreply 492July 3, 2024 1:35 AM

[quote]Thank goodness that’s such a minuscule percentage of the American population.

The big question is if that percentage can pull enough electoral votes in swing states.

Big if.

by Anonymousreply 493July 3, 2024 1:48 AM

I don't believe he won the first time.

by Anonymousreply 494July 3, 2024 2:20 AM

Kamala is a nom-starter. Dems have to stop with the obsession with race for a cycle. Biden needs to be replaced with two white people, one can be a woman. That's what it will take to win.

by Anonymousreply 495July 3, 2024 2:25 AM

R495 Two white people? Oh, man.

by Anonymousreply 496July 3, 2024 2:46 AM

In the 2020 election nearly 70 percent of voters were white.

by Anonymousreply 497July 3, 2024 3:04 AM

[quote]Kamala is a nom-starter.

She's all you are getting, it's ether Biden or Kamala. Deal with it.

Here's why, it's about the money. The Biden/Harris campaign raised hundreds of millions of dollars from donations. Biden can legally only give that money to his VP. Anyone else who wants to run has to raise all that money by themself. That's not going to happen in must 2 or 3 months before voting starts. At that point, it's too late. Plus you don't even have another candidate who wants the job.

by Anonymousreply 498July 3, 2024 4:02 AM

Why can't Biden break the law and give the money to whomever? He's immune from any consequences, surely.

by Anonymousreply 499July 3, 2024 4:23 AM

Because Biden has some ethics r499. But that's a good idea. It would be the ultimate middle finger to the court and the Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 500July 3, 2024 4:25 AM

Guys, this is not about Biden. It’s about the MESSAGE. We need a younger more energetic voice spreading this message that our Democracy and a woman’s right to choose is at stake in this election. We aren’t going to LOSE voters by switching to Newsom or Harris but we can pick up some of those anti Trump but undecided Nikki Haley voters concerned about Biden’s age. And it would inject life into this election in unprecedented fashion and the GOP wouldn’t have time to adjust.

by Anonymousreply 501July 3, 2024 4:50 AM

I’m not kidding but Pete could pull it off. He would make Trump look ancient and befuddled in a debate. Suddenly, the age issue would be reversed. I know he’s gay but he would retain Biden’s base and appeal to undecideds. Don’t forget, Pete won Iowa in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 502July 3, 2024 4:58 AM

Everyone within the Biden White House is a liability.bthey will have to come from the governors. Iden has pussed over the careers of everyone who came to Washington for him.

by Anonymousreply 503July 3, 2024 5:00 AM

The young turks were just talking about how staffers are scared of Biden because he constantly yells at everyone and is difficult to work with. they were also talking about his corruption with a credit card company. and he got his son a job at said credit card company and now I'm really wondering about burisma.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504July 3, 2024 5:03 AM

I'm team Kamala, if Joe can't do it. She's a black woman, does that scare some people? Fools.

by Anonymousreply 505July 3, 2024 5:09 AM

Hunter Biden had the expertise to serve on the board of a Ukrainian utility? He is corrupt as fuck, Joe knew everything.

by Anonymousreply 506July 3, 2024 5:23 AM

[quote]The young turks were just talking

You lost me at "The young turks" That guy over there Cenk Uygur is always bashing the left for not being left enough. He's so delusional he tried running for President assuming he could overturn that law that preventing non US born natural citizens from becoming president. Of course he failed overnight.

by Anonymousreply 507July 3, 2024 5:35 AM

Duh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508July 3, 2024 5:42 AM

r493, which is why pissed off women, who are dying in Red and Swing States, will save us.

by Anonymousreply 509July 3, 2024 5:44 AM

Joe is old and I do not believe Kamala would do any harm to Americans. She's a strong woman and could take on Trump any day.

by Anonymousreply 510July 3, 2024 6:04 AM

She can take him on in 2028.

by Anonymousreply 511July 3, 2024 6:05 AM

R439 No we all know nothing can be done about abortion. We will all have to get a law on the ballots of each state that has made abortion illegal. Also, conservative states have a lot of women in them that are against abortion. (98% of women get abortions by taking a pill which you can get by mail without a prescription and the SC didn't make the pills illegal. So women can still get abortions in every state as long as they watch and take it within 12 weeks. Pregnancy kits can tell you if you are pregnant within a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 512July 3, 2024 6:33 AM

Trump no more Do you think the media is pumping him up? I don't think the majority of American voters like him.

by Anonymousreply 513July 3, 2024 6:34 AM

[quote]No we all know nothing can be done about abortion.

Not True, with a Democratic Super Majority in the Senate, at least three SC Justices can be impeached, removed abd have their pensions revoked.

[quote]Also, conservative states have a lot of women in them that are against abortion.

And there you post how we reach the Super Majority. Red State Women have to be made to connect the dots between their Trumper Senators, who voted twice to acquit Trump, and who voted for every one of their Supreme Court nominees. They showed they could in Kansas and Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 514July 3, 2024 6:42 AM

Clarence Thomas should be the first one to go. He's hateful. His outside reflects his inside. Not a pretty picture.

by Anonymousreply 515July 3, 2024 6:46 AM

Trump is a name that people will be sick to death of come November.

by Anonymousreply 516July 3, 2024 6:54 AM

They won't impeach 3 justices. Maybe 2 but they need a good reason. Thomas and Alito are corrupt they take bribes but the rest have to do something criminal

by Anonymousreply 517July 3, 2024 6:58 AM

Mrs. Justice Roberts runs a 10 million dollar a year Judicial Clerk Placement service for the Federalist Society. It needs to be investigated before impeachment in order to give Roberts the dignity of a resignation.

by Anonymousreply 518July 3, 2024 7:06 AM

Is that true R518? Why is that not in the news?

by Anonymousreply 519July 3, 2024 7:26 AM

R508 It's the Rupert Murdoch owned NY Post. DUH

R519 MSNBC covered it awhile back, and Jane Mayer wrote about it for The New Yorker. I'm too tired to dig up links.

If it's not in the news more, it's probably because Mrs. Roberts isn't as loony as Ginny Thomas and that battle-ax Alito is married to. They're more fun to cover.

by Anonymousreply 520July 3, 2024 8:06 AM

Why are the wives of these guys all nut jobs? I see a pattern.

by Anonymousreply 521July 3, 2024 9:11 AM

There is no realistic scenario in which Democrats have the votes to convict in the Senate. Please stop fantasizing and do something real.

by Anonymousreply 522July 3, 2024 9:25 AM

[quote] Trump Can't Win, part 2

𝐁𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬, ‘𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞’ 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐞: 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐦 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐥

The data from OpenLabs, reported by Puck News, indicates that if the election were held today, the 81-year-old Biden would not only lose all seven of the swing states thought to hold the key to the White House in 2024 — Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — but also states he won convincingly four years ago.

Those include New Hampshire, which last voted Republican in 2000; Virginia, which Biden won by 10 points in 2020; and New Mexico, which has gone Democrat in seven of the last eight presidential elections.

If that data proves correct on Nov. 5, Trump, 78, would become the 47th president in an Electoral College landslide, defeating Biden 335-203.

In the 14 battlegrounds spotlighted by OpenLabs, which also included Colorado, Maine, Minnesota, and Nebraska’s 2nd Congressional District, Biden lost between 1.7% and 2.4% to Trump compared to the Democrat’s pre-debate numbers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523July 3, 2024 10:07 AM

[quote] She's all you are getting, it's ether Biden or Kamala. Deal with it.

Of course.

by Anonymousreply 524July 3, 2024 10:23 AM

[quote] with a Democratic Super Majority in the Senate, at least three SC Justices can be impeached, removed abd have their pensions revoked.

[quote] There is no realistic scenario in which Democrats have the votes to convict in the Senate. Please stop fantasizing and do something real.

Our Senate Super Majority troll persists in peddling nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 525July 3, 2024 10:25 AM

Inspirational campaign slogan, as good as "I Like Ike" or "All the Way With JFK"

𝙆𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙡𝙖. 𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙡 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙞𝙩.

by Anonymousreply 526July 3, 2024 10:34 AM

[quote]𝐁𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬, ‘𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞’ 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐞: 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐦 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐥

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527July 3, 2024 10:59 AM

[quote]The key word is YET. You haven't lost the abortion pill yet. If Trump wins, will he protect that right?

Martin also falsely claimed multiple times that medically-induced abortion, which he referred to as a chemical abortion, and birth control pills were dangerous and “damaging,” repeatedly criticizing the “loosey goosey regulation around pill abortion” and that it could be ordered via mail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528July 3, 2024 11:07 AM

Michael Halperin was on Sirius earlier this hour with the following observations:

1. Biden is, "by far," the most likely nominee, he initially opined. When asked to consider whether Harris or someone else might be the nominee, he said it was 80% likely that either would be the nominee. Breaking the 80% number down further, he said that it would be 60%-20% Biden over Harris.

2. Biden's poll numbers haven't collapsed because his physical decline was pretty much "priced into the stock."

3. Biden wasn't the favorite to win before the debate, but is now in "big trouble." Including in "safe" states such as NH, Minnesota & Virginia (he also mentioned another state; I believe it was Oregon). Trump went from being the "mild favorite" to the "heavy favorite ... for now."

4. When asked who might have the most influence - I assume outside the family - in persuading Biden to leave the race, he pointed to the scenario of Schumer & Pelosi giving him this offer: Either you make the choice or we'll make it for you.

5. When asked to consider potential running mates for a Harris candidacy, he mentioned the governors of Kentucky & NC.

by Anonymousreply 529July 3, 2024 2:57 PM

^ Mark Halperin

by Anonymousreply 530July 3, 2024 3:00 PM

R495 Guess what? It has nothing to do with race, gender, or the identity politics (oh, WoKE! Oh, barfing!) that so many point to as some kind of weakness. She's the fucking VICE PRESIDENT and was the ticket that all those primary voters voted for and is ready to appropriately access the funding raised for the Biden-HARRIS campaign.

She is the logical successor when Biden steps down. She polls higher than other potential candidates. DL will do their usual "oh, I hate Kamala", but that's not the real world.

She may lose. But she is the probable replacement because of her role, experience, position... not because of her gender and race.

by Anonymousreply 531July 3, 2024 4:59 PM

Mark Halperin is a hack and a groper/sexual harasser. He's hardly someone that should be listened to on anything.

by Anonymousreply 532July 3, 2024 5:23 PM

So the canceled Kate Smith wasn't a great singer? Just because someone was canceled doesn't mean they have great sources & insight, R532. Even before the recent WSJ article, Halperin was reporting that his sources were reporting that Biden was showing signs of some real decline.

by Anonymousreply 533July 3, 2024 5:28 PM

Kate Smith was a lovely woman.

by Anonymousreply 534July 3, 2024 5:31 PM

No, Halperin was always a hack. But he's also a gross groper, which adds to his wrongness R533.

by Anonymousreply 535July 3, 2024 5:32 PM

Kate Smith was lovely on the inside, to be more specific.

by Anonymousreply 536July 3, 2024 5:32 PM

If Halperin was such a hack, why was John Heilemann working with him for so long, R535?

by Anonymousreply 537July 3, 2024 5:38 PM

R537, Why did Meryl Streep refer to Harvey Weinstein as “God” in one of her acceptance speeches?

by Anonymousreply 538July 3, 2024 5:40 PM

If your first impulse is to attack the messenger, especially for something completely unrelated to the message. maybe you are not thinking clearly, r532.

by Anonymousreply 539July 3, 2024 6:05 PM

r538, because of the money he wielded.

Just like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 540July 3, 2024 7:04 PM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541July 4, 2024 11:31 AM

As always, Trump projects.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542July 4, 2024 1:39 PM

^He’s slimmed down.

by Anonymousreply 543July 4, 2024 2:11 PM

Breathtakingly smug ugly picture leading the link @ R542, especially when seen in the light of the revival of Trump's links to Epstein. Precisely the sort of image to surprise no-one in the event of the story, "Florida man named in connection with serious sex scandal."

by Anonymousreply 544July 4, 2024 2:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545July 5, 2024 5:42 AM

Trump must die and take all of his mouthbreathing sycophants with him.

by Anonymousreply 546July 5, 2024 5:49 AM

The latest Bloomberg/Morning Consult poll has some unexpected encouraging news. In a one-on-one with Trump in Michigan, Biden's up 5 (+6 when you throw in third-party candidates. Biden's up 3 in Wisconsin (+2 with the third-party candidates). And Trump's only up one in Georgia (+2 is only with the third-party candidates). And North Carolina's close, too, with Trump up 3, & only up 2 with the third-party candidates. Arizona & Nevada is also within the margin of error.

[quote] This is the closest Biden has been to overtaking Trump since Bloomberg started tracking the seven states last October.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547July 6, 2024 8:17 PM

R547

1) I think Joe (whom I've supported strongly) is too old, too compromised by how he appears and speaks, and too in denial about the challenges, and need to step down from the campaign and defer to Harris

2) I do think an underappreciated story of the debate was Trump, although trying to appear more normal, less aggressive, also appeared like a kook, a liar. He reminded swing voters of why he'd be such a bad choice.

Folks are worried about Biden, but that doesn't make them like Trump more.

Our country needs both of the old men to go away...

by Anonymousreply 548July 6, 2024 8:31 PM

R542 pic of Trump with his son in a golf cart is child abuse.

Seriously, think about what he's teaching his son. How to talk about women, how to be a gentleman. Mark my words, he's going to turn out just like Dump the moment he steps into the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 549July 6, 2024 8:36 PM

R548, post-debate, I was firmly in the camp of holding off until the polls the week of July 8 started to come in. Most of the country, certainly those who post here, are already firmly in the camp of either Biden or Trump. No new developments are relevant. Assuming Biden can hold on to all the non-battleground states, this election will turn on the "others" in the 6-7 battleground states. I'm prepared to accept that these more low information voters don't decide on the same basis as the committed voters & could still end up voting for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 550July 6, 2024 8:40 PM

[quote]pic of Trump with his son in a golf cart is child abuse.

[quote]Seriously, think about what he's teaching his son. How to talk about women, how to be a gentleman...how you don't have to walk.

by Anonymousreply 551July 6, 2024 8:41 PM

Barron isn't normal. Anything Trump says won't register.

by Anonymousreply 552July 6, 2024 8:45 PM

I read somewhere that Barron was a bully. And an odd looking character at 6'9". Could have been attractive but he's just too weird. Didn't he go to schools for the neurodivergent, at least for a while?

by Anonymousreply 553July 6, 2024 8:50 PM

[quote]The latest Bloomberg/Morning Consult poll has some unexpected encouraging news.

You need to decide if polls count or not.

by Anonymousreply 554July 6, 2024 9:06 PM

Trump likes Barron now? I thought he was a retard and Melania's son.

by Anonymousreply 555July 6, 2024 9:24 PM

[quote]Barron isn't normal. Anything Trump says won't register.

OR, it's the only thing that will register and he will become in incel monster. Which is more likely.

by Anonymousreply 556July 6, 2024 9:48 PM

r548, when Democrats are ahead, we have to move to ranked choice voting.

When two old guys are running, and the Democrat recovers on the campaign, they both have to go.

No.

by Anonymousreply 557July 7, 2024 12:35 AM

From Simon Rosenberg:

[quote] First, I think we need to be level-headed about the post debate polling. Yes, there has been bad polling for Biden and the Dems since the debate but there has also been much polling showing little change in the election or even Biden gaining. As I often suggest unless all the polling is pointing in the same direction - and it isn’t today - commentators should be careful to jumping to conclusions about what’s happening. We will learn more this week with new polling, and it is my expectation that Biden will see a 1-2-3 point drop - meaningful but not dramatic. And that decline is from a place where Biden headed into the debate leading in 538’s national polling average, and in a vastly improved place in the battlegrounds. Today Biden and Trump are tied in 538’s election forecast. Assertions that Biden has collapsed or Trump now has significant leads in the election are just not true. It remains, today, a close and competitive election. While there is disappointment in Joe Biden there is also still deep fear and opposition to MAGA and Trump, something I think was confirmed and thrown in our face by Trump’s wild and bat-shit crazy debate performance on the 27th. As I’ve been saying the national media here in the US may be inured to MAGA’s ugliness but voters here in the US are not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558July 8, 2024 8:28 PM

^ The Far Right Underperforms in Europe (Again)?

Whoever wrote that is deluded.

by Anonymousreply 559July 8, 2024 8:53 PM

That's not even a decent AI Troll response.

The Far Right is being rejected in historic numbers

by Anonymousreply 560July 8, 2024 11:48 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561July 9, 2024 2:47 PM

[quote]It's just simpler for me to block any post that squees Boris. People in denial don't have anything useful or informed to say.

Well honey, there's denial and there's denial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562July 10, 2024 1:52 AM

Por ejemplo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563July 10, 2024 1:58 AM

Ejemplo #2

Every fucking discussion spot on the internet is getting carpet-bombed with fake AI chatbots, which you can continue to ignore as they distort public opinion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564July 10, 2024 2:00 AM

Republicans haven’t won the popular vote in decades.

The economy always fails under their leadership.

Yet, their electoral gaming has allowed them to remain influential.

The facts are not on the Republican’s side, they are becoming extinct as the nation wakes up and realizes that they are toxic.

by Anonymousreply 565July 10, 2024 2:11 AM

Nice post from 2022, r565.

by Anonymousreply 566July 10, 2024 2:28 AM

[quote]Yet, their electoral gaming has allowed them to remain influential.

Especially when they take it a step further and attempt to use fake electors. Imagine if they didn't get caught.

by Anonymousreply 567July 10, 2024 4:31 AM

Trump’s secret weapon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568July 10, 2024 5:48 AM

Hilarious Screenshot.....[bold]The THEMz are rallying against Biden..[/bold].Who is going to tell them Trump isn't an ally?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569July 10, 2024 7:09 AM

Why is Barron holding up his fist like Josh Hawley on Jan 6th?

by Anonymousreply 570July 10, 2024 7:48 AM

Because he's a fascist in training, R570.

by Anonymousreply 571July 10, 2024 8:16 AM

How pissed off is Donald Jr??

by Anonymousreply 572July 10, 2024 8:24 AM

George Clooney no longer supports Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573July 10, 2024 3:21 PM

Sad, now that he is a Billionaire.

Then he needs to be sending his cash to all the Democrats running for Senate in FL, IN, MO, MS, ND, NE, TN, TX, UT and WY

by Anonymousreply 574July 10, 2024 4:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575July 10, 2024 4:49 PM

Michael Douglas backs George Clooney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576July 10, 2024 6:23 PM

And he definitely wanted to enjoy the ego fest on the View, rather than debate Biden.

by Anonymousreply 577July 10, 2024 6:24 PM

In what fantasy world would he "debate Biden"?? People aren't making sense anymore.

by Anonymousreply 578July 10, 2024 6:59 PM

Trump = eight years of fucking word salad

Biden = one bad debate

Everybody = oh well, I guess Trump wins.

by Anonymousreply 579July 10, 2024 8:00 PM

I am a Democrat, but this is what I hate about this party--one bad performance and we wet the bed and turn on each other.

Republicans stick with their guy no matter if he's indicted under the Espionage Act, convicted of 34 felonies, adjudicated a rapist, owes almost a half billion to NYC for fraud, etc., etc., etc.

And unfortunately the uninformed voters tend to go with strong and wrong.

by Anonymousreply 580July 10, 2024 8:04 PM

R579 This argument is part of the (very serious, very real) problem we have. In no known universe was "one bad debate" the problem. Biden in 2020 was so much older than Obama's VP that many expressed concern about him them.... he (and his staff) hinted Biden would not run in 2024, he would be too old. He would beat Trump and be a "bridge" to a new generation of leaders.

He accomplished so much. He's been a great President. His public performance in 2022 showed that he was slowing down. By fall 2023 there were strong statements from democrats that he looked and sounded so much older. That he should let there be an open primary process to choose a new and younger candidate. But he and his folk pushed back: "he's the only one who can beat Trump", and then, with concern growing, he had a great State of the Union speech. Then is subsequent public occasions he seemed older, a little rattled... concerns surfaced again, even as he won primaries unopposed. By June he was behind in the polls, and the majority of voters expressed an opinion that he was too old to serve again.

The Biden campaign arranged the early debate precisely to show that concerns were wrong, that Joe could really make the argument against Trump.

Then the debate. Then the ABC interview... etc.

They set up the debate to show Joe was the same guy as 2020. Instead they confirmed that he is declining.

You can disagree with this review, but please, I am not wetting the bed. I am doing everything I can to beat Trump, preserve democracy.

by Anonymousreply 581July 10, 2024 8:10 PM

Unfortunately, Joe stumbled in front of 50 million people.

by Anonymousreply 582July 10, 2024 8:20 PM

Trump babbled a constant string of lies and didn’t answer any questions in front of 50 million people.

by Anonymousreply 583July 10, 2024 8:28 PM

If NY is now a battleground state, Biden has to gracefully bow out. We need someone who, unlike Biden, can, 24/7, vigorously take this election to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 584July 10, 2024 9:01 PM

R583 Trump did exactly what he was expected to do. His performance changed nothing in A RACE HE WAS ALREADY WINNING. He answered in exactly the way his base wanted him to.

If you don't think that Biden performed in a way that disturbed his base, then we've little to discuss.

The debate needed to change the contest. Biden needed to take the attack to Trump. Did the debate cause Biden to lose support? A few percentage points. But he was already a few points behind. Now he is so much behind he may take down Congress members and Senators and state legislators with him.

by Anonymousreply 585July 10, 2024 9:29 PM

Biden (and the DNC) are losing this whole election. Trump is a convicted felon and Biden can't even pull 5 points ahead? seriously?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586July 10, 2024 9:55 PM

It's a steep hill when the entertainment agencies want to turn this into a reality show.

by Anonymousreply 587July 10, 2024 10:09 PM

[quote]Trump likes Barron now? I thought he was a retard and Melania's son

It's a June/Louise thing.

by Anonymousreply 588July 10, 2024 10:16 PM

Fuck this fantasy football horseshit.

The American voters have [bold]ALREADY FUCKING SPOKEN[/bold].

There were primaries. American voters selected the incumbent at a 90% rate.

This isn't American Motherfucking Idol. The future of democracy is at stake.

by Anonymousreply 589July 10, 2024 10:50 PM

R589, The DNC made sure Biden ran almost exclusively unopposed in the primaries.

Big mistake.

by Anonymousreply 590July 10, 2024 10:51 PM

R587 And this has been the case for years.... at least since 2016. It is EXACTLY why we were hoping that Biden could speak in ways that break the media craziness. R589 The future of democracy is, in fact, at stake... and, with all respect, American voters voted for the Biden of 2020, or even Feb. 2024. It seems apparent to many of us that that Biden isn't the guy we have now. The guy we have now HAS TO SPEAK in ways that make the case for democracy.

Maybe he can? That's very, very much in doubt. And hanging tight for dear life to "the voters have spoken" actually does not help.

by Anonymousreply 591July 10, 2024 10:53 PM

Pete Buttigieg must be kicking himself. He could have ran last fall. Taken on Biden in the debates. Rolled in donor cash. Instead he whimpered and miscalculated himself right out of a job in January. He was never closer to the Oval Office than last year. And he blew it.

by Anonymousreply 592July 10, 2024 11:13 PM

Fuck, yeah, R592!

by Anonymousreply 593July 10, 2024 11:19 PM

Someone upthread said that if we get rid of some of the SC replaced we could get abortion back. Abortion is not in the constitution and will never go back to the SC. The only way abortion can get into the constitution is if 2/3 of the states vote for an amendment and that will never happen. Women will have to put abortion on the ballot of every state that made it illegal.

by Anonymousreply 594July 10, 2024 11:46 PM

I'M

by Anonymousreply 595July 11, 2024 12:12 AM

MELTING

by Anonymousreply 596July 11, 2024 12:12 AM

I'M

by Anonymousreply 597July 11, 2024 12:13 AM

MELTING

by Anonymousreply 598July 11, 2024 12:13 AM

OH.

by Anonymousreply 599July 11, 2024 12:13 AM

WHAT A WORLD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600July 11, 2024 12:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!