Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Old Dark House (1963)

I recently discovered a movie that I thought you all might enjoy. Although it's loosely based on the 1932 version of The Old Dark House, it's not exactly a remake. The film exudes that 1960s screwball charm with some elements of macabre terror and mystery. Tom Poston, Joyce Grenfell, Fenella Fielding, and Peter Bull are all great in this.

They certainly don't make movies like this anymore.

We need more William Castle movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2024 1:34 AM

Here is the entire film but it is available in better quality on Tubi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2024 12:38 AM

Why do you keep googling old movies to make threads about? I don’t believe for a second someone like you actually watches any of these.

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2024 12:40 AM

R2 has stated his boundaries.

I'm sure there are other people making threads about old movies too. If I find something that interests me and I think DL will enjoy it too, I will recommend it. I'm not trolling or "Googling old movies" just to post about them.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2024 12:46 AM

"Svengoolie" has aired this. It plays nicely alongside movies like "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" and "Munster Go Home". I just could never get past Tom Poston's real-life relationship with Suzanne Pleshette. Did they click in the '60s? On the set of "The Bob Newhart Show"? My Mom could never stand him and would skip episodes when "The Peeper" would appear. But it was lovely that they found each other late in life.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2024 1:18 AM

[quote]Tom Poston, Joyce Grenfell, Fenella Fielding, and Peter Bull are all great in this.

WHO?

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2024 1:28 AM

r4 I was actually going to state that it's very similar to the Ghost and Mrs. Chicken and if you like that then you should like this.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2024 1:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!