Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I love Jeff Lewis

Because I am Jeff Lewis. I have the same relentless sarcastic criticism veiled as teasing. We must have had a similar upbringing. I also feel guilty about it and do good things to pave my way to heaven. I get him, completely. If I worked with him I would be snickering under my breath all the time, even if it was directed at me. I’d deserve it. I had to say it ever since I watched a marathon of Flipping Out. I love Jeff Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 15July 27, 2024 6:25 AM

Considering no one knows who the fuck you’re talking about a link may have been helpful.

Shit thread. Grade F.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2024 6:32 AM

I figured. But I just had to say it.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2024 6:39 AM

Do you mean Geoffrey Lewis?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2024 6:43 AM

No he means the toxic Jeff Lewis of Flipping Out who eventually alienates everyone close to him. If you watched the show, first it was his ex-boyfriend/business partner and every single intern, underling. Then it was his long term housekeeper, Zoila, a favorite on the show. By the time he got through with his main assistant Jenni, through some huge painful drama, I was done with him. These are all characters we’d come to love. He wouldn’t have even had the show if it weren’t for Jenni. And by the end of the show he had gone through his husband/ex-husband Gage. Anyone who associates with him, gets too close, will always get the chop. And it’s never his fault.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2024 6:53 AM

I don’t agree. Jenni was one of those passive desperate-to-be-married and have kids women who was a perfect foil for Jeff. Also a wannabe actress who knew the show would put her out there. Her first marriage to that kid actor who she got Jeff to hire was out of the same mold. She looked 10 years older than she was and Chris looked 10 years younger than he was. What was up with that? I was also shocked by the incompentence of the “contractors” Jeff employed. So much onscreen rip-off confirming the age old jokes about the remodeling/demo world. And right on camera. Jeff was surrounded by people who couldn’t be trusted to do or follow up on anything he delegated.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2024 7:54 AM

Ugly inside and out. No talent either. A face that could stop a clock, despite all the Tijuana plastic surgery. Besties with Andy Cohen. That about covers it.

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2024 8:34 AM

Still don’t agree. You must be one of his exes.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2024 9:33 AM

Seriously R4?

“These are all characters we’d come to love“

Pardon me while I puke in my shoes

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2024 9:40 AM

I’ve known “ugly inside and out”. It’s usually family.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2024 9:47 AM

Ugly socks who can’t handle the truth. Get a new a new PA, Jeffrine.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2024 9:49 AM

R8, if you watched the show all the years it was on - yes they were characters that you cared about.

[quote]eff was surrounded by people who couldn’t be trusted to do or follow up on anything he delegated.

Jeff surrounded HIMSELF with people he couldn't trust. I fixed it. But that says more about him than the people. Jenni and Jeff had worked successfully together years before the show even started. It was a true friendship. So was his relationship to Zoila who he called a second mother. He was always saying people were taking advantage of him without realizing how much he was taking advantage of them by sucking the life out of them.

I've come to learn that anyone who has a problem with everyone around them is usually the problem themselves.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2024 6:44 AM

OP, this is something you should tell people as soon as you meet them, for efficiency's sake. It will save all parties time and energy.

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2024 7:37 AM

I was so sad when he broke up with Gage.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2024 8:29 PM

[quote] I've come to learn that anyone who has a problem with everyone around them is usually the problem themselves.

That's what made the show. He was the cliche "own worst enemy" so despicable as he could be, I couldn't dislike him. There's a little bit of Jeff in all of us. He made me cringe, couldn't watch, saw pieces of myself and I'm much more introverted. He was also paranoid as hell, like me.

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2024 9:25 PM

Agree r14 but Jeff never really admitted he was the problem - at most he said he was tough to deal with. He turned on ALL of this closest friends. After a while it stops being entertaining and just becomes sad. For someone so afraid of being alone, he really needs to work on himself.

by Anonymousreply 15July 27, 2024 6:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!