Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Daybreakers (2009) Would Make a Great Series

I've recently revisited the film Daybreakers (2009) and believe it would serve as an excellent foundation for a new series. In fact, I see the potential for it to surpass Interview with the Vampire as a superior vampire series, given that the world of Daybreakers has not been explored as extensively.

Daybreakers has always been one of my favorite vampire films, largely due to its unique juxtaposition of modern technology with the Art Deco fashion styles of the 1930s and 1940s. This distinctive blend provides a rich aesthetic and narrative environment that would be intriguing to delve into further in a series format.

While it is uncertain whether Ethan Hawke could reprise his role in a prequel, given the time elapsed since 2009, the potential for exploration within the Daybreakers universe is vast. A series could delve into the origins of the bat virus that transformed the population into vampires and examine the human response as vampires began to outnumber them.

Additionally, exploring the backstory of Sam Neill's character would be compelling, shedding light on his evolution into such a cold, calculated antagonist. These narrative avenues offer rich possibilities for a prequel series that could deepen the lore and intrigue of the original film.

And of course, add more gay sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 17, 2024 1:43 AM

I'm sure they could find a blacktor for the prequel.

by Anonymousreply 1June 17, 2024 12:36 AM

Why R1?

by Anonymousreply 2June 17, 2024 1:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!