Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kevin Brophy is DEAD TO ME

Kevin Brophy, who starred as a young man raised by wolves on the short-lived ABC series Lucan and as the doomed leader of a college fraternity in the cult horror film Hell Night, has died. He was 70.

Brophy died May 11 at his home in Rancho Santa Fe, California, his family announced. He was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer 10 years ago, they said.

On 1977-78’s Lucan, his first professional acting job, Brophy portrayed a 20-year-old man who spent the first 10 years of his life with wolves in the forests of Minnesota before he’s brought into society.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2024 1:51 AM

Dollface thread.

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2024 9:54 PM

Weird looking. I can't decide if he's hawt or nawt.

by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2024 9:56 PM

According to Wiki, not a fag, so who cares?

by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2024 9:58 PM

I recall reading about this on DL:

[quote] Illinois-based Ray Fulk, a man who died in July 2012 at the age of 71, bequeathed half of his estate to the actor in his will, the other half going to his former Hell Night castmate and The Young and the Restless star Peter Barton, despite never meeting them. Fulk, who had no family of his own, was a fan of both actors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2024 10:07 PM

He was a teen idol in the ‘70s despite a fairly brief acting career.

I found this information here where he spoke about his cancer battle:

In 2019, Brophy plugged Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center’s life-saving approach to his cancer battle, saying, “If I had come in six months later, there was nothing they could have done. I had a seven-centimeter tumor in my rectum. There are seven signs of cancer, and I basically had all of them. I blew off the signs because I didn’t like doctors. I went from being someone who had never been to the doctors to feeling like I now know every doctor at UCLA Health. They all say, ‘We’re here to help you, Kevin.’ I did radiation for six weeks, chemotherapy for six weeks and had surgery in December of 2013. The cancer popped up again in 2017 and I did 11 chemotherapy infusions. My scan in July of last year was really clean. It was cancer-free. I made it through the five-year battle and am on the other side. Everyone has been there to help me get healthy."

The website I linked has both pictures from his tv days as well as a current photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2024 10:10 PM

He was very cute in the 70s and 80s. One of those young guys which frequently made the covers of 'Tiger Beat', '16', etc. thanks to his publicity agent who tried to rev up his career when the TV show launched. IIRC, I think before 'Hell Night' was released, PLAYGIRL did an interview with him along with some shirtless photos. (It may have been Cosmo and not Playgirl - one of those magazines). Rather tame photos for such a hot looking guy.

by Anonymousreply 6June 16, 2024 10:20 PM

I loved Lucan. Really sorry to hear this.

by Anonymousreply 7June 16, 2024 11:35 PM

He kind of had a Mat Dillon look to him in his younger days. Imagine if this hunk came up to you to valet your car in the 80s ? I wouldn't want to get out !

by Anonymousreply 8June 16, 2024 11:40 PM

[quote]I had a seven-centimeter tumor in my rectum.

Size of a peach.

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2024 12:20 AM

Wow I didn’t think a person could survive that long with stage 4.

by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2024 2:08 AM

^ Well you were wrong.

by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2024 4:34 AM

Where's the "He had a hot ass but he couldn't live forever" troll ?

by Anonymousreply 12June 17, 2024 4:45 AM

[quote] Wow I didn’t think a person could survive that long with stage 4.

It's rare, but it happens. I have people in my cancer support group who have lived even longer. It all depends on the kind of cancer and what sort of treatments there are for it. I hope to be that lucky, but I fear it's not to be.

by Anonymousreply 13June 17, 2024 4:59 AM

I really enjoyed Hell Night.

RIP.

by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2024 5:07 AM

I got him mixed up with Kevin Sorbo.

by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2024 9:22 PM

Too bad he didn't know the way to Santa Fe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2024 9:56 PM

I felt "Lucan" had a leg up on "Manimal".

by Anonymousreply 17June 17, 2024 10:45 PM

Funny, I was just picturing him with a leg up, R17. Is that wrong?

by Anonymousreply 18June 17, 2024 10:52 PM

Hot as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 19June 17, 2024 11:10 PM

[quote] Hot as fuck.

Not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2024 1:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!