Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why the fuck does America have such an ugly flag?

If you really look at it, it might be the ugliest national flag in existence. Too many incongrous shapes. But really, the problem is the stars in the upper left of the flag. They just look like complete shit boxed into that area.

I think we need to go back to the drawing board with this shit.

Less is more when it comes to flags. Three stripes, placed horizontal to one another, red, white and blue. And call it a day.

by Anonymousreply 29June 16, 2024 4:58 AM

It’s fine. It sends its love.

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2024 2:32 AM

Is the Russian flag that much nicer, Boris?

by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2024 2:33 AM

Someone hold my earrings.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2024 2:35 AM

It's a fucking masterpiece of a flag and has been an icon since it was first created.

The British flag is the only one offhand that comes close in terms of design.

The French Tricolor is a very distant third.

by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2024 2:37 AM

And what should we do about your ugly mug, Op, because you sure is an ugly motherfucker? That poor ugly tree that you fell out of was exhausted after beating the stink off you

by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2024 2:37 AM

Stars and stripes forever!

by Anonymousreply 6June 16, 2024 2:40 AM

FUCK YOU. OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 16, 2024 2:41 AM

Op, on the day you were born I took one look at you and I told your momma, "Put him back, he ain't done yet"

by Anonymousreply 8June 16, 2024 2:48 AM

A bunch of other countries used it as the basis for their own flag.

by Anonymousreply 9June 16, 2024 2:49 AM

Op, you're so ugly you make onions cry

by Anonymousreply 10June 16, 2024 2:54 AM

With Trumpers like you we may not get to continue flying this icon of democracy-FUK-U!

by Anonymousreply 11June 16, 2024 3:01 AM

Op, if ugly came in bricks you'd be the Great Wall of China

by Anonymousreply 12June 16, 2024 3:07 AM

Fuck you,OP. Just because you’re alone - again - on a Saturday night in your shit-stained kimono doesn’t mean you have to act like a traitor for attention.

Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 13June 16, 2024 3:14 AM

As a kid op was so ugly we used to tie pork chops around his neck just to get the dog to play with him

by Anonymousreply 14June 16, 2024 3:20 AM

Op, remember that time we took you to that haunted house on Halloween? You came out with a job offer

by Anonymousreply 15June 16, 2024 3:27 AM

Because it's an ugly place.

by Anonymousreply 16June 16, 2024 3:31 AM

R4, you are having a knee-jerk, patriotic reaction. And that’s fine. But there is no way that anyone looking at this topic objectively thanks that the American flag is a masterpiece. It’s ugly.

France has a great flag. Japan has a great flag. The U.S. flag is a poorly thought out mess.

by Anonymousreply 17June 16, 2024 3:38 AM

^ It's a shame you never knew your father, on the day you were born you were so ugly 7 guys left town

by Anonymousreply 18June 16, 2024 3:39 AM

Move, OP. No one will miss you.

by Anonymousreply 19June 16, 2024 3:41 AM

^ He was so ugly his momma got morning sickness after he was born

by Anonymousreply 20June 16, 2024 3:41 AM

I think it's a grand old flag!

by Anonymousreply 21June 16, 2024 3:43 AM

The US flag is great.

Just as good is the UK's Union Jack.

Love France.

The Italian flag is so evocative of Italy.

Japan, Switzerland, Turkey...GREAT flags.

by Anonymousreply 22June 16, 2024 3:47 AM

Op, when you were born you were so ugly the doctor slapped your mom

by Anonymousreply 23June 16, 2024 3:50 AM

OP, my flag has MEANING. Unlike your life.

Thread closed, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 24June 16, 2024 3:59 AM

Betsy Ross did not have a design degree from RISD OP. I think you could do better.

by Anonymousreply 25June 16, 2024 4:08 AM

[quote] think it's a grand old flag!

It’s a high-flying flag.

by Anonymousreply 26June 16, 2024 4:11 AM

Japanese Flag, U.K flag and Argentinean are the 3 best. The American flag is very standard, stars and stripes in ripoff UK colors...no originality

by Anonymousreply 27June 16, 2024 4:12 AM

I like the Tanzanian flag

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 16, 2024 4:43 AM

It was fashioned on the East India Company flag. Funny, because American historians until recently haven't been interested hat much in the effects of the British colonial rule in India on the American drive for independence. That infamous tea in Boston came over from India, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 29June 16, 2024 4:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!