Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Euro 2024 (football/soccer)

Is there no thread yet? I searched ...

Anyhoo, great start from Germany!

by Anonymousreply 347July 16, 2024 10:58 PM

đŸ€­

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 15, 2024 10:28 AM

Spain are pummelling Croatia right now but their backline is a sieve. Can't see them winning the tournament, but they have amazing talent. Lamine Yamal was involved in two of the goals, and he only turns 17 next month.

Copa America starts next week too, I can see it being very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 2June 15, 2024 5:06 PM

We should discuss the soccer player gay rumors in this thread. Sometimes I think the goalkeeper from Germany is gay. Who else? There is a lot of bearding and PR children going on here too. On LSA someone once said that in the NFL, only the guys who pretend to be married and have kids get the big brand deals. I don't think it's different with the soccer stars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 15, 2024 5:26 PM

[quote]Albanian fans snapped spaghetti in front of Italian fans ahead of the Italy-Albania Euro 2024 match.

I like the Italian boy on his knees pleading for the pasta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 15, 2024 5:59 PM

Someone I work with thinks Manuel Neuer (German goalkeeper) is gay. I can see it.

by Anonymousreply 5June 15, 2024 6:04 PM

The Scots were just happy to qualify, they're pretty mid. They can take solace in the fact that they're much hotter than the German team.

I get zero gay vibes from Neuer.

by Anonymousreply 6June 15, 2024 6:06 PM

Does anyone on Team Scotland need a hug? I'm willing to help out.

by Anonymousreply 7June 15, 2024 6:14 PM

Scotland will rebound against Switzerland, never fear.

by Anonymousreply 8June 15, 2024 6:19 PM

[quote]On LSA someone once said that in the NFL, only the guys who pretend to be married and have kids get the big brand deals. I don't think it's different with the soccer stars.

True, though it's also possible to be high profile and yet keep their relationships quiet for whatever reason. Mbappe for most part has managed this - though it'll be interesting to see how he does at Real Madrid - and Jules Kounde is another who comes to mind. Ronaldo didn't seem to care much until certain stories started emerging - see below - and he suddenly hooked up with his current girlfriend. By the way, he got a lot of homophobic abuse from the Spanish crowds about that time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 15, 2024 6:23 PM

Dear Kieran Tierney: Please untuck your jersey, you big dork. I would be happy to help.

by Anonymousreply 10June 15, 2024 6:26 PM

R9, Ronaldo has managed to avoid marriage. I think European footballers are allowed to be more like rockstars and less like “role models.”

by Anonymousreply 11June 15, 2024 6:34 PM

CRISTINA Ronaldo was called gay by KOKE in 2016. Later he was accused of rape by a woman. It was later claimed to be a false accusation. I think this was a PR move because a false rape allegation from a woman implies he is hetero which is less career damaging than coming out as gay.

From the article I linked:

Spanish radio station Cadena COPE claims to have overheard a conversation between Ronaldo and his teammates in the locker room after the match. Cadena COPE is one of the most popular radio stations in Spain.

According do Cadena COPE, Ronaldo told teammates that Koke called him a “faggot” on the pitch, and that is what sparked the confrontation. He allegedly told his teammates that responded to Koke, “a faggot, yes. But a rich one.” You can see Cadena COPE’s full account of the conversation at The Sun.

To be clear, Ronaldo did not seem to be making these comments with any intention that they would be broadcast publicly. Rather, he was talking with his teammates in a manner that clearly wasn’t intended to be digested publicly. Cadena COPE decided to share the story publicly, so here we are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 15, 2024 6:36 PM

No-one claimed that the rape accusation was false aside from Ronaldo's legal team. The accuser still maintains his guilt. However, that's all been discussed in other threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 15, 2024 6:45 PM

Scotland were worse than Wales in the World Cup which was saying something. Dreadful performance. What was worse was the Scottish nationalist politicians flocking over there and wearing the most hideous unflattering gear for election material. Except Humza Yousaf of course who missed the match so he could attend a Palestine rally.

Germany played really well and it's always nice to support nations with English players in the teams.

by Anonymousreply 14June 15, 2024 7:11 PM

Thomas MĂŒller is English? He has a long nose...

by Anonymousreply 15June 15, 2024 7:14 PM

Albania the best-looking team? I didn't spot any uggos in the starting line-up.

by Anonymousreply 16June 15, 2024 7:18 PM

[quote]Thomas MĂŒller is English? He has a long nose...

Jamal Musiala, scorer of the second goal has English (British) citizenship on account of being born in Germany but growing up in London with a British Nigerian father and German mother. He played for England's youth teams and was part of the Chelsea Academy but switched to Germany at 17after he signed for Bayern Munich.

by Anonymousreply 17June 15, 2024 7:26 PM

Just watching Christian Eriksen and thinking was it really 3 years ago he collapsed on the pitch and the match ended and then he scored.

A bigger comeback than either Jesus or Valerie Cherish.

Kaspar Schmeichel is one of the most attractive footballers in the tournament. Hard to believe he's now 37 and gets better with age.

by Anonymousreply 18June 16, 2024 4:25 PM

R18 Strange, Eriksen already looks 42. Is he a drug lord?

by Anonymousreply 19June 16, 2024 6:53 PM

As much as I want England to win I fucking hate the fans. Just shut the fuck up and let the other team enjoy their anthem.

by Anonymousreply 20June 16, 2024 6:57 PM

R20 Oh yes, they are so rude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 16, 2024 7:02 PM

R21 - The cunt who tweeted the above didn't bother to delete the false claim but added an "update" saying "UPDATE: The initial reports from the Guardian were that English fans attacked the Serb fans, but according to Sky Sports News now, German police stated that it was actually Albanian fans that attacked the Serbs and they don’t believe English fans were involved."

by Anonymousreply 22June 16, 2024 7:10 PM

Everyone at home is celebrating our boys now because they didn't get curbstomped by those imposing Vikings. 😊

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 16, 2024 7:12 PM

HEY JUDE!

Every time Jude scores I'm going to post the underwear video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 16, 2024 7:24 PM

Joe Hart is pitchside for the BBC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 16, 2024 8:03 PM

Bored now

by Anonymousreply 26June 16, 2024 8:53 PM

R25 does he still have crust on his chest and around his navel?

Asking for a friend

by Anonymousreply 27June 16, 2024 8:57 PM

“Lance looked like the cat with the cream to be up close and personal with a hunk lusted after by the gay community.” The footballer recently became a father, although he raised eyebrows by opting to have the child, also named Cristiano, with a surrogate mother. The child is said to be in Portugal being cared for by Ronaldo’s family. Ronaldo’s love of fashion, accessories and grooming has made him the subject of gay rumours in the past and he has been voted a gay icon by several publications.

INTERESTING.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 16, 2024 9:07 PM

Doesn't look good for England if that's all they could manage against Serbia.

by Anonymousreply 29June 17, 2024 5:17 PM

[quote] Doesn't look good for England if that's all they could manage against Serbia.

England weren’t as good as Germany but Serbia weren’t as awful as Scotland.

After the Denmark Slovenia draw England will be very happy with the result.

by Anonymousreply 30June 17, 2024 5:46 PM

Serbia?!

by Anonymousreply 31June 17, 2024 5:48 PM

I'm hoping Kaspar Schmeichel takes over his dad's commentary slot once he (Kaspar) retires. He's fiiiine... Looking forward to DK-GB on Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 32June 17, 2024 7:55 PM

Mbappe might have a broken nose... looks nasty.

by Anonymousreply 33June 17, 2024 8:49 PM

He nasteeé

by Anonymousreply 34June 17, 2024 8:56 PM

Why the yellow card on the injured Mbappe after he stumbled back onto the pitch?

My, that was some match!

by Anonymousreply 35June 17, 2024 8:59 PM

R31 Serbian football team are not as good as Novaxx. Not even closely.

by Anonymousreply 36June 17, 2024 9:29 PM

I didn't see what happened but I think although the game was stopped when Mbappe was injured, the referee didn't allow France to make their substitutions. Mbappe went back on the field to force the issue, otherwise they would be playing with 10 men until the next break in play.

The referee is Gil Manzano, one of La Liga's finest.

by Anonymousreply 37June 17, 2024 9:44 PM

Thanks, R37. So selfless captaining on Mbappe's part in the face of personal pain; team first.

by Anonymousreply 38June 17, 2024 11:02 PM

R36 is
 is! Not are

by Anonymousreply 39June 18, 2024 4:01 AM

In British English, words like "family" or "team" take a plural verb, R39.

Shame about Mbappe, he's breathtaking to watch on the field. Hopefully they'll be able to get back in shape for the knock-out phase.

by Anonymousreply 40June 18, 2024 4:27 AM

R3 For me, the biggest closet cases right now at the Euros are Benjamin Pavard (France) and RĂșben Dias (Portugal).

by Anonymousreply 41June 18, 2024 4:36 AM

No shits—it were a joke.

by Anonymousreply 42June 18, 2024 9:33 AM

I always forget how much I hate Portugal. How is that cunt Pepe still playing? He must be about 50 now, the dirty cheating cunt.

by Anonymousreply 43June 18, 2024 8:21 PM

Could not agree more. Pepe is history's greatest monster.

by Anonymousreply 44June 18, 2024 8:33 PM

Who the fuck is Czechia?????

Jesus, warn a fellow when you change your countrys’ name 🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 45June 18, 2024 8:37 PM

There used to be Czechoslovakia up to 1992

Then there was Slovakia (not to be confused with Slovenia) and the Czech Republic.

The Czech Republic became Czechia (not to be confused with Chechnya) in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 46June 18, 2024 8:43 PM

I remember when Brazil won the world cup in 2002, one of the players danced naked in the shower and the penis went up and down and it was filmed on international tv. Does someone have the clip?

by Anonymousreply 47June 18, 2024 8:45 PM

Offside, Analdo!

giggles

by Anonymousreply 48June 18, 2024 8:47 PM

Yeah, still hate those Portuguese cunts.

by Anonymousreply 49June 18, 2024 9:04 PM

Thanks, R46.

Suck it, Portugal haters.

by Anonymousreply 50June 18, 2024 11:35 PM

Which cock is bigger? Czech or Polish?

by Anonymousreply 51June 18, 2024 11:43 PM

R49 fuck off

by Anonymousreply 52June 19, 2024 1:42 AM

R51 The Poles' pole, of course.

So, I am an American, big sports fan - football, basketball, baseball. I have only in the last couple decades followed soccer more closely. Yeah, decades blah blah... So you who were raised in the game and understand it technically.... why does England ALWAYS shit the bed, underperform, look bad. Is it just high expectations - all their players names in the EPL - and they really aren't that good. Teach me.

by Anonymousreply 53June 19, 2024 2:13 AM

They’re English
 duh

by Anonymousreply 54June 19, 2024 2:16 AM

Yeah, all the huge stars that play in the Premier League and hence make those teams great are players from other countries.

by Anonymousreply 55June 19, 2024 3:00 AM

The English are big on tradition, and shitting the bed in tournaments is one of them. Also, their manager is a numpty.

by Anonymousreply 56June 19, 2024 5:46 AM

English managers historically aren't the greatest. There are reports that the FA may change direction and go for someone like Pep Guardiola to replace Southgate. Whether he'll want to or not remains to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 57June 19, 2024 3:22 PM

I hope not, I'd hate for England to be in competent hands! #SouthgateIn

by Anonymousreply 58June 19, 2024 3:25 PM

The English tend to be overly optimistic about sport with all the ‘It’s coming home’ and ‘Sweet Caroline’ shit. The English team are oversold, so they naturally always underdeliver with all the pressurised high expectations. It’s a self inflicted curse.

by Anonymousreply 59June 19, 2024 3:43 PM

[quote] The English tend to be overly optimistic about sport with all the ‘It’s coming home’ and ‘Sweet Caroline’ shit. The English team are oversold, so they naturally always underdeliver with all the pressurised high expectations. It’s a self inflicted curse.

You don’t understand Three Lions do you?

by Anonymousreply 60June 19, 2024 3:52 PM

R60 Explain it.

by Anonymousreply 61June 19, 2024 5:43 PM

Yay, Germany. They're not looking terribly impressive, but they're through the group now and we'll see how they do when shit gets real.

I'm regretting not having bought a pink/purple away shirt. The long arm ones are sold out.

by Anonymousreply 62June 19, 2024 5:54 PM

[quote][R60] Explain it.

Three Lions is about hope, not expectation. It's about the expectation of being disappointed.

[quote]Everyone seems to know the score, They've seen it all before, They just know, they're so sure That England's gonna throw it away, gonna blow it away

And when it was recorded and released in 1996 Football was literally coming home - England was hosting the Euros, the first major tournament in 30 years - remember the "30 years of hurt never stopped us dreaming" line?

by Anonymousreply 63June 19, 2024 6:32 PM

TL;DR it’s the same issue as British tennis players at Wimbledon. Flop city 9/10 times.

by Anonymousreply 64June 19, 2024 6:37 PM

1-0 to Scotland! An own goal, but we'll take it!

by Anonymousreply 65June 19, 2024 7:15 PM

If our opponents want to be generous, it would be churlish to complain!

by Anonymousreply 66June 19, 2024 7:24 PM

I wish Clarke would give Shankland more than four minutes.

by Anonymousreply 67June 19, 2024 9:19 PM

Look who turned up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 19, 2024 9:30 PM

There are thousands of people who have shared pics of Gadd at the match and influencers are still trying "Look who I saw at the match" with a pic clearly taken from the tv. Fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 69June 19, 2024 9:45 PM

The Princess of Wales, to support the nation where she went to uni? She doesn’t look to well 

by Anonymousreply 70June 19, 2024 9:48 PM

too*

by Anonymousreply 71June 19, 2024 9:49 PM

It was a valid goal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 19, 2024 10:55 PM

I'm concerned with the lack of pictures in this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 20, 2024 12:24 PM

The England Denmark match is very cagey and therefore very dull but I can't remember the last time I saw such a dreadful pitch.

by Anonymousreply 74June 20, 2024 4:48 PM

Dreadful match, I had to put the tv on mute as I couldn't stand Alan Shearer's moaning.

Horrible atmosphere, dreadful pitch, no energy. 4 points though.

by Anonymousreply 75June 20, 2024 6:03 PM

England's performance looked even worse compared to what Spain did against Italy.

But it's a tournament, let's see how things look in the knock-out phase.

by Anonymousreply 76June 21, 2024 5:34 AM

France are looking quite shaky without Mbappe.

by Anonymousreply 77June 21, 2024 7:19 PM

OMG Scotland are shocking 🙈 When we get the ball, it's like we don't even know what to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 78June 23, 2024 7:41 PM

Quite funny it was an Argentinian referee who ignored an obvious penalty for Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 79June 23, 2024 8:39 PM

Looking for positives at least Scotland managed to score a goal. Many teams go to a major championship and never get to score.

by Anonymousreply 80June 23, 2024 9:04 PM

R88 that’s why you’re still not independent

by Anonymousreply 81June 23, 2024 9:04 PM

R78^^

by Anonymousreply 82June 23, 2024 9:05 PM

Too many white players in Scotland’s team

by Anonymousreply 83June 23, 2024 9:11 PM

BBC interviewing Scotland's goalkeeper who looks like he wants to cry. He played for England until last year.

by Anonymousreply 84June 23, 2024 9:22 PM

No Copa America thread?

USA v Bolivia at 6pm ET

by Anonymousreply 85June 23, 2024 9:24 PM

I think Thomas MĂŒller is cute. He once called himself a unicorn because of his long nose. He looks like Macron. Macron secretly likes men... does that mean??? MĂŒller has been married for ages to his equestrian wife but no children in sight. A smart vasectomy or other interests...? Does someone know more?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 23, 2024 9:40 PM

He seems to treat his animals as his children. MĂŒller seems like a happy person, I don't get the desperation you feel from some possibly closeted sportsmen in the public eye. That said, I have no real idea if there's ever been any gossip or not.

USA vs Bolivia is dull.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 23, 2024 10:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 23, 2024 11:01 PM

R87 Pulisic's first goal was beautiful. Bolivia isn't very good, but it's not really "dull"...

by Anonymousreply 89June 23, 2024 11:03 PM

Maybe "predictable" is more my meaning - all Bolivia are able to do is break up play and try to frustrate their opponents. I enjoyed the Ecuador/Venezuela game because it was closer and more chaotic.

by Anonymousreply 90June 23, 2024 11:27 PM

[quote]Looking for positives at least Scotland managed to score a goal.

Did they? Or did they only get own goals?

by Anonymousreply 91June 24, 2024 1:33 AM

Honestly, I don't want Germany to win the tournament. But not because they're the host nation, it's because I can't stand that miserable, hypocrite closet-case of Manuel Neuer.

by Anonymousreply 92June 24, 2024 4:36 AM

Scottish nationalist twitter have gone absolutely mental today.

Most of the anger directed at the BBC coverage including targeting Gabby Logan for referring to the Scotland team as ‘they’ rather than ‘we’ - she is Welsh and married to Scottish rugby player Kenny Logan. Their son plays rugby for England.

And this Scottish politician has created a Palestine Scottish hybrid flag to wave on the boys.

A totally deranged nationalist movement, just like Orban’s Hungary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 24, 2024 12:36 PM

The things people want to get upset about...

by Anonymousreply 94June 24, 2024 1:43 PM

Btw I started a Copa America thread for anyone who wants to discuss those athletic latino men.

Ecuador's Antonio Valencia was always soooo fuckable. Now he looks like a roided muscle queen. I still would, obs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 24, 2024 2:05 PM

International football star or TimTales exclusive?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 24, 2024 2:30 PM

The fans at the Euros have been trouble-free and generally just having fun. It's a nice change from the last time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 24, 2024 5:28 PM

Just you wait 
AfD

by Anonymousreply 98June 24, 2024 5:36 PM

Apart from the Albanian and Serbian gangs fighting there hasn't been any fan violence.

by Anonymousreply 99June 24, 2024 6:02 PM

Thomas MĂŒller is good fun, a quirky guy. Since he's Bavarian through and through, it's surprising he hasn't procreated yet.

by Anonymousreply 100June 24, 2024 6:05 PM

Final post on Scotland. The first team to leave they got a good send off from their hosts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 24, 2024 7:26 PM

I like Calafiori.

by Anonymousreply 102June 24, 2024 8:10 PM

Fucking Italians just as bad as those Portuguese cunts

by Anonymousreply 103June 24, 2024 9:00 PM

Wow. Italy score at the death.

by Anonymousreply 104June 24, 2024 9:01 PM

damn!!! did you see that guy's penis? it was hard or semi hard, lying on the ground lol

by Anonymousreply 105June 24, 2024 9:03 PM

that was an awesome goal at the last min!!!

I was just about to text my Italian friend not to be too sad....then they scored and now through to next round

by Anonymousreply 106June 24, 2024 9:04 PM

[quote]damn!!! did you see that guy's penis? it was hard or semi hard, lying on the ground lol

This guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107June 24, 2024 9:11 PM

^sorry, that tweet just got deleted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 24, 2024 9:13 PM

yes LOL.

there was a guy sobbing like a baby too...

that was wild~

by Anonymousreply 109June 24, 2024 9:41 PM

R105 I was in the barber’s chair—we both noticed, and he’s a straight Orthodox Jew.

by Anonymousreply 110June 24, 2024 9:43 PM

That does bring joy ;)

by Anonymousreply 111June 24, 2024 9:44 PM

the camera actually lingered for a long time!

by Anonymousreply 112June 24, 2024 9:44 PM

I think that was the cute Calafiori that I mentioned before at R102

by Anonymousreply 113June 24, 2024 9:50 PM

[quote]I think that was the cute Calafiori that I mentioned before at

It was!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 24, 2024 9:53 PM

Bastoni is a very good defender for Italy!

by Anonymousreply 115June 25, 2024 1:45 AM

Germany, Spain, France and Portugal all in the top half of the draw. Four of the top 5 favourites.

COME ON ENGERLAND - if they finish top they'll be in the bottom half with the underdogs.

by Anonymousreply 116June 25, 2024 6:04 PM

The Dutch manage only third in their group. For shame.

They will make it to the knockout stage, we know—but yeesh!

by Anonymousreply 117June 25, 2024 6:22 PM

The France/Poland game was great!

The two best from each team scored penalty kicks.

by Anonymousreply 118June 25, 2024 6:25 PM

I just want to see England take the handbreak off and PLAY

by Anonymousreply 119June 25, 2024 6:27 PM

Btw. has the DL's Grealish fraulein gone missing?

by Anonymousreply 120June 25, 2024 8:24 PM

Grealish wasn’t selected for the team

by Anonymousreply 121June 25, 2024 8:40 PM

But where is the freulein?

by Anonymousreply 122June 25, 2024 8:52 PM

Berlin, Cologne, Hamburg. Munich
take your pick.

by Anonymousreply 123June 25, 2024 9:12 PM

It was quite nice seeing Slovenia celebrating a dull no score draw as it meant they get to the knockout stages.

by Anonymousreply 124June 25, 2024 9:37 PM

R124, as one commentator said, England dragged Slovenia down to their level. But it was good to see the Slovenians happy after the match. Someone got something out of it.

by Anonymousreply 125June 25, 2024 11:31 PM

England is so incredibly boring.

by Anonymousreply 126June 26, 2024 2:33 AM

No shit Sherlock

by Anonymousreply 127June 26, 2024 2:46 AM

Yeah, the free kicks were awful

by Anonymousreply 128June 26, 2024 3:03 AM

I was so bored watching England today

by Anonymousreply 129June 26, 2024 3:07 AM

Every time Ronaldo rages, an angel gets its wings.

by Anonymousreply 130June 26, 2024 7:58 PM

I felt so sad for Ukraine earlier. Belgium were worse than England.

by Anonymousreply 131June 26, 2024 8:17 PM

The 8 QF matches don't look especially appealing and based on the group stages who knows what will happen when extra time and penalties will come in to play.

Spain v Georgia vs Germany v Denmark

Portugal vs Slovenia vs France v Belgium

Romania vs Holland vs Austria vs Turkey

England vs Slovakia vs Switzerland vs Italy

by Anonymousreply 132June 26, 2024 9:05 PM

So sorry for Czechs, referee is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 133June 26, 2024 9:41 PM

Great Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 134June 26, 2024 9:42 PM

wow, this is nuts. can't believe Portugal is so badddd

by Anonymousreply 135June 26, 2024 10:13 PM

Georgia ? Not MY Georgia! Damned Commies

by Anonymousreply 136June 26, 2024 10:19 PM

Watching Italy and Switzerland.... the "champs" are choking. But Lord, the shirtless Swiss fans in the stands.... fat, man boobs bouncing, drooping skin.... Swiss diet must be something special.

by Anonymousreply 137June 29, 2024 5:09 PM

That’s what you call a Xhaka Attack

by Anonymousreply 138June 29, 2024 5:54 PM

Yay! Switzerland.

Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 139June 29, 2024 5:56 PM

Hopp Schwyz! Well done.

Now back to TV. Germany vs. Denmark.

by Anonymousreply 140June 29, 2024 7:08 PM

Germans played great!

by Anonymousreply 141June 30, 2024 1:32 AM

Argentina played great!! They will beat the Germans .... oh, wait.

by Anonymousreply 142June 30, 2024 2:51 AM

I can’t watch England. I just can’t watch them.

by Anonymousreply 143June 30, 2024 5:10 PM

I very much regret being too hungover to drink at the moment. Least Southgates getting sacked

by Anonymousreply 144June 30, 2024 5:17 PM

england soooo badddd

by Anonymousreply 145June 30, 2024 5:29 PM

Slovakia with one shot on target - the one they scored from - and England with no shots on target. Ridiculous game.

by Anonymousreply 146June 30, 2024 5:47 PM

Correction - Slovakia now have two shots on target.

by Anonymousreply 147June 30, 2024 5:50 PM

Ah, knew it. The ghost scores and England win on penalties.

by Anonymousreply 148June 30, 2024 5:56 PM

Ah so they were just trying to build a powerful feeling of suspense all this time.

by Anonymousreply 149June 30, 2024 6:03 PM

Never doubt Southgate the mastermind!

by Anonymousreply 150June 30, 2024 6:06 PM

Oh well I was wrong, looks like it'll be won in extra time.

by Anonymousreply 151June 30, 2024 6:07 PM

r151 Careful. Never doubt England's ability to tear defeat from the jaws of victory

by Anonymousreply 152June 30, 2024 6:09 PM

Too bad, looks like the waistcoat will be sticking around for a while longer.

by Anonymousreply 153June 30, 2024 6:18 PM

If I had to some up England's performance in this match

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 30, 2024 6:21 PM

I love crazy-ass Jordan Pickford!

by Anonymousreply 155June 30, 2024 6:39 PM

I was the one who said I couldn't watch. I went for a walk at 70 minutes and turned off my phone. Was back home for the last 5 minutes.

When this tournament finishes, whoever replaces Southgate, Declan Rice should be made captain.

And as many people have pointed out the England men's team have only ever won an international tournament when there was a Labour government. That happens on Friday and England's next match is Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 156June 30, 2024 6:49 PM

r155 Him humping the grass in celebration at the end was certainly unexpected

by Anonymousreply 157June 30, 2024 6:57 PM

That's not really saying much, r156, considering England have only ever won one international tournament ever.

by Anonymousreply 158June 30, 2024 7:01 PM

R155 he humped the grass because he is not circumcised. Foreskinned glans has so much sensitivity that the grass can stimulate it.

by Anonymousreply 159June 30, 2024 7:04 PM

Wow. The obituaries were written, but now they will have to wait.

by Anonymousreply 160June 30, 2024 7:12 PM

To be fair I'm pretty sure the Swiss will roll us.

Well done Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 161June 30, 2024 7:21 PM

Meanwhile Spain dominates with beautiful football and goes behind to an own goal. That's the Euros for you.

by Anonymousreply 162June 30, 2024 7:21 PM

This is why Declan Rice should be captain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163June 30, 2024 7:26 PM

What an anxiety-ridden weekend for football and politics!

by Anonymousreply 164June 30, 2024 8:07 PM

R157 I can smell Pickford from here.

England very, very lucky.

by Anonymousreply 165June 30, 2024 8:23 PM

Georgia?? I didn't know they allowed US states to participate on this tournament

by Anonymousreply 166June 30, 2024 10:32 PM

It's called Georgia Montenegroe and it's deemed racist because of its black mountain.

by Anonymousreply 167June 30, 2024 10:41 PM

Mexico... ja ja ja ja ja! Oh, wait... (O, espera...)

by Anonymousreply 168July 1, 2024 2:58 AM

I didn't bother with France Belgium and won't bother with Portugal featuring That Cunt Pepe vs Slovenia

by Anonymousreply 169July 1, 2024 7:01 PM

The “powerhouse” France is through to the quarterfinals without scoring a goal from open play.

by Anonymousreply 170July 1, 2024 7:08 PM

Slovenians are lookers and play good.

by Anonymousreply 171July 1, 2024 8:28 PM

The Portuguese keeper has such a bossy bottom vibe about him

by Anonymousreply 172July 1, 2024 9:25 PM

Slovenia have done well but I can't see Portugal not winning on penalties despite how good Oblak is.

by Anonymousreply 173July 1, 2024 9:36 PM

Hate that cunt Ronaldo hate that cunt Pepe hate all of those Portuguese cunts

by Anonymousreply 174July 1, 2024 9:43 PM

Portugal won!!! GK was awesome!!! man of the match!

by Anonymousreply 175July 1, 2024 9:43 PM

R174, why ? did you bet on game and lost money?

by Anonymousreply 176July 1, 2024 9:44 PM

I just hate Portugal. One of the most unpleasant cheating teams in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 177July 1, 2024 10:12 PM

So we were sent packing home, but our boys made Ronaldo cry, which means it's a public holiday over here today. 😊

Truthfully, the team has no offensive game to speak of, so it's a surprise we made it as far as we did.

by Anonymousreply 178July 2, 2024 1:59 PM

Misstiano Penaldo LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179July 2, 2024 2:55 PM

No upsets so far.

Hope Austria continue the run and beat those awful Turks.

by Anonymousreply 180July 2, 2024 6:02 PM

R180 The way this year is going, a Turkish team winning the Euros would be interesting. Europe pushing back against immigrants? Ha, who is your champion now? Come on, say it, who's your daddy?? The brackets are set up so a Germany/Turkey final is possible. That would be fun.

by Anonymousreply 181July 2, 2024 6:27 PM

R181 It would be the foreskinners vs the dry stumps

by Anonymousreply 182July 2, 2024 7:51 PM

R182 What you talking about, Willis?

by Anonymousreply 183July 2, 2024 8:19 PM

Well shit I liked the Austrians this tournament they were playing well.

by Anonymousreply 184July 2, 2024 9:07 PM

Pulling for Switzerland and Turkiye. I'm so sick of the Usual WInners winning. At least Italy is out.

by Anonymousreply 185July 2, 2024 10:25 PM

Spain might take it

by Anonymousreply 186July 2, 2024 10:43 PM

We'll see how Spain do against Germany but they're a joy to watch. They just need their back line to be a bit more secure. It's a pity Pau Cubarsi wasn't selected but he's still very inexperienced.

by Anonymousreply 187July 2, 2024 11:43 PM

So one hour until Germany vs. Spain. Probably 25 millions are watching on TV. They are playing in my hometown, Stuttgart. Any bets?

by Anonymousreply 188July 5, 2024 3:12 PM

Is Suttgart full of muslims?

by Anonymousreply 189July 5, 2024 3:18 PM

I'm betting Germany to win

by Anonymousreply 190July 5, 2024 3:19 PM

What are all your predictions for the semis?

I’ll go with

Spain v Portugal

Netherlands v England

by Anonymousreply 191July 5, 2024 3:46 PM

r189. Not more than in other cities. And no, there is no reason for racism.

by Anonymousreply 192July 5, 2024 3:56 PM

R192 true because the German-Turkish muslims are of the caucasoid race like the Germans just without foreskin.

by Anonymousreply 193July 5, 2024 4:12 PM

30 plus years into the experiment - the anonymity of the internet does more than expose racism, it grows it.

Spain is clearly the favorite in this game and in the tournament. It would be amusing to see England continue to "fail" in three more games and play horribly, below capacity, and win the whole thing. The English would celebrate and complain at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 194July 5, 2024 4:19 PM

When Thomas MĂŒller loses I would love to comfort him and massage his feet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195July 5, 2024 4:26 PM

r193. There exists no different human races. Humans are a race, called Homo sapiens.

by Anonymousreply 196July 5, 2024 4:32 PM

Kroos took Pedri out of the game. It just so happens that Spain have lost a lot of control in midfield now. No way that wasn't deliberate and not even a yellow given.

by Anonymousreply 197July 5, 2024 4:36 PM

Lamine Yamal is very skilled... his passing has put Spain ahead. But I always hear the announcers calling him La Nina Mal.... always makes me laugh. "Bad girl!"

by Anonymousreply 198July 5, 2024 5:24 PM

That's it for Spain, I think. Understandable taking off Yamal and Williams given what happened to Pedri, but there's little threat otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 199July 5, 2024 5:50 PM

r199. Ahem, no 😀

by Anonymousreply 200July 5, 2024 5:58 PM

What don't you agree with, R200?

by Anonymousreply 201July 5, 2024 6:03 PM

R196 I ain't so sho 'bout that...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202July 5, 2024 6:03 PM

Justice for Pedri! Spain beats Germany.

by Anonymousreply 203July 5, 2024 6:40 PM

Stupid yellow for Morata for overcelebrating, now they're short of several players in the next round.

by Anonymousreply 204July 5, 2024 6:42 PM

I mean, it was stupid of him to get it. Also, if Ferran Torres had scored that 1 v 1 near the end, Carvajal wouldn't have needed to get a second yellow.

by Anonymousreply 205July 5, 2024 6:43 PM

Watched the match with my tiny Dachshund pal whose mastery of German profanity never fails to amaze me. Eight pounds of fury!

by Anonymousreply 206July 5, 2024 6:45 PM

Well that's what Germany gets for only showing pride in their country during soccer matches. Every other day of the year they are ashamed of themselves. That's why their players didn't have much power and moral.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207July 5, 2024 6:53 PM

Said footballing Dachshund absolutely despises Ronaldo, so I'm bracing myself for her Portuguese assault. Ear plugs and mezcal should help.

by Anonymousreply 208July 5, 2024 6:58 PM

Looking forward to Ronaldo's breakdown if France win

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 5, 2024 7:00 PM

Tomorrow is the game Netherlands versus this year's host Turkey. I think Turkey will win because they look more muscular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210July 5, 2024 7:00 PM

The foul in the very last minute of Spain vs Germany was brutal. It also instantly killed all desire in me to be happy for Spain. My problem isn’t that Germany lost but that a team who played like old Yugoslavia won. I hope their next opponent wipes the floor with them.

by Anonymousreply 211July 5, 2024 7:14 PM

Were the Spaniards cheating?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212July 5, 2024 7:24 PM

Germans threaten the referee. Nasty behavior!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 5, 2024 7:28 PM

There was an offside in the run-up to the handball incident, not sure if Taylor took that into account or judged the incident not to be a handball.

by Anonymousreply 214July 5, 2024 7:53 PM

Spanish players are well known cheaters and scumbags. That's why I don't like to watch la Liga

by Anonymousreply 215July 5, 2024 9:10 PM

Players who deliberately cause injuries are cheats and scumbags.

by Anonymousreply 216July 5, 2024 9:19 PM

Can Portugal and France both lose, please?

by Anonymousreply 217July 5, 2024 9:31 PM

R217 Quite apparently, not.

I though Portugal was the better team today.... but that's how the ball bounces. The chicken as a symbol of France was always weird to me... yeah, yeah gallo/Gaul etc.

I wonder if Le Pen and her reactionary crackpots are happy about a team almost 100% made up of African immigrants or their children.

by Anonymousreply 218July 5, 2024 9:48 PM

I'm so glad Germany lost since I can't stand that hypocrite closet-case of Manuel Neuer.

by Anonymousreply 219July 6, 2024 12:39 AM

Neuer should fucking retire.

by Anonymousreply 220July 6, 2024 2:09 PM

Kroos apologised to Pedri for the tackle, so good for him.

by Anonymousreply 221July 6, 2024 2:48 PM

I'm guessing 2-1 to Switzerland.

by Anonymousreply 222July 6, 2024 3:47 PM

I hope England doesn't let me down.

by Anonymousreply 223July 6, 2024 3:48 PM

why didn't they pick Jack Garlish?

by Anonymousreply 224July 6, 2024 3:48 PM

I'm guessing England loses in penalties. Because.... England.

by Anonymousreply 225July 6, 2024 3:49 PM

I have no expectations for England to win but just hope they play well.

by Anonymousreply 226July 6, 2024 3:51 PM

r226 I can promise you 85 minutes of boredom and about 3 minutes of good play nothing more

by Anonymousreply 227July 6, 2024 3:53 PM

Seeing Rio Ferdinand and Frank Lampard doing their punditry sat next to each other made me think if they ever discuss the sex tape incident.

The dialogue was amazing.

"Stick the bottle up your fanny" "I ain't sticking a bottle up my fanny"

by Anonymousreply 228July 6, 2024 4:50 PM

Super frank is a very nice guy. I've met him. So humble and down to earth

by Anonymousreply 229July 6, 2024 5:01 PM

Christ its actually going to go down to penalties. #ArrestSouthgate is trending and I don't disagree.

by Anonymousreply 230July 6, 2024 6:10 PM

England escapes...very lucky

by Anonymousreply 231July 6, 2024 6:57 PM

SAKA >>>> XHAKA

I wish England would make it easier on themselves and the country. I hate hearing the fans jeering them but can understand why they're so frustrated.

by Anonymousreply 232July 6, 2024 6:58 PM

R232, those were, at least, GREAT penalty kicks.

by Anonymousreply 233July 6, 2024 7:20 PM

[quote]#ArrestSouthgate is trending and I don't disagree.

Southgate's record:

2018: semi final (first time England reach a WC semi final since 1990)

2020: finalists (first time England make Euro finals, first time in a final since 1966, beaten on penalties)

2022: quarter finals

2024: semi finals

England fans have never had it so good.

by Anonymousreply 234July 6, 2024 7:26 PM

Turkey-yeh

When did the pronunciation change? I am assuming this is how it's pronounced in Turkish, but I've never heard this in English commentary until this tournament.

I think Turkey looks like the stronger team today. It'd be fun if they won, then beat England, and then play France - right after the rightwing white supremacists, anti-muslims win the election in France. Then France with a team of all African muslim immigrants play Turkey whose Turkish muslim players all look pretty "white"...

by Anonymousreply 235July 6, 2024 8:13 PM

I think the Turkish government sent out a foreign office briefing either this year or last they want people to use TĂŒrkiye rather than Turkey. Must have been tired of all the bird jokes.

by Anonymousreply 236July 6, 2024 8:17 PM

Fucking hell.

Every. Single. Team. I. Was. Rooting. For. Lost.

Fuck this shit. It’s the same god-damned teams every time.

by Anonymousreply 237July 6, 2024 9:13 PM

[quote]What are all your predictions for the semis? I’ll go with Spain v Portugal and Netherlands v England

Three out of four ain't bad

by Anonymousreply 238July 6, 2024 9:14 PM

R235 funny fact that black Muslims in French football team were not born in Muslim families, they are converts. They mostly come from Christian families and converted out of spite and a strange belief that Arabs care for them more than Europeans do. I never think of converts as real believers, because they lack the traditional, cultural and social side of religion that children absorb in family and community.

Unlike them, Turks are real Muslim nation for centuries.

by Anonymousreply 239July 6, 2024 9:40 PM

Both the Turkish (Mert GĂŒnok) and the Dutch (Bart Verbruggen) goalkeepers are hot.

by Anonymousreply 240July 6, 2024 10:31 PM

Good that the Turks lost. They would have burnt down Berlin otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 241July 6, 2024 10:41 PM

Netherlands v England.... this is gonna be good

by Anonymousreply 242July 6, 2024 11:04 PM

r241 They've decided to burn down the Hague instead.

by Anonymousreply 243July 7, 2024 12:42 AM

Turkey had the youngest team players. Three under 21’s I believe. The other 2 twinks got lots of attention but I think Can Uzman is one to watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244July 7, 2024 9:06 AM

Where the dick at?

by Anonymousreply 245July 7, 2024 10:18 AM

[quote]Fuck this shit. It’s the same god-damned teams every time.

Agreed, this is a sadly underwhelming tournament.

by Anonymousreply 246July 7, 2024 11:43 AM

[quote]Fuck this shit. It’s the same god-damned teams every time.

Since 2000 there have been 15 different teams who filled 28 semi final spots,

Portugal 4, Spain 4, Germany 3, France 3, Italy 3, Netherlands 3, England 2

Greece, Czech Republic, Russia, Turkey, Wales, Denmark all 1.

by Anonymousreply 247July 7, 2024 2:00 PM

R247 Right, but why is always teams from Europe? Oh, wait...

by Anonymousreply 248July 7, 2024 2:26 PM

Anyone but spain

by Anonymousreply 249July 7, 2024 2:45 PM

I'd probably prefer Spain to France. Guess we'll know by Tuesday though. Whether its England or the Netherlands through they'll be the underdog in the final.

by Anonymousreply 250July 7, 2024 3:23 PM

If Spain wins it will be their 4th trophy, making the most successful team in the tournament's history.

If France wins it will be their 3rd trophy, joining Spain and Germany with the most wins.

If Netherlands win it will be their 2nd win.

If England win it will be their first win.

by Anonymousreply 251July 7, 2024 3:27 PM

I laughed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252July 7, 2024 8:35 PM

I, too, am tired of the Usual Winners winning. I like a Cinderella story so will be cheering on the Dutch.

Interesting to hear Landon Donovan during the ENG-SUI match on how he thinks so many of the Usual Winners have an attitude of (I'm paraphrasing here), play safe and just don't lose and take your chances on penalty kicks at the end. He's not wrong -- I believe France has yet to score a goal that wasn't an opponent's own goal or a PK in open play. It's so much more interesting/fun to watch teams like Croatia and Slovakia that pressed hard and played their guts out.

by Anonymousreply 253July 8, 2024 8:23 PM

R23 Wait a minute, England has never won the Euro, right? Are they not (considering their historic shitting-of-the-bed) an underdog?

by Anonymousreply 254July 8, 2024 9:41 PM

R234, I've thought the same for ages. I wouldn't consider any of the England line-ups from 2018 onwards exceptional, yet they've had a fantastic run. Southgate must be doing SOMETHING right.

by Anonymousreply 255July 9, 2024 1:28 AM

Okay. 2.30 until Spain will hopefully kick out France out of the Stadium in Munich. Any bets?

by Anonymousreply 256July 9, 2024 4:30 PM

R256 Spain 2-0

by Anonymousreply 257July 9, 2024 4:43 PM

I'm guessing 2-1 to Spain

by Anonymousreply 258July 9, 2024 5:14 PM

Yeah I'll go 2-1 Spain too. Though I also wouldn't be surprised if it goes down to penalties.

by Anonymousreply 259July 9, 2024 5:25 PM

3:2 Spain. On the other hand, France has no goal in the regular game. So.....

by Anonymousreply 260July 9, 2024 5:48 PM

Our cute silver daddy referee judging the semi today. 😊

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261July 9, 2024 6:26 PM

Hell of a goal. The French fans are a rough looking lot this match.

by Anonymousreply 262July 9, 2024 7:11 PM

Yamal's goal was amazing. This is already the best game of the tournament.

by Anonymousreply 263July 9, 2024 7:25 PM

Banger!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264July 9, 2024 7:48 PM

I knew he was young but he's still got braces on his teeth!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265July 9, 2024 7:50 PM

Was that a streaker or JustStopOil? I made the mistake of looking away.

by Anonymousreply 266July 9, 2024 8:16 PM

It's kind of a shame this isn't the final.

by Anonymousreply 267July 9, 2024 8:43 PM

There's a picture which has made the rounds for several months of a young Messi holding a baby Yamal. Most assumed it's a hoax. It turns out it's genuine. It just so happened that Barcelona players took photos with members of the public chosen by lottery for a calendar as part of a charitable initiative.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268July 9, 2024 9:22 PM

How can we forget when Mbappe released this jam in 2000?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269July 10, 2024 5:03 AM

A moment of silence for the beautiful and ageless Olivier Giroud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270July 10, 2024 7:46 AM

R269 I don’t get it?

by Anonymousreply 271July 10, 2024 8:05 AM

That poor security guard, he was only trying to do his job. He’s going to get some hate online from the Spanish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272July 10, 2024 8:07 AM

I'm rooting for the Netherlands

by Anonymousreply 273July 10, 2024 1:54 PM

I'm thinking 2-1 to England in extra time.

by Anonymousreply 274July 10, 2024 6:41 PM

Is it............ coming home?

by Anonymousreply 275July 10, 2024 6:53 PM

Netherlands 1-0.

by Anonymousreply 276July 10, 2024 7:00 PM

Yep. Netherlands hopefully win

by Anonymousreply 277July 10, 2024 7:12 PM

Denzel Dumfries? Is he Scottish?

by Anonymousreply 278July 10, 2024 7:17 PM

Which team were hard done by with a dodgy handball decision? Was it Denmark?

by Anonymousreply 279July 10, 2024 7:20 PM

R279 Germany. It's why they were booing Cucurella every time he came within 20ft of the ball last night.

by Anonymousreply 280July 10, 2024 7:28 PM

THREE LIONS ON THE SHIRT!

by Anonymousreply 281July 10, 2024 8:51 PM

Obviously it wasn’t a penalty but England have been cheated in so many other tournaments I’m sure it evens itself out.

Ollie Ollie Ollie!

by Anonymousreply 282July 10, 2024 8:56 PM

Has that idiot given Watkins any playing time till today?

I hate this. Love Villa, hate England.

by Anonymousreply 283July 10, 2024 8:57 PM

Incoming Southgate revisionism!

by Anonymousreply 284July 10, 2024 9:13 PM

Southgate's record:

2018: semi final (first time England reach a WC semi final since 1990)

2020: finalists (first time England make Euro finals, first time in a final since 1966, beaten on penalties)

2022: quarter finals

2024: FINALISTS BABY

by Anonymousreply 285July 10, 2024 9:23 PM

They'll lose the final. He'll ride Kane's bad back all the way.

by Anonymousreply 286July 10, 2024 9:29 PM

England doesn't have a snowball's chance of beating Spain, who will steamroll England's sludgy, overly cautious play. As they should.

How many of those cream pullovers did Southgate bring with him? He wears the same one every match.

by Anonymousreply 287July 10, 2024 10:37 PM

r287 England wasn't sludgy and over-cautious in the first third of today's game. They looked really dangerous... for a minute. And on the other hand. as someone said, it's possible Netherlands isn't very good.

by Anonymousreply 288July 10, 2024 11:06 PM

R287: I only saw the second half of today's match, and ENG looked like they have for the entire tournament -- "Let's just not lose and take our chances on penalty kicks." Kane looked like he wished he had an oxygen tank on the sideline. Spain for the win.

by Anonymousreply 289July 10, 2024 11:18 PM

I am rooting for England

by Anonymousreply 290July 11, 2024 4:26 AM

R289 well you missed the first half where England where absolutely relentless and proved that they have some worth in this competition after all.

by Anonymousreply 291July 11, 2024 7:23 AM

*were. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 292July 11, 2024 7:24 AM

[quote]England doesn't have a snowball's chance of beating Spain, who will steamroll England's sludgy, overly cautious play. As they should.

Spain beat Croatia comfortably, beat Italy by an own goal and Albania 1-0.

They beat Georgia comfortably, Germany at extra time and then France.

They’re playing more fluent and attacking football than England but still conceding goals.

Spain are the favourites but England are in their second consecutive final for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 293July 11, 2024 9:18 AM

The whole of Europe (minus Britain, of course) united behind Spain currently, it's funny but also heartwarming to see.

by Anonymousreply 294July 11, 2024 9:54 AM

Viva Espana!

Mas grande pelotas

by Anonymousreply 295July 11, 2024 10:01 AM

[quote]The whole of Europe (minus Britain, of course) united behind Spain currently, it's funny but also heartwarming to see.

Even Scotland and Wales, those famous England enthusiasts?

Ukraine are supporting England, a couple of journalists in Kiev say it’s home team atmosphere.

And what of the Portuguese? Are they backing Spain?

by Anonymousreply 296July 11, 2024 10:07 AM

This sums up the Scottish mentality.

Ollie Ollie Ollie Oy Oy Oy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297July 11, 2024 10:47 AM

r294 I somehow doubt Germany is given the way they went out and the atmosphere in the stadium on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 298July 11, 2024 10:52 AM

r297 Scotland on England must be the most one sided sporting rivalry in the world. I've never come across an England fan who gives 2 shits about the Scottish team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299July 11, 2024 10:59 AM

Yeah that meme is England Scotland personified. As long as Scottish folk have more passion for England losing than they do Scotland winning they will do fuck all in football.

As long as I've supported England the main hostility was towards Germany (the war, 1990) and Argentina (the Falklands, Maradona's handball, Beckham's red card) but Germany hate the Dutch more and Argentina hate Brazil more.

by Anonymousreply 300July 11, 2024 11:29 AM

[quote] Reporter: "Oliver Kahn said goalkeepers need an element of insanity - is he right?"

[quote] Jordan Pickford: "I don't know what insanity means."

He's a fascinating little creature is Pickford

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301July 11, 2024 11:48 AM

All you posters moaning about Scotland being ABE should take a look at "Jock cunt" Twitter after Scotland and England play. English fans are plenty nasty.

by Anonymousreply 302July 11, 2024 11:55 AM

[quote] after Scotland and England play

So? Shitting on each other after a match is fine. Making it your whole sporting personality for 90% of the year though comes across as whiny. I saw in Reddit there's a guy in Scotland whose been putting up the flag of whoever England is playing up on his house for the whole tournament meaning even while Scotland were still in he was more focused on being bitter on how well England were doing than Scotland crashing out.

by Anonymousreply 303July 11, 2024 12:15 PM

[quote]there's a guy in Scotland whose been putting up the flag of whoever England is playing up on his house for the whole tournament

I actually love the dedication to this level of trolling.

by Anonymousreply 304July 11, 2024 12:21 PM

[quote]there's a guy in Scotland whose been putting up the flag of whoever England is playing up on his house for the whole tournament

The superstitious will hope the embittered Caledonian continues his comical protest, as it's working so well for England.

by Anonymousreply 305July 11, 2024 12:54 PM

[quote]I saw in Reddit there's a guy in Scotland whose been putting up the flag of whoever England is playing up on his house for the whole tournament

So what? It's funny.

Half of this stuff is tongue in cheek anyway.

by Anonymousreply 306July 11, 2024 1:14 PM

Everything is personal for the English, they can't see the joke because of their toxic nationalism. They're just as bad as the Serbians in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 307July 11, 2024 1:17 PM

The police have a list of soccer hooligans

by Anonymousreply 308July 11, 2024 1:47 PM

r308 I'd hope so. That's kind of their job.

by Anonymousreply 309July 11, 2024 1:50 PM

I'm Scottish and don't have anything against the England team. Some of my family members support them because they're our neighbours, and did the same with Wales in the years they qualified.

That being said, I think Spain will win. They're the best team of the tournament. Germany was the second-best - shame those two met each other in the quarters.

by Anonymousreply 310July 11, 2024 8:55 PM

[quote]Everything is personal for the English, they can't see the joke because of their toxic nationalism. They're just as bad as the Serbians in that regard.

You're right - just over the last couple of weeks the French people have looked at their own country and thought "At least our nationalism isn't as bad as the toxic English".

And what of Spain's toxic nationalism where the racist abuse directed at black players is only just being dealt with. This story is from last month. And they're the country that torture and kill bulls in the street for fun.

No one is saying England is perfect but the idea their fans are any worse than other nations doesn't know a thing about football.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311July 11, 2024 9:41 PM

A woman on British TV who predicts the future by throwing asparagus - she’s an ‘Asparamancer’ - has predicted an England victory with a Spanish player sent off.

The asparagus spelt out E for England, not E for España.

by Anonymousreply 312July 12, 2024 4:55 PM

I'm so ready for the final!

by Anonymousreply 313July 14, 2024 3:56 PM

I think it'll be a goal-heavy final. 3-1 to Spain. Then again, I thought Italy would beat England comfortably in the last final and look how close it was in the end.

by Anonymousreply 314July 14, 2024 4:07 PM

We're singing for England

EN GER LAND

We're singing this song

We're singing for England

EN GER LAND

Hasta la vista, it's one on one

by Anonymousreply 315July 14, 2024 5:43 PM

2-1 to England. Just off to the pub now...

by Anonymousreply 316July 14, 2024 5:47 PM

For the first time ever I'm watching ITV

Lineker is unbearable and the combination of Neville, Keane and in particular Ian Wright are far more preferable.

by Anonymousreply 317July 14, 2024 5:51 PM

Keane is not there, it's Juan mata, who pings to me

by Anonymousreply 318July 14, 2024 6:02 PM

Read my post again R318!

by Anonymousreply 319July 14, 2024 6:08 PM

The lovely Jordan Henderson is in the crowd as a supporter.

It really does look like a home match for England with the number of England supporters in the stands. Hopefully it's harder to get cocaine in Berlin and we won't see similar scenes to the 2021 final.

by Anonymousreply 320July 14, 2024 6:33 PM

It's so good to have something to focus on that is not guns and conspiracies and partisan hate. (Well the Scots feelings about England is a little partisan hate, eh?)

Spanish men are the most handsome. Astonishing.

by Anonymousreply 321July 14, 2024 7:01 PM

Spain looking really good

by Anonymousreply 322July 14, 2024 7:44 PM

halftime 0-0

by Anonymousreply 323July 14, 2024 7:48 PM

COME ON ENGERLAND

by Anonymousreply 324July 14, 2024 7:56 PM

Not saying the two things are connected by Cole Palmer scored at the exact time I finished my first glass of San Miguel.

I will make sure my second glass is finished in an appropriate manner.

by Anonymousreply 325July 14, 2024 8:35 PM

[quote]Hopefully it's harder to get cocaine in Berlin

The English will manage to find it if it's there.

by Anonymousreply 326July 14, 2024 8:40 PM

What about David Seaman. He pinged the way he fist pumped the air when they scored. Slay.

by Anonymousreply 327July 14, 2024 8:41 PM

Spain, the better team the whole tournament. The better team today.

by Anonymousreply 328July 14, 2024 8:57 PM

Oh well, not coming home for another 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 329July 14, 2024 9:01 PM

Big day for Spanish sport with Carlos’s win at Wimbledon too.

by Anonymousreply 330July 14, 2024 9:05 PM

Spain over England, just like the last Women's World Cup... now which player is getting kissed inappropriately on live TV?

by Anonymousreply 331July 14, 2024 9:16 PM

Spain beat Italy, Croatia, Germany, France and England.

by Anonymousreply 332July 14, 2024 9:40 PM

Let me see whether this works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333July 14, 2024 10:07 PM

If I were still in Spain, I would be able to hear the car horns honking from my beloved (rented) top floor AndalucĂ­an terrace. I can just imagine it. Whenever they win a major futbol championship they honk their car horns late into the night.

by Anonymousreply 334July 14, 2024 10:14 PM

R320 Lovely Jordan Henderson??

He's a hypocrite scumbag who was posing as a straight ally and ended up playing for a Saudi team.

R318 Gosh, I thought I was the only one who felt tons of closeted vibes from him. As far as I know, he's been married to some chick for years but never had children.

Who from the Spain NT ping to y'all?

by Anonymousreply 335July 15, 2024 1:15 AM

Jordan Henderson has a few kids. pretty sure about this. He went to saudi for $$$. big surprise.

by Anonymousreply 336July 15, 2024 1:22 AM

Spain has so many hotties on their team. I live Gavi in particular. I don't know why, but Spainish men are gorgeous. I must make another trip to Spain, lol.

by Anonymousreply 337July 15, 2024 6:45 AM

This is cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338July 15, 2024 6:46 AM

[Quote]Who from the Spain NT ping to y'all?

Nobody, I don't think. Then again my gaydar is a mess. It doesn't really work on Spaniah guys.

by Anonymousreply 339July 15, 2024 6:50 AM

UK here. I’m glad it’s all over. People will have to talk about other things.

by Anonymousreply 340July 15, 2024 9:24 AM

Oh please R340, Wales and Scotland will be celebrating for a month.

by Anonymousreply 341July 15, 2024 10:29 AM

It’s a brave politician to tweet this image a week after your party lost 80% of its members of parliament.

It’s already being photoshopped into pictures of his colleagues crying at their losses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342July 15, 2024 11:13 AM

Shame to see Flynn take the Farage-Trump route into sneering juvenile mockery. But we've seen with the former two where that approach can eventually lead.

by Anonymousreply 343July 15, 2024 11:29 AM

[Quote]Spanish men are the most handsome. Astonishing.

They really are. All the more reason to visit Spain. It's a great country. It has a wonderful climate, great beaches, nice food and gorgeous men. It's very gay friendly too.

by Anonymousreply 344July 15, 2024 5:34 PM

R339 R344 There is something interesting about Spanish men (for the most part all of Spain, though Galician men are a different breed). Machismo, hyper-masculinity is obviously a thing, but there is also a "softness", a gentleness that can be mistaken as gay. Although, as a modern culture, Spain is one of the most gay-accepting countries. But mostly for "obvious or even fem gay men"... (lesbians are good to go). You can get mixed signals from some other straight men... or perhaps, the mixing up of signals is on my part. Friendly, smiling, affectionate, hugging, sloppy and funny loose-moraled drunk..."oh wait, you don't want me to fuck you? Oh, my bad!"

by Anonymousreply 345July 15, 2024 5:44 PM

R336: "Little Bo Peep" said it best -

[quote]Leave them alone, and they'll come home, Bringing their tails behind them.

by Anonymousreply 346July 15, 2024 5:50 PM

[quote]It’s a brave politician to tweet this image a week after your party lost 80% of its members of parliament.

While wearing the worst Scotland shirt in recent memory.

by Anonymousreply 347July 16, 2024 10:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!