Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasmin Archer

Remember her one hit with “Sleeping Satellite”. Great song and different than what was on the radio at the time. Her album, Great Expectations, was not was I was expecting. The songs were all over the place in terms of style. What are your thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2024 7:00 AM

I don't know the album, but I loved this when it was released; don't think I'd heard it since.

It reminds me of my brother - he's a 'tard (genuinely) - and he thought she was singing about the *seats* still being dry, rather than the *seas*.

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2024 2:45 AM

I always think of this in a cluster of three with Des'ree "You Gotta Be" and Dionne Farris' "I Know."

by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2024 2:50 AM

I was just listening to this yesterday, after 15 years of not hearing it. Weird to see it brought up here.

by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2024 3:32 AM

Wasn't it used a lot as background music for different things? It has an ethereal sound to me.

by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2024 5:29 AM

Steeltown is the best song on that record. The only reason I even know it is because my roommate gave me the CD during our first year in college. The CD is long gone, and that's the only song that survives in my music library from her.

It's a great song, everyone should check it out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2024 7:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!