Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Steven Spielberg casts Emily Blunt in next movie

Big maybe

But this MAY be a sequel to E.T. The Extraterrestrial.

In which case Blunt seems the right qualities for Spielberg’s “mom” roles (Melinda Dillion, Dee Wallace, Michelle Williams.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 13, 2024 10:45 PM

The reason I think it’s E.T. is that Universal started making upgrades to the ET Adventure in Orlando, an opening day attraction that otherwise should be shut down due to aged technology and poor cultural relevance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 13, 2024 7:13 PM

Does she have access to children or something?

by Anonymousreply 2June 13, 2024 7:13 PM

It’s DOOMED!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3June 13, 2024 7:14 PM

That poster who can't stand her is gonna lose his shit, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 13, 2024 7:15 PM

r3 Jinxies! 😘

by Anonymousreply 5June 13, 2024 7:15 PM

She'll play ET, she has the face for it.

by Anonymousreply 6June 13, 2024 7:17 PM

The other thing that Universal did is they just rolled out a new line of ET hats. A lot of attention suddenly being paid to ET.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 13, 2024 7:20 PM

Gorgeous, talented, successful. Wife, mother, international inspiration. She truly has it all!

Bravo, Emily 🥂.

by Anonymousreply 8June 13, 2024 7:22 PM

Steven Spielberg has said many times he would never make a sequel to ET.

However, in 2019 he allowed Comcast to make a reunion commercial with Henry Thomas to shill their portfolio of companies.

The fact that Spielberg and Universal have been extremely quiet about the film other than acknowledging it’s about “UFOs” while refurbishing the attraction and creating new merchandise makes it very hard to believe this isn’t going to be ET.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 13, 2024 7:30 PM

I keep confusing Henry Thomas and James Fleet.

by Anonymousreply 10June 13, 2024 7:45 PM

Also note the prime release date

Spielberg’s films have tended to open in the fall and Christmas in his autumnal stage

They are anticipating a big movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 13, 2024 7:49 PM

The primary reason for Spielberg making a sequel however would be the collapse of theatrical moviegoing

Those that remember ET best - those between the ages of 60 and 40 - are the ones who have abandoned theater going.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 13, 2024 8:05 PM

But I would also point out if it is ET, it will be a much darker film, as he choose David Koepp, the writer of Jurassic Park and War of the Worlds (and, oddly, two gay classics, Apartment Zero and Death Becomes Her.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 13, 2024 8:11 PM

Ugh! American Jews and their Anglophilia.

I'm glad the Left is turning against Jews.

They need to be run out of Hollywood.

American Jews are so un-American.

by Anonymousreply 14June 13, 2024 8:13 PM

If it's E.T., it's too bad Melissa Mathison passed away. She was the original screenwriter.

by Anonymousreply 15June 13, 2024 8:18 PM

I was trying to get home one night but got lost with no transportation. I was crying into a bag of Reese’s Pieces when who should stop by and check on me but Dame Emily Blunt! I explained my situation and without a beat, she grabbed her BMX bike, told me to sit in the front basket, and…this is the weird part…the damned bike starting flying! We whisked by a full moon and she safely took me to my cul-de-sac in a non-descript California suburban neighborhood and flew away. “Turn on your heartlight!” she yelled as disappeared into the night sky. I never did figure out what the fuck a heartlight is…

by Anonymousreply 16June 13, 2024 8:20 PM

Wake me when Glen Powell parachutes into his backyard holding his vintage E.T. lunchbox in one hand, and his demo reel in the other.

by Anonymousreply 17June 13, 2024 8:21 PM

She’s quite talented but equally overexposed.

by Anonymousreply 18June 13, 2024 8:30 PM

He always plays it safe. And boring. He especially likes children of celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 19June 13, 2024 8:37 PM

She's only good when she plays a cold, snarky bitch. In roles where she has to show an ounce of warmth, she's far from believable.

by Anonymousreply 20June 13, 2024 9:45 PM

Hollywood has a hard time looking inward and making change. They damn well know audiences don't like her. She's not talented, not pretty, certainly isn't opening any movies, and is a cold bitch.

by Anonymousreply 21June 13, 2024 10:15 PM

The I Hate Emily Blunt Troll has made her entrance. Much like Pavlov’s Dog.

And like the strong, obese woman she is, she will NOT let this go unchecked!

by Anonymousreply 22June 13, 2024 10:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!