Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Microplastics found in every human semen sample tested in study

Grim.

[quote]The 40 semen samples were from healthy men undergoing premarital health assessments in Jinan, China. Another recent study found microplastics in the semen of six out of 10 healthy young men in Italy, and another study in China found the pollutants in half of 25 samples.

[quote]Sperm counts in men have been falling for decades and 40% of low counts remain unexplained, although chemical pollution has been implicated by many studies. Recent studies in mice have reported that microplastics reduced sperm count and caused abnormalities and hormone disruption.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 11, 2024 4:33 PM

That’s pretty crazy, if you imagine sex ed and how you’re taught sperm exits your body. That plastic made quite a journey.

by Anonymousreply 1June 11, 2024 5:30 AM

That explains the taste.

by Anonymousreply 2June 11, 2024 5:43 AM

And they laughed at me about Morgellons!

by Anonymousreply 3June 11, 2024 5:45 AM

“Chinese scientists”. 😂

by Anonymousreply 4June 11, 2024 6:11 AM

is paint to blame? how much acrylic paint goes down the drain at the end of your average art class? that's all plastic, but now in a liquid form. I'm sure anything involving plastic-based paints, especially when used for large industrustrial jobs, contributes to microplastic in all of our cum.

by Anonymousreply 5June 11, 2024 9:48 AM

r4 This research article was published in one of the top journals in the field of environmental science, and Chinese researchers are pretty strong in natural sciences. If you're not even remotely familiar with the current state of scientific publishing, it's probably best not to comment, or you'll just embarrass yourself.

[quote]is paint to blame?

There is so much more microplastic in the everyday items we use, like shampoo and face creams. Whenever you see "carbomer, glycol, polyquaternium, polyacrylate, PEG, poloxamer..." or something similar on the ingredients list, that's a microplastic. It's even in some toothpaste, for some reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 11, 2024 10:20 AM

Explains why I don’t blow Italian or Chinese guys

by Anonymousreply 7June 11, 2024 11:49 AM

Italians have the best dicks. Your loss. I’ll happily take a bit of plastic for fat Italian sausage and big balls! 🤤

by Anonymousreply 8June 11, 2024 11:51 AM

[quote] Chinese researchers are pretty strong in natural sciences.

Yeah, they’re also pretty strong is starting a pandemic. They’re commies. They’re not to be trusted under any circumstance.

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2024 11:52 AM

These materials and “forever chemicals” are getting ahead of our ability to protect humans from their impact. I’m glad I’m not young right now. At 59, I grew up and had my adult life in a timeframe where I could do and earn more than this next generation will be able to (or at least most of them).

We really did fuck things up with our appetite for “slick and quick” fashions, foods, technologies. We are pretty estranged from basic ideas related to consumption, conservation, systems thinking. I feel bad for so many younger “black box thinkers” who don’t know how to fix anything but instead are programmed to throw things away and buy more crap.

by Anonymousreply 10June 11, 2024 12:04 PM

They can't just spit that out?

by Anonymousreply 11June 11, 2024 12:14 PM

R7 - why are yo worried about sperm count?

by Anonymousreply 12June 11, 2024 12:16 PM

Did the Chinese remember to take the condoms off?

by Anonymousreply 13June 11, 2024 12:22 PM

Is this why every young family now seems to have at least one child on the spectrum?

by Anonymousreply 14June 11, 2024 12:26 PM

R14 I think it’s fair to wonder about neurobehavioral impacts of environmental toxins, particularly prenatal exposure to certain compounds like polybisphenolic coatings on sales slips. The coating on sales receipts is said to pass through your skin into your bloodstream. CVS typically spools out three feet of sales receipt (“$1 off your next purchase of $35 razor blades”).

by Anonymousreply 15June 11, 2024 12:42 PM

Avoid plastic water bottles.

by Anonymousreply 16June 11, 2024 12:43 PM

R6 what do want people to do? If you stop using plastics, it won't make it go away, it's never going away. I get tired of hearing the whining, there is NOTHING to be done now.

It's just like recycling, I hear north Texas is still "recycling" except it really goes to the landfill, recycler and landfill is one entity, you know what happens.

by Anonymousreply 17June 11, 2024 4:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!