Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Young people are headed to Bentonville, Arkansas

Median income, $99,000.

Would you move there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 11, 2024 12:26 PM

Home of Wal-Mart HQ!

by Anonymousreply 1June 11, 2024 3:22 AM

Ha! I read the title as “Young people are beheaded in Bentonville, Arkansas.”

by Anonymousreply 2June 11, 2024 3:26 AM

It's a cute, trendy town but still Trump country. The traffic sucks, similar to Branson and Pigeon Forge. Town blew up but city streets were not meant for so much traffic. Beautiful bike trails, really good coffee and some cute restaurants and a great museum but I wouldn't want to live there.

by Anonymousreply 3June 11, 2024 3:26 AM

That chef must be making a killing.

He's the only high-end restaurant in town.

by Anonymousreply 4June 11, 2024 3:29 AM

They just had a layoff at their bay area office and told a lot of their employees that they either have to move to Bentonville or take a package

by Anonymousreply 5June 11, 2024 4:00 AM

Also in Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 6June 11, 2024 4:24 AM

Check out home prices on Zillow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 11, 2024 4:32 AM

Making a silk purse out of a sow's ear.......... Still a hard NO! Its Arkansas.....

by Anonymousreply 8June 11, 2024 4:40 AM

I'm sure it's because of Governor Huckabeasts pro-Christian Nationalist policies.

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2024 5:07 AM

Hot Springs has more action, kids!

by Anonymousreply 10June 11, 2024 5:12 AM

Not to far from there is Eureka Springs, which is gay friendly and has multiple pride events.

by Anonymousreply 11June 11, 2024 5:28 AM

Too* oh, dear

by Anonymousreply 12June 11, 2024 5:28 AM

Another MAGA Hellscape. Fuck no!

by Anonymousreply 13June 11, 2024 5:38 AM

Well, after all, there's a little town called Hope.

Remember?

by Anonymousreply 14June 11, 2024 7:25 AM

Arkansas is a beautiful state, unless you're allergic to pine pollen.

by Anonymousreply 15June 11, 2024 8:07 AM

It's fucking humid. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 16June 11, 2024 8:15 AM

How is the queer club scene?

by Anonymousreply 17June 11, 2024 9:45 AM

Was there 25+ years ago. Never, ever would have imagined it might be a sought-after location. As I recall--surprise!--Arkansas is not gay friendly. Or Yankee-friendly. Or Catholic friendly. Or Jewish-friendly. You get where I'm going with this.

Maybe it has changed culturally. Hope so.

by Anonymousreply 18June 11, 2024 9:54 AM

It’s a one industry town. No one goes there unless they work for Wal-Mart corporate or something tangential to it,

by Anonymousreply 19June 11, 2024 10:13 AM

R7, that house a good price to pay to rent it out to 2 couples or a small family. No need to decorate much, just a paint job and cheap carpet.

by Anonymousreply 20June 11, 2024 10:56 AM

About 10 years ago I had to go on a business trip to Bentonville.

WM was one of our biggest clients so I couldn’t get out of it.

The second I arrived I thought I was in Stepford. What a fucking creepy town. Almost every woman I came across, including some WM execs had the same Duggar hairstyle.

Everything had the WM name. WM gas station, WM diner, WM this, WM that. It was the epitome of the company town.

Now, due to their shitty labor practices I have never stepped foot in a WM. I was forced to work with them but I didn’t have to support the business as a customer. And I wasn't then and I’m not now about to change.

So of course after the meeting I was invited to tour the flagship store.

I begged off and claimed a migraine. Went back to the hotel and flew home the next day.

Never again.

by Anonymousreply 21June 11, 2024 12:00 PM

Is that the town that HGTV's Dave and Jenny Marr keep trying to make happen?

by Anonymousreply 22June 11, 2024 12:10 PM

Thanks to the Huckabeast and her patron, Tyson Foods, you can put your children to work full time as young as 10 in Arkansas.

Who said this wasn't a progressive state?

by Anonymousreply 23June 11, 2024 12:16 PM

My best friend just moved to Fayetteville right near here and loves it. I'm visiting next month with an eye to perhaps relocating there too.

by Anonymousreply 24June 11, 2024 12:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!