Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Best starring performance in The Crown

Who do you think gave the best starring performance in The Crown?

I'm including all the Elizabeths II, all the Margarets, the first two Philips (because no one will vote for Jonathan Pryce), both Charleses, and both Dianas.

I'm leaving off the prime ministers because they were in supporting roles. Same with Erin Doherty who was so great as Anne, but was only in a supporting role.

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2024 3:19 AM

I fucked this up by mistake. Sorry. I'll do a second poll.

by Anonymousreply 1June 11, 2024 12:43 AM

Didn't watch it. Can't gather any interest in the modern royals. They were only interesting in fabulous period clothing and killing rivals, lopping off heads, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2June 11, 2024 12:48 AM

My absolute favorite moment, out of all the years (and I still haven’t seen the last two years) is that “Shit Just Got Real” scene where Queen Mary of Teck, is that her? Lillibets’ grandma? curtsies to her, just barely but she does it.

Elizabeth just looks like OMG 😳 😱

by Anonymousreply 3June 11, 2024 1:05 AM

The show was overwhelming well cast. I didn't see a weak link in any of the main characters.

by Anonymousreply 4June 11, 2024 1:48 AM

I picked Matt Smith simply because he looked so much like Phillip.

by Anonymousreply 5June 11, 2024 1:48 AM

Olivia Colman was the best Queen and had by far the best season (4).

by Anonymousreply 6June 11, 2024 1:53 AM

Claire Foy was amazing. Took Elizabeth from pre-marriage thru 10+ years of her reign.

by Anonymousreply 7June 11, 2024 3:08 AM

Claire Foy was the best Elizabeth. Tobias Menzies was the best Philip. Helena Bonham Carter was the best Margaret.

All of the actors who played those roles were very good. Staunton, Pryce and Manville were unfortunately limited by a decline in the show’s quality.

by Anonymousreply 8June 11, 2024 3:18 AM

Claire Foy is excellent. Watch her in Wolf Hall for another fantastic period piece. She portrays Anne Boleyn.

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2024 3:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!