Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Advice needed from anonymous gay hateful people please ( you are my tribe)

I have an elderly relative who moved to a smaller apartment. She is a hoarder but we got her to pair down. Her approx 1300 sq foot house was stuffed to the gills. We moved her, furnished her place, donated about 100 boxes of stuff to charity and there are still some items left int he house and the house needs some work. The good thing is it is in a great location so a good flip for someone. Anyone have any experience with as-is sales of homes and how do we go about it? Does you need a realtor who specializes in as-is or will any realtor do? Thank you evil dooers in advance! Hail Hydra!

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2024 3:55 AM

[quote] there are still some items left int he house and the house needs some work.

I would remove *all* of the items that your elderly relative (hoarder) left in the house. Come on. You don't have to repair and stage it, but at least do that.

If the yard is a mess, I'd clear that out, as well.

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2024 8:57 PM

Where ia this house, OP? Suburbs? Rural?

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2024 10:50 PM

[quote]She is a hoarder but we got her to pair down.

You want hateful? How's this for hateful?

It's [bold]PARE[/bold] down, you idiot!

I swear, nobody under 50 in this country has ever cracked a book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2024 11:57 PM

r3 ILY.

by Anonymousreply 4June 11, 2024 2:03 AM

House is in a desirable area. I would pay for 1 800 got junk to take away the rest but she has to approve of ever fucking item and it takes her days to make a decision. This has been a year long process AFTER she moved out.

by Anonymousreply 5June 11, 2024 2:05 AM

This is a case of it’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Marie Kondo that shit.

by Anonymousreply 6June 11, 2024 2:45 AM

Don't think you need to call a we buy ugly houses kind of wholesaler to sell it for you. Find a great agent that will handle all the details. If you place the house in the MLS it will be advertised to all and you are sure to get the right exposure for the highest sales price. I sold one recently as-is and got more than I would have if I sold to a wholesaler or by owner.

by Anonymousreply 7June 11, 2024 2:59 AM

Ugh, no offense, OP, but I hate hoarders and gambling addicts. Hopefully, having lived without that crap for one fucking year, she can let go. I would definitely be TEMPTED to Marie Kondo without permission.

by Anonymousreply 8June 11, 2024 3:42 AM

Paint everything white.

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2024 3:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!