Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Donald Trump calls out Gen. John Kelly as a liar

"[Kelly] ... said ... that I called dead American Soldiers, 'losers and suckers.' Who would ever say such a thing? Only a sicko with an axe to grind would suggest that anyone would make such a statement."

Who would say such a thing?! How about the same guy who said the captured Marine John McCain was no hero.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 12, 2024 6:12 AM

It's really a sad state of affairs when most Americans will be siding with the pathological liar on this one (and many others issues).

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2024 3:52 PM

I don’t care if he really said it or not. The Dems and their groups need to constantly run those ads with John Kelly claiming he said it. These rightwingers lie about President Biden all day and night. This election is a war and anything goes. We’ll worry about the truth on November 6th.

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2024 3:54 PM

It is a fact that he did not go to the cemetery. It was raining.

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2024 3:54 PM

He is a draft dodger.

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2024 3:55 PM

Oh look. Another Trump thread.

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2024 3:55 PM

Except that there's voluminous video evidence of Trump disrespecting, dismissing and dishonoring veterans and their families. There's the well-known story in which he refused to get out of the presidential limo at the commemoration of D-day because it was raining and would muss his hair. And I don't think there's a person alive who doesn't recall what he said about McCain.

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2024 3:56 PM

No, they really won't r1. On this one, most Americans know Trump is a cunt who has only ever given a shit about himself and absolutely despises almost everyone else as losers whose only function in life is to love and worship Trump, and of course give him money.

And r2, of course he said. What in the entire history of Trump would make anybody think he wouldn't say it?

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2024 3:56 PM

It is interesting that he's disputing Kelly's comment now when Kelly said it years ago. What's changed? Other than being a convicted felon.

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2024 3:58 PM

trump also denies he said “lock her up”.

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2024 3:59 PM

And at the end of the day, who are we going to believe? The guy who has more integrity in his fingernail clippings than the guy who has lied about everything his entire life?

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2024 4:01 PM

Just listened to a caller on Sirius extolling Trump's superior "character" because you always know where you stand with him.

by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2024 4:02 PM

Polls would indicate otherwise, R10.

Articles I've seen lately show blacks and young people flocking to Trump. For what reasons I have no idea.

But if current trends continue' Trump will be president again (God help us all).

by Anonymousreply 12June 10, 2024 4:05 PM

John Kelly should take a liar detection test and publish the results publicly. Then challenge the Orange shit-rat to do the same thing. He won't of course because he's a flaming coward. Those who give a shit about evidence will be convinced. No sense trying to convince MAGA, their brains are shrivelled up feces at this point.

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2024 4:08 PM

And then there was that soldier that was killed in Yemen (I think, I could have the country wrong) and they tried to get Dump to comfort the wife. Dump said "Well, he knew what he signed up for."

Zero empathy from this sociopathic POS. He looks down on people who served our country as suckers and losers. And now he just lies and denies. And his cult believes him. We live in interesting times.

by Anonymousreply 14June 10, 2024 4:11 PM

Takes one to know one.

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2024 4:11 PM

Of course he said it, but John Kelly, whose son died in action, should have decked him right there instead of waiting years to write it in a book. John Kelly, I don't want to say you're a coward, but if there ever was a proper hill to die on defending your fallen son's honor this was the one to do it on

by Anonymousreply 16June 10, 2024 4:12 PM

Donald Trump, who has a long history of lying and showing contempt for veterans and anybody who has ever sacrificed anything for anything, denies that he ever called soldier losers and suckers. John Kelly maintains that yes, the lying grifter did in fact say that.

What to believe. What to believe. Tis a dilemma.

by Anonymousreply 17June 10, 2024 4:17 PM

I seem to remember Trump going off about this guy as well.

Link is free.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 10, 2024 4:25 PM

Sept. 2020. The Atlantic article, portions of which have been corroborated by the Associated Press, the Washington Post, and Fox News, also reported that when Trump aborted a visit to another World War I cemetery, blaming the weather, he remarked, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In addition, Trump reportedly said that the presence of maimed U.S. veterans would upset spectators at a military parade, commenting, “Nobody wants to see that.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 10, 2024 4:29 PM

Ever notice Trump never mentions that his brother Fred Trump Jr served in the Air National Guard? Fred was in ROTC throughout college and entered Air National Guard as a second lieutenant. Fred always wanted to fly planes and he learned how to fly in USAFNG. He became an airline pilot, which Fred Sr and Donald compared to being a chauffeur or bus driver.

Trump is not proud that his brother served in the US military.

by Anonymousreply 20June 10, 2024 4:31 PM

R12, your defeatism is not only premature but wildly exaggerated. In the most recent poll, Biden is now ahead 50-49 in the battleground states, with Trump ahead 50-49 nationally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 10, 2024 4:55 PM

[quote] Those who give a shit about evidence will be convinced.

Anyone who is not MAGA already knows whom to believe in a dispute between an admired general and a pathological liar.

by Anonymousreply 22June 10, 2024 5:06 PM

[quote]I don’t care if he really said it or not. The Dems and their groups need to constantly run those ads with John Kelly claiming he said it. These rightwingers lie about President Biden all day and night. This election is a war and anything goes. We’ll worry about the truth on November 6th.

I'm with R2!

by Anonymousreply 23June 10, 2024 7:31 PM

Convicted felon with bone spurs reporting for duty, sir!

by Anonymousreply 24June 10, 2024 7:32 PM

Being tied with a demented criminal who says he want to be a dictator is cause for alarm.

by Anonymousreply 25June 10, 2024 7:53 PM

Dump avoided military service because there might have been group showers. Others would've seen his puny mushroom cocklet! 🍄

by Anonymousreply 26June 10, 2024 8:32 PM

[QUOTE] It is interesting that he's disputing Kelly's comment now when Kelly said it years ago. What's changed? Other than being a convicted felon.

This is what changed, R8. We’re running attack ads about it and Trump’s in a huff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 10, 2024 8:33 PM

He has a long record of saying similar things about veterans for years. This is not a one time incident. Consider his history.

by Anonymousreply 28June 10, 2024 8:57 PM

He can add this to his rally standup routine. Along with windmills and water pressure. He never forgets a slight, and will often try to besmirch the accuser with a similar accusation (pussygrabbing = Tara Reade, etc ).

by Anonymousreply 29June 10, 2024 9:01 PM

Who you gonna believe? Convicted felon donald trump or Gen. John Kelly? Hmmm?

I thought so.

by Anonymousreply 30June 10, 2024 9:43 PM

A narcissist taking a lie detector test? Right. They believe their own lies. Their false reality is the only reality to them. Everyone else is at fault, never them. They are always the victim. Orange Jesus would pass any lie detector test just fine.

There have to be nearly a hundred incidents of him besmirching our military and veterans, on video. More people had to hear him behind the scenes. All of this together, yet who would say: all of it, ALL OF THE EVIDENCE, are lies and the one known liar is telling the truth?

Only a moron would think that. A deluded moron who has no regard for our military or veterans. Because if they did cared about our military or veterans, they would not want a scum such as him to be their commander-in-chief.

by Anonymousreply 31June 10, 2024 9:43 PM

Note how artfully he poses the question — “Who would say such a thing?” or “Only a sicko or psycho would say such a thing!”

But he doesn’t deny saying, just asks the self-revealing question or statement. Crazy fuck.

by Anonymousreply 32June 10, 2024 9:47 PM

Juar like Bill Barr, Kelly will still vote for Trump over communist Biden, so why are you cunts lionizing Kelly?

by Anonymousreply 33June 10, 2024 11:21 PM

R33, Kelly has called Trump the most damaged person he ever met & that he's more evil than any terrorist he encountered on the battlefield. I seriously doubt he's voting for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 34June 10, 2024 11:31 PM

The problem for Kelly and others like him from the Trump administration is that they definitely fit the bill of being disgruntled former employees. It would have more impact coming from someone who left on good terms. Kelly probably should have stayed as Secretary of DHS.

by Anonymousreply 35June 11, 2024 12:03 AM

The people who left on good terms are now working somewhere in the GOP orbit. Their jobs and all future political prospects would be strangled by the MAGA squid which has its tentacles tightly wrapped around the Republican Party.

by Anonymousreply 36June 11, 2024 1:18 AM

[quote] The people who left on good terms are now working somewhere in the GOP orbit.

That definitely doesn't describe Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 37June 11, 2024 1:23 AM

He just can't let any criticism ever go unremarked. Except the drugs, pantshitting and Ivanka fucking. He's uncharacteristically silent on those

by Anonymousreply 38June 11, 2024 1:39 AM

[quote]Polls would indicate otherwise, [R10].

The polling since 34's conviction has shifted. It's trending toward Biden. Particularly, and importantly, in the battleground states.

[quote]Articles I've seen lately show blacks and young people flocking to Trump. For what reasons I have no idea.

Question those articles. We know the usual suspects are out there flooding the zone with misinformation, obfuscation and outright lies. Again, polling has shifted and the two groups you mentioned are now leaning Biden.

[quote]But if current trends continue' Trump will be president again

The good news is that if the post-34-conviction trends continue, Biden will be president again. But this is not assured, and we must still act like we're 10 points down and get ready for the fight of our lives.

[quote](God help us all).

Indeed.

by Anonymousreply 39June 11, 2024 2:09 AM

I remember when John Kelly as his COS and saw video of him while Trump was making a speech. He was cringing.

by Anonymousreply 40June 11, 2024 2:17 AM

Does Trump now get that deplorables alone aren’t going to get him to the White House and is backtracking on his worst takes since 2015-2106? First the libertarians, now the vets and military families? Too little too late.

by Anonymousreply 41June 11, 2024 2:53 AM

Trump has a very sick mind. I'm counting on my fellow Americans to notice and vote appropriately.

by Anonymousreply 42June 11, 2024 3:06 AM

Trump is gonna lose. He now is a politician. He can't act like this is 2016 and he doesn't know what the fuck is going on. The fat turd has a political record and can't hide behind trying to be a blond airhead. This is different. Black people loathe him. White, young, suburban women loathe him because of Roe. Independents are turned off by his felony convictions.

by Anonymousreply 43June 11, 2024 3:06 AM

After all his mocking of how infirm Biden is, it would be ironic if he succumbed to injuries sustained while falling off a stage or tumbling down airplane steps (with toilet paper on his shoe). That's the only thing that's going to stop Trump.

by Anonymousreply 44June 11, 2024 3:07 AM

Joe is sane, Trump is not. The End.

by Anonymousreply 45June 11, 2024 3:15 AM

^ And they're both old, so that argument is pointless. New slogan, "I'm ridin' with the sane guy"

by Anonymousreply 46June 11, 2024 3:36 AM

Trump is a danger to our democracy. If you wanna know what ppl will do in the future, just look at their past.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 11, 2024 3:47 AM

Flynn and Eric Prince are amassing an army of retarded rejects on X Spaces and via the "ReAwaken America" tour. When Orange Jesus loses, they are planning to attack specific locations. They have a "kill list" Flynn and associates tweet about frequently.

The DOJ and FBI has done nothing about them. Flynn threatened Obama on X last week, nothing was done.

I worry more about those freaks than Trump winning. Trump can't win without cheating, obviously. He knows it, his advisors and enablers know it, even a lot of his supporters know it ("It isn't cheating if you don't get caught!"/"It's not cheating if we did it before the Democrats thought of it!").

by Anonymousreply 48June 11, 2024 12:39 PM

Fortunately for us, those retarded rejects don't know they're retarded rejects and will go out and do the same things that got their fore brethren indicted and convicted, many of whom sit in jail today. Steve Bannon said at the beginning of Trump's term that we need to cull about 20% of the population, and he's right. This is a good first step.

by Anonymousreply 49June 12, 2024 4:49 AM

He DID say it.

by Anonymousreply 50June 12, 2024 6:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!