Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lying European trash

Apparently, Philadelphia cream cheese is all over Italy and Europe, with all the additives and gums etc intact, THEY WANT THE ALL THE ADDITIVES, Europeans lie like trump, in Italy it is just called Philadelphia! Nothing else. Look up Philadelphia cream cheese in Europe. The label is the same. This cunt told everything but it's all over Europe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 11, 2024 11:50 PM

I'm looking at my label in the EU now and it's full fat soft cheese, guar gum, citric acid and that's it. Also, the milk is pasteurized and compliant with EU rules.

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2024 3:34 PM

OP, your issues extend well beyond cream cheese marketing and the product's ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2024 3:35 PM

There’s nothing I’d rather do than smear the city of Philadelphia all over my bagel!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2024 3:40 PM

My secret eating behavior:

Ritz Cracker with cream cheese and a little glob of strawberry jelly.

I make a plateful on quiet Sunday afternoons and watch Law & Order reruns.

No idea where it started, but it has to be Philadelphia cream cheese....the solid kind. Not that whipped shit.

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2024 3:40 PM

Elaine cooked hamburger with cream cheese for Mike Nichols when they first met, and he said that's how she won his heart. At least that's what the Elaine May biography I'm reading right now says.

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2024 3:43 PM

I remember reading they only have whipped cream cheese over there, which makes American cheese cake recipes useless for them.

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2024 3:46 PM

I regularly eat Philly cream cheese on bagels and toasted English muffins. Also love cream cheese and sliced English cucumber sandwiches. It cream cheese on toast was my favorite childhood snack.

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2024 3:53 PM

I don't think what I get in my locale is whipped, but I can only get it in plastic containers. I bake with it by weight and it seems fine.

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2024 3:54 PM

Well at least you made it a Trump thread in your post. We didn't have to wait until the ninth post to squeeze the name in there. Are you like that in person?

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2024 3:56 PM

I can never get enough cream cheese. I’ve been on a salmon and bagel binge lately and I slather it with cream cheese, Atlantic salmon and butter. Hate away but that’s how I like it…

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2024 4:02 PM

They have both whipped and regular, this is the Italian label with several additives which Europeans say they do not have, liars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2024 4:22 PM

Spain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 10, 2024 4:24 PM

I assume it's labelled "Philadelphia" not "Philadelphia Cream Cheese" because cream cheese has different meanings (or no meaning) varying by country. In many European countries and in the UK the minimum fat content must be higher to carry that description.

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2024 4:32 PM

Philadelphia cheese (that's just a brand name) is really a big thing in Italy. It also comes in packages that are pre-portioned which is handy if you use just a little for cooking or on your bread, whatever. Alternative: Kiri (The brand name is a phonetic thing and originated from French for laughing cow - La vache qui rit.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 10, 2024 4:43 PM

Gripping update, r7

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2024 4:57 PM

R1 is that fake British label? Did anyone see the video where they turned a tanker ship of rapeseed oil/canola oil into olive oil?

Yes stupid Americans can't say RAPESEED, it's offensive to them, mostly the cunts I assume, you know the CHILDREN, I hope they get raped.

by Anonymousreply 16June 10, 2024 5:25 PM

[QUOTE]Atlantic salmon

I thought commercial and recreational salmon fishing is banned in the Atlantic.

by Anonymousreply 17June 10, 2024 5:56 PM

Oh great, another cream cheese thread!

by Anonymousreply 18June 10, 2024 6:17 PM

I like you, R4. I may need to develop a secret, too.

by Anonymousreply 19June 10, 2024 6:28 PM

Why do you have to be secret about eating cream cheese and jelly on a Ritz cracker?

by Anonymousreply 20June 10, 2024 6:49 PM

A brand name product has a slightly different formulation in a different country!

by Anonymousreply 21June 10, 2024 7:12 PM

R17, there are huge salmon farms in the Atlantic which supply the majority of salmon consumed around the world.

by Anonymousreply 22June 10, 2024 7:14 PM

R6 since cheesecake is made with ricotta, the Italians are all good on that point.

by Anonymousreply 23June 10, 2024 7:18 PM

OP, you’re exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 24June 10, 2024 7:47 PM

Italians can digest cow milk as a rule. They shouldn’t be eating it to begin with unless they want tummy trouble.

by Anonymousreply 25June 10, 2024 7:49 PM

This is the ingredient list of the Philadelphia sold in Italy:

Pasteurised milk, Milk cream, salt, stabilisers (locust bean gum, sodium alginate, carrageenan)

Locust bean gum is a natural thickener extracted from carob beans. Sodium alginate and carrageenan are natural thickeners made from algae.

R25 What?

by Anonymousreply 26June 10, 2024 7:53 PM

God, I hate that YouTube channel. Eva, is all about how Americans can't cook anything Italian the right way, her husband (an out of work film maker) fawns all over it like it's his last meal.

I love Italian food, but everything she cooks is so basic and boring. I don't get why they are so popular. How many ways can you claim pasta with tomato sauce is a different recipe when all you change is the shape of the pasta.

by Anonymousreply 27June 10, 2024 7:54 PM

[quoteElaine cooked hamburger with cream cheese for Mike Nichols when they first met, and he said that's how she won his heart. At least that's what the Elaine May biography I'm reading right now says.

She actually suggested using it as lube when Mike fucked her ass the first time, but her editors thought that a little crass, so they suggested the hamburger story.

by Anonymousreply 28June 10, 2024 7:56 PM

So, what happened?

by Anonymousreply 29June 10, 2024 7:56 PM

[quote]Italians can digest cow milk as a rule. They shouldn’t be eating it to begin with unless they want tummy trouble.

What? Did you mean CAN'T? Either way you are wrong. Italians as most Europeans have been eating cheese for thousands of years. That's where most of the worlds finest cheese come from. Asians are the ones that lack the gene to process milk. Europeans evolved with that gene because they have been making and eating cheese even before the time of the Roman Empire.

by Anonymousreply 30June 10, 2024 8:00 PM

[quote] God, I hate that YouTube channel. Eva, is all about how Americans can't cook anything Italian the right way, her husband (an out of work film maker) fawns all over it like it's his last meal.

I've watched several of their videos. She fawns all over him, never misses an opportunity to say "Harper" (his first name).

I've never been inspired by any of their recipes. Lots of oil all over everything.

by Anonymousreply 31June 10, 2024 8:04 PM

Yeah, I stumbled on them long ago when they first started that channel. Apparently she was a teacher his parents hired on their trip to Italy. That's why she is so cunty about doing everything the right way. But she's southern trash, just like her cooking.

On a side note, now that they are doing well, Harper really needs to see a dentist about those teeth.

by Anonymousreply 32June 10, 2024 8:17 PM

Americans are never going to start eating courses (at home), like how Eva espouses (no pasta and meat on the same plate).

by Anonymousreply 33June 10, 2024 8:23 PM

She's always dumping on the quality of US ingredients yet there are better brands of cream cheese than Kraft. Tillamook and Organic Valley.

by Anonymousreply 34June 10, 2024 8:25 PM

And what about mascarpone? Seems like that would be a huge upgrade from cream cheese. (No tang, though, and maybe it's a lot more expensive.)

by Anonymousreply 35June 10, 2024 8:27 PM

Isn’t Neufchâtel cheese similar to cream cheese?

by Anonymousreply 36June 10, 2024 9:05 PM

Yes, I think it's similar. But mascarpone is actually Italian, so why don't they use that?

by Anonymousreply 37June 10, 2024 9:15 PM

Eva is the best! Fuck you haters.

by Anonymousreply 38June 10, 2024 9:37 PM

Eva's hair always seems dirty to me. Not the best looking Italian woman we have ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 39June 10, 2024 9:44 PM

OP, I fear the Standard American Diet is making you peevish. And fat.

by Anonymousreply 40June 10, 2024 9:47 PM

[quote]She's always dumping on the quality of US ingredients yet there are better brands of cream cheese than Kraft. Tillamook and Organic Valley.

Dear Lord. I lived nearly 4 decades in Italy. No other country in the world has as many cheeses as does Italy. Philadelphia is a reality but in all that time I've seen it served only a handful of times, if that. Maybe as an ingredient in a sandwich you're see at a coffee bar. I think the only time I ever ate Philadelphia is in "American -style" cheesecake.

Italy has other soft spreadable cheese. Robiola and stracciatella are what Italians choose. Cheeses mostly unknown to Americans.

by Anonymousreply 41June 10, 2024 9:51 PM

Don't they have marscapone?

by Anonymousreply 42June 10, 2024 9:53 PM

I would buy fresh Robiola at my local cheese shop, but here is a commercial brand:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 10, 2024 9:55 PM

R42 Mascarpone too, but it's a looser creamy cheese, closer to thick cream.

by Anonymousreply 44June 10, 2024 9:57 PM

That proves my point, her recipes are trash. Most Italians probably think that too.

by Anonymousreply 45June 10, 2024 9:59 PM

I would never serve pasta with Philadelphia to my Italian friends. And I've never seen it. If you want that result, pasta with a creamy cheese, you use Robiola. It is a thing. Maybe Robiola and zucchini, something like that.

This funny guy is great. He speaks with a thick Livorno accent. Genuine traditional Tuscan cooking.

Il Bocca ......Pasta zucchine e robiola.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 10, 2024 10:08 PM

I absolutely hate cream cheese (why didn't I mention it on the icky foods thread?), but love the whipped version. It's so awfully heavy otherwise 😕.

by Anonymousreply 47June 10, 2024 10:46 PM

…stracciatella Is actually a gelato.

chocolate chip 😎

by Anonymousreply 48June 10, 2024 10:51 PM

R48 Stracciatella is a cheese, a gelato, a soup.

by Anonymousreply 49June 10, 2024 11:06 PM

Yes did you not see that I was making a joke >> /j

by Anonymousreply 50June 10, 2024 11:08 PM

[Quote] Lying European trash

Why is everyone so angry now, as evidenced by this persons rage over European fondness for cream cheese? And the hatred for Markle, that seems to be as bottomless as it is absurd.

Why are people so enraged?

by Anonymousreply 51June 10, 2024 11:16 PM

R50 It's also a floor wax and a desert topping.

by Anonymousreply 52June 10, 2024 11:43 PM

Sonoran or Mojave?

by Anonymousreply 53June 11, 2024 12:18 AM

OP, I don't understand you. You're enraged because the Italians who have been (rightfully) critical of American food products actually found at least one they actually enjoy eating? You're mad about this, why?

If you're this pressed maybe I should call in sick and not go to work or school tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

by Anonymousreply 54June 11, 2024 12:20 AM

R40 fuck you cunt, woman cunt for sure, I wear boys size 20 bitch, your oily slimey cunt can't slither into something small.

by Anonymousreply 55June 11, 2024 5:00 PM

Get a grip, r55. Smoke copious amounts of pot or something.

by Anonymousreply 56June 11, 2024 5:10 PM

For the UK cunts...

Philadelphia In the UK, Philadelphia is the dominant cream cheese brand in supermarkets, where it's often sold in oval tubs. In 2024, KraftHeinz's Philadelphia Cream Cheese was named "Best in Class" for cream cheese brands worldwide at the World Champion Cheese Contest. Then Germany, why are American products so bad, yet euroTrash demand them? Wtf

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 11, 2024 5:16 PM

I’ve met several people from the EU who got batshit crazy about our convenience store snacks. One woman I know was crazy about Herr’s Red Hot Potato Chips, available in the mid Atlantic states. She got several large bags. They burn your mouth and leave your fingers a bright red, but so addictive.

by Anonymousreply 58June 11, 2024 5:21 PM

A EU ban for smoked bacon 🥓 flavours is coming into effect and products are starting to be phased out now. Americans would go apeshit if this happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 11, 2024 5:24 PM

[quote] fuck you cunt, woman cunt for sure, I wear boys size 20 bitch, your oily slimey cunt can't slither into something small.

Oh, darling, I’ve seen so many average American boys, and wearing the same size as them is not an achievement you should boast about,

In any case I am sorry you have taken offence at me calling you fat. If it helps, I can refer to you as “heavy” instead? Or maybe “husky”? And I am happy to pretend that you have lovely skin or nice eyes.

by Anonymousreply 60June 11, 2024 5:40 PM

Philadelphia is the only good brand of cream cheese. And the blocks are better than the tubs. So the Europeans have it right.

by Anonymousreply 61June 11, 2024 5:57 PM

Correction: it seems the photo is misleading and they do the plastic contaibers over there? That's a shame.

by Anonymousreply 62June 11, 2024 5:59 PM

“Philadelphia is the only good brand of cream cheese.”

A non-sequitur if there ever was one…

by Anonymousreply 63June 11, 2024 6:12 PM

No bitch face cunt, I'm wearing 611 Levi's right now and they are not tight at all, no huskey either, your shit brain needs to try again, I look hot in my clothes, very hot even for a 58 year old, hows your fat gunt?

by Anonymousreply 64June 11, 2024 6:29 PM

Oof your posting history is gross, r64. 🚫

by Anonymousreply 65June 11, 2024 6:32 PM

HUSKY!

by Anonymousreply 66June 11, 2024 6:33 PM

[quote] No bitch face cunt, I'm wearing 611 Levi's right now

Well, kudos to you, r64, for finding an elasticated version capable of accommodating your bulk.

by Anonymousreply 67June 11, 2024 9:29 PM

Try Good Culture cream cheese at Whole Foods and experience cream cheese without guar gum and other additives. It makes a superior cheese cake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 11, 2024 11:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!