Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What Are Your Favorite "So Bad It's Good" Movies?

Mine:

Howard The Duck

Showgirls

Poltergeist 2

Deep Blue Sea

Surviving Christmas

by Anonymousreply 18June 13, 2024 10:40 AM

I like the old Hammer horror movies; there are many to choose from, but the one that's a particular hoot is Taste The Blood of Dracula in which Dracula turns the town's altar boy into the village idiot, the priest into a perv (before it was fashionable to be a pervy priest) and his love interest is some hefty German-ish frau. It's sort of sad that the quality and good looks of Dracula's love interest declines throughout the movies. And the blood looks like that kind of paint you used to in art class in elementary school. It's so bad and you feel a bit bad for Christopher Lee who was a decent actor, yet it's entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2024 11:27 AM

SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY. Everything about this movie (from the psycho husband with his affinity for tidy kitchen cabinets and playing Berlioz while fucking to Julia's ailing 120-year-old mother) is unintentionally amusing.

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2024 12:59 PM

Showgirls

Lady In A Cage

Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls

Where Love Has Gone

X,Y, & Zee

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2024 6:31 PM

I think Sleeping With The Enemy is a pretty good movie R2. Not bad at all.

I would like to add the Jaws sequels to my list even the 4th one, Jaws: the Revenge.

The banana boat scene, the beautiful underwater shots and the roaring shark at the end are all worth it.

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2024 6:42 PM

[quote]SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY. Everything about this movie (from the psycho husband with his affinity for tidy kitchen cabinets and playing Berlioz while fucking to Julia's ailing 120-year-old mother) is unintentionally amusing.

I also love how the strikingly beautiful Roberts character slaps a ratty wig on her head as a disguise & calls it good. I remember when that book came out - total frau bait. During that period, she made a lot of crappy movies & it's a tribute to her star power that she somehow managed to retain her A list status

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2024 6:57 PM

Body of Evidence. Have you ever seen animals make love, Frank? It's intense.

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2024 7:27 PM

I'm sure my #1 pick is on many DLer's lists: "At Long Last Love." Of the four principals, the, shall we say, 'least accomplished' is the 2nd male lead whose name I've either mercifully forgotten or never wanted to remember anyway.

Of course, Eileen Brennan and John Hillerman, in the supporting cast, are their usual top-shelfers, and steal every scene they're in.

Can Cole Porter sue from the grave?

Do I win? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2024 7:37 PM

Striptease (had a sense of humor about itself)

Thor 2 (had no sense of humor about itself)

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2024 8:37 PM

California Suite (1978)

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2024 8:42 PM

White Chicks and Dumb And Dumber.

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2024 9:05 PM

Ishtar, but only the first half.

by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2024 9:10 PM

R10 Dumb And Dumber is a great comedy!

by Anonymousreply 12June 12, 2024 11:11 AM

Two Moon Junction.

by Anonymousreply 13June 12, 2024 6:11 PM

Showgirls

Anaconda

Malibus Most Wanted

Along Came a Spider

Don’t tell mom the babysitters dead

Saw 3

by Anonymousreply 14June 12, 2024 6:16 PM

"The Doors" is another campy mess full of bad wigs, acting to the rafters and the dull potato faced Meg Ryan at the height of her popularity. Best watched while very drunk

by Anonymousreply 15June 13, 2024 8:43 AM

I saw At Long Last Love several years ago at some theater in NY (the Quad) and thought it was delightful.

Anyway, my top choice of a bad movie I love is Exorcist II: The Heretic.

My runner up is Body of Evidence.

by Anonymousreply 16June 13, 2024 10:19 AM

"Dude, Where's My Car."

I know. The pre-show Jäger shots probably helped.

And I second OP's appreciation for "Deep Blue Sea." Best screen death ever.

by Anonymousreply 17June 13, 2024 10:24 AM

Can't Stop The Music ,,, 💕💕

Bruce Jenners Treasure Trail!!!!

David Hodo youthful and beautiful!!!!

Valarie Perrine in her role as the perfect f#$ hag!!!!

Hot athletic men with non steroid enhanced bodies!!!

Steve Gutenberg at the pinnacle of his hotness.!!!

Tube socks!!!! Short Shorts!!!!

Nancy Walker (RIP)doing poppers in-between takes realizing what a shit show this is!!!

Glen Hughes (RIP) hairy chest and handlebar stache!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 13, 2024 10:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!