Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cindy Adams

Gossip; columnists almost never want to retire, but they are often made to do so. Liz Smith was forced out of her job, which always makes me sad (she was nice), and Michael Musto (who was funny) lost his primary venue (although he still has a monthly-only column for Queerty). But at 94, Cindy Adams is still writing her regular column for the Post. What's her secret?

She lives in an enormous nine-room penthouse with a 1,000 sq. ft. veranda that used to belong to Doris Duke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2024 1:19 AM

When I clicked on the New York Post, my dick fell off.

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2024 12:34 AM

Doris Duke lived on a veranda?

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2024 12:35 AM

Doris, like her good friend Jackie, was also on assistance, R2

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2024 12:42 AM

I ran into it during my time as a shopbottom. A vulgar, rude, angry thing.

The apartment situation you mentioned sounds suspicious. CA is another revolting grifter from way back.

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2024 12:48 AM

Disgusting Trumper. And she ugly.

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2024 12:50 AM

I've told this story before here on DL. She's a real peice of work. This took place back when her husband Joey was in decline and barely knew who he was let alone where he was. She and Joey were at a table at a midtown restaurant in the theatre district, when she asked the waiter where the restrooms were - Joey had to go. When informed they were downstairs, she led Joey right out to the front entranceway of the restaurant and had Joey piss right there inside on the vestibule floor while she stood guard. Piss elegant queen that she is, she then leads Joey back to their table as if nothing ever happened. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2024 1:05 AM

You sure she’s writing it? She may be a Dear Abby at this point. They’re just using her name.

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2024 1:57 AM

R6 Sounds like a made-up story, but she is a vile cunt.

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2024 2:02 AM

She's such a relic from another time. It's just weird that she's still around.

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2024 2:42 AM

Very cunty and funny thread we had about Cindy's hideous Park Avenue apartment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2024 2:52 AM

The one great thing that the awful Cindy and Joey Adams did was to inspire this classic SNL skit with Phil Hartman and Nora Dunn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2024 3:17 AM

Kabuki makeup and ratty Korean wig.

by Anonymousreply 12June 10, 2024 3:26 AM

Wasn't she chummy with Imelda?

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2024 3:35 AM

No way could she ever afford that apartment as a columnist. Must have had other sources of money or married it.

by Anonymousreply 14June 10, 2024 3:36 AM

Watching her back in the day was like nails on a chalkboard. She screamed low class New Yawker trying to play with the real rich kids. Beat it Cindy. Sorry, but I never could stand her.

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2024 3:37 AM

She's been a huge lover of dictators, from Sukarno to Marcos to Noriega. No wonder she's always been an admirer of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 16June 10, 2024 3:37 AM

Mean, nasty old cunt

by Anonymousreply 17June 10, 2024 3:42 AM

Do they prop her up to write this drivel?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2024 10:27 PM

She's the epitome of a social climber. She fucked Joey Adams (a B to C-list comedian that she always talks up like he was SOOO famous) and married him at 22 - he was 41.

They never had kids - which leads me to think he was gay and she just liked being introduced into entertainment and the connections.

She's a busybody yenta always trying to know everybody and looking down on anyone who isn't famous or wealthy. She IS that type of woman - and it's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2024 10:50 PM

She's still alive?

Only in New York!

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2024 10:54 PM

Was she best friend to Barbara Walters, or am I confusing her with Liz Smith (or someone else)?

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2024 10:57 PM

i remember her talking about a trip she and Walters (and another lady) took. And along with Babs, she was also on beard duty for the ever-disgusting Roy Cohn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2024 11:11 PM

She and Walters were cut from the same cloth, although Barbara had a lot more built-in connections due to her father. Cindy just used her husband's connections instead.

The table-hopping gossiping yenta who craves to be on the inside - sucks up to ANYONE with power and treats everyone else like garbage.

Unfortunately, it's a winning strategy and still being employed today by lots of people.

Do and say anything people with money and power want and you get to be their lap dog, getting invites to fabulous parties and affairs. Republicans know this and rely on this to get local and lower level politicians and aspiring people to do their dirty work.

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2024 11:18 PM

This is exactly what I personally experienced in my encounter with this crypt keeper. R19. Someone who looked me up and down. A vulgar expression of contempt from a vulgar female who has an incredibly shady background. She has overstayed her welcome in the public consciousness by at least 50 years!

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2024 11:18 PM

Isn’t she friends with one Judith Sheindlin?

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2024 11:21 PM

The vestibule pissing story makes me kind of like her.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2024 11:26 PM

R25 - ask her and she's friends with EVERYBODY! I'm friends with X, and Y, and insert name here. Barbara Walters was the same way.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2024 11:26 PM

Feed her and Joey for free, get a column mention.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2024 11:33 PM

The best thing you can say about the woman is that she is a closet dyke. Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2024 11:35 PM

Remember when Stuttering John trolled her and Joey on Howard Stern? About 4:15.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2024 12:23 AM

Yeah r2. In the service porch area.

by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2024 1:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!