Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cindy Adams

Gossip; columnists almost never want to retire, but they are often made to do so. Liz Smith was forced out of her job, which always makes me sad (she was nice), and Michael Musto (who was funny) lost his primary venue (although he still has a monthly-only column for Queerty). But at 94, Cindy Adams is still writing her regular column for the Post. What's her secret?

She lives in an enormous nine-room penthouse with a 1,000 sq. ft. veranda that used to belong to Doris Duke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 10, 2024 3:42 AM

When I clicked on the New York Post, my dick fell off.

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2024 12:34 AM

Doris Duke lived on a veranda?

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2024 12:35 AM

Doris, like her good friend Jackie, was also on assistance, R2

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2024 12:42 AM

I ran into it during my time as a shopbottom. A vulgar, rude, angry thing.

The apartment situation you mentioned sounds suspicious. CA is another revolting grifter from way back.

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2024 12:48 AM

Disgusting Trumper. And she ugly.

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2024 12:50 AM

I've told this story before here on DL. She's a real peice of work. This took place back when her husband Joey was in decline and barely knew who he was let alone where he was. She and Joey were at a table at a midtown restaurant in the theatre district, when she asked the waiter where the restrooms were - Joey had to go. When informed they were downstairs, she led Joey right out to the front entranceway of the restaurant and had Joey piss right there inside on the vestibule floor while she stood guard. Piss elegant queen that she is, she then leads Joey back to their table as if nothing ever happened. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2024 1:05 AM

You sure she’s writing it? She may be a Dear Abby at this point. They’re just using her name.

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2024 1:57 AM

R6 Sounds like a made-up story, but she is a vile cunt.

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2024 2:02 AM

She's such a relic from another time. It's just weird that she's still around.

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2024 2:42 AM

Very cunty and funny thread we had about Cindy's hideous Park Avenue apartment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2024 2:52 AM

The one great thing that the awful Cindy and Joey Adams did was to inspire this classic SNL skit with Phil Hartman and Nora Dunn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2024 3:17 AM

Kabuki makeup and ratty Korean wig.

by Anonymousreply 12June 10, 2024 3:26 AM

Wasn't she chummy with Imelda?

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2024 3:35 AM

No way could she ever afford that apartment as a columnist. Must have had other sources of money or married it.

by Anonymousreply 14June 10, 2024 3:36 AM

Watching her back in the day was like nails on a chalkboard. She screamed low class New Yawker trying to play with the real rich kids. Beat it Cindy. Sorry, but I never could stand her.

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2024 3:37 AM

She's been a huge lover of dictators, from Sukarno to Marcos to Noriega. No wonder she's always been an admirer of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 16June 10, 2024 3:37 AM

Mean, nasty old cunt

by Anonymousreply 17June 10, 2024 3:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!